March 19, 2024, 08:51:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
$65,000 - 59 (86.8%)
$48,000 - 9 (13.2%)
Total Voters: 68

Pages: « 1 ... 19564 19565 19566 19567 19568 19569 19570 19571 19572 19573 19574 19575 19576 19577 19578 19579 19580 19581 19582 19583 19584 19585 19586 19587 19588 19589 19590 19591 19592 19593 19594 19595 19596 19597 19598 19599 19600 19601 19602 19603 19604 19605 19606 19607 19608 19609 19610 19611 19612 19613 [19614] 19615 19616 19617 19618 19619 19620 19621 19622 19623 19624 19625 19626 19627 19628 19629 19630 19631 19632 19633 19634 19635 19636 19637 19638 19639 19640 19641 19642 19643 19644 19645 19646 19647 19648 19649 19650 19651 19652 19653 19654 19655 19656 19657 19658 19659 19660 19661 19662 19663 19664 ... 33173 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26330569 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (170 posts by 1 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 07:07:18 PM

I stopped believing that it is possible to apply regular TA to Bitcoin: I strongly believe that Bitcoin its a very rare beast during these times. No support or resistance lasts too long here and the same applies to ATHs.
Bitcoin's crazy stuff.
Good day guys. Go out and have fun

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Last of the V8s
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 4392

Be a bank

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 07:19:01 PM

Been summoned to a family lunch today. Least Favourite Daughter-in-Law wants 'to have a serious talk'. Can't seem to find my chequebook, but am sure that won't matter. Mustn't be late.

I’m in Cape Verde (just waiting for coach back to airport) with inlaws which has been paid for by us (they’re cheap bastards). Can’t wait to get home now tbh Grin

Families are a pain in the ass especially one’s who aren’t blood.

Well I did her a great disfavour prejudging her so. Last Christmas I'd apparently been teasing them all that bitcoin is tied to identity and when a holder dies their coin has to go back in to the 'mining pool', so they shouldn't expect anything from me. But lo she had since done some research 'for me' and this is not the case at all. In fact, it is quite like real money and you can just send it to anyone. Perhaps if I didn't understand it all that well, it might be better to distribute my coin 'around the family' before the 'time' comes, just to 'be safe'. I started in on my long discourse on primogeniture (this creature is married to Indolent Son Number 2), how it is a great mistake to break up estates and spare sons really always made for excellent bishops or conquerors in mediaeval times... I used to tease Son 2 about that stuff, but he knows I'm just being a dick. Next update: at Easter if we get that far, I suppose she'll be tackling me on fairness and partible inheritance.
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3781

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 07:26:36 PM

Plus more than 95% of c02 comes from natural sources not human influence. "Climate change" is bullshit. It's just cyclical and perfectly normal variance.

I also see the argument regarding CO2 level as too simplistic.
Maybe there is no climate change.
However, one thing is difficult to argue with: human population affects on environment.
This is discussed less, because the remedies are unknowable.

Specifically, humans may be causing the sixths extinction event in planet's history.
For those who would argue that it is "natural"-no it isn't because it is happening too fast-within 100-150 years, not millions of years.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2015/jun/19/humans-creating-sixth-great-extinction-of-animal-species-say-scientists

Under a “natural” rate of extinction, the study said that two species go extinct per 10,000 species per 100 years, rather than the one species that previous work has assumed.

Modern rates of extinction were eight to 100 times higher , the authors found. For example, 477 vertebrates have gone extinct since 1900, rather than the nine that would be expected at natural rates.

Unfortunately, the way it may develop would be either for us to go non-biological and, hence, have little imprint on life OR natural habitats would become so stressed that extremely effective life forms would arise and finish us off one way or another.

Examples: HIV, of course; brain eating amoeba (guess, who has the most brain/mass ratio?); green algae virus that makes you 'stupid'; mosquito spread virus (Zika) that makes babies being born with a smaller size brain

'stupid' virus:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/virus-that-makes-humans-more-stupid-discovered-9849920.html

Zika:
https://www.cdc.gov/zika/healtheffects/birth_defects.html
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 07:28:05 PM

too simplistic.
The truth is always simple.

And the truth is that lefties are liars.

If you don't have anything factual, that can be communicated in three sentences or less, that can be checked by anyone with access to google within 30 seconds, it doesn't matter.
explorer
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 07:30:02 PM

Keeping in mind of course that things like math is still a theory. Hypothesis may be a better term.

Blame my poor English skills

Also also keeping in mind that it's the left that are going on about the weather.

Yes, the matter is highly political. leftists and globalists uses this as FUD to promote their agenda.
What bugs me the most is that they falsify science to do that.

https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/world-news/climate/climate-change-conspiracy-against-us-all/
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 07:31:27 PM

I'd be quite happy with lower temperatures. Winter is more enjoyable with proper powder snow, and summer wouldn't make me stay inside 24/7 if it didn't cause me to sweat all fucking day.

On that note, I've read about an upcoming mini ice age a few times. Is there any recent update on that that confirms or rejects it?

Vast question.

- climate is whether over 30 years. So it's too soon to tell.
- There was a global warming during the last 100 years of about 0.1°C/10years
- No more warming since 1998, once you remove El Nino/LaNina effects (which cancel each other in time)
- Sun is probably having a period of low activity, that doesn't change much the energy it sends to us, but less activity (= less spots) means less magnetic field, means more cosmic rays reaching our atmosphere, meaning more seeded clouds, thus more albedo and then cold coming in... but this is still a theory
- look here for the latest temps : https://moyhu.blogspot.fr/p/latest-ice-and-temperature-data.html#NCAR
- best site ever for these questions : https://wattsupwiththat.com/

- last but not least : cold kills; warm weather makes our life easier.
Keeping in mind of course that things like math is still a theory. Hypothesis may be a better term.

Also also keeping in mind that it's the left that are going on about the weather.
All of science and anything empirical is ultimately a hypothesis. No amount confirmations (that turns things into theories and laws in academia) can guarantee with certainty that we've figured something out, rather than just witnessing an infinitely unlikely event.

Nonetheless, I wouldn't be surprised in the least if industrialization had an impact on global weather patterns. In chaotic system even the tiniest perturbation can trigger massive macroscopical changes.

However, I'm not quite convinced yet about us having any significant impact either for two reasons. Namely, I haven't studied the papers so I can't possibly know if there are any systematic errors, and I see too much bullshit going on in the media to not be heavily sceptical. I do lean towards human emissions of CO2 causing changes in climate, mostly because I've worked with people who study precisely that, but even if that turned out true I wouldn't be all that worried about it. Capitalism will come to the rescue and figure out a way to keep us nice and cozy regardless of weather conditions. With nuclear fusion pretty much around the corner energy won't be a concern and with that sorted out the overall state of the planet should be irrelevant. Things might change drastically (e.g. underground, on- and/or underwater or shielded off cities with indoor farming), but I don't see humans disappearing unless we nuke ourselves to hell or get wiped out by some rogue asteroid.
We were burning forests way before we burned coal and oil. In fact, any living creature affects the weather. I understand that at least one american state has legislation regarding cow farts.

But more importantly, co2 is not a pollutant. On the contrary, it's plant food. Which is food for everything else. The more co2, the more oxygen, the more life. It might just be a good thing.
I don't deny the possibility of that, since it would make sense. But our ecosystem is way more complex and has more knobs and dials that interact with each other than just CO2 and oxygen.

I'm not sure how familiar you are with population models, but there could very well be a point beyond which everything tips and triggers a reaction in the opposite direction.
E.g. more CO2 = more life, then at some point there's too much CO2 = less life, be it due to primary (an upper limit on how much can be held or used) or due to side effects (effects of increased CO2 on other parts of the ecosystem) of the increase in CO2 in the atmosphere.
Humans can easily die from drinking too much water at once, so "more oxygen" might not be an unequivocally good thing either (too much of it would eventually increase the pressure which can be fatal even without any other effects on the ecosystem).
You would have to explain how the proposed hypothesis works.
For starters, there isn't enough physical space available to sustain an infinite expansion of trees and whatnot, so eventually there would be surplus of CO2 that could not be turned into further oxygen. And too much CO2 is harmful to humans and animals.
If that was not the case however, and oxygen increased indefinitely, pressure would increase, again due to spatial limitations. That would increase the partial pressure of oxygen, which can lead to oxygen poisoning and by extension to death.

Of course there's still fucktons of space to go around on earth, but there's definitely a limit beyond which things could turn bad very quickly. And that's just the most apparent potential consequences that too much CO2 or O2 could have. Regardless of whether or not these are accurate and what the quantitative thresholds would look like, there are a lot more intricate effects to take into account in a dynamic system that is as closely interlinked as life on earth.
Biodom
Legendary

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 07:34:19 PM
Merited by BTCMILLIONAIRE (1)

too simplistic.

If you don't have anything factual, that can be communicated in three sentences or less, that can be checked by anyone with access to google within 30 seconds, it doesn't matter.

you get no argument from me re CO2 level. It might be irrelevant, and most likely is.
However, the rest of my post shows that we DID change this planet already.
This is not a political statement-it is a fact.
explorer
Legendary

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 07:34:21 PM

I'd be quite happy with lower temperatures. Winter is more enjoyable with proper powder snow, and summer wouldn't make me stay inside 24/7 if it didn't cause me to sweat all fucking day.

On that note, I've read about an upcoming mini ice age a few times. Is there any recent update on that that confirms or rejects it?

Vast question.

- climate is whether over 30 years. So it's too soon to tell.
- There was a global warming during the last 100 years of about 0.1°C/10years
- No more warming since 1998, once you remove El Nino/LaNina effects (which cancel each other in time)
- Sun is probably having a period of low activity, that doesn't change much the energy it sends to us, but less activity (= less spots) means less magnetic field, means more cosmic rays reaching our atmosphere, meaning more seeded clouds, thus more albedo and then cold coming in... but this is still a theory
- look here for the latest temps : https://moyhu.blogspot.fr/p/latest-ice-and-temperature-data.html#NCAR
- best site ever for these questions : https://wattsupwiththat.com/

- last but not least : cold kills; warm weather makes our life easier.

All of science and anything empirical is ultimately a hypothesis. No amount confirmations (that turns things into theories and laws in academia) can guarantee with certainty that we've figured something out, rather than just witnessing an infinitely unlikely event.

Nonetheless, I wouldn't be surprised in the least if industrialization had an impact on global weather patterns. In chaotic system even the tiniest perturbation can trigger massive macroscopical changes.

However, I'm not quite convinced yet about us having any significant impact either for two reasons. Namely, I haven't studied the papers so I can't possibly know if there are any systematic errors, and I see too much bullshit going on in the media to not be heavily sceptical. I do lean towards human emissions of CO2 causing changes in climate, mostly because I've worked with people who study precisely that, but even if that turned out true I wouldn't be all that worried about it. Capitalism will come to the rescue and figure out a way to keep us nice and cozy regardless of weather conditions. With nuclear fusion pretty much around the corner energy won't be a concern and with that sorted out the overall state of the planet should be irrelevant. Things might change drastically (e.g. underground, on- and/or underwater or shielded off cities with indoor farming), but I don't see humans disappearing unless we nuke ourselves to hell or get wiped out by some rogue asteroid.
We were burning forests way before we burned coal and oil. In fact, any living creature affects the weather. I understand that at least one american state has legislation regarding cow farts.

But more importantly, co2 is not a pollutant. On the contrary, it's plant food. Which is food for everything else. The more co2, the more oxygen, the more life. It might just be a good thing.
I don't deny the possibility of that, since it would make sense. But our ecosystem is way more complex and has more knobs and dials that interact with each other than just CO2 and oxygen.

I'm not sure how familiar you are with population models, but there could very well be a point beyond which everything tips and triggers a reaction in the opposite direction.
E.g. more CO2 = more life, then at some point there's too much CO2 = less life, be it due to primary (an upper limit on how much can be held or used) or due to side effects (effects of increased CO2 on other parts of the ecosystem) of the increase in CO2 in the atmosphere.
Humans can easily die from drinking too much water at once, so "more oxygen" might not be an unequivocally good thing either (too much of it would eventually increase the pressure which can be fatal even without any other effects on the ecosystem).

Since we're just coming off a low that was in the danger zone for most plant life,  and we're order of magnitude +  from anywhere even approaching cyclical highs, let alone human danger...  Just more tax grab government propaganda. 
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 07:37:10 PM
Merited by Last of the V8s (1)

too simplistic.

Life isn't as simple as checking Google, which you surely understand to be heavily biased for political reasons to begin with. I literally left academia because it wasn't rigorous enough due to the ways that it's funded, and I'm not even talking about the joke that is the social sciences.
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 07:39:11 PM
Merited by BobLawblaw (1)

Dudes. DUDES. 'Hol up there. I promise you I'm HODLing for at least $12k...
Stop saying that!  Every time you say that it tanks! Wink

Fine. Fuck you man. Shit's gonna drop below $10k in the next 24 hours.

Are you happy now ?!

Umm... Well...
flynn

Activity: 728
Merit: 540

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 07:41:47 PM

Plus more than 95% of c02 comes from natural sources not human influence. "Climate change" is bullshit. It's just cyclical and perfectly normal variance.

I also see the argument regarding CO2 level as too simplistic.
Maybe there is no climate change.
However, one thing is difficult to argue with: human population affects on environment.
This is discussed less, because the remedies are unknowable.

Specifically, humans may be causing the sixths extinction event in planet's history.
For those who would argue that it is "natural"-no it isn't because it is happening too fast-within 100-150 years, not millions of years.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2015/jun/19/humans-creating-sixth-great-extinction-of-animal-species-say-scientists

Under a “natural” rate of extinction, the study said that two species go extinct per 10,000 species per 100 years, rather than the one species that previous work has assumed.

Modern rates of extinction were eight to 100 times higher , the authors found. For example, 477 vertebrates have gone extinct since 1900, rather than the nine that would be expected at natural rates.

Unfortunately, the way it may develop would be either for us to go non-biological and, hence, have little imprint on life OR natural habitats would become so stressed that extremely effective life forms would arise and finish us off one way or another.

(snip)

I'll just drop this here (it's one among 1000's) =>

https://www.realclearscience.com/blog/2016/02/is_there_really_a_sixth_great_extinction_maybe_not.html
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 07:42:04 PM

too simplistic.

you get no argument from me re CO2 level. It might be irrelevant, and most likely is.

This is pretty much my position on the matter. It sucks that politics literally ruins any objective discourse on such issues. Science shouldn't be a matter of politics or government, but unfortunately increasingly is, and getting anything funded that doesn't further some moneygrabbing agenda is virtually impossible these days. Nonetheless, there is no denying that we're fucking over wildlife.
flynn

Activity: 728
Merit: 540

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 07:45:35 PM
Merited by Ibian (1)

too simplistic.

And this is another way of seeing it :

It's the purpose of mankind to dig the earth to recover all the carbon that the plants hid down there. Without us, CO2 would go below 150ppm and all life would disappear from the surface of the EArth.

bitcoinPsycho
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1996

$120000 in 2024 Confirmed

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 07:50:10 PM

Fine. Fuck you man. Shit's gonna drop below $10k in the next 24 hours.
Are you happy now ?!
It's just gonna tank faster now.
I think it's bad karma to talk about Bitcoin in this thread.

You're not the boss of me, honey.

Just for that, I placed a limit sell order for $12,500.

WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT IT, HUH ?! HUH ?! COME AT ME... BRING IT !
go bob Smiley   looks like the green eye monster is rattling some people. I'm happy for you mate . respect to you and your foresight. Happy retirement  Wink
Biodom
Legendary

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 07:51:53 PM

1. don't believe anything that call itself "real science", because it ain't.
2. The refutation is the quote from Sarah Kaplan that says that there were more species going extinct in prior events.

Duh! Prior events lasted for hundreds of thousands, even millions of years and
here we have 1% vertebrate extinction in 100 years.

1% in 100 years is a pretty big number IF it continues, but why won't it?
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 07:55:42 PM

go bob Smiley   looks like the green eye monster is rattling some people. I'm happy for you mate . respect to you and your foresight. Happy retirement  Wink

Oh good gracious.  Has no one humor anymore!?  I will cheer when it hits 12500 and BBL can add to his diversifications.

I got no reason to be jealous.  I'm doing just fine...

realr0ach

Activity: 924
Merit: 311

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 07:56:35 PM
Last edit: February 21, 2018, 08:12:03 PM by realr0ach

It is irrelevant.  Giant insects used to roam the earth and since insects don't have lungs (they have a bunch of tracts called trachea), the size the insects can grow is determined by atmospheric content of o2.  When c02 levels were vastly higher than now, it caused the plants to be more efficient and create more o2, thus making insects much larger than now.  The earth was not an uninhabitable fireball when giant insects roamed the earth.

Report from Iron Mountain was a real leak, which foretold the coming of the Club of Rome.  The Club of Rome might be the biggest failure in world history if their goal was population control and reduction, since the govt roundtable groups allowed themselves to be completely taken over by Zionist Jews whose goal is to unsustainably flood the planet with as many brown people as possible to destroy 1st world white civilizations that aren't reproducing out of control in the first place.  It's the R-selection brown people that reproduce out of control in places like the horn of Africa, not K-selection whites.  

Homogeneous populations always rally together and dispose of parasites trying to practice usury against them, so the Jews decided trying to safeguard their banking monopolies were more important than sustainable populations.  The Club of Rome's other goal was after figuring out the only purpose of govt is warfare and that govt collapses without an external threat, was to fabricate some type of reason for govt to exist like rallying around global warming, alien invasion, anything to justify the existence of central govt and a vertically integrated civilization for parasites to leach off.

There is no need for any of this garbage.  K-selection whites and asians (places like Japan for example) simply stop reproducing the second resources and space become scarce.  The R-selection types like in the horn of Africa on the other hand probably will reproduce out of control, so you cannot subsidize them in any way.

moneyForjam

Activity: 165
Merit: 4

Always believe in magic

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 07:57:06 PM

Price bounced off support/resistance 11755, with a reasonably normal looking correction in progress

explorer
Legendary

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 08:02:36 PM

2. The refutation is the quote from Sarah Kaplan that says that there were more species going extinct in prior events.

Duh! Prior event lasted for hundreds of thousands, even millions of years and

I think you need to balance that with discoveries.  It's like saying x people die every year, so the population will be zero in xy years.

vanobe

Activity: 164
Merit: 37

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 08:03:24 PM

Duh! Prior event lasted for hundreds of thousands, even millions of years and

Because in a few years we will be eating meat grown in a laboratory. We won't need huge numbers of cows, and the farm land they needed can return to the wild.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/06/science/a-lab-grown-burger-gets-a-taste-test.html

A hamburger made from cow muscle grown in a laboratory was fried, served and eaten in London on Monday in an odd demonstration of one view of the future of food.

Recent studies have shown that producing cultured meat in factories could greatly reduce water, land and energy use, and emissions of methane and other greenhouse gases, compared with conventional meat production using livestock.
Pages: « 1 ... 19564 19565 19566 19567 19568 19569 19570 19571 19572 19573 19574 19575 19576 19577 19578 19579 19580 19581 19582 19583 19584 19585 19586 19587 19588 19589 19590 19591 19592 19593 19594 19595 19596 19597 19598 19599 19600 19601 19602 19603 19604 19605 19606 19607 19608 19609 19610 19611 19612 19613 [19614] 19615 19616 19617 19618 19619 19620 19621 19622 19623 19624 19625 19626 19627 19628 19629 19630 19631 19632 19633 19634 19635 19636 19637 19638 19639 19640 19641 19642 19643 19644 19645 19646 19647 19648 19649 19650 19651 19652 19653 19654 19655 19656 19657 19658 19659 19660 19661 19662 19663 19664 ... 33173 »
  Print  

Jump to: