Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 01:39:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 [255] 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 ... 1412 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux)  (Read 6589806 times)
z0n0
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1006

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 03:03:25 PM

Can I set my GPU load to 80%? If I mine with 100% my GPU throttles a lot Sad
It's a r9290 gigabyte.

Any other idea how can I reduce throttling?
peoples

Activity: 82
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 03:08:39 PM

I fucking love this AMDGPU driver - with it, I can control everything shown here and more (NSFW): http://ottrbutt.com/tmp/custom-editor.jpg

Voltages, clocks, changing DPM state settings, the state table that tells it what DPM to go to at what state...

Hey, how and where to you change voltages under linux with amdgpu driver ?
somewhere in /sys/class/drm/cardX  ?

thevictimofuktyranny
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 03:18:42 PM
Last edit: August 22, 2016, 03:29:18 PM by thevictimofuktyranny

I going too be releasing the benchmarking setting for Dualmining ETH and SC with Claymore's Dualminer for AMD GPU's, for 200 series and 300 series GPUs.

Just posting test settings and hardware setups:

1) Phenom 555 dual core processer, 1 core disabled and overclocked to 3.5Ghz.
2) Asus Crosshair Formula IV motherboard
3) Antec PSU 850watts
4) 8GB DDR3 running at 1066mhz (faulty memory controller on Phenom and can only run memory at the lower speed).

Firstly, running the CPU at 3.5Ghz does result in more shares accepted per hour, when dualmining, but above 3.5Ghz their is no extra shares found per hour. By disabling 1 core in motherboard bios, you can bring the electricity usage back down to an acceptable level.

Window 7 OS

Special settings:

1) Aero graphics disabled and put into High Contrast Black.
2) "Desktop Manager" disabled via "Services".
3) Crimson Edition 16.8.2 Hotfix - latest drivers

GPUs

1) earliest iteration of R9 290 (ASUS) - overclocked to 1100mhz and memory 1300mhz. Powerlimit 20% Sweet Spot for Mining ETH and SC.

*Powerlimit above or below 20% produce less shares accepted per hour.
*Can be overclocked to 1150mhz with 50mvolts, but produces less shares per hour, then when no extra voltage is added for solo mining.
*Dual mining can be overclocked 1130mhz with 50mvolts, but produces less shares per hour, then when no extra voltage is added for dual mining.

2) XFX Radeon R7 370 2GB Double Dissipation - overclocked too 1180mhz and memory overclocked too 1500mhz, Powerlimit 20% Sweet Spot for Mining ETH and SC.

No options on MSI Afterburner to change Powerlimit above 20% or add extra mvolts.

Notes: These 2 GPUs produce 8.5% less shares accepted per an hour on Intel Chipsets and CPUs. Opencl appears to be primarily coded for AMD chipsets and CPUs.

The Benchmarks for AMD GPUs has taken 2 weeks of testing - so I'm not going to do a similarly benchmark to find the sweet point for dual mining ETH and DECRED.

Those benchmarks will be posted in a couple of hours, just rerunning another session of mining.  
billsmith

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 04:21:13 PM

I fucking love this AMDGPU driver - with it, I can control everything shown here and more (NSFW): http://ottrbutt.com/tmp/custom-editor.jpg

Voltages, clocks, changing DPM state settings, the state table that tells it what DPM to go to at what state...
It turns out I have to change "POWERLIMIT"?
Ubuntu itself is limited, and therefore jumps heshrate. She does not respond to the settings which are stitched in the BIOS. With windows no such problems.
xeridea

Activity: 449
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2016, 04:39:36 PM

Can I set my GPU load to 80%? If I mine with 100% my GPU throttles a lot Sad
It's a r9290 gigabyte.

Any other idea how can I reduce throttling?

Throttling is from power usage or thermals.  You can increase power limit, and check temps.  I would recommend undervolting (if card allows).  I can easily save ~20%+ power usage on 470, really stable.  Also can boost performance since card will throttle less (doesn't matter much for Eth, but for sia/dcr/other, and gaming it does). Undervolting is a lot easier on 4xx cards though.

As far as the miner is concerned, there is -li to lower intensity (higher number, lower intensity), -ethi (default 8 ), can be set per card for etherium.  Also -dcri (default 30) for sia/dcr.  It is documented well on page 1 of thread....

Profitability over time charts for many GPUs - http://xeridea.us/charts

BTC:  bc1qr2xwjwfmjn43zhrlp6pn7vwdjrjnv5z0anhjhn LTC:  LXDm6sR4dkyqtEWfUbPumMnVEiUFQvxSbZ Eth:  0x44cCe2cf90C8FEE4C9e4338Ae7049913D4F6fC24
Longsnowsm

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 04:58:29 PM

Can anyone point me to a link, article, or some simple instructions on how to give Claymore a shot at SOLO mining?  Thanks!
roitpls

Activity: 20

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 05:06:25 PM

I'm checking this issue in Linux, so I will have some news in a few hours.

Also, even though I have the ADL v10 linked in my /usr/lib, the miner complains about no ADL installed. This is with Ubuntu 16.04. Any details regarding this would greatly be appreciated. Thanks!
Claymore (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325

Miners developer

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 05:14:27 PM

Also, even though I have the ADL v10 linked in my /usr/lib, the miner complains about no ADL installed. This is with Ubuntu 16.04. Any details regarding this would greatly be appreciated. Thanks!

ADL SDK v10 contains sample code for overlocking, but it created for Windows because code loads "atiadlxx.dll" library. ADL SDK v9 also contains code for Linux that loads "libatiadlxx.so" library. So either AMD devs forgot to include code for Linux in ADL SDK v10, or Linux is not supported by ADL SDK v10.
Right now miner tries to load "libatiadlxx.so", if it writes that ADL is not supported it means that you don't have "libatiadlxx.so" file.

PS. Now I can duplicate issue with Linux (gpu fault detected), but it will take some more time to find the reason and fix it.

Please read Readme and FAQ in the first post of this thread before asking any questions, probably the answer is already there.
List of my miners: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3019607
peoples

Activity: 82
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 05:42:26 PM

latest amdgpu driver seems to ship without "libatiadlxx.so" . So maybe you have installed older crimson one ?
thevictimofuktyranny
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 05:47:51 PM
Last edit: August 22, 2016, 06:39:54 PM by thevictimofuktyranny

IT TIME TO FINALLY, RELEASE THE BENCHMARK SWEET SPOT FOR DUAL MINING ETH AND SC. 200 series and 300 series AMD GPUs

And, yes - you may fall off you chair or spill you cup of tea Grin

Mining Software: Claymore's Dual Miner 6.2 release for Windows and Linux.  3% better hash-rate then public releases.

Fees paid to Claymore:

1% for solo pool mining ETH.

2% for dual mining ETH and SC or ETH and DECRED.

This benchmarks has taken 2 weeks of testing, test rig settings and special settings outlined in earlier post.  

Set all GPUs to -etha 1 (for slow cards for dual mining).

Dual Mining ETH and SC sweet spot setting is: -dcri 22

Solo mining ETH is less efficient then dual mining ETH and SC, efficiency of shares found per hour is better by 2.5%.

Yes, you read that correctly everybody - dual mining ETH and SC gets you more ETH at the pool, than solo mining ETH by itself.

Why would this be the case: these GPUs were built for gaming loads - give the GPUs the correct load and you get more efficiency and more ETH at pool.

Above a setting of -dcri 22 for dual mining - you lose a lot of ETH at the pool.

Setting -dcri 40, reduction in ETH hashrate is 8%.

However, there is 14.6% drop in shares found per hour at the pool.

Net disadvantage of this higher SC setting is: -6.6% compared to the reduction in ETH hashrate.  

So, loading AMD GPU's with just right amount of workload get's you the most found shares per an hour for ETH at the pool.

Please post the sweet spot for dual mining ETH and DECRED!
bensam1231
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 05:48:34 PM

Claymore have you looked at Epyslons improvements to SIA mining? It's on his github.

Also have you considered talking to SP_ about his DCR miner? He has a highly optimized DCR miner available for sale.

Not sure how interested you are in this sort of thing, but I assume if you're making money off a fee you want things to be as fast as possible.

I buy private Nvidia miners. Send information and/or inquiries to my PM box.
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2016, 06:11:24 PM

Claymore have you looked at Epyslons improvements to SIA mining? It's on his github.

Also have you considered talking to SP_ about his DCR miner? He has a highly optimized DCR miner available for sale.

Not sure how interested you are in this sort of thing, but I assume if you're making money off a fee you want things to be as fast as possible.

hmm, wouldn't it be reprehensible including "free, gpl'ed" code into a paid, closed source miner ?

just sayin...

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
scryptr
Legendary

Activity: 1796
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2016, 06:12:53 PM

IT TIME TO FINALLY, RELEASE THE BENCHMARK SWEET SPOT FOR DUAL MINING ETH AND SC. 200 series and 300 series AMD GPUs

Mining Software: Claymore's Dual Miner 6.2 release for Windows and Linux.  3% better hash-rate then public releases.

Fees paid to Claymore:

This benchmarks has taken 2 weeks of testing, test rig settings and special settings outlined in earlier post.  

Dual Mining ETH and SC sweet spot setting is: 22

Solo mining ETH is less efficient then dual mining ETH and SC, efficiency of shares found per hour is better by 2.5%.

Yes, you read that correctly everybody - dual mining ETH and SC gets you more ETH at the pool, than solo mining ETH by itself.

Why would this be the case: these GPUs were built for gaming loads - give the GPUs the correct load and you get more efficiency and more ETH at pool.

Above a setting of 22 for dual mining - you lose a lot of ETH at the pool.

Setting 40, reduction in ETH hashrate is 8%.

Net disadvantage of this higher SC setting is: -6.6% compared to the reduction in ETH hashrate.  

So, loading AMD GPU's with just right amount of workload get's you the most found shares per an hour for ETH at the pool.

SWEET SPOT IS WHAT?  --

I am sure that you benchmarked tirelessly, but there is no distinct mention in your post of what exactly the "sweet spot" is.  Do we set "-ss 22", or "--sweetspot 22", or "--sspot 22"?         --scryptr

TIPS:  BTC - 1Fs4uZ6a9ABYBTaHGUfqcwCQmeBRxkKRQT    DASH - XrK81tW31SLsVvZ2WX9VhTjpT6GXJPLdbQ
          SCRYPTR'S NOTEBOOK: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5035515.msg46035530#msg46035530
          GITHUB: "github.com/scryptr"  MERIT is appreciated, also.  Thanks!
thevictimofuktyranny
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 06:35:23 PM

Fees paid to Claymore:

Dual Mining ETH and SC sweet spot setting is: 22

Above a setting of 22 for dual mining - you lose a lot of ETH at the pool.

Setting 40, reduction in ETH hashrate is 8%.

SWEET SPOT IS WHAT?  --

I am sure that you benchmarked tirelessly, but there is no distinct mention in your post of what exactly the "sweet spot" is.  Do we set "-ss 22", or "--sweetspot 22", or "--sspot 22"?         --scryptr

Decred or SIA mining intensity is set by the following command in bat

-dcri

so it would be:

-dcri 22

SIA mining is selected with this command in the bat.

-dcoin sc

DECRED mining is selected with this command in the bat

-dcoin dcr

Sorry, but there is readme file in the download, which tells you all of these settings. Amended the post Smiley
fittsy

Activity: 441
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2016, 06:49:22 PM

You talk about sweet spot for mining ETH and SIA but don't talk about:

Power cost increase in pulling extra power from the wall due to dual mining.
Power cost increase due to higher air conditioning expense due to extra heat from higher temperatures.
Low value of SIA/increasing difficulty.
Added downtime of 14.4 minutes of lost mining time per day due to running a 2% fee instead of 1% fee.

Please calculate these values.

MinerParts - 8 GPU Riserless motherboard with Intel 3855 CPU - 1600w fully modular power supply
Best quality PCIe Powered Risers Shop on Amazon - Shop on eBay - or ship direct at MinerParts.com <- best for international or crypto purchases
Claymore (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325

Miners developer

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 06:53:49 PM

latest amdgpu driver seems to ship without "libatiadlxx.so" . So maybe you have installed older crimson one ?

I don't state that it works for me. I just tell you that it seems that currently there is no way to use ADL 10 on Linux because it has no "libatiadlxx.so" file. As always Linux support comes later than Windows.

I'm not interested in such sort of thing.

Please read Readme and FAQ in the first post of this thread before asking any questions, probably the answer is already there.
List of my miners: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3019607
thevictimofuktyranny
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 07:43:05 PM
Last edit: August 22, 2016, 08:06:13 PM by thevictimofuktyranny

Power cost increase due to higher air conditioning expense due to extra heat from higher temperatures.
Added downtime of 14.4 minutes of lost mining time per day due to running a 2% fee instead of 1% fee.

Dual mining with R 290 at setting of -dcri 22, only uses 45watts more than solo mining ETH with Claymore Miner.

45watts costs this much a day in UK: £0.11
SC earnings are: £0.45

Looks good to me Smiley

Difficulty can quadruple and you would still break even on SC.

The 2.5% improvement in ETH shares is extra benefit and already includes the 2% fee - no need to calculate separately.

DO NOT NEED AIR CONDITIONING IN LONDON or NORTHERN EUROPE.

Most small miners, do not care the marginal increases in electricity costs, they only want to get the most coins from their GPUs!
zero1

Activity: 13

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 08:00:02 PM

hi all
i try to build a new rig and looking for some suggestions.i m using ubuntu 14.02 ltc ,ashrock btc pro and usb risers so mostly im interesting for gpus info (hash,power consume etc).There was a link somewhere in this article that shows some counts of users.......
 thnx in advance
scryptr
Legendary

Activity: 1796
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2016, 08:11:55 PM

Dual mining with R 290 at setting of -dcri 22, only uses 45watts more than solo mining ETH with Claymore Miner.

This is offset, by SC earnings. Does not matter, as long as you break even on extra electricity.

The 2.5% improvement in ETH shares is extra benefit and already includes the 2% fee - no need to calculate separately.

DO NOT NEED AIR CONDITIONING IN LONDON or NORTHERN EUROPE.

Most small miners, do not care the marginal increases in electricity costs, they only want to get the most coins from their GPUs!

THAT IS INFORMATIVE--

Thank you for rounding out your report.  Personally, I mine Ethereum (ETH) + Decred (DCR), because it runs stable and cool on my rigs compared to ETH + SiaCoin (SC).  I have my "-dcri" value set on "20", and I suppose it may be close to the sweet spot.

Also, I do read the readme, and all the time, but readers spotting your report may not read it, or may be new, or both.  Or, have English as a second language

By the way, it is HOT here in August, and the weather is just starting to become tame again (USA).  My cards are beginning to be manageable again.         --scryptr

TIPS:  BTC - 1Fs4uZ6a9ABYBTaHGUfqcwCQmeBRxkKRQT    DASH - XrK81tW31SLsVvZ2WX9VhTjpT6GXJPLdbQ
          SCRYPTR'S NOTEBOOK: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5035515.msg46035530#msg46035530
          GITHUB: "github.com/scryptr"  MERIT is appreciated, also.  Thanks!
xeridea

Activity: 449
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2016, 08:27:57 PM

Personally, I just go to https://www.whattomine.com/merged_coins/2-eth-sc fill in hashrates, and power/cost, it will tell you profitability.  Then just run miner, and test speeds by pressing + and - keys, to change -dcri setting on the fly to see changed hashrates, then update form values to see if it is better/worse. On 470, I use dcri of 37, though profitability is similar to about 55.

For power, you can get a killawatt meter, or estimate from card specs, reviews, or other posts.  Power usage changes with different dcri will be negligible if you are trying to go for best hashrates, and -dcri is not intentionally low, or cooling is bad and you get thermal throttling. For 4xx cards, Wattman makes it really easy to undervolt, my cards all go easily 0.1v under stock, 100% stable, ~20% power savings. Other cards try afterburner or precision, many cards are voltage locked.  Sapphire Nitro is good for this, I run @ 0.95v, it stays there, and clocks never throttle, default for card is 1.087.  Long term it is worth getting 80+ Gold PSU, for power cost if building new rigs.  Also setting up a power plan to reduce CPU to lowest clocks will help. if it isn't your main computer.

Profitability over time charts for many GPUs - http://xeridea.us/charts

BTC:  bc1qr2xwjwfmjn43zhrlp6pn7vwdjrjnv5z0anhjhn LTC:  LXDm6sR4dkyqtEWfUbPumMnVEiUFQvxSbZ Eth:  0x44cCe2cf90C8FEE4C9e4338Ae7049913D4F6fC24
Pages: « 1 ... 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 [255] 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 ... 1412 »
  Print  

Jump to: