Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:17:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 2024 2025 2026 2027 2028 2029 2030 2031 2032 2033 2034 2035 [2036] 2037 2038 2039 2040 2041 2042 2043 2044 2045 2046 2047 2048 2049 2050 2051 2052 2053 2054 2055 2056 2057 2058 2059 2060 2061 2062 2063 2064 2065 2066 2067 2068 2069 2070 2071 2072 2073 2074 2075 2076 2077 2078 2079 2080 2081 2082 2083 2084 2085 2086 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
Prelude
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 10:23:36 PM

Thanks for your efforts so far, GenTarkin.

In my case on a Titan with 3 dead dies, the firmware was unusable as it would continually restart BFGminer even though the offending dies were set to "OFF" in the advanced page and all other working dies were hashing.

Are you sure your changes are rebooting individual cubes and not the whole shebang? From what I understood observing through SSH, what was happening was a restart of BFGminer and all 4 cubes if there was not 4 working dies per cube.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 10:35:08 PM

Any options or machine for make my electricity bill at half???.l
GenTarkin
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 11:30:27 PM

In my case on a Titan with 3 dead dies, the firmware was unusable as it would continually restart BFGminer even though the offending dies were set to "OFF" in the advanced page and all other working dies were hashing.

Are you sure your changes are rebooting individual cubes and not the whole shebang? From what I understood observing through SSH, what was happening was a restart of BFGminer and all 4 cubes if there was not 4 working dies per cube.
Any chance you can copy n paste /var/log/monitordcdc.log ? post it here?
Thanks

Thats one thing I didnt test was dies which were manually turned off, not sure how my code would react in that case. Ill have to possibly look into it further. My titan has no manually disabled dies.

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
Prelude
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 12:26:05 AM

Thanks

Thats one thing I didnt test was dies which were manually turned off, not sure how my code would react in that case. Ill have to possibly look into it further. My titan has no manually disabled dies.

Is there any way for me to read it off of the SD card from my PC? Or would I have to go and swap it back into my Titan? If I have to swap it, try manually disabling a die on your Titan first. You should see the same behavior, but if you don't I'll go swap the cards and get you the log.
GenTarkin
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 12:53:26 AM

Thanks

Is there any way for me to read it off of the SD card from my PC? Or would I have to go and swap it back into my Titan? If I have to swap it, try manually disabling a die on your Titan first. You should see the same behavior, but if you don't I'll go swap the cards and get you the log.
You can SSH into the miner and do this at command line: cat /var/log/monitordcdc.log
Highly the text it spits out, switch window to notepad and paste.

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
GenTarkin
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 12:56:07 AM

Nevermind, I confirmed the behaviour on my titan as well when manually disabling dies. Grrr, I will have to rewrite the fix somehow lol. Ill keep ya posted.

Prelude
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 12:59:56 AM

I realize I could SSH to it, but the thing is the SD card with the log file is sitting on my desk, not in the Titan.  Tongue Anyways, doesn't matter since you replicated the issue.

What I was really after was the stats in any event, since with the 3 dies disabled the Titan is stable for weeks at a time.

GenTarkin
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 01:09:02 AM

I realize I could SSH to it, but the thing is the SD card with the log file is sitting on my desk, not in the Titan.  Tongue Anyways, doesn't matter since you replicated the issue.

What I was really after was the stats in any event, since with the 3 dies disabled the Titan is stable for weeks at a time.

Question for ya, are those dies permanently damaged or do they just stop randomly working while mining?

I found the issue w/ the script, it seems when dies are manually disabled the script erronously detects that as the dies also have being failed and trying to restart them(the old way before my script) haha
So, Ill have to come up w/ a way to detect them manually being off or not.

Prelude
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 01:11:52 AM

Question for ya, are those dies permanently damaged or do they just stop randomly working while mining?

I found the issue w/ the script, it seems when dies are manually disabled the script erronously detects that as the dies also have being failed and trying to restart them(the old way before my script) haha

Yeah, they're toast. Nothing I've tried has been able to get them to hash at all since they died.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 02:08:25 AM

Thanks

yeah a lot of us have 1 die dead on a cube and set to OFF (knc will not rma only 1 dead die on a cube) pricks  I have 2 cubes with 1 dead die each set to OFF so this in present
form probably wont do much for me

however if you could get it to work not paying attention to the dies that are OFF it could be helpful in about 1x every month or two ..never more then 1x one of my titans drops a die and a power down reboot brings it back up but does not happen to me very often  

in other words it would be a nice "JUST IN CASE" another die goes flaky ..the unit would reboot

anyway thanks for your efforts

I realize I could SSH to it, but the thing is the SD card with the log file is sitting on my desk, not in the Titan.  Tongue Anyways, doesn't matter since you replicated the issue.

In my case the dies never worked from almost day one on my orig titan so they have been manually set to off at least 8 months w/o issues so it is stable in this format
when I muck with them it seems to make my cubes worse never did find a way to get them back up

i suspect that it is a heat paste issue i heard that the orig titans were slapped together and this would probably fix it but too chicken to try to do so i somehow
manage with the other titan I got used to get 650.1mh out of both so screw it ..it is a miracle these raspberry pi science fair projects work that good imho

anyway so yeah you set them to OFF and at least in my case all is stable ...the 1 die that drops maybe once every 1 or 2 months is on a different cube anyway and has
not really been an issue

again thanks for your efforts

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
GenTarkin
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 04:59:44 AM

Alright Ive modified the code, think I got it working properly w/ dies that are flagged OFF now.
Ive confirmed it successfull detects dies that are manually turned off and shows it in the logs, therefore it skips the die detection test on that die.
The question is will it work when a die actually drops off still...gotta wait for that  to happen, but if my code is written properly(which I think it is) it should work as expected =)

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 05:30:51 AM

Alright Ive modified the code, think I got it working properly w/ dies that are flagged OFF now.
Ive confirmed it successfull detects dies that are manually turned off and shows it in the logs, therefore it skips the die detection test on that die.
The question is will it work when a die actually drops off still...gotta wait for that  to happen, but if my code is written properly(which I think it is) it should work as expected =)

thanks not exactly sure if it is much use to me ..i suppose if it is stable I could run it even with my 2 cubes with dies set to OFF postion. in JUST IN CASE MODE
if when a different die not set to off dumps out.....but
truthfully don't have that isssue (yet..knock wood...) the every 2 days die dumping and needs a re-boot problem that some folk have..this is a good fix for their issues
in that KNC won't address them

hmmmm.....what else could you do to tweak (i suspect) the somewhat lack laster KNC code....hmmmmm..for all of us?

others ..thoughts on what can be tweaked (got to keep the guy busy......heh..) Smiley

again if even on the sidelines I appreciate your efforts

will have to ponder what ifs that could be added to knc miner code for Titans on github since KNC has officially abandoned it it seems

over clocking comes to mind but that seems to be 'dead' as far as I have heard at 325 settings I read from others on here that is prety much maxed out

I have heard of some Titan owners who have run their units full out from day one at 325 settings at 1 click below the standard 0.0366 or whatever the default voltage is

not sure if that means anything just found it interesting

probably what we need next is a youtube video on completely taking apart a cube..checking the die showing a good brand of thermal paste and how to do a re-do
and or other standard tests on shoddy workmanship to look for .....anyway a guess on some of why these beasts are so flaky

which I suspect shoddy workmanship is probably the reason I have 2 dies set to off the last 8 months on my orig titan ..but again pretty high stakes for a dweeb
like me to dive into something like that or other hardware tweaks.......likely after the titan(s) are doorstops I will find I could have should have done so...but I suppose
with a video and enough folk finding that this WAS an issue I would probably then be brave enough to look as well..anyway these are just my suspicions

anyway others with ideas on what to add/look into/ or tweak on titan firmware as long as it seems some people have some willingness and expertise to do so?
toss some ideas out here if you don't mind....i only have lame guesses myself Smiley

I would so like to over clock these buggers and show the users here can/fix/make/mod better firmware then those knc hacks just because..but alas the last
thing I programmed was an apple ][ back in the day Smiley

anyway better minds then my own on this .....chime in please Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
vegasguy
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003

"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 02:06:21 PM

So I have several sets of Titan Batch 2 cubes I got in june 2015, and they were brand new sealed in the box. 13 cubes have failed in different ways. Ive owned a few computer repairs shops over 20 years , so I have a ton of experience with thermal issues. So far I have 2 cubes with burned PCI-E connectors that I was able to restore and one cube that has 2 dies that read .8v (idle) that I tried the fix KNCminer kept saying would work, and that was to remove the single screw nearest the exhaust and remove the standoff too, and put a screw through a nut that is underneath the cube. The goal was to tighten the pressure on the heatsink. I had 8 cubes that had this issue and it did not work. All it did was start to bend the board in the middle. Ive applied my own fix after listening to KNCminer for over 45 days, and MY fix worked on the first cube I tried. So KNCminer now claim my warranty is void and refuse to help me. I will eventually repair all of these, and then file my class action suit to the tune of $70,000. Guys if you own ANY kncminer product, the deadline to file a lawsuit for the FULL amount YOU paid for them is August 20th 2015. I will be emailing everyone on this thread and letting them know. Im also optimizing my website for many keywords for google so others can see who KNCminer really are. My website bitcoinlasvegas.net is very high ranking on google as I get about 5000 visitors a week. Im already on page one for the search term "Kncminer Batch 2" , so Ill be posting most of the horror stories there. http://bitcoinlasvegas.net/kncminer-titan-batch-2-up-and-running/

Vegas

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953
Prelude
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 02:31:05 PM

So I have several sets of Titan Batch 2 cubes I got in june 2015, and they were brand new sealed in the box. 13 cubes have failed in different ways. Ive owned a few computer repairs shops over 20 years , so I have a ton of experience with thermal issues. So far I have 2 cubes with burned PCI-E connectors that I was able to restore and one cube that has 2 dies that read .8v (idle) that I tried the fix KNCminer kept saying would work, and that was to remove the single screw nearest the exhaust and remove the standoff too, and put a screw through a nut that is underneath the cube. The goal was to tighten the pressure on the heatsink. I had 8 cubes that had this issue and it did not work. All it did was start to bend the board in the middle. Ive applied my own fix after listening to KNCminer for over 45 days, and MY fix worked on the first cube I tried. So KNCminer now claim my warranty is void and refuse to help me. I will eventually repair all of these, and then file my class action suit to the tune of $70,000. Guys if you own ANY kncminer product, the deadline to file a lawsuit for the FULL amount YOU paid for them is August 20th 2015. I will be emailing everyone on this thread and letting them know. Im also optimizing my website for many keywords for google so others can see who KNCminer really are. My website bitcoinlasvegas.net is very high ranking on google as I get about 5000 visitors a week. Im already on page one for the search term "Kncminer Batch 2" , so Ill be posting most of the horror stories there. http://bitcoinlasvegas.net/kncminer-titan-batch-2-up-and-running/

Vegas

Awesome! What was the fix? I'd like to give it a shot!
GenTarkin
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 02:38:05 PM

All these physical dead dies you guys mentions, I cant help but wonder if really bad shipping stresses(throwing boxes around etc...) caused the massive heatsinks to put insane pressure at times on the dies causing them physical damage.

Prelude
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 02:43:45 PM

All these physical dead dies you guys mentions, I cant help but wonder if really bad shipping stresses(throwing boxes around etc...) caused the massive heatsinks to put insane pressure at times on the dies causing them physical damage.

While it's possible, I don't think it was the case with my unit. All dies worked when I first received it from KNC. 2 days later, I was down a die. About a week later another. The 3rd die went out maybe 2 months in. They wouldn't have worked from the get-go if it was shipping damage.

Looking forward to trying your new firmware with the fix!
GenTarkin
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 02:43:48 PM

UPDATE: can confirm my code fix now works, It properly detects when dies are turned off manually vs when dies are in questionable state and then proceeds to test them & power cycle if needed =) woohoo
Also, Ive updated bfgminer to newest version, testing how well it works w/ titan. Its based on bfgminer stock. Seems working fine so far. Will publish update soon.

I guess next will be to see if I can unlock 350mhz but use EXTREME CAUTION!!!!!.... the single 6pin PCIE CONNECTOR is already at its max physical POWER rating. Many things may melt down when using 350mhz

Prelude
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 02:58:52 PM

350MHz would be great! Bring it on, we'll deal with any potential issues with power delivery.  Cool I wouldn't say they're maxed, though, as Neptune cubes use more power and I haven't had a single melted connector using proper wiring. I'm not even using the "Y" splitters I have for 10 of the Neptune cubes, no issues.
jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 02:59:37 PM

Where is the new firmware
I can only see the old version
Prelude
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 03:01:56 PM

Where is the new firmware
I can only see the old version

Do you have to ask the same question twice within 5 minutes? Take the time to read his posts and you'll see that he's still working on it and that it hasn't been released yet.
Pages: « 1 ... 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 2024 2025 2026 2027 2028 2029 2030 2031 2032 2033 2034 2035 [2036] 2037 2038 2039 2040 2041 2042 2043 2044 2045 2046 2047 2048 2049 2050 2051 2052 2053 2054 2055 2056 2057 2058 2059 2060 2061 2062 2063 2064 2065 2066 2067 2068 2069 2070 2071 2072 2073 2074 2075 2076 2077 2078 2079 2080 2081 2082 2083 2084 2085 2086 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: