Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:43:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 442 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DVC]DevCoin - Official Thread - Moderated  (Read 1058398 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
emfox

Activity: 276
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 07:18:06 AM

Yup. The receiver file has been generated, but not all file administrators have uploaded it yet. You're a file administrator, but not on the tree because we don't have a seventh file administrator yet.

Cannot quite catch that... I upload the receiver file, but just as a backup, and it's not used?

And is it means that I should change the script now to 25 at http://d.evco.in/gen_charity.sh ?

Yes.

OK and done.

Earn Devcoins by Writing
BTC: 1Emfox1WswYcd2YucUskRzqfRWKkcm1Jut DVC: 1Emfox1WswYcd2YucUskRzqfRWKkcm1Jut
IXC: xnRKo3qSDdcPJ4pgTLER3orkquUVQXeLwf

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unthinkingbit

Activity: 935
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 07:24:49 AM

Cannot quite catch that... I upload the receiver file, but just as a backup, and it's not used?

Just as a backup, it's not used.

emfox

Activity: 276
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 07:29:18 AM

Just as a backup, it's not used.

Fine.

Could I ask is an gamble site for dvc not encouraged? somebody who I forgot told me  days ago. I want to develop a gamble site for btc, and it may not be hard to modify and suitable for dvc too. If not couraged, I'd put this on hold.

Earn Devcoins by Writing
BTC: 1Emfox1WswYcd2YucUskRzqfRWKkcm1Jut DVC: 1Emfox1WswYcd2YucUskRzqfRWKkcm1Jut
IXC: xnRKo3qSDdcPJ4pgTLER3orkquUVQXeLwf
killerstorm
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 07:40:47 AM

Okay so maybe the problem is the browsers, they claim a plugin is needed to view flash, and they aren't offering any free open source flash viewing tool they just send me to macromedia or adobe or whoever and they say sorry we are not going to be supporting Linux.

Well, I'm using Debian GNU/Linux 7.0, it has Gnash installed by default and it works in browsers (both Chromium and Firefox). I didn't need to install or configure anything, it just works.

Also I can download swf file and it plays standalone, without a browser, with Gnash.

Chromia: a better dapp platform
Unthinkingbit

Activity: 935

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 08:08:43 AM

Could I ask is an gamble site for dvc not encouraged? somebody who I forgot told me  days ago. I want to develop a gamble site for btc, and it may not be hard to modify and suitable for dvc too. If not couraged, I'd put this on hold.

Kumala made a devcoin lottery site many months ago, and he abandoned it because of lack of interest. However, devcoin has a much bigger market capitalization today, so they'll be more interest. I suggest a small bounty, 6 shares then 3, are there any objections?

I forgot to add before, another useful addition to the faucet would be to pay people for links to devtome from an outside site. The faucet would check to see if there is a link to devtome, and if there is send devcoins to the devcoin address on that page. Then a random time later it would check to see if the link is still there, and if so send more devcoins. This would only be for the developer of the prime faucet, and if it is not developed after two months the bounty would be opened to anyone. I suggest 6 shares for the first part, and another 6 for waiting a random time, for a total of twelve shares, are there any objections?

Also, if after a week the writing earnings rate exceeds last month's average rate, I'll double all the bounties that were doubled the last time and any new bounties that have not been sent in part.

worldinacoin

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 12:30:38 PM

This will certainly make linking the images far easier and neater, I spend quite some time learning how to link the images.
weisoq

Activity: 720

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 12:39:21 PM

There is now an easy guide (I hope) to upload images to your own folder at Devtome - be it your name or subject specific. You can upload images from any pages edit box. You can link to them with ease.

http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=devtome_how_to_post_an_image
That's cool cheers.

Does anyone know if that means we now allow art/photographs if anyone asks me again, or considered a little too easy/copyright fuzzy/file heavy to open the doors to yet?
weisoq

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 01:09:33 PM

There is now an easy guide (I hope) to upload images to your own folder at Devtome - be it your name or subject specific. You can upload images from any pages edit box. You can link to them with ease.

That's cool cheers.

Does anyone know if that means we now allow art/photographs if anyone asks me again, or considered a little too easy/copyright fuzzy/file heavy to open the doors to yet?

I am using some of my own photos in some of my pages.

I would not use any one else's images though - photographers get very upset over that and they have web pages that search the web for copies. The wrong one will track you down and drag your name through forums forever. I haunt a few photography forums and have seen it done.

Also please resize your photos/images using http://faststone.org/FSResizerDetail.htm or your own software.

EDIT: they say a picture is worth a thousand words, but on Devtome it's only worth ten words.  Grin Shocked Grin Huh Shocked Grin

Thanks. I meant in terms as submissions of photography and artwork as 'developments' in themselves (contrary to just writing). This has been discussed but issues come up such as defining copyright, difficulty in assessing quality/difficulty in pressing a button (no offense to photographers just making a point about opening floodates to crappy photos such as mine), and then there was the challenge in uploading images, but that part you and others seem to have resolved.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 01:26:19 PM

Thanks for that! This helps with a lot of issues, lol.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
weisoq

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 01:40:59 PM

Thanks. I meant in terms as submissions of photography and artwork as 'developments' in themselves (contrary to just writing). This has been discussed but issues come up such as defining copyright, difficulty in assessing quality/difficulty in pressing a button (no offense to photographers just making a point about opening floodates to crappy photos such as mine), and then there was the challenge in uploading images, but that part you and others seem to have resolved.

I have no idea. Good point though - we don't want to become a garbage image depository. Not to mention inflated word counts by someone's facebook photos in a webpage.

I'm not sure if images can be deleted - I don't think so but will have to go back to DokuWiki and poke around some more...sigh...

EDIT: my hard drive has over 10,000 images. I could retire off of that if I posted it all. How would you like to see 2000+ shots of the Golden Gate Bridge from every landmark and point possible? I'll show you obsessive lol.
Would still beat pics of my locale but yeah that's what I was thinking, so probably best to clarify early on. Perhaps a limit per user or something like that which could 'showcase' decent art/photography by people who do it well, but I suppose it may be for a little later in the process when some sort of vetting is in place for 'photographer' rather than 'someone who owns a camera'.

Thanks for your work on this because I couldn't get images uploaded when I tried and took a while to upload elsewhere, link etc.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 01:45:10 PM

I have no idea. Good point though - we don't want to become a garbage image depository. Not to mention inflated word counts by someone's facebook photos in a webpage.

I'm not sure if images can be deleted - I don't think so but will have to go back to DokuWiki and poke around some more...sigh...

EDIT: my hard drive has over 10,000 images. I could retire off of that if I posted it all. How would you like to see 2000+ shots of the Golden Gate Bridge from every landmark and point possible? I'll show you obsessive lol.
Would still beat pics of my locale but yeah that's what I was thinking, so probably best to clarify early on. Perhaps a limit per user or something like that which could 'showcase' decent art/photography by people who do it well, but I suppose it may be for a little later in the process when some sort of vetting is in place for 'photographer' rather than 'someone who owns a camera'.

Thanks for your work on this because I couldn't get images uploaded when I tried and took a while to upload elsewhere, link etc.

Photos will always be subjective though. What I consider perfect art (and what people may pay millions for) you may think is ugly as crap. What you may be willing to pay for I may think is crap. This would cause a lot of problems...

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 01:51:25 PM

I leave it to the admins for managing images - I could have opened a can of worms I admit.

Maybe if there was a limit of how many images could be in a webpage? I have about 30 in one page but it's 30,000 words long. Another option, if limits were to be considered, would be so many images per 1000 words? I really have no idea...

This could still cause problems because people could pad their articles with images... I am really not sure how to combat this issue.

worldinacoin

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 01:54:21 PM

I normally use common wikimedia public domain images, I won't touch Getty images etc even with a pole, these are extremely costly and they are bound to seek redress if you used them.
doublec
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 01:57:26 PM

Someone said earlier HTML5 is actually not widely viewable though so maybe i have one of the few browser brands that happens to support it (Firefox)?
Firefox supports HTML video using Ogg Theora and WebM video formats. I was one of the developers that implemented the support for those formats in Firefox. Firefox also supports H.264 on some Android Devices, Windows desktop in some builds and on Firefox OS devices. Linux support for H.264 is coming soon via GStreamer.
weisoq

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 01:57:55 PM

Photos will always be subjective though. What I consider perfect art (and what people may pay millions for) you may think is ugly as crap. What you may be willing to pay for I may think is crap. This would cause a lot of problems...
I completely agree, just making and agreeing with the point about not dumping every image one owns onto devtome. But somehow also finding a way to not discriminate against those with a real interest in and skill in photography and art but not writing (if that's where it's going, which it may not yet be)
worldinacoin

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 01:58:40 PM

For me some articles require tables and graphs but normally I cite the works used as in academic papers under the terms of fair usage.  It is definitely not to earn that 10 words.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 02:05:47 PM

For me some articles require tables and graphs but normally I cite the works used as in academic papers under the terms of fair usage.  It is definitely not to earn that 10 words.

All my images are mine so I don't have to worry about any of that stuff, :p.

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2013, 07:20:26 PM

Thinking i can now watch youtube videos due to their supposed conversion for my browser or whatever, I clicked this link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmPD_YSQ--k

in a thread in harware section.

Notice the little 'CA' by the youtube logo even though the URL says it is youtube.com not youtube.ca.

Maybe Canadian youtube doesn't have the conversion to HTML5 in place yet or something?

As that link just gives me an "install flash" thing, which might for all I know (or care, by now) end up only giving me some ancient version that isn't up to date enough to even work.

I have given up on trying to deal with flash since they already told me last time around that they have no intention of supporting Linux.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 07:27:28 PM

Thinking i can now watch youtube videos due to their supposed conversion for my browser or whatever, I clicked this link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmPD_YSQ--k

in a thread in harware section.

Notice the little 'CA' by the youtube logo even though the URL says it is youtube.com not youtube.ca.

Maybe Canadian youtube doesn't have the conversion to HTML5 in place yet or something?

As that link just gives me an "install flash" thing, which might for all I know (or care, by now) end up only giving me some ancient version that isn't up to date enough to even work.

I have given up on trying to deal with flash since they already told me last time around that they have no intention of supporting Linux.

-MarkM-

Hmm? Flash works fine on Ubuntu... never had an issue in the past.

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2013, 07:28:11 PM

Kumala made a devcoin lottery site many months ago, and he abandoned it because of lack of interest. However, devcoin has a much bigger market capitalization today, so they'll be more interest. I suggest a small bounty, 6 shares then 3, are there any objections?

I forgot to add before, another useful addition to the faucet would be to pay people for links to devtome from an outside site. The faucet would check to see if there is a link to devtome, and if there is send devcoins to the devcoin address on that page. Then a random time later it would check to see if the link is still there, and if so send more devcoins. This would only be for the developer of the prime faucet, and if it is not developed after two months the bounty would be opened to anyone. I suggest 6 shares for the first part, and another 6 for waiting a random time, for a total of twelve shares, are there any objections?

Also, if after a week the writing earnings rate exceeds last month's average rate, I'll double all the bounties that were doubled the last time and any new bounties that have not been sent in part.

I think the objection was not to gambling but to the Satoshi Dice spamming the blockchain with dust/crap/garbage used to signal wins and losses.

A normal gambling concept where the website tells you directly on the website that you lost instead of filling every user's disk with useless garbage "so and so lost at gambling!" messages seems reasonable.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 442 »
  Print  

Jump to: