Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:17:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official FutureBit Moonlander 2 Driver and Support Thread  (Read 71398 times)
pyroandy

Activity: 88
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2020, 03:52:57 PM

Hi, excuse me do you know how much LTC make monthly? Thanks a lot!!!

Just how much LTC you can mine depends on how you are mining them. These miners max out at about 5MH/s.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2090
Merit: 1396

View Profile
January 27, 2020, 04:57:10 PM

Does anyone know if BFGminer for Raspberry pi has been updated yet to include auto-restart?

I don't think I ever updated those binaries since most people self-compile on pi's. I'll get around to pushing an updated release for these with some fixes after im done with the full node update for the Apollo.

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
tux1975

Activity: 293
Merit: 73

View Profile
January 27, 2020, 05:04:14 PM

Hi, excuse me do you know how much LTC make monthly? Thanks a lot!!!

One ML2@ Litecoinpool with good cooling and clock 768 generate  0.0072 LTC in the month (currently,without energy and extra costs )
pyroandy

View Profile
January 27, 2020, 05:13:55 PM

Does anyone know if BFGminer for Raspberry pi has been updated yet to include auto-restart?

I don't think I ever updated those binaries since most people self-compile on pi's. I'll get around to pushing an updated release for these with some fixes after im done with the full node update for the Apollo.

Thank you for your time.
pyroandy

View Profile
February 25, 2020, 07:10:49 PM

So I screwed up and dropped one of my ML2's. Now it no longer powers up. The USB connector was bent down some but I don't see any other physical damage to it. When I first tried it after the fall I could swear I saw the power LED come on briefly but now the 5-volt input is showing almost a dead short now.
I disconnected the fan and removed the USB connector incase it got screwed up somehow but the 5-volt input still reads .7-.8 ohms. Comparing it to one of my others I know this is not normal. I am assuming this is only a two-layer board so I don't have internal damage to the layers. Neither of the V-core or V-MEM outputs seems to be shorted when I check across there output caps. I don't know what else to check. Nether U1 or U2 measure a dead short on any of there pins but I can not Identify them from there markings. Does anyone know what these 5 pin devices are? U1 reads "RAGQ" and U2 reads "L2F" with a manufacturing logo on it that I can not Identify. Any ideas where else I could look to get this thing running again?
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2020, 07:43:47 PM

So I screwed up and dropped one of my ML2's. Now it no longer powers up. The USB connector was bent down some but I don't see any other physical damage to it. When I first tried it after the fall I could swear I saw the power LED come on briefly but now the 5-volt input is showing almost a dead short now.
I disconnected the fan and removed the USB connector incase it got screwed up somehow but the 5-volt input still reads .7-.8 ohms. Comparing it to one of my others I know this is not normal. I am assuming this is only a two-layer board so I don't have internal damage to the layers. Neither of the V-core or V-MEM outputs seems to be shorted when I check across there output caps. I don't know what else to check. Nether U1 or U2 measure a dead short on any of there pins but I can not Identify them from there markings. Does anyone know what these 5 pin devices are? U1 reads "RAGQ" and U2 reads "L2F" with a manufacturing logo on it that I can not Identify. Any ideas where else I could look to get this thing running again?

If the USB connector got bent, most likely one of the USB pin contacts got popped off the pad on the board. Just put a solder iron to the 4 pins and make sure they are soldered on there well and see if that does it.

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
pyroandy

View Profile
February 25, 2020, 09:38:27 PM

If the USB connector got bent, most likely one of the USB pin contacts got popped off the pad on the board. Just put a solder iron to the 4 pins and make sure they are soldered on there well and see if that does it.

I have removed the USB connector but still, I measure .6-.7 ohms where the 5 volts from the USB connector was soldered to the board.
evilsmurf

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 11, 2020, 09:27:46 PM

I've gone over this over and over and tried installing the Moonlander 2 as in the PDF instructions and on here and all the fixes I seen on here.  But the same error keeps coming up.  On a clean install on a Raspberry Pi 0 W with all updates.  I've got it working on my Windows PC, but it seems to scan the COM ports on the PC messing up stuff I need on there, so I need this to work on my Pi 0 W.
Code:
pi@raspberrypi:~/miner/bfgminer_5.4.2-futurebit2_linux_armv6 $ ./start_moonlander2.sh
./bfgminer: error while loading shared libraries: libncurses.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

any help would be greatly welcome.
addaeus

Activity: 17

View Profile
April 03, 2020, 04:32:21 AM

Are you installing the lib files as sudo?  next check for any command line omissions i.e. spaces, crtrl characters especially if you are copying and pasting on the pi in the editor. i just got my little farm up and running no problems.  you got this!
Hockeymike15

Activity: 11

View Profile
April 08, 2020, 05:32:28 AM

Im stuck as well.  I pretty much get all the way to the end and keep getting this error.  Keep in mind i am running 2 newpacs right now as well if that matters.

./bfgminer: error while loading shared libraries: libncurses.so.5: cannnot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Please help ive been stuck for hours and cant figure it out
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2020, 02:55:11 PM

Im stuck as well.  I pretty much get all the way to the end and keep getting this error.  Keep in mind i am running 2 newpacs right now as well if that matters.

./bfgminer: error while loading shared libraries: libncurses.so.5: cannnot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Make sure you have installed the proper library and retry

Code:
sudo apt install libncurses5

if that does not work try this

Code:
ln -s /usr/lib/libncurses++w.so.6.1 /usr/lib/libtinfo.so.5
ln -s /usr/lib/libncurses++w.so.6.1 /usr/lib/libncurses.so.5
ldconfig

Hockeymike15

View Profile
April 08, 2020, 03:09:36 PM

Make sure you have installed the proper library and retry

Code:
sudo apt install libncurses5

if that does not work try this

Code:
ln -s /usr/lib/libncurses++w.so.6.1 /usr/lib/libtinfo.so.5
ln -s /usr/lib/libncurses++w.so.6.1 /usr/lib/libncurses.so.5
ldconfig

Awesome i will try this.  Thank you!
Hockeymike15

View Profile
April 09, 2020, 03:56:37 PM
Last edit: April 09, 2020, 09:33:49 PM by Hockeymike15

Thanks for your help  and your suggestions worked!!! but now when i do command ./start_moonlander2.sh  it takes me to the screen where it looks its mining but tells me it doesnt show any devices.  It is telling me its not reading my moonlanders.  How do i fix this?  i tried rebooting, turning the USB hub on and off, and also unplugging and plugging the moonlanders back in and still nothing.  It wont read any of the 4!!! i am soooooo close to get this running its frustrating
mrgoldy

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 09, 2020, 04:44:58 PM

me no know linux Huh

I had to reimage my Pi,   download/extract the new  armv6.tgz   edited the .sh,   double click,  starts fine,  runs fine
But over a random amount of time,   bfgminer closes.
double click .sh,   starts fine, runs fine
repeat

Would the mention above about auto-restart fix this problem I'm having?
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2020, 09:35:32 PM

Thanks for your help  and your suggestions worked!!! but now when i do command ./start_moonlander2.sh  it takes me to the screen where it looks its mining but tells me it doesnt show any devices.  It is telling me its not reading my moonlanders.  How do i fix this?  i tried rebooting, turning the USB hub on and off, and also unplugging and plugging the moonlanders back in and still nothing.  It wont read any of the 4!!! i am soooooo close to get this running its frustrating

cd into /dev and run ls...do you see a bunch of /dev/USBx devices?

Hockeymike15

View Profile
April 09, 2020, 09:41:14 PM

cd into /dev and run ls...do you see a bunch of /dev/USBx devices?

I havent tried that yet.  One of the times on the mining screen it showed 4 USB devices and all their stats were are 0 and looked like they were ready to mine but nothing happened.  It would find a new block but then say it cant find my device.  this is what it would say
Code:
no device found: press "m" or "+"
  then it would ask for me to either type auto or all to add the devices and when i would do that it would just say the same thing.  No device found
Hockeymike15

View Profile
April 10, 2020, 05:38:33 AM

I hate to be constantly asking questions and it seems like im taking the easy way out but i keep running into road blocks and i spend hours trying to make it work before asking on here.  When i start the command ./start_moonlander2.sh it takes me to the mining screen and there 2 things happen. Either it doesnt find any devices on my powered usb hub or i get this message futurebit write error input/output error.  I am so lost on why these 4 moonlanders arent showing up as a device
SybrBlue

View Profile
April 23, 2020, 01:25:02 PM

I hate to be constantly asking questions and it seems like im taking the easy way out but i keep running into road blocks and i spend hours trying to make it work before asking on here.  When i start the command ./start_moonlander2.sh it takes me to the mining screen and there 2 things happen. Either it doesnt find any devices on my powered usb hub or i get this message futurebit write error input/output error.  I am so lost on why these 4 moonlanders arent showing up as a device

So, you may need to figure out where the Moonlander is connected, then declare it.  I just got into this, and if you are not used to to the terminal it can be frustrating.  I wrote this so it will do the work for you in Linux (if you are on a Raspberry Pi).

export MoonlanderDEV=$(dmesg | grep tty | awk '/cp210x/ {print $NF}' | tail -n1)
echo $MoonlanderDEV
./bfgminer --scrypt -S /dev/$MoonlanderDEV --set MLD:clock=600 -o stratum+tcp://scrypt.na.mine.zpool.ca:3433/#skipcbcheck -u <WALLET> -p c=<COIN>,sd=128

if you run "dmesg | grep tty" it will return the plug/unplug events and state where the device "mounts".  Awk then searches and prints only the appropriate line (something to the effect of "ttyUSB0").  Tail only prints the last time it was done.  I set that as an environmental variable, then run the bfgminer based on that.

(I only do this because I also have a Gekko Newpac and the two do not play well together unless you specify the ports)

I hope this helps!
Hockeymike15

View Profile
April 23, 2020, 02:42:33 PM

So, you may need to figure out where the Moonlander is connected, then declare it.  I just got into this, and if you are not used to to the terminal it can be frustrating.  I wrote this so it will do the work for you in Linux (if you are on a Raspberry Pi).

export MoonlanderDEV=$(dmesg | grep tty | awk '/cp210x/ {print $NF}' | tail -n1)
echo $MoonlanderDEV
./bfgminer --scrypt -S /dev/$MoonlanderDEV --set MLD:clock=600 -o stratum+tcp://scrypt.na.mine.zpool.ca:3433/#skipcbcheck -u <WALLET> -p c=<COIN>,sd=128

if you run "dmesg | grep tty" it will return the plug/unplug events and state where the device "mounts".  Awk then searches and prints only the appropriate line (something to the effect of "ttyUSB0").  Tail only prints the last time it was done.  I set that as an environmental variable, then run the bfgminer based on that.

(I only do this because I also have a Gekko Newpac and the two do not play well together unless you specify the ports)

I hope this helps!

Thank you so much for taking the time to help me.  I was getting frustrated because no matter what i tried or looked for on the internet did not work :/  The code that you have me enter, when do i enter that? after i run the whole BFGminer setup?
SybrBlue

View Profile
April 23, 2020, 06:43:28 PM

echo $MoonlanderDEV

I hope this helps!

Thank you so much for taking the time to help me.  I was getting frustrated because no matter what i tried or looked for on the internet did not work :/  The code that you have me enter, when do i enter that? after i run the whole BFGminer setup?

You need to have a working bfgminer program first (so download and untar the one from the futurebit website).  Then cd to that directory "cd bfgminer".  Then run the three commands one at a time. (the echo is not really necessary, but I like to see that the script is working, so it should return something like ttyUSB0).  Then the following line will actually start the mining, so you don't use the StartMoonlander.sh anymore.

TL;DR.  Enter it in the same directory as the bfgminer program.

Best of luck!
Pages: « 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 »
  Print  

Jump to: