Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 07:12:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 [222] 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 ... 410 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Newbie BitInstant Support Thread (Active Customer Support)  (Read 495956 times)
Xosihc

Activity: 538
Merit: 500

Hello

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 10:03:41 PM

So would BitInstant like to comment on what is going to happen to those who deposited over a week ago, and yet have still not received our funds, missing a fairly sizable BTC bubble that happened today. I would have sold a decent chunk of my BTC off at ~$250 (after ostensibly buying at ~115 if I got my funds as expected) to probably cover my some portion of my initial investment, and kept the rest in BTC. Because of the 7+ day delay in receiving funds though I and many others have missed the opportunity.

I can't say for sure what exactly I would or would not have done with my BTC had I had it when the bubble approached and began, but I would have been in control had I had my own money....

Well of course you would have sold at the top... Everyone was going to.
andrewb

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 10:07:02 PM

So would BitInstant like to comment on what is going to happen to those who deposited over a week ago, and yet have still not received our funds, missing a fairly sizable BTC bubble that happened today. I would have sold a decent chunk of my BTC off at ~$250 (after ostensibly buying at ~115 if I got my funds as expected) to probably cover my some portion of my initial investment, and kept the rest in BTC. Because of the 7+ day delay in receiving funds though I and many others have missed the opportunity.

I can't say for sure what exactly I would or would not have done with my BTC had I had it when the bubble approached and began, but I would have been in control had I had my own money....

I certainly would have sold some at some point in the downswing. When and how much? Who knows. I don't know, bitinstant doesn't know, no one can ever know. All I know is the locus of control was taken from me due to faulty BitInstant something or other.
URSAY
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 10:08:08 PM

I've noticed that there has been several people who have had their issues resolved, but I am curious if any of those were for pulling USD out of BitInstant?  Or even more simply like mine which was USD exchange coupon to USD PayPal?  No market to even deal with for my issue, the issue was only the money didn't come out of BitInstant's PayPal account and into my account.  I just picture a first level support that hands off the more difficult items to second level and is able to quickly fix simple items, but either that isn't the case with the support or they fraudulently don't have the cash flow available on the PayPal side to fulfill my order (which was pretty small in comparison to others.)

Thanks!

You may see some of the PP and Bitstamp issues resolved later tonight.  Another CS rep is working on this...  Cheesy
Nachtwind

Activity: 700
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 10:08:13 PM

FINAL 4/10 support list includes users that I have logged issues for today and part of yesterday.  If you are not on this list then your issue may of been logged on an earlier date and is still being resolved.

liztah / yero888 / pootsniff / Nachtwind / whoiscasey / uncfun42204 / iwmb / Col-Sanders / gf.ricardo / chubbychecker / bitcoinfiend / alternative30 / watchboy / ASM11 / chase1420 / xqr / maxspace321 / damavox / kmicro / iridium77 / archimediate / Tejh / bigpoppapump69 / cayson / Bunks / cassiolandim / devz0r / v1le / endlessdark / joae1975 / khesquid / karmic / Sowhat / voos / bitcrazynoob / dookiedue / koob / baggage / jwest411 / shivamachoman / Betelquese / cubism4nerds / EdsWow1 / lentilsoup94 / dannnk / Betelquese / bccdn / 3sd / breel / paradoxal / Kennedy3789 / spiritglove

wow, again on a list... would finally like to be on the list "resolved"...
URSAY
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 10:08:50 PM

Read my sig.
Xosihc

Activity: 538
Merit: 500

Hello

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 10:08:59 PM

I certainly would have sold some at some point in the downswing. When and how much? Who knows. I don't know, bitinstant doesn't know, no one can ever know. All I know is the locus of control was taken from me due to faulty BitInstant something or other.

Well I do agree with you on that point.
efini

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 10:13:24 PM

Sent PM, URSAY replied 3+ times since then, still no response  Cry
same. they have less than 24 hours before i file with NYC small claims. seems that's what they want, and I'll happily oblige
andrewb

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 10:13:48 PM

Read my sig.

No, your sig does not my address my issue. Your sig addresses what rate I will get my coins at.

What I am saying is, I SHOULD of had ~4.17 BTC today to do whatever I wanted to do with, as this bubble approached and BTC ultimately crashed. I would have sold some portion of these as BTC began to crash, locking in some profit and leaving me with some BTC left over. Instead I had NO btc to sell due to bitinstant's issue, thus depriving me of the profit opportunity.
URSAY
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 10:18:55 PM

Sent PM, URSAY replied 3+ times since then, still no response  Cry
same. they have less than 24 hours before i file with NYC small claims. seems that's what they want, and I'll happily oblige

Read my sig.
glasshouse

Activity: 6

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 10:22:13 PM

You may see some of the PP and Bitstamp issues resolved later tonight.  Another CS rep is working on this...  Cheesy

You may want to recommend to management that they implement ITIL standards in handing support requests in the future...  Leave solving the actual problems to a 3rd level support, and allow the lower levels to concentrate on keeping the customers happy by fixing their issues.  What I mean by this is, whatever the root cause of a PayPal/BitStamp/MtGox issue is fixed at the root cause level by the 3rd level support... they focus on fixing the problems the company comes across, which are found because of the issues customers report, whereas the customers issues are things like "I don't have my money/coins", which is a different problem than "PayPal froze one of our accounts" or whatever (which is a company problem).  This allows the lower levels to quickly solve your customer's issues (by whatever means necessary, manually transferring funds, etc...) and allow those who are 3rd level subject matter experts to focus on making it so that the issue doesn't reoccur for others.  If you suggest this to your management, then you will be giving them the solution to their current problem...  irritated customers because of over-extended support who may wind up not being customers in the future.  That and a real support/ticket system that has a UI available to your customers.  All the customer cares about for their issue is their issue, not the companies problem.  The customer will however care when choosing in the future who to use, so you do have to have the 3rd level support to resolve the problems, but you can do that in the background without affecting the customer's issue.

Okay, done with my soap box, hopefully URSAY you get something helpful out of this you can take to your management Smiley.

Thanks!
runarmyof1

Activity: 4

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 10:35:24 PM

FINAL 4/10 support list includes users that I have logged issues for today and part of yesterday.  If you are not on this list then your issue may of been logged on an earlier date and is still being resolved.

liztah / yero888 / pootsniff / Nachtwind / whoiscasey / uncfun42204 / iwmb / Col-Sanders / gf.ricardo / chubbychecker / bitcoinfiend / alternative30 / watchboy / ASM11 / chase1420 / xqr / maxspace321 / damavox / kmicro / iridium77 / archimediate / Tejh / bigpoppapump69 / cayson / Bunks / cassiolandim / devz0r / v1le / endlessdark / joae1975 / khesquid / karmic / Sowhat / voos / bitcrazynoob / dookiedue / koob / baggage / jwest411 / shivamachoman / Betelquese / cubism4nerds / EdsWow1 / lentilsoup94 / dannnk / Betelquese / bccdn / 3sd / breel / paradoxal / Kennedy3789 / spiritglove

How can you have a 4/10 list when I was on the 4/9 and haven't received anything yet. I'd appreciate a response.
URSAY
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 10:37:10 PM

You may want to recommend to management that they implement ITIL standards in handing support requests in the future...  Leave solving the actual problems to a 3rd level support, and allow the lower levels to concentrate on keeping the customers happy by fixing their issues.  What I mean by this is, whatever the root cause of a PayPal/BitStamp/MtGox issue is fixed at the root cause level by the 3rd level support... they focus on fixing the problems the company comes across, which are found because of the issues customers report, whereas the customers issues are things like "I don't have my money/coins", which is a different problem than "PayPal froze one of our accounts" or whatever (which is a company problem).  This allows the lower levels to quickly solve your customer's issues (by whatever means necessary, manually transferring funds, etc...) and allow those who are 3rd level subject matter experts to focus on making it so that the issue doesn't reoccur for others.  If you suggest this to your management, then you will be giving them the solution to their current problem...  irritated customers because of over-extended support who may wind up not being customers in the future.  That and a real support/ticket system that has a UI available to your customers.  All the customer cares about for their issue is their issue, not the companies problem.  The customer will however care when choosing in the future who to use, so you do have to have the 3rd level support to resolve the problems, but you can do that in the background without affecting the customer's issue.

Okay, done with my soap box, hopefully URSAY you get something helpful out of this you can take to your management Smiley.

Thanks!

We are well aware of the issues and we are always working on them.  Thanks for your feedback.  Smiley
URSAY
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 10:37:30 PM

How can you have a 4/10 list when I was on the 4/9 and haven't received anything yet. I'd appreciate a response.

Read my sig.
sinupyfield00

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 10:40:21 PM

I have used Bitinstant many times without any incidents. Always smooth until just recently. I did a transfer last night and it seemed to get stuck on "MTGox Order Loading" - no sign of any movement. I know there's some ruckus out there and alot of people upset, but if anyone could help me get this completed I would be thankful. I would send URSAY a message, but I can't PM. My email is this username, but at Yahoo.com - also the confirmation email for my order, Order ID    c9886d4b-377d-4995-bff5-f7689ef1be8a - if you can help me out, please let me know!
URSAY
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 10:44:29 PM

I have used Bitinstant many times without any incidents. Always smooth until just recently. I did a transfer last night and it seemed to get stuck on "MTGox Order Loading" - no sign of any movement. I know there's some ruckus out there and alot of people upset, but if anyone could help me get this completed I would be thankful. I would send URSAY a message, but I can't PM. My email is this username, but at Yahoo.com - also the confirmation email for my order, Order ID    c9886d4b-377d-4995-bff5-f7689ef1be8a - if you can help me out, please let me know!

Adding you to the 4/11 support list!  Cheesy
glasshouse

Activity: 6

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 10:48:48 PM

We are well aware of the issues and we are always working on them.  Thanks for your feedback.  Smiley

No problem!  Just keep in mind of what I am saying.  Our issues are different from your issues.  We will call a customer's issue an Issue (capital I) and the company's issue a Problem (capital P).   You don't have to fix the root cause of a Problem to fix a customers Issue, you just need to make right the customers Issue.  You should be able to resolve at least 15+ Issues an hour per person, and probably more, in most cases (there's always exceptions, but they are the exception.)  Fixing a Problem takes more time of course, but fixing a Problem keeps Issues from happening.  A quick example, my situation:

For whatever reason funds weren't available in company's PayPal account to transfer to my PayPal account.

To fix the Issue, quickly by 1st/2nd level:  Manually send the money from some other PayPal account...  takes just a few minutes, regardless of if it is 1st/2nd level support person doing this or queuing requests to group with permission to transfer money from Bank Account through other PayPal accounts, etc...

To fix the Problem, by 3rd level:  Fix whatever transfers the money into PayPal, work with PayPal to unfreeze the account, etc...   takes much longer.

Even if you know what the Problems are, you shouldn't make customer's Issues depend on the resolution to the Problems.  By doing this you keep us happy by fixing our Issues faster and also you're paying a smaller amount of people more pay to solve the Problems (and those fixing Issues are paid less, since it requires less skill.)
3sd

Activity: 12

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 11:21:56 PM

soooo since im not bitching about some thing you cant control can you push mine threw a little faster lol jk unless this works and then im not kidding lol 4/10 list what what lol not worried i knbow some how bitinstant will make it right been using them way to long
watchboy

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 11:22:47 PM

Just letting you know that my issue involving order 9be89a46-300a-425d-9751-d43c3a89b7de has been resolved. Thanks to all on the BitInstant support team!
3sd

Activity: 12

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 11:23:32 PM

I sent 443.95$ 04/05 @ 520pmEST thru Wal-Mart/Moneygram/Zip/Zap/Bitinstant/Mtgox and my $$ is nowhere to be found. Could you please put me on a support list?

OrderID: bea9620e-f1e3-45ed-9dca-9548dc07a29a
EventID: e6d8e6af-f43b-442b-a11b-8e51d007a5ff
DestAccount: M24372891X
QuoteID: 7a23c122-becc-499b-934b-23e0a3bbd581
User: SYSTEM
DestExchange: mtgox
eventtype: Order executed
EventSentAt: 1365197050.8
APIResponse: MTGOX-USD-WJ4PA-483H3-C6RM7-9723D
FundsSent: $422.444 USD

Coupon code up for grabs lol
ormrotter

Activity: 17

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 11:27:41 PM

I sent 443.95$ 04/05 @ 520pmEST thru Wal-Mart/Moneygram/Zip/Zap/Bitinstant/Mtgox and my $$ is nowhere to be found. Could you please put me on a support list?

OrderID: bea9620e-f1e3-45ed-9dca-9548dc07a29a
EventID: e6d8e6af-f43b-442b-a11b-8e51d007a5ff
DestAccount: M24372891X
QuoteID: 7a23c122-becc-499b-934b-23e0a3bbd581
User: SYSTEM
DestExchange: mtgox
eventtype: Order executed
EventSentAt: 1365197050.8
APIResponse: MTGOX-USD-WJ4PA-483H3-C6RM7-9723D
FundsSent: $422.444 USD

Coupon code up for grabs lol

?
Pages: « 1 ... 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 [222] 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 ... 410 »
  Print  

Jump to: