Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:26:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 [1197] 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
sickpig
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 12:08:09 AM

https://github.com/KnCMiner/meta-kncminer/commit/daf4525e6e8d446c091418ce41a886c514762443

they are using Ericsson DC/DC modules. That's why the firmaware is called 0.99-E

yeah ericsson, i like ericsson they had nice cellphones in the 90s

lol .. they were cool you're right.

among other things, ericsson provides and operates telecommunications networks and they even managed to give birth to erlang Tongue

Bitcoin is a participatory system which ought to respect the right of self determinism of all of its users - Gregory Maxwell.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jbssm

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Just received my Jupiter (of course coolers fell during transport but no other problem) and i want to ask 'Orama if are we supposed to remove the new metal thing that's right on top of the controller or it's there for improved airflow. I guess not, but i want to be sure.

Hashing at ~672GH (started a few minutes ago)! Thank you KnC!

congrat!

wattage at the wall ?

I don't have anything to measure. I will try to get something next week.

nice! do you have that "Turbo Mode" they talked about?

Not yet, but the firmware is 0.99-E.

CYPER really don't feel like posting pics(maybe in the weekend), but it's the same as previous ones, the only thing that's change is a metal stuff inside that's somehow blocking the lower half of the front coolers, but it's 4-5 cm away from them and they changed the bloody VRMs Cheesy They are different now.

Edit: 677-678GH in cgminer / 674GH in pool / low HW.

Is there any way to dump the firmware to a file?

Donations to the helping fund for victims of alien abduction and zombie contagion are welcome: 13U16ay4Tyvr9ZkQ3wqtReuZGaPE27wt4e
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 12:19:18 AM

They may be heading to more power hungry rigs, but we don't know how power hungry yet. Even 2kw isn't anything more than a small electric fire which many homes run ...most small home miners won't be running 10 neptunes, maybe 2 or three max? No problem really as long as they pay their bills.
The problem for competitors, apart from trust and proven hardware is price.. can they compete with the price per Gh? Seriously doubt that unless someone new like KNC appear, which could happen.

KNC have been very clever at marketing and timing , I'd bet they have destroyed some companies like BFL completely. No tears there though eh? Smiley

I think the power issue isn't so much paying the bill, but the wiring involved. Most US houses these days, you might be able to squeeze out 2..MAYBE 4kw circuit. Beyond that you need subpanels, and ideally dedicated panels. Most folks won't do that unless they're already balls deep (like Phoenix for example).

Personally, let's say I could only support 2kw, I'd feel almost ill owning a miner which can only do 3TH because of the limitation, knowing that if I had more power it could go twice as fast. It's like paying 2x as much for a miner than you need to. I have a feeling the Neptune will be able to hit 5 or 6TH in the right conditions.

Yes, KNC has done well with their timing. I also point to their 'protect the network' claim as part of this. They're using it as an excuse for timing, but to save themselves from a bad reputation regarding time-to-market (such as what befell BFL).

Let me chime in on the power a bit. My father is an electrician (well, was, he's a few days shy of 75 years old now Smiley ) and I learned this stuff rather thoroughly growing up. If you live in a rental apartment, this is useless to you, but if you live in your own house or in a rented house with property, it probably isn't.

Firstly, there is nothing magical about this, and the equipment is cheap by comparison to what you are spending on a single miner. You can easily install almost everything by yourself with tools you can buy at walmart and equipment that you can get at Lowes or Home Depot, practically everywhere in the country. I am not familiar with the retailers for DIY stuff in the rest of the world, but I would imagine that it's not too hard in most developed countries.

If you have a shed, you can make it your mining shack. Add a 200 amp service panel, wire it for 240/120 which it's largely preconfigured for anyway. I recommend twelve guage wire, though 14 meets code for 15 amp circuits. 12 is only marginally more expensive, and is legit for 20 amp circuits. This, in a small shed, is a day's work if you've never done it before. There are a number of DIY books out there, the oldest still in publication being "wiring simplified", which I learned from at my Dad's orders when I was seven years old. It's technical enough, but not over the top. There are many others. You will want one 15 amp circuit for lights, coffee pot, etcetera, and probably want the rest to be 20 amp or 30 amp 240v RMS circuits. You're only talking five or six breakers here, unless you are trying to run 10 or more miners. In that case, go to 300 amp. Then, establish a separate account to that shed with your utility company. They will supply the meter, you just have to have the wiring in place and in most places have it inspected by a local official. If you can handle the fine work for an electronic device, you can wire a panel and the branch circuits in your sleep. This is monkey work after you've done it a few times. Apprentices do almost all of this sort of work on major projects, with the journeymen supervising and doing some of the more complex stuff, especially industrial. The last time I wired up a panel and ten branch circuits was about ten years back, helping a friend update his house. The only hard part was running wire inside existing walls. You won't have that problem doing it in a shed, just run 'em in the open and fasten the wires down real tight. It took me about ten hours doing it on a remodel. In the open, it would have been maybe three.

There are several advantages to this approach. One, you have dedicated power. No line spikes from the heater coming on, or the stove, etcetera. Two, your power bill for the mining rig is easily accountable as it is it's own bill. Three, any wiring problems will be EASILY traced, as the wiring is right in the open, and four, the cost of the equipment is cheap by comparison. Maybe a thousand dollars, if you don't watch for sales and discounts.

jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 12:23:49 AM

Please photos
To see the new November Jupiter
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 12:31:45 AM

Can you point your miner to my poolworker for some hours? Grin Grin Grin Grin

Post pool and worker/pass.

https://github.com/KnCMiner/meta-kncminer/commit/daf4525e6e8d446c091418ce41a886c514762443

they are using Ericsson DC/DC modules. That's why the firmaware is called 0.99-E

I thought i see a known logo but i was too anxious powering it up. Ericsson 1 - GE 0.

Is there any way to dump the firmware to a file?

No idea. If someone else points me to it i would gladly do it.

kendog77

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 12:57:02 AM

They may be heading to more power hungry rigs, but we don't know how power hungry yet. Even 2kw isn't anything more than a small electric fire which many homes run ...most small home miners won't be running 10 neptunes, maybe 2 or three max? No problem really as long as they pay their bills.
The problem for competitors, apart from trust and proven hardware is price.. can they compete with the price per Gh? Seriously doubt that unless someone new like KNC appear, which could happen.

KNC have been very clever at marketing and timing , I'd bet they have destroyed some companies like BFL completely. No tears there though eh? Smiley

I think the power issue isn't so much paying the bill, but the wiring involved. Most US houses these days, you might be able to squeeze out 2..MAYBE 4kw circuit. Beyond that you need subpanels, and ideally dedicated panels. Most folks won't do that unless they're already balls deep (like Phoenix for example).

Personally, let's say I could only support 2kw, I'd feel almost ill owning a miner which can only do 3TH because of the limitation, knowing that if I had more power it could go twice as fast. It's like paying 2x as much for a miner than you need to. I have a feeling the Neptune will be able to hit 5 or 6TH in the right conditions.

Yes, KNC has done well with their timing. I also point to their 'protect the network' claim as part of this. They're using it as an excuse for timing, but to save themselves from a bad reputation regarding time-to-market (such as what befell BFL).

Let me chime in on the power a bit. My father is an electrician (well, was, he's a few days shy of 75 years old now Smiley ) and I learned this stuff rather thoroughly growing up. If you live in a rental apartment, this is useless to you, but if you live in your own house or in a rented house with property, it probably isn't.

Firstly, there is nothing magical about this, and the equipment is cheap by comparison to what you are spending on a single miner. You can easily install almost everything by yourself with tools you can buy at walmart and equipment that you can get at Lowes or Home Depot, practically everywhere in the country. I am not familiar with the retailers for DIY stuff in the rest of the world, but I would imagine that it's not too hard in most developed countries.

If you have a shed, you can make it your mining shack. Add a 200 amp service panel, wire it for 240/120 which it's largely preconfigured for anyway. I recommend twelve guage wire, though 14 meets code for 15 amp circuits. 12 is only marginally more expensive, and is legit for 20 amp circuits. This, in a small shed, is a day's work if you've never done it before. There are a number of DIY books out there, the oldest still in publication being "wiring simplified", which I learned from at my Dad's orders when I was seven years old. It's technical enough, but not over the top. There are many others. You will want one 15 amp circuit for lights, coffee pot, etcetera, and probably want the rest to be 20 amp or 30 amp 240v RMS circuits. You're only talking five or six breakers here, unless you are trying to run 10 or more miners. In that case, go to 300 amp. Then, establish a separate account to that shed with your utility company. They will supply the meter, you just have to have the wiring in place and in most places have it inspected by a local official. If you can handle the fine work for an electronic device, you can wire a panel and the branch circuits in your sleep. This is monkey work after you've done it a few times. Apprentices do almost all of this sort of work on major projects, with the journeymen supervising and doing some of the more complex stuff, especially industrial. The last time I wired up a panel and ten branch circuits was about ten years back, helping a friend update his house. The only hard part was running wire inside existing walls. You won't have that problem doing it in a shed, just run 'em in the open and fasten the wires down real tight. It took me about ten hours doing it on a remodel. In the open, it would have been maybe three.

There are several advantages to this approach. One, you have dedicated power. No line spikes from the heater coming on, or the stove, etcetera. Two, your power bill for the mining rig is easily accountable as it is it's own bill. Three, any wiring problems will be EASILY traced, as the wiring is right in the open, and four, the cost of the equipment is cheap by comparison. Maybe a thousand dollars, if you don't watch for sales and discounts.

When I first go into mining earlier this year, I had my buddy who is an electrician put a separate 100 AMP sub panel with a bunch of 20 AMP breakers in my basement. I had plans of building a medium sized GPU farm, but ASIC devices and the heat GPUs create put an end to that plan fairly fast. I had no idea that this separate panel would come in handy for ASIC devices so soon. Adding the extra sub panel cost less than $500 including parts and labor, but my buddy did give me a good deal on the labor cost.

It's not that expensive to add a separate sub-panel to power a couple of Neptunes...
DPoS

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 12:57:16 AM

I am trying several avenues to raise revenue, and when I get it I'll buy KnC if at all possible. I like the company, can forgive their warts as they are overall pretty small, and I want them to succeed. For several reasons. One of them being Bitcoinorama who was very kind and very informative to a newbie even before his association with KnC.

I feel for you man,  I wish you had a chance to run up some 0% credit cards last summer like I did...  seems like KNC won't take CC anymore so the days of turning free money into digital is over on these shores  (or I would buy a neptune or two no doubt...   the expansion modules for BTC I didn't mind though, that was nice and quick turnaround)

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
WastedLTC

Activity: 776
Merit: 536

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 01:45:19 AM

LTC made me some good returns in the last few days and thinking of buying a few more neptunes.  if someone wants me to use their reseller ID, thinking of buying 2 or 3 more.  Open to giving me .5 BTC for each use of the reseller id?  Considering that the free one is 10% off, each link should be worth about 1BTC...  asking for 1/2 that should be reasonable.

Hit me up if interested.
fubly

Activity: 561
Merit: 521

Trustless IceColdWallet

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2013, 01:58:12 AM

LTC made me some good returns in the last few days and thinking of buying a few more neptunes.  if someone wants me to use their reseller ID, thinking of buying 2 or 3 more.  Open to giving me .5 BTC for each use of the reseller id?  Considering that the free one is 10% off, each link should be worth about 1BTC...  asking for 1/2 that should be reasonable.

Hit me up if interested.

https://www.kncminer.com/?resellerid=277

I have bought 3 neptunes, I will do the same like others. If you want? Grin

If we got 10, then for every piece 10% Hashpower - Pool = ghash.io
Every shareholder 10% per piece!

you can check my profile on ebay send me an pm.

thx

fubly

each time you send a transaction don't forget to use a new address, each time you receive one also!
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 02:09:50 AM

Hmm. Jup hashing at 670s, I thought the theoretical max was 144 per board? Seems not?

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
fubly

Trustless IceColdWallet

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2013, 02:13:45 AM

Hmm. Jup hashing at 570s, I thought the theoretical max was 144 per board? Seems not?

which batch? November?

each time you send a transaction don't forget to use a new address, each time you receive one also!
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 02:16:07 AM

Hmm. Jup hashing at 570s, I thought the theoretical max was 144 per board? Seems not?

which batch? November?

Yeah, Nov..the one mentioned today just delivered...typo sorry, meant 670 Smiley

Also wondering, anyone still mining altcoins and finding it worthy of the effort?

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
fubly

Trustless IceColdWallet

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2013, 02:30:07 AM

Hmm. Jup hashing at 570s Shocked Shocked, I thought the theoretical max was 144 per board? Seems not?

which batch? November?

Yeah, Nov..the one mentioned today just delivered...typo sorry, meant 670

Also wondering, anyone still mining altcoins and finding it worthy of the effort?
Angry Angry Angry

did you install the bertmod 98, i think it will work?

Can you make an cat of this file:

cat /sbin/monitordcdc

also this:

cat /etc/init.d/cgminer.sh

and this:
cat /etc/init.d/initc.sh

jonoiv

Activity: 966
Merit: 526

🐺Dogs for President🐺

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 03:07:22 AM

which batch? November?

Yeah, Nov..the one mentioned today just delivered...typo sorry, meant 670 Smiley

are you serious?   Some coins at the moment are 3000% more profitable than BTC.

http://www.coinchoose.com/

Signature for hire!
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 03:15:55 AM

Some coins at the moment are 3000% more profitable than BTC.

http://www.coinchoose.com/

More profitable than GPU mining. Not ASIC mining!

Buy & Hold
vaelrock

Activity: 285
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 03:20:31 AM

PeerCoin is often more profitable than bitcoins, except that it's daily volume is very low.
If you let a few ASIC based miners work on it for a week, you'll probably not be able to trade at an advantageous rate with bitcoins, because you'll plummet its value by flooding the market.
So no, if you have a SHA256 based ASIC miner, bitcoin is the only way to go.
Doff

Activity: 327

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 03:21:37 AM

Hit me up if interested.

thx

fubly

I keep seeing these reseller links that go nowhere, are they just used that quickly or is it just a joke to make me check the link? Smiley
Sitarow
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 03:26:48 AM

Hit me up if interested.

thx

fubly

I keep seeing these reseller links that go nowhere, are they just used that quickly or is it just a joke to make me check the link? Smiley

They work if your account is logged in onknc

Then under miner hardware you will see the option to buy,
Doff

Activity: 327

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 03:54:18 AM

I am guessing the link is done then, I still see no option to purchase.
ASIC-K

Activity: 280

Hell?

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 03:57:02 AM

I am guessing the link is done then, I still see no option to purchase.

its still there for me....
Pages: « 1 ... 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 [1197] 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: