May 10, 2024, 09:47:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 24917 24918 24919 24920 24921 24922 24923 24924 24925 24926 24927 24928 24929 24930 24931 24932 24933 24934 24935 24936 24937 24938 24939 24940 24941 24942 24943 24944 24945 24946 24947 24948 24949 24950 24951 24952 24953 24954 24955 24956 24957 24958 24959 24960 24961 24962 24963 24964 24965 24966 [24967] 24968 24969 24970 24971 24972 24973 24974 24975 24976 24977 24978 24979 24980 24981 24982 24983 24984 24985 24986 24987 24988 24989 24990 24991 24992 24993 24994 24995 24996 24997 24998 24999 25000 25001 25002 25003 25004 25005 25006 25007 25008 25009 25010 25011 25012 25013 25014 25015 25016 25017 ... 33338 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26381164 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
d_eddie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 2940

View Profile
October 12, 2019, 11:44:07 AM
Last edit: October 12, 2019, 01:51:36 PM by d_eddie
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

I am not asserting that you are NOT telling the truth, but it does seem a bit strange for any of us BTC HODLers to NOT attribute a decent amount of significance to the surprising dynamics of the April 1 to June 27 period.
I was trading in that period, but only long positions. Unfortunately I don't have trace of the details. As I said earlier, my shorts only began with the latest bear market in 2018. Originally it was meant as a hedge.

You know I had been thinking that bitcoin's doubling in late 2015 was quite amazing, and it took place from about October 15 to November 5, but the rise was so goddamned gradual until the decisive break above $320 that brought BTC's prices up to $504 from November 1 to November 4.
Before 2016 I wasn't trading at all.

I know that you are probably starting to suspect that I am either stalking you or becoming a pest, but the relevant period for this particular line of "interrogations" is April 1, 2019 to June 27, 2019.. our most recent exponential BTC price run up.. and clearly you had been in the BTC shorting practice already, after having had gotten a decent amount of experience under your belt during our somewhat deep and painful bearish period of 2018.

Yes, a bit of a pest indeed.  Tongue

And, also this 2019 BTC price run up would have been a BIG one to actually challenge any ongoing BTC shorting strategy.  That is if you would have kept your BTC shorting strategy as ongoing and it seems like you are saying that you weren't, even though there would not have seemed to have been any reason (except in retrospect) to actually NOT expect a significant and meaningful correction of 30% or more.. which is quite common in BTClandia.. but did not really seem to happen during this 2019 BTC price run up.

You made me take a look at my transfer history. I did well in the 2019 Spring Bull. And yes, in the Spring Bull I've been running all three basic strategies (one at a time), with the one-legged long less frequent than the two-legged balanced, more price agnostic approaches that tickle your curiosity. Maybe the surplus transfers (profit accumulation) were a bit less frequent transfers, OK. In retrospect, I could have done better by simply longing and waiting, hindsight 20/20 and all that. But as long as the bull run has pullbacks (and that one had quite a few IIRC), a bit of short scalping on the side doesn't hurt. More than anything, it's a safety net if things go astray. Otherwise, it's an encumbrance. No free lunch, of course, but knowing how whimsy and wanton she is, I prefer to err on the side of caution.

Caution is the reason most of my shorts have stops before the disaster line. When I'm feeling unsure, and she smells like she's raising her head, I can tighten the stop and let the short go, at a loss. The same goes for the other leg, although I tend to cling to my longs  with more pride. I've been swallowing small losses on both sides recently, including April-June 2019, and I did post about that at the time. Maybe you could go and dig out those posts. That would also help me to reconstruct past history.

I was just using those older dates of late 2015 as a relative comparison of the magnanimity of this particular 3.5x BTC price rise (with hardly any significant price corrections of 10% or more within that decently extended 3 month period).
Ah, now I see.

I occasionally post "trading disclosures", as I call them. Since I don't have an all-encompassing rule book (and I probably never will), the best way to figure out how things are going is keep an eye on those disclosures.
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
October 12, 2019, 11:44:45 AM

You forgot the bit where the big blockers try to fool newbies into thinking Bcash lol and BSV are Bitcoin.

Quite a different proposition than trying to fool newbies into thinking BCH or BSV are BTC. But nobody is doing that. That would be dishonest.

How about addressing the substance of my post which you have selectively cut off?

Your entire value proposition is based on fraud.  

One of these logos is a BSV logo.  One of these logos is a Bitcoin logo.  I can’t tell the difference so I can’t see how a newbie could.  This is plainly fraudulent passing off.  

It is more than dishonest. It is fraudulent.

It appears that you have no inkling of IP law. What makes you think BTC has exclusive claim on public domain art?

Fabulous, completely irrelevant reply. Nice duck.

How about you address the substance of the question ?   Or are you going to pretend you don’t understand the question ?

Well, there was no explicit question in the quote of your post. So you’ll have to tell me what question it is you want me to address.

However, there indeed was a question in my reply. Which you conveniently ignored.

We big blockers by and large believe that BTC is not rightfully Bitcoin, and that it will likely implode from incapacity at perhaps the next FOMO spike. Seeing as all BTC has in claim to the name Bitcoin is it is currently the most popular fork of the Satoshi Bitcoin, it has no more claim to the logo than does any other Bitcoin.

If one of the other Bitcoins does indeed capture more market cap than BTC in the future, will you concede that that other fork will indeed be Bitcoin?
HairyMaclairy
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 2174

Degenerate bull hatter & Bitcoin monotheist

View Profile
October 12, 2019, 11:49:24 AM

Seeing as you are playing dumb:

What is the difference between the two logos and how is not deliberately misleading / confusing to newbies ?  A practice which you have just said is dishonest.  

However, there indeed was a question in my reply. Which you conveniently ignored.

Distraction technique.  Duck, weave, obfuscate. 
d_eddie
Legendary

View Profile
October 12, 2019, 12:03:21 PM

You forgot the bit where the big blockers try to fool newbies into thinking Bcash lol and BSV are Bitcoin.
It appears that you have no inkling of IP law. What makes you think BTC has exclusive claim on public domain art?

That's exactly the kind of slippery, "formally correct"  argument that gives you a bad name, jbreher.

You speak of dishonorable paths and then defend conman moves such as appropriating an already established logo because you have an "inkling of IP law".

If the nutjobs(TM) were selling drinks, or toys, or other unrelated items, that would have been fine and no one would've called anyone out. The point is, the scamming shitcoiners are in the very same business (tokens, cryptocurrencies or what you call this Internet magic money).

This is outright brand stealing. Not from the brand owner, but from the collective of stakeholders (bitcoiners).
The fact that there's no opponent who can sue for damage is comfortable eh?
realr0ach

Activity: 924
Merit: 311

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
October 12, 2019, 12:05:43 PM

This guy walks into the room everyday drops his pants and sprays verbal diarrhea out of his ass like a rotating sprinkler. Everyday, unprompted, no one appreciates it, and yet he persists. Sure he may juggle flaming chainsaws every now and then while he does it. But we still are left covered in diarrhea.

It's not easy doing God's work.  Jesus was murdered after confronting the Jew Pharisee money changers in an attempt to solve the Jewish problem.  They were attempting to deceive people with imaginary, valueless tokens very similar to digital craptocurrency.  Now here we are 2000 years later at the same inflection point of one man standing alone against the evil cult of Judaism and their bought and paid for minions like JayJuanJudas.
d_eddie
Legendary

View Profile
October 12, 2019, 12:08:27 PM

^^ Jesus was a Jew too. Good riddance, no? Let them kill each other.  Tongue
bitcoinPsycho
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 2078

$120000 in 2024 Confirmed

View Profile
October 12, 2019, 12:13:34 PM

Quite a different proposition than trying to fool newbies into thinking BCH or BSV are BTC. But nobody is doing that. That would be dishonest.

How about addressing the substance of my post which you have selectively cut off?

Your entire value proposition is based on fraud.  

One of these logos is a BSV logo.  One of these logos is a Bitcoin logo.  I can’t tell the difference so I can’t see how a newbie could.  This is plainly fraudulent passing off.  

It is more than dishonest. It is fraudulent.

Fabulous, completely irrelevant reply. Nice duck.

How about you address the substance of the question ?   Or are you going to pretend you don’t understand the question ?

Well, there was no explicit question in the quote of your post. So you’ll have to tell me what question it is you want me to address.

We big blockers by and large believe that BTC is not rightfully Bitcoin, and that it will likely implode from incapacity at perhaps the next FOMO spike. Seeing as all BTC has in claim to the name Bitcoin is it is currently the most popular fork of the Satoshi Bitcoin, it has no more claim to the logo than does any other Bitcoin.

If one of the other Bitcoins does indeed capture more market cap than BTC in the future, will you concede that that other fork will indeed be Bitcoin?
Then you are obviously posting in the wrong thread  Huh
BitcoinGirl.Club
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 2713

Farewell LEO: o_e_l_e_o

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2019, 12:14:09 PM

Good afternoon.
Observing at $8,329
No move and boring AF
d_eddie
Legendary

View Profile
October 12, 2019, 12:15:10 PM

Trading disclosure, because I feel sooo lovey-dovey when I think of JJG.

The bloody weekend is not materializing. If anything, the short (equal to the long atm) is a losing bit now. I wish I could cash out part of one leg and rebuild it closer to the center (lower for the long, higher for the short). Which leg? My preference and rational expectation gravitate towards the short because reasons; one being I prefer to be long in general, another being that "down before up" is sexier than "up before down". Of course, I do my best not to let my hopes and preferences hinder my rational gameplay.

TL;DR Still more wait and see. Nothing to see here, gentlemen, move on please.
realr0ach

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
October 12, 2019, 12:17:36 PM

Jesus was a Jew too. Good riddance, no? Let them kill each other.  Tongue

Acknowledging the existence of Jesus as a theologically historic figure would mean modern Christians are the real Jews while the people occupying Israel right now would by default be the anti-Christ.  Which is why the evil cult of Judaism constantly runs internet pop-up advertising campaigns claiming some guy named Jesus never existed.
Fatman3001
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013

Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC

View Profile
October 12, 2019, 01:07:53 PM

From the Canadian article

The commitment promotes non-proliferation by removing existing weapons-grade material from Canada

Guarantee the Canadians forget to hand some back.

Several countries have HEU, but that just means more than 20% enriched. Not sure why Canada would have weapons-grade material. Might be small amounts for medical use.

Edit: 7 kg a year for "medical isotope production and in research reactors".

https://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news/secret-weapons-grade-uranium-shipments-to-canada-near-end

realr0ach

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
October 12, 2019, 01:20:34 PM

Ill be enjoying my life regardless of who wins. 

Now you too can live the dream life of being trapped inside a Chinese communist, social credit score, basic income system.

Swamp the drain with Andrew Yang 2020
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 4345

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
October 12, 2019, 01:58:45 PM

Has anyone else noticed the severe drop in liquidity on coinbase pro for BTC/USD?? Order book averaged about $50 million+ in buys all the way down to $2200 up until yesterday. Within the last 24 hours it dropped from $50 million down to barely over $10 million. What happened here?

Coinbase revamped its fee structure. Again.

In the process, it nuked all standing orders made under the old fee structure.

PITA to set up all the ladders again, but whaddayagonnado?

bittrex, that's what I'm gonnado

Seems to me that Bittrerx has rather anemic withdrawal limits, but I may be misrememberating.

Yeah, there just aren't any good exchanges any more.  But if Coinbase thinks they can just keep jerking me around they got another thing coming.
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 4345

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
October 12, 2019, 02:13:26 PM

nah i got errands mate
chores
dogs and logs, that's me for most of the day
but i might go and see that movie. stuff the mrs in front of downtown abbey and see if the joker's all it's cracked up to be

If she runs out of Lord Grantham there give "Monarch of the Glen" a try, works a treat here.
nutildah
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 7984

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2019, 02:14:04 PM

First of all, implying that "BTC" is a fork of something is disingenuous. The last "fork" was a soft fork. The Segwit Omnibus Change Set as you like to call it is backwards compatible with antiquated versions of the software. Its not nearly the same thing as creating an entirely new blockchain and using the old coin's logo while commercially billing yourself as "the real bitcoin."

I for one will. I'm 99.9% sure it will never happen, but if it did, then yes, Bitcoin Cash will have won the right to be called "Bitcoin." That's what the whole battle was about in the first place -- a battle to see which coin was the "real" bitcoin. BCH lost a long time ago, just as BSV lost the battle to be the real Bitcoin Cash. Seeing as how Bitcoin Cash has only plummeted in value compared to Bitcoin, its no longer in competition, and if Ver had any humility at all he would rename is coin.

Does this look like the chart of a coin that is on the up-and-up to you?

Its over. The debate is finished.
makrospex

Activity: 728
Merit: 317

nothing to see here

View Profile
October 12, 2019, 02:16:35 PM

Looks like the market is ready for a move again...
up or down?
hv_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2019, 02:45:23 PM

Segwit and LN and Schnorr are not BitCoin, for a very good reason.

You miss the real point.  Money is supposed to be a constant and unchanging.  Things like the noble metals (physical silver and gold) resist entropy.  Bitcoin FACILITATES entropy.  It's the #1 worst form of 'money' ever created.  If something starts out as some completely arbitrary abomination and randomly transforms into some other new, completely arbitrary abomination, it's obviously not fungible or money.

"Fungible" does not mean tumbling coins in some Albanian mixer to try and obfuscate outputs, it means the object has actual, inherent properties that don't mutate at random.  Fungibility is a requirement of money and no imaginary, digital shitcoin has it.  Physical metals are money and digital shitcoins are scam hoaxes pretending to have the traits of metals when they don't.

True, but it is just implicit. Bitcoin cannot be changed after Satoshi left. It is fraud to do so and keep the name.

Biggest shit was Segshit, and we had the biggest drop of btc in market share with that.

Hope we have biggest learning curve about money now.

True Bitcoin is better than any PM though
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3536

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
October 12, 2019, 03:11:00 PM

I want him to answer why almost identical logos are not misleading. I am almost looking forward to his dancing, weaving, obfuscating bullshit. 

@jbreher (or anyone): what happened to the dragon logo it had at one point?

this one:

http://crypto.marketswiki.com/index.php?title=File:Bitcoin-cash-sv.jpg

from this site
http://crypto.marketswiki.com/index.php?title=Bitcoin_Cash_SV
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 12083

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
October 12, 2019, 03:15:01 PM

via Imgflip Meme Generator

To avoid roach

Or

Bsv talk.......

Where am I who knows this
makrospex

Activity: 728
Merit: 317

nothing to see here

View Profile
October 12, 2019, 03:16:29 PM

Segwit and LN and Schnorr are not BitCoin, for a very good reason.

You miss the real point.  Money is supposed to be a constant and unchanging.  Things like the noble metals (physical silver and gold) resist entropy.  Bitcoin FACILITATES entropy.  It's the #1 worst form of 'money' ever created.  If something starts out as some completely arbitrary abomination and randomly transforms into some other new, completely arbitrary abomination, it's obviously not fungible or money.

"Fungible" does not mean tumbling coins in some Albanian mixer to try and obfuscate outputs, it means the object has actual, inherent properties that don't mutate at random.  Fungibility is a requirement of money and no imaginary, digital shitcoin has it.  Physical metals are money and digital shitcoins are scam hoaxes pretending to have the traits of metals when they don't.

True, but it is just implicit. Bitcoin cannot be changed after Satoshi left. It is fraud to do so and keep the name.

Biggest shit was Segshit, and we had the biggest drop of btc in market share with that.

Hope we have biggest learning curve about money now.

True Bitcoin is better than any PM though

That's an opinion too, but development must go on.
For the simple minded, bigger blocks will do, but if you project the possible and likely outcomes, it's quite a fatal move.
SegWit was a step forward, but development will have to face more bugs and problems to solve. It's like combustion engines, they convert 100% heat into 40% moving energy. Quite inefficient, but the efficiency did and will rise over time (if we don't make the complete jump to 95+% electrical engines in the near future).
In my opinion, there is no "better" Bitcoin. Bitcoin is BTC and all of it's offsprings combined. The only true intention of Ver, Wright, Wrong and any of those shady hostile characters is that someone buys the story of the "right" Bitcoin and joins his argumentation army. They don't want to get their hands dirty while grabbing your money.

EDIT: Also, when i can buy stuff or service with an entity, it's money. So far for the wet dreams of the roach.
Pages: « 1 ... 24917 24918 24919 24920 24921 24922 24923 24924 24925 24926 24927 24928 24929 24930 24931 24932 24933 24934 24935 24936 24937 24938 24939 24940 24941 24942 24943 24944 24945 24946 24947 24948 24949 24950 24951 24952 24953 24954 24955 24956 24957 24958 24959 24960 24961 24962 24963 24964 24965 24966 [24967] 24968 24969 24970 24971 24972 24973 24974 24975 24976 24977 24978 24979 24980 24981 24982 24983 24984 24985 24986 24987 24988 24989 24990 24991 24992 24993 24994 24995 24996 24997 24998 24999 25000 25001 25002 25003 25004 25005 25006 25007 25008 25009 25010 25011 25012 25013 25014 25015 25016 25017 ... 33338 »
  Print  

Jump to: