Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:13:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 [285] 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 ... 442 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DVC]DevCoin - Official Thread - Moderated  (Read 1058396 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 11:02:32 PM

Yes it may have been gone to 0 but the RESERVE WAS NOT MET message would have been shown on the closed auctions tab. I essentially enabled it again and then you passed the reserve. Again I ask you, when did it go to 0? Was this after reserve was met? If so there was a bug, if not then its fine.

And I KEEP telling you, it reset to 0 AFTER it was past reserve and AFTER you posted that message 7 days ago!!!! I have answered you the same way all along, which part dont you get?

So ever since you have been bringing it up, its been counting down regularly that's the part I don't get... I'm not seeing where it got to 0... It may have been at a time I was upating the website or because of the caching issue... but the internal timer never got to 0, or it was temporary as I was updating the code for the buy it now feature. I haven't fiddled with it too much last few days so it hasnt done what you said last few days for sure.. i've been watching it as you started bringing it up, its been coming down from 70 hours since we started talking about this.

Could be around the time it was 70 hours I was working on buy it now and maybe you loaded a script I was half-way done with and it showed 0 time left at that moment because I do remember I was playing with the auction timer making sure that peopel can bid all the way down to 1 second left.. I was adding a buffer in the time to make sure people can bid until the end since there is about a 2 second lag between the bid button clicked and the display updating... but that was fixed and updated within a few hours and was a few days ago... but its a small chance that you were caught up in a page that showed that, it didn't really affect the bidding process just the display of the time at that moment.

Bullshit. Were you just by chance doing that both the times it reset?

I told you I saw it hit 0 and reset the first time and start again (after your post about the "first auction would have winner because it was past reserve") and then I came back after 69 hours and watched it do the same again, which is when I posted here. I didnt take the screen shot until a few hours later because I didnt think I would need to prove something that must be obvious from the back end of that site.
I never restarted it after reserve was met, so must be a bug, and must be one I'm not seeing on my side.. but I assure you that the auction is not ending and the time is always held on the server side, the client is just doing the reporting... so maybe if you refresh or login it will update the time properly again.

Yea thats really weird because since you first posted and claimed it happened again I've been watching it and it never ended or got to 0 its always been counting down. If you ever see it go to 0 take a screen shot, there is less than a day left now.
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 11:07:11 PM
Last edit: May 28, 2014, 11:26:52 PM by sidhujag

Why would you advertise that? Do people care all that much? In the end they can buy things cheaper than retail thats all that matters who cares how much the service is making since you get what you want.

Its just how business works. If google advertised how much they make off of you for every search and click would you keep using them or move to one that seems like they are working for free whrn they arent?

I wouldnt advertise that Sidhujag, but I also would not run a business that required hiding anything from my customers. I would simply run an honest auction with clearly shown end and start dates and run a 3 month Beta test with paid customers before I launch...but thats just me.

Google very publicly post their profits Sidhujag, and if anyone wanted to find out where it all came from, that wouldn't be hard to do as they are a listed company. You on the other hand are one guy on the other side of the world...you have a lot more to prove about what you can deliver for my money than Google do.

OK I will add the reserve back in.

In the end keep in mind that the customer (You) may be able to purchase things for <= retail, that is the important thing.. its a service that is being provided regardless of how it is advertised. THe fact is

1) Any auctions that don't hit reserve you get your bids back
2) You won't ever pay more than retail if you use buy it now
3) If have the chance to buy the item for a lot less than retail through bidding.

EDIT: Done, reserve prices being shown everywhere.
melodiem

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 11:28:33 PM

I never restarted it after reserve was met, so must be a bug, and must be one I'm not seeing on my side.. but I assure you that the auction is not ending and the time is always held on the server side, the client is just doing the reporting... so maybe if you refresh or login it will update the time properly again.

Yea thats really weird because since you first posted and claimed it happened again I've been watching it and it never ended or got to 0 its always been counting down. If you ever see it go to 0 take a screen shot, there is less than a day left now.

I have too much to do in any day, to waste time making things up, I know what I saw. You said it was set for "end of the month" but how many hours was the timer set for originally?

sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 11:36:48 PM

I have too much to do in any day, to waste time making things up, I know what I saw. You said it was set for "end of the month" but how many hours was the timer set for originally?

You may have seen a bug but we can't reproduce (yet). I set it for end of the month 10-12 days ago, so you can calculate how many hours it would have been set to. It's been counting down ever since. The auction only ends once the END DATE is less than the CURRENT DATE... the timer countdown has nothing to do with the functionality other than visually.
melodiem

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 11:44:48 PM

I set it for end of the month 10-12 days ago, so you can calculate how many hours it would have been set to. It's been counting down ever since. The auction only ends once the END DATE is less than the CURRENT DATE...

Then is it possible the "Timer" is on a 69/70 hour loop until the date is right because I have watched it reset twice and its misleading (obviously)

the timer countdown has nothing to do with the functionality other than visually.

So the timer doesnt actually show when the auction ends?

sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 11:48:40 PM
Last edit: May 29, 2014, 12:01:51 AM by sidhujag

I set it for end of the month 10-12 days ago, so you can calculate how many hours it would have been set to. It's been counting down ever since. The auction only ends once the END DATE is less than the CURRENT DATE...

Then is it possible the "Timer" is on a 69/70 hour loop until the date is right because I have watched it reset twice and its misleading (obviously)

the timer countdown has nothing to do with the functionality other than visually.

Time should disappear and it should say "Bidding Ended" after the auction is over. Well I am sure there is no loop... I coded it. Let's see this auction end, its got less than 24 hours. The resetting this is unfortunate because I never saw it on my end... I reset the miner auction because it ended but the gift card one I left untouched after the reserve was met.. so I'm thinking it went to 0 because of the script stuff I was doing, and a combination of the caching issue which was showing the wrong times if you are not logged in. It should be taken care of now anyways.

I think something I can add it the date of expiry somewhere on the auction page just incase the timer is messed up.

Edit: Done, added date of expiry in UTC time.
melodiem

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 12:44:12 AM

Time should disappear and it should say "Bidding Ended" after the auction is over. Well I am sure there is no loop... I coded it. Let's see this auction end, its got less than 24 hours. The resetting this is unfortunate because I never saw it on my end... I reset the miner auction because it ended but the gift card one I left untouched after the reserve was met.. so I'm thinking it went to 0 because of the script stuff I was doing, and a combination of the caching issue which was showing the wrong times if you are not logged in. It should be taken care of now anyways.

I think something I can add it the date of expiry somewhere on the auction page just incase the timer is messed up.

I think that is a good start but from the perspective of a project representing Devcoin, (which is your hope for it's future) this site should be marked as Beta and not released as complete until these things are sorted out. If there are scripts and caching issues etc, the site is not finished yet and when you are taking people's money, you cant excuse this kind of error as "sorry I was running a script". (especially on the very first very small auction after drawing attention to it with a post!)

I have a lot on and little time to mess around Sidhujag, if I did not know the dev of the site, and I had just signed up as I normally would to something and then had concerns, I wouldn't think twice; I would just use the Paypal dispute process to get my money back. (I certainly wouldn't bother with the time this conversation has taken to reach a point where you even acknowledge there might be an error)

I realise you are just starting out with this and I am not trying to undermine it so I wont be doing any such thing but if I have these issues, what will a newcomer face and how will they react? You cant expect people to be patient with a stranger when you are dealing with their money. (crypto or not)

A testing period would at least mean these errors don't call Devcoins credibility into question, its standard practice for any new release anyway and errors can fairly be excused as newly identified bugs. I dont believe announcing a Beta test period with active paid auctions would be detrimental in any way to your launch, and it would allow you to make room for all the improvements/changes that are obviously still needed.

As it stands now, you have released the site as finished and the excuses are not acceptable. (would you accept these excuses from Ebay?)

sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 02:00:34 AM

I think that is a good start but from the perspective of a project representing Devcoin, (which is your hope for it's future) this site should be marked as Beta and not released as complete until these things are sorted out. If there are scripts and caching issues etc, the site is not finished yet and when you are taking people's money, you cant excuse this kind of error as "sorry I was running a script". (especially on the very first very small auction after drawing attention to it with a post!)

I have a lot on and little time to mess around Sidhujag, if I did not know the dev of the site, and I had just signed up as I normally would to something and then had concerns, I wouldn't think twice; I would just use the Paypal dispute process to get my money back. (I certainly wouldn't bother with the time this conversation has taken to reach a point where you even acknowledge there might be an error)

I realise you are just starting out with this and I am not trying to undermine it so I wont be doing any such thing but if I have these issues, what will a newcomer face and how will they react? You cant expect people to be patient with a stranger when you are dealing with their money. (crypto or not)

A testing period would at least mean these errors don't call Devcoins credibility into question, its standard practice for any new release anyway and errors can fairly be excused as newly identified bugs. I dont believe announcing a Beta test period with active paid auctions would be detrimental in any way to your launch, and it would allow you to make room for all the improvements/changes that are obviously still needed.

As it stands now, you have released the site as finished and the excuses are not acceptable. (would you accept these excuses from Ebay?)

I agree, I will work harder to make sure the changes are seamless to the user... changes like adding the reserve back is based on feedback which I greatly appreciate. Thanks for taking the time to do this. It's usually a process of going back and forth since I have no one to bounce ideas off other than myself and you guys here.
melodiem

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 02:37:21 AM

I didnt suggest that you work harder, I know what goes into building custom functions into a site.

I suggested a public Beta testing period. (I would add to that a formal bug/error reporting process and changelog but that's not everyone's thing, depends if you rather deal with individuals or reports from individuals)

Utilise your users as your testing base, slip them a few free DVC bids as thanks and keep the whole thing in testing until you know it's good to go.

imagine the drama involved if this timer was to have an error just as that mining rig gets to 0...I dont believe the crypto community is forgiving enough to accept those kinds of mistakes.

ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 02:38:57 AM

Sid, I just wanted to toss you an update. In terms of the social job I'll be doing, I've purposely been holding off while you and melodie try to work through the site's issues. I figured it's better to hold back until things are ready for the public before dealing with that (as users joining the site and being confused is worse than waiting until that confusion would be negligible).

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Shirley.BTC

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 03:53:42 AM

What's good for devtome is good for us all... all sounds good to me.   Cheesy
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 04:03:54 AM

I didnt suggest that you work harder, I know what goes into building custom functions into a site.

I suggested a public Beta testing period. (I would add to that a formal bug/error reporting process and changelog but that's not everyone's thing, depends if you rather deal with individuals or reports from individuals)

Utilise your users as your testing base, slip them a few free DVC bids as thanks and keep the whole thing in testing until you know it's good to go.

imagine the drama involved if this timer was to have an error just as that mining rig gets to 0...I dont believe the crypto community is forgiving enough to accept those kinds of mistakes.

We already had a testing period where we did all this. This was due to new features being implemented.. but as of now seems like everything is all setup.. I dont see any new major changes coming except the wholesaler feature which doesnt affect the auctions.. Lets go with it as our first auction is about to close.. if we notice these timer issues or other issues with bidding we can go off into beta mode again.. but we had a full month of that already and ironed out all of the payment and bidding bugs before.

Ranlo, You were almost done seo right? I think setting up fb twitter and googleplus can still be done even if its in beta mode although I think we are passed beta.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 04:17:38 AM

We already had a testing period where we did all this. This was due to new features being implemented.. but as of now seems like everything is all setup.. I dont see any new major changes coming except the wholesaler feature which doesnt affect the auctions.. Lets go with it as our first auction is about to close.. if we notice these timer issues or other issues with bidding we can go off into beta mode again.. but we had a full month of that already and ironed out all of the payment and bidding bugs before.

Ranlo, You were almost done seo right? I think setting up fb twitter and googleplus can still be done even if its in beta mode although I think we are passed beta.

SEO was already completed on the existing auctions, Smiley. I'll go ahead and work on the social things.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 04:35:13 AM

SEO was already completed on the existing auctions, Smiley. I'll go ahead and work on the social things.

Cool Im not sure why the banner isnt sizing right on fb twitter and google.. ie on my iphone 4 the fb header looks wrong but it is recommended size? Im getting marticp to look into this.. Maybe just fill out the profile info and come up with a simple plan on how to market the site.. go crazy adding people and following others on twitter etc.. google plus wont let me create a custom url yet because not enough ppl are following me. Just need someone dedicated to use these accounts.
Flam

Activity: 368
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:36:24 AM

Hey admins, Do you guys have news from UTB Huh I'm looking after him, thanks.

▄███▄
        ▄█████████▄
     ▄██████████▀  ██▄
  ▄████████▀█▀   ▄██████▄
█▀▀▀███████   ▄████████▀▀▀█
██▄   ▀████▄▄▄▄█████▀   ▄██
█████▄   ▀███████▀   ▄█████
████████▄   ▀█▀   ▄████████
▀██████████▄   ▄███████████
   ▀████████▌ ▐█████ ██████
██▄   ▀█ ███▌ ▐████   ▀████
█████▄    ██▌ ▐███▄▄ ▐█████
████████ ▄██▌ ▐█████ ▐█████
████████▄███▌ ▐█████ ▐█████
  ▀█████████▌ ▐█████ ▐██▀
     ▀██████▌ ▐██████▀
        ▀███▌ ▐███▀
           ▀███▀

╲╲╲╲╲╲╲╲▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
THE FIRST OF ITS KIND
SELF-GOVERNED ECOSYSTEM

╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱
JOIN THE ICO - 18th OCTOBER
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬╲╲╲╲╲╲╲╲

▄███▄
        ▄█████████▄
     ▄██████████▀  ██▄
  ▄████████▀█▀   ▄██████▄
█▀▀▀███████   ▄████████▀▀▀█
██▄   ▀████▄▄▄▄█████▀   ▄██
█████▄   ▀███████▀   ▄█████
████████▄   ▀█▀   ▄████████
▀██████████▄   ▄███████████
   ▀████████▌ ▐█████ ██████
██▄   ▀█ ███▌ ▐████   ▀████
█████▄    ██▌ ▐███▄▄ ▐█████
████████ ▄██▌ ▐█████ ▐█████
████████▄███▌ ▐█████ ▐█████
  ▀█████████▌ ▐█████ ▐██▀
     ▀██████▌ ▐██████▀
        ▀███▌ ▐███▀
           ▀███▀

weisoq

Activity: 720
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 12:36:18 PM

Hey admins, Do you guys have news from UTB Huh I'm looking after him, thanks.
Looks like he posted on coinzen earlier flam
newNEM

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 01:00:42 PM

Is the auction end?
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 01:13:12 PM

Is the auction end?

10 hrs left did you join it? devcoinauctions.com/welcome-landing
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 06:50:42 AM

First auction winner is papacrusher he has recieved his giftcard!
Tsquared

Activity: 500
Merit: 501

http://digitalcoin.org/

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2014, 04:00:04 AM

Hi folks!

Anyone else having problems with coinzen.org?

When I go there I get: Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

TT
Pages: « 1 ... 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 [285] 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 ... 442 »
  Print  

Jump to: