Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:04:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 ... 594 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free)  (Read 834298 times)
citronick
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 07:46:25 AM

Tytanick,

Is there a way to use or convert to fix IP address?

Thanks

You can login with ssh and change the settings.

anyways to do this with single click on do I have to do ssh to all my 33 rigs?

anyone can show some command line shell commands?

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tytanick (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096

Simplemining.net Admin

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2017, 08:53:16 AM

I really like what you have done here, and I've been testing for a few weeks now.  I have no problem paying a small fee for your work and upkeep of the software.  If you were to go on holiday or something else, would someone be available to work on the software or hardware that this is based on in your absence?  I think most miners would not be happy paying a subscription if there was a long downtime, especially some of the larger miners that might want to use this OS.
It's just something to consider, and I'm sure you'll take the correct precautions.  Thanks again for putting this together.  This makes it easy for "just-slightly-better-than-newbie" miners to get back in the game and experiment, or just let it run.

I dont think its an issue.
I have always with me laptop for any problem.
I will never have holidays on which i will cut off myself from internet Tongue
Anyway yes i have second admin if something will go wrong and i wont have laptop.
In case of downtime, all rigs will be mining byitself, only thing that wont work is statistics and dashboard managment.
All other stuff is done reggardless if simplemining.net will be down or up. Stats can be always viewer in your pool directly to verify that in case of any downtime Smiley

Hello! First of all id like to thank tytanick for providing this free platform for noobs like me and for easy managing several rigs for other people. Will happily donate once i ROI on my small rig.
I have a  few questions: is it normal for everybody to lose wifi connection when running this OS? Once i start my rig via ethernet i cant connect any other device at home to the wifi...
Also, i believe its possible to dual-mine ETH/DCR with claymore 9.2, but remember trying weeks ago and having the rig crash. What miner and pools are recommended for this setup? Can i continue adjusting core to 1150 or is that too low for dual? (i only mine ETH now and its very stable with 1150/2000). 
Platform if free but in next 30 days i will start charging Smiley
I will let everybody know about this . There will be free periods, so dont worry Smiley

Right now i need to focus on new features in simplemining becasue its taking already too long to complete.

Manage your GPU farm the easy way with Mining OS (30 days free):  SimpleMining.net
Support available at Discord: https://simplemining.net/page/discord and admin@simplemining.net
Bitcointalk thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1541084.0
maozturk

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 08:55:42 AM

As I stated before, I've MSI Z170A Gaming M5 motherboard and Asus RX 480 8G, when I try to use more than 4 gpus, simplemining doesn't detect gpus and it gives and error.
Is there anybody who uses Z170A chipset? Have you ever tried to use RX 480 8G with this motherboard?
bonosurgut

Activity: 520
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 08:56:26 AM

H270 Plus

1. Flash latest BIOS from ASUS site. Now it's 0609
2. Disable integrated sound card and serial port.
3. Switch to Gen2 - DMİ max link speed, PEG port, PCH/PCI-E.
4. 4G must be disable.
5. Connect 1 GPU to mobo.
6. Install windows.
7. Install latest chipset and ME drivers.
8. Install GPU drivers.
9. Connect another 5 GPU.
10. Wait for windows install all new GPU's. Some card may have yellow icons, don't worry.
11. Restart computer and enable 4G in BIOS.
12. Now all 6 GPU's must be installed without any issues.
13. Mine your favorite coin.

I think this working on Linux system too.

tomorow i try to do this on simOS.
thexmikkel

Activity: 8

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 09:34:14 AM

Any suggestions why my rig keeps running unstable and crashing atleast 5 times a day

http://imgur.com/E4Ux9U6
http://imgur.com/Jsu1FhJ

I have two RX 470 4GB Nitro+ modded rom 27-28 MH/s
Ethereum only crashes just like eth+drc mode.

Thanks

Hi
Please share bios what clock and gpu
For example 1130 /1945

And
Sapphire or Asus??
You 1gpu 800 m/h dcr and 27 m/h eth???
What motherboard?

Hi,
2x Sapphire. 27,5 mh/s each on ethereum and 820 mh/s each on decred
Both Hynix memory
I've used the same timings like IMineBlocks did on YouTube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OP_zSP2H6ho

MOBO: ASRock BTC H81 Pro
Even with stock mem clock 1750, it crashes.
The Core clock is set to target 1100.
Thanks Smiley
ailikun

Activity: 406
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 10:37:12 AM

Quick question, how can I set my miners individually?
Or atleast, divide them in two groups?

because I have a few old gpu's, and I want them to mine zec.
And a few new rigs, that should mine eth.

Komuto Herovato is definitely the chief engineer of bfl)
tytanick (OP)
Legendary

Simplemining.net Admin

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2017, 11:00:40 AM
Last edit: April 26, 2017, 12:13:05 PM by tytanick

INFO UPDATE regarding SimpleMining FEE SYSTEM
The path would look like this:
1. I will intrudoce new design with rewritten functions to make usability greater in dahsboard (i have 80% done right now) (it will be live in about 2-14 days from now)
2. I will intruduce fee system. (about 3-20 days from now)
There will be emails sent to everyone that used SMOS that fee system is enabled from today and the terms of it.
Many users will have have 0$ on theirs simplemining accounts so you will see something like SMOS Balance -0,23$.
Dont worry, there will be some free period for at least 2 weeks where you will se negative account balance but no limits or anything bad will be applied.
After that period some functions will be propalby limited or something annoying will be introduced Tongue to force users to pay some little fees to their Simplemining balance Smiley
Still all rigs will be running and i dont want to touch running rigs.
Also i wont change anyones pool even if it wont pay fees. I will just disable possiility to change options in SMOS.
How Fee system will work ?
There will be at first 2$ per rig per month. Overtime this will be most propably increased to something like 3$ per rig per month or not. More  than 3$ ? Propably not.
Each 24h there will be substracted 1/30 of 2$ per each rig from your SMOS balance.
To Load balance you will need to transfer BTC and it will be recalculated to $.
EXAMPLE
So if you have 3 rigs online for past 24h and 5 offline for past 24h then system will take 3 * 1/30 * 2$ = 0,2 $ (those 5 rigs are free and you dont need to remove them from dashboard in order to not to loose Smiley
3. After this process is done, there will be much more functions implemented in SMOS becasue i could spend much more time on this project as it will pays for my current work. (like most wanted GROUPING FEATURE)

Please post any questions or suggestions to my system, but dont troll
PLEASE DONT QUOTE ALL THIS - just reply Smiley

Manage your GPU farm the easy way with Mining OS (30 days free):  SimpleMining.net
Support available at Discord: https://simplemining.net/page/discord and admin@simplemining.net
deadsix

Activity: 751
Merit: 517

Fail to plan, and you plan to fail.

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 01:51:07 PM

This is good progress man. I look forward to the day when we can mine directly to your pools and forgo even this $2 fee.

Ethereum/Zcash/Monero Mining Bangalore https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1703592
tytanick (OP)
Legendary

Simplemining.net Admin

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2017, 03:10:39 PM

This is good progress man. I look forward to the day when we can mine directly to your pools and forgo even this $2 fee.
My own pool is good idea but i dont want to start many things at once becasue i need to make one nice product, then i will go futherer.
I even started negotiating some things about pool but i will do this later.
Pool isnt my priority at all.

g.dlc

Activity: 5

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 03:25:42 PM

Hi tytanick, this is a very nice idea, 2$ per month per rig seems to be very correct for you and fro the users.

I sent you an email in the morning about ETC. Are you going to implement the possibility to mine ETC ? Also, does simplemining works with the new RX 500 series or should we wait before buying those GPUs ?

I'll try to read as much as I can here to determine a safe way to overclock my rig (6 x MSI RX480 8Go).
Thanks for everything and good luck with this awesome project.
tytanick (OP)
Legendary

Simplemining.net Admin

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2017, 03:28:54 PM

Hi tytanick, this is a very nice idea, 2$ per month per rig seems to be very correct for you and fro the users.

I sent you an email in the morning about ETC. Are you going to implement the possibility to mine ETC ? Also, does simplemining works with the new RX 500 series or should we wait before buying those GPUs ?

I'll try to read as much as I can here to determine a safe way to overclock my rig (6 x MSI RX480 8Go).
Thanks for everything and good luck with this awesome project.
I am finishing today the new dashboard which is now done in 98%. Only some testing and i will email to everyone about new look + new dashboard performance and usability.
This is basic conversion of new look, after that i will be making it more beautifull but there are 2 more important things:
- fees so i coud work faster and harder
- RX580 FIX - so you will be able to make better performance on RX500 - i am already testing RX570 4GB Gigabytes and its working without an issue Smiley
This fix is next on my list.
- grouping features

Tummler

Activity: 53

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 03:53:22 PM

Sounds great. Personally, I would love having the option to make a one time, upfront payment in lieu of a monthly subscription. I have used a couple open source/freeware programs that adopted this approach over time. One example that many of you may be familiar with is Plex, which provided the opportunity for users to make a one time donation early on in the project in exchange for a "Plex Pass," which entitled the holders of the pass to receive free access for life to most of the Plex services.

This approach has several benefits for all involved parties. First, this permits the developer to raise a decent amount of cash upfront, which he can then use to finance continued development of the project. Second, it establishes a devoted, loyal core user base.

As for me, I know one of the biggest benefits of allowing user to make a single upfront, lump sum payment is that I wouldn't need to worry about making future payments. I have an admittedly irrational and somewhat extreme aversion to paying monthly fees. As such, I always appreciate when I have an opportunity to avoid it.

I have no idea how you are going about implementing your fee system from a technical perspective, so I appreciate that my suggestion may be impractical to implement at this time. However, I thought I would share just in case it was a possibility.

Also, any possibility of permitting payments to be made with ETH, even if the ETH fee is pegged to the value of BTC?
tytanick (OP)
Legendary

Simplemining.net Admin

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2017, 04:02:22 PM

I will propably make other donation systems like ETH, but as BTC is still most popular and everyone can send it (for example after converting in exchange), then i will be accepinng BTC at this time.
Not everything at once Smiley
Also i cant take lifetime payment - it makes my OS harder and produces many problems.
More rigs = you need to pay more. Each rig is generating traffic and cpu usage on my system, and not single user.
So one user can have 100 rigs while other can have 2. There must be per rig payment.
Also per rig lifetime payment would make problems such as, what if your motherboard will broke ?
I would need to reassign license, thats too much work, i really like simplicity and users like it too.
The most simple ways is:
Load account with any amount and every 24 hours, each rig will substract little amount from one account balance.
It just cant be more simple than that Cheesy

Tummler

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 04:02:47 PM

As I stated before, I've MSI Z170A Gaming M5 motherboard and Asus RX 480 8G, when I try to use more than 4 gpus, simplemining doesn't detect gpus and it gives and error.
Is there anybody who uses Z170A chipset? Have you ever tried to use RX 480 8G with this motherboard?

I thought I had replied to you earlier, but upon reviewing my post history, I may have been thinking about a response I posted to another user in another thread.

I run this board with 8 RX 470 4gb cards without issue, and it was very easy to get running. I have helped a couple people with this board, and to the best of my knowledge, everyone has been able to get it to work with the following steps:

1. Use a Skylake processor. One person I know of started with a Kaby Lake processor, and he could not get the board to run more than 4 cards without switching to a Skylake.

2. Update the BIOS to the latest version.

3. Enable above 4g decoding

4. Leave all other settings alone (with the exception of selecting internal graphics upon boot up), especially the settings concerning PCIe speed. Leave PCIe speeds set to "Auto." Other people have suggested changing these settings to Gen I or Gen II, but most of those suggestions concerned getting this board to work using a superseded version of the BIOS.

5. I know Tytanick is working on some issues with smOS and how it interacts with RX 5xx cards. I don't know what those issues are.
Tummler

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 04:11:33 PM

I will propably make other donation systems like ETH, but as BTC is still most popular and everyone can send it (for example after converting in exchange), then i will be accepinng BTC at this time.
Not everything at once Smiley
Also i cant take lifetime payment - it makes my OS harder and produces many problems.
More rigs = you need to pay more. Each rig is generating traffic and cpu usage on my system, and not single user.
So one user can have 100 rigs while other can have 2. There must be per rig payment.
Also per rig lifetime payment would make problems such as, what if your motherboard will broke ?
I would need to reassign license, thats too much work, i really like simplicity and users like it too.
The most simple ways is:
Load account with any amount and every 24 hours, each rig will substract little amount from one account balance.
It just cant be more simple than that Cheesy

Understood and appreciated.

Just to clarify one point, the way I envisioned a lump sum payment would be make a certain payment that would entitle to user to run one rig per account, payment x 2 for two rigs & etc. Also, I would assume that such payment, or perhaps a better way to classify it would be a "donation," would under no circumstances be refundable.

I love smOS, and assuming it makes financial sense, will continue to use it, regardless of how you implement your fee system. The only reason I raised this suggestion was to present a point of view concerning fees and lump sum payments that may depart from your own views. Personally, I would be willing to pay a fairly significant up front amount, relative to the monthly fee, in order to avoid paying a monthly fee.

Again, thank you for smOS. I absolutely love it!
g.dlc

Activity: 5

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 04:19:17 PM

Thanks tytanick for your answer.

I understand that at the moment you don't have time to work on Ethereum Classic implementation on simplemining, but do you think this will be available in the future ? Also, does this require a lot of work in comparison with ETH ? Just saw that Dwafpool have now a ETC Pool and I really would like to mine on it.

citronick
Legendary

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 04:35:12 PM

2 bucks per month per rig works out to be 6 cents per day per rig!

If 1 have 100 rigs on smOS for example...

that works to about 200 USD per month or 6.66 USD per day

Is my math correct?

I can live with this, and its a simple fee system.

I see some ideas on Tytanick Pool....
.... please do focus your efforts into the smOS and SRR platforms because its will require your full attention 24x7.

I hope more and more new features can be added into smOS and SRR.

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...
citronick
Legendary

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 04:40:52 PM

Thanks tytanick for your answer.

I understand that at the moment you don't have time to work on Ethereum Classic implementation on simplemining, but do you think this will be available in the future ? Also, does this require a lot of work in comparison with ETH ? Just saw that Dwafpool have now a ETC Pool and I really would like to mine on it.

correct me if I am wrong but isn't Claymore miner can already mine ETC pools as per normal as long as the algo type is Dagger-Hashimoto?

For example: EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool eu1-etc.ethermine.org:4444 -ewal <Your_Ethereum_Address>.<RigName> -epsw x

tytanick (OP)
Legendary

Simplemining.net Admin

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2017, 04:42:25 PM

Ok let me straight this fee payment.

You wont have to pay exactly the first day of each month Tongue
You will have just balance which you could credit upfron for lets say 4 months.
Then this balance will decrease everyday. If you will see that it will end up soon you could add more anytime.
In future there will be some notifications ofcourse. Anyway i guess its no problem to pay upfornt for 3 months for 2 rigs.... 2$*3 monthx *2rigs = 12 $
I would accually love if someone will credit its balance upfront for few months.
There are some people who already made donations that will keep them runing all rigs for a half year or more Smiley
But not many of those. People dont like paying even 1$ so i need to force it.
Unfortunatley this life costs but i would be happy if all finances in a world would be destroyed and everyone would live without evil money world.
I myself have big debtis in banks that i need to pay.
Most debits are becasue i invested in developing in myself, some becasue little depression was getting into me for past few years but its ok for 4 years.
Also i lost much money on game calles Entropia Universe Cheesy - i think something like 10'000$ went there over few years Cheesy
But again, i really like giving people possibility to use my easy to use tool. Smiley

fittsy

Activity: 441
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2017, 04:43:33 PM

2 bucks per month per rig works out to be 6 cents per day per rig!

If 1 have 100 rigs on smOS for example...

that works to about 200 USD per month or 6.66 USD per day

Is my math correct?

You're setting up another location now?  I thought you were maxed out? Smiley

Yes, I think your math is correct.

MinerParts - 8 GPU Riserless motherboard with Intel 3855 CPU - 1600w fully modular power supply
Best quality PCIe Powered Risers Shop on Amazon - Shop on eBay - or ship direct at MinerParts.com <- best for international or crypto purchases
Pages: « 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 ... 594 »
  Print  

Jump to: