Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:03:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 [136] 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 ... 331 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [MOON] Mooncoin 🌙 Proof-of-Work, launched in 2013  (Read 317673 times)
Littlestan

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 06:28:17 PM

The software implement decentralized system. The network consist of equal nodes.
There are not master nodes present in the network, there are not nodes available more equal than others.

The same is with the Mooncoin community. The users are equivalent.

The twitter, the logo, the official website, "mooncoin" fund controlled by single person, ... and now Mooncoin board of directors (lol), ... it seems like few people trying to TO and taking decisions on behalf of the Mooncoin community without no one delegate them such rights.

The actions taken so far bring Mooncoin in wrong directions. The intentions of those people are not clear.

Board of directors of Mooncoin. Enforced and populated by accounts few months old.

This ridiculous proposition is denied.

Don't bother to answer me pls.

I should apologize that you're seemingly upset that things are finally moving and showing progression. It was incredibly audacious
of us in the Discord to regain control of years long abandoned or inactive social media accounts and actually use them to actively spread
the news of Mooncoin and it's happenings. /s

Seeing as I'm holding and managing the MCF, I'm interested to hear how you would see a donation fund with a single address under
the control of multiple people.

As far as WE go (yes, I know it pains you to consider US as part of YOU, but there it is) our intentions are altruistic; we
want to see MOON's original plan of MoonEdu be an incredible success, as well as it's other proposed functions. (SmartLikes, MoonWord,
MoonLite, etc.) Btw, we're all still anxiously waiting to hear about the efforts you've put forth and amazing things you've done for Mooncoin.

Honest question: who *specifically* should we be looking to and waiting on to make the decisions for Mooncoin?
It sounds an awful lot like you think you are: "This ridiculous proposition is denied."

The Board would be comprised of those who the Mooncoin Community (that means everyone, not just those in Discord) votes in. If
you're afraid that a Board would be a majority of Discord members... maybe you should consider what that means.

Also, do you realize you're posting on a public forum and simply saying 'Don't bother to answer me pls.' is incredibly childish? You
don't get to post crap totally unchallenged.
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
midmir

Activity: 159

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 06:35:39 PM

The results are in. 42 people voted. 40 in favour of a board, 2 against.

The result is clear that there is an obvious demand for a board.

https://www.poll-maker.com/results1133901xA98F30AA-47#tab-2

The board selection process begins now. There will be a total of 12 equal seats- no CEO.

If you want to become a board member, post what qualifies you for the position on this forum.

Members will be chosen based on merit - qualification, experience, and loyalty to mooncoin.

If we don't reach the maximum number of seats, anyone who posts an application will get a seat on the board, unless people feel strongly against the application.

Be prepared to have your application scrutinized by the community and have evidence prepared if it is requested.

Barry has a seat already.

Board selection will last as long as is needed.

Bulshit.

The poll is titled "Do you support a community board?"

It says nothing about 12 members and no CEO.

Is this your decision Big-moon-discord (Date Registered:    May 26, 2017)? Why not 13 members? Do you see what I am talking about?

40 "votes" can not decide for community of thousands. I was not aware of such poll.
The poll is not legit.

This TO simply is not going to happen.

Mooncoin is not company nor is yours to decide its fate by centralizing it.
midmir

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 06:41:47 PM

Seeing as I'm holding and managing the MCF, I'm interested to hear how you would see a donation fund with a single address under

Fellow Mooners, do you see how incompetent those guys are?

Littlestan, Big-moon-discord, Jasperrr, ...
Why don't you just fork Mooncoin to anything else and then play as directors all day long?
Do you want us to help you with the fork?
Mooncoin_Foundation (OP)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 550

Mooncoin at Bitcointalk

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2017, 06:44:27 PM

The problem with your approach is,
when you came to MOON, you're welcome, by this friendly community,
you were welcome to suggest things and even to decide them (if other people, including experienced users, don't mind them actively).

But then you told to this Bitcointalk Mooncoin community: yes, we are welcome,
but you are NOT welcome, we will decide things, and if you don't agree, it doesn't matter.

What if majority is not experienced, or not wise to decide things?
That will result in affecting Mooncoin.
You think that it will be a progress, but in fact people will lose money due to decisions which are not wise, made by newcomers in the Altcoin scene.
Maybe years will pass before you'll get good understanding of how everything works (not technically only), and who will pay for mistakes? Mooncoin investors.

That is the point.

Littlestan

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 06:53:16 PM

The problem with your approach is,
when you came to MOON, you're welcome, by this friendly community,
you were welcome to suggest things and even to decide them (if other people, including experienced users, don't mind them actively).

But then you told to this Bitcointalk Mooncoin community: yes, we are welcome,
but you are NOT welcome, we will decide things, and if you don't agree, it doesn't matter.

What if majority is not experienced, or not wise to decide things?
That will result in affecting Mooncoin.
You think that it will be a progress, but in fact people will lose money due to decisions which are not wise, made by newcomers in the Altcoin scene.
Maybe years will pass before you'll get good understanding of how everything works (not technically only), and who will pay for mistakes? Mooncoin investors.

That is the point.

Ok, then who should we be looking to then, specifically?
Littlestan

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 06:54:36 PM

Fellow Mooners, do you see how incompetent those guys are?

Littlestan, Big-moon-discord, Jasperrr, ...
Why don't you just fork Mooncoin to anything else and then play as directors all day long?
Do you want us to help you with the fork?

This isn't an answer. How do you have a single donation address under the control of multiple people? Also, who
would these people be and how would you choose them?
Mooncoin_Foundation (OP)

Mooncoin at Bitcointalk

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2017, 07:02:39 PM

At the beginning of this year, Lunacoin (LUNA) was launched.
They spent a lot of money for marketing campaign, hired representatives all over the world,
listed LUNA at many exchanges.
Their website had a very big traffic (hundreds of thousands of visitors per day),
I've contacted the Lunacoin dev then and told him:
you have no idea how difficult it will be to support Lunacoin,
why hadn't you just joined MOON with all your marketing resources?
You could benefit a lot from the partnership with MOON rather than launching another coin with a Moon theme.

A dev just ignored my PM.
Many investors invested BTCs in LUNA, the market cap of LUNA was higher for a while than Mooncoin's one,
and now after several months you may want to check its market cap
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/luna-coin/
$29 000 despite of listing at Livecoin.net.

Re: you and not only you, we all should listen to experienced members that have seen and understand things,
like if we all are in the same boat in the ocean we should listen to people who have a real experience, who can orient this boat and know things.

Littlestan

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 07:06:00 PM
Last edit: August 02, 2017, 07:46:12 PM by Littlestan

At the beginning of this year, Lunacoin (LUNA) was launched.
They spent a lot of money for marketing campaign, hired representatives all over the world,
listed LUNA at many exchanges.
Their website had a very big traffic (hundreds of thousands of people per day),
I've contacted the Lunacoin dev then and told him:
you have no idea how difficult it will be to support Lunacoin,
why hadn't you just joined MOON with all your marketing resources?
You could benefit a lot from the partnership with MOON rather than launching another coin with a Moon theme.

A dev just ignored my PM.
Many investors invested BTCs in LUNA, the market cap of LUNA was higher for a while than Mooncoin's one,
and now after several months you may want to check its market cap
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/luna-coin/
$29 000 despite of listing at Livecoin.net.

Re: you and not only you, we all should listen to experienced members that have seen and understand things,
like if we all are in the same boat in the ocean we should listen to people who have a real experience, who can orient this boat and know things.

Having a Board doesn't exclude or diminish the value of others with good ideas or better experiences. It simply allows the
flow of decisions to go through much more quickly and without the constant pages long useless battling. It does not
mean every thought, idea or decision will be acted upon willy nilly.

Again I ask; who *exactly* are we *currently* to look to for getting things done?
LoveandPeace2018

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 07:42:19 PM
Last edit: August 03, 2017, 10:22:53 AM by LoveandPeace2018

I think "Big-moon-discord" is right having board. but instead of having board, I think recruiting new staffs will be the best and those staffs should be published officially on mooncoin website. Then each staffs should do their work in a unify way. I like "Big-moon-discord"s move anyway, it forced barry to come online. He's been silent for days. I've been silently following posts for months, I was surprised to see a youcaring donation, initially, I thought it was a scam because I never thought the poster is part of mooncoin team.

Please hire more team and let their names be listed on the mooncoin website. we need to know the official team and they should be updating the community.

I wish mooncoin great tomorrow
Mooncoin_Foundation (OP)

Mooncoin at Bitcointalk

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2017, 07:55:33 PM

If you ask just about my opinion, I trust agswinner, coinflow, Zeta0S, nico12321, Wekkel, metamorphin,
Bitbobb, Abiky, polemarhos888, midmir, arcmetal, gjhiggins, DigitalCurrencyConsultant, bitcointalk
and other people, sorry if not mentioned,
barry is extravagant, he is very experienced and lives in another world, anyway I trust him,

from newcomers Evangelo, to a degree Zareeth (he ignored my last PM though when I've tried to find a consensus between a Discord and Bitcointalk community,
so not sure if he is really interested in the consensus), Jasperr seems to understand things to an extent (but he doesn't understand decentralised classic coins, their unique spirit and philosophy, their unique nature, and their market niche and he is focusing on ICOs, companies-like coins, when talking about crypto), also Tomorrowman (a designer, people liked his work),

the best approach for me is just to ask people's opinion in this thread, and not just count 10 agree 9 not,
no, a real consensus is when all agree (especially experienced users who have seen things),
if one doesn't agree, then my approach is not just to tell him: 'you are a loser', no, to find out, why he doesn't agree, to think it over.
Sometimes even if 1 experienced person doesn't agree, you should rethink your approach, and all people only will benefit from it.

Also, in my opinion, if to return a blue Moon logo (with some slight changes of shape and color, proposed by Tomorrowman),
MOON could gain at least 30-40 percent in price.
There is a lot of traffic from Coinmarketcap where people see mostly the name and the logo, a current logo at coinmarketcap (no one from experienced users approved it at Bitcointalk and many were saying against it) doesn't 'catch' people, it doesn't look great especially when it's of small size, and looks just like one of many other not interesting coins logos at Coinmarketcap.

Littlestan

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 08:13:16 PM

If you ask just about my opinion, I trust agswinner, coinflow, Zeta0S, nico12321, Wekkel, metamorphin,
Bitbobb, Abiky, polemarhos888, midmir, arcmetal, gjhiggins, DigitalCurrencyConsultant, bitcointalk
and other people, sorry if not mentioned,
barry is extravagant, he is very experienced and lives in another world, anyway I trust him,

from newcomers Evangelo, to a degree Zareeth (he ignored my last PM though when I've tried to find a consensus between a Discord and Bitcointalk community,
so not sure if he is really interested in the consensus), Jasperr seems to understand things to an extent (but he doesn't understand decentralised classic coins, their unique spirit and philosophy, their unique nature, and their market niche and he is focusing on ICOs, companies-like coins, when talking about crypto), also Tomorrowman (a designer, people liked his work),

the best approach for me is just to ask people's opinion in this thread, and not just count 10 agree 9 not,
no, a real consensus is when all agree (especially experienced users who have seen things),
if one doesn't agree, then my approach is not just to tell him: 'you are a loser', no, to find out, why he doesn't agree, to think it over.
Sometimes even if 1 experienced person doesn't agree, you should rethink your approach, and all people only will benefit from it.

Also, in my opinion, if to return a blue Moon logo (with some slight changes of shape and color, proposed by Tomorrowman),
There is a lot of traffic from Coinmarketcap where people see mostly the name and the logo, a current logo at coinmarketcap (no one from experienced users approved it at Bitcointalk and many were saying against it) doesn't 'catch' people, it doesn't look great especially when it's of small size, and looks just like one of many other not interesting coins logos at Coinmarketcap.

You will never get a true 100% consensus on anything. I know you've been around the world long enough to understand that.

I didn't ask who you trust; that's entirely subjective and unimportant in this context. I asked who it is the Mooncoin Community
should go to for getting things done. WHO decides WHAT happens, Mooncoin_Foundation?
Mooncoin_Foundation (OP)

Mooncoin at Bitcointalk

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2017, 08:30:30 PM

Who decides will a block explorer continue, or not?
One who donates, if no one donates, an explorer discontinues.

Who decides to list MOON or not? An exchange admin.

Who decides to update MOON's wallet or not? People, mining pools, exchanges, explorers, other services etc.

Who decided to freeze Cryptsy addresses? People who had coins at Cryptsy, who had the most of these coins.

Who decides to buy MOON or not? Investors.

Who decides to start a new project, based on MOON? One who has an idea and wants to run this project.

Who decides which a difficulty retarget algo is the best one for MOON now? Barry, because he is testing it.

There is the word 'consensus', for decentralised systems.

Sentti

Activity: 203

BITG & CHX & FTX Community

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 08:35:40 PM

I Agree 100% on this.

midmir

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 08:41:08 PM

I Agree 100% on this.

+1
Littlestan

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 08:44:40 PM

Who decides will a block explorer continue, or not?
One who donates, if no one donates, an explorer discontinues.

Who decides to list MOON or not? An exchange admin.

Who decides to update MOON's wallet or not? People, mining pools, exchanges, explorers, other services etc.

Who decided to freeze Cryptsy addresses? People who had coins at Cryptsy, who had the most of these coins.

Who decides to buy MOON or not? Investors.

Who decides to start a new project, based on MOON? One who has an idea and wants to run this project.

Who decides which a difficulty retarget algo is the best one for MOON now? Barry, because he is testing it.

There is the word 'consensus', for decentralised systems.

And while all these things might eventually be done by just floating around and maybe, possibly get there,
a Board would ensure organization and directed efforts to ensure actual, real progress in a timely manner.

A Board would have organized a Developer Assistance Fund long ago to secure a dev for consistent, regular updates
to the code and wallet. The Community here did next to nothing to help barry or show him their appreciation. It took a regular concerned
dude (me) to take it on myself to start a crowdfund up after the Discord came to the conclusion we have to DO SOMETHING.

If you were actually on the Discord, you would be aware that barry had at length conversations with us regarding the
choice for the new algorithm. Weirdly enough, like a bunch of other things!  Roll Eyes

You're listing all sorts of items that have nothing to contribute towards a centralized/decentralized argument. We're not
suggesting centralization; we're suggesting organization.

For the 4th time; WHO currently decides WHAT happens with Mooncoin itself? If your response continues to be 'everyone
decides everything to do with Mooncoin', then you don't understand the question.

Mooncoin_Foundation (OP)

Mooncoin at Bitcointalk

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2017, 08:52:02 PM

I don't know who decides, maybe a board or Discord,
you already updated the logo at Coinmarketcap, ignoring a lot of Bitcointalk members opinions,
but I know who works: barrysty1e.

It looks like we have hundreds of decision makers now, but only one real worker.

Littlestan

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 08:55:34 PM

you already updated the logo at Coinmarketcap, ignoring a lot of Bitcointalk members opinions,

It looks like we have hundreds of decision makers now, but only one real worker.

If you seriously think barry is the only one working, then you truly have no grasp of what is happening.
agswinner
Legendary

Activity: 1375
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2017, 08:57:50 PM

I Agree 100% on this.

+1

I agree , Twitter Mooncoinitalia account update with blue MOON logo  Roll Eyes

Mooncoin Community New Fund address : MLfg3H5V81ZKBHA8qe35U2L28T2sgXkY1L
Web wallet : https://cointopay.com , Mooncoin web :  http://mooncoin.com
http://twitter.com/mooncoinitalia , https://www.facebook.com/mooncoin.italia/
Mooncoin_Foundation (OP)

Mooncoin at Bitcointalk

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2017, 09:06:15 PM

If you seriously think barry is the only one working, then you truly have no grasp of what is happening.

No, I know that Jasperr is working on a project, and Evangelo, and more people on other projects,
I've just meant the wallet development itself.

I've tried to answer all questions from several Discord users,
maybe some other people could provide more answers just for better understanding,
I'm quite sure that many Bitcointalk members understand what we were talking about and could contribute to this discussing.

Littlestan

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 09:18:17 PM

No, I know that Jasperr is working on a project, and Evangelo, and more people on other projects,
I've just meant the wallet development itself.

I've tried to answer all questions from several Discord users,
maybe some other people could provide more answers just for better understanding,
I'm quite sure that many Bitcointalk members understand what we were talking about and could contribute to this discussing.

Ah, yes, you're right about the wallet development. Sorry about that.

Honestly, I think we're all wanting the same thing but the problem is there's too many ways to go about it, each with their own pros and cons.
Pages: « 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 [136] 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 ... 331 »
  Print  

Jump to: