Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 11:06:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 [201] 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 ... 316 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ixcoin TODO  (Read 631709 times)
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2014, 06:27:45 PM

Reversible transactions = Chargebacks.

Yes, exactly what we have now with paper fiat and credit cards.  I said from day one, when it was all said and done there would be no cheaper transactions with Bitcoin et al, no savings no added benefits like anonymity or decentralization but that there would be way less privacy, more centralization and way more power in the hands of banks, corporations and governments.

But we can't fight "progress" - nobody can stop Bitcoin so let's at least make it in favor of the consumer.  This will greatly help minimize hacking, theft and fraud.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2014, 07:07:58 PM

These are all good ideas but in the end the way chargebacks are gonna be done is through a centralized authority with access to the blockchain.  Much like a bank does it now.

I know people are still dreaming about the decentralized lie they've been told by Roger Ver, Andreas, etc., but that simply won't happen and one can already see that Bitcoin has already been nearly completely centralized.

That said, chargebacks can be easily done via rhe blockchain although it could take some time to set up a simple streamlined system.

Until then other techniques can be used, like the ones suggested by deadsea33.

bigtimespaghetti
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

bigtimespaghetti.com

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2014, 07:46:48 PM

I know people are still dreaming about the decentralized lie they've been told by Roger Ver, Andreas, etc., but that simply won't happen and one can already see that Bitcoin has already been nearly completely centralized.

Glad to see other people with a similar take on things. Bitcoin is all but completely centralized. Besides it would have been anyway if Big Banks got in on the act.

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
       ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
    █▓░   ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
Physical Coin Making Guide Book and eBook- Make your own physical crypto coins and wallets!
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
    ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
  █▓░     ░░▒▓█
█▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
        ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     █▓░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
From Above

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 08:39:00 PM

I luv this thread so much Kiss.  It feels like a few old man and woman celebrating their brain delusions Cheesy Kiss

Dont stop Doing this even if its just for me ! Love Ya.

~CfA~

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2014, 10:31:01 PM

What are you gonna do from November? If you will feel lonely you could open a new thread: Come from Above TODO.  Lol

If he encrypts some hidden meanings I'll surely find them and then it will be our new hangout.  haha!

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2014, 10:58:17 PM

Someone woke up hungry today on Cex?

Date: 2014.9.10 6:30 - 2014.9.10 6:45
Open: 0.00004339
High: 0.00016100
Low: 0.00004339
Close: 0.00007975
Volume: 126292.08964575999

I don't get it. Immediately after the buying of 126K for a price up to 160, a seller has placed a similar amount on sale for 75, then 70, then 65, now at 60

0.00006000   124537.64440428   7.47225867

Shouldn't arbitrageurs have caused these prices to flow over to Vircurex? At a glance it looks like one could make a profit buying IXCoins on Vircurex and selling them on the abovementinoed Cex place?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
zebedee
Donator

Activity: 668
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 12:26:54 AM

Love this thread. For entertainment, windbaggery and sheer delusionality it's first rate.

I have to adjust my call of death on 15th October. It now looks more like 13th October. Just 32 days to death! Prepare the champagne.

At least I didn't call August like the top posting overbought windbag did.
cinnamon_carter
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2014, 01:05:21 AM

Once you allow code to 'reverse' transactions how will the project remain open source ?

Who decides who does the 'reversing' and when, why, how often ?

I think if someone wants this it should be a feature built on top of or outside of the blockchain , not into it.

Once someone had the power to 'reverse' any iX transaction another party may compromise thier 'power' , then what ??

The answer to what i think some of you want to do is for someone to 'startup' a business of cryptcocurrency payment systems that offers
'reversable' transactions to merchants and takes out insurance or otherwise 'backs' themself financially to absorb any risk associated with what they offer their clients. 

This is a dangerous road to even think about walking down if you start to think about what is involved in coding the client.

A coin with the highest difficulty in the world would not hold my trust if i thought anyone 'out there' could just 'negate' my wallet or transactions.
I would stick to cash or junk silver.

I would also be very strongly against anyone trying to 'ban' or otherwise 'blacklist' any of the premined coins or coins mined in secret to unredeemed outputs.  Someone made the claim these keys are destroyed.  This claim is impossible to prove since the coins are still in the blockchain waiting to be claimed on output. If it is true they will never be redeemed. Still they did belong to someone at some point in time. Whoever that person is has every right to their coins if they ever decide to claim them and if they can. NO ONE has the right or should consider 'blacklisting' those coins.

If you ever get off the path , re read Satoshi 's whitepaper.  It even predicted that the price of electricity would eventually start to be effected by bitcoin mining.....which is probably not too far from being true. Rereading this may 'refresh' some basic concepts are to what I consider 'true' core proponents of cryptocurrency.

Honestly , ask yourself.... when was the last time you re read it fully all the way through. 

My guess is a majority of the members of this forum have only actaully glanced at it or skimmed through it if they ever even read it at all.

Check out my coin Photon
Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/

The obvious choice is not always the best choice.

LOOK DEEPER - Look into the Blake 256 Family -- CC
publicjud
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 01:46:26 AM

Once you allow code to 'reverse' transactions how will the project remain open source ?

Who decides who does the 'reversing' and when, why, how often ?

I think if someone wants this it should be a feature built on top of or outside of the blockchain , not into it.

Once someone had the power to 'reverse' any iX transaction another party may compromise thier 'power' , then what ??

The answer to what i think some of you want to do is for someone to 'startup' a business of cryptcocurrency payment systems that offers
'reversable' transactions to merchants and takes out insurance or otherwise 'backs' themself financially to absorb any risk associated with what they offer their clients. 

This is a dangerous road to even think about walking down if you start to think about what is involved in coding the client.

A coin with the highest difficulty in the world would not hold my trust if i thought anyone 'out there' could just 'negate' my wallet or transactions.
I would stick to cash or junk silver.

I would also be very strongly against anyone trying to 'ban' or otherwise 'blacklist' any of the premined coins or coins mined in secret to unredeemed outputs.  Someone made the claim these keys are destroyed.  This claim is impossible to prove since the coins are still in the blockchain waiting to be claimed on output. If it is true they will never be redeemed. Still they did belong to someone at some point in time. Whoever that person is has every right to their coins if they ever decide to claim them and if they can. NO ONE has the right or should consider 'blacklisting' those coins.

If you ever get off the path , re read Satoshi 's whitepaper.  It even predicted that the price of electricity would eventually start to be effected by bitcoin mining.....which is probably not too far from being true. Rereading this may 'refresh' some basic concepts are to what I consider 'true' core proponents of cryptocurrency.

Honestly , ask yourself.... when was the last time you re read it fully all the way through. 

My guess is a majority of the members of this forum have only actaully glanced at it or skimmed through it if they ever even read it at all.

Thank you!  You said my thoughts.

Join Twetch twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2014, 03:37:33 AM

This would be ideal.

But to be honest - I think what's really gonna happen [eventually] is actual control of the blockchain by a centralized power.  But that won't happen until the final phase, as to not scare everyone away.

As for now, I don't think we have the resources to offer the option cinnamon is referring to so I'm not sure what we can offer SuperNet to satisfy their desire for reversible transactions.  Cause the only thing I can think if involves some level of blockchain manipulation which would not go over very well at this point with 99% of the people involved with crypto.  But I do think consumers need some kind of insurance which a reversible option would provide.  If we can come up with a simple solution it would be a very big deal.

GroundRod

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 05:38:18 AM

Despite what some of you may think about the opinions expressed in my last post, I'm not interested in changing Ixcoin to nullify past blocks, especially those from which development funds are coming from.  Was just pointing out, programming can take many directions, most of them are the wrong way to go....community consensus is really important here, and I appreciate the engaged response and discussion it generated, everyone that cared to speak up, I hope got a chance to do so.  If circumstances change, its not a topic to late to discuss, but I think all of us agree it would be a bad idea.  My preference though would be to change the logo, perhaps down the road...

@cinnamon_carter - Indeed, really well said!!!   Shocked post.

The Satoshi Nakamoto white paper can be seen here: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Bitcoin_white_paper
...and yes, skimmed all 9 pages, once along time ago, think it was late '11 or 2012.  Then last Dec '13. read and re-read it a over the coarse of several days.  That was more than 8 months ago now, and I agree with you, it is something everyone involved in the financial revolution that is these crypto-coin-thingies should take it to heart, and try to understand it, to the best of his/her ability.  It defines a new way, compared to how most of us where raised, to think about: Money.

Yes I'll try to spend sometime 'talking with' the ixcoind executable you built, been getting prepared to compile my own executables from source, been learning how to fork and fetch copies of Almed's masters to work on locally, have everything downloaded which should be needed to build Bitcoin 0.9.2.1, so hopefully I'm close, been trying to get Ubuntu & VirtualBox setup the way I want, learning to use GitHub, no small task in itself!  The history and the way it got organized is also an interesting story, for those that care...what an invention!

Come to think of it, testing your ixcoind.exe might just get exercised in the project I've taken on for myself, building a Ixcoin Bootstrap.dat file, starting with the source code here:
IXCoin\contrib\linearize

Trying to help get it ready for release, before the end of mining party hits, it doesn't matter in the process of building the executables.  Something we all want to have, with the executables though IMO:  That code Almed is using ,came from Bitcoin (indirectly through a DVC fork), and I'm pretty sure linearize.py is still for Bitcoin, we need it to work for Ixcoin, so I'm writing the config file and changing the code, so that it works for our coin, runs in python to build the linearized version of a blockchain, finally apply that output (bootstrap.dat) to the executable when there is no blockchain files, confirm it initialized properly.  All those hungry new Ixcoin holders will be needing a clean/new blockchain & (I hope) find bootstrap.dat very useful in bringing over 3 years of transaction history up-to-date.

I'm building some bootstrap.dat files for testing on my machine this week, not sure if space anywhere to upload, once I'm done with the code changes, plan is to release it officially via a torrent, it's going to be somewhere in the 300MB range compressed.  How about ixcoin.org, do we have any server space there?  Somewhere I can ftp'it.  Can send it out as a torrent, but I can't keep a machine on to seed it all the time here.  Other suggestions?

So just chugging along...plan is to generate what is for me, the 'first' Git Pull request to Almed, so as to notify him to bring those changes into his source base, at least if I'm understanding how to say that right, learning how to do all this is the 'big deal' to me, still trying to figure allot of stuff out.  Anyway hope to play at least a very tiny roll here as part of a developer team, having you on board w/time Cinnamon_Carter is a really big deal, and although Almed has been doing the heavy lifting, I'm looking forward to being able to help out more in the future too.

@Vlad2Vlad - Ya it might get down to a few large centralized power(s), but I don't see Bitcoin going to one.  As you know, where I've seen a possible weakness is in the transaction Tx and Relay fees coded into our Ixcoin executable, asked Almed about it, doesn't seem to bother him, at least for right now.  So I'm not going to be doing anything there, unless we can agree on 'what needs' to be done.

One could work on that part of the code, perhaps change it to be more friendly to users that might be trying to send Ixcoin with zero or too low of a transaction fee, when known miners no longer accept 0.0 fees, it becomes a BIG problem.  It means that a coin send for you could be lost for a very long time.  As we're soon no longer mining coins, a code change to Ixcoin could become a plus-plus....to those of us using the network, and 'perhaps' a bargaining chip you can use when telling others what we intend on offering, enforcement of transaction fees is important to a coin that no longer mines them and we're going to be doing that, because we have to.  We'll see than your funds get delivered quickly and easily to the recipient.  This is not to say it's a reversible charge in the traditional sense, but it could be thought of as a 'Save an innocent' user from accidentally (or intentional-think cheap) sending coins that can never get delivered.  If you ever have to 'reverse a charge' from within your wallet software, so as to 'try it again' with a higher fee, I'm pretty sure most people won't have a clue.  Instead, they'll consider the coins lost, because of the dam coin's network.  That is what I'm trying to avoid & a Reminder:  No coding work is being offered here to be included in the up-and-coming release, nothing regarding Tx/Relay fees will be different, I'm pretty sure it will be identical to the Bitcoin 0.9.2.1 code base in this regard.  But the code 'could' get changed, if we want it to be and we keep it simple enough.

@Deadsea33 - Its interesting info, and along the lines of what I also think are some good ideas, I'm not expert enough to comment, other than to suspect that faster block times would mean accepting a reduction in the hash (security) that is allowed for a merged block to be included in the ixcoin blockchain.  'IF' that thinking is correct, one could argue that the hash rate has gotten so high 'now', that we could live with allot less (as proof of work), if it meant that in so doing, our ability to speed up transaction transversal time gets reduced.  Say by a factor of 4x or in the 2-3 minute range.  Kinda thinking it sounds like a really good idea, yet my guess is there is some details I don't understand well enough, so kinda talking to myself out loud here...

L8r All,

GR
GroundRod

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 06:23:54 AM

Question: what about a plan to use empty blocks to increase the amount of data through the decentralized network up to 1000 bytes like in the case of NXT?

This is what I don't get, why would any miner build an empty block, when there are no coins to mine and no transaction fees to collect?  There is no reward.

The answer I think is pretty simple really, it's in the best interest of the miner to do so, not only for the good of *ALL*, but they secure their place down the road to make a buck, when some transactions do come along. 

We just want to make sure that the miner has solved that block with the highest possible hash rate, so we include that empty block into the ixcoin blockchain as proof of work with the best possible security level.  If nobody is using it, why worry about 2 min block times, true confirmations will be slower, but I think the added security is worth more than that.

If my thinking expressed in the last post is correct, then I would be inclined to not have a block built, until the hash rate was exceedingly high, very near to what bitcoin is, the twin coin we're merge mining against.  Only then would a block be created, if still an empty one then so be it, or possibly use those for some data, like your suggesting it makes perfect sense, just more work to keep the software current to the latest bitcoin release level.

Reduction to 1-2 minutes per block with a increase of the number of confirmations at the same time, increase of the possible amount of data, even a partial (o total) rebranding/relaunch (see what is happening with fair-coin: they changed from FAC to FAIR and will have a relaunch within days)
More speculation here....
So when the ixcoin network gets busy with a fair number of transactions flying around, I would be in favor of reducing the acceptable hash rate (as proof of work) to a smaller value so that our network can run faster, those times when its not busy, let the hash rate climb up to where its close to bitcoin, personally I don't have a clear picture in my mind of how the merged-mining code works and what would be involved fiddling around with these balanced parameters, someday I hope to understand it well enough to do more than speculate.

I think a coin should not aim to have just one nice feature, but, as far as possible, all the ones users are asking for. We can build them inside the blockchain or on top of it. The important thing: the user must feel comfortable and secure in using the coin.

Yap totally agree.
bitbets

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 12:48:45 PM
Last edit: September 11, 2014, 01:14:00 PM by bitbets

i highly doubt 'satoshi' whoever they (since I think a team responsible for the original source code) or he /she is would get doxed like this, no chance

just some lame scammers trying to hustle btc and make a splash, the blockchain runs on faster every day

Theory is that Satoshi is dead.

Hal Finney released bitcoin using Satoshi Nakamoto's name.

An attempt to obfuscate that he, hal finney created bitcoin,
and he even sent the first transaction to himself, making it look as though 'satoshi' sent it to him. Smiley

Theory: Hal Finney Created Bitcoin
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=769004

'Satoshi's' email address compromised/hacked shortly after Hal Finney died. Timing is suspicious
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=775174

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,         
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖       
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌     
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,   
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`   
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████     
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜       
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀         
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin |  Trustless Anonymous Cryptocurrency |  PoSA3
Forum | Bitcointalk |  Twitter |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 01:18:33 PM

i highly doubt 'satoshi' whoever they (since I think a team responsible for the original source code) or he /she is would get doxed like this, no chance

just some lame scammers trying to hustle btc and make a splash, the blockchain runs on faster every day

Theory is that Satoshi is dead.

Hal Finney released bitcoin using Satoshi Nakamoto's name.

An attempt to obfuscate that he, hal finney created bitcoin,
and he even sent the first transaction to himself, making it look as though 'satoshi' sent it to him. Smiley

Theory: Hal Finney Created Bitcoin
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=769004

'Satoshi's' email address compromised/hacked shortly after Hal Finney died. Timing is suspicious
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=775174

If Hal Finney is indeed Satoshi, then how is it that the hacker who hacked Satoshis gmx email account able to negotiate with Satoshi?

Hal Finney is a highly likely suspect though and it is possible that this gmx hack is a complete ruse.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 11:18:42 AM

In this article http://cointelegraph.com/news/112327/litecoin-is-dying-fact-or-fud

Joakim Herlin (CMO, Goobit/BTCX) says:

"I think that the pro’s of Litecoin over Bitcoin is not big enough to make it a serious contender and give Litecoin serious longevity.....
Altcoins as a phenomenon though, I think, definitely has a future but an altcoin needs to offer something special...distinguishing itself in some way, technically or otherwise."

End of mining, similarity to Bitcoin, strong hash-power, more equal distribution, affordable price, these are not special features in itself.

iXcoin needs to distinguish itself in some way, with something "special" and useful. And this is not necessarily to be technical.

Yes, it can be done with the counterparty proposal that I have put forward.   However, it cannot be implemented unless the 0.9.2 version of the software gets installed with the miners.

That is single most important goal right now,   installation of 0.9.2 with GHash.IO.   

There is of course still the issue of the zero block reward that I am hoping that GHash.IO addresses.   I recommend a 1% inflation rate, that is 1 IXC block reward.   

At this time, it is all *very* high risk.   If GHash.IO doesn't act in favor of IXC, then IXC is dead.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
GroundRod

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 06:52:33 PM

the 0.9.2.1 update must have ahmed's MM code actually running with an ixcoin testnet & pool, binary outputs generated, etc., etc.

The starting point I think was a good one, we had both agreed back sometime ago in this thread....The DVC work was the most promising fork to start the Ixcoin hurdle of running as 9.2.1.

IXCoin's functionality as code base 0.9.2.1 is really close to being releasable, IMO...

Some research....How/what was a Brainwallet ?

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Brainwallet
http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1ptuf3/brain_wallet_disaster/
https://twitter.com/brainwallet
http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/tagged/brain-wallet
GroundRod

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 03:27:35 AM

Turns out I'm now also building Ixcoin 0.9.2.1 from Ahmed's source, got there yesterday morning (ya!  Grin Grin ) and been playing around with some changes to get the user interface right for the release:

You don't get the funnel cloud captured last spring in Wyoming, thought it kinda looked cool, as seen on my desktop...with the Ixcoin Core wallet initializing the blockchain.  There is a storm brewing though, and that storm is IXCOIN!

Opps got caught up in the excitement there for a second, back into the dirt.....

...also got the client UnitsOfMeasure source changed, it now correctly displays uIXC,mIXC & IXC coins everywhere...  Could put up a link to this win32 executable, if anyone is interesting in playing around with it, first though, would like to get a few more changes done to the icon/image resources and have it so the bootstrap.dat file can be imported, for when I've finally got those files being generated correctly as output...

@cinnamon_carter - Haven't gotten back to testing your ixcoind.exe yet, plan is still to do so....  Think the linearize.py file I'm working on will be its first test, beyond that looks like there are a number of code fragments around that more fully exercise the executable(s), will work on rebuilding some of those (more complete tests) in ixcoin's image over the months ahead.
  Lost in study tonight as to the mystery behind how the bootstrap.dat works and what crazy magic number is needed to write the linearized file, and then read it back in correctly.  As you know, this must be done *only* if its a blockchain (bootstrap.dat) file for the correct coin, our IXC...

GR
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2014, 04:17:26 AM

Guys, sorry, I've been really busy working at a new job and so I've had such little time to be on the internets.

Thomas has given me the login credentials for the IXC website and he changed his conditions to be more inclusive, so here is his statement:

"I've thought about it and you can change the layout and logo if you want, as long as it looks professional/simple/clean. I'd also like the FAQ to stay in some form, even as a subpage."

So there it is - now we need to take a quick vote on which logo you guys prefer.  I like the new logos we made, maybe the red and black one?  Please give your input as this will be ixCoin's main image for all new investors so this is a MAJOR decision.

Also, the layout - I'm not very artistic and I'm no web designer, what do you guys recommend?  I really like Luke's layout [of the iXcoin.eu site] and look and everything else about that site but I don't think we can make such drastic changes, and remain within the required specs, at this point.

So let's get some suggestions and feedback so we can get the dot org page updated as soon as possible.

If anyone can help with this let me know - I can do some of it but I'm so busy now, working long [hard labor] hours that it's gonna be a challenge [and not to mention I really suck at web design].  Lol

Thanks guys!

GroundRod

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 04:31:35 AM

@Vlad - Won't be able to help on the website, but will hold off finishing this port using the 0.8.6 icon & logo images, in the 0.9.2.1 client then.  Until you let me know specifically what final one you've selected, I've got to have it look good as a 16x16 pixel icon as well as ~256x256.png file for use there.  Message me or post here or the logo thread....
GroundRod

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 08:48:56 PM
Last edit: September 16, 2014, 12:12:49 AM by GroundRod

@cinnamon_carter - Ran with your ixcoind.exe most of Saturday, it was finally talking ok to my Python 3 upgrade to the bitcoin linearize.py contributions.  Dam P2-P3 coding diffs & all, but its done and now works.  By Sunday I had it and everything I had build crashing because of blockchain errors while attempting to build the bootstrap.dat from highspeed getblockhash/getblock RPC requests, pair for each block on the Ixcoin chain, so as I could build the bootstrapping file from Python 3.

Finally last night started from scratch, initialize blank new everything files and downloaded the ixcoin blockchain w/9.2.1.  Here is what I'm now seeing from running the 'verifychain' at the different check levels, notice all are done starting from block zero:

What is happening here is Checklevels 3 & 4 are not passing, but 1 & 2 do???  This is as far as I've gotten and would like anyone able to comment on possible places to figure out why our Ixcoin blockchain is not passing checks from being freshly downloaded?

I'll be digging into it l8r, got to run and would appreciate a helping hand....

GR

P.S: Love the new command set, its better than anything else I've seen so far, even bitcoins.

ETA: If you look @ the curl example above under the 'help verifychain' output, it still says to talk using the bitcoin port #, think I got all those text references changed to the ixc port # to include in my next build.
Pages: « 1 ... 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 [201] 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 ... 316 »
  Print  

Jump to: