Bitcoin Forum
November 18, 2017, 04:44:44 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... 355 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DVC]DevCoin - Official Thread - Moderated  (Read 656046 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
FinShaggy

Activity: 196

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2013, 02:23:24 PM

I'm writing a novel about Hannibal (instead of just the history book planned) for NanoWrimo. Here's what I've got so far:

“Of all that befell the Romans… the cause was one man and one mind. Hannibal” -Polybius

Hannibal stood on the mountain top, and stared out over the crystal blue waves of the Mediterranean Sea impatiently, his attention constantly broken by the sound of clanging metal. He looked back at the mercenaries sparring, practicing their techniques with sword and spear, with their peers crowding around. Hannibal was only 5 years old, and so too young to join in. He walked towards them, and they stopped what they were doing.

"Hannibal." Said one of the Spanish mercenaries trying his best to mask his accent, "Youngest soldier in the camp. What can we do ya for?"

"When will they be back?" Hannibal replied

"Lord Hamiclar sent them hours ago." spouted a drunk mercenary, whose accent was lost in slurred speech "They should be back any time now."

"There" said the Spaniard, pointing to the hill that served as the camps entrance. Hannibal looked and their were more mercenaries (of multiple nationalities) walking up the hill. Hannibal ran like a mad man towards them, and smiled as the donkeys passed with packs full of grain and wine. He jumped excitedly, looking at the things the men had retrieved for his father.

A large group of mercenaries came close to Hannibal as they walked up the hill, and he became shy.

“Where do you go?” Hannibal asked nervously to one of the strange Greek men, who waved for his peers to continue up the hill.

“Wherever your father tells us.” He replied, in a rough accent

“But where does he tell you to go?” Hannibal asked “And why do you take your swords?”

“Ahhh” said the man smiling, and rubbing Hannibal on the head, “Already interested in war?” he laughed before continuing. “We go to the Roman camps, and we take what we can.”

“Why don't I go?” Hannibal asked and the man laughed again.

“You're not old enough yet” he answered, “But one day, you will make a fine general.” he took his helmet and placed it on Hannibal's head. It was over-sized and Hannibal could no longer see, but a giant grin appeared on his face.

“Can you teach me to speak like a Greek man?” Hannibal asked him, looking in the Greek's direction, but only able to see his feet. Again the man laughed, but sat to give Lord Hamiclar's son a lesson in Greek.

If everyone is thinking outside the box, there is a new box.
Coinlancer is Disrupting the Freelance marketplace!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
matt608

Activity: 882

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 02:26:20 PM

I also have a 20k science fiction story which I'm no longer seeking 'proper' publication for.  I wrote it about 5 years ago and thought it was great at the time, but with hindsight it needs some changes, but if I can publish what I've got and get paid that would be great.  

I also have a 45k fantasy novel that is unfinished, it's got about half the story to go still and is only a draft.  (in terms of spelling/grammer it's fine, but the plot + magic system I'm still working on and will be edited a lot alter).

So what I'm really asking is, can drafts of novels be published on Devtome?

Edit:  I just read your reply FinShaggy, so I could publish these on Devtome and openly call them 'drafts' and that would be ok.  Then if I wanted to sell them in the future after lots of editing that would also be ok?

▄██▄
       █████
        ▀███▌
          ███  ▄███▄
          ▐█▌ ██████▌
     ████  ▀  ██████▌
     ████    ▐██████
     ▐███▌   █████▀
     ▐███   ▐████
     ███▀  ▄███
    ▄██   █▀▀  ▄▄▄
   ▄▀       ▄█████▀
       ▄▄▄██████▀
.HydroMiner
~~~~~~~~~~~~
.           ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄
        ▄██████▌       ▐██████▄
      ▄████████▌       ▐████████▄
    ▄██████████▌       ▐██████████▄
   ██████▀▐████▌       ▐████▌▀██████
  █████▀  ▐████▌        ▀███▌  ▀█████
 █████    ▐████▌          ▀█▌    █████
▐████▌    ▐█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▐████▌
█████      ▀███████████████▄      █████
▐████▌        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▌    ▐████▌
 █████    ▐█▄          ▐████▌    █████
  █████▄  ▐███▄        ▐████▌  ▄█████
   ██████▄▐████▌       ▐████▌▄██████
    ▀██████████▌       ▐██████████▀
      ▀████████▌       ▐████████▀
        ▀██████▌       ▐██████▀
           ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀
.Green Mining with Hydro Power
             ▐█▌             
             ███             
            ▄███▄            
           ▐█████▌           
          ▄████▀██▄          
        ▄████▀  ████▄        
       █████    ██████       
     ▄████▀     ███████▄     
    █████      ▄█████████    
  ▄█████     ▄████████████▄  
 ▐█████    ▄███████████████▌ 
 █████   ▄██████████████████ 
 █████  ▄███████████████████ 
 ▐████ ████████████████████▌ 
  ▀███████████████████████▀  
   ▀█████████████████████▀   
     ▀█████████████████▀     
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀      
FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2013, 02:31:51 PM

Edit:  I just read your reply FinShaggy, so I could publish these on Devtome and openly call them 'drafts' and that would be ok.  Then if I wanted to sell them in the future after lots of editing that would also be ok?

Exactly. Try to complete the draft at some point though before going on to editing. Devtome is paying you in hopes that you can use the money to do more than you could without it.

matt608

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 02:50:12 PM

Exactly. Try to complete the draft at some point though before going on to editing. Devtome is paying you in hopes that you can use the money to do more than you could without it.

Great, I think I'll do it! Smiley  I've actually put writing as a second priority to my music, so money I earn from this will go towards supporting me while I produce my first album.  

This may be a silly question, but can I publish songs on devtome as well?  

I compose and play all the parts, electric guitar, bass guitar, keyboard, vocals and programmed drums.  I have a batch of about 12 songs I recorded.  Again, I consider them 'drafts' as I recoded them on a mediocre microphone, but I've recently bought the proper kit I need to produce studio-quality tracks.  If I can make a few hundred bucks from getting my first batch of 'draft' songs out there that would be great also!  They are reasonable sound quality, but not quite professional.  Genre is a bit like 1970s new-wave psy-rock but a bit darker.  I've no idea how the pay-rate would be decided for music... :s

▄██▄
       █████
        ▀███▌
          ███  ▄███▄
          ▐█▌ ██████▌
     ████  ▀  ██████▌
     ████    ▐██████
     ▐███▌   █████▀
     ▐███   ▐████
     ███▀  ▄███
    ▄██   █▀▀  ▄▄▄
   ▄▀       ▄█████▀
       ▄▄▄██████▀
.HydroMiner
~~~~~~~~~~~~
        ▄██████▌       ▐██████▄
        ▀██████▌       ▐██████▀
           ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀
             ▐█▌             
             ███             
            ▄███▄            
           ▐█████▌           
          ▄████▀██▄          
        ▄████▀  ████▄        
       █████    ██████       
     ▄████▀     ███████▄     
    █████      ▄█████████    
   ▀█████████████████████▀   
     ▀█████████████████▀     
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀      
FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2013, 03:19:59 PM

Great, I think I'll do it! Smiley  I've actually put writing as a second priority to my music, so money I earn from this will go towards supporting me while I produce my first album.  

I compose and play all the parts, electric guitar, bass guitar, keyboard, vocals and programmed drums.  I have a batch of about 12 songs I recorded.  Again, I consider them 'drafts' as I recoded them on a mediocre microphone, but I've recently bought the proper kit I need to produce studio-quality tracks.  If I can make a few hundred bucks from getting my first batch of 'draft' songs out there that would be great also!  They are reasonable sound quality, but not quite professional.  Genre is a bit like 1970s new-wave psy-rock but a bit darker.  I've no idea how the pay-rate would be decided for music... :s

I think they are working on something like that currently. Right now it is possible to post code and lyrics from music though.

matt608

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 03:26:30 PM

I think they are working on something like that currently. Right now it is possible to post code and lyrics from music though.

Ok thanks for the info Smiley

▄██▄
       █████
        ▀███▌
          ███  ▄███▄
          ▐█▌ ██████▌
     ████  ▀  ██████▌
     ████    ▐██████
     ▐███▌   █████▀
     ▐███   ▐████
     ███▀  ▄███
    ▄██   █▀▀  ▄▄▄
   ▄▀       ▄█████▀
       ▄▄▄██████▀
.HydroMiner
~~~~~~~~~~~~
        ▄██████▌       ▐██████▄
        ▀██████▌       ▐██████▀
           ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀
             ▐█▌             
             ███             
            ▄███▄            
           ▐█████▌           
          ▄████▀██▄          
        ▄████▀  ████▄        
       █████    ██████       
     ▄████▀     ███████▄     
    █████      ▄█████████    
   ▀█████████████████████▀   
     ▀█████████████████▀     
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀      
FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2013, 12:06:07 AM

Is Devtome down??

eeh

Activity: 182

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 12:07:56 AM

Looks like it.
jasinlee

Activity: 742

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 12:14:13 AM

Hmm yeah appears to be something up, checking on it now.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2013, 12:19:09 AM

Hmm yeah appears to be something up, checking on it now.

I hope all our posts didn't disappear. If you look at the cached version it looks like it goes back like 2 weeks.

jasinlee

Activity: 742

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 12:20:15 AM

The site still loads for me, the host is having an outage on one of the DC in atlanta they are telling me and its already been reported. Should be fixed later tonight.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
smeagol

Activity: 966

bitclicker.ga

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2013, 12:57:53 AM

The site still loads for me, the host is having an outage on one of the DC in atlanta they are telling me and its already been reported. Should be fixed later tonight.

it's loading for me too!

BITMIXER.IO   High Volume Bitcoin MIXER  
BTC: 1JH2jybjWruvDD23wSe5PCY9Epmr45u6nQ - DVC: 1SMEAGqpm9JSpJ6JZaM5dEBptPTNahpFa - Earn Devcoins by Writing | Devcoin Official Site  | SAT
FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2013, 01:02:15 AM

it's loading for me too!

Weird.

FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2013, 01:02:49 AM

Working for me too now.

smeagol

Activity: 966

bitclicker.ga

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2013, 01:05:31 AM

Working for me too now.

Whew, everything's still there!  Smiley

BITMIXER.IO   High Volume Bitcoin MIXER  
BTC: 1JH2jybjWruvDD23wSe5PCY9Epmr45u6nQ - DVC: 1SMEAGqpm9JSpJ6JZaM5dEBptPTNahpFa - Earn Devcoins by Writing | Devcoin Official Site  | SAT
FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2013, 01:06:14 AM

Working for me too now.

Whew, everything's still there!  Smiley

Right. We're only 300 blocks out.

FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2013, 01:13:56 PM

I think it could be the case to:

- use 2/3 of every round rewards for development only: every project should be rewarded according to an agreement: e.g. the almoner will ask to make an offer to build a website, publicising the "contest". Once it is decided the provider of the service, a time of delivery will be established, if accomplished on time, the payment will be delivered.
- use 1/3 of every round to give dvc according to the number of words and the esposition of every article: a banner will be placed on every article, the reward will be used to increase the payment of the writers: the collected bitcoins on advertise will be used to buy back devcoin, creating an higher demand of dvc, increasing the value of dvc.

Grin

#1 sounds like bounties

#2 sounds like Devcoin advertising and I think we have it already, the Bitcoin PR Buzz banner.

FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2013, 01:17:22 PM

I should be getting some books today Smiley Can't wait Smiley

matt608

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 03:50:45 PM

Is there a way I can log into google analytics an look at the traffic to Devtome over the past several months?  I'm interested in seeing where it comes from, which keywords are sending search traffic to figure out what needs doing in terms of SEO and marketing to get more.  I'm now a devtome writer and have been employed to do SEO work before (search engine optimization) so I can be of assistance here.

▄██▄
       █████
        ▀███▌
          ███  ▄███▄
          ▐█▌ ██████▌
     ████  ▀  ██████▌
     ████    ▐██████
     ▐███▌   █████▀
     ▐███   ▐████
     ███▀  ▄███
    ▄██   █▀▀  ▄▄▄
   ▄▀       ▄█████▀
       ▄▄▄██████▀
.HydroMiner
~~~~~~~~~~~~
        ▄██████▌       ▐██████▄
        ▀██████▌       ▐██████▀
           ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀
             ▐█▌             
             ███             
            ▄███▄            
           ▐█████▌           
          ▄████▀██▄          
        ▄████▀  ████▄        
       █████    ██████       
     ▄████▀     ███████▄     
    █████      ▄█████████    
   ▀█████████████████████▀   
     ▀█████████████████▀     
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀      
FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2013, 03:54:43 PM

Is there a way I can log into google analytics an look at the traffic to Devtome over the past several months?  I'm interested in seeing where it comes from, which keywords are sending search traffic to figure out what needs doing in terms of SEO and marketing to get more.  I'm now a devtome writer and have been employed to do SEO work before (search engine optimization) so I can be of assistance here.

I can't personally help with that.

But just looked at walking up right. I'll read it sometime, but I looked at the pictures, lol. Looks like it was a cool adventure.

Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... 355 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.