Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 07:54:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Smartcoin Linux mining administration. [MULTI-MACHINE SUPPORT NOW IN!]  (Read 104963 times)
cirz8

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2011, 07:12:59 PM

As far as I have read, the Sapphire Xtreme 5850's do not allow you to Bios overvolt via RBE..  Trixx is the only reliable method.  I could be wrong.
AOCLBF https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=10264.0 is also able to overclock/volt the Sapphire Xtreme 5850's.  Cool
aticonfig works in linux.

Running my Xtreme's in the range of 950-990 on stock voltage.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
plantucha

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2011, 10:02:13 PM

anybody tested
SDK 2.5 ?
jondecker76 (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 03, 2011, 02:23:34 PM
Last edit: August 03, 2011, 11:33:42 PM by jondecker76

Multi-Machine support release!

Update r636e now available!
- Not everything is done that I wanted, but multi-machine support is in!
- All communications are securely tunneled through SSH via uniquely generated keys (every installation has their own unique public/private keys generated)
- Added a 'Log' tab to the smartcoin screen session which tails the smartcoin.log to make it easier to see whats going on
- If you are running a custom lockup.sh script,  the machine number firing the lockup is passed as the first parameter so you can alert yourself of which machine caused the problem, take different actions based on machine number, etc...

KNOWN ISSUES WITH MULTI-MACHINE SUPPORT:
- during auto detection run, the updatedb command fails.  I'd recommend running it yourself on the remote machine before hand
- If a remote machine normally runs smartcoin as root (with sudo - Linuxcoin would be an example of this), then when setting up a remote machine from Configure Machines, you must use the username 'root'.  This also means that the remote machine must have a root password for this to work.  To set up a root password, on the remote machine (before setting up the machine entry on the control screen):
Code:
sudo su
passwd
then enter a password twice.  You can now set up the remote machine in Smartcoin using the 'root' user

- When editing a machine, you can select to disable it.  The disabled flag DOES work, however a restart of smartcoin is required to see the disabled flag (I.e. if 'Machine#3' is running, and you go to Edit Machines and change its disabled flag to yes, then the status display for screen #3 will stay there until a restart of smartcoin is performed.

- Things aren't yet optimized on the multi-machine side of things, and a lot of live database queries are going on. This isn't an issue, but may show as a little extra CPU usage and or slow refreshes on the remote machines. Optimizations to this part of the code will happen once I see how it works for everyone.

- detected phoenix installations on remote machines default to poclbm kernel. You can Configure Miners->Edit for the machine, and change it manually to phatk if you want (will work on fixing soon)

- cgminer autodetection isn't working currently, but you can always add the entry manually for now.

- The multi-machine functionality was made with local LAN networks in mind, but it will work with a host across the internet - just don't expect blazing refresh speeds if you use a remote host across the internet.

- The <<<FAILED>>> status message is disabled for now until I can make a multi-machine safe way to determine if a miner session launched successfully or not

A BIG BIG BIG thanks to EnzoMatrix, krzynek1 and plantucha for allowing me remote access to their machines.  I did some test on all of these machines and everything appears to be working.  I did my best to keep their downtime to a bare minimum

Please give it a try, and report your problems or successes. The sooner we verify how things work on different installations, the sooner I can get to optimizing and fixing the newest problems.

RollerBot Advanced Trading Platform
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=447727.0
BTC Donations for development: 1H36oTJsi3adFh68wwzz95tPP2xoAoTmhC
jondecker76 (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2011, 03:18:43 PM

Update r638 now available!
- Autodetection routine now assumes phatk kernel is available on phoenix installs (only ancient phoenix installs don't have the phatk kernel available).  The phatk kernel is now the default on any new auto-detected phoenix install (though you can allways go to Edit Miners from the control screen and change it to poclbm if you want)

- 'updatedb' should run correctly remotely now during autodetect (without tty errors)

- The hardstatus line at the bottom of the miner instances is back, and now even works on remote machines

- Some small low-level changes that let me add extra flags to the SSH communications for some commands.

Clipse

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 04, 2011, 05:00:25 PM

Hey john

Have you been able to iron out the poclbm issue yet ? Cheesy

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
Clipse

View Profile
August 04, 2011, 09:42:56 PM

How do you update to experimental versions ?

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
jondecker76 (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2011, 10:15:02 PM

Hey john

I'm working midnights tonight (12 hour shifts), so I'll probably work on the poclbm issue in the morning when I get home (about 0630 EST.

To upgrade to the experimental version, go to the control screen, Edit Settings. There is a setting there for setting the development branch. Simply change it from 'stable' to 'experimental'. You can then go to the update option and run the update. (You'll likely have to run the  update a 2nd time after restarting smartcoin, as there was a breakpoint update at r607)

Clipse

View Profile
August 04, 2011, 10:42:16 PM

Hey john

I'm working midnights tonight (12 hour shifts), so I'll probably work on the poclbm issue in the morning when I get home (about 0630 EST.

To upgrade to the experimental version, go to the control screen, Edit Settings. There is a setting there for setting the development branch. Simply change it from 'stable' to 'experimental'. You can then go to the update option and run the update. (You'll likely have to run the  update a 2nd time after restarting smartcoin, as there was a breakpoint update at r607)

Damn thats hectic hours, get rest rather Smiley

jondecker76 (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2011, 11:08:29 PM

After updating to the latest experimental release, you may want to try poclbm again, as I have disabled the <<<FAIL>>> message for now

Clipse

View Profile
August 05, 2011, 02:37:32 AM

After updating to the latest experimental release, you may want to try poclbm again, as I have disabled the <<<FAIL>>> message for now

poclbm doesnt display info in dashboard, just shows down Wink

jondecker76 (OP)

View Profile
August 05, 2011, 11:19:01 AM

Update r642e now available

- Small change in the smartcoin.xml file that is generated each refresh and placed in /tmp...  There will now be an xml file for each machine, named "smartcoin.<machine>.xml; i.e. smartcoin.1.xml, smartcoin.2.xml, and so on...

- Poclbm now working (poclbm underwent command-line paramater changes, and display changes since I had last seen it - therefore, only the "newer" poclbm versions which have these changes are supported.)

Note: I haven't yet updated the default launch string for new autodetections. Does anyone that uses poclbm have a suggestion for a generic sane default? I used the following launch string to test it out (anyone updating and trying to run poclbm will have to change their launch string to something similar via Configure Miners->Edit->Machine->poclbm)
Code:
python <#path#>poclbm.py -d <#device#> -v -w 128 -f0 http://<#user#>:<#pass#>@<#server#>:<#port#>

Clipse

View Profile
August 05, 2011, 01:11:33 PM

great poclbm working Smiley

plantucha

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2011, 07:54:09 PM

lately , since about 2 versions back
monitor screen doesn't work well.

sometimes in case of failover it take to 1 minute to display 2 profiles,
it just showing starting miners.

and now miners are running ok.
server receiving everything but monitor screen stuck for 3 hours now
and showing only starting miners.

I didn't touch it so you can see yourself @ssh.
jondecker76 (OP)

View Profile
August 05, 2011, 10:24:09 PM

i ssh'd in, and it was running fine, so I must have missed it (or you may have reset it).
Just to test, I manually cycled through a few of your manual profiles and was unable to reproduce Sad
Could have just been a fluke?  I'll do some failover tests my manually blocking out a pool with iptables on my machine just to make sure there isn't some new problem, but for now its hard to say what caused the problem you witnessed.

plantucha

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2011, 10:49:10 PM

i ssh'd in, and it was running fine, so I must have missed it (or you may have reset it).
Just to test, I manually cycled through a few of your manual profiles and was unable to reproduce Sad
Could have just been a fluke?  I'll do some failover tests my manually blocking out a pool with iptables on my machine just to make sure there isn't some new problem, but for now its hard to say what caused the problem you witnessed.

now i can see
I'm looking at screen with logs
not monitor screen

0-$ control  1$ localhost  (2*$Log)

so i'm reporting feature not bug Smiley
My bad

before ctrl+a switched between control an monitor, now control and log Smiley

ctrl a 1
fixed it

jondecker76 (OP)

View Profile
August 05, 2011, 10:54:01 PM

Could have just been a fluke?  I'll do some failover tests my manually blocking out a pool with iptables on my machine just to make sure there isn't some new problem, but for now its hard to say what caused the problem you witnessed.

now i can see
I'm looking at screen with logs
not monitor screen

0-$ control  1$ localhost  (2*$Log)

so i'm reporting feature not bug Smiley
My bad

before ctrl+a switched between control an monitor, now control and log Smiley

Aah, yep - thats the new log tab Smiley
I normally use ctrl+a 0, ctrl+a 1, ctrl+a 2, etc. to switch directly to a window. You can also use ctrl+a p for previous window, and ctrl+a n for next window.

A tip for the log window - you can use ctrl+a [ to switch to a scrolling mode where you can scroll through the log, then press escape when you are done with scrolling mode Smiley

jondecker76 (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2011, 12:48:31 AM

Updates r643s / r643e available
- Bringing stable branch current with experimental.  While there are still a few known issues with the new multi-machine support, it is running very stable and I've had very few reports on new issues.
A note to people using the stable branch - You will have to run the update to get to r607 (it was a partial update with a breakpoint). Then restart smartcoin, and run the update again to get to r643 - restart smartcoin one last time and you're live with the newest additions!

Jessi

Activity: 333
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2011, 02:29:37 AM

I have copied from the linuxcoin-thread, to keep this where it shoud be. ;-)

have everything up and running since some days and I am very happy with LinuxCoin. Smiley Really good work. Thank you for that!!

Anyway I still have some little questions.

One is regarding a little error which seem not to affect the mining process, but anyway I would like to know if this is normal behavior or if I can do anything to fix it.
During mining with smartcoin failover sometimes appearing this:
Code:
/opt/smartcoin/smartcoin_status.sh: line 151: [[: 10 10 10: syntax error in exp)

What does that mean?

Its caused from multiple entries being present in the database (this was from a bug, there should have only been one entry in the database). It is fixed in latest experimental releases, and I'd recommend that you update by:
1) Go to the control screen -> Edit Settings then change the development branch from 'stable' to 'experimental'
2) Use the Update function from the control screen - this should take give you a partial update to r607.  Restart smartcoin and run the  update again to go from r607 to the latest release.  There are many many new features and improvements (including a completely revamped settings engine, multi-machine support, poclbm support and a lot more).  Not only will you have the latest code, but your multiple database entries will be fixed in the process!

Feel free to post any smartcoin related questions in the smartcoin thread as I monitor it closely for support issues!
Thank you for your answer. I have done the update and the version is now 607s but the error is still there.

www.Bitcoin-Tools.de - Price Alert & Calculator [OUTDATED!]
A little tool to keep you informed or wake you up, if Mt.Gox reaches a defined price level and a calculator to convert  BTC or USD based on live Prices. It´s not working any more, because of Mt.Gox... but it was fun to code that time... keeping this link just for reminding... Thanks to everyone for donations done that time!
BTC: 1BQTankpeCZict849JRHxxYFnwZARV3YX7 | LTC: LecEsSJMYZK7wk493QvyNzA4BxHpXviAEA | PPC: PQdjfxTbjnXThwJ5bbEgJkc9GZcKpib9DM
jondecker76 (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2011, 02:34:42 AM

I have copied from the linuxcoin-thread, to keep this where it shoud be. ;-)

have everything up and running since some days and I am very happy with LinuxCoin. Smiley Really good work. Thank you for that!!

Anyway I still have some little questions.

One is regarding a little error which seem not to affect the mining process, but anyway I would like to know if this is normal behavior or if I can do anything to fix it.
During mining with smartcoin failover sometimes appearing this:
Code:
/opt/smartcoin/smartcoin_status.sh: line 151: [[: 10 10 10: syntax error in exp)

What does that mean?

Its caused from multiple entries being present in the database (this was from a bug, there should have only been one entry in the database). It is fixed in latest experimental releases, and I'd recommend that you update by:
1) Go to the control screen -> Edit Settings then change the development branch from 'stable' to 'experimental'
2) Use the Update function from the control screen - this should take give you a partial update to r607.  Restart smartcoin and run the  update again to go from r607 to the latest release.  There are many many new features and improvements (including a completely revamped settings engine, multi-machine support, poclbm support and a lot more).  Not only will you have the latest code, but your multiple database entries will be fixed in the process!

Feel free to post any smartcoin related questions in the smartcoin thread as I monitor it closely for support issues!
Thank you for your answer. I have done the update and the version is now 607s but the error is still there.

Run one more update - this should bring you to r643 (r607 is termed a "breakpoint update", which means its an update which requires a smartcoin restart before updating beyond this point. I will be making this more clear in the future, and possibly even automating the process of restarting smartcoin and continuing the update).
After this update, a restart of smartcoin should fix the problem. There is new database validation and sanity checking code in changes made after r607 which will automatically fix this issue.

Please report back and let me know how it goes

Jessi

Activity: 333
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2011, 04:00:20 PM

Run one more update - this should bring you to r643 (r607 is termed a "breakpoint update", which means its an update which requires a smartcoin restart before updating beyond this point. I will be making this more clear in the future, and possibly even automating the process of restarting smartcoin and continuing the update).
After this update, a restart of smartcoin should fix the problem. There is new database validation and sanity checking code in changes made after r607 which will automatically fix this issue.

Please report back and let me know how it goes
Yes, thank you. Now the message seem not appearing any more.

Sometimes I have another message in the line right after a GPU-name: <<<idle>>>
And in some rare cases, allmost if I use as GPU-MHz something above 900 MHz (using AMDOverdriveCtrl or aticonfig instead) the CPU goes up to 100% and all GPUs are changing to <<<idle>>>. In this case I found as only solution a complete reboot via putty/ssh.

If I leave it on GPU 900MHz and Mem 840Mhz this does not happen, only sometimes a single GPU is short time on <<<idle>>>.

If I do mining via script and not via smartcoin this behavior do not appear.

What does this mean and how can I prevent this?

As some people are telling that 910:840 and agression=7 is the best (refer this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=25798.0;all - the guy who told this has exactly the same config as I have), I would like to do that also, because he makes about 450 MH/s each GPU and I make only 350.

www.Bitcoin-Tools.de - Price Alert & Calculator [OUTDATED!]
A little tool to keep you informed or wake you up, if Mt.Gox reaches a defined price level and a calculator to convert  BTC or USD based on live Prices. It´s not working any more, because of Mt.Gox... but it was fun to code that time... keeping this link just for reminding... Thanks to everyone for donations done that time!
BTC: 1BQTankpeCZict849JRHxxYFnwZARV3YX7 | LTC: LecEsSJMYZK7wk493QvyNzA4BxHpXviAEA | PPC: PQdjfxTbjnXThwJ5bbEgJkc9GZcKpib9DM
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: