Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:01:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Smartcoin Linux mining administration. [MULTI-MACHINE SUPPORT NOW IN!]  (Read 104964 times)
jondecker76 (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 07:32:56 AM

When specifying failover order (option 12 on the control screen), you don't have to specify every profile on the list (for example, if it shows the current failover order of 15 profiles, you can still just enter 3 comma-separated values to specify the failover order of those 3 profiles.  Any profiles not specified in the comma-separated list will automatically be added to the end of the failover order, in the order that the profile was created.

I don't see a reason in excluding a profile from the failover system.  I have seen my own system go 4 levels deep into the failover system while multiple pools were being ddos'd.  Surely having somewhere to put your hashes is better than having nowhere to put them?  I guess its possible to add code to not include specially marked profiles to the failover, I just don't see a real reason why anyone would need to do this - though please share your thoughts, perhaps there are reasons that I'm not thinking of

RollerBot Advanced Trading Platform
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=447727.0
BTC Donations for development: 1H36oTJsi3adFh68wwzz95tPP2xoAoTmhC

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
krzynek1

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 07:38:34 AM

reason behind that is when launching so many instances per card may crash system i think

previously my system was installed on usb flash and when smartcoin was launching many profiles my system wasnt responding any more

now im on hdd, maybe that situation will never happen again
jondecker76 (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 07:45:19 AM

Newer revisions of smartcoin no longer have this problem, as the failover data in the database is cleared each restart now, so it will always start now with only one profile loaded.

Also,  I have tested 30 instances running with no problems on an old P4 miner with 1GB of memory.  If it ever becomes an issue, I can probably make a setting where you can specify the maximum levels deep the failover system will go, but I don't forsee any problems for now at least

krzynek1

Activity: 41

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 08:01:45 AM

in my case maybe it was issue with no swap file on usb

now on hdd, there is no problem to start 20+ workers at one time

thanks for reply
xen82

Activity: 22

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 08:18:51 AM

After the latest updates things have been looking great for me (with perhaps only recent high level or stales, but that most probably is Phoenix r112's fault). Anyways I was wondering when will you be implementing multi-machine support. I plan on deploying a couple new rigs in the near future and would ABSOLUTELY LOVE to be able to monitor and control everything from one place Tongue
jondecker76 (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 08:28:25 AM

I'll finish the multi-machine support probably in about a week or just a bit longer (at least a rough initial implementation).  Most of what is needed is already in place, just hasn't been turned on yet.  I'll be doing this work in a special development branch so that I won't make the experimental branch users pull their hair out

One thing I am missing is an extra machine to test with, so if anyone has a spare miner laying around for me to test with and wouldn't mind giving me some ssh access to it for the next week or so and putting up with some down time on the machine, shoot me a PM!

plantucha

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2011, 08:40:13 AM

Update r488e now available
- --kill command line argument will kill smartcoin if running
- --delay command line argument will delay=# seconds before continuing with the rest of the program.  For example, if you ran:
Code:
smartcoin --kill --delay=15&
It would wait 15 seconds and then kill smartcoin (the & at the end makes the command do this in the background without haulting script execution).  This may be useful in your own custom scripts if you want to have some time to do things before killing smartcoin.
- New dynamic "Idle" profile.  From 5) Choose Profile, you can now select the special "Idle" profile to stop all hashing on all devices.  This will be useful for people who use the desktop to administer their system instead of SSH.
- Fixes the typo in the smartcoin.db backup file
- Word wrap is now turned off on the status screens (word wrap remains on for the control screen, however)
- The header is now much narrower to help with display on smaller devices. In the future I may add some additional logic to make a fuller display on normal 80-column terminals. Note: the new header display code uses the linux tput command to get the width of the terminal. I don't expect any dependency issues with this as I think it should be standard on pretty much all distros, but please post here if you get any errors related to "tput"

Idle problem
Stress test:
1. I overclocked too high 950 instead usual 900
2. in 2 minutes  G3 lockup
3. in 7 minutes lockup detection killed miners
4. and restart them
5. but to <<IDLE>> profile except CPU miner
6. hanging in IDLE

Code:

~$ aticonfig --od-setclocks=950,1050 --adapter=all

Adapter 0 - AMD Radeon HD 6700 Series
            New Core Peak   : 950
            New Memory Peak : 1050

Adapter 1 - AMD Radeon HD 6700 Series

Adapter 2 - AMD Radeon HD 6700 Series

Adapter 3 - AMD Radeon HD 6700 Series
michal@rig:~$ smartcoin
Starting SmartCoin at location: /home/michal/smartcoin...
Running check
Re-attaching to smartcoin...
Smartcoin r479(experimental) Wed Jul 20 04:21:29 EDT 2011
---------------------------------------------------------
Host: localhost
G0: Temp °C: 71.00 Load: 99%
G1: Temp °C: 72.00 Load: 99%
G2: Temp °C: 72.00 Load: 99%
G3: Temp °C: 55.00 Load: 99%
CPU Load: 0.78%

Profile: Failover
--------BTCGuild--------
G0:     [219.11 MHash/s] [19 OK] [0 BAD] [0% BAD]
G1:     [219.00 MHash/s] [18 OK] [0 BAD] [0% BAD]
G2:     [219.10 MHash/s] [23 OK] [0 BAD] [0% BAD]
G3:     [207.52 MHash/s] [2 OK] [0 BAD] [0% BAD]
CP:     [20.8 MHash/s] [1 OK] [0 BAD] [0% BAD]
Total : [885.53 MHash/s] [63 OK] [0 BAD] [0% BAD]

Grand Total : [885.53 MHash/s] [63 OK] [0 BAD] [0% BAD]

Code:
07/20/11 04:30:50       ERROR: It appears that one or more of your devices have locked up.  This is most likely th$

07/20/11 04:30:50              It is recommended that you reduce your overclocking until you regain stability of t$

07/20/11 04:30:50              Below is a capture of the miner output which caused the error:

07/20/11 04:30:50       plantucha_gpuasdfghbtcguild.com8332BTCGuild
LAUNCH: python phoenix.py -v -u http://plantucha_gpu:asdfgh@btcguild.com:8332/ -
k phatk device=0 worksize=64 vectors aggression=13 bfi_int fastloop=false
Launching miner with launch string: python phoenix.py -v -u http://plantucha_gpu
:asdfgh@btcguild.com:8332/ -k phatk device=0 worksize=64 vectors aggression=13 b
fi_int fastloop=false

07/20/11 04:30:50       User lockup script found. Running lockup script.

07/20/11 04:30:50       Killing Miners....

07/20/11 04:30:54       Starting miner Miner.1!

07/20/11 04:30:54       Starting miner Miner.2!

07/20/11 04:30:54       Starting miner Miner.3!

07/20/11 04:30:54       Starting miner Miner.4!

07/20/11 04:30:54       Starting miner Miner.5!

07/20/11 04:30:55       Launching miner with launch string: python phoenix.py -v -u http://plantucha_gpu:asdfgh@bt$

07/20/11 04:30:55       Launching miner with launch string: python phoenix.py -v -u http://plantucha_gpu:asdfgh@bt$

07/20/11 04:30:55       Launching miner with launch string: ./cgminer -a 4way -t 6 -o http://btcguild.com:8332/ -u$

Code:
Smartcoin r479(experimental) Wed Jul 20 04:29:59 EDT 2011
Host: localhost
G0: Temp °C: 38.00 Load: 0%
G1: Temp °C: 40.00 Load: 0%
G2: Temp °C: 38.00 Load: 0%
G3: Temp °C: 55.00 Load: 99%
CPU Load: 0.78%

Profile: Failover
--------BTCGuild--------
G0:     <<<IDLE>>>
G1:     <<<IDLE>>>
G2:     <<<IDLE>>>
G3:     <<<IDLE>>>
CP:     [17.8 MHash/s] [1 OK] [0 BAD] [0% BAD]
Total : [17.8 MHash/s] [1 OK] [0 BAD] [0% BAD]

Grand Total : [17.80 MHash/s] [1 OK] [0 BAD] [0% BAD]

plantucha

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2011, 08:53:08 AM

Update r488e now available
- --kill command line argument will kill smartcoin if running
- --delay command line argument will delay=# seconds before continuing with the rest of the program.  For example, if you ran:
Code:
smartcoin --kill --delay=15&
It would wait 15 seconds and then kill smartcoin (the & at the end makes the command do this in the background without haulting script execution).  This may be useful in your own custom scripts if you want to have some time to do things before killing smartcoin.
- New dynamic "Idle" profile.  From 5) Choose Profile, you can now select the special "Idle" profile to stop all hashing on all devices.  This will be useful for people who use the desktop to administer their system instead of SSH.
- Fixes the typo in the smartcoin.db backup file
- Word wrap is now turned off on the status screens (word wrap remains on for the control screen, however)
- The header is now much narrower to help with display on smaller devices. In the future I may add some additional logic to make a fuller display on normal 80-column terminals. Note: the new header display code uses the linux tput command to get the width of the terminal. I don't expect any dependency issues with this as I think it should be standard on pretty much all distros, but please post here if you get any errors related to "tput"

I can't upgrade  r488
Miner is mining but upgrade just hangs.
If I kill it + restart, smartcoin is working fine until I'll try upgrade to R488
then it hangs again.

Code:
Smartcoin r479(experimental) Wed Jul 20 04:43:30 EDT 2011
Getting svn information. Please be patient...
Your current version is r479(experimental).
The current experimental version is r488
The current stable version is r452
Are you sure that you wish to perform an update?
y

Bring update script up to current...

Bring helper functions up to current...

manual svn update works fine

Code:
/smartcoin$ svn update http://smartcoin.googlecode.com/svn/branches/beta1/smartcoin ./  Skipped 'http://smartcoin.googlecode.com/svn/branches/beta1/smartcoin'
U    smartcoin_control.sh
U    smartcoin.sh
Conflict discovered in 'smartcoin_ops.sh'.

Select: (p) postpone, (df) diff-full, (e) edit,
        (mc) mine-conflict, (tc) theirs-conflict,
        (s) show all options: df
--- .svn/text-base/smartcoin_ops.sh.svn-base    Tue Jul 19 22:48:02 2011
+++ .svn/tmp/smartcoin_ops.sh.5.tmp     Wed Jul 20 04:54:11 2011
@@ -15,11 +15,25 @@
 fi
 . $CUR_LOCATION/sql_ops.sh

+# GLOBALS
+Q="SELECT value FROM settings WHERE data='dev_branch';"
+R=$(RunSQL "$Q")
+branch=$(Field 1 "$R")
+if [[ "$branch" == "stable" ]]; then
+       G_BRANCH="$branch"
+       G_BRANCH_ABBV="s"
+elif [[ "$branch" == "experimental" ]]; then
+       G_BRANCH="$branch"
+       G_BRANCH_ABBV="e"
+fi
+
+
+
 # SVN STUFF
 GetRevision() {
   Q="SELECT value FROM settings WHERE data='dev_branch';"
   local branch=$(RunSQL "$Q")
-  echo $(svn info $CUR_LOCATION/ | grep "^Revision" | awk '{print $2}')"($branch)"
+  echo $(svn info $CUR_LOCATION/ | grep "^Revision" | awk '{print $2}')
 }

GetRepo() {
@@ -88,8 +102,16 @@
 }

ShowHeader() {
-       echo "smartcoin Management System r$REVISION"    $(date)
-       echo "--------------------------------------------------------------------------------"
+<<<<<<< .mine
+       echo "Smartcoin r$REVISION"    $(date)
+       echo "---------------------------------------------------------"
+=======
+       echo "Smartcoin r$REVISION$G_BRANCH_ABBV" $(date "+%T")
+       local cols=$(tput cols)
+       for i in $(seq $cols); do echo -n "-"; done
+
+       #echo "----------------------"
+>>>>>>> .r488
 }

@@ -227,6 +249,9 @@
                # Generate the FieldArray via DonateProfile
                Log "Generating Donation Profile"
                FieldArray=$(GenDonationProfile "$thisMachine")
+  elif [[ "$thisProfile" == "-4" ]]; then
+    # Generate a blank Field array for the "idle" profile
+    FieldArray=""
        elif [[ "$thisProfile" == "-3" ]]; then
                # Generate the FieldArray via Failover
                FieldArray=$(GenFailoverProfile "$thisMachine")
@@ -569,6 +594,8 @@

if [[ "$Donate" ]]; then
                echo "Donation (via AutoDonate)  - $Donate minutes remaining."
+       elif [[ "$thisProfile" == "-4" ]]; then
+               echo "Idle"
        elif [[ "$thisProfile" == "-3" ]]; then
                echo "Failover"
        elif [[ "$thisProfile" == "-2" ]]; then
Select: (p) postpone, (df) diff-full, (e) edit, (r) resolved,
        (mc) mine-conflict, (tc) theirs-conflict,
        (s) show all options: mc
G    smartcoin_ops.sh
Updated to revision 488.
Summary of conflicts:
  Skipped paths: 1
jondecker76 (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 09:06:18 AM

plantucha:
regarding your stress test - it looks like everything is happening exactly as it should.  Your GPUs are locked up, and when the restart of the miners happens, they just hang (resulting in the IDLE message)  This is where in your lockup.sh script, you should do a reboot of the system and send yourself an email (perhaps by creating a file the first time, and if it happens again, then do the reboot even)  Even though it was GPU3 that tripped the lockup condition, during those 7 minutes the other GPU's probably had locked up as well.

Regarding the hanging update, this can happen if googleCode's server is down temporarily or reacting slowly.  I've had it hang there for several minutes before being able to contact google's svn servers sometimes. (it does more than just an svn update, it gets other information such as specific revision number of the version file, the head and stable revision numbers, etc. so sometimes it does take a while) I should probably ping the server before I attempt to do the svn update, and tell the user to try again later.  When this happens to me, i usually ctrl+c to kill the control script, then hit 'o' to open it again, then try the update again.

plantucha

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2011, 09:43:53 AM

plantucha:
regarding your stress test - it looks like everything is happening exactly as it should.  Your GPUs are locked up, and when the restart of the miners happens, they just hang (resulting in the IDLE message)  This is where in your lockup.sh script, you should do a reboot of the system and send yourself an email (perhaps by creating a file the first time, and if it happens again, then do the reboot even)  Even though it was GPU3 that tripped the lockup condition, during those 7 minutes the other GPU's probably had locked up as well.

Can you post sample of lockup.sh script please?

I will probably manage to reboot it.
But create file and sending email is out of my possibilities.  Cry
sharky112065

Activity: 383
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 10:05:45 AM

plantucha:

Can you post sample of lockup.sh script please?

I will probably manage to reboot it.
But create file and sending email is out of my possibilities.  Cry

+1 to that.

Maybe you could include a "sample.lockup.sh" script, that we can remove the "#" char's from the lines we want to run. Then all we have to do is either use it as an example to create our own, or just rename to "lockup.sh".

Maybe include it in the next stable update?

Donations welcome: 12KaKtrK52iQjPdtsJq7fJ7smC32tXWbWr
jondecker76 (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 11:03:57 AM
Last edit: July 20, 2011, 11:18:57 AM by jondecker76

Here is some info on how to create your own custom "lockup.sh" script.

First, lets talk about rebooting..  Under Linux, normal users can't issue a reboot command without sudo and entering a password. While this won't be an issue for some as they already installed as root, for those that are running without root privileges it presents a problem as the  user might not be there when the script wants a password entered..  The way to allow a user to use the reboot command without a password is to do the following:
Code:
sudo visudo
This will open up a file in a special editor.  You need to add a line to the bottom of this file that looks like:
Code:
username ALL=NOPASSWD: /sbin/reboot
For example, my line looks like this:
Code:
jondecker76 ALL=NOPASSWD: /sbin/reboot

(press ctrl + x when finished editing the file)

This will allow a normal user to run the reboot command WITHOUT having to use a password (though the command must still be prepended by 'sudo')

Ok, now that you can reboot from the cli without a password, lets make a simple lockup script:
1) Create a file, lockup.sh in the smartcoin directory

2) Lets give it some contents:
Code:
#!/bin/bash

# Reboot the computer because of the lockup condition
sudo reboot

3) We need to make sure the script is executable
Code:
chmod +x ~/smartcoin/lockup.sh
(change the path accordingly, but most people install smartcoin to ~/smartcoin)

Thats it!  When a lockup is found, the computer will now reboot its self. Assuming that you have smartcoin setup to start automatically on startup, then the computer will reboot, and smartcoin will continue on its merry way.

Perhaps you only want the computer to reboot after 2 lockups. We just need to change lockup.sh to something like:
Code:
#!/bin/bash

if [[ -f "/tmp/failed_once" ]]; then
     # We created /tmp/failed_once so we must have already failed once. Lets reboot!
     sudo reboot
else
     # /tmp/failed_once has not been created yet. Lets create it now so that if another lockup happens, we will know its the 2nd time!
     touch /tmp/failed_once
fi
Since the /tmp directory is cleared each reboot, once the reboot happens this will "reset" its self to needing 2 lockups to force a reboot again.

Perhaps you want to send yourself an email or text message when this happens so you can investigate. There are many ways to send an email, but I'll use sendemail for the example. (Most cellular carries have special email addresses for your account that will forward them to your phone as a text message, this allows you to send text messages via commandline email programs!)  For this example, I'm also using the gmail smtp relay (you need a gmail account to use their smtp relay, though you can use your ISP's smtp relay if you wish)

first, install the sendemail program and some dependencies:
Code:
sudo apt-get install sendemail libnet-ssleay-perl libio-socket-ssl-perl

Now, we just need to add some email stuff to the script:
Code:
#!/bin/bash

if [[ -f "/tmp/failed_once" ]]; then
     # Lets email ourselves!
     sendemail -f "Smartcoin@smartcoin.com" -t "you@you.com" -u "Lockup Detected!" -m "A lockup event was detected!  Machine is automatically rebooting!" -s "smtp.gmail.com" -o tls=yes -xu your_gmail_username -xp your_gmail_password
     # We created /tmp/failed_once so we must have already failed once. Lets reboot!
     sudo reboot
else
     # Lets email ourselves
     sendemail -f "Smartcoin@smartcoin.com" -t "you@you.com" -u "Lockup Detected!" -m "A lockup event was detected!  Smartcoin is going to restart the miners now, but if another lockup happens we will reboot!" -s "smtp.gmail.com" -o tls=yes -xu your_gmail_username -xp your_gmail_password
     # /tmp/failed_once has not been created yet. Lets create it now so that if another lockup happens, we will know its the 2nd time!
     touch /tmp/failed_once
fi
Notes:
- Replace 'you@you.com' with the email address you wish to receive the message. 
- the from (-f) parameter can contain any email address, even your own.  Of course, smartcoin@smartcoin.com is just an example - its doesn't exist, but it will work
- If you use a different smtp server than google, you  may or may not need the "-o tls=yes" part, depending on what smtp server you use.

One last thing.. I mentioned text messages.  Here is a brief list of carriers and what email address you need to send to for you to receive a text on your cell phone:

jondecker76 (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 11:14:32 AM

Off to bed for a while - had a long night at work!

Rob P.

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2011, 02:28:33 PM

Just adding my 0.02 BTC here...

This condition *could* be handled in a custom failure script (lockup.sh).  When run, you shutdown Smartcoin (you've lost your Internet, you're not getting work and your miners are idle anyhow).  Your script runs in a loop performing a ping looking for when the network comes back.  When it comes back, you execute "smartcoin --silent" and fire it back up.  Yes, this would loop indefinitely if you've actually got a lock up...  You could add a condition to see how long it has been since you ran it last, and if too short of a time, take the reboot option...

Just thinking out loud.

yeah, I was thinking of something like that. Or also smartcoin could attempt to ping known good hosts in the event it "thinks" the cards are locked-up. It is a very very rare occurrence that all 4 cards would be locked up at the same time! In the meantime, how do I disable the lockup detection or action, add an empty "lockup.sh" script?

Thanks.

As a developer, I'd be reluctant to add network detection failure to my mining software, just because it would seem out of the core functionality of Smartcoin itself and adds bloat, especially because Jon is doing all of this in bash scripting.  I would leave it up to the user to figure out if they have a network problem or not.  GPU failure detection is within the core, so it makes sense to have Smartcoin do that and then provide hooks to allow the user to take actions.

--

If you like what I've written here, consider tipping the messenger:
1GZu4CtHa6ai8iWoWiVFxV5VVoNte4SkoG

If you don't like what I've written, send me a Tip and I'll stop talking.
Slasklitta

Activity: 53

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 02:46:48 PM

Hey! I just started using smartcoin today. But my second GPU wont run!

This is what i get when i try to launch it in Phoenix
Code:
miner@miner-MS-7642:~$ startminer.sh 1
ATI Overdrive(TM) enabled
ERROR - Set clocks failed for Adapter 1 - ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series
        Please check that input values were valid
Startming Miner: 1
[20/07/2011 16:44:42] FATAL kernel error: Failed to apply BFI_INT patch to kernel! Is BFI_INT supported on this hardware?
miner@miner-MS-7642:~$
jondecker76 (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 04:23:03 PM

@jondecker76

For reboot, I recommend something like this
Code:
sudo su
echo 1 > /proc/sys/kernel/sysrq
echo s > /proc/sysrq-trigger
echo b > /proc/sysrq-trigger
as most GPU lock up will stuck on sudo reboot command. but I am not sure how to run that as root, something like sudo echo 1 > /proc/sys/kernel/sysrq doesn't seem to work.

When I tested the functioning of lockup detection here, I would purposely lock up 3 GPUs by extreme overclocking - the reboot command always still worked just fine (my miner is at a friends house quite a ways away so I always have to depend on the reboot command).  So far on every test I've done, reboot has always worked.

jondecker76 (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 04:31:48 PM

Code:
[20/07/2011 16:44:42] FATAL kernel error: Failed to apply BFI_INT patch to kernel! Is BFI_INT supported on this hardware?

This is definitely a configuration problem with phoenix or a problem with your card. I think the 5800 should support BFI_INT.   I also see that you have an aticonfig error on this GPU as well. This almost looks like a fried card to me. You could edit your startminer.sh script and remove the bfi_int flag and see if it helps.  I would also run some aticonfig commands manually and see if it talks to the card properly.

jondecker76 (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 05:04:53 PM

Update r489e is now available:
- Fixes a bug with default selections (thanks hipaulshi).

jondecker76 (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 05:06:24 PM

On one of my rig running this, it has weird issues. When I update a worker, the assigned pool # will show up increased by one than it actually is assigned to. Sometimes this happens to miner assignment as well.

Are you talking about the pre-filled in selection while editing?

Code:
Smartcoin r488e 09:42:39
EDIT PROFILE INSTANCE

1) GPU[0] - BTCGuild USEAST.btcguild_useast - phoenix
2) GPU[0] - BTCguild USWEST.btcguild_uswest - phoenix
3) GPU[0] - BTCguild USWEST.btcguild_uswest - phoenix
4) GPU[0] - BTCguild USWEST.btcguild_uswest - phoenix
5) GPU[1] - BTCGuild USEAST.btcguild_useast - phoenix
6) GPU[1] - BTCguild USWEST.btcguild_uswest - phoenix
7) GPU[1] - BTCguild USWEST.btcguild_uswest - phoenix
8) GPU[1] - BTCguild USWEST.btcguild_uswest - phoenix
9) GPU[2] - BTCGuild USEAST.btcguild_useast - phoenix
10) GPU[2] - BTCguild USWEST.btcguild_uswest - phoenix
11) GPU[2] - BTCguild USWEST.btcguild_uswest - phoenix
12) GPU[2] - BTCguild USWEST.btcguild_uswest - phoenix
Which instance above do you want to edit?

1) phoenix
2) poclbm
Please select the miner from the list above to use with this instance

1) BTCGuild USEAST.lab0
2) BTCGuild USEAST.lab1
3) BTCGuild USEAST.lab2
4) DeepBit.deepbit_lab0
5) DeepBit.deepbit_lab1
6) DeepBit.deepbit_lab2
7) MtRed.mtred_1
8) MtRed.mtred_2
9) BTCGuild USEAST.btcguild_useast
10) BTCguild USCENTRAL.btcguild_uscentral
11) BTCguild USWEST.btcguild_uswest
12) DeepBit.deepbit
13) MtRed.mtred_0
14) Bitcoin.cz (slush).slush
15) MtRed.mtred
16) Eligius.eligius_lab
17) BTCguild USWEST.btcguild_uswest2
Please select the pool worker from the list above to use with this instance

When editing profile, instance 12 should be associated with worker 11, but instead is showing associated with worker 12. If I just hit enter, it will be associated with deepbit instead of btcguild_uswest. This only happens to one of my rig though.

Thankyou for the excellent report - it contained exactly the information that I needed to zero in on the problem

Can you try the new r489e update, and let me know if it fixes your problem?

Thanks!

Slasklitta

Activity: 53

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 06:21:40 PM

Code:

This is definitely a configuration problem with phoenix or a problem with your card. I think the 5800 should support BFI_INT.   I also see that you have an aticonfig error on this GPU as well. This almost looks like a fried card to me. You could edit your startminer.sh script and remove the bfi_int flag and see if it helps.  I would also run some aticonfig commands manually and see if it talks to the card properly.

Yeah, but the card works fine in windows :S Ill try to remove the BFI_INT flag
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: