May 06, 2024, 04:55:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: best coin on the market?
VERGE - 294 (40.8%)
XVG - 427 (59.2%)
Total Voters: 721

Pages: « 1 ... 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 [280] 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 ... 667 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [$XVG] VERGE [POW][MultiAlgo][TOR/i2P][no premine/ico!]  (Read 843553 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (51 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1009

$XVG - The Standard in Crypto as a Currency!

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2017, 07:23:44 PM

There are many 'download wallet' options but i guess windows versions are not compatible with windows xp sp 3 32bit . This OS is still widely used around the world even if it's old.
Anyways i saw an online wallet version to http://verge-wallet.xyz/. I understand that your crypto is new and might not have financial resources but you know that an antivirus (i think bitdefender, not sure) is blocking .xyz domains access from a computer browser ? Still .xyz domains are not very trusted (blacklisted) so i suggest you to research the problem and when you have resources or in time when you grow to move to a trusted domain such as .net or .org or .info or anything you like.

we prefer people don't use our online wallet anyway, since we have many other more secure/private options available.

but our online wallet isnt blocked by google. it's actually been crawled by google many times. =]

_///// [$XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON THE VERGE ★★★★★ [MULTI-ALGO] /////_
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Shiroslullaby

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 07:27:14 PM

Everyone should watch the video that was posted earlier in the thread:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFXkJjgPlII

I agree with basically everything that was said in this interview and think this project is headed in a good direction.

Also check out this presentation by Greg Maxwell (Bitcoin core dev) about Confidential Transactions.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHPYNZ8i1cU

Privacy implementations are going to be very important going forward in the crypto space.

Shintax

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 07:43:06 PM

what is happening to verge these days? why has it continued dropping for some weeks?
I have high speculation to verge. I hope verge can be adapted in dark market. Is verge going to that direction?

Im sure whales are suppressing the market so they can soak up as much XVG as possible before it takes off Wink

▀  ███       LEDGER  WALLET   PROTECT  YOUR  BITCOINS
▀  ▀▀▀       Smartcard security for your bitcoins        Decentralized,Open,Secure         Available now  []
▀  ▀  ▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Bledarus

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 11:52:35 PM

verge is way better than redcoin bytecoins and digitalnote Siacoin dogecoin DigiByte...
with few uptdates and upgrades the price of verge can jump easy to 10 cent per piece!!

geepee

Activity: 11

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 01:27:46 AM

Can anyone explain the difference in anonymity/privacy between the Straits Breeze wallet and Verge?

thank you
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2017, 02:01:00 AM

Can anyone explain the difference in anonymity/privacy between the Straits Breeze wallet and Verge?

thank you

user ip addresses are still broadcast on stratis network, and tumbling coins is not anonymity.

Kryptomaniac

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 02:03:18 AM

verge is way better than redcoin bytecoins and digitalnote Siacoin dogecoin DigiByte...
with few uptdates and upgrades the price of verge can jump easy to 10 cent per piece!!

I agree!  I please invite these topics of price speculation to go to:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1366103.new#new

It's cooking there...
GRR

Activity: 249

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 12:16:24 PM

You're just delusional if you think it can "easily" jump by 33x to 1.5b market cap, no matter how good the tech is. I don't think the coin needs nonsensical price "predictions" in this thread, because the project speaks for itself.
geepee

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 12:59:03 PM

Hopefully XVG gets on some bigger exchanges and also the asian exchanges to help boost volume. There are lot of people wanting to hide their money from Big Brother.  

carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 01:05:29 PM

what is happening to verge these days? why has it continued dropping for some weeks?
I have high speculation to verge. I hope verge can be adapted in dark market. Is verge going to that direction?

Im sure whales are suppressing the market so they can soak up as much XVG as possible before it takes off Wink
that's a good reason behind mate some big whales are trying to suppress the value in order to buy a lots of this coin and continue holding big numbers of this coin it should be notice so weak holders will not be trapped and just keep holding for longer term and succeed.
geepee

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 01:12:50 PM

that's a good reason behind mate some big whales are trying to suppress the value in order to buy a lots of this coin and continue holding big numbers of this coin it should be notice so weak holders will not be trapped and just keep holding for longer term and succeed.

What do you think is a weak holder < 2mil, <1mil <500K... ?
GRR

Activity: 249

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 01:53:29 PM

What do you think is a weak holder < 2mil, <1mil <500K... ?

A weak holder is more likely defined by being prone to FUD and dumping easily by small price fluctuations.
DICKYROC

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 03:24:38 PM

Hi dev i am new to crypto so wondering where is the best place to store Verge securely, not on hot wallet or mobile?  I would rather have it on desktop or nano (if possible) any ideas?  have downloaded the electrum-xvg then got stuck and not a clue how to get my coins from the exchange to the wallet. I am not very techy but desperate to get them off exchange asap.
Thanks
wood299

Activity: 53

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 03:32:07 PM
Last edit: June 20, 2017, 03:47:12 PM by wood299

any chance the supply will get a cut in the future, i think what is holding back this wonderful coin, is the immense supply, if it can be reduced to million instead of billion would be better imho, i know it require a hard fork but its worth the risk

First I want to say our Dev Team is doing a Top Notch Job - keep it up!

Your suggestion needs to be analyzed.  At this point the space has gone into "Hyperspeed" and we need dramatic and intentional moves.  "Coin Reduction" would be a BIG MOVE; raising scarcity would increase value.

I would add that adding PoS immediately would be of great benefit as well.  It's hard to park your cash in a coin that doesn't pay dividends for holding while almost all other coins that share our objectives are providing STAKING incentives.  For the holder Staking represents some assurity during the inevitable "Pumps and Dumps" plus it provides a double incentive of value:  The rise in coin value (XVG $1.00) + the Staking Dividend.  For Hardware Miners it becomes a triple incentive if they choose to hold what they mine.  

This is definitely a race, so reminiscent of 1999 with another emerging technology at that time.  I know by these suggestions we're asking a lot from the Devs but I strongly feel we have a strong community willing and able to support our Team in whatever is necessary.  

So, Coin Reduction + PoS = Rise in Coin Value

Btw, Coin Reduction becomes very meaningful when RSK is implemented.

Yes to all of this.
joscmc

Activity: 25

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 05:46:09 PM

any chance the supply will get a cut in the future, i think what is holding back this wonderful coin, is the immense supply, if it can be reduced to million instead of billion would be better imho, i know it require a hard fork but its worth the risk

Your suggestion needs to be analyzed.  At this point the space has gone into "Hyperspeed" and we need dramatic and intentional moves.  "Coin Reduction" would be a BIG MOVE; raising scarcity would increase value.

I would add that adding PoS immediately would be of great benefit as well.  It's hard to park your cash in a coin that doesn't pay dividends for holding while almost all other coins that share our objectives are providing STAKING incentives.  For the holder Staking represents some assurity during the inevitable "Pumps and Dumps" plus it provides a double incentive of value:  The rise in coin value (XVG $1.00) + the Staking Dividend.  For Hardware Miners it becomes a triple incentive if they choose to hold what they mine.  

This is definitely a race, so reminiscent of 1999 with another emerging technology at that time.  I know by these suggestions we're asking a lot from the Devs but I strongly feel we have a strong community willing and able to support our Team in whatever is necessary.  

Yes to all of this.

Me too. Whilst the dev is doing an incridible job, we need to start thinking how we can attract more investors along with customers. Whilst this tech is great, that along can't be the reason why people should invest/use verge, when there are other coins that give out rewards and have a strong/increase presence of marketing.

I advise that we double down on marketing over the weeks/months, so that we can really form a team that can support the dev in taking this tech to the masses. Not just in social media with banners etc, but attending talks to show that the team not only are dedicated to this project, BUT also know what they are talking about... You will basically have to treat this as a buisness, because that is the only way this will succeed, as the Dash coin has.
AceOfPentacles

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 06:06:59 PM

Great post your two suggestions are exactly on target!
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2017, 06:17:52 PM

Yes to all of this.

Me too. Whilst the dev is doing an incridible job, we need to start thinking how we can attract more investors along with customers. Whilst this tech is great, that along can't be the reason why people should invest/use verge, when there are other coins that give out rewards and have a strong/increase presence of marketing.

I advise that we double down on marketing over the weeks/months, so that we can really form a team that can support the dev in taking this tech to the masses. Not just in social media with banners etc, but attending talks to show that the team not only are dedicated to this project, BUT also know what they are talking about... You will basically have to treat this as a buisness, because that is the only way this will succeed, as the Dash coin has.

sure, we will go anywhere, and we look forward to your donation to development to make that happen =]

Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2017, 06:19:08 PM

Yes to all of this.
This is not happening and it's a dumb choice on many levels. Dev has already discussed this. Read the post history before telling Dev what he should do. It's really assuming, naive, big headed, and annoying.

correct. i am not going to hard fork to take away users coins. that's absurd.

Slemicek

Activity: 139
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 06:22:41 PM

Hey guys, can you please help? I sent some xvg to my paper wallet. It´s been 12 hours now. Through Electrum wallet I checked balance, it arrived but transaction is not verified yet and there is only 1 confirmation. Is that normal?  I sent form bittrex with auto-set fee. Thank you very much for any answer.

TheCryptoKing111

Activity: 6

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 06:36:19 PM

When I send xvg to my paper wallet it says its an invalid xvg address,  also I noticed that the paper wallet download link is gone on https://vergecurrency.com/
Whats the alternative for the paper wallet if its discontinued?
Thanks
Pages: « 1 ... 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 [280] 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 ... 667 »
  Print  

Jump to: