Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:53:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 [2013] 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 2024 2025 2026 2027 2028 2029 2030 2031 2032 2033 2034 2035 2036 2037 2038 2039 2040 2041 2042 2043 2044 2045 2046 2047 2048 2049 2050 2051 2052 2053 2054 2055 2056 2057 2058 2059 2060 2061 2062 2063 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049460 times)
jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 03:13:34 PM

Hi,
If you chose the option of a refund for your mini Titan, you will be refunded the same amount of BTC that you paid to us. The Swedish law on cancelled purchases is that both parties get back what they initially performed.
The initial transaction you performed was that you paid to us a number of BTC, for that reason you must be repaid that same number of BTC.
If you confirm the refund as your choice we will process the refund in the quickest way possible to the wallet address you have provided.
Med vänlig hälsning | Best regards
Keith Gurnett
Kncminer

Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheRealSteve

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

FUN > ROI

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 04:08:06 PM

If you chose the option of a refund for your mini Titan, you will be refunded the same amount of BTC that you paid to us. The Swedish law on cancelled purchases is that both parties get back what they initially performed.
The initial transaction you performed was that you paid to us a number of BTC, for that reason you must be repaid that same number of BTC.

Well, that's one interpretation.  Who's willing to bet that if the exchange rate was $2,000/BTC, they'd interpret it differently?

The Mini Titans were listed in USD, not Bitcoin.
https://www.kncminer.com/categories/litecoin-mining-hardwarearchive.today

Payment in Bitcoin was processed via Bitpay
https://www.kncminer.com/pages/paymentarchive.today

Bitpay largely acts as an instant exchange intermediary.  I.e. a customer pays Bitcoin to Bitpay, and Bitpay pays fiat to the merchant.
One could argue that no Bitcoin was paid to KnC (unless they were one of the few accepting direct BTC payments via Bitpay).

Bitpay allows merchants to process refunds through them in either fiat or Bitcoin, but suggest "refund the amount of the initial purchase in the currency in which the item was priced".
https://bitpay.com/legalarchive.today
In this case, that would be USD, not Bitcoin - but it's only a suggestion by Bitpay.

Bitpay requires merchants to post a clear refund policy.
KnC's refund policy only covers defective items under warranty, not non-delivery.  The refund policy for defective items states "As an exclusive remedy for any covered warranty claim, KnCMiner may choose to (i) re-deliver new products, (ii) repair the defected Product or (iii) offer cash refund."
https://www.kncminer.com/pages/tandcarchive.today
Depending on locale, Bitcoin may not be considered 'cash' under such a provision.

However, this may be moot as a bunch of later terms basically come down to "we can choose to deliver it whenever we please, and when we send it out for delivery it's not even our responsibility anymore", via constructs that put all the risk and responsibility with the customer, rather than the merchant.

Payment in USD was processed via bank transfer.
Unknown: In this instance, banks function as the intermediary.  Somebody in China would pay a certain amount of CNY to the bank in order to fulfill a particular USD payment.  Would KnCMiner argue similarly that they would refund the customer in CNY?

Regardless, let the lawyers figure it all out - but it should be clear that KnC doesn't really care.. they're doing quite well and are happy to screw over any old customers as they're no longer dependent on that business anyway.  If they really wanted, they could make it all go away by throwing money at people, but right now they might as well string people along and do the minimum possible and allowed.

Makes me sad, but such is business.

Liquid71

Activity: 835
Merit: 1000

There is NO Freedom without Privacy

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 05:11:33 PM

Hi,

The Swedish law on cancelled purchases is that both parties get back what they initially performed. The initial transaction you performed was that you paid to us a number of BTC, for that reason you must be repaid that same number of BTC.

As stated in my previous email we are working as quickly as possible and we will send the refund to the wallet address you have provided as soon as possible.

Keith Gurnett

I requested a full refund and am going to get back less than half what I paid. They double their money, get to hold it for almost a full year and deliver nothing. How is that legal  Huh

I know there is a swedish lawyer that was taking cases from people for $1,500 retainer, can someone please point me in his direction? Thanks

mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 05:36:15 PM

Hi,
If you confirm the refund as your choice we will process the refund in the quickest way possible to the wallet address you have provided.
Keith Gurnett
Kncminer

Did they actually changed their minds after claiming 1000000 times that there are no refunds for the Titans and By the Swedish law they don't have to refund you since you are a Business company and not a private customer ?!!?

Hi,

The Swedish law on cancelled purchases is that both parties get back what they initially performed. The initial transaction you performed was that you paid to us a number of BTC, for that reason you must be repaid that same number of BTC.

As stated in my previous email we are working as quickly as possible and we will send the refund to the wallet address you have provided as soon as possible.

Keith Gurnett

I requested a full refund and am going to get back less than half what I paid. They double their money, get to hold it for almost a full year and deliver nothing. How is that legal  Huh

I know there is a swedish lawyer that was taking cases from people for $1,500 retainer, can someone please point me in his direction? Thanks

This is the guy you are looking for - magnus.daar@riseco.se
Liquid71

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 06:00:51 PM

Hi,
Keith Gurnett
Kncminer

Did they actually changed their minds after claiming 1000000 times that there are no refunds for the Titans and By the Swedish law they don't have to refund you since you are a Business company and not a private customer ?!!?

Hi,

Keith Gurnett

The refund is for the batch 2 mini Titan, they offered "full" refund or a neptune because they ran out of parts and can't deliver the mini Titan. I have the email, it said full refund, now they claim they only owe me $0.34 on the dollar. The Titan was never priced in Bitcoin, it was priced in fiat and the amount of Bitcoins it cost depended on the fiat value of Bitcoin. If the offer of $0.34 cents on the dollar wasn't bad enough, they have no timeframe of when payment would be made, so they are sitting and waiting for Bitcoins price to drop before sending any refunds.
Honestly at this point I'd be more than willing to lose the entire price I paid to fight them in court just for the way they treat their customers. Thanks for the lawyers info, contacting him now.

jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 06:13:52 PM
Last edit: April 17, 2015, 06:24:23 PM by jelin1984

Me too fight it
And go to hell knc

These is awful
The Sam cole and other at knc is not boys with balls
Is girls with pussy final
That is sad

Go fuck mother fucker Sam cole
Liquid71

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 07:12:58 PM

Well, that's one interpretation.  Who's willing to bet that if the exchange rate was $2,000/BTC, they'd interpret it differently?

The Mini Titans were listed in USD, not Bitcoin.
https://www.kncminer.com/categories/litecoin-mining-hardwarearchive.today

Payment in Bitcoin was processed via Bitpay
https://www.kncminer.com/pages/paymentarchive.today

Bitpay largely acts as an instant exchange intermediary.  I.e. a customer pays Bitcoin to Bitpay, and Bitpay pays fiat to the merchant.
One could argue that no Bitcoin was paid to KnC (unless they were one of the few accepting direct BTC payments via Bitpay).

Bitpay allows merchants to process refunds through them in either fiat or Bitcoin, but suggest "refund the amount of the initial purchase in the currency in which the item was priced".
https://bitpay.com/legalarchive.today
In this case, that would be USD, not Bitcoin - but it's only a suggestion by Bitpay.

Bitpay requires merchants to post a clear refund policy.
KnC's refund policy only covers defective items under warranty, not non-delivery.  The refund policy for defective items states "As an exclusive remedy for any covered warranty claim, KnCMiner may choose to (i) re-deliver new products, (ii) repair the defected Product or (iii) offer cash refund."
https://www.kncminer.com/pages/tandcarchive.today
Depending on locale, Bitcoin may not be considered 'cash' under such a provision.

However, this may be moot as a bunch of later terms basically come down to "we can choose to deliver it whenever we please, and when we send it out for delivery it's not even our responsibility anymore", via constructs that put all the risk and responsibility with the customer, rather than the merchant.

Payment in USD was processed via bank transfer.
Unknown: In this instance, banks function as the intermediary.  Somebody in China would pay a certain amount of CNY to the bank in order to fulfill a particular USD payment.  Would KnCMiner argue similarly that they would refund the customer in CNY?

Regardless, let the lawyers figure it all out - but it should be clear that KnC doesn't really care.. they're doing quite well and are happy to screw over any old customers as they're no longer dependent on that business anyway.  If they really wanted, they could make it all go away by throwing money at people, but right now they might as well string people along and do the minimum possible and allowed.

Makes me sad, but such is business.
Thank you for this, might help bring lawyers up to speed a little faster.
I also confirmed Bitpay converted payments to fiat, so KNC was paid in fiat.

My guess they are seeing how many people cave and accept 1/3 or less of what is owed. Anyone who fights back and defends their legal rights they'll just pay the full amount. Even if just a few accept the offer just to be done with this nightmare in the eyes of KNC it's worth it. Nobody should accept less than what they are owed ever, but especially after the way KNC has treated us.

Liquid71

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 08:12:47 PM

Neptune refunds were paid in fiat value of the Neptune correct?  I know I can find it, just trying to collect as much information as i can and thought I'd save a little time and ask. Thanks

WastedLTC

Activity: 776
Merit: 536

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 08:31:46 PM

Neptune refunds were paid in fiat value of the Neptune correct?  I know I can find it, just trying to collect as much information as i can and thought I'd save a little time and ask. Thanks

Neptune refunds typically were given in $ if one unit,  multiple units they gave in BTC.  (BTC at the current exchange rate, not the original amount of BTC spent)

I refunded a total of 4.   Received over double the # of coins that I spend on them.
Fatman3001
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013

Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 09:49:27 PM

So I finally got my long awaited bonus miner a week or two before easter only to find out that it was a PoS. The fans were not strong enough to do very much of anything, but I had the miners in a warehouse at 12 degrees celsius (don't know what that is in fahrenheit or zargons) so they should have been fine. But no, 4 out of 5 cubes overheated and turned off sections. So I was planning to get some new fans, some cooling pads for the power regulators and put some new cooling paste on the chips, but until then I would just run them heavily underclocked.

However during the easter holidays the whole miner just dropped off the grid. When I came to the site all the PSUs were running, so no major power failure like I saw on the Jupiter I have. Eventually I disconnected all the miners from the controller board and the board started flashing its lights at startup. I was hopeful. But the router never found the controller/Neptune. I suspect it might be the beagle (I have never seen such a scruffy beagle in my life, it looks like it had a lobotomy), but I don't know.

Does anyone have any ideas? If it can be fixed, what fans should I get?

"I predict the Internet will soon go spectacularly supernova and in 1996 catastrophically collapse." - Robert Metcalfe, 1995
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1709

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 12:50:49 AM

So I finally got my long awaited bonus miner a week or two before easter only to find out that it was a PoS. The fans were not strong enough to do very much of anything, but I had the miners in a warehouse at 12 degrees celsius (don't know what that is in fahrenheit or zargons) so they should have been fine. But no, 4 out of 5 cubes overheated and turned off sections. So I was planning to get some new fans, some cooling pads for the power regulators and put some new cooling paste on the chips, but until then I would just run them heavily underclocked.

However during the easter holidays the whole miner just dropped off the grid. When I came to the site all the PSUs were running, so no major power failure like I saw on the Jupiter I have. Eventually I disconnected all the miners from the controller board and the board started flashing its lights at startup. I was hopeful. But the router never found the controller/Neptune. I suspect it might be the beagle (I have never seen such a scruffy beagle in my life, it looks like it had a lobotomy), but I don't know.

You sure there is no plastic cover between the ASIC chip and the heatsink?

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
bgibso01
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 03:22:08 AM

When the controller flashes on boot.  Is it 3 short white or 1 longer white?  If it's 3, the controller is bad.  If none, then more likely bbb.  I have been able to use a new bbb on the controller board and it seems to work just fine.  I've also picked up some spare controller boards from folks getting rid of jupiter, saturn & mercury units.
Fatman3001
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 06:39:23 AM

You sure there is no plastic cover between the ASIC chip and the heatsink?

I haven't opened the miner. There were no instructions with it. Is this an issue?

"I predict the Internet will soon go spectacularly supernova and in 1996 catastrophically collapse." - Robert Metcalfe, 1995
Fatman3001
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 06:42:00 AM

When the controller flashes on boot.  Is it 3 short white or 1 longer white?  If it's 3, the controller is bad.  If none, then more likely bbb.  I have been able to use a new bbb on the controller board and it seems to work just fine.  I've also picked up some spare controller boards from folks getting rid of jupiter, saturn & mercury units.

I didn't bring the miner with me. I was in kind of in a hurry when I was at the site. I 'll check next time I'm there. BTW I have a Mercury with a fully functional controller board. Any link to how I can get that to play nice with the Neptune cubes?

AFox

Activity: 539
Merit: 517

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 09:52:34 PM

Just received the 3 BTC from KNC.
Here's the transaction if you're interested : https://blockchain.info/fr/tx/b28002fc8d10e0912faf41d5dca09cb1cb3e2443a2c48448c68ae2782f8c5557

My lucky BTC address : 1LoTTerY3WYbGxVRHvh8oDudDdTxFvvqWF
varChar

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 09:59:59 PM

Hi,
Keith Gurnett
Kncminer

Hi,

Keith Gurnett

The refund is for the batch 2 mini Titan, they offered "full" refund or a neptune because they ran out of parts and can't deliver the mini Titan. I have the email, it said full refund, now they claim they only owe me $0.34 on the dollar. The Titan was never priced in Bitcoin, it was priced in fiat and the amount of Bitcoins it cost depended on the fiat value of Bitcoin. If the offer of $0.34 cents on the dollar wasn't bad enough, they have no timeframe of when payment would be made, so they are sitting and waiting for Bitcoins price to drop before sending any refunds.
Honestly at this point I'd be more than willing to lose the entire price I paid to fight them in court just for the way they treat their customers. Thanks for the lawyers info, contacting him now.

I emailed Magnus Daar yesterday. Hopefully I'll get a response on monday. Perhaps he doing a lot of knc cases. But one of them are this where knc emailed and said that they couldn't deliver the Titan because of "technical issues in the selection process".
That's about the bonus miner were people choose a Titan instead of a Neptune.

As I said, I haven't talked to him yet. But I heard from another one that if there are more then 20 people in this case. The lawyer will take the cost's in the trial, if there will be one.
bgibso01
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 10:21:50 PM

When the controller flashes on boot.  Is it 3 short white or 1 longer white?  If it's 3, the controller is bad.  If none, then more likely bbb.  I have been able to use a new bbb on the controller board and it seems to work just fine.  I've also picked up some spare controller boards from folks getting rid of jupiter, saturn & mercury units.

I didn't bring the miner with me. I was in kind of in a hurry when I was at the site. I 'll check next time I'm there. BTW I have a Mercury with a fully functional controller board. Any link to how I can get that to play nice with the Neptune cubes?

Just flash the mercury with the neptune firmware, update to latest firmware and you are set. (except merc propbably only has 4 connections instead of 6.
aasl

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 04:09:54 AM

my bonus neptune comes with one faulty box, and knc said that the bonus neppy has no warranty, but they are willing to fix the faulty part, on the condition that I can pay for the shipment fees. i feel sick.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 04:28:15 AM

my bonus neptune comes with one faulty box, and knc said that the bonus neppy has no warranty, but they are willing to fix the faulty part, on the condition that I can pay for the shipment fees. i feel sick.

what is it they are gonna charge you .....(assuming you ship cheap your way and they screw you on the shipping on the way back) hey it i how they roll

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Prelude
Legendary

Activity: 1596

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 01:06:11 PM

Guys, how are the bonus Neptunes performing? I might be picking one up used today, want to know what I should expect.
Pages: « 1 ... 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 [2013] 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 2024 2025 2026 2027 2028 2029 2030 2031 2032 2033 2034 2035 2036 2037 2038 2039 2040 2041 2042 2043 2044 2045 2046 2047 2048 2049 2050 2051 2052 2053 2054 2055 2056 2057 2058 2059 2060 2061 2062 2063 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: