Bitcoin Forum
November 20, 2017, 12:34:33 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 [1326] 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 ... 2138 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3008667 times)
soy
Legendary

Activity: 1134

Crypterium - Digital Mobile Cryptobank For Everyon

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 07:32:52 PM

and i am not crying about GHash
iam crying about cores and errors and beagleboards

Did you try switching pools? I had over 10% hardware errors (as reported by bertmod) and many cores disabling. After I switched from Eligius it went down to 1.2% with no cores disabling. Many people have reported similar findings.

That was the entire point the HW errors were known to be on Eligius. They weren't present on other pools like BTCGuild. We used the miner I had taken to the states and pointed them at both. We had ~14% on Eligius, and ~1.5% on BTCGuild with the same device. Whizzkid had known about this and was trying to solve the issue, we sent him a box to do so, in the end one of our software engineers had an idea he wanted to try and did so over the weekend.

I see what you are saying about hardware errors but how does the return compare.  Anyone with two similar miners tried pointing one at Eligius and the other elsewhere that reports fewer HW errors and see if the lower HW rate actually effectively means anything?  I was in Walmart the other day, looked at two large packages of toilet paper and wondered which was cheaper.  I pretty much knew but took out my cellphone/calculator and did the math.  The shelf label on one said like 7.7cents per unit cost and the other 6.6 cents per unit cost while doing the math shows one was 77cents per roll and the other 66 cents per roll.  So, the labels were off by an order of magnitude unless there are only 10 sheets of paper per roll and that isn't the case.  Is what's being reported accurate?

░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░░░▄███████████▄
░░░░▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░▀██▄
░░░██▀░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░▀██
░░██▀░░▄██▀▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
██▀░░██▀░░▄▄▄▄░░▀▀
██▀░░██░░▄██▀▀▀█▄
██░░██░░██▀
██░░▀▀░░██
██░░▄▄░░██
██░░██░░██▄
██▄░░██░░▀██▄▄▄█▀
██▄░░██▄░░▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░██▄░░▀██▄▄▄▄▄░░▀▀
░░░██▄░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░▄██
░░░░▀██▄▄░░░░░░░░▄██▀
░░░░░░▀███████████▀
░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀

░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░░░▄███████████▄
░░░░▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░▀██▄
░░░██▀░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░▀██
░░██▀░░▄██▀▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
██▀░░██▀░░▄▄▄▄░░▀▀
██▀░░██░░▄██▀▀▀█▄
██░░██░░██▀
██░░▀▀░░██
██░░▄▄░░██
██░░██░░██▄
██▄░░██░░▀██▄▄▄█▀
██▄░░██▄░░▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░██▄░░▀██▄▄▄▄▄░░▀▀
░░░██▄░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░▄██
░░░░▀██▄▄░░░░░░░░▄██▀
░░░░░░▀███████████▀
░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀

▀  Twitter
▀  Telegram
▀  Facebook
▀  ANN Thread
▀  Whitepaper
▀  Website

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Avenger

Activity: 798

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 07:33:56 PM

KnC are a shit company.

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938

LIR DEV

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 08:14:23 PM

Sell your miner then.  You just sit here & whine & cry & lie.
At the time October orders were offered on June 2nd, Jupiters were guaranteed to be 350 gigahash... upped it to 400 on june 26th  you got over 400. Those are the facts.
KNC also continued to do RMA's despite that email you posted, that's not even yours.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1624

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 08:17:45 PM

At the time October orders were sold out, Jupiters were guaranteed to be 350 gigahash... you got over 400. Those are the facts.
KNC also continued to do RMA's despite that email you posted, that's not even yours.

I was being ironic. I luv KnC!!!

Thank you for proving yourself once more that you are a tard!

iCEBREAKER is a troll! He and cypherdoc helped HashFast scam 50 Million $ from its customers !
H/w Hosting Directory & Reputation - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=622998.0
matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 08:30:03 PM

At the time October orders were sold out, Jupiters were guaranteed to be 350 gigahash... you got over 400. Those are the facts.

I was being ironic. I luv KnC!!!

Thank you for proving yourself once more that you are a tard!

Paid shill IMO.  As no one would put in so much effort over falsities compared to average opinion for nothing.

vesperwillow

Activity: 616

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 08:36:29 PM

Something to keep in mind:

They originally were marketed at X hash rate, and ended up averaging over 500 which a lot of people then used as a platform to sweep away issues. Example, "stop complaining, is it more than the advertised price? Then you'refine".

That's fine and all--until KNC starts using the new average hash speeds, as the advertised price. Which they did.

Which is why we still have people complaining. What was promised for the first run was less than what was delivered--awesome. However, there are folks complaining about the issues after those first few orders. So I can understand why some folks are angry.

The company took the stance of "well this is the new standard". So if it's the new standard--even if it's an October unit--some folks are displeased if they're stuck in the 400's, and rightly so.

matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 08:41:31 PM

Something to keep in mind:

They originally were marketed at X hash rate, and ended up averaging over 500 which a lot of people then used as a platform to sweep away issues. Example, "stop complaining, is it more than the advertised price? Then you'refine".

That's fine and all--until KNC starts using the new average hash speeds, as the advertised price. Which they did.

Which is why we still have people complaining. What was promised for the first run was less than what was delivered--awesome. However, there are folks complaining about the issues after those first few orders. So I can understand why some folks are angry.

The company took the stance of "well this is the new standard". So if it's the new standard--even if it's an October unit--some folks are displeased if they're stuck in the 400's, and rightly so.

Well the twenty-four hour average hashrate for our November Jupiter is up to and around 700GH/s.  While it was advertised at 650GH/s so yes we're very happy.  Our day one October Jupiter had a dead board and they replaced it within a week.  So even tho we lost around 5BTC during the wait they still fixed it promptly.

The Avenger

Activity: 798

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 08:46:59 PM

Who'd buy a fucking broken piece of shit miner? I wouldn't sell it pretending it was working, like some might.

And lie? When did I lie? Like you told everyone you got free boards from knc and then started to say you didn't? That kind of lie? Liar?

You really need to crawl out of knc's ass you sad little gimp.

you got over 400. Those are the facts.

Wow, I didn't even notice that once again you told ME what I got!! That's funny. Even when I told you what I actually "got". What is wrong with your knc bought and paid for brain buddy? It's definitely a "development" issue. Maybe knc or the aliens can get in their and reprogram - this Phoenix1969 batch went badly wrong. Here's hoping for the Phoenix1970 firmware.

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 08:55:32 PM

Seriously. Avg 700 on ghash with basically no how errors. Certainly not losing 20gh except when running eligius. Since that has been repeated soooooo many times in this thread, anyone who was sitting on eligius losing hashes had nobody to blame but themselves.

I am tired of the trolls, I just don't get it. I've done spectacular returns with my jupiters, what a terrific choice going with knc compared to any other company. If you are just an angry nasty person who has to bitch constantly, you should just sell your machines. There are plenty of buyers out there still paying more than you spent initially, plus you will have mined a bunch of coin by now.

You're right avenger, I don't give a shit what happened to you. You fail at life, and things should go wrong for you. That's what happens to dirtbags. Yep, I'm a paid shill. I made BANK on knc. Suck it.
RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 08:58:59 PM

Seriously. Avg 700 on ghash with basically no how errors. Certainly not losing 20gh except when running eligius. Since that has been repeated soooooo many times in this thread, anyone who was sitting on eligius losing hashes had nobody to blame but themselves.

I am tired of the trolls, I just don't get it. I've done spectacular returns with my jupiters, what a terrific choice going with knc compared to any other company. If you are just an angry nasty person who has to bitch constantly, you should just sell your machines. There are plenty of buyers out there still paying more than you spent initially, plus you will have mined a bunch of coin by now.

You're right avenger, I don't give a shit what happened to you. You fail at life, and things should go wrong for you. That's what happens to dirtbags. Yep, I'm a paid shill. I made BANK on knc. Suck it.

Well said!

iCEBREAKER is a troll! He and cypherdoc helped HashFast scam 50 Million $ from its customers !
H/w Hosting Directory & Reputation - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=622998.0
merv77

Activity: 476

1.21 GIGA WATTS

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 09:00:56 PM

the problem seems to be only with November Jupiters, not that I have one

my October Jupiter runs 560GH/s and under 1% HW errors
forgot to mention at eligius
vesperwillow

Activity: 616

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 09:05:55 PM

This is another good example of everyone's situation being a little bit different. RJBTC did well, while others didn't. It isn't to say every Jupiter was done poorly, or that they were each done perfectly.

How is that hard to get?

On the other side of the coin, I also don't see the point in constantly whining about it.

Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 09:23:10 PM

The point got lost in his whining indeed, which was the point I was making itself...
He is costing us BTC by his constant rudeness when money-making information is being delivered.
Orama had no requirement to share that information, yet we got it.
He could have said nothing, and probably will say nothing next time because retarded pessimistic folks attack him every time he does.
Avenger's constant confrontational attitude to key people providing important information to us is a liability, period.

Kill the messenger   Kill the messenger   Kill the messenger Kill the messenger   Kill the messenger   Kill the messenger

It's pointless, unless you intentionally want us to do poorly.

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 09:23:55 PM

This is another good example of everyone's situation being a little bit different. RJBTC did well, while others didn't. It isn't to say every Jupiter was done poorly, or that they were each done perfectly.

How is that hard to get?

On the other side of the coin, I also don't see the point in constantly whining about it.

But seriously, how poor could someone have done? Total failure = rma! back to perfect. Mine btc, sell Jupiter, profit!. In the Whinevengers case, I guess he had a problem with a bad board, and was such a dick to everyone at knc that they wouldn't fix it. He's still mining, and could still turn that thing out on eBay for more than he paid, even disclosing all issues with it. Profit!  I'm just not seeing a case where someone didn't make back more then they paid.

Compare that to other manufacturers. Bfl, paid a year ago and just got your machines a month ago, or paid recently at 4x knc cost and just barely got your machines. Not profit. Cointerra, hashfast, still waiting and nobody actually knows when they will ship or how their hardware will work. I'm sure anyone who wasted money on hashfast wishes they had bought knc jupiters instead. They will not profit on coin, and the resale value in January if they get them will be low. Some people have done ok buying a lot of smaller boards, but you really need a lot of them right now to make anything.

I'm not sure if the Neptune will work out, just between timing, and difficulty. I didn't buy one, I'm hoping for a chance to buy a bunch of jupiters soon. If the price doesn't work out with the timing, maybe not. Either way, knc did me no wrong.
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1218

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 09:33:12 PM

I'm borderline physically disabled,

Wait, you're borderline physically disabled but you installed mains wiring and circuitry at your house? I'm guessing not physicall-bound-disabled. More power to your enthusiasm either way.
I can work ok, as long as it doesn't require me to move my neck too much. It won't turn more than an inch or so either direction. Whiplash from backing into a palm tree at about 3 mph. in Azeka's Plaza in Maui about 2004. Did I mention I have no healthcare? Thanks Obama. If & when we all get rich from our KNC miners, I'm gonna buy me a real, actual healthplan, and someday get it some help...  more incentive for the aggressive attack.

I feel for ya man,have you tried Costa Rica for medical care Huh I got ALOT of dental done there 10 years ago & it was VERY cheap & FANTASTIC work!!!!

They have several good universities there that specialize in all kinds of fields.

Contact these guys to see if they know any doctors that do work in what you need  Wink

http://www.sanchiri.com/

They picked me up at the airport,took me to the lodge,then the dentist for a few days.I went ahead & rented a car,they drive on the correct side of the road there Cheesy

It was a dream vacation to boot!!!!!!!!!

As always do your research & ask as many questions as needed to be sure your going to get the treatment you need.

Best of luck!!!!!!!!!

Serious? You went all the way to Costa Rica right dental work? Are they good at it? I'm terrified of any dentist I have ever went to here in the US. They are all rough on the hands.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 09:36:25 PM

So no updates on the additional Jupiter hardware sales? I guess this will be slotted in for next year then.   Cheesy

Cheers
Yes, the indication I got from Liam as of yesterday, was they had not started making them yet...

They are the ones that said keep your bitcoin handy....shit, if we all knew it would have been 3+ weeks out at least I wouldn't have put any bitcoin in my online wallet. Sounded like they were ready to sell right away.

opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 09:38:27 PM

So no updates on the additional Jupiter hardware sales? I guess this will be slotted in for next year then.   Cheesy

Cheers
Yes, the indication I got from Liam as of yesterday, was they had not started making them yet...

hmmm......bitpay only...I guess I will have to break down and get a cell phone (I work nites and help teach a Shotokan karate univ club 4 days a week so cell phone is kinda moot or would be off anwyay) so anyway everyone always has to leave a msg anyway can do it on the land line....and I sleep days...(or they are sleeping) so felt no need...but if I want to use BitPay and such may have to break down and get one ..grrrrr...(such a noob)

on the other hand if they (KNC) are gonna sell jupiters at 2.5k or so for feb delivery...not sure it is worth doing (have 2 neptunes on order).....but again what do I know just saying.

ack! the angst! ack!

Searing

Hahahahaha. 2.5k? I would only wish. With KNC we'll probably see the same price as the original Jupiter. Imagine if they priced the Jupiter at 5k in January? You would NEVER break even.

Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 09:39:33 PM

So no updates on the additional Jupiter hardware sales? I guess this will be slotted in for next year then.   Cheesy

Cheers

They are the ones that said keep your bitcoin handy....shit, if we all knew it would have been 3+ weeks out at least I wouldn't have put any bitcoin in my online wallet. Sounded like they were ready to sell right away.

Hehe, yeah, I was in a flat panic there, which is why I called to pump for a bit more info  Grin
among other things.... The other reason I called was peeps were asking about the refund process....
which is done via bank transfer, even if you bought with BTC
which of course makes refunding a Neptune for coming Jupiters a huge risk in timeframe....

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 09:42:44 PM

Cheers

Hehe, yeah, I was in a flat panic there, which is why I called to pump for a bit more info  Grin
among other things.... The other reason I called was peeps were asking about the refund process....

Why the teaser? Just share it Smiley

Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 09:47:14 PM

Cheers

Why the teaser? Just share it Smiley
sry...wasnt done really...."refunding a Neptune for coming Jupiters a huge risk in timeframe...." By the time you get an international transfer to your bank, and turn that back to btc thru yet another transfer... the sale could be over, and we don't know if bank transfer is going to be an option this go-around... I wanted to better estimate the risk. I'd like to say that the Holidays bend things in our favor, but we've just been told that the crew is still working full tilt right now, and that only customer service will be on vacation! So, It's anyone's guess... but I have a feeling the time is short/near. The holidays would surely slow a bank transfer as well.

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Pages: « 1 ... 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 [1326] 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 ... 2138 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.