Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 05:08:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 [201] 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 ... 265 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Anoncoin chat thread (including history)  (Read 530469 times)
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 11:20:33 AM

Interesting - please elaborate.

Also, are you currently designing such a system or planning to design at some point? What would you need to make that happen (resources, developers, funding)?

Would that solution (anonymity of the transactions up to that point) be protected from math breakthroughs or quantum computers?
DrZambeziPhD

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 05:30:45 PM

Interesting - please elaborate.

Also, are you currently designing such a system or planning to design at some point? What would you need to make that happen (resources, developers, funding)?

Would that solution (anonymity of the transactions up to that point) be protected from math breakthroughs or quantum computers?

I was extrapolating a feature based on the inherent qualities of wallets, i.e., keys which can give varying degrees of authority or information about funds to other keys.

Your last question, that is the whole point. Math breakthroughs that can be foreseen are not a threat to current keys and would not threaten new uses of those keys within reason. Quantum computers it makes no sense to speculate about. The strength of keys now would take so many trillions of years to break using an array of supercomputers today. No intelligent guess could be made regarding speeds of future computers using newer technology.

As to what is needed 'to make that happen', for you and me only patience.

I point it out so that people who are less inclined to math will stop falling in these traps so easily. A person must be very simple to buy into the Zerocoin that has been peddled on this thread. What will happen when conners or the academic thugs of governments try to pump something more clever? For that reason I warn people, play along quietly but do not trust a coin as anonymous until the anonymity is derived from the same keys used for transactions now. There is no need for more and someone adds more only because either a) they are unable to solve the problem so they cobble something together or b) they have hidden intentions.

If you want to push the issue start a thread on a more technical board asking for analysis and opinions.
http://s13.zetaboards.com/Crypto/forum/3141/
https://www.physicsforums.com/#mathematics.4
http://crypto.stackexchange.com/

A person with just a moderate amount of effort could use a bitcoin wallet with very high anonymity as long as they were okay with all of the coins being anonymous. The most important aspect of anonymity in cryptocurrency today, of course, is simply the computer. If you are at home you are not anonymous. <period.

The most important use for anonymity is evolving. Some people would like you to think anonymity is for buying drugs or guns for alqaeda. Actually anonymity is liberty in almost every country today. If someone controls your money they control your opinion ultimately. Ask any old person.
lunokhod2

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 05:57:29 PM

Message from Meeh

Meeh has asked myself (lunokhod) and cryptoslave to take a more formal role in the Anoncoin project as project managers. This move is designed to give the other developers more time to concentrate on what they do best, all while bringing in extra help to aid in dealing with general organizational and PR issues.

We will provide a more detailed statement in the next 24 hours as to what this will mean in practice. You can rest assured that development is continuing and that the project has not been abandoned: If things were not moving forward, we would never have agreed to take on this responsibility!

https://sigterm.no/pastebin/?63f04c0fc2455287#RParhwYSXqDkdWVNbRCFTzWeYph6//uZWkTVY1tgTIk=

Code:
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

I, Mikal Villa (Meeh) grant Cryptoslave and lunokhod permission to speak on behaf of the Anoncoin project
as members just as I, K1773R, Gnosis and BroTroxer. Actually I'm stepping down to development leader and they
will act as project leaders until anything else said.
(Meaning K1773R, Gnosis and BroTroxer or one of them strongly disagree, which I doubt).
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1
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=SXqv
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Apraksin

Activity: 420
Merit: 251

Moon?

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 06:08:42 PM

Message from Meeh

Meeh has asked myself (lunokhod) and cryptoslave to take a more formal role in the Anoncoin project as project managers. This move is designed to give the other developers more time to concentrate on what they do best, all while bringing in extra help to aid in dealing with general organizational and PR issues.

We will provide a more detailed statement in the next 24 hours as to what this will mean in practice. You can rest assured that development is continuing and that the project has not been abandoned: If things were not moving forward, we would never have agreed to take on this responsibility!

https://sigterm.no/pastebin/?63f04c0fc2455287#RParhwYSXqDkdWVNbRCFTzWeYph6//uZWkTVY1tgTIk=

Code:

I, Mikal Villa (Meeh) grant Cryptoslave and lunokhod permission to speak on behaf of the Anoncoin project
as members just as I, K1773R, Gnosis and BroTroxer. Actually I'm stepping down to development leader and they
(Meaning K1773R, Gnosis and BroTroxer or one of them strongly disagree, which I doubt).

sD8QaKYCzKb3f23tZbwD
=SXqv

Splendid news, glad to hear it!
niteglider

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Lean into the curves.

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 06:39:35 PM

Message from Meeh

Code:

Well, ok then.  Looking forward to an update and status report.

LunoPumpANC

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 07:25:58 PM

Message from Meeh

Code:

sD8QaKYCzKb3f23tZbwD
=SXqv

Good joke.
Meeh Last Active: October 07, 2014, 02:54:44 PM
Meeh Last Post: October 04, 2014, 04:19:08 AM

He really was very active as PR. Now we understand why he did not do his job of developer.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=106663;sa=showPosts

We had the Meeh pump and dump last year.
We had the Gnosis pump and dump some weeks ago.
Now, place to the lunokhod2 pump and dump. Expect zerocoin release early next year!
Who will be the next pump and dump actor?
Cryptoslave

Activity: 150

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 07:34:26 PM

Hi!

I will do my best to provide a healthy direction to the Anoncoin network Smiley

I recognize the situation could look better than what it is now but it is only because this coin is still a work in progress Wink

But progress only go forward and there is the promise of a great future for ANC! Cheesy
LunoPumpANC

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 07:35:57 PM

Hi!

I recognize the situation could look better than what it is now but it is only because this coin is still a work in progress Wink

But progress only go forward and there is the promise of a great future for ANC! Cheesy

Cryptoslave Brand new account Shocked
THE NEW PR GUY IS HERE Grin
WELCOME TO THE ANONCOIN COMEDY or DRAMA depending of point of view (SmokingSkull Wink)

Don't tell me I have not warned you.
Cryptoslave

Activity: 150

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 07:45:11 PM

General Statistics - LunoPumpANC

Total Time Spent Online:    15 minutes

Hi!

WELCOME TO THE ANONCOIN COMEDY or DRAMA depending of point of view (SmokingSkull Wink)

LunoPumpANC

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 07:48:50 PM

General Statistics - LunoPumpANC

Total Time Spent Online:    15 minutes

Hi!

General Statistics - Cryptoslave
Name:   Cryptoslave
Activity:   0
Position:   Newbie
Date Registered:   November 05, 2014, 11:23:15 PM
Last Active:   Today at 07:47:40 PM

Hey Meeh, this is the NEW PR GUY in whom we need to trust?
tomothy

Activity: 258

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 08:18:15 PM

Stoked to see the changes, wasn't sure when you guys would formally be making these changes. Happy to see it sooner rather than later. Its nice to hear about Meehs stronger understanding of newer btc code base, 9+, and the updated improvements of i2p. I'm mainly excited about getting a timeline in a few? days on needed wallet/algo updates so we can trade on main exchanges again. Make us proud! Hope you've been waiting with us dragon Cheesy
lunokhod2

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 11:45:54 PM
Last edit: November 09, 2014, 08:33:06 AM by lunokhod2

At Meeh's request, Cryptoslave and myself have joined the Anoncoin team as project managers. As you are all probably aware, the Anoncoin developers have full time jobs, and Meeh in particular has been having a hard time juggling his responsibilities at work, Anoncoin, and i2p. He has not been able to keep everyone in the community as informed as they should, and this will all change. Cryptoslave and I will bridge the gap between the development team and community, and we will provide much needed help in organizing certain aspects of the project. For myself, I have relevant experience as the head of a scientific research lab, so I think that I am up to the job.

We are not here to pump the coin, and ask that you judge both us and the developers based on the progress that is made, not the price of the coin. We are well aware that Anoncoin is at a low point in its history, and many (including myself) are disappointed with the missed deadlines, the problems with the difficulty algorithm, and the fact that many exchanges are not accepting deposits or withdrawals. We face an uphill battle, and it is easy to become disheartened when other so-called anonymous coins are seeing progress and adoption.

Despite the immediate difficulties we face, I still believe that Anoncoin has much to offer. To start with, it is the only coin that offers support of the i2p darknet. You have all seen the recent news of Tor darknet market places being raided by authorities, showing the need for incorporating i2p into digital currencies. Equally important, even if the Zerocoin deadlines proved to be overly optimistic, Anoncoin is still the only coin that has made progress on its implementation. Though other coins are claiming to be implementing Zerocoin as well, if you look closely, you will see that they have only copied the publicly available Zerocoin library into their code, and nothing else. But finally, all of the developers are committed to internet privacy issues, and are not in to cryptocurrencies to make money. Anyone who thinks otherwise just needs to look at the long term trend in the value of ANC...

I can assure you that progress is being made, and that both Gnosis and Meeh are working on fixing the most pressing issues (the difficulty algorithm, and an update to the bitcoin 0.9.3 base code). It is true that Meeh does not visit bitcointalk often, in part because of the rampant trolling and sock puppets, but he is on IRC, and that is where most of the core team members meet and discuss things. I would like to invite you all to join us on the #anoncoin irc channel, either via i2p, or by our new server irc.greyhat.no (port 6697). If you are really interested, ask us to invite you to join the developer channel as well. We are currently migrating the irc forums to greyhat (and leaving freenode) given the greater level of privacy that is offered (such as connections via ssl).

Our first priority will be to put together an Anoncoin development schedule, and the community will be able to use this to see the progress that is being made. We are tentatively planning on three releases, one to fix the immediate problems, a second to implement fully i2pd and other features, and third zerocoin. This will likely require 2 hard forks. We are also planning on rolling out a new forum as the trolling at bitcointalk is becoming annoying to everyone. I expect to share the development schedule with all of you in about a weeks' time.

Finally, I would like to remind you how you can keep informed on the Anoncoin project. The best sources of information concerning anoncoin:

• The #anoncoin IRC channel (and corresponding developer channel)
  • The Anoncoin wiki
  • The AnoncoinNews and AnoncoinProject twitter feeds.
  • The Anoncoin reddit page
  • and lastly, here.

Stay tuned...
keystroke

Activity: 900
Merit: 1014

advocate of a cryptographic attack on the globe

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 07:30:50 AM

I just started a node which I can run for a long time into the future. I would also like to run it as a DNS seed node. It is a very well connected dedicated server with excellent uptime. Can someone from the project PM me so we can get this set up?

"The difference between a castle and a prison is only a question of who holds the keys."
K1773R
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008

/dev/null

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 10:42:22 AM

I just started a node which I can run for a long time into the future. I would also like to run it as a DNS seed node. It is a very well connected dedicated server with excellent uptime. Can someone from the project PM me so we can get this set up?
ACK

[GPG Public Key]
BTC/DVC/TRC/FRC: 1K1773RbXRZVRQSSXe9N6N2MUFERvrdu6y ANC/XPM AK1773RTmRKtvbKBCrUu95UQg5iegrqyeA NMC: NK1773Rzv8b4ugmCgX789PbjewA9fL9Dy1 LTC: LKi773RBuPepQH8E6Zb1ponoCvgbU7hHmd EMC: EK1773RxUes1HX1YAGMZ1xVYBBRUCqfDoF BQC: bK1773R1APJz4yTgRkmdKQhjhiMyQpJgfN
WDL

Activity: 54

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 10:58:36 AM

Message from Meeh

Code:

sD8QaKYCzKb3f23tZbwD
=SXqv

Awesome,my friend.
thecoinmasterexpert

Activity: 7

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 09:56:46 PM

Message from Meeh

----

As a long time supporter of anc I will give an opinion.

Meeh has limited experience but he is basically trusted.

Lunokhd claims certain experience but I do not trust him on this project. Gnosis the same. Cryptoslave I don't know.

The coin was doing fine until these people came by to 'improve' it.

My advice send gnosis and lunokhd back to their day jobs.

Meeh's biggest problem, that has crippled this coin, is that he does not tell meddlers to fuck off. I don't know the interest that gnosis and lunokhd have in anc, aside from profit, maybe they cough up a good bullshit storm about the importance of privacy, but it's time for them to fuck off. They may be nice people but they are slowly killing anc.

Back in the driver's seat Meeh and tell the next potential carjackers to fuck off when they tell you how much they can 'help'.

lunokhod2

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 10:22:30 PM
Last edit: November 09, 2014, 10:44:02 PM by lunokhod2

Anoncoin open bounties: SEED NODES

Anoncoin is looking for volunteers to help with seed nodes (clearnet, DNS, and i2p)

The normal clearnet seed nodes will be hardcoded into the software, and will be used by the client to reach the anoncoin network, especially in the case of a DNS failure. Given that these IP addresses (which must be static) will be hardcoded, the volunteer will need to run the Anoncoin client 24/7 for a long period of time.

Bounty: 5 ANC per IPv4 address (40-50 wanted)

We are also looking for volunteers to add their I2P public destination&b32-address to the source code as I2P seed nodes. These addresses must be static since they will be hard-coded in the software.

Bounty: 5 ANC per public destination&b32-address on I2P (5-10 wanted)

Finally, we are also looking for DNS seed nodes, which are a bit more complicated to run (see How to run a DNS seeder). For this, you must have an IP number that can be used for Anoncoin on port 53/UDP, and a domain name.

Bounty: 150 ANC per DNS Seed (2-3 wanted).

For more information, see the Anoncoin wiki. For additional questions, please contact myself, or better yet, K1773R. As always, the easiest way to get info is on the #anoncoin IRC channel.

Please send seednode info to myself by PM or by mail at lunokhod@i2pmail.org. The bounties will be paid out one month later to ensure that the seednodes are stable.
CarlosFromAcuapulco

Activity: 15

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 12:26:40 AM

As a long time supporter of anc I will give an opinion.

Meeh has limited experience but he is basically trusted.

Lunokhd claims certain experience but I do not trust him on this project. Gnosis the same. Cryptoslave I don't know.

The coin was doing fine until these people came by to 'improve' it.

My advice send gnosis and lunokhd back to their day jobs.

Meeh's biggest problem, that has crippled this coin, is that he does not tell meddlers to fuck off. I don't know the interest that gnosis and lunokhd have in anc, aside from profit, maybe they cough up a good bullshit storm about the importance of privacy, but it's time for them to fuck off. They may be nice people but they are slowly killing anc.

Back in the driver's seat Meeh and tell the next potential carjackers to fuck off when they tell you how much they can 'help'.

I couldn't say better.
Who is Cryptoslave? Another troll account to scam new people? How we can trust a dude who created his account some days ago?
Even lunokohd, who is him? Like Gnosis BTT account, looks like they created their account just for this anoncoin thread.
K1773R
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008

/dev/null

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 02:21:00 AM

Anoncoin is looking for volunteers to help with seed nodes (clearnet, DNS, and i2p)

The normal clearnet seed nodes will be hardcoded into the software, and will be used by the client to reach the anoncoin network, especially in the case of a DNS failure. Given that these IP addresses (which must be static) will be hardcoded, the volunteer will need to run the Anoncoin client 24/7 for a long period of time.

We are also looking for volunteers to add their I2P public destination&b32-address to the source code as I2P seed nodes. These addresses must be static since they will be hard-coded in the software.

Finally, we are also looking for DNS seed nodes, which are a bit more complicated to run (see How to run a DNS seeder). For this, you must have an IP number that can be used for Anoncoin on port 53/UDP, and a domain name.

For more information, see the Anoncoin wiki. For additional questions, please contact myself, or better yet, K1773R. As always, the easiest way to get info is on the #anoncoin IRC channel.

Please send seednode info to myself by PM or by mail at lunokhod@i2pmail.org. The bounties will be paid out one month later to ensure that the seednodes are stable.

wrt clearnet seednodes, il get in touch to you about it. it is obsolete now.

[GPG Public Key]
BTC/DVC/TRC/FRC: 1K1773RbXRZVRQSSXe9N6N2MUFERvrdu6y ANC/XPM AK1773RTmRKtvbKBCrUu95UQg5iegrqyeA NMC: NK1773Rzv8b4ugmCgX789PbjewA9fL9Dy1 LTC: LKi773RBuPepQH8E6Zb1ponoCvgbU7hHmd EMC: EK1773RxUes1HX1YAGMZ1xVYBBRUCqfDoF BQC: bK1773R1APJz4yTgRkmdKQhjhiMyQpJgfN
CarlosFromAcuapulco

Activity: 15

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 02:44:21 AM

wrt clearnet seednodes, il get in touch to you about it. it is obsolete now.

It's impressive how the new PR dude lunokhod2 is very well informed.
First news from him, first mistake. I can't imagine when this dude will give deadlines to the community.
Meeh, if you read this message, shoot these guys out and takes back the control of your coin.
Pages: « 1 ... 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 [201] 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 ... 265 »
  Print  

Jump to: