Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:01:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 1610 1611 1612 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 1629 1630 1631 1632 1633 1634 1635 1636 1637 [1638] 1639 1640 1641 1642 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 1648 1649 1650 1651 1652 1653 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 1659 1660 1661 1662 1663 1664 1665 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 1685 1686 1687 1688 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049460 times)
5craziest

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 05:52:28 PM

Indicators show we're heading to $265.

You too have a magic crystal ball?

Mine said we are heading towards $2000

Even some of the "smartest" people in this industry have no idea what bitcoin is going to do. All they can do is guess, like everyone else. I still think it will drop down to $300 and hover there a little while before going up significantly.

Number one rule of Wall Street. Nobody, I don't care if you're Warren Buffet or if you're Jimmy Buffet, nobody knows if a stock is gonna go up, down, sideways or in fucking circles, least of all stock brokers, right?

Mark Hanna/Wolf of Wall Street

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2014, 06:05:29 PM

In the same boat, waiting a week now for my refund they agreed to issue in BTC and now no response to e-mails.  Fuck these guys so bad.

Well they said they will refund in 7-10 business days so that may explain the delay, but it's still stupid to have to wait 10 working days when they were mining 500k$ per day.

This. a pisstake - they are not short of the cash, or the BTC - I have friends who are adamant that they are keeping their neptune orders... i think in some vague hope that they will become magical 6TH/s unicorns. For my friends sake, i hope they get what they want but it just doesn't look very likely. What might even 6TH/s get you, in september...

How would they power it and/or keep it cool? Yea, while it is nice to get a higher hashrate rig you still need ample power and cooling requirements for it which at least in a normal US home doesn't have. I have a home built in 2005. 3 bedrooms, 2 full bath rooms, kitchen, etc...and only has 100AMP panel. Economic woes and just greed alone keeps builders putting just enough in a home for what  you have there and that's about it.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 06:13:40 PM

In the same boat, waiting a week now for my refund they agreed to issue in BTC and now no response to e-mails.  Fuck these guys so bad.

Well they said they will refund in 7-10 business days so that may explain the delay, but it's still stupid to have to wait 10 working days when they were mining 500k$ per day.

This. a pisstake - they are not short of the cash, or the BTC - I have friends who are adamant that they are keeping their neptune orders... i think in some vague hope that they will become magical 6TH/s unicorns. For my friends sake, i hope they get what they want but it just doesn't look very likely. What might even 6TH/s get you, in september...

How would they power it and/or keep it cool? Yea, while it is nice to get a higher hashrate rig you still need ample power and cooling requirements for it which at least in a normal US home doesn't have. I have a home built in 2005. 3 bedrooms, 2 full bath rooms, kitchen, etc...and only has 100AMP panel. Economic woes and just greed alone keeps builders putting just enough in a home for what  you have there and that's about it.

a very valid argument, I think there is discussion about having the rig hosted.. however i'm not so sure that the returns will be viable, by the time they ship these things... and, my '6TH/s' remark (as I've discussed at length with friends) is a bit of a pipe-dream... i shouldn't expect it to be that when it arrives. I'm watching with interest though, and i've promised not to mock when they finally under-deliver with excessive delay - gotta be some balance in the world huh?

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
SgtMoth

Activity: 910
Merit: 1004

buy silver!

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 06:15:47 PM

Do you still think it was only 2 reports and I was just a KNC hater?
I was merely reporting the facts.

and now for a prediction... ... here comes the datahall offer for FrankenJupiter convertees...

*Someone's gonna be really pissed off at KNC when they realize what just happened, and why IMHO.

nope, just worried cause i received mine but didnt get it inspected before i mailed it again.  im trying to stop it now, before any more damage happens.  you said there were dozens of reports but didnt provide any proof and at that time i only found 2 reports.  it wasnt until i talked to my other buddy in florida, who had 5 unit sent and all five were fkd.
raskul

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 06:26:09 PM

So how many cases of the herp derp super jupiters have been reported?

and now for a prediction... ... here comes the datahall offer for FrankenJupiter convertees...

*Someone's gonna be really pissed off at KNC when they realize what just happened, and why IMHO.

nope, just worried cause i received mine but didnt get it inspected before i mailed it again.  im trying to stop it now, before any more damage happens.  you said there were dozens of reports but didnt provide any proof and at that time i only found 2 reports.  it wasnt until i talked to my other buddy in florida, who had 5 unit sent and all five were fkd.

dogie was asking...  Roll Eyes
perhaps he's considering a downgrade in his ratings thread... I should hope so.

Gazza1

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 06:59:04 PM

Realistic ETA on Titans? 

Impossible is a word found only in the dictionary of fools.
SgtMoth

Activity: 910

buy silver!

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 07:00:24 PM

So how many cases of the herp derp super jupiters have been reported?

dogie was asking...  Roll Eyes
perhaps he's considering a downgrade in his ratings thread... I should hope so.

Wow, scrambled Franken-Scrap.
The complaints are coming in by the dozen.
Holy shit!

Ive only seen 2 reports....mine "APPEARS to be fine"
raskul

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 07:07:24 PM

Realistic ETA on Titans?  

I can only think of icebergs. sorry, realistically... if KnC are not man enough to come into this thread and answer your queries, I don't think you should be giving them your money. Not only have they proved to be "cheap bastards" but they have also proved to be totally chickenshit and entirely incompetent commercially.

I doubt you will ever get a real answer to your question... Q6/Q7 of the year 2045 perhaps?

sbfree

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 07:16:41 PM

I imagine due to the Heat sink not being screwed down, but rather being held down by "pressure" from foam and the top of the case cover, that most if not all units will need to be opened, inspected and properly re-assembled if the boards are still viable.
Avenger mentioned that the boxes had no sign or arrow for "up" which then allowed for the boxes to be rotated as they moved along the shipping line, and this caused most if not all heat sinks to slip off the ASIC CHIP. I have some heat sinks that are about side ways laying across the boards, so pushing with a pen/pencil through the slots WILL NOT BE AN OPTION.

Whatever happens, I am not mining with these or powering them on until I get word from KNC. I unpacked each unit as carefully as possible to look for small pieces (resistors) and found at least 1 or 2 in the wrapping of every unit and way more in others where the heat sinks beat the shit out of the boards. Some boards I can visibly see they are fucked, but others I can not so I take no chances.

I have received an email that says basically 'hurry up and wait' we'll get to your problem order number 666666666 or something like that.
opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2014, 07:21:31 PM

ouch!

from knc Forum:

Got delivery of the "Super Jupiters" - WTF KnC

Today, 05:29 AM

UPS just delivered two huge parcels from KnC. Opening them I was surprised to find 6 smaller aluminium boxes with 3 ASIC boards and fans on it. When looking through the grills I noticed that some of the big fans were not sitting even straight on the boards and some even had a rubber band around them. Assuming one has to self assemble them, so probably that careless and bad mounting job was done intentionally. I found out that one can remove the white plugs from the bottom and has to open the boxes to remount the fans which might or might not have damages the ASIC boards as they were touching other parts of the board. Extremely disappointed with that bad way of shipping. What happened KnC??

I continued to unpack and found three controller boards with the beagle bone on it and a bundle of cables. That's it. No case, no box for the controller boards, no MANUAL of how to put it all together. I have to buy today 3 * 1200 W PSU and two ethernet cables (KnC said all cables provided...) and also an ethernet hub. Very disappointed.

The foam which should hold the fans in place is too short to fill out the box perfectly and seems to have been just squeezes in, no wonder the fans dont sit properly on the boards, not even where they should be but touch other parts. The paste which should help to glue them together is smeared all over the boards. No idea why they put rubber bands around the fans.
 MORE PROBLEMS!!!! Noticed some transistors have fallen off, not properly wielded on the boards!!!!!

Is there an online manual of how to set up the Super Juniors or does KnC not even care that customers paid 10.000 - 12.000 USD for that crap.

Or do we get punished by not believing any longer that they will ever ship their Neptunes.

Bad Job KnC, you really lost it

As I don't think those Jupiters are safe to turn on even and on every cable there is a warning note that warranty is void if opened, I don't even dare to turn them on especially with parts having broken off the ASIC board. I emailed KnC and will wait for their reply how to solve that situation. Very upset.

Today, 07:21 AM

Having unpacked all 6 boxes, on 5 of them the big massive fans have become loose and damaged the ASIC boards. From another one a huge part even fell out. Have those parts not been even soldered properly??? I was a huge fan of the Jupiter and everything worked smoothly with it. Even when it broke down after a few weeks, KnC asked me to send back the boards and replaced them with new ones.

Now, I have written to customer support, also to Sam directly and will wait until they reply, sitting on a lot of broken boxes and a big bill for the 3 PSU's and the Ethernet hub I have purchased. I don't dare to plug in those "Super" Juniors as they are definitely not safe to be run and might even burn down my apartment. I am extremely disappointed with KnC and wait how they will handle the refund process. I paid 10.000 USD, waited for months and get a replacement product for the Neptune which is a safety hazard to turn on and falls into pieces on arrival? This is what KnC has become.

I am waiting for KnC's email to suggest a solution. I definitely won't pay return shipping for 20 kg of hardware garbage. Really shocked

http://forum.kncminer.com/forum/main-category/hardware/36790-got-delivery-of-the-super-jupiters-wtf-knc

You are pretty much screwed. By the time you get everything settled and fixed up and you are ready to power up your hardware you'll be making negative. Looks like KNC is just throwing parts carelessly in a box without proper packaging as they always have and letting it all fall on the customer again.

xstr8guy

Activity: 784

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 07:34:03 PM

Indicators show we're heading to $265.

You too have a magic crystal ball?

Mine said we are heading towards $2000

Just my kind of luck... buy at $2000 and sell at $265, lol. I'll leave trading to people with more analytical minds than my own.

I'll probably just keep hashing away and dumping my BTC earnings back into gear until there's zero return. They're going to have to be hosted rigs from this point forward though. It not even May and my A/C is running 24/7. It's going to be a long hot summer and my FrankenJup and Monarchs aren't even here yet.

I have one upgraded rig with 4 modules that has kept my entire office warm all winter. I disconnected the heat duct to that room also. You said you are dumping your earnings back into the hardware, but buying what?

I have gear from ASICMiner (now defunct), BFL, Bitfury, BitMain, Gridseed and KNC totaling 6THs. That should be 7THs but thanks to the pile of crap FrakenJup, I'm down 1THs. I also have 3, maybe 4 Monarchs coming in "two weeks" to six months (or maybe never).

Granted, I would have probably never have had a positive ROI if it weren't for timely purchases and the high price of BTC. But because some of the early miners were bought with fiat and much of the later miners were purchased while BTC prices were high, I did alright.

It's the one time in my life when everything fell into place. Now I'm being punished with FRANKENJUP!
xstr8guy

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 07:37:32 PM

Realistic ETA on Titans? 

I'll say it one more time.

Never.

You're going to get 3THs of hosted mining on June 30th.

The end.
xstr8guy

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 07:50:55 PM

I imagine due to the Heat sink not being screwed down, but rather being held down by "pressure" from foam and the top of the case cover, that most if not all units will need to be opened, inspected and properly re-assembled if the boards are still viable.

The cases are riveted shut and we aren't allowed to open them without voiding the very generous 90 day warranty. We were instructed to stick a pencil inside the narrow slits in the case (exactly the width of a pencil) and push the heatsink/fans around to line them up on the chips.

I think they may have returned to the assembly practice of leaving the plastic square on the bottom of the heatsinks. It's hard to see because the thermal grease is slopped on really thick. But I have a couple that have an extra edge around the top of the chip and they run very hot. At first I thought that maybe the lid of the chip had popped up from pressure from shipping. And then I remembered the "plastic on the heatsink" problem from before.

Btw, has anyone else been brave enough to try to get their FrankenJups running? I'm looking for tips on how I can "reanimate" (oh look, a Frankenstein reference!) some of my FrankenJup's chips that don't run at all.
opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2014, 08:03:57 PM

Prediction: They did this knowing there would be issues. They'll then act like they're helping and promise to make it better. 2 weeks of silence. Then they'll say due to XYZ issue, there will be delays. After ABC time will re-ship you same  or worse equipment.

This is another tactic to push everyone to use their cloud hashing! It is basically a marketing tactic to send faulty hardware that's never going to work and the customer knows that it will be weeks and weeks before they get settled properly, so KNC offers the desperate customer their cloud hashing program subscription. It is pretty pathetic this multi-million dollar company can't even now properly ship out hardware. Custom hardware is shipped all over the world with no problems, but these guys took such a horrible approach to it really didn't care if the product came as expected or not. They basically just shoved parts in a box with no packing support and sent it out. No insurance, nothing. Thank god I cut my ties with this company a while ago.

I just really hope all the delusional people on here that are KNC fanboys remember this and cancel their Titan order(s).

raskul

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 08:09:56 PM

Prediction: They did this knowing there would be issues. They'll then act like they're helping and promise to make it better. 2 weeks of silence. Then they'll say due to XYZ issue, there will be delays. After ABC time will re-ship you same  or worse equipment.

This is another tactic to push everyone to use their cloud hashing! It is basically a marketing tactic to send faulty hardware that's never going to work and the customer knows that it will be weeks and weeks before they get settled properly, so KNC offers the desperate customer their cloud hashing program subscription. It is pretty pathetic this multi-million dollar company can't even now properly ship out hardware. Custom hardware is shipped all over the world with no problems, but these guys took such a horrible approach to it really didn't care if the product came as expected or not. They basically just shoved parts in a box with no packing support and sent it out. No insurance, nothing. Thank god I cut my ties with this company a while ago.

I just really hope all the delusional people on here that are KNC fanboys remember this and cancel their Titan order(s).

i'm actually surprised that anyone could think so lowly of another human being to think that this is a viable marketing ploy. You'd have thought they might have learned already... it's not the customer who is stupid, but their own marketing department!!!

xstr8guy

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 08:18:48 PM

i'm actually surprised that anyone could think so lowly of another human being to think that this is a viable marketing ploy. You'd have thought they might have learned already... it's not the customer who is stupid, but their own marketing department!!!

Lol, the ploy is working for me. If they can't fix this situation to my satisfaction, I'll happily accept cloudhashing as a replacement. But I'm keeping this Pile O' Crap* until then!

* My new preferred name for FrankenJup is now Pile O' Crap.
raskul

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 08:20:02 PM

Lol, the ploy is working for me. If they can't fix this situation to my satisfaction, I'll happily accept cloudhashing as a replacement. But I'm keeping this Pile O' Crap* until then!

so.. it seems it's more of a blackmail ploy, than a marketing ploy. i'm sure there are laws against that.

xstr8guy

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 08:23:58 PM

so.. it seems it's more of a blackmail ploy, than a marketing ploy. i'm sure there are laws against that.

Extortion may be a better word.

This is sad.
raskul

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 08:27:36 PM

Prediction: They did this knowing there would be issues. They'll then act like they're helping and promise to make it better. 2 weeks of silence. Then they'll say due to XYZ issue, there will be delays. After ABC time will re-ship you same  or worse equipment.

Extortion may be a better word.

This is sad.

it is that, is there any way to contact the authorities in Sweden about it?
I mean, i'm perplexed from what i've read, if I'm reading it right, it's all a bit confusing - they ship you a box of bits, which are borked and scattered in a box which is riveted shut and advise you that if you open the box (to rebuild the rig) you will void warranty??

yes, in that, they have extorted money from you. please someone tell me i've got this wrong??

ADD: my advice would be to power it up (video it from all angles), just as you receive it (at a safe distance from your home) and start a class action law suit against them. Would anyone like to begin a thread to gather interest on this?

RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 09:14:23 PM

This is the best PR move that they could think of? I can't think of this being a marketing move. I can understand they ULTRA-SLOW and incompetent Financial Department that needs MORE THAN 10 BUSINESS DAYS to issue a simple refund, but this marketing move doesn't make any sense.

Pages: « 1 ... 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 1610 1611 1612 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 1629 1630 1631 1632 1633 1634 1635 1636 1637 [1638] 1639 1640 1641 1642 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 1648 1649 1650 1651 1652 1653 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 1659 1660 1661 1662 1663 1664 1665 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 1685 1686 1687 1688 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: