Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:15:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 1610 1611 1612 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 [1624] 1625 1626 1627 1628 1629 1630 1631 1632 1633 1634 1635 1636 1637 1638 1639 1640 1641 1642 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 1648 1649 1650 1651 1652 1653 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 1659 1660 1661 1662 1663 1664 1665 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
5craziest

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 08:35:22 PM

Knc have now real competition on scrypt market...
asiabtc offers 60mh machines.shipping at latest 21.may, when will knc deliver...?
if i read corect, knc can impossible deliver before mid june, most likely later.

they've said q2/q3.  Without delays, that could be as long as September
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Chiledog

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 08:42:47 PM

asiabtc offers 60mh machines.shipping at latest 21.may, when will knc deliver...?
if i read corect, knc can impossible deliver before mid june, most likely later.

May 21 is the earliest I've heard.  If a lot of hashpower goes online before KNC delivers, the Titan will be worthless.
5craziest

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 08:48:42 PM

May 21 is the earliest I've heard.  If a lot of hashpower goes online before KNC delivers, the Titan will be worthless.

Yep, that's why they're not refundable
The Avenger

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 09:18:22 PM

Even if you were obviously over exaggerating things in the past and you were bad intended towards KnC from the start when things weren't so bad as now
I was not "over exaggerating things in the past". As a recipient of extremely faulty KNC hardware, I was one of the first to see what KNC were *really* like as a company. The rest of you were too blinded by BTC going to all time highs and having hardware that actually worked to see beyond the now, back then.

Anyway, I hope for your sake spongebob-tech don't go bad or you'll have a helluva large angry mob coming for ya RS Wink  Cheesy

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
SyRenity

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 10:55:51 PM

Anyway, I hope for your sake spongebob-tech don't go bad or you'll have a helluva large angry mob coming for ya RS Wink  Cheesy

Surprisingly, there are companies in crypto-biz that look to establish long term relations with their clients and partners, and base their operations on honest practices, rather then get rich quick schemes.

RoadStress (among others) recognized this early, hence he decided to organize the group sale.
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938

LIR DEV

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 11:03:38 PM

I'd at least wait to see if Mr Gridseed bulk-buyer is scamming or not before you jump on that.
Other, seasoned "veterans" of vetting noob companies seem to think that he is a scammer. Be careful.
He's not a "company", and it seems he has an empty wallet....  not a single sale yet claims sold out of the usbminers, a child like website, no faq, no credentials, etc... I don't see him as competition at all.
Even if all is legit... he's re-selling Gridseed miners(lol), and not enough of them to make an impact on Titan imho

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 12:58:25 AM

There are going to be a lot of embarrassed punters around here next month when KNC starts shipping a 6TH Neptune.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 01:07:57 AM

There are going to be a lot of embarrassed punters around here next month when KNC starts shipping a 6TH Neptune.

LOL. In your dreams.

Buy & Hold
joeventura

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 03:14:26 AM

They had sold at least 200 by the end of March, and they've said they hope to make 2,500 units with the first batch.  I was a little interested, but came up with similar numbers.  Unless you get one of the first dozen machines, I'm afraid your going to lose a lot of money with the Titan.  Your basically spending twice as much as most bitcoin miners,  hoping to acquire altcoins worth a fraction of the value while difficulty skyrockets

HAhahhaa Please keep making these generalizations and "Sky is falling" comments.

Litecoin has a difficulty of 5162
Dogecoin has a difficulty of 611

Show your Frickin' math, there are like 150 other Alt coins, tell me how the addition of 625Gh of Scrypt mining hardware will impact these Alt coins and make difficulty skyrocket?

The addition of this hardware is equivalent of adding FPGA hardware to the Bitcoin network, still lots of profit to go around.

The sky is not falling chicken little.

Reminds me of the dead parrot sketch from Monty Python.

This parrot wouldn't Voooom if you put 50,000 volts through it.

Parrot=Difficulty

joeventura

Activity: 854

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 03:28:05 AM

LOL. In your dreams.

What ^^^^ he said fanboy!!
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 03:55:21 AM

Sorry to say this but it's going to be just the opposite.  There are going to be some mighty sad people when they get their 3THs hosted mining offer on June 30th.  Not a GH more and not a day sooner.

Meanwhile I'll have been hashing away for two months on my FrakenJup.  That is if they actually run without bursting into flames from all of the dust buildup.
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 05:41:06 AM

Final Refund requested.

You do ponder a long while don't you Ed, i'm of the same mind... which makes me always late to the party. dunno how many times i've missed 'batch1's' by a gnats bollock-hair. Not indecisive, just like to think things through... and watch, and think some more, and watch, and... (you get the jist)

Show your Frickin' math, there are like 150 other Alt coins, tell me how the addition of 625Gh of Scrypt mining hardware will impact these Alt coins and make difficulty skyrocket?

On the topic of altcoins  joeventura is absolutely correct; i, myself dabble with some shitcoins irregularly and there is ALWAYS a coin to hop to when the going gets tough on another, take a look a the coinwarz profitability calc (not that i'm saying it's valid as a calculator) but you tend to see which shitcoins are most worthy to mine at any given time... a lot of people do a lot of hopping around and you will usually find, if you are sat on a shitcoin when it gets to the top of that calc list, the multipools will tend to crack in and plunder it for a while - raising the diff and reducing your share until they go away. if you ordered a titan, there will be scope for returns (mine shitcoin launches - pump and dump asap), but will you get a positive return on your investment? i wouldn't take the chance on a shitcoin miner of that magnitude, so i'll never know first hand.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
Collider

Activity: 714

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 06:06:53 AM
Last edit: April 21, 2014, 06:26:53 AM by Collider

May 21 is the earliest I've heard.  If a lot of hashpower goes online before KNC delivers, the Titan will be worthless.

As in one of my earlier posts, in most European countries, including Sweden, consumer protection law gives you the right to reverse the purchase within 14 days.
These 14days begin only from the moment you are informed by the company of this right, so if they never inform you, you can always request a refund.

Consumer protection law is much tighter and better enforced in Europe than in most countries.
Collider

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 06:17:09 AM

LOL. In your dreams.

First of all, i guess earliest is June.
With 10/12k you can get 4th delivered NOW or atleast early May (spondoolies sp10).

My prediction for hashrate on the final KnC Neptune will not exceed 4,5th by much, and plan B only seems to cover 3Th.

My prediction for power consumption is no better than 0,7W/GH/s. (As stated by them, 30% better efficiency, 1,2W/GH/s *0,7 --> only 0,84W/GH/s)

Dont forget to add 300-450$ for PSUs and along the same 300$ for shipping cost, giving you ~10,7/12,7k cost.
Even for 4,5 TH that is only 2,377$/GH, and that is assuming this +50% performance increase, which nobody guarantees in any way.

Again you can get ~2,4$/GH NOW/within 2 weeks.

Spondoolies sp30 group buy even gives you 10,8TH for 9k, delivered in August, with better power efficiency, without hoping for KnC´s mercy.

They even have special payment conditions for customers awaiting KnC refunds.

By the way, hasn´t KnC recently announced PSU requirements? Something along the line of 2,4kw?
Even with 0,7w/GH/s that is only 3,428TH and they admitted to having safety margins in the PSU announcement, so it should be less.
raskul

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 07:50:58 AM

while on the the topic of KnC scrypt rig - 'Titan'
these are on the market 1st May...
http://www.innosilicon.com/A2.htm

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
murraypaul

Activity: 476

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 08:24:30 AM
Last edit: April 21, 2014, 09:36:03 AM by murraypaul

May 21 is the earliest I've heard.  If a lot of hashpower goes online before KNC delivers, the Titan will be worthless.

As in one of my earlier posts, in most European countries, including Sweden, consumer protection law gives you the right to reverse the purchase within 14 days.
These 14days begin only from the moment you are informed by the company of this right, so if they never inform you, you can always request a refund.

Consumer protection law is much tighter and better enforced in Europe than in most countries.

Which is why they made a point of insisting that you were contracting with them a business, not a consumer.
(Despite Bitcoinorama's claims that it didn't affect your rights)

BTC: 16TgAGdiTSsTWSsBDphebNJCFr1NT78xFW
SRC: scefi1XMhq91n3oF5FrE3HqddVvvCZP9KB
The Avenger

Activity: 798

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 09:07:47 AM

Surprisingly, there are companies in crypto-biz that look to establish long term relations with their clients and partners, and base their operations on honest practices, rather then get rich quick schemes.

RoadStress (among others) recognized this early, hence he decided to organize the group sale.
Surprisingly, every crypto company has started out with this intention and probably 90% have gone bad, breaking their own terms of sale etc.

As new kid on the block, you guys are in the same position KNC were in this time last year - "buy from us, we are honest and we haven't f@#ked up YET".

We'll see how you guys operate if you become big and when the shit inevitably hits the fan, as it always does. You better hope it's not the Easter Sale batch, as that will be the end of your company as the first bulk buy in your products Wink

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938

LIR DEV

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 12:32:07 PM
Last edit: April 21, 2014, 12:45:59 PM by Phoenix1969

Oh boy, you are in for a surprise, lol.

Good luck with that. You can argue CPL's 'till the "cows come home" wont make a difference.
Go ahead, refund a Titan and see...
Bitcoin purchases are irreversible, no matter what your local laws are.

Also... even when they DO refund items... it has taken up to a month. A lucky few had refunds go quicker.
One of mine was as fast as 2 weeks. One took a month.

P.S. Oddly, the customer with the foulest mouth in here held on to his Neptune order the longest.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 12:45:53 PM

My Group Buy just hit the 250 units mark! Let's hit the 1000 units mark next!

Collider

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 01:08:02 PM

Bitcoin purchases are irreversible, no matter what your local laws are.

Are you seriously arguing that from a legal standpoint, normal contract/consumer protection laws are nonexistant because the payment vehicle was Bitcoin?

That is just absurd. Dont you think it would be fraud when we decide and make a legally binding agreement that we will swap a cow with 1T carrotts, and one of us would not deliver?

Also, sadly i cant try and refund a Titan order, because I was wise enough to not make one, and so should anybody, I mean seriously, equipment delivered in ~6months? really?

The Innosilicon A2 already exists and will be produced in mass, until any profit left is gone.
(specs are i think 1,5MH/s with 10W power draw or sth.)

My Group Buy just hit the 250 units mark! Let's hit the 1000 units mark next!

Nice, get yer fresh miners here!
Pages: « 1 ... 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 1610 1611 1612 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 [1624] 1625 1626 1627 1628 1629 1630 1631 1632 1633 1634 1635 1636 1637 1638 1639 1640 1641 1642 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 1648 1649 1650 1651 1652 1653 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 1659 1660 1661 1662 1663 1664 1665 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: