Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:19:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 417 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OS] nvOC easy-to-use Linux Nvidia Mining  (Read 417956 times)
bobers

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 03:50:58 PM

I have some olds motherbords with no name USB flashes and nvOS works well after i modifed xorg. Now i bought 2 MSI270 A Pro, load image for it on Lexar 32gb. I dont know why but nvOS loading very slowly, im waiting about 30 min with black screen on both MB.
What do i do wrong? I flashed new BIOS and setup it like fullzero  said. Also i have 6 Gigabyte min 1070 with USB power risers rev 006c each one connected to each one sata.

My old MB with 2gb RAM loads within 5-10 min, new both MSI with 8GB DDR4 about 30 min

It should not be taking 30 mins to load.  First what CPU are you using?

I recommend using this USB port.

Are you connecting the monitor to the gpu attached to the first 16x slot as pictured here?

I use G4600, of cause i connect monitor to 1st slot. I tried different USB ports, this one also

Just trying to go through all the possibilities.  I believe loading with a black screen is normal with this mobo; but I would have to confirm this.

I would try reimaging the USB key (copy the configured oneBash to your build computer to save configuration time if you haven't already).

You probably did this; but for the benefit of anyone reading this:

always ensure that you wait a few seconds after imaging is complete before closing the imaging program. After you have copied a previously configured onebash to the USB key or edited the oneBash on the key ensure you eject the drive and wait a few seconds before removing it from the build computer.

Also what ram are you using?

With the risers are you powering more than 2 GPUs with the same cable from the PSU?

Kingston 2x4GB PC19200 2400MHz DDR4 CL15 FURY HyperX
Ill try rewrite new image.
 i have 6 sata cable lines on my PSU, so each riser has one line

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 03:51:47 PM

I have some olds motherbords with no name USB flashes and nvOS works well after i modifed xorg. Now i bought 2 MSI270 A Pro, load image for it on Lexar 32gb. I dont know why but nvOS loading very slowly, im waiting about 30 min with black screen on both MB.
What do i do wrong? I flashed new BIOS and setup it like fullzero  said. Also i have 6 Gigabyte min 1070 with USB power risers rev 006c each one connected to each one sata.

My old MB with 2gb RAM loads within 5-10 min, new both MSI with 8GB DDR4 about 30 min

It should not be taking 30 mins to load.  First what CPU are you using?

hi fullzero - any reason why use this port ... because as per my understanding, the blue tabbed USB ports are meant for USB3 (faster) compared to the normal black tabbed ones USB2 (slower). thanks

You are correct it is a USB2 port and is technically slower. 

USB 3.0 has interference problems, the newer versions have greatly reduced this; but it can still be an issue. 

For example if you use a usb wireless adapter in or near a 3.0 port it will often lose the connection completely or have generally poor performance. 

If you use a wireless mouse or keyboard with or near a 3.0 port you may experience similar problems. 

Finally, sometimes a motherboard will have difficulty transitioning to or from the grub loader when using a usb 3.0 port due to the specifics of how the USB 3.0 controller involves data moving through more subsystems on the motherboard.

Most of the time using a 3.0 or 3.1 port with a USB key with a linux OS works; but it is always a potential problem.
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 04:01:20 PM

Are you connecting the monitor to the gpu attached to the first 16x slot as pictured here?

I use G4600, of cause i connect monitor to 1st slot. I tried different USB ports, this one also

Just trying to go through all the possibilities.  I believe loading with a black screen is normal with this mobo; but I would have to confirm this.

I would try reimaging the USB key (copy the configured oneBash to your build computer to save configuration time if you haven't already).

always ensure that you wait a few seconds after imaging is complete before closing the imaging program. After you have copied a previously configured onebash to the USB key or edited the oneBash on the key ensure you eject the drive and wait a few seconds before removing it from the build computer.

With the risers are you powering more than 2 GPUs with the same cable from the PSU?

With your ram do you have the dimms in the DIMMA2 and DIMMB2 slots?

bentcrypto

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 04:38:01 PM

Built my first real rig and got nvOC up and running last night...great job fullzero!

Is anyone having problems with payouts from nanopool? My account shows confirmed transaction but my Jaxx ZEC wallet is empty?? First time I have used nanopool.

<snipped>

I feel your pain... drop nanopool op an email to inquire.

I gave up on ZEC pools quite a while ago.

I now directly sell my ZEC hash to who want to rent it out at Nicehash, and get BTC upfront without the waiting for confirmation bs.

Thanks mate, I sent them an email.

I usually mine at nicehash too but I wanted to try getting paid in ZEC to see how it compares to getting BTC at nicehash.

Is it easy to edit the bashfile to get nvOC to mine at nicehash?

I always check at whattomine.com and see how far apart mining ZEC directly and selling at NH.... sometimes NH is higher than mining ZEC.
ZEC pools like Nanopool, Flypool, Dwarfpool..... struggles whenever difficulty level happens... its quite frustrating because you get the first few payments likely after a day or two depending on confirmation etc. then it goes to your wallet (Poloniex, Jaxx etc).... then these guys will have their own issues etc. by the time you see stable and consistent ZEC coin balance it will be many days later...... then you want to exchange ZEC to BTC ..... you get another layer of fees to do that and another confirmation wait  Huh

In NH marketplace for ZEC / Equihash -- I see the trends of supply and demand, and there is huge demand spiking several times a day and paying premium rates (ie. higher than mining direct). BTC this high now, I rather get BTC upfront as fast as possible. Sure I will probably lose about 10-15% on average but I dont have to worry about ZEC coins getting lost from pool to wallet; and the more confirmations.

I guess thats the price I have to pay for getting rental BTCs to my wallet at the same time everyday.

in onebash, just edit the ZEC pool infomation to as follows:

ZEC address: <enter your BTC address instead>
pool: equihash.usa.nicehash.com
port: 3357

Thank you Sir, I am now pointed at nicehash Smiley

Regarding whattomine.com , I wonder why Skein does not show up in the top profitable algos?

In regards to payment problem: you can see if the problem is with nanopool or Jaxx by looking at your ZEC address with a block explorer. 

Use https://explorer.zcha.in/  to search your address transactions. 

If the payment transactions are there then the problem is with Jaxx; if they are not then the problem is with nanopool.

I did some more googling and it appears Jaxx do not want miners using their wallet for frequent small transactions, apparently it is a no-no, I wasn't aware of this.

I found my wallet on Zchain and it says "11 txns receieved" so it looks like the problem might be on the Jaxx end. Is that right?  https://explorer.zcha.in/accounts/t1hCZ7mTwjCFiiAtMmqMWyeDESNaMxGJt9J
bobers

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 04:41:53 PM

Yes, i readed manual 1st

bobers

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 04:43:16 PM

Yes, i readed manual 1st

Yes , i readed manual 1st
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 05:42:47 PM

Yes, i readed manual 1st

Yes , i readed manual 1st

You seem on the ball; just checking possibilities I think of.  Let me know if the problem persists after rebuilding. 

fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 05:56:21 PM

Built my first real rig and got nvOC up and running last night...great job fullzero!

Is anyone having problems with payouts from nanopool? My account shows confirmed transaction but my Jaxx ZEC wallet is empty?? First time I have used nanopool.

<snipped>

I feel your pain... drop nanopool op an email to inquire.

I gave up on ZEC pools quite a while ago.

I now directly sell my ZEC hash to who want to rent it out at Nicehash, and get BTC upfront without the waiting for confirmation bs.

Thanks mate, I sent them an email.

I usually mine at nicehash too but I wanted to try getting paid in ZEC to see how it compares to getting BTC at nicehash.

Is it easy to edit the bashfile to get nvOC to mine at nicehash?

I always check at whattomine.com and see how far apart mining ZEC directly and selling at NH.... sometimes NH is higher than mining ZEC.
ZEC pools like Nanopool, Flypool, Dwarfpool..... struggles whenever difficulty level happens... its quite frustrating because you get the first few payments likely after a day or two depending on confirmation etc. then it goes to your wallet (Poloniex, Jaxx etc).... then these guys will have their own issues etc. by the time you see stable and consistent ZEC coin balance it will be many days later...... then you want to exchange ZEC to BTC ..... you get another layer of fees to do that and another confirmation wait  Huh

In NH marketplace for ZEC / Equihash -- I see the trends of supply and demand, and there is huge demand spiking several times a day and paying premium rates (ie. higher than mining direct). BTC this high now, I rather get BTC upfront as fast as possible. Sure I will probably lose about 10-15% on average but I dont have to worry about ZEC coins getting lost from pool to wallet; and the more confirmations.

I guess thats the price I have to pay for getting rental BTCs to my wallet at the same time everyday.

in onebash, just edit the ZEC pool infomation to as follows:

ZEC address: <enter your BTC address instead>
pool: equihash.usa.nicehash.com
port: 3357

Thank you Sir, I am now pointed at nicehash Smiley

Regarding whattomine.com , I wonder why Skein does not show up in the top profitable algos?

In regards to payment problem: you can see if the problem is with nanopool or Jaxx by looking at your ZEC address with a block explorer. 

Use https://explorer.zcha.in/  to search your address transactions. 

If the payment transactions are there then the problem is with Jaxx; if they are not then the problem is with nanopool.

I did some more googling and it appears Jaxx do not want miners using their wallet for frequent small transactions, apparently it is a no-no, I wasn't aware of this.

I found my wallet on Zchain and it says "11 txns receieved" so it looks like the problem might be on the Jaxx end. Is that right?  https://explorer.zcha.in/accounts/t1hCZ7mTwjCFiiAtMmqMWyeDESNaMxGJt9J

Yes it looks like the problem is with Jaxx.  I would contact them and see if they can help.  I tried the Jaxx wallet last year; if I remember correctly you can export the private keys from its wallets.  I would wait and see what they tell you; but you should be able to export the private keys and import them with another wallet client to enable access to the mined ZEC.
VoskCoin

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2017, 06:30:51 PM

Hi fullzero, when do you estimate this image to be available?

Your lucky and Newegg shipped this one to me from NJ so I might get it by tonight. 

If I do I will make an image for it tonight; if it comes tomorrow I will make one tomorrow night.
You're a legend mate Cheesy

It didn't come today, should be tomorrow.

No worries whenever you're free, a couple of my parts didnt make it before the weekend here.

How long does it normally take nvoc to boot?

Also on the Jaxx note, Jaxx is having issues with ZEC Doge and a couple others, personally just switched to exodus for the time being

Check out my Crypto YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/VoskCoin
If you enjoy my content click Subscribe
Maxximus007

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 08:18:06 PM

Hi, saw new Nvidia drivers, v 381.22. Did you had the chance to test them to see any differences?
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 10:30:56 PM

Hi fullzero, when do you estimate this image to be available?

Your lucky and Newegg shipped this one to me from NJ so I might get it by tonight. 

If I do I will make an image for it tonight; if it comes tomorrow I will make one tomorrow night.
You're a legend mate Cheesy

It didn't come today, should be tomorrow.

No worries whenever you're free, a couple of my parts didnt make it before the weekend here.

How long does it normally take nvoc to boot?

Also on the Jaxx note, Jaxx is having issues with ZEC Doge and a couple others, personally just switched to exodus for the time being

Boot time depends on the number of cards (7+ card rigs take longer); but I would estimate between 4 and 7 minutes.
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 10:31:35 PM

Hi, saw new Nvidia drivers, v 381.22. Did you had the chance to test them to see any differences?

I haven't tested the new driver; I will add it to my list.
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 11:48:21 PM

Tested the: GIGABYTE GA-Z270P-D3 (in stock, 6x gpu) Link

and confirmed the ASUS Z270-F GAMING image but is fully compatible with the GIGABYTE GA-Z270P-D3.

If you are using a GIGABYTE GA-Z270P-D3; ensure the Audio Controller is disabled in the bios. 

The SHA256 hash (for the zip) is:
7abd76fc656f9605086535dc71215437288689e644f72e3fe1ba54d3f9f87f4d

Note: This motherboard will only work with up to 6x GPUs.

OP is updated.
citronick
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 12:18:30 AM
Last edit: June 03, 2017, 12:29:53 AM by citronick

Hi fullzero

For the MSI Gaming M5 mobo....

CPU needs to be SkyLake to work on your build.

are Pentium G4560 and i3-7100 compatible?

Both CPU runs the mobo just fine but been reading up and this Skylake and Kaby Lake..... are they from the same lake - pun is intended :-)

thanks

PS... If I haven't said it already, great work with this project. Let me know where to send BTC donation.
I have put your link at my sig - good things like nvoc needs to shared around :-)

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...
badboyilprimo

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2017, 12:49:46 AM

Any idea which image to use for Asrock 970 Extreme , im using it now with simplemining OS with AMD gpu's

but i just started to build an Nvidia Rig and i would like to test the cards first

1 - Which image is suitable ?
2 - Linux Newbie Question here but if its plug and play how i can add the pool and the Wallet id to the miner ?

Thanks in advance
xleejohnx

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 12:57:48 AM

Any idea which image to use for Asrock 970 Extreme , im using it now with simplemining OS with AMD gpu's

but i just started to build an Nvidia Rig and i would like to test the cards first

2 - Linux Newbie Question here but if its plug and play how i can add the pool and the Wallet id to the miner ?

Thanks in advance

Edit the onebash file with any text editor
I'm using an Asrock z97 extreme 6 with the image for MSi z170

As I see a super coin as the super highway and alt coins as taxis and trucks needed to move transactions. ~philipma1957
badboyilprimo

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2017, 02:48:53 AM
Last edit: June 03, 2017, 03:10:10 AM by badboyilprimo

Thanks in advance

Thanks for the reply , after doing that i got it up and runing but getting "Share Rejected"

i didnt change anything on the bash file regarding the OC
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 04:23:08 AM

Thanks in advance

Thanks for the reply , after doing that i got it up and running but getting "Share Rejected"

i didnt change anything on the bash file regarding the OC

Is the pool server you are using geographically close to you?
eli_lyd1

Activity: 422
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 04:25:06 AM

I just want to know how to stop the onebash?

I want to find where is the onebash startup ?

I want to custom this os to ssh os, can anybody help me ?
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 04:27:56 AM

Hi fullzero

For the MSI Gaming M5 mobo....

CPU needs to be SkyLake to work on your build.

are Pentium G4560 and i3-7100 compatible?

Both CPU runs the mobo just fine but been reading up and this Skylake and Kaby Lake..... are they from the same lake - pun is intended :-)

thanks

PS... If I haven't said it already, great work with this project. Let me know where to send BTC donation.
I have put your link at my sig - good things like nvoc needs to shared around :-)

Thanks for adding nvOC to your signature; that is better than a BTC donation.  Smiley

I don't want to accept donations until mining platform is more developed.

When I was testing the z170 Gaming 5 I did swap out the CPU before updating the bios so it is possible that a G4560 ot i3-7100 will work. 

I will add this to my list and get back to you after testing. 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 417 »
  Print  

Jump to: