Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:02:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 265 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Anoncoin chat thread (including history)  (Read 530463 times)
godislove

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

Devout Atheist

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 06:28:27 PM

It sounds like he is implying a back door, but in another post he said "it's no one's business" which seems hard line enough to imply there is not a back door.  "Not to the public anyway" could also mean he does not expect their methods to be susceptible to common methods of discovery, but that he would not rule out the NSA or IRS from figuring methods out.  He is very much into the details of crypto and is NOT quick to say "no one can break this".

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LeFiste

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 02:55:54 PM

Anoncoin is more than just a alt-coin...it's a statement and a spit in the face of money centralization and banking cartells! Even if all the other alt-coins will be crushed by international laws and will not survive as a real payment method, Anoncoin will live in the depths of the darknet. Darknets are the future of the internet and anonymity will be of great value for all of us. Anoncoin fits right into the anarchistic idea of the whole Anonymous network...we all should support it for our digital freedom!! I'm really confused why the crypto-scene doesn't really support Anoncoin...it makes me sad.

Thanks to all the Anoncoin devs, I really appreciate your work and I will keep on supporting Anoncoin through my hashes!

P.s.: if you want to get rid of your Anoncoins and invest in shit-fun coins like doge/cat/moon which make the crypto scene look like a joke...feel free to fill my wallet, so I can distribute Anoncoins to those who believe in freedom and privacy and will fight for it!

We are legion!

AL6dHsoYjLZ978A5TLM3uoCKwHy359tBG8

Trader Steve

Activity: 836
Merit: 1007

"How do you eat an elephant? One bit at a time..."

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 07:13:43 PM

It sounds like he is implying a back door, but in another post he said "it's no one's business" which seems hard line enough to imply there is not a back door.  "Not to the public anyway" could also mean he does not expect their methods to be susceptible to common methods of discovery, but that he would not rule out the NSA or IRS from figuring methods out.  He is very much into the details of crypto and is NOT quick to say "no one can break this".

Thank you. That makes much more sense.
blacklig

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 09:29:20 PM

I wish all the best to Anoncoin in 2014  Smiley
jonanon

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 09:17:54 AM

I'm a huge fan of ANC but wonder if Zerocoin would have a detrimental effect on Anoncoins future value?

Huh
torpedero_maltes

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 11:45:22 AM

Any one having trouble with this pool?

https://www.anoncoinpool.net/

Seems doesn't work from this morning Sad

torpedero_maltes

Activity: 31

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 12:41:29 PM

Anoncoin is more than just a alt-coin...it's a statement and a spit in the face of money centralization and banking cartells! Even if all the other alt-coins will be crushed by international laws and will not survive as a real payment method, Anoncoin will live in the depths of the darknet. Darknets are the future of the internet and anonymity will be of great value for all of us. Anoncoin fits right into the anarchistic idea of the whole Anonymous network...we all should support it for our digital freedom!! I'm really confused why the crypto-scene doesn't really support Anoncoin...it makes me sad.

Thanks to all the Anoncoin devs, I really appreciate your work and I will keep on supporting Anoncoin through my hashes!

P.s.: if you want to get rid of your Anoncoins and invest in shit-fun coins like doge/cat/moon which make the crypto scene look like a joke...feel free to fill my wallet, so I can distribute Anoncoins to those who believe in freedom and privacy and will fight for it!

We are legion!

AL6dHsoYjLZ978A5TLM3uoCKwHy359tBG8

That's the point!

It's something "revolutionary" in this cryptcoin :-)
kneim
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 01:42:59 PM

The Wallet tells me "No block source available..." (9 days behind)

9 days before I updated my wallet to version 0.8.5.6, running on a Windows 7 VM. I prepared the system with Tor, the new wallet reloaded the full blockchain successfully.

Now after 9 days I get no connection. I started the Tor browser first, then the wallet. Both with standard configurations. With Tor I'm able to browse the Internet. Where should I look now?

BitcoinFX
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1720

https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2014, 06:44:06 PM

The Wallet tells me "No block source available..." (9 days behind)

9 days before I updated my wallet to version 0.8.5.6, running on a Windows 7 VM. I prepared the system with Tor, the new wallet reloaded the full blockchain successfully.

Now after 9 days I get no connection. I started the Tor browser first, then the wallet. Both with standard configurations. With Tor I'm able to browse the Internet. Where should I look now?

Did you try checking your Socks ports settings for both Tor and Anoncoin ?

More recent Tor browser bundle versions have been using SocksPort 9150 instead of SocksPort 9050 !

"Bitcoin OG" 1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp | Bitcoin logo™ Enforcer? | Bitcoin is BTC | CSW is NOT Satoshi Nakamoto | I Mine BTC, LTC, ZEC, XMR and GAP | BTC on Tor addnodes Project | Media enquiries : Wu Ming | Enjoy The Money Machine | "You cannot compete with Open Source" and "Cryptography != Banana" | BSV and BCH are COUNTERFEIT.
BitcoinFX
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2014, 06:47:32 PM

Updated: Advanced Tor Browser Bundle config. - Anti-Spying - Anti-ECHELON - Anti-FiveEyes

See: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=331077.msg3551345#msg3551345

Its designed for faster browsing, not for Anoncoin - although updating it did give me the idea for my next post...

"Bitcoin OG" 1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp | Bitcoin logo™ Enforcer? | Bitcoin is BTC | CSW is NOT Satoshi Nakamoto | I Mine BTC, LTC, ZEC, XMR and GAP | BTC on Tor addnodes Project | Media enquiries : Wu Ming | Enjoy The Money Machine | "You cannot compete with Open Source" and "Cryptography != Banana" | BSV and BCH are COUNTERFEIT.
BitcoinFX
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2014, 07:01:33 PM

Anoncoin - Tor - Enclave's ?

P2P via Tor is far from perfect and in fact isn't really recommended as the Tor software is not really designed for such usage and is also known to leak certain identifiers. Furthermore, Tor hidden services are known to provide much better anonymity for users than for their operators.

I've been giving thought as to how it might be possible to increase Anoncoin connectivity with Tor whilst actually helping the Tor network, instead of slightly hindering it.

This concept is for an enclave of Anoncoin nodes running hidden services as relays / exit nodes with custom settings to potentially increase the privacy of Anoncoin Tor users. An Anoncoin mesh network within the Tor Network if you like.

Howto: Tor config. - dedicated Relay options (See: https://www.torproject.org/docs/tor-manual.html.en - Tor Manual):

ORPort 9377 - Optional - identifiable as Anoncoin.

LongLivedPorts 9377 - port addition to help connectivity.

"A list of ports for services that tend to have long-running connections (e.g. chat and interactive shells). Circuits for streams that use these ports will contain only high-uptime nodes, to reduce the chance that a node will go down before the stream is finished. Note that the list is also honored for circuits (both client and service side) involving hidden services whose virtual port is in this list. (Default: 21, 22, 706, 1863, 5050, 5190, 5222, 5223, 6523, 6667, 6697, 8300)"

AllowSingleHopCircuits 1

"When this option is set, the attached Tor controller can use relays that have the AllowSingleHopExits option turned on to build one-hop Tor connections. (Default: 0)"

ExcludeSingleHopRelays 0

"This option controls whether circuits built by Tor will include relays with the AllowSingleHopExits flag set to true. If ExcludeSingleHopRelays is set to 0, these relays will be included. Note that these relays might be at higher risk of being seized or observed, so they are not normally included. Also note that relatively few clients turn off this option, so using these relays might make your client stand out. (Default: 1)"

EnforceDistinctSubnets 0

"If 1, Tor will not put two servers whose IP addresses are "too close" on the same circuit. Currently, two addresses are "too close" if they lie in the same /16 range. (Default: 1)"

As per. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=309716.msg3324942#msg3324942 - How to run Anoncoin as a Tor hidden service?

Anoncoin hidden service relays could now have improved connectivity with one another (and with Anoncoin Tor clients) utilizing reciprocal one-hop connections.

Some collaboration on the part of Anoncoin hidden service operators and/or batches of hidden services nodes running 'my family' or groups of .onion addnodes is required with each node incorporating lists of known / shared / published addnode .onion addresses.

When a full list of running hidden service .onion addresses has been established - client only Tor users can connect more easily with onlynet=tor tor=127.0.0.1:9050 (as per. What/Howto Tor) in the Anoncoin .conf also using maxconnections=8 (example) to help prevent unecessary traffic errors through Tor.

Tor Exit Relays should also use:

AllowSingleHopExits 1

This option controls whether clients can use this server as a single hop proxy. If set to 1, clients can use this server as an exit even if it is the only hop in the circuit. Note that most clients will refuse to use servers that set this option, since most clients have ExcludeSingleHopRelays set. (Default: 0)

Furthermore, relay's and clients could use a publicly updated custom Tor nodes config. for targeted Anoncoin enclave connectivity:

ExcludeNodes node,node,…

A list of identity fingerprints, nicknames, country codes and address patterns of nodes to avoid when building a circuit. (Example: ExcludeNodes SlowServer, ABCD1234CDEF5678ABCD1234CDEF5678ABCD1234, {cc}, 255.254.0.0/8) By default, this option is treated as a preference that Tor is allowed to override in order to keep working. For example, if you try to connect to a hidden service, but you have excluded all of the hidden service’s introduction points, Tor will connect to one of them anyway. If you do not want this behavior, set the StrictNodes option (documented below).
Note also that if you are a relay, this (and the other node selection options below) only affects your own circuits that Tor builds for you. Clients can still build circuits through you to any node. Controllers can tell Tor to build circuits through any node.
Country codes are case-insensitive. The code "{??}" refers to nodes whose country can’t be identified. No country code, including {??}, works if no GeoIPFile can be loaded. See also the GeoIPExcludeUnknown option below.

EntryNodes node,node,…

A list of identity fingerprints, nicknames, and country codes of nodes to use for the first hop in your normal circuits. Normal circuits include all circuits except for direct connections to directory servers. The Bridge option overrides this option; if you have configured bridges and UseBridges is 1, the Bridges are used as your entry nodes.

The ExcludeNodes option overrides this option: any node listed in both EntryNodes and ExcludeNodes is treated as excluded.

Anyway, lots of variations and ways to go about this - hint hint. Could make for an interesting P2P experiment using Tor.

Start looking for published lists or Tor nodes with ORPort 9377 in the http://torstatus.blutmagie.de/ soon ?

theKnownUnknown

Activity: 16

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 09:23:19 PM

Does anyone have a clue why the net hashrate of anoncoin nearly doubled the last few hours? Are there any possitive news about anoncoin that I missed? I really like anoncoin but it gets harder and harder to mine with my 700 Kh/s Sad.
blacklig

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 11:44:26 PM

Can anyone help me with unblocking unprocessed transaction in my wallet?
I wanted to send some amount on cryptsy 10 days ago and today I found out it is not on cryptsy, nor in wallet Smiley
It is just in sent coins but has 0 confirmations for 10 days..
I tried to run wallet with -salvagewallet which solved same problem with quark wallet but it seems that it doesnt work here..
any idea, how to unblock it? Thanks
kneim
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 08:32:48 AM

I wanted to send some amount on cryptsy 10 days ago and today I found out it is not on cryptsy, nor in wallet Smiley
I tried to run wallet with -salvagewallet which solved same problem with quark wallet but it seems that it doesnt work here..
What method do you use? i2p, tor, clearnet?

Do you have a connection to the network? Do you have an up-to-date blockchain?

I had an issue with sending Peercoins. I found it had stuck because of a lost internet connection a few hours before. It was not enough to reenable the network connection and load the rest of the blockchain. To clear the dead entry in the transaction list I had to recover from a backup.

If you want to know if your coins ever have been sent, then take a look into a block explorer.

geekz

Activity: 189

जगत् िमत

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 10:09:12 AM

Does anyone have a clue why the net hashrate of anoncoin nearly doubled the last few hours? Are there any possitive news about anoncoin that I missed? I really like anoncoin but it gets harder and harder to mine with my 700 Kh/s Sad.
The price of AnonCoin Doubled in last few days.  Thats what happened.  Smiley
theKnownUnknown

Activity: 16

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 11:26:04 AM

But the question is why. Just someone big stumbled across anoncoin by accident? Or is it the ordinary up and down? Just want to know if I have missed some good news like e.g. a new store accepts anoncoin, clearnet or darknet. Or some new features have been announced?
shtako

Activity: 779
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 11:31:00 AM

But the question is why. Just someone big stumbled across anoncoin by accident? Or is it the ordinary up and down? Just want to know if I have missed some good news like e.g. a new store accepts anoncoin, clearnet or darknet. Or some new features have been announced?

Most alts have lost value the last 2-3 weeks. Maybe more people want to hold quality coins.  Smiley
kof94

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 01:00:19 PM

why is anoncoin transfer traceable on blo ckchain explorer? I transfered 1 anoncoin from one wallet address to another, and on block chain explorer when I input the second wallet address into it, I can see clearly where the coin transfered in is from. Isn't anoncoin anonymous? Could anyone give any clue? Thanks!
gostrol

Activity: 57

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 04:26:47 PM
Last edit: January 04, 2014, 04:41:28 PM by gostrol

why is anoncoin transfer traceable on blo ckchain explorer? I transfered 1 anoncoin from one wallet address to another, and on block chain explorer when I input the second wallet address into it, I can see clearly where the coin transfered in is from. Isn't anoncoin anonymous? Could anyone give any clue? Thanks!

You should read more about anoncoin : transactions are traceable just like in any other coin in the blockchain. What is anonymous about it is that it can be connected through i2p but this is of use only for mined coin otherwise every transaction is traceable hence if bought from exchange with real id it can be known just like another coin. Anoncoin may become more anonymous latter if they introduce zerocoin transactions in client but until then it is not. Also there are problems for zerocoin implementation : size of proof of zerocoin v1 is too big as well as takes lots of time to process and there are trust issues for generation of an unrecoverable encrypting key to initialize zerocoin. This has been discussed since several months in this thread and has not changed much recently.

Try to run anoncoin-QT with -rescan. It may help maybe.
StewartJ

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 04:47:37 PM

Very intrigued by this coin.

What is the future outlook in terms of value?

Have there been efforts to create an anonymous exchange for btc/anc?

Obviously its innovation is its stealth, would the name StealthCoin been more appropriate...
or would that of been calling to much attention to itself?

If there ever is an online crackdown on virtual currency, is this the hedge we need to protect our wealth?

Keep up the good work, refreshing to see this coin prosper after all the deluge of pump and dump clone coins.

Best,
Stew
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 265 »
  Print  

Jump to: