Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:47:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 ... 500 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ION [ION] | POS 3.0 | Mobile Gaming | Join the ionomy today!  (Read 473059 times)
ladrx

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2016, 05:41:05 PM

Hey guys. Im trying to find but i guess im missing it.

How do i get/buy atoms and electrons. this coin seems super fun and i want to invest a bit. I burned on xpy although i was 60% scam all the way but my greed took over and i ended up losing 10k USD...so ill be more carefull this time but i deffinitly want in.
If anyone can send a link or explain how to earn ATOM Electron id really be gratefull.

Assuming you're not trolling: why don't you cut your losses and don't touch this follow-up to the paycoin scam. Why on earth would you "definitely want in" to this mess if you already lost $10k XPY? Don't throw good money after bad trying to get unstuck.

Adam Matlack 1/5/2014: "Not but 30 seconds later, the Holy Spirit slapped me upside the head and said "what are you thinkin'? What are you doin'?" It was an emphatic "NO". And I got - just guilt started to cover me"

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Franz_Huber
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1004

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 15, 2016, 06:01:31 PM

Hey guys. Im trying to find but i guess im missing it.

How do i get/buy atoms and electrons. this coin seems super fun and i want to invest a bit. I burned on xpy although i was 60% scam all the way but my greed took over and i ended up losing 10k USD...so ill be more carefull this time but i deffinitly want in.
If anyone can send a link or explain how to earn ATOM Electron id really be gratefull.
Better get some bitcoins instead.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
pixelpowered

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2016, 06:22:10 PM

It's not just in my head. Mind you, isn't everything in our heads?

Some people are able to say (seemingly) "negative" things which are actually useful to know, constructive.

Some people have nothing to say except "scam", "garza" or "xpy".

There's different value in those statements and some have no value at all.

And you will ignore them all again, and miss the fact that you are investing in a coin lead by a guy who "innocently" robbed by garza, yet still managed to work with the guy who "ran" the data center that didn't have miners or pay the electric bill, and then be shocked when we have the same result.

I'd like to correct you on a couple of points...

1) I didn't hear them the first time around in order to ignore them - I simply wasn't listening at all (my bad).
2) I am listening now, but I am being selective.

All of what you have said, I hear. As soon as I see the word garza/scam I kinda switch off.

Did you notice how some can get their point/questions across without using these stop words? THESE are those worth listening to, their questions, their points. Some of them are very good and have caused me to research those areas myself.

Tunining out will again be your mistake. Attack works/worked with mordiCal after gaw. Mordecai "ran" gaw's data center.

Only an investor of your intelligence would not see this as an issue.

The same words keep coming up because it's the same shit over and over again. Obvious comparisons to gaw will be pointed out to show what happened in a very similar situation when trying to predict what will happen now.

You are one of those that are not worth listening to. Sorry Smiley

I'm not really talking to you, just quoting you so others can see how stupid you are and hopefully see the light.

GAW is central to this coin because the history to people running this coin have with GAW shows how stupid of an idea it is. I'll keep pointing it out so hopefully others don't get sucked in like they did when you said paycoin would get SEC approval.

How rude of you all Cheesy to forget Carmelo Milan, Lawrence David Hughes, Jr. John Tuberosi running BTClend. Carmelo led plenty of xpy bagholders that didn't go for XPY.io into his LNC folding project. We emailed the authorities when we saw them start putting AML approved stickers/pics on their code/white paper  Grin

Paycoin Did not get badpress till after the launch and his overall Demise. That is what did it all. This is prelaunch bad press. Before it shows it can or can not do anything. So Almost got me their but not quite yet.
Nice try. But you see, paycoins were converted to ION, the team that created ION is the team that ran XPY.io, and Adam Matlack was a partner of GAW CTO Joe Mordica. These are the reasons for ION being seen as a sequel to the Paycoin scam, and the fact that premining and electrified stakers resemble the way the Paycoin scam worked doesn't exactly help.
So: No, Sir, this is not "prelaunch bad press". It's bad press about an ongoing scam you can call GAW-Hashlets-Paycoin-Hashstakers-Coinstand-Honorprogram-CPIG-XPY.io-ionomy.

We told Garza not to do a premine, he promised to think about it. He did the premine anyways.
He controlled "bad press" or dissent through his forum and through legal threats to plenty to ensure the launch.
XPY had bad press prelaunch it just wasn't replicated or reflected upon enough as he built the coin rather quickly.

I look forward to the purple rocket code!
This time will be different!

boki15

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 15, 2016, 07:06:59 PM

What is your definition of stupid? I do not think MrCoins is stupid at all and now you call me stupid. Do you want to say that "stupid" means clever? I am sorry, my english is not that good if I am confused.

Did you invest in gaw? Have you been stupid too?

I did not say you are stupid. I said that if you think I said your stupid for investing in a stupid person, that's your problem.

I did not invest in GAW. I know that it makes no sense to run a legitimate cloud mining operation that is profitable for the customers, so I knew that GAW was either a scam or a bad investment from the start, and tried to warn people of that. I also knew that Gaw's claim to buy all the coins (or have target or amazon buy) for $20 made no sense. I have been stupid in the past, but I have learned from those mistakes.

Mr Coins is still stupid in the present because he refuses to see how he and Matlack were stupid for falling for Garza's lies, and see how that impacts the ability for this coin/operation to succeed.

Thanks for explanation, I just missunderstood you, I am sorry for this.

Let me define my point:
1. All altcoins are scam
2. All ICO's and most coins mean => FIFO
3. I do not see many of you that threat blockchain as technology, you threat it more as an currency, business, ...
4. If it is business and considering facts 1-3, you will probably invest if you feel an need for this.
5. In most cases you get out with at least 2x profit.
6. Based on previous 5 points, it is about money, nothing else.
7. Was it stupid to invest into GAW and get out with profit, who knows ICO's, he got early out, before $ 10?
8. If you know previous 7 points, is it dumb or clever if you get in at $ 1 and out on $ 10 if it is about money and you have no moral troubles?

My friend, we do not discuss here if somebody is stupid or not, it is question of moral, which is very low currently in crypto, the way how you communicate with many only proves it. If taking it this way, ganza is an genie cause he took so much money of so many people who though they are clever. However, he is an dumb ass and clever people who lost money hopefully learned their lesson as he will his.

Those are some ok points. I am not going to try to get in a 1 and out at 10 because of some combination of morals and not wanting to play in a rigged game (the game is rigged in most altcoins because someone who is not me has a boatload of coins to dump whenever they are ready.

If your plan is to get in at 1 and out at 10, knowing all the risks, that isn't stupid, although if you get stuck holding the bag you are stupid. If in the process of trying to do all that, you suck other people into the scam via lies and manipulation, you are an asshole, and I will call that out just as much as the stupidity. I stopped mentioning that here because I didn't have "proof" that Matlack was in on the scam, so I just went with stupid.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. the people involved in GAW as deeply as Matlack are either stupid (they got robbed by an obvious scam) or assholes in on the scam (trying to get in at 1 and out at 10 based on lies and BS). I'm not sure who exactly falls into which group, and I don't care, because I try not to get involved with people that are idiots or assholes. The idiots will cost me money via their stupidity, and the assholes will just rob me. Other people can get into the specifics as to why this is a bad investment because of the staking and the nodes and the games and TOS and whatnot, but I can't get past that point.

First of all I am glad to deal with someone that has an moral.

Now I need to ask you if you understand what I've written because your answers tells me you did not.

I am not joking, my english is not my primary lenguage, please correct me if I may have missuderstood something. You say that Adam is stupid because he got robbed by an obvious scam. Does that mean that everybody is stupid who did not get out with profif? If not then I do not understand you. In case GAW Adam seems to be victim. Do you implicate that every rubbed victim is stupid? Does it also mean that they get what they earned?

To point about assholes, getting one of 10, my friend, your statements do not fit to each other. Adam got rubbed by Garza, thats fact. That means by you that he is stupid and not an asshole, is it correct? If so, why do you write either or? Maybe he is stupid because he got rubbed and an asshole because he tries to rub others. Isn't exactly this what you tried to say?

Later on you say that you do not want to involve with people that are idiots or assholes where I though you do not want to deal with stupid people. Who is then an idiot, Adam? In different states are different definitions, but an idiot was used as the term "idiot" to refer to people having an IQ below 30. What do you reffer to or do you just use it as synonym?

Quote from: For this, I give you 100%! I am fully the same opinion
The idiots will cost me money via their stupidity, and the assholes will just rob me.

To the point about the plan, sticking as bagholder, .... => point 1. All altcoins are scam => If you invest into scam it has its risk, before going to point 2., 3. ,... you need to be clear about point 1.

@nskendrovic
Franzl gave you one of the best tipps, better buy btc and if you want to invest into any other altcoin, dont throw all your btc for that.
o0o0
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1021

View Profile
May 15, 2016, 09:23:29 PM

The fact that 2,600,000 bounty coins will be put in Masternodes is quite worrying. They will have control of the majority of the network and as o0o0 pointed out will reduce the rewards of other Masternodes and they are playing with customer funds, not their own.

I also agree wth Mr Coins. Masternodes should only be made for the amount of stakers they have to cover as well as any investor that purchases enough to run one. And I will not put garza, scam (unless proven so) or XPY (unless direct correlation) in with my questioning. There will be no excuse for the team to ignore the questions then.

Without some more clear, conscise answers there looks to be bad potential for misuse.

The bounty coins will not be in master nodes - I came across this in Slack. (sorry I don't have a screen shot). ionomy should ONLY run enough master nodes to pay the fixed stake interest on the stakers.

The bounty coins should NOT be in master nodes. This is what I expect, nothing less. If the bounty coins are in nodes then the ICO investors are getting screwed and inflated out of their investment.

But, i'm pretty sure bounty coins will just sit in a wallet, maybe staking? But not in nodes.

So what's the regular stake rate and the masternode stake rate? The math has to add up to 12 million new coins in the first year and there is no POW so someone's gonna stake them. Considering that only ~25% of premine is in customers' hands (sort of, most in the online wallet) it means 9 million on the newly minted coins in the first year will end up in the hands of... whom exactly? The team? Unless customers' nodes will stake at some insane rate (stupid idea by itself) or something else is going on.

Edit: sorry, a bit rusty today. So here is the kicker. It doesn't matter if there are 50 or 130 masternodes, right? They get 50% of block reward regardless.

https://github.com/ionomy/ion/wiki/ION-Technical-Whitepaper#masternodes

Masternodes receive fixed rewards (50% of the block reward) which are probabilistically distributed among peer validated masternodes. Masternodes recursively scan peer node performance, and only high performance nodes with sustained, stable, high-speed internet connections are eligible for rewards. In addition to receiving 50% of the block reward, a masternode receives all fees for public transactions completed in a block and for all private transaction pools initiated in the block.

Smoke'n'mirrors.

50% of the block reward goes to nodes, the other 50% goes to staking wallets.

Ionomy do not get any of this only from their own nodes and staking wallets. This is how I understand it.

The number of nodes does matter to those ICO investors that bought enough coins to run a node. They should only be in competition with customer coin shared nodes (stakers) and other node investors. They should not be in competition with bounty coins, dev coins etc

Ionomy shouldnt get any from their own nodes as they should have 0 nodes. If they have more than 0 nodes it means they are using the premine.
o0o0
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2016, 09:32:22 PM

Thanks for the reply and the answer. Good to see they will post all the Masternode addresses as well as the bounty wallet. I do hope they keep the bounty coins in cold storage to minimize the risk of a hack.

No problem my friend, Any relevant info that I can get, Ill be sure to share. The way I understand, the bounty coins will all be in one staker staking at the base rate. Im assuming the coins it stakes will continue to build the bounty fund up?

So that's a "no" to cold storage? Unless they invented offline staking.

2,600,000 ion from ICO means 130 masternodes off the bat. This means a large percentage so masternode purchasers can expect on startup a minimal return.

I don't believe they will run a transparent system that checks and reduces masternodes etc.

Its a silly system. Honestly users should withdraw all their ion group and make their own masternodes. Then the ionomy team makes no money off them as being as honest as they are they'd reduce to 0 masternodes right?

Honestly its not going to work this project. The team has no risk and all potential is risked on their community constantly pumping money in. Money in has to exceed sales and people by nature want profits as we all want to grow. It hasn't worked the last 4 years in altcoins so it won't work now.

I just wish these guys/gals would see it. There are stable gaming cryptos in existence that a community of all of them could promote.. they are proven and can grow as they've hit their low bottom out stabilised points.

They'll learn in 12 months tops.

As much as i think mr coins is deluded at least he's saying listen to both sides and challenging the ion folk. I still think he doesn't have his eyes open though. Madness is mr coins 12 months ago in my opinion just starting the xpy investment.

O wells.

you think i am more stupid than mr coins by one year ? did i invest in gaw crap ?

So, that's "stupid" and "deluded" i've been called today already?

I like it here! Cheesy

Its a fair call to be called deluded

Quote from: dictionary.com
delude

/dɪˈl(j)uːd/

verb

past tense: deluded; past participle: deluded

make (someone) believe something that is not true.
"too many theorists have deluded the public"

synonyms: mislead, deceive, fool, take in, trick, dupe, hoodwink, double-cross, gull, beguile, lead on; More

For the past tense you believed gaw based on the things they said that were not true. Currently i believe you are being deluded by ionomy. This is based on your comments of you saying "i think they are going to do this". You do not know and i believe the opposite that they are going to do more than they let on. By this reasoning they have you believing things that are not true hence being deluded.

Its not an attack its a reference based on the definition of the word.

o0o0
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2016, 09:35:28 PM

50% of the block reward goes to nodes, the other 50% goes to staking wallets.

Ionomy do not get any of this only from their own nodes and staking wallets. This is how I understand it.

The number of nodes does matter to those ICO investors that bought enough coins to run a node. They should only be in competition with customer coin shared nodes (stakers) and other node investors. They should not be in competition with bounty coins, dev coins etc

Except you don't have any way to verify this, do you?

Let's say there are 50 masternodes. Ionomy says "these 20 are ours" (if they even bother to say that) so the remaining 30 must be customers' nodes? How would you know that's true?

Also they fully control at least ~10.3m of the premine (10.9 minus the 600k that are supposedly unlocked) so the vast majority of the regular staking coins as well, unless they offline them completely.

Anyway, fixed block reward 12 million per year, I'm willing to bet 1000 XPY (oops) that most of it is going to the "team" one way or another.

From what i understand after testing on the masternodes on the testnet. Its better to not have a masternode. As you will stake more frequently based on the coin weight. So if you have more then masternode requirement of 20k you dont need a masternode. You should run basic staking. The MasterNode concept is to support speedy transactions and the users running the nodes might get a hire stake for running it it will not be as frequent as running a standard staking wallet.

The only reason to have a masternode is to help speedup the network and you get a true 50% cut of the block that is generate on that node. Its all about if your node gets the block or not.

But again this is my interpretation of it. I might be 100% wrong. We will know as soon as the network launches and we figure out what is going on.

If this is true, and stakers could be paid for from wallet stake rewards, then, why would ionomy run any masternodes at all?

Then if that is the case their coins will be in their own staker whatever the highest rate is i.e. the premine coins. You watch those coins won't sit idle without staking or profiting in some way. There will be a spin like its so the dev fund can help fund itself. There will be no ledger showing "who" the coins are paid to and when limiting transparency. They'll be paying themselves.
o0o0
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2016, 09:40:18 PM

The only reason to have a masternode is to help speedup the network and you get a true 50% cut of the block that is generate on that node. Its all about if your node gets the block or not.

According to the white paper all masternodes share 50% of all block rewards. The regular wallet gets the "50% cut of the block that is generated on that node".

exactly.. what they are failing to understand is yes a masternode might get less per block than a stake... but a masternode is used in every block transaction for the day i.e. 1440 of them based on the optimal block time. That means a masternode can process many blocks a day. As long as there are less than 1440 masternodes each will get multiple block rewards per day. There should be less than 130 masternodes on launch. It is easy to use commands to track the wallet locations and watch the transfers. It will be some work figuring this out but they can't hide them.

They should just be transparent and list them.

I expect some opps the automated script made more masternodes than it should have we'll burn the coins posts when they get caught out.
CryptoBuds
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1042

HODL

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 12:06:00 AM

I STILL would like to know how an "electron" which is not on the blockchain make a staker stake at double the rate?

And the IOn team should have absolutely ZERO Masternodes except to cover the stakers. If they have more than ZERO they are absolutely abusing there premine. The bounty coins should be put in a cold storage wallet. Those coins should not stake, they are to be given out.

With absolutely no transparency, it is very easy to see the blatant potential abuse of the system by the "team". It just smells of days of past. Transparency would clear than up or confront it in just a few minutes. The lack of transparency makes me believe the team really care to want outside investors. Unless you come with a lot of money, then they will jump to answer your every question. Madness posted about buying 5 Masternodes then immediately people came to explain how that would all work. But I STILL can't get an answer to how an off blockchain "thing" can make an on blockchain coin stake at double the rate. I'll buy 5 Masternodes if someone can answer this question truthfully. Personally, I believe it is IMPOSSIBLE. I believe they will control several Masternodes and give he extra coins from there. That means the "team" will be controlling more than ZERO Masternodes...which is shady as shit!

Phildo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 12:10:53 AM

What is your definition of stupid? I do not think MrCoins is stupid at all and now you call me stupid. Do you want to say that "stupid" means clever? I am sorry, my english is not that good if I am confused.

Did you invest in gaw? Have you been stupid too?

I did not say you are stupid. I said that if you think I said your stupid for investing in a stupid person, that's your problem.

I did not invest in GAW. I know that it makes no sense to run a legitimate cloud mining operation that is profitable for the customers, so I knew that GAW was either a scam or a bad investment from the start, and tried to warn people of that. I also knew that Gaw's claim to buy all the coins (or have target or amazon buy) for $20 made no sense. I have been stupid in the past, but I have learned from those mistakes.

Mr Coins is still stupid in the present because he refuses to see how he and Matlack were stupid for falling for Garza's lies, and see how that impacts the ability for this coin/operation to succeed.

Thanks for explanation, I just missunderstood you, I am sorry for this.

Let me define my point:
1. All altcoins are scam
2. All ICO's and most coins mean => FIFO
3. I do not see many of you that threat blockchain as technology, you threat it more as an currency, business, ...
4. If it is business and considering facts 1-3, you will probably invest if you feel an need for this.
5. In most cases you get out with at least 2x profit.
6. Based on previous 5 points, it is about money, nothing else.
7. Was it stupid to invest into GAW and get out with profit, who knows ICO's, he got early out, before $ 10?
8. If you know previous 7 points, is it dumb or clever if you get in at $ 1 and out on $ 10 if it is about money and you have no moral troubles?

My friend, we do not discuss here if somebody is stupid or not, it is question of moral, which is very low currently in crypto, the way how you communicate with many only proves it. If taking it this way, ganza is an genie cause he took so much money of so many people who though they are clever. However, he is an dumb ass and clever people who lost money hopefully learned their lesson as he will his.

Those are some ok points. I am not going to try to get in a 1 and out at 10 because of some combination of morals and not wanting to play in a rigged game (the game is rigged in most altcoins because someone who is not me has a boatload of coins to dump whenever they are ready.

If your plan is to get in at 1 and out at 10, knowing all the risks, that isn't stupid, although if you get stuck holding the bag you are stupid. If in the process of trying to do all that, you suck other people into the scam via lies and manipulation, you are an asshole, and I will call that out just as much as the stupidity. I stopped mentioning that here because I didn't have "proof" that Matlack was in on the scam, so I just went with stupid.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. the people involved in GAW as deeply as Matlack are either stupid (they got robbed by an obvious scam) or assholes in on the scam (trying to get in at 1 and out at 10 based on lies and BS). I'm not sure who exactly falls into which group, and I don't care, because I try not to get involved with people that are idiots or assholes. The idiots will cost me money via their stupidity, and the assholes will just rob me. Other people can get into the specifics as to why this is a bad investment because of the staking and the nodes and the games and TOS and whatnot, but I can't get past that point.

First of all I am glad to deal with someone that has an moral.

Now I need to ask you if you understand what I've written because your answers tells me you did not.

I am not joking, my english is not my primary lenguage, please correct me if I may have missuderstood something. You say that Adam is stupid because he got robbed by an obvious scam. Does that mean that everybody is stupid who did not get out with profif? If not then I do not understand you. In case GAW Adam seems to be victim. Do you implicate that every rubbed victim is stupid? Does it also mean that they get what they earned?

To point about assholes, getting one of 10, my friend, your statements do not fit to each other. Adam got rubbed by Garza, thats fact. That means by you that he is stupid and not an asshole, is it correct? If so, why do you write either or? Maybe he is stupid because he got rubbed and an asshole because he tries to rub others. Isn't exactly this what you tried to say?

Later on you say that you do not want to involve with people that are idiots or assholes where I though you do not want to deal with stupid people. Who is then an idiot, Adam? In different states are different definitions, but an idiot was used as the term "idiot" to refer to people having an IQ below 30. What do you reffer to or do you just use it as synonym?

Quote from: For this, I give you 100%! I am fully the same opinion
The idiots will cost me money via their stupidity, and the assholes will just rob me.

To the point about the plan, sticking as bagholder, .... => point 1. All altcoins are scam => If you invest into scam it has its risk, before going to point 2., 3. ,... you need to be clear about point 1.

@nskendrovic
Franzl gave you one of the best tipps, better buy btc and if you want to invest into any other altcoin, dont throw all your btc for that.

I only mention the asshole part with regards to Adam because I am not 100% sure that he got robbed. Would someone who got robbed investing in cloud mining be a business partner with the guy who ran the "data center" where the hashlets were supposedly running? That doesn't make sense to me, so i can't be 100% sure that Matlack got robbed by a guy who gave video lectures through the same church he went to and then went into business with the guy in the best position to know that hashlets didn't exist. But don't worry about that, because it is irrelevant if he was stupid or in on the scam, I wouldn't touch a coin run by him in either situation.

As for the stupidity, not everyone that gets robbed is stupid. But, people that got robbed by garza, especially to the tune that Adam claims to be, ARE stupid. At least when it comes to cryptocurrency. I don't care if the pitcher for my favorite team knows anything about cryptocurrency, I don't care if the manager of a restaurant I want to invest in knows anything about cryptocurrency, I don't care if the writer of a TV show I'm going to invest in knows anything about cryptocurrency, I do care if the "developer" of a coin I'm going to invest in is knowledgeable about cryptocurrency. And I don't know how someone who lost 6 figures to GAW can claim to be that.

GAW was not a run of the mill scam. It was blatantly obvious to plenty of people because there was no way for the claims that Garza was making to make sense. I would call you naive if you believed that Pirate had a bunch of people who never heard of this website that needed to buy boatloads of coins off of the exchanges and fell or that one, but believing Garza's claims shows that you know nothing about cyrpto or finance. There were 2 parts to the GAW scam, and neither made sense. Hashlets that mined altcoins but were not a part of any known mining pool and no evidence of them running their own. When asked for proof that they were mining coins, they refused to provide it, and then the ultimately provided this address https://blockchain.info/address/1P62VZZ9kL97dzzcWhG7JZDssaW2MDgn82 and the 28k coins (at the time) in the "total received"  line (and no block rewards) as proof that they were mining. Then these magical hashlets, that were the most advanced miners in the universe, started "mining" "hashpoints" instead of coins that actually had value, and we were onto the second part of the scam, that Garza (or walmart, or amazon, or target, or whoever) would accept coins at a value of $20 even though they could buy as many as they wanted for between 2 and 4 dollars at the time (or that Garza, who gave himself 12 million at the premine and could create as many as he needed via prime controllers, would buy them or $20 each).

In conclusion, not everyone who gets robbed is stupid, but people that lost 6 figures because they thought hashlets were real or that Josh would buy xpy for $20 are too stupid to develop a new coin.
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2016, 12:16:01 AM

Apparently the blockchain is live but it doesn't look like there is a block explorer and the supposed premine addresses haven't been posted either. This transparency thing is though on these guys. Perhaps Monday then. Hawaii time.
boki15

Activity: 742

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 01:17:02 AM

I only mention the asshole part with regards to Adam because I am not 100% sure that he got robbed. Would someone who got robbed investing in cloud mining be a business partner with the guy who ran the "data center" where the hashlets were supposedly running? That doesn't make sense to me, so i can't be 100% sure that Matlack got robbed by a guy who gave video lectures through the same church he went to and then went into business with the guy in the best position to know that hashlets didn't exist. But don't worry about that, because it is irrelevant if he was stupid or in on the scam, I wouldn't touch a coin run by him in either situation.

This theory is interesting if they would have planned everything together, because if, then they might be stupid? To be exact, there is an proof of an participation in this scam, but it is more by giving this money as the more people invest, the more others become confident that it is good investment and invest, typical snowball effect, very typical for every HYPE that was successfull. But this would mean that every small investor, even if it was $ 1, participated in scam. People who made promotion for this scam are also part of it, .... . As you see, we would fine very many people who should be punished but there is an point where you have to drive an line where being an victim starts and wher is the border to participate by scam by just encouraging by funds. That was not problem of Adam alone, there have been many, including MrCoins and some other. On the other side, people who made promotion here, removed their promotion immediatelly stating that they were just payed without any clue what it is. Isn't this normal on bitcointalk? Should judge look for these people too? I am only trying to separate in my head Adam being an victim of ganzasFlashBoobs scam and then making an own business with same crooks like joe, where allens role maybe should not be unmentioned too. Now IoN has to me connection to xpy because their platform engine is the same like it was on xpy where xpy's looked almost 1 to 1 like paybase. I see there Joe's involvement, but I do not see proof of this for IoN. If Adam worked with him prviously, then it might be already bought code and in this case it is very legit questions to publish this source code part, as if it is from paybase, then it was financed by GAW scam.

@IoN teamI repeat my question, it is already 16. May, I want to know how far is Joe's involvement and if there is no involvement, what kind of his code did you keep/use, it is very important as he is an dev, an untrusted dev and to be marked like that forever.

I remember BoloYoung was the only one of the top accounts who said he wants 5x hashlets for his prime conversion, whoes account was it?
As for the stupidity, not everyone that gets robbed is stupid. But, people that got robbed by garza, especially to the tune that Adam claims to be, ARE stupid. At least when it comes to cryptocurrency. I don't care if the pitcher for my favorite team knows anything about cryptocurrency, I don't care if the manager of a restaurant I want to invest in knows anything about cryptocurrency, I don't care if the writer of a TV show I'm going to invest in knows anything about cryptocurrency, I do care if the "developer" of a coin I'm going to invest in is knowledgeable about cryptocurrency. And I don't know how someone who lost 6 figures to GAW can claim to be that.

To make it more correct, it was not all his money which makes the whole situation worse. I think everybody of is stupid, depends only who you compare us too.

GAW was not a run of the mill scam. It was blatantly obvious to plenty of people because there was no way for the claims that Garza was making to make sense. I would call you naive if you believed that Pirate had a bunch of people who never heard of this website that needed to buy boatloads of coins off of the exchanges and fell or that one, but believing Garza's claims shows that you know nothing about cyrpto or finance. There were 2 parts to the GAW scam, and neither made sense. Hashlets that mined altcoins but were not a part of any known mining pool and no evidence of them running their own. When asked for proof that they were mining coins, they refused to provide it, and then the ultimately provided this address https://blockchain.info/address/1P62VZZ9kL97dzzcWhG7JZDssaW2MDgn82 and the 28k coins (at the time) in the "total received"  line (and no block rewards) as proof that they were mining. Then these magical hashlets, that were the most advanced miners in the universe, started "mining" "hashpoints" instead of coins that actually had value, and we were onto the second part of the scam, that Garza (or walmart, or amazon, or target, or whoever) would accept coins at a value of $20 even though they could buy as many as they wanted for between 2 and 4 dollars at the time (or that Garza, who gave himself 12 million at the premine and could create as many as he needed via prime controllers, would buy them or $20 each).

Seriously, look who mostly was their investor, most of them never had anything to do with crypto neither do now. Somebody just told them this thing will be like bitcoin and they wanted to get rich fast, this happens every day in real life, in many cases with a lot more consequences than just loosing your investment. Just look at this and the only thing that you can say is WTF!
(click on image to get youtube video)

I am not sure if this discussion maybe fits more to suchmoons Smiley gaw thread.
Phildo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 01:35:18 AM

It belongs here because team ionomy's qualifications/stupidity are very important things when discussing how viable this coin will be. If you think it's worth it to riding the markets as a gambler/day trader that's fine, but I will question people that think this is an actual good investment, because I don't see how Matlack can be involved in one.
WildShark

Activity: 1344

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2016, 01:39:21 AM

TOTAL SOLD 2,720,613  IONs... only 9 1/2 hours left to buy!!!
 Grin

"Wild onION" Visit the depot using the following invitation @ http://invite.wildsdepot.com
ION Master Node[10K IONs] + ION Smart Node[500 Atoms] + All ION Staking Wallets = 18 IONs Block Reward for WILD Innovative ION Network ownership (WIN concept)
Plan Details: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1443633.msg50248724#msg50248724
rdewilde

Activity: 925
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 05:04:06 AM
Last edit: May 16, 2016, 05:48:30 AM by rdewilde

Newsletter:
http://us13.campaign-archive2.com/?u=c56e11891484eb0547f7f1d2a&id=aa5788224a&e=19d9cf49d0

Including:
ionomy
111 North Bridge Road 08-18 Peninsula Plaza
singapore 179098
Singapore

Also screenshots of wallet have been published:

link

ICO ends in 5 hours, so things should get started soom

rdewilde

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 05:15:54 AM

Apparently the blockchain is live but it doesn't look like there is a block explorer and the supposed premine addresses haven't been posted either. This transparency thing is though on these guys. Perhaps Monday then. Hawaii time.

Estimated evening EST for the wallet, so I guess explorer is not much behind it. Otherwise it'll be hard to check transactions manually.

Franz_Huber
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1004

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 06:59:37 AM

TOTAL SOLD 2,720,613  IONs... only 9 1/2 hours left to buy!!!
 Grin
...out of 5 million. And how many of those were "sold" for XPY? This ICO is a colossal failure.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
WildShark

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2016, 08:22:55 AM

TOTAL SOLD 2,735,124 IONs... You have less than 3 hours to the end of ICO...

You can reload the ION weapon anytime with IONs purchased from Ionomy.com using the weapon's built-in WiFi or your favorite browser. Stock up on some IONs, Atoms and Electron storage today for your games, weapons and master nodes...

"Wild onION" Visit the depot using the following invitation @ http://invite.wildsdepot.com
ION Master Node[10K IONs] + ION Smart Node[500 Atoms] + All ION Staking Wallets = 18 IONs Block Reward for WILD Innovative ION Network ownership (WIN concept)
Plan Details: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1443633.msg50248724#msg50248724
WildShark

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2016, 08:27:42 AM

Last call for ION ICO.
The ION ICO is entering the final hours, act now to secure your ION before the launch! The ION blockchain is only a few hours away from its Genesis block and the final touches are being put on the ionomy.com platform. After a private proof of work period, the local wallet source code will be available at https://www.ionomy.com and https://github.com/ionomy/ion

Coin launch and ICO.
On May 16th the full ionomy.com platform will be launched, and all ICO coins will be available to  load into stakers, withdraw to a local wallet for a masternode, or to trade on the exchange. We estimate public availability to be early evening Eastern Time.

An email announcing the availability of wallet downloads and the release of the ICO coins will go out to all users at the time of the launch.

Atoms Bonus.
The 8 ION bonus per Atom will be credited prior to the launch. Atoms auctions have been halted briefly while we process the bonus. The auction platform will be re-enabled at launch along with the exchange and staker purchasing.

Upcoming game preview.
Stay tuned later this week for a game play preview of ionomy.com’s first mobile title: Gravity

rdewilde

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 08:34:30 AM

TOTAL SOLD 2,720,613  IONs... only 9 1/2 hours left to buy!!!
 Grin
...out of 5 million. And how many of those were "sold" for XPY? This ICO is a colossal failure.

Paycoin converted to 1.2M ION or so. Although those had value, due the burning the capital did not make it into ION.
XPYBits converted to 800K ION bonus. As XPYBits were bought, I suspect this value is transferred into ION.

2.735.000 - 2M = 735.000 ION sold new (est ~= 735K x 0.225$ = 165.375$ extra investment)

Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 ... 500 »
  Print  

Jump to: