Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 07:57:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 [225] 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 »
  Print  
Author Topic: margin terminal is now FREE - bots for over 30 exchanges  (Read 268520 times)
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2018, 09:10:03 AM

Binance, Bittrex, Bitfinex, Poloniex, Bitstamp, Kraken, HitBTC, OKCoin, Bleutrade and Coinbase Pro

Do you have any plans for adding Okex, Huobi, Kucoin?

Huobi will be in the next release!

We had support for it before but due to them changing their API we had to remove it for a while.

Will look into the others.

Best wishes,
Jonathan

Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cho Guevara

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 12:39:58 AM

Hi guys. I spent not a lot of time studying this bot. Maybe a few hours. I looked at several reviews on youtube, read a few pages, and  it  has only 2 strategies for automatic trading?? Yes, a pretty good interface and the number of exchanges in this bot. And so it's a standard terminal. There are quite a lot of them ..... What makes it unique? I will not spam, but I found very interesting bot (Moon bot) which I'm trying to find an alternative. While unsuccessfully .
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2018, 11:22:00 AM

Hi guys. I spent not a lot of time studying this bot. Maybe a few hours. I looked at several reviews on youtube, read a few pages, and  it  has only 2 strategies for automatic trading?? Yes, a pretty good interface and the number of exchanges in this bot. And so it's a standard terminal. There are quite a lot of them ..... What makes it unique? I will not spam, but I found very interesting bot (Moon bot) which I'm trying to find an alternative. While unsuccessfully .

Hi Cho Guevara,

Thanks for your interest.

The margin trading terminal has 4 built in bots, not 2. And there are, in our opinion, no other trading terminals on the market like it. It is a desktop application with a ton of features (technical indicators, drawing tools, social media integration etc.) that distinguish it from other products out there. Besides multi-screen viewing of multiple charts across all exchanges we support, we also pride ourselves on security. We don't hold your API keys on our server and we don't route your trades through our servers! That's your business.

My suggestion is to check out our free demo (https://margin.de) and see if you like it Smiley

Drop us a mail if you have any questions: support@margin.de

Best wishes,
Jonathan

CTShaman

Activity: 253
Merit: 4

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 06:28:50 PM

Hi guys. I spent not a lot of time studying this bot. Maybe a few hours. I looked at several reviews on youtube, read a few pages, and  it  has only 2 strategies for automatic trading?? Yes, a pretty good interface and the number of exchanges in this bot. And so it's a standard terminal. There are quite a lot of them ..... What makes it unique? I will not spam, but I found very interesting bot (Moon bot) which I'm trying to find an alternative. While unsuccessfully .
If you were asking me, I'd say great support. Use the email Jonathan put in his post.

CTShaman

Bucket List Item #10: Buy and sell a WALL with margin.
CTShaman

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 02:30:00 AM
Last edit: August 24, 2018, 03:28:53 AM by CTShaman

EMA Traders Pay Heed! This one is for you!

https://cryptodaily.co.uk/2018/08/bitcoin-btc-trading-two-indicators-that-could-have-made-you-626-roi-during-the-recent-bloodbath/

I for one will be setting up some trades along the lines they discussed. I also concur with them that there will be some bearish settling  over the next week (I expect a momentary bounce at 6150) followed by a bull run after Labor Day in the US.
I redacted this last line because just as I setup an XBT/USDT pair on Kraken per to their specifications I see the EMA 5 is crossing the EMA 10 today. Yay!  Grin

Tomorrow it will be a month that I have been long on almost everything, my last trade was the 8th. Once it hits 6700 or 6800 I am going to rearrange some long positions.

Keep smiling and keep trading!  Cheesy

CTShaman

Amaralluis

Activity: 132
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 02:38:58 PM

https://cryptodaily.co.uk/2018/08/bitcoin-btc-trading-two-indicators-that-could-have-made-you-626-roi-during-the-recent-bloodbath/

I for one will be setting up some trades along the lines they discussed. I also concur with them that there will be some bearish settling  over the next week (I expect a momentary bounce at 6150) followed by a bull run after Labor Day in the US.
I redacted this last line because just as I setup an XBT/USDT pair on Kraken per to their specifications I see the EMA 5 is crossing the EMA 10 today. Yay!  Grin

Tomorrow it will be a month that I have been long on almost everything, my last trade was the 8th. Once it hits 6700 or 6800 I am going to rearrange some long positions.

CTShaman

Are you using the EMA bot in margin for this?
CTShaman

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 09:40:25 PM
Last edit: August 25, 2018, 12:17:01 AM by CTShaman

I redacted this last line because just as I setup an XBT/USDT pair on Kraken per to their specifications I see the EMA 5 is crossing the EMA 10 today. Yay!  Grin

CTShaman

Are you using the EMA bot in margin for this?

Yes, I've only setup this one and thrown a couple of hundred at it so far, I mostly use Bollinger Band, but the article got me interested. The crossover should be happening, I think we'll know for sure when the next candle opens.

Edited: Yep it crossed about 20:00 EST.  Grin Grin Grin

The last time the 5/10 crossover occurred BTC pumped up 600 fiat. I think we are all more than ready! Personally, my hopes are to see 8800-9000 fiat before Christmas.

Amaralluis

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 02:58:31 PM
Last edit: August 26, 2018, 04:26:03 PM by Amaralluis

Jonathan and team,
As you can see from the screenshot theres a few strategies running and a few trades showing in the graph.
Its impossible to tell which strategies did the trades.
This needs to be fixed somehow.

Plus the EMA strategy splits the trades and because of that a really great function is lost that was being able to hover over the buy trade signal in the graph and we would get the info about the complete trade (buy/sell) and the profit from it.
With the trade split like this cant have that info anymore.

Finally, this is something that keeps happening with the EMA strategy no matter how much I tinker and experiment.
It buys higher and sells low.

These trades were from two of the strategies I was running. The 3Day (1hour candlesize) and 12H (10 min candlesize).
I have other strats using the other candlesizes and none of them have produced a trade yet so I will continue to monitor how they behave.
But with the Ema strategy I would avoid using it with anything less than 2hour candlesize.

PS - The 1W chart (2hr candlesize) just bought high as well (It bought at 3143)... I cant trust this EMA strat at all. Anyone using this strat with good results? I am curious to see what settings are being used!

CTShaman

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 02:09:29 AM

Jonathan and team,
As you can see from the screenshot theres a few strategies running and a few trades showing in the graph.
Its impossible to tell which strategies did the trades.
This needs to be fixed somehow.

Plus the EMA strategy splits the trades and because of that a really great function is lost that was being able to hover over the buy trade signal in the graph and we would get the info about the complete trade (buy/sell) and the profit from it.
With the trade split like this cant have that info anymore.

Finally, this is something that keeps happening with the EMA strategy no matter how much I tinker and experiment.
It buys higher and sells low.

These trades were from two of the strategies I was running. The 3Day (1hour candlesize) and 12H (10 min candlesize).
I have other strats using the other candlesizes and none of them have produced a trade yet so I will continue to monitor how they behave.
But with the Ema strategy I would avoid using it with anything less than 2hour candlesize.

PS - The 1W chart (2hr candlesize) just bought high as well (It bought at 3143)... I cant trust this EMA strat at all. Anyone using this strat with good results? I am curious to see what settings are being used!

Oh man! I thought I'd seen this behavior before, I looked at this 7 or 8 times before I thought I figured it out!  Shocked

I cannot say for certain because it isn't showing but I had a similar problem with Bollinger Band. What I did to keep those needles from screwing with me was to make sure I had minimum effective gain set. That alone will not keep it from buying high but will help keep it from selling low. Yeah, take care of selling low and you'll eliminate 3/4 of the problem.  Smiley

Amaralluis

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 11:35:48 AM

I know about the minimum effective gain but the point I am testing the Ema bot without it to try to understand how it works so that it can be fine tuned but this bot is miserable.
These are the results after using the 12h, 1D,3D and 1W chart. All with the same config with no effective gain set.
It doesnt catch any valleys, only the peaks.
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2018, 10:15:51 AM

I know about the minimum effective gain but the point I am testing the Ema bot without it to try to understand how it works so that it can be fine tuned but this bot is miserable.
These are the results after using the 12h, 1D,3D and 1W chart. All with the same config with no effective gain set.
It doesnt catch any valleys, only the peaks.

Hi Amaralluis,

Sorry for your frustrations.

The bot works exactly as it should but as CTShaman said you can protect situations like you encountered by using a Min Effective Gain.

Remember this bot, unlike the mArgin maker or the ping pong, places spot (market) orders. Spot orders as they are designed to go through immediately can end up being split over many trades and prices. On currency pairs with low volumes that are not trending it often happens that the bot will make losses as a large spread coupled with a shallow order book means the desired price is just not attained.

In market that are trending (bull or bearish behaviour) the EMA is an excellent choice and can really perform well.

You are right that we need a new visualisation of the trades that is bot specific especially for customers who, like you, run many bots on a single pair.

I also see that in your configuration you are using immediate mode which triggers as a candle is forming. Running in this mode is riskier than in the default mode.

Best wishes,
Jonathan

Amaralluis

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 02:02:35 PM

I found a bug in Margin.
This morning the chart screen was black so I restarted Margin to resume the bots and this was the result:

The buy/sell offset lines are not displayed.
I had to stop the strat, unselect and select again the buy/sell offset to have the lines drawn again in the chart.

And yes I am using the a negative offset for this strategy and the bot seems to be behaving more like its supposed to.
I am testing it with a BB strategy (Strategy-1) and the BB made the first buy and the EMA Strat (strategy-0) did the buy afterwards.
It didnt do it at the bottom of the valley but could've have been because I am using -1 value. With a higher value (-1.3) it might have bought at the bottom but this is the reason why I am doing these tests.

The BB strat made a sell and the EMA strat is still in sell mode. It almost happened at the peek of the green candle after the BB sell by a hair, but again probably because of the high -1 value. A lower value and it would have sold.
Much more convincing behaiour imo.

Had I used the positive default values this is where I think it would buy and sell:

The evidence is becoming more and more clear to me that there is something flawed int he design of the strategy and I have difficulty accepting that it is working as intended. Right now its working to make people lose trades.
sjsimmons19

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 01:53:16 AM

If I have an account before you went to monthly subscription, how do I update my API?
CTShaman

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 04:45:09 AM

If I have an account before you went to monthly subscription, how do I update my API?
Send a note to support@margin.de for current information on that.

CTShaman

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 05:52:42 PM
Last edit: September 05, 2018, 03:40:44 AM by CTShaman

Tantalizing trajectory over the next month.
Here's why:
1. Small cap is lifting from its dormant levels now. Looking forward to the micro cap starting to move.
Would love to be back at the thee month high by November 5th for the ICE ETF.
2. At present BTC price is where it was November 11, before the last trip to the moon.
3. In my opinion there has been huge maturity within the trading community. A greater percentage of traders have firmly grasped the concept of hodl'em till you weep. The ETH and XRP crowd have taken the most heat on this one, God Bless them, their day is coming.
4. All the EMA lines are continuing to diverge using 1 day candles.

How I'm trading:
Due to the VPS desktop crashing on me and various other sundry incidents I have been running manual with few exceptions. This kind of worked out because Bollinger Band continued to trade at the end of July when the bottom dropped out. It was my fault I had no real exit strategy from a three month high. Every appropriate opportunity I've gotten in the last ten days I've converted EMA 13/5 @ 3-6m with 1 day candles. No trades have closed yet but all of them are well above my 2% expectations. I feel like a kid with a new toy.

So use wind chimes to while away the time in this summer heat. As the tide is still coming in, in  my estimation we'll all start to sail with the tide around the 21st.

CTShaman

It is hard to paint a prettier picture with clearly defined support and resistance at 23.6, 38.2 and 50% with next target 7553-fiat in sight.
Hint - use a mouse instead of touchpad for drawing (fewer crashes).

Amaralluis

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 11:49:04 AM

That buy at 8500 was made by the EMA Strat?
CTShaman

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 05:41:43 PM

The 8500 buy order was from Bollinger Band setup with 3 day window. It was a legitimate purchase at the time. Admittedly this is a poor example because I knew the backstory I'd overlooked the artifacts. At the top right is the manual sell I put in for that 8500 trade. Obviously much longer on that trade now than I was two days ago.  Smiley

CTShaman

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 06:04:02 PM

Putting the pieces together. Yesterday's $74M short at the apex of a 30 day high..

https://www.ccn.com/unsual-cryptocurrency-market-behavior-before-big-crypto-drop/

"Data scientists strongly believe this was either market manipulation or insider trading, but are reluctant to give a definitive answer for obvious reasons."

Amaralluis

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 07:30:18 PM

The 8500 buy order was from Bollinger Band setup with 3 day window. It was a legitimate purchase at the time. Admittedly this is a poor example because I knew the backstory I'd overlooked the artifacts. At the top right is the manual sell I put in for that 8500 trade. Obviously much longer on that trade now than I was two days ago.  Smiley

A BB?? If you dont mind what kind of set up did you have because I cant see the BB have a buy signal on a trend like that? It doesnt make sense.
CTShaman

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 08:20:24 PM

A BB?? If you dont mind what kind of set up did you have because I cant see the BB have a buy signal on a trend like that? It doesnt make sense.
Sorry, I thought you saw the 3 month window indicator at the top. That buy was July 25, we are comparing a 3 month window with 1 day candles to 3 day window with 1 hour candles so yes it was a good buy, Bollinger Band bought exactly when it was supposed to but the market kept going down.

I tried to scroll back in time but it won't go back that far on a 3 day window, below are the settings that were in place at the time. You just can't see how the trades played out because there were 24 candles for every 1 in the screenshot.

Pages: « 1 ... 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 [225] 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 »
  Print  

Jump to: