Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:53:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 [1434] 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049463 times)
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 10:36:31 AM

have we an overview of how many neptune refunds there were?

well i'm in for 2 neptunes one batch 1 (very earlynumber) one batch 2 (very early number).... so 2Th for around $7,788.67 is my share.
My two the brothers wanted in after my Oct Jupiter success and I asked them about about dumping the 2nd miner but like all noobs
(i remember that is what i thought) they want to keep the miner....ah miniing the security blanket when i was a noob.........

buying BTC straight if i can rember back that far was too scary..(ah...my noob youth when I ordered a jupiter i think btc was 150 bucks or so..sigh).....

so if things get real weird in 1 month i re-float the idea of dumping the 2nd neptune....but till then....will have to see what happens

but truth be told with the kind of difficulty rate we will have this year..especially for people just experimenting with usb miner lots of people around the world in my view...
ebay coming on board etc or whatever even at a loss on all this just all those people scrambling to learn and to
just to get into bitcoin..i am thinking a massive amount of folks jumping in at least a little.....the good news is lots of people..the bad news ROI or NO ROI that is gonna be a lot of hash

imho diff will go up hit a high in march/april and probably just stay at the diff percentage thru till fall or so.....it is gonna be nuts....

so again imho (remember i know zip just saying) when we are looking at 20k machines this fall that mine 0.10 btc from the get go. and are happy at that then...BTC had better go up
as a result of all this renewed hype about bitcoin...or quite frankly we are all scr*wed.....that much difficulty and GH and the price flatlines and goes down would be well...shudder....

but again imho .....it may take a while but even then probably less then a year....and the long way around but I should get more then ROI back (of course the arguement is probalby correct that i'd get more if
i dumped 2nd neptune or both now and buy btc)...but if this is what it takes to get the brothers some BTC so be it

the joys of bitcoin .....never a dull moment....

crosses fingers

Searing

p.s. if it was just me i'd dump the 2nd neptune and probably be pretty "puckered up" on the 1st neptune to tell you the truth....i will revist this in 1 month with the brothers thou....

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DPoS

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 11:01:07 AM

Do these things have warranties?

-MarkM-

yeah you can RMA it if it is dead..  you pay your side of the shipping but it will be replaced

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 11:08:44 AM

Do these things have warranties?

-MarkM-

yeah you can RMA it if it is dead..  you pay your side of the shipping but it will be replaced

only other thing is cables i heard that a guy had a problem with the power cable to the beaglebone from the power supply being loose ..crimped up the
inside pegs and viola it works

i guess you could also just bypass the blue is it (?) on the newer units cables that come with the Jupiter and simply directly plug from the power supply

and of course just the power supply may be the issue

sorry if all this has been done ..with me it is always something simple that really mucks up a project

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
lemonte

Activity: 624
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 11:48:41 AM

Anyone got any tips for what to do with a board that has all 48 cores off??

Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 12:12:09 PM

RMA it

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
lemonte

Activity: 624
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 12:18:00 PM

RMA it

Cheers, was hoping it wouldn't come to that Sad

DPoS

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 01:10:04 PM

RMA it

Cheers, was hoping it wouldn't come to that Sad

you can bring it back, but usually they end up shutting off again if they have a history of it...  (letting it heat to 82c, adding more volts, etc)

if restarting cgminer doesn't bring a die back right away you usually will be baby sitting it if you ever do get it back

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 03:48:02 PM

Have you tried going to the Advanced menu and bumping the voltage on that core?

Usually works for me.

Yeah I did reset to defaults to see the defaults but still all four voltages for that ASIC were blank.

So I tried setting all four to the same defaults the other one was showing but still the table to the right was empty/blank.

This RMA sounds good guess I will try that. Well first check cables and such since I will have to open it up anyway to get the board out. I was starting to think I wouldn't need those special screwdrivers, I guess they will come in handy afterall.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
2tights

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

I like big BITS and I cannot lie.

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 04:22:20 PM

have we an overview of how many neptune refunds there were?

well i'm in for 2 neptunes one batch 1 (very earlynumber) one batch 2 (very early number).... so 2Th for around $7,788.67 is my share.
My two the brothers wanted in after my Oct Jupiter success and I asked them about about dumping the 2nd miner but like all noobs
(i remember that is what i thought) they want to keep the miner....ah miniing the security blanket when i was a noob.........

buying BTC straight if i can rember back that far was too scary..(ah...my noob youth when I ordered a jupiter i think btc was 150 bucks or so..sigh).....

so if things get real weird in 1 month i re-float the idea of dumping the 2nd neptune....but till then....will have to see what happens

but truth be told with the kind of difficulty rate we will have this year..especially for people just experimenting with usb miner lots of people around the world in my view...
ebay coming on board etc or whatever even at a loss on all this just all those people scrambling to learn and to
just to get into bitcoin..i am thinking a massive amount of folks jumping in at least a little.....the good news is lots of people..the bad news ROI or NO ROI that is gonna be a lot of hash

imho diff will go up hit a high in march/april and probably just stay at the diff percentage thru till fall or so.....it is gonna be nuts....

so again imho (remember i know zip just saying) when we are looking at 20k machines this fall that mine 0.10 btc from the get go. and are happy at that then...BTC had better go up
as a result of all this renewed hype about bitcoin...or quite frankly we are all scr*wed.....that much difficulty and GH and the price flatlines and goes down would be well...shudder....

but again imho .....it may take a while but even then probably less then a year....and the long way around but I should get more then ROI back (of course the arguement is probalby correct that i'd get more if
i dumped 2nd neptune or both now and buy btc)...but if this is what it takes to get the brothers some BTC so be it

the joys of bitcoin .....never a dull moment....

crosses fingers

Searing

p.s. if it was just me i'd dump the 2nd neptune and probably be pretty "puckered up" on the 1st neptune to tell you the truth....i will revist this in 1 month with the brothers thou....

After reading the first few lines, I thought it'd be stupid to read this entire post. But, I did... and it was. I am mentally numb now and where is up? What's your point? I respond and ask because I'm so completely confused by the way your thoughts end up in text on my screen.

-
augustocroppo
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 04:25:42 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=429513.new#new
http://www.ctsminer.com/product/cts-miner-stratusmine-5-ths-20nm-asic-bitcoin-miner/

Game is on 5TH is new 3TH. Intresting times at this gold rush. I would not trust anything beyond few months. Chinese are the wild card here when they mass produce something 10000units is just initial number. Bitmine is minting $$$ now and upgrading their production speed.

KnC may not be the first to ship 3TH

Press
http://www.prlog.org/12272617-new-3-ths-5-ths-bitcoin-miners-with-20nm-asics-from-cts-miner-will-revolutionise-cryptocurrency.html
“We are proud to announce that we are now accepting preorders of 1,000 units per model. The first devices will ship worldwide, the week of 7 April, 2014.

More KnC customers will jump the boat.

The offer in that Internet page, ctsminer.com, is an obvious attempt of fraud.
rolling

Activity: 824
Merit: 712

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 05:39:39 PM

What ever happened to the tuning suite for November miners?  I have some with cores out that would be nice to fix. Seems like KNC is still on vacation.  Is January a month-long holiday in Sweden?
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 07:26:01 PM

Yeah, Cts miner looks like a BFL job all over again....   and no real credentials at all... just smoke, no links to the fabulous company's websites they speak of....   All claims, and zero proof. No linkdn, no profiles, references, or past projects to even check up on when they claim they've been doing this since the stone age....(1975)wow, before the web existed.....amazing. Did microprocessors even exist then?  ...and they look 20ish... and the info on the "about us" page literally changed since last night from starting this in may 2012 to may 2013.... They claim to have made chips for..  Aircraft Testing, Remote Switchgear Operation, Stock Control, Instrumentation, Oil and Petrochemical Exploration, Marine Science and Environmental Control.... and not a single affiliate listed, not a single customer listed in a way we can check the background. Total Bullshit. Obvious scammers, and bad liars. Michael Richardson supposedly went to Cambridge... we could check that, that's it.  Oh, and a working prototype on Jan 22nd, but three months to deliver from there?  Must be an fpga, in which case, they lied again.. oh... "some changes to the internals have had to be made to the CirrusMine product which is why unfortunately we have been unable to supply you with detailed internal shots" Yeah, good excuse.
Total fishiness throughout the site. How could they possibly afford to almost fully develop a 5Th/s 20nm machine with no venture capitol, and not have a single picture?

KNC may have had terrible stick drawings, but had mass credentials to back up their claims, and a traceable history, which is why I chose KNC early on.

No credentials & no history to check = no $ from Ewik

Nigerian princesses still send out emails telling me that daddy died and left a gold mine they no-one wants but I can have for a small 10k fee if I help them claim it. They do this because they know most people won't believe it, but there's one who will born every day Smiley

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3868

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 07:31:38 PM
Last edit: January 24, 2014, 07:42:12 PM by Biodom

It seems that KnC considers re-selling preorders as unfair.
Is it? What is board's opinion on this?
In US we are perfectly in our right to re-sell preorders on pretty much anything: tickets, iphones, game consols (PS4, Xbox)
Why it is fair to sell used Jupiter for triple the price, but "not fair" to re-sell a preorder?
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 07:33:25 PM

It seems that KnC considers selling preorders as unfair.
In US we are perfectly in our right to sell preorders on pretty much anything: tickets, iphones, game consols (PS4, Xbox)
Why it is fair to sell used Jupiter for triple the price, but "not fair" to sell a preorder?
What? Every batch barring the upgrade boards have been preorder. What are you referring to?
KNC didnt sell jupiters for 3x the price...we did...  and with reseller I.D's being issued....   I don't see the problem.
Is there some statement saying otherwise we missed here?

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 07:35:22 PM

In US we are perfectly in our right to sell preorders on pretty much anything: tickets, iphones, game consols (PS4, Xbox)
Why it is fair to sell used Jupiter for triple the price, but "not fair" to sell a preorder?
What? Every batch barring the upgrade boards have been preorder. What are you referring to?

He means selling your pre-order to someone else.

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
Biodom
Legendary

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 07:37:55 PM

Check out a stern note from "Kurt" on the company forum
I am talking about re-selling of preorders by individuals.
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 07:41:21 PM

oh, so we can sell the machines for them, but we're not allowed to profit?  hahaha good luck with that

...and as for selling Jupiters on E-Bay for triple.....   we/they own them, and there's NOTHING to stop you from selling something you own, for whatever price people are willing to pay. Simple as that. Too damned bad if they don't like it. imho
What gives them the right? I don't see Kurts comments saying what you are talking about... link please?

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Biodom
Legendary

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 07:46:16 PM

oh, so we can sell the machines for them, but we're not allowed to profit?  hahaha good luck with that

I wonder if this is something in north european culture that we are missing? In US "speculation" or "profit" is not considered unfair or something bad.
link
http://forum.kncminer.com/forum/main-category/acccounts/28538-rationale-of-refund-but-no-resale
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 07:49:50 PM

I wonder if this is something in north european culture that we are missing? In US "speculation" or "profit" is not considered unfair or something bad.
I don't see Kurts comments saying what you are talking about... link please?

all I see is...   "Purchasing the Neptune miner from another source is definitely not a good idea. Please be aware that customers who have paid Neptune orders with us cannot change any shipping or billing information."

which means nothing except we have to reship them

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
mauiflipper

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 07:52:59 PM

oh, so we can sell the machines for them, but we're not allowed to profit?  hahaha good luck with that

I don't see Kurts comments saying what you are talking about... link please?

knc and others are selling pre-orders.  Selling an order of their pre-order is almost the same thing.  In both cases, neither party has the product in hand.  There's no difference, except for the addition of another middle man.
Pages: « 1 ... 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 [1434] 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: