May 08, 2024, 06:31:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: best coin on the market?
VERGE - 294 (40.8%)
XVG - 427 (59.2%)
Total Voters: 721

Pages: « 1 ... 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 [281] 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 ... 667 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [$XVG] VERGE [POW][MultiAlgo][TOR/i2P][no premine/ico!]  (Read 843555 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (51 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Slemicek

Activity: 139
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 06:51:26 PM

When I send xvg to my paper wallet it says its an invalid xvg address,  also I noticed that the paper wallet download link is gone on https://vergecurrency.com/
Whats the alternative for the paper wallet if its discontinued?
Thanks

I see it normaly.
http://vergecurrency.com/paper-wallet/index.html

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Slemicek

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 07:42:45 PM
Last edit: June 20, 2017, 08:56:21 PM by Slemicek

Hey guys, can you please help? I sent some xvg to my paper wallet. It´s been 12 hours now. Through Electrum wallet I checked balance, it arrived but transaction is not verified yet and there is only 1 confirmation. Is that normal?  I sent form bittrex with auto-set fee. Thank you very much for any answer.

Reopened.
Okay seems like XVG electrum has this issue :

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=330626.0

I have my xvg transactions confirmed here http://yiimp.ccminer.org/explorer/XVG

but Electreum xvg still writing all my transactions as unverified. But reopening electrum doesnt work and deleting blockchain headers neither.

Mb this is problem ?

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
<html><head>
<title>404 Not Found</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Not Found</h1>
<p>The requested URL /blockchain_headers was not found on this server.</p>
<hr>
<address>Apache/2.4.7 (Ubuntu) Server at electrum-verge.xyz Port 80</address>
</body></html>
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1009

$XVG - The Standard in Crypto as a Currency!

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2017, 11:28:37 PM
Last edit: June 20, 2017, 11:53:36 PM by Dogedarkdev

Hey guys, can you please help? I sent some xvg to my paper wallet. It´s been 12 hours now. Through Electrum wallet I checked balance, it arrived but transaction is not verified yet and there is only 1 confirmation. Is that normal?  I sent form bittrex with auto-set fee. Thank you very much for any answer.

Reopened.

but Electreum xvg still writing all my transactions as unverified. But reopening electrum doesnt work and deleting blockchain headers neither.

Mb this is problem ?

<html><head>
</head><body>
<h1>Not Found</h1>
<hr>
</body></html>

yeah, even though it says unverified, it's still spendable. i was actually fixing it just now. thanks for reporting it!

EDIT: fixed!

_///// [$XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON THE VERGE ★★★★★ [MULTI-ALGO] /////_
regnar75

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 01:03:00 AM

any chance the supply will get a cut in the future, i think what is holding back this wonderful coin, is the immense supply, if it can be reduced to million instead of billion would be better imho, i know it require a hard fork but its worth the risk

First I want to say our Dev Team is doing a Top Notch Job - keep it up!

Your suggestion needs to be analyzed.  At this point the space has gone into "Hyperspeed" and we need dramatic and intentional moves.  "Coin Reduction" would be a BIG MOVE; raising scarcity would increase value.

I would add that adding PoS immediately would be of great benefit as well.  It's hard to park your cash in a coin that doesn't pay dividends for holding while almost all other coins that share our objectives are providing STAKING incentives.  For the holder Staking represents some assurity during the inevitable "Pumps and Dumps" plus it provides a double incentive of value:  The rise in coin value (XVG $1.00) + the Staking Dividend.  For Hardware Miners it becomes a triple incentive if they choose to hold what they mine.  

This is definitely a race, so reminiscent of 1999 with another emerging technology at that time.  I know by these suggestions we're asking a lot from the Devs but I strongly feel we have a strong community willing and able to support our Team in whatever is necessary.  

So, Coin Reduction + PoS = Rise in Coin Value

Btw, Coin Reduction becomes very meaningful when RSK is implemented.

Yes to all of this.
This is not happening and it's a dumb choice on many levels. Dev has already discussed this. Read the post history before telling Dev what he should do. It's really assuming, naive, big headed, and annoying.

correct. i am not going to hard fork to take away users coins. that's absurd.

Agreed with no fork. As much as I enjoy having PoS, it seems counterproductive to have PoS and still advocate for smaller supply (supply for Verge seems suited for where crypto is heading. ie higher overall market cap, and future fee cost) to fork and set back balances (equally) in order to implement PoS (or to use PoS and increase supply) would be disastrous.

Realistic predictions are needed here. I think closing in on .01$ (or 500 sats) would be a realistic estimate after RSK contracts (so next 2 months hopefully), given we can market it properly (Dev can you verify your bitcoin address you want to take donations to? I dont want to send my XVG haha) this would be roughly $135mm cap and top 40, though it may be top 50 in this grouping depending how the crypto markets grow over this time.

we should look at trying to get AB to list it (currently they list BTC, XMR, ETH, Zcash) though not sure how tf we go about doing that  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2017, 01:06:44 AM

any chance the supply will get a cut in the future, i think what is holding back this wonderful coin, is the immense supply, if it can be reduced to million instead of billion would be better imho, i know it require a hard fork but its worth the risk

Your suggestion needs to be analyzed.  At this point the space has gone into "Hyperspeed" and we need dramatic and intentional moves.  "Coin Reduction" would be a BIG MOVE; raising scarcity would increase value.

I would add that adding PoS immediately would be of great benefit as well.  It's hard to park your cash in a coin that doesn't pay dividends for holding while almost all other coins that share our objectives are providing STAKING incentives.  For the holder Staking represents some assurity during the inevitable "Pumps and Dumps" plus it provides a double incentive of value:  The rise in coin value (XVG $1.00) + the Staking Dividend.  For Hardware Miners it becomes a triple incentive if they choose to hold what they mine.  

This is definitely a race, so reminiscent of 1999 with another emerging technology at that time.  I know by these suggestions we're asking a lot from the Devs but I strongly feel we have a strong community willing and able to support our Team in whatever is necessary.  

Yes to all of this.
This is not happening and it's a dumb choice on many levels. Dev has already discussed this. Read the post history before telling Dev what he should do. It's really assuming, naive, big headed, and annoying.

Agreed with no fork. As much as I enjoy having PoS, it seems counterproductive to have PoS and still advocate for smaller supply (supply for Verge seems suited for where crypto is heading. ie higher overall market cap, and future fee cost) to fork and set back balances (equally) in order to implement PoS (or to use PoS and increase supply) would be disastrous.

Realistic predictions are needed here. I think closing in on .01$ (or 500 sats) would be a realistic estimate after RSK contracts (so next 2 months hopefully), given we can market it properly (Dev can you verify your bitcoin address you want to take donations to? I dont want to send my XVG haha) this would be roughly $135mm cap and top 40, though it may be top 50 in this grouping depending how the crypto markets grow over this time.

we should look at trying to get AB to list it (currently they list BTC, XMR, ETH, Zcash) though not sure how tf we go about doing that  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

yeah, agreed. multi algo pow is really solid, and we can already handle 10x the amount of transactions that bitcoin currently can.

also here's my btc address:
13zbJ514svRjjKg8JukFQCCpPe7W9LU632

regnar75

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 01:21:28 AM

good to know, I'll send a little something something tonight Smiley

Dev are you looking at more places to accept Verge (like newegg, store.bitcoin.com etc) or is it more of an "advertise and develop" strategy in order to get adoption?

btw Zcash pump took place 3 days before (May 22nd) AlphaBay announced it on their site (May 25th) haha ohhh dark markets Tongue
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2017, 01:28:32 AM

Dev are you looking at more places to accept Verge (like newegg, store.bitcoin.com etc) or is it more of an "advertise and develop" strategy in order to get adoption?

btw Zcash pump took place 3 days before (May 22nd) AlphaBay announced it on their site (May 25th) haha ohhh dark markets Tongue

once we complete a few more things, we'll start actively engaging with mainstream retailers/etc

regnar75

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 01:48:09 AM

once we complete a few more things, we'll start actively engaging with mainstream retailers/etc

good to hear. I'm still having trouble getting the Windows wallet to open consistently, I have it synced (as of yesterday) but when I try and open I get stuck on "loading block index" as soon as it opens. and if I click the app itll crash. takes a few attempts to get it to open. there anything I can do to adjust/get it working (windows 10) or just wait for an update?

btw sent a donation, have a beer on me Wink
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2017, 03:49:13 AM

I don't know how or exactly what it is, but Burst I think was the first to release smart contracts, even before Ethereum. It might be worth reviewing how they do/did it in addition to waiting on RSK.

nah. theres a million smart contract set ups, but rsk is the best. they're the industry standard now imo.

Hunterwolfie

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 04:33:09 AM

I don't know how or exactly what it is, but Burst I think was the first to release smart contracts, even before Ethereum. It might be worth reviewing how they do/did it in addition to waiting on RSK.

nah. theres a million smart contract set ups, but rsk is the best. they're the industry standard now imo.

why did you change your avatar to this ugly new one?

The old one is much better.

Don't change it.

Please.
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2017, 04:35:04 AM

why did you change your avatar to this ugly new one?

The old one is much better.

Don't change it.

Please.

that is our new logo. i do need to replace it with a transparent background though. the merch shop will have shirts in the original logo and new one though, and alot of our resources will have the option of changing the look.

eagle10

Activity: 840
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2017, 07:14:14 AM

Nice logo though, cool to the eyes. If printed on shirts seems eye catching a bit and wondering what logo is that all about..
Jeantheboy

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

I love argumentation.

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2017, 10:53:25 AM
Last edit: June 21, 2017, 08:14:38 PM by Jeantheboy

Hello everybody,

I downloaded and installed the XVG wallet on my mac.
I need to find the XVG folder and detect the wallet.dat file. Where can I find it?
I unhid all the files on the computer, but still can't find the XVG-related folder with the DAT file.

Help me out on this one.

Use Binance for day trading, and for buying-and-holding blockchain assets. Exchange fee is only 0.1%.
https://www.binance.com/?ref=10262180
geepee

Activity: 11

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 12:21:28 PM
Last edit: June 21, 2017, 12:57:19 PM by geepee

Hello everybody,

I downloaded and installed the XVG wallet on my mac.
Since I would like to back up the wallet, I need to find the XVG folder and detect the wallet.dat file.
Where can I find it. I unhid all the files on the computer, but still can't find the XVG-related folder with the DAT file.

Help me out on this one.

You can back up the wallet from the top menu then save it to a location of your choice. No need to find files in the finder.

FILE > BACKUP

Kryptomaniac

Activity: 110

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 05:06:58 PM

Yes to all of this.

First and foremost the amount of $XVGs in my portfolio allocates the greatest portion of the pie.  Also I'm not "dumb" nor do I make it a practice to make "absurd" suggestions; I'm not naive nor am I presumptuous and I definitely don't have a big head - And just to throw it out there I was an Assembler Programmer before many, I would imagine, of the "Senior Members" were even born and yet I don't consider any of that a basis to make me a so called "expert" but like most on this forum I like what Verge has to offer in relation to its price.

Take away Coins?  Say what?.... I agree that would be, if you allow me, "VERY, VERY STUPID" but that's not what I'm suggesting at all.  What I'm suggesting would revolutionize $XVG and correct me if I'm wrong but maybe it would be a first in the world of Crypto.  A halving of circulating supply with immediate doubling in price is what I'm suggesting; in the traditional Stock Market is called a Reverse Stock Split, we can call it "Reverse Coin Split".  Here's how it will work:

Designate a block that when reached will half Circulating Supply while AT THE SAME TIME signal all participating exchanges, wallets to DOUBLE THE PRICE when that block is hit on the chain.  To a certain extent Kraken did something similar with my account with ETH/ETC I've had double coins ever since that fork.

This suggestion is open for discussions but the main objective is to overcome the "Psychological Barrier" related to circulating supply.  If you'd like to see the barrier for yourself study the "Price to Supply Ratio" of the top 100 Coins and you'll see it.  Things are moving too fast now and powerful new players are entering the space.  It's just a matter of time till a new "Coin" a new "DAO" if you would, with the objective of being a transactional or micropayment Currency hits the space.

We have a slice of time in which we could become Relevant and if we miss the now in becoming "Great" it would be very difficult to do it in the face of a new coin created on the basis of the "Wisdom of the Crowd" and all the collective wisdom from all the errors made from existing Coins.  

Cheers!  Go, go $XVG
Kryptomaniac

Activity: 110

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 05:17:02 PM

Yes to all of this.

Me too. Whilst the dev is doing an incridible job, we need to start thinking how we can attract more investors along with customers. Whilst this tech is great, that along can't be the reason why people should invest/use verge, when there are other coins that give out rewards and have a strong/increase presence of marketing.

I advise that we double down on marketing over the weeks/months, so that we can really form a team that can support the dev in taking this tech to the masses. Not just in social media with banners etc, but attending talks to show that the team not only are dedicated to this project, BUT also know what they are talking about... You will basically have to treat this as a buisness, because that is the only way this will succeed, as the Dash coin has.

sure, we will go anywhere, and we look forward to your donation to development to make that happen =]
What's BTC Address? Are you accepting ETH?
Slemicek

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 06:46:56 PM

Reopened.

Mb this is problem ?

<html><head>
</head><body>
<h1>Not Found</h1>
<hr>
</body></html>

yeah, even though it says unverified, it's still spendable. i was actually fixing it just now. thanks for reporting it!

Electrum still doesn´t work properly (at least for me)
Transactions are still unverified, what should be size  of file blockchain-headers? Mine is 99819Kb , is that enough ?
Thx
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2017, 07:07:19 PM

Reopened.

Mb this is problem ?

<html><head>
</head><body>
<h1>Not Found</h1>
<hr>
</body></html>

Transactions are still unverified, what should be size  of file blockchain-headers? Mine is 99819Kb , is that enough ?
Thx

yeah, it should work for any future transactions. i'm still looking into it. in the mean time, they are spendable though.

Slemicek

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 07:11:26 PM

Reopened.

Mb this is problem ?

<html><head>
</head><body>
<h1>Not Found</h1>
<hr>
</body></html>

Thx

yeah, it should work for any future transactions. i'm still looking into it. in the mean time, they are spendable though.

Thx man!
micrypto

Activity: 55

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 10:50:01 PM

Verge is a great project, and I think it has a bright future, but need more help from contributes (developers/designers/marketers..etc) to can compete with other cryptos and be a live and future success, but contributes will not do good things without rewards!

I have an idea:          

1. Create donations page on main website (vergecurrency.com/donations) with (BTC/XVG) address,and explain why donations, to let verge supporters donate to contributes, supporter don't have time or experience to contribute but still want to help by donations!

3. Create another page on main website (vergecurrency.com/contribute) with list of what the project (verge) need (Marketing/Mobile-web developer/Designing ..etc ). with contact form or button to slack channel or anything else!

2. Admin use the funds/balances to tipping contributes!

Note: you can create donations page only, and tipping people who contributed on slack/telegram, or manual tipping
Note2: there are people need to contribute without rewards, but they don't know what the project need. so you can create a channel to contributes only with tipping system!

--
This is my idea, hope it is a good idea
Pages: « 1 ... 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 [281] 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 ... 667 »
  Print  

Jump to: