Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:59:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 352 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay  (Read 148798 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
DCEBrief

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 03:20:55 AM

Blockchain Raises $40 Million in Series B Funding Round

https://dcebrief.com/blockchain-raises-40-million-in-series-b-funding-round/
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 05:03:03 AM
Last edit: June 24, 2017, 05:24:27 AM by TeeGee

The key takeaway for me in Alan's CEOCFO magazine interview, and the press release associated with it, is that it will get people to begin asking the right questions.

So few people understand what is going on, or what is relevant in the industry BECAUSE so few people are asking proactive questions in our media that help people to better understand their own actions - i.e. investment choices. Even when people do ask these right questions (or who have the answers), they are not given a platform.

For example: why is there no conversation within the industry regarding intrinsic value? Even if you have an application building network and a tokenized 'gas' for its use, that hardly drives an 'intrinsic value'. It just means you can use it as money to pay for a network, in the same way that I can spend my Bitcoin's at many online retailers - there is no value behind such applications for supporting a token's -- or currency's -- price.

Alan's interview primes readers to ask these questions. Our approach is different, and it is one that seems completely lost on an industry containing many of the greatest minds. Many people investing in the crypto-realm are great at recognizing a 'cool technology', yet have absolutely no idea about what intrinsic value is, and absolutely no idea that value creation (i.e. shared profit or value creation) is what drives this.

Fiat money -- or modern money -- has zero intrinsic value, as both a piece of paper (burning?), and as a token (infinitely printed representation of debt that we trade with one another). Cryptocurrencies generally are held up by speculative hype and dreams of making a fortune in the future. Should these dreams be considered an overestimate, no development network can save its token from falling to zero.

Some may wonder if an ICO for equity is intrinsic value? -- ABSOLUTELY NOT!

There are ICO's everywhere that are backed by nothing. People are seeking 100s of millions with nothing but a white paper or another 'me too'. Currently Ethereum is the most used token in this regard for raising ICO funding, of which all are soon dumped at the exchanges for BTC and USD which isn't great for Ether's price. This dumping makes all Ether investors proxy financiers of other people's garbage-grade investments from their community. Investments in businesses that don't even have any customers... But at least the ICO people hand over a newly issued token worth nothing (early discount price proves it!) in exchange for handing over a token with an actual tradeable 'price' that they get to spend. ICOs are crowdfunding without promise of future profits.

So what intrinsic value again? I mean it's not to say a tradeable coin won't go up in value (like say Ether in their ICO), but really... none if it is intrinsic value.

But a rapidly growing and profit generating business? Would you invest in that? What if a currency was also a share in the company and company profits were directed back into the currency network? This is called compound growth model, or positive-feedback loop that enhances and amplifies the success of any component of an ecosystem.

We are currently taking an active approach to make sure these questions are asked. Great to see our approach, the better approach, being dispensed in the mainstream media.

Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 11:35:39 AM

The key takeaway for me in Alan's CEOCFO magazine interview, and the press release associated with it, is that it will get people to begin asking the right questions.

So few people understand what is going on, or what is relevant in the industry BECAUSE so few people are asking proactive questions in our media that help people to better understand their own actions - i.e. investment choices. Even when people do ask these right questions (or who have the answers), they are not given a platform.

For example: why is there no conversation within the industry regarding intrinsic value? Even if you have an application building network and a tokenized 'gas' for its use, that hardly drives an 'intrinsic value'. It just means you can use it as money to pay for a network, in the same way that I can spend my Bitcoin's at many online retailers - there is no value behind such applications for supporting a token's -- or currency's -- price.

Alan's interview primes readers to ask these questions. Our approach is different, and it is one that seems completely lost on an industry containing many of the greatest minds. Many people investing in the crypto-realm are great at recognizing a 'cool technology', yet have absolutely no idea about what intrinsic value is, and absolutely no idea that value creation (i.e. shared profit or value creation) is what drives this.

Fiat money -- or modern money -- has zero intrinsic value, as both a piece of paper (burning?), and as a token (infinitely printed representation of debt that we trade with one another). Cryptocurrencies generally are held up by speculative hype and dreams of making a fortune in the future. Should these dreams be considered an overestimate, no development network can save its token from falling to zero.

There are ICO's everywhere that are backed by nothing. People are seeking 100s of millions with nothing but a white paper or another 'me too'. Currently Ethereum is the most used token in this regard for raising ICO funding, of which all are soon dumped at the exchanges for BTC and USD which isn't great for Ether's price. This dumping makes all Ether investors proxy financiers of other people's garbage-grade investments from their community. Investments in businesses that don't even have any customers... But at least the ICO people hand over a newly issued token worth nothing (early discount price proves it!) in exchange for handing over a token with an actual tradeable 'price' that they get to spend. ICOs are crowdfunding without promise of future profits.

So what intrinsic value again? I mean it's not to say a tradeable coin won't go up in value (like say Ether in their ICO), but really... none if it is intrinsic value.

But a rapidly growing and profit generating business? Would you invest in that? What if a currency was also a share in the company and company profits were directed back into the currency network? This is called compound growth model, or positive-feedback loop that enhances and amplifies the success of any component of an ecosystem.

We are currently taking an active approach to make sure these questions are asked. Great to see our approach, the better approach, being dispensed in the mainstream media.

Thank you, TeeGee. This is a difficult subject for most people to understand. It is important to note that something, by definition, that has "no intrinsic value" does not mean that it is worthless. For all practical purposes it is worth what the next person is willing to pay for it. Especially in our industry, that value is highly speculative and only good as the game is "hot." We have often seen the traded price jumps 600% in a day and collapses by 60% the following day. The fundamental value of the coin, if any, could not have changed by that much in 24 hours. It is a pure speculation and most likely artificially manipulated. It is reasonable to assume that in the interest of consumer protection SEC must find this troubling - including the growing list of ICOs.             
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 01:06:31 PM

There has been a lot of hype lately on Ethereum replacing bitcoin. I obviously don't understand Ethereum at all, because I thought it was overvalued at $25. Huh The author of this article gives potential investors a lot to think about before they take the plunge in something they don't understand. He also is very sceptical of the legality of the ICO craze as it stands right now.

On investing in a cryptocurrency hoping to replicate the returns of an early bitcoin investment:
"Moreover, bitcoin wasn't launched through an ICO like almost altcoins these days. Bitcoin started off with a valuation of approximately zero. It took 4–5 years of proving itself, building trust and adoption for it to grow by dozens of thousands of percent, and only then reach the market cap of a typical ICO launch today.
So, a new coin today, simply cannot have the growth potential that bitcoin had in its earliest days, and you can't even get in at the same bottom price. If that is why you are investing in ICOs, then don't."

"But today, due to the scaling issue, bitcoin is in a crisis, and altcoins have overtaken bitcoin in market cap. While many will consider me a lucky early bitcoin adopter, clearly, I'm late to the altcoin party. So, it was long overdue that I took another look at this market to see if perhaps today there is a credible alternative to bitcoin or some promising coins to help me diversify my crypto investment." - It's too bad he didn't look a little farther and see what DNotes is up to. Wink

Analyzing Ether: A Bitcoin Investor's Skeptical Take

http://www.coindesk.com/analyzing-ether-bitcoin-investors-skeptical-take/

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 01:34:16 PM
Last edit: June 24, 2017, 02:08:27 PM by Dyna

There has been a lot of hype lately on Ethereum replacing bitcoin. I obviously don't understand Ethereum at all, because I thought it was overvalued at $25. Huh The author of this article gives potential investors a lot to think about before they take the plunge in something they don't understand. He also is very sceptical of the legality of the ICO craze as it stands right now.

On investing in a cryptocurrency hoping to replicate the returns of an early bitcoin investment:
"Moreover, bitcoin wasn't launched through an ICO like almost altcoins these days. Bitcoin started off with a valuation of approximately zero. It took 4–5 years of proving itself, building trust and adoption for it to grow by dozens of thousands of percent, and only then reach the market cap of a typical ICO launch today.
So, a new coin today, simply cannot have the growth potential that bitcoin had in its earliest days, and you can't even get in at the same bottom price. If that is why you are investing in ICOs, then don't."

"But today, due to the scaling issue, bitcoin is in a crisis, and altcoins have overtaken bitcoin in market cap. While many will consider me a lucky early bitcoin adopter, clearly, I'm late to the altcoin party. So, it was long overdue that I took another look at this market to see if perhaps today there is a credible alternative to bitcoin or some promising coins to help me diversify my crypto investment." - It's too bad he didn't look a little farther and see what DNotes is up to. Wink

Analyzing Ether: A Bitcoin Investor's Skeptical Take

http://www.coindesk.com/analyzing-ether-bitcoin-investors-skeptical-take/

"It's too bad he didn't look a little farther and see what DNotes is up to. Wink" No doubt he will.

I had never counted on good fortune or wishful speculation but the vision to take the right path with a relentless commitment to always finish what I started and delivering what I promised. It is hard work and demands a ton of patience but it has always paid off for me. That is why I wrote a book on what it takes to succeed in business - "Improve Your Odds - The Four Pillars of Business Success." https://fourpillarsofbusinesssuccess.com/

P.S. DNotes and Smokeys Gardens follow the same business model and discipline. Stay tuned for more.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2017, 03:43:50 PM
Last edit: June 25, 2017, 08:45:41 PM by DNotes

The Four Pillars of Business Success - Introduction by Alan Yong

https://youtu.be/5JdWJ8IxCmU

To sign up for membership pre-registration please visit this link:
https://fourpillarsofbusinesssuccess.com/subscription/

gres91

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 05:10:29 PM

what is the difference between deferred and cold staking? is Dnotes the only coin with deferred staking?
TeeGee

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 06:02:52 PM

what is the difference between deferred and cold staking? is Dnotes the only coin with deferred staking?

Hi gres91! Welcome to our forum.

Deferred staking and cold staking are the same thing. We have created the process ourselves, and to our knowledge nobody else has developed anything similar. It works like this:

* You have a wallet, and you want to run a staking node. This requires you to hold your coins in that wallet while it stakes in the case of all POS coins today. This means your coins are 'online' in a 'hot wallet' while you're staking, which is less secure than having them stored offline, or in an online vault who takes care of this for you. Standard staking would also mean that running a node would preclude our users from earning the additional 2% annualized payout at our DNotesVault for storing your coins there - because you can't have your coins in two places at the same time, to earn each reward.

* Cold / deferred staking allows you to get any wallet, and defer its staking privileges to another wallet with a single click. This means your coins can be in one place, but behave like they're in two places at once without any security risk. The wallet that has given away its staking privileges can be forever offline after, and doesn't need to be decrypted to broadcast the staking privileges to another wallet (extra security). Every other part of the process can be completed offline (including the actual deferral of staking command, so you can log out of / encrypt your wallet, and then take it online to broadcast the defferal to the network).

* This means that one wallet can do staking for two wallets. The staking reward is paid to each respective wallet, depending on their balances. The cold wallet receives the reward for all balances it has got the online wallet to stake on its behalf for. DNotesVault accounts will able to grant staking privileges to external wallets running nodes.

* This adds and extra layer of security for people staking on our network. It also means they can get even greater rewards by holding their coins at our secure (and insured) online vault while running an external wallet node to support our network.

We do everything we can to make things as simple as possible for our users. This is a crucial security feature in our view, and we have done all the work in the back-end so that cold staking is as simple as a single click.

Security, and simplicity.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 06:29:56 PM

Deferred staking and cold staking are the same thing. We have created the process ourselves, and to our knowledge nobody else has developed anything similar. It works like this:

* You have a wallet, and you want to run a staking node. This requires you to hold your coins in that wallet while it stakes in the case of all POS coins today. This means your coins are 'online' in a 'hot wallet' while you're staking, which is less secure than having them stored offline, or in an online vault who takes care of this for you. Standard staking would also mean that running a node would preclude our users from earning the additional 2% annualized payout at our DNotesVault for storing your coins there - because you can't have your coins in two places at the same time, to earn each reward.

* Cold / deferred staking allows you to get any wallet, and defer its staking privileges to another wallet with a single click. This means your coins can be in one place, but behave like they're in two places at once without any security risk. The wallet that has given away its staking privileges can be forever offline after, and doesn't need to be decrypted to broadcast the staking privileges to another wallet (extra security). Every other part of the process can be completed offline (including the actual deferral of staking command, so you can log out of / encrypt your wallet, and then take it online to broadcast the defferal to the network).

* This means that one wallet can do staking for two wallets. The staking reward is paid to each respective wallet, depending on their balances. The cold wallet receives the reward for all balances it has got the online wallet to stake on its behalf for. DNotesVault accounts will able to grant staking privileges to external wallets running nodes.

* This adds and extra layer of security for people staking on our network. It also means they can get even greater rewards by holding their coins at our secure (and insured) online vault while running an external wallet node to support our network.

We do everything we can to make things as simple as possible for our users. This is a crucial security feature in our view, and we have done all the work in the back-end so that cold staking is as simple as a single click.

DNotes is different in many ways. We are always willing to go the extra mile for DNotes' stakeholders based on a simple philosophy: we will do things others wouldn't for the benefits and success of our stakeholders so that one day we are in the position to do things others can't do.

Smokeys Gardens https://smokeysgardens.com/ is a prime case in point. With an initial investment of $500 we became the largest daylily grower in the world in ten years. With the economy of scale we now have the land (70 acres), equipment, process, man-power, and other resources to plant, harvest, and ship more daylilies in a few days than our competitors could in the entire season. Success in business does not happen by accident. It starts with a clear vision and a great deal more ....... DNotes follows the same business model.
TeeGee

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 07:50:43 PM
Last edit: June 24, 2017, 08:54:04 PM by TeeGee

DNotes is different in many ways. We are always willing to go the extra mile for DNotes' stakeholders based on a simple philosophy: we will do things others wouldn't for the benefits and success of our stakeholders so that one day we are in the position to do things others can't do.

Smokeys Gardens https://smokeysgardens.com/ is a prime case in point. With an initial investment of $500 we became the largest daylily grower in the world in ten years. With the economy of scale we now have the land (70 acres), equipment, process, man-power, and other resources to plant, harvest, and ship more daylilies in a few days than our competitors could in the entire season. Success in business does not happen by accident. It starts with a clear vision and a great deal more ....... DNotes follows the same business model.

This is certainly true. We follow the criteria of building success that are not immediately obvious to people.

We work in a tightly integrated and internal manner that has allowed us to obfuscate our advantages to our competitors, who have focused instead on production - what is measurable and visible - but easy to replicate. We instead focus on production capability, or the source of power that makes production possible. If you internalize the focus to production capability -- as is the case with our basis for a business ecosystem to support DNotes -- you become much more able to grow rapidly when it comes to production, and creating what is measurable and visible but without being easily replicated. The myopic focus on creating something of lesser value now in the crypto-space is like what Stephen R. Covey called "the person who runs 2 hours a day, then gloats to you about how they're going to live longer... but neglects to mention that they're spending all their time running." There is not a lot such a person can do with the extra time. Better to spend time on more productive endeavors.

DNotes Global have implemented winning business strategies accordingly - strategies that appear completely lost on most, if not all other operators and investors within this industry at the moment. That is soon to change once the value of superior production capability is demonstrated as a better vehicle for producing tangible outputs over merely producing whatever you can in the moment (like, say, an ICO for garbage-grade investment in a business with only a white paper and no customers... anyone...? - funnily, it seems many).

Better production capability requires a lot of planning. DNotes was planned with the end in mind, and with a focus on meaningful objectives & production capability that will be difficult at best to compete against.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 10:05:47 PM

Wow! Interesting.

Cornell Professor: $150 Million Bancor is Flawed

By:Joseph Young on 24/06/2017

In a blog post, Cornell professor Emin Gun Sirer explained how Bancor, the most successful ICO in the history of the cryptocurrency market that raised $150 million in a matter of hours, is flawed in 29 different ways from its core vision to its technical aspects.

Sirer’s blog post comes after the criticisms of some of the industry’s most prominent security and bitcoin experts such as Andreas Antonopoulos and Augur co-founder Joey Krug. In early June, Antonopoulos and Krug both expressed their concerns over the massive amount of investment raised by the Bancor development team for untested code and project.

Krug, in particular, went as far to describe Bancor as a project concept which was proved to be inefficient in one of Augur’s previous beta tests.

“Dear god the free market just gave $150M to something we found out didn’t work in practice in the Augur beta,” said Krug.

Bancor initially gained popularity amongst investors within the cryptocurrency community after the endorsement of billionaire investor Tim Draper. The development team behind Bancor aimed to create a standardized platform that would grant an increased level of liquidity for ICO tokens and altcoins. The team described Bancor as the “standard for a new generation of smart tokens.”

On June 12, Draper officially announced his involvement in the Bancor network as an investor, stating:

“We’d like for this to be a Smart Token, so it can benefit from continuous liquidity from day 1. We look forward to a long collaboration with the Bancor team on this project, and are excited for what BNT has in store.”

Conceptually, the Bancor network serves as an intermediary between smart tokens or ICO tokens and direct traders. Instead of traders getting access to and purchasing ICO tokens in a direct peer to peer manner, Bancor sets a standard and a platform which in concept is supposed to provide increased liquidity for traders and ICO operators.

However, Sirer explained that the utilization of the network as a standard for ICO tokens is “like stepping into a kid’s swimming pool, placed in an ocean,” which is a fair assessment of the project’s fundamental concept. More importantly, before delving into the controversial technical components of Bancor, Sirer noted that there already exists a currency peg between ICO tokens and traders which is Ethereum’s Ether.

Like Bancor, the vast majority of ICOs are launched on top of the Ethereum protocol, which means that their tokens are fully compatible with Ethereum’s native token Ether. Hence, the necessity of Bancor tokens comes into question when there already exists a currency peg or an interoperable native token in Ether.

“There already exists a common currency through which we can trade. It’s called ether, and we can use it no matter which token pairs we want to trade, because those very tokens are, by definition, implemented on top of Ethereum and were purchased with ether in the first place,” said Sirer.

However, a more important criticism offered by both Sirer and Antonopoulos is how the Bancor development team raised $150 million for 40 lines of untested code.

“It’s only 40 lines of code. Now, there is nothing wrong with raising $3.5M per line of code, if indeed there is a certain technical advantage that those lines of code possess,” said Sirer.

Furthermore, Sirer revealed that the reimplemented math of Bancor had no direct test to cover critical functions executed by the Bancor codebase. He also described Bancor’s codebase as a “mess,” explaining that the Bancor codebase has a distinct javascript quality.

“Well-written code looks like a work of art. It doesn’t matter if it’s C or Go or Ruby or Prolog; in fact, it looks especially like a work of art if it’s well-written C code. But it does matter if it’s Javascript, because well-written Javascript code is like the mythical Yeti: often discussed, with snippets of evidence for its existence, but no one has seen it in its full, corporeal form. This has been the hallmark of badly written smart contracts: they have messy code paths, don’t follow best practices, and happen to work by the skin of their teeth,” criticized Sirer.

Bitcoin pioneer and COO of popular cryptocurrency wallet platform Jaxx Charlie Shrem also commented on the weak security measures of Bancor and whether if it is in need of a blockchain-based network to accomplish its tasks.

Charlie Shrem
✔@CharlieShrem
So the BANCOR can freeze accounts, create new tokens and block transfers. Why do they need a Blockchain again? https://twitter.com/MarcoDeMeireles/status/878218699219517442
10:39 AM - 23 Jun 2017

Source: https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/cornell-professor-150-million-bancor-flawed/
Chase
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 10:54:59 PM

https://youtu.be/mZUDm4x3dWk

I can't believe membership is free until the end of 2019! That will be very helpful to struggling businesses trying to get back on their feet. Even if the site content is still being worked on, they will still have access to a wealth of knowledge at no cost for the next 2 1/2 years.  Smiley

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

TeeGee

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 12:46:49 AM
Last edit: June 25, 2017, 01:07:39 AM by TeeGee

Lol, aren't the people behind Bancor the same outfit behind the failed (scam) Appcoin? oh goodie, let's just give them another $150m ether to dump!? Really ether community!?

The problem within this industry is that so many people have come across money almost completely by accident, absent any skill in investing. As a result, so many have lots of Ethereum and Bitcoin etc laying about, of which most of the value / wealth has been speculatively created. These investors don't contribute to the development of any crypto either - they don't have any 'business' skills. This is why the most rational investments for long-term success -- like DNotes -- still remain non-obvious to them, they have NO IDEA what they are doing, or even an interest in due diligence.

DNotes development network will review projects for investment on our crowdfunding platform. Only the highest grade investments will be allowed on the platform. This not only offers security to people who invest in the programs on the network, but also protects the value of DNotes currency from sell pressure when the VC round is over. Not the case on anybody else's development networks, where any cowboy can come along and get 150m with trash-grade code, a failed idea for a whitepaper, and a completely failed cryptocurrency that didn't even get off the floor behind them. This is similar to the DAO hack - 150m has just been given to yet another grossly-negligent / scam party. If you create something of zero-value (like bancor) that doesn't do what it states it will do, based on flawed ideas in the first place, and sell that snake oil for money, it is theft. May I once again congratulate the overly-excited and naive crypto community for giving Bancor so much money because they fell for fantasy terms like "asynchronous price discovery"?

Garbage-grade investments that can not demonstrate real value and profitability would never make it onto DNote's NextGenVC platform. Surely our business model approach for added security, consumer protection, and building intrinsic / fundamental value is beginning to make even more sense?

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 01:41:42 AM

https://youtu.be/mZUDm4x3dWk

I can't believe membership is free until the end of 2019! That will be very helpful to struggling businesses trying to get back on their feet. Even if the site content is still being worked on, they will still have access to a wealth of knowledge at no cost for the next 2 1/2 years.  Smiley

I have personally met many struggling business owners who gave up everything they got just to keep their doors opened - hoping that if they stay in business long enough they will somehow get a lucky break. That seldom happened. I can't be happier if I turned out to be their lucky break. I intent to produce a series of hard-fitting videos along with a good number of articles that are quite eye-opening. By signing up at the website members will be notified when something new is added. I have already spent hundreds of hours in preparation for an official launch. Many people can benefit from this project. Be sure to visit our website and sign up: https://fourpillarsofbusinesssuccess.com/subscription/
Chase
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 02:08:17 AM

Lol, aren't the people behind Bancor the same outfit behind the failed (scam) Appcoin? oh goodie, let's just give them another $150m ether to dump!? Really ether community!?

The problem within this industry is that so many people have come across money almost completely by accident, absent any skill in investing. As a result, so many have lots of Ethereum and Bitcoin etc laying about, of which most of the value / wealth has been speculatively created. These investors don't contribute to the development of any crypto either - they don't have any 'business' skills. This is why the most rational investments for long-term success -- like DNotes -- still remain non-obvious to them, they have NO IDEA what they are doing, or even an interest in due diligence.

DNotes development network will review projects for investment on our crowdfunding platform. Only the highest grade investments will be allowed on the platform. This not only offers security to people who invest in the programs on the network, but also protects the value of DNotes currency from sell pressure when the VC round is over. Not the case on anybody else's development networks, where any cowboy can come along and get 150m with trash-grade code, a failed idea for a whitepaper, and a completely failed cryptocurrency that didn't even get off the floor behind them. This is similar to the DAO hack - 150m has just been given to yet another grossly-negligent / scam party. If you create something of zero-value (like bancor) that doesn't do what it states it will do, based on flawed ideas in the first place, and sell that snake oil for money, it is theft. May I once again congratulate the overly-excited and naive crypto community for giving Bancor so much money because they fell for fantasy terms like "asynchronous price discovery"?

Garbage-grade investments that can not demonstrate real value and profitability would never make it onto DNote's NextGenVC platform. Surely our business model approach for added security, consumer protection, and building intrinsic / fundamental value is beginning to make even more sense?

Well said.

Hi HORT, it's great to see you here again. I hope everything is going okay.

"DNotes development network will review projects for investment on our crowdfunding platform. Only the highest grade investments will be allowed on the platform. This not only offers security to people who invest in the programs on the network, but also protects the value of DNotes currency from sell pressure when the VC round is over."

You saw it first at DNotes... Fiduciary duty in cryptocurrency! The sound you hear is the sound of jaws dropping across the industry. Grin Great post Tim.

DCEBrief

Merit: 102

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 02:57:12 AM

Chinese City Launches Blockchain-Based Public Services Program

https://dcebrief.com/chinese-city-launches-blockchain-based-public-services-program/
R-J-F

Merit: 310

AKA RJF - Member since '13

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 03:42:26 AM

My how the mainstream media has changed... Using bitcoin as a benchmark in a commodity rally prediction, must certainly be a first. I haven't done the exact math on this, but I figure this would make coffee futures around $3 million per pound, since bitcoin has generally been rallying since 2010.  Wink

Where to look for the next bitcoin-like rally — if the sun shines right

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/these-commodities-could-be-the-next-bitcoin-if-the-sun-shines-right-2017-06-23

I love a good cup of coffee but, I most certainly wouldn't go over 2 million a pound!

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
R-J-F

Merit: 310

AKA RJF - Member since '13

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 03:56:52 AM

When Einstein made his famous observation "Compound interest is the eighth wonder of the world. He who understands it, earns it ... he who doesn't ... pays it.” he forgot to add intrinsic value. Without an understanding of this concept people will never truly understand what "money" is. Schools don't bother to teach underlying concepts and roots of belief anymore. Its like they give you the icing without the cake. there is a whole generation of young people now who have no clue how the dollar gets it's power to buy real goods or even where that authority really comes from. Quite a shame...

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
taxmanmt5
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1024

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 06:51:21 AM

It is like we are being turned into the pod people or something.  I fully appreciate what the dev has put together, but we don't want a bridge between decentralized and centralized.  The entire concept and idea of Bitcoin is to be completely decentralized.
Chase
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 10:31:10 AM

It is like we are being turned into the pod people or something.  I fully appreciate what the dev has put together, but we don't want a bridge between decentralized and centralized.  The entire concept and idea of Bitcoin is to be completely decentralized.

Hi taxmanmt5, and welcome to the DNotes forum.

1. We are not a copycat of bitcoin or any other alt.
2. If every currency replicates the same concept and idea as bitcoin, that would make them the pod people...  Wink

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 352 »
  Print  

Jump to: