Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 06:10:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 89 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Criminality and Bitcoin  (Read 31296 times)
Mailly

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 10:00:02 AM

Certainly Bitcoin can be easily employed in prison pursuits and particular person can continue being nameless using different addresses. But nonetheless there are a lot of situations in which the criminals are easily traced through connecting various transactions and addresses. The thing is Bitcoin is not greater than fiat in any way for funding legal activities. Nations via some rules can make Bitcoin very easily traceable when essential. Fiat is way more anonymous than any cryptocurrency.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mevmike

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2017, 10:00:40 AM

i wont deny the fact that when i first heard about bitcoin i thought it was a waste of money to invest on it.
thinking that you will need to spend a lot of money to buy computer parts in order to obtain something that hasnt any value.
i also thought it was a scam scheme whose primarily aims to steal people's investments.
but i wont regret it.
since because of that i am now more urged to push more in order to have a successful cryptocurrency journey..
Cheesy

﴾  ﴾  ﴾  ﴾  ﴾   GlodCoin   |  Electronic Currency |  Ethereum Blockchain   ﴿  ﴿  ﴿  ﴿  ﴿
› › › › ›  3D Virtual Shopping | VERIFIED And Secured  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
﴾  ﴾  ﴾   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE ﴿  ﴿  ﴿
djgtr

Activity: 951
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 10:02:58 AM

Yes, bitcoin is helping the criminality.
We have to change some things on I think. More regulation will help bitcoin.

well shoes do, too. and knives. and telephones. every technology can be abused. where did the idea come from that a new technology should not be able to get abused? that is impossible.

regulate what? the (possible) criminal use of bitcoin? that is already regulated because it is illegal . the lawful use? why regulate that?

That is so true mate! Smiley Even fiat money that is regulated are subject to illegal use by criminals. Therefore, there is no way for us to be certain that once bitcoin will be regulated it will be free from criminal abuse.
well i think the number one reason why people do  crime is  the money ,poverty, i think bitcoin can really help to minus crime in reall life because bitcoin really gives an opportunity to the people without any requirement.maybe people did not commet crime if they saw that there are other simple way of making profit such us investing and trading bitcoin or maybe in joining signature campaign that was really a good contribution of bitcoin to the economics crisis it can really helps provide income to those ordinary people by then i think the crime will getting low.
Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1059

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 10:14:49 AM

Yes, bitcoin is helping the criminality.
We have to change some things on I think. More regulation will help bitcoin.

well shoes do, too. and knives. and telephones. every technology can be abused. where did the idea come from that a new technology should not be able to get abused? that is impossible.

regulate what? the (possible) criminal use of bitcoin? that is already regulated because it is illegal . the lawful use? why regulate that?

That is so true mate! Smiley Even fiat money that is regulated are subject to illegal use by criminals. Therefore, there is no way for us to be certain that once bitcoin will be regulated it will be free from criminal abuse.
well i think the number one reason why people do  crime is  the money ,poverty, i think bitcoin can really help to minus crime in reall life because bitcoin really gives an opportunity to the people without any requirement.maybe people did not commet crime if they saw that there are other simple way of making profit such us investing and trading bitcoin or maybe in joining signature campaign that was really a good contribution of bitcoin to the economics crisis it can really helps provide income to those ordinary people by then i think the crime will getting low.

Maybe, but I sort of doubt it. The people that are capable of doing signature campaign knows how to speak in English and that skill alone gives you some good choices for a day job with the proper training by the company itself. There are even jobs that only require you to know how to speak in English relatively well. I think that the people that commit crime are not necessarily those type of people. People know their worth and their skills. I think most of the people that commit crime are the people that are uneducated. They have no other choice but to commit crime in order to make money and they know for themselves that they lack the skill to change their lives. You're dumb, what are you going to do to make real money? You kill, you snatch from people, you steal from people. You basically have no choice because all you can offer is the physical part of you. You are lacking the intelligence or knowledge to be an employee that pays really well.

I think that bitcoin has opened up a door of opportunities for a lot of people. But it's not for everyone because some people are not able to digest the ideology of bitcoin.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

joekelly500

Activity: 25

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 10:18:56 AM

Bitcoins is a digital currency everyone has access to it
Good and evil are the two side of Same coin , where their is good it has to be nullifyed by evil so to make the thing in equilibrium ,
It's same in the case of bitcoins:-
Many people use it for trading for business purposes for investment and many more things it has many great advantages as a digital currency and people use it to its full potential
While there are many people who use bitcoins to buy drugs and also supply weapons as no one can see their identity all we can see is an wallet address
They are using one of the advantages of Bitcoin transaction
For their are no rules for using bitcoins we can't say it is ileegal on digital scale ,
But yes when we see the consequences and the things they are buying it is illegal and this is one of the reason that many countries are not accepting bitcoins
ubeng07

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 10:20:53 AM

https://www.deepdotweb.com/2016/01/23/bitcoin-playing-an-increased-role-in-crime-europol-says/

Would you believe that the existence of bitcoin has increased the number of criminality in  some countries in the world. This is the issue that was being thrown by the EuroPol and the UK Metropolitan Police. According to them bitcoin has played a huge role on the increasing criminality in their area. They added that a huge number of cybercriminals were using bitcoins in their activities.

This just shows that as bitcoin develops both advantages and disadvantages will tag along.

Actually, crime rates nowadays are quite large. Not only because of Bitcoin. But Yes, cybercrimes are increasing in rate because of our advanced-technology, criminals are also upgrading their techniques to do crimes. I do not agree that Bitcoin is the reason behind these bad happenings. This is because of us, people who live our life with full of greed and selfishness. That is why we think of doing some kind of bad act. Bitcoin is just the object. But their are a lot of cybercrimes wherein Bitcoin is not involved.
Agree, if bitcoin has advantage it has disadvantages too and that is being an instrument for the criminals to make their bad ways be possible. but even before btc or other crypto was released, this kind of problem are already existing. any currency can be tag in crimes if theres no money involve then it will be hard for them to do their bad deed.
Everything that there is a money that are involved there are always criminality that can ever be happen not all but some are may use this for criminality hope it will be prevented by as i can see as of now the criminality because of bitcoin are not that so they are always make some good not bad things when they already know about bitcoin.
bncbnc

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 10:05:30 PM

https://www.deepdotweb.com/2016/01/23/bitcoin-playing-an-increased-role-in-crime-europol-says/

Would you believe that the existence of bitcoin has increased the number of criminality in  some countries in the world. This is the issue that was being thrown by the EuroPol and the UK Metropolitan Police. According to them bitcoin has played a huge role on the increasing criminality in their area. They added that a huge number of cybercriminals were using bitcoins in their activities.

This just shows that as bitcoin develops both advantages and disadvantages will tag along.

Actually, crime rates nowadays are quite large. Not only because of Bitcoin. But Yes, cybercrimes are increasing in rate because of our advanced-technology, criminals are also upgrading their techniques to do crimes. I do not agree that Bitcoin is the reason behind these bad happenings. This is because of us, people who live our life with full of greed and selfishness. That is why we think of doing some kind of bad act. Bitcoin is just the object. But their are a lot of cybercrimes wherein Bitcoin is not involved.
Agree, if bitcoin has advantage it has disadvantages too and that is being an instrument for the criminals to make their bad ways be possible. but even before btc or other crypto was released, this kind of problem are already existing. any currency can be tag in crimes if theres no money involve then it will be hard for them to do their bad deed.
Everything that there is a money that are involved there are always criminality that can ever be happen not all but some are may use this for criminality hope it will be prevented by as i can see as of now the criminality because of bitcoin are not that so they are always make some good not bad things when they already know about bitcoin.
It is not right that criminality is due to bitcoin. May be bitcoin is used somewhere for criminal activity transaction but we cannot say that bitcoin is based on criminality. Fiat are also using for criminal activities so why we not blame fiat. Bitcoin is just a currency and it may be used for good and bad both activities, now it depend on the user that in what sense he want to utilize bitcoin but currently it is clear that mostly people are using bitcoin in good sense.

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|..FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT...........
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE....

..─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────..
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|.JOIN US NOW!.|
iamzill

Activity: 677
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 01:19:54 AM

I am less so know about the criminality that occurred due to bitcoin, but I think there must be criminality that occurs because every cyber scope like this criminality will also develop along with technological advances or I'm sure of bitcoin there must be a system that can prevent the incoming criminality into it
pavelv3

Activity: 47

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 01:28:52 AM

Several criminals this kind of as terrorism and illicit drugs, they started to use the anomaly characteristic of bitcoins to illegally and spreading them.
Okuman

Activity: 39

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 01:43:26 AM

As the crypt currency is a new market, it is the situation that a law to regulate a crime cannot arrange.
As Bitcoin do not create criminality, I do not have any problem sometime soon.
Astvile

Activity: 1484
Merit: 276

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 02:06:51 AM

I think when they say criminal activities, it really means cybercrime activities. tho cybercrime were really a hit even before bitcoin, tho it surely increased when bitcoin was released because it offers a fast transaction, and it became famous in the deepweb where most of cybercrime happens.

[ monero.cx ]        CREATE A NEW EXCHANGE
  Contact Us            PGP Key            Mirror URLs  |
████████████EXCHANGE ████████████
evgeniyosda

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 12:20:18 PM

I cannot truly comprehend men and women saying there is a url between criminality and bitcoin. Clearly, there just isn't. As one particular of the customers said previously mentioned, the criminals preserve likely. They can get paid in cash, income, gold, any useful point. Bitcoin has nothing at all do with it.
8Habits

Activity: 756
Merit: 294

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 07:37:16 AM

I think when they say criminal activities, it really means cybercrime activities. tho cybercrime were really a hit even before bitcoin, tho it surely increased when bitcoin was released because it offers a fast transaction, and it became famous in the deepweb where most of cybercrime happens.

Aside from cyber crimes, it can also be used in offline transactions - those that are illegal (anything you can think of). However, even with fiat money, it is also apparently is happening. There is really nothing we can do about it and it is already the duty of our authority enforcers to get them and brought them to the folds of the law.
Harbal

Activity: 36

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 04:52:03 PM

However, it truly is real that criminals likes bitcoin and employed it for felony goal.Not too long ago, I read Tv report in my country that law enforcement located and caught drug sellers.They bought medications in the dim internet and paid out with bitcoin.Due to the fact of this kind of studies, men and women can get extremely adverse impression about bitcoin.
pavelkdr

Activity: 25

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 01:16:27 PM

Bitcoin has been developed for gentleman welfare.So every person should do not abuse this coin.
8Habits

Activity: 756
Merit: 294

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 02:48:50 AM

However, it truly is real that criminals likes bitcoin and employed it for felony goal.Not too long ago, I read Tv report in my country that law enforcement located and caught drug sellers.They bought medications in the dim internet and paid out with bitcoin.Due to the fact of this kind of studies, men and women can get extremely adverse impression about bitcoin.

Well, it really depends on how the media put an angle in their reporting about the use of bitcoin with illegal transactions. Have the media also pointed out that there are more bigger amount of money transactions involving illegal activities using fiat money?
danggoron

Activity: 560
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 04:16:41 AM

cyber criminals use bitcoin as a crime payment currency, it happens when GOT is hacked. Anonymous bitcoin transactions make it the preferred method of payment for cybercriminals in blackmailing their targets.
the more criminals that use bitcoin, it does not mean that bitcoin has a bad effect, it is caused by the person using it. therefore, we must be wise in using bitcoin.

Lasvista

Activity: 396
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 05:20:08 AM

Even where. Even with the money we hold. Bad acts happen as long as money involves. The only difference is because bitcoins are easy to send without a document, your name should be necessary. Because bitcouns are decentralized and we can not do so accept these bad things.
Yarsk

Activity: 448
Merit: 122

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 05:28:07 AM

Well I don't think so bitcoin can not increase the rate of criminality in a country that is highly organize, because to access bitcoin there are so many things that will be at play not like faint money that can be access easily.
The only way I think bitcoin can aid criminality is in the area of arms purchased purchasing bitcoin can be use to buy arms easily.
rhamzter

Activity: 420
Merit: 282

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 05:45:06 AM

cyber criminals use bitcoin as a crime payment currency, it happens when GOT is hacked. Anonymous bitcoin transactions make it the preferred method of payment for cybercriminals in blackmailing their targets.
the more criminals that use bitcoin, it does not mean that bitcoin has a bad effect, it is caused by the person using it. therefore, we must be wise in using bitcoin.
There's a lot of crime in the whole world, especially in digital country we can't notice this because were all busy in our own life. However if you see the news in different sites, you will see there's a lot of accounts were hacked, selling bodies thru internet in exchange of money or bitcoin, gambling it is also a crime. But no one can stop that due to lack of solution regarding with that problems, you know why? because digital world was so extensive.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 89 »
  Print  

Jump to: