Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:58:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 [155] 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 ... 265 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Anoncoin chat thread (including history)  (Read 530463 times)
BroTroxer

Activity: 290
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 08:14:02 AM

Simple ANC price view for mobile in BTC, USD, NOK. http://www.digital1.no/crypto.php

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 11:31:26 AM

Now that the lightweight wallet Electrum has been ported to Litecoin.  I feel strongly that we should start a crowdfunding campaign for a bounty for porting Electrum to Anoncoin.  And the building of an Electrum plugin for Zerocoin.
You would have to find a person who does this. I dont see Electrum as healthy for the network. Im not talking about the trust/security issue.

There's now a lot more sole mobile and lightweight devices users then there is people who have access to their own PC.  Plus sooner rather than later Electrum will be officially in the Android Play store.   

K1773R
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008

/dev/null

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 11:42:24 AM

Now that the lightweight wallet Electrum has been ported to Litecoin.  I feel strongly that we should start a crowdfunding campaign for a bounty for porting Electrum to Anoncoin.  And the building of an Electrum plugin for Zerocoin.
You would have to find a person who does this. I dont see Electrum as healthy for the network. Im not talking about the trust/security issue.

There's now a lot more sole mobile and lightweight devices users then there is people who have access to their own PC.  Plus sooner rather than later Electrum will be officially in the Android Play store.  
Dosnt matter, its a security/trust issue which i/we (depends what the others think about it) dosnt fit in our threat-model.
Just because most ppl use it, dosnt mean we will make things more vulnerable so its accessable on these "devices".

PS: no offense, i dont visit scumbook links.

[GPG Public Key]
BTC/DVC/TRC/FRC: 1K1773RbXRZVRQSSXe9N6N2MUFERvrdu6y ANC/XPM AK1773RTmRKtvbKBCrUu95UQg5iegrqyeA NMC: NK1773Rzv8b4ugmCgX789PbjewA9fL9Dy1 LTC: LKi773RBuPepQH8E6Zb1ponoCvgbU7hHmd EMC: EK1773RxUes1HX1YAGMZ1xVYBBRUCqfDoF BQC: bK1773R1APJz4yTgRkmdKQhjhiMyQpJgfN
matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 12:15:43 PM

There's now a lot more sole mobile and lightweight devices users then there is people who have access to their own PC.  Plus sooner rather than later Electrum will be officially in the Android Play store.  
Dosnt matter, its a security/trust issue which i/we (depends what the others think about it) dosnt fit in our threat-model.
Just because most ppl use it, dosnt mean we will make things more vulnerable so its accessable on these "devices".

No offense taken I'm not really a fan of closed garden social networks much either but the FBook does have a lot of content.  I2p is being developed for Android so why not potentially an Android wallet via I2p.  Instead of an Electrum build blockchain.info code could potentially be ported and exteneded for Zerocoin.  I'm a desktop PC nerd with a big HDTV for a monitor user myself, but for a large majority of people now it's either smartphones, tablets, netbooks and nettops only.  Although the amount of full PC's in use worldwide is expected to still grow by 25% over the next five years.  So it's certainly not the end of the world staying full and paper wallet only.  Or at least until I2p on Android is fully developed?

K1773R
Legendary

/dev/null

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 12:22:14 PM

No offense taken I'm not really a fan of closed garden social networks much either but the FBook does have a lot of content.  I2p is being developed for Android so why not potentially an Android wallet via I2p.  Instead of an Electrum build blockchain.info code could potentially be ported and exteneded for Zerocoin.  I'm a desktop PC nerd with a big HDTV for a monitor user myself, but for a large majority of people now it's either smartphones, tablets, netbooks and nettops only.  Although the amount of full PC's in use worldwide is expected to still grow by 25% over the next five years.  So it's certainly not the end of the world staying full and paper wallet only.  Or at least until I2p on Android is fully developed?
I have no idea what the current state of I2P @ Android is, you would have to ask str4d@mail.i2p about it (clearnet address is str4d@i2pmail.org).

If I2P works @ Android then we would need a decentralized way of supplying the wallet, so no centralized things like electrum/blockchain.info or similiar. We would have to patch bitcoinj (as this is used normaly) with ANC and ZC support which seems infeasible. We could however deploy anoncoind for the devices and create a GUI around it. This we development dosnt have to happen twice and if new features come into ANC, the android wallet will also have it.
Im against targeted software (software which only runs on platform or device X), as its a waste of time/ressources.

PS: it is possible to flash most android phone with a real linux system Wink tough normal users wont do that.

[GPG Public Key]
BTC/DVC/TRC/FRC: 1K1773RbXRZVRQSSXe9N6N2MUFERvrdu6y ANC/XPM AK1773RTmRKtvbKBCrUu95UQg5iegrqyeA NMC: NK1773Rzv8b4ugmCgX789PbjewA9fL9Dy1 LTC: LKi773RBuPepQH8E6Zb1ponoCvgbU7hHmd EMC: EK1773RxUes1HX1YAGMZ1xVYBBRUCqfDoF BQC: bK1773R1APJz4yTgRkmdKQhjhiMyQpJgfN
meeh (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

:)

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 01:44:47 PM

Last time I tried to upload a pix on the anoncoin wiki it complained about folder permission...

Full infographic: (https://cdn.anonfiles.com/1412242631687.jpg)
[posted in https://www.reddit.com/r/privacy/ and in /r/cryptocurrency too (already burried  Grin )]

I'll check, and make sure you can upload them. But send me your address to meeh at sigterm, and I will pay you for those images, they where awesome! Smiley

Gnosis-

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 07:05:18 PM

No offense taken I'm not really a fan of closed garden social networks much either but the FBook does have a lot of content.  I2p is being developed for Android so why not potentially an Android wallet via I2p.  Instead of an Electrum build blockchain.info code could potentially be ported and exteneded for Zerocoin.  I'm a desktop PC nerd with a big HDTV for a monitor user myself, but for a large majority of people now it's either smartphones, tablets, netbooks and nettops only.  Although the amount of full PC's in use worldwide is expected to still grow by 25% over the next five years.  So it's certainly not the end of the world staying full and paper wallet only.  Or at least until I2p on Android is fully developed?
I have no idea what the current state of I2P @ Android is, you would have to ask str4d@mail.i2p about it (clearnet address is str4d@i2pmail.org).

If I2P works @ Android then we would need a decentralized way of supplying the wallet, so no centralized things like electrum/blockchain.info or similiar. We would have to patch bitcoinj (as this is used normaly) with ANC and ZC support which seems infeasible. We could however deploy anoncoind for the devices and create a GUI around it. This we development dosnt have to happen twice and if new features come into ANC, the android wallet will also have it.
Im against targeted software (software which only runs on platform or device X), as its a waste of time/ressources.

PS: it is possible to flash most android phone with a real linux system Wink tough normal users wont do that.

What about an Android client that is not a full Anoncoin node, but instead talks (over I2P) to a server that the user sets up on their own PC, or syncs up with it over LAN when the user is at home? This would still be fully decentralized, since it's one of the user's devices trusting another device owned by that same user, rather than trusting a server run by somebody else.

I'm a bit skeptical that the current generation of smartphones can verify blocks containing a lot of Zerocoin mints and spends, and store the required amount of ZC spend proofs. It might require more cores, more flash, better battery technology, etc.

EDIT: And w.r.t. matthewh3's statistic about the number of smartphone users, we should not consider the general Internet population, but instead the privacy-conscious Internet population as our customers, and much more of them would be reluctant to use smartphones for purposes that require good anonymity (for life-or-death situations, etc.) It's become more or less common knowledge among such types that smartphones are a highly opaque hardware and software stack compared to PCs, and much less certain that there are no backdoors... therefore, we would expect the privacy-conscious demographic to be skewed toward more PCs and fewer smartphones.

ANC:AU4hFCFZLhB2gTyG4VbaEurXGrTMNW2nu6 | BTC: 14QnfqVG3CqLGBYHgD8tPYJVLxQ2AfvPEx | GPG: E6D0 96DE 5B3E 16C7 C57F  DC3B 654D BB7A D847 993A
drAGon925

Activity: 527

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 07:56:56 PM
Last edit: October 03, 2014, 08:28:02 PM by drAGon925

All devs at the same page, this ever happened??   Wink

zANC  up  BTC down

Grin Grin

@gnosis,   everything go as planned?

@meeh,   any sleep these days?

@K1,   24/7h security guy, keep working   Smiley

I almost forgot,  good to see you Brotroxer!

Regards to all ANC supporters, and have a nice weekend!

SmokingSkull

Activity: 298

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 09:13:11 PM

Ugh Sad I barely have time to follow updated being made here.

hope all is fine! And think of advertising ... I once did the suggestion to go to https://www.fiverr.com/categories/online-marketing/#layout=auto&page=1
and check out some of these people to get Anoncoin to some PR, maybe even outside the darkweb.

Most Coins are Shitcoins
lunokhod2

Activity: 249

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 09:37:45 PM

Graphics are now working on the wiki (thanks Meeh!). Feel free to upload anything you want. Here is an example

Anoncoin press materials
K1773R
Legendary

/dev/null

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 11:49:13 PM

What about an Android client that is not a full Anoncoin node, but instead talks (over I2P) to a server that the user sets up on their own PC, or syncs up with it over LAN when the user is at home? This would still be fully decentralized, since it's one of the user's devices trusting another device owned by that same user, rather than trusting a server run by somebody else.

I'm a bit skeptical that the current generation of smartphones can verify blocks containing a lot of Zerocoin mints and spends, and store the required amount of ZC spend proofs. It might require more cores, more flash, better battery technology, etc.

EDIT: And w.r.t. matthewh3's statistic about the number of smartphone users, we should not consider the general Internet population, but instead the privacy-conscious Internet population as our customers, and much more of them would be reluctant to use smartphones for purposes that require good anonymity (for life-or-death situations, etc.) It's become more or less common knowledge among such types that smartphones are a highly opaque hardware and software stack compared to PCs, and much less certain that there are no backdoors... therefore, we would expect the privacy-conscious demographic to be skewed toward more PCs and fewer smartphones.
If its implemented like i said, then ti dosnt matter where the full node resides. all you need is a connection to the RPC. This also would solve the issue with too few ressources wrt CPU/RAM.
I also agree on the look wrt devices, ppl who want ANC+ZC in the future are certainly not the most stupid folks.

[GPG Public Key]
entertheabyss

Activity: 602

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 12:04:53 AM

hashrate and price are slowly creeping up Smiley

Q. What will you do with your anoncoin profits once ZC is implemented?

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
niteglider

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Lean into the curves.

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 02:28:37 AM

What?  Seriously?  Link, pretty please?

niteglider

Lean into the curves.

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 02:32:42 AM

hashrate and price are slowly creeping up Smiley

Q. What will you do with your anoncoin profits once ZC is implemented?

Silly geek, ANCs are for privacy, not profit!

Ummm, but maybe I'd buy a private island privately?

Seriously... if it every really blows up, and I can use half of my ANCs to pay off my student loans, I'll do that.

meeh (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2014, 04:15:57 AM

@meeh,   any sleep these days?

Yes actually Grin So I'll get back soon, just need to be awaken enough :p

I've also almost made ready a critical hardfork patch in case we'll get more attacks. Just a bit more sleep and it's done Smiley

meeh (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2014, 04:19:08 AM

It differs from phone to phone. See http://forum.xda-developers.com/index.php
Hopfully it would give you an start.

Anyway if you got root, why not download one of those Linux installers? It works like an image file you boot up, and can communicate with it over a VNC client. It was how I did it with my Nexus some months ago, but hopefully it's better solutions out there now Smiley Take a search Wink

niteglider

Lean into the curves.

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 07:30:43 AM

It differs from phone to phone. See http://forum.xda-developers.com/index.php
Hopfully it would give you an start.

Anyway if you got root, why not download one of those Linux installers? It works like an image file you boot up, and can communicate with it over a VNC client. It was how I did it with my Nexus some months ago, but hopefully it's better solutions out there now Smiley Take a search Wink

Thank you.  I had no idea. [big smiley face!]

semidead

Activity: 94

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 07:30:28 AM

This seems neat. Thanks for contributing.  Smiley

gunzeon

Activity: 73

There's a new king in the streets

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 08:20:30 AM

Hi Tor Anoncoin buffs,

I have rebuilt and renamed my server thus so please feel free to stick it in your anoncoin.conf, ie:
addnode=45y2lyszn5qnpt3l.onion
have changed this to:
addnode=anoncoinmpkoerba.onion

It seems to me there's no .onion name resolution or peer exchange, and so we need to exchange tor addresses, but if there is another way can someone please explain it to me ?

thanks
 Smiley

BTC: 1gunzeo8X7iYznsnmgveUQDuRj6vhzyK6 ~~~
anonymousxx1503

Activity: 532

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 07:12:59 PM

Is a wallet/logo redesign in the works somewhere (timed with the ZC release?)? The low res splash screen on the ANC wallet hurts my eyes. Looks unprofessional.

I'd like to thank eduffield and the other developers for this critically important evolution in virtual currency. DarkCoin is what bitcoin should have been. Some might call it "Bitcoin 2.0" but would do better by saying: "DarkCoin is digital cash." - Child Harold - February 28, 2014
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5424980#msg5424980
Pages: « 1 ... 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 [155] 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 ... 265 »
  Print  

Jump to: