Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:24:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official FutureBit Moonlander 2 Driver and Support Thread  (Read 71401 times)
Hockeymike15

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2020, 06:50:40 PM

I hate to be constantly asking questions and it seems like im taking the easy way out but i keep running into road blocks and i spend hours trying to make it work before asking on here.  When i start the command ./start_moonlander2.sh it takes me to the mining screen and there 2 things happen. Either it doesnt find any devices on my powered usb hub or i get this message futurebit write error input/output error.  I am so lost on why these 4 moonlanders arent showing up as a device

So, you may need to figure out where the Moonlander is connected, then declare it.  I just got into this, and if you are not used to to the terminal it can be frustrating.  I wrote this so it will do the work for you in Linux (if you are on a Raspberry Pi).

export MoonlanderDEV=$(dmesg | grep tty | awk '/cp210x/ {print $NF}' | tail -n1)
echo $MoonlanderDEV
./bfgminer --scrypt -S /dev/$MoonlanderDEV --set MLD:clock=600 -o stratum+tcp://scrypt.na.mine.zpool.ca:3433/#skipcbcheck -u <WALLET> -p c=<COIN>,sd=128

if you run "dmesg | grep tty" it will return the plug/unplug events and state where the device "mounts".  Awk then searches and prints only the appropriate line (something to the effect of "ttyUSB0").  Tail only prints the last time it was done.  I set that as an environmental variable, then run the bfgminer based on that.

(I only do this because I also have a Gekko Newpac and the two do not play well together unless you specify the ports)

I hope this helps!

Thank you so much for taking the time to help me.  I was getting frustrated because no matter what i tried or looked for on the internet did not work :/  The code that you have me enter, when do i enter that? after i run the whole BFGminer setup?

You need to have a working bfgminer program first (so download and untar the one from the futurebit website).  Then cd to that directory "cd bfgminer".  Then run the three commands one at a time. (the echo is not really necessary, but I like to see that the script is working, so it should return something like ttyUSB0).  Then the following line will actually start the mining, so you don't use the StartMoonlander.sh anymore.

TL;DR.  Enter it in the same directory as the bfgminer program.

Best of luck!

Very Much appreciate it! (dmesg | grep tty | awk '/cp210x/ {print $NF}' | tail -n1)  is this symbol "|" suppose to represent anything in the command line

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2090
Merit: 1396

View Profile
April 23, 2020, 07:26:44 PM

I hate to be constantly asking questions and it seems like im taking the easy way out but i keep running into road blocks and i spend hours trying to make it work before asking on here.  When i start the command ./start_moonlander2.sh it takes me to the mining screen and there 2 things happen. Either it doesnt find any devices on my powered usb hub or i get this message futurebit write error input/output error.  I am so lost on why these 4 moonlanders arent showing up as a device

So, you may need to figure out where the Moonlander is connected, then declare it.  I just got into this, and if you are not used to to the terminal it can be frustrating.  I wrote this so it will do the work for you in Linux (if you are on a Raspberry Pi).

export MoonlanderDEV=$(dmesg | grep tty | awk '/cp210x/ {print $NF}' | tail -n1)
echo $MoonlanderDEV
./bfgminer --scrypt -S /dev/$MoonlanderDEV --set MLD:clock=600 -o stratum+tcp://scrypt.na.mine.zpool.ca:3433/#skipcbcheck -u <WALLET> -p c=<COIN>,sd=128

if you run "dmesg | grep tty" it will return the plug/unplug events and state where the device "mounts".  Awk then searches and prints only the appropriate line (something to the effect of "ttyUSB0").  Tail only prints the last time it was done.  I set that as an environmental variable, then run the bfgminer based on that.

(I only do this because I also have a Gekko Newpac and the two do not play well together unless you specify the ports)

I hope this helps!

Thank you so much for taking the time to help me.  I was getting frustrated because no matter what i tried or looked for on the internet did not work :/  The code that you have me enter, when do i enter that? after i run the whole BFGminer setup?

You need to have a working bfgminer program first (so download and untar the one from the futurebit website).  Then cd to that directory "cd bfgminer".  Then run the three commands one at a time. (the echo is not really necessary, but I like to see that the script is working, so it should return something like ttyUSB0).  Then the following line will actually start the mining, so you don't use the StartMoonlander.sh anymore.

Best of luck!

Very Much appreciate it! (dmesg | grep tty | awk '/cp210x/ {print $NF}' | tail -n1)  is this symbol "|" suppose to represent anything in the command line

Your making this more complicated than it needs to be...all the script does is most likely put in /dev/ttyUSB0 next to the scan command so just cd into the folder and run this command and it should work

./bfgminer --scrypt -S /dev/ttyUSB0 --set MLD:clock=600 -o stratum+tcp://scrypt.na.mine.zpool.ca:3433/#skipcbcheck -u <WALLET> -p c=<COIN>,sd=128

if that does not work then cd into /dev and ls...youll see what the right ttyUSB number is

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
Hockeymike15

Activity: 11

View Profile
April 24, 2020, 04:55:48 AM

echo $MoonlanderDEV

I hope this helps!

Best of luck!

Your making this more complicated than it needs to be...all the script does is most likely put in /dev/ttyUSB0 next to the scan command so just cd into the folder and run this command and it should work

./bfgminer --scrypt -S /dev/ttyUSB0 --set MLD:clock=600 -o stratum+tcp://scrypt.na.mine.zpool.ca:3433/#skipcbcheck -u <WALLET> -p c=<COIN>,sd=128

if that does not work then cd into /dev and ls...youll see what the right ttyUSB number is

im not trying to make this difficult im just trying to figure out things and ask questions my bad.
this is what it gives me when i search for usb the moonlanders do not show u

Code:
[pi@raspberrypi:/dev $ cd /dev
pi@raspberrypi:/dev $ ls
argon-h264mem    mapper              serial0  tty37      v4l
argon-hevcmem    media0              serial1  tty38      vchiq
argon-intcmem    mem                 shm      tty39      vcio
argon-vp9mem     memory_bandwidth    snd      tty4       vc-mem
autofs           mmcblk0             stderr   tty40      vcs
block            mmcblk0p1           stdin    tty41      vcs1
btrfs-control    mmcblk0p2           stdout   tty42      vcs2
bus              mqueue              tty      tty43      vcs3
cachefiles       net                 tty0     tty44      vcs4
char             network_latency     tty1     tty45      vcs5
console          network_throughput  tty10    tty46      vcs6
cpu_dma_latency  null                tty11    tty47      vcs7
cuse             port                tty12    tty48      vcsa
disk             ppp                 tty13    tty49      vcsa1
fb0              ptmx                tty14    tty5       vcsa2
fd               pts                 tty15    tty50      vcsa3
full             ram0                tty16    tty51      vcsa4
fuse             ram1                tty17    tty52      vcsa5
gpiochip0        ram10               tty18    tty53      vcsa6
gpiochip1        ram11               tty19    tty54      vcsa7
gpiochip2        ram12               tty2     tty55      vcsm
gpiomem          ram13               tty20    tty56      vcsm-cma
hidraw0          ram14               tty21    tty57      vcsu
hidraw1          ram15               tty22    tty58      vcsu1
hwrng            ram2                tty23    tty59      vcsu2
i2c-1            ram3                tty24    tty6       vcsu3
initctl          ram4                tty25    tty60      vcsu4
input            ram5                tty26    tty61      vcsu5
kmsg             ram6                tty27    tty62      vcsu6
log              ram7                tty28    tty63      vcsu7
loop0            ram8                tty29    tty7       vga_arbiter
loop1            ram9                tty3     tty8       vhci
loop2            random              tty30    tty9       video10
loop3            raw                 tty31    ttyAMA0    video11
loop4            rfkill              tty32    ttyprintk  video12
loop5            rpivid-h264mem      tty33    ttyS0      watchdog
loop6            rpivid-hevcmem      tty34    uhid       watchdog0
loop7            rpivid-intcmem      tty35    uinput     zero
loop-control     rpivid-vp9mem       tty36    urandom
pi@raspberrypi:/dev $
/code]
SybrBlue

Activity: 3

View Profile
April 24, 2020, 08:40:14 PM

echo $MoonlanderDEV

I hope this helps!

Best of luck!

im not trying to make this difficult im just trying to figure out things and ask questions my bad.

Code:
argon-h264mem    mapper              serial0  tty37      v4l
argon-hevcmem    media0              serial1  tty38      vchiq
argon-intcmem    mem                 shm      tty39      vcio
argon-vp9mem     memory_bandwidth    snd      tty4       vc-mem
autofs           mmcblk0             stderr   tty40      vcs
block            mmcblk0p1           stdin    tty41      vcs1
btrfs-control    mmcblk0p2           stdout   tty42      vcs2
bus              mqueue              tty      tty43      vcs3
cachefiles       net                 tty0     tty44      vcs4
char             network_latency     tty1     tty45      vcs5
console          network_throughput  tty10    tty46      vcs6
cpu_dma_latency  null                tty11    tty47      vcs7
cuse             port                tty12    tty48      vcsa
disk             ppp                 tty13    tty49      vcsa1
fb0              ptmx                tty14    tty5       vcsa2
fd               pts                 tty15    tty50      vcsa3
full             ram0                tty16    tty51      vcsa4
fuse             ram1                tty17    tty52      vcsa5
gpiochip0        ram10               tty18    tty53      vcsa6
gpiochip1        ram11               tty19    tty54      vcsa7
gpiochip2        ram12               tty2     tty55      vcsm
gpiomem          ram13               tty20    tty56      vcsm-cma
hidraw0          ram14               tty21    tty57      vcsu
hidraw1          ram15               tty22    tty58      vcsu1
hwrng            ram2                tty23    tty59      vcsu2
i2c-1            ram3                tty24    tty6       vcsu3
initctl          ram4                tty25    tty60      vcsu4
input            ram5                tty26    tty61      vcsu5
kmsg             ram6                tty27    tty62      vcsu6
log              ram7                tty28    tty63      vcsu7
loop0            ram8                tty29    tty7       vga_arbiter
loop1            ram9                tty3     tty8       vhci
loop2            random              tty30    tty9       video10
loop3            raw                 tty31    ttyAMA0    video11
loop4            rfkill              tty32    ttyprintk  video12
loop5            rpivid-h264mem      tty33    ttyS0      watchdog
loop6            rpivid-hevcmem      tty34    uhid       watchdog0
loop7            rpivid-intcmem      tty35    uinput     zero
loop-control     rpivid-vp9mem       tty36    urandom
/code]

Well, that is odd.  I don't think I can help.  if you run "dmesg | grep ttyUSB" what does it give you?
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2090
Merit: 1396

View Profile
April 25, 2020, 09:32:08 PM

Are you running these on a hub. Certain huns are notorious for not working on pis. Try plugging in directly to USB port and see if it shows up.

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
iDisturbia

Activity: 84
Merit: 6

View Profile
April 30, 2020, 04:32:00 AM

I’ve got 10 Moonlander 2 currently on litecoinpool. Those of you who own more than 1, do you run them under 1 worker or multiple?
iDisturbia

View Profile
April 30, 2020, 04:39:12 AM

Code:
argon-h264mem    mapper              serial0  tty37      v4l
argon-hevcmem    media0              serial1  tty38      vchiq
argon-intcmem    mem                 shm      tty39      vcio
argon-vp9mem     memory_bandwidth    snd      tty4       vc-mem
autofs           mmcblk0             stderr   tty40      vcs
block            mmcblk0p1           stdin    tty41      vcs1
btrfs-control    mmcblk0p2           stdout   tty42      vcs2
bus              mqueue              tty      tty43      vcs3
cachefiles       net                 tty0     tty44      vcs4
char             network_latency     tty1     tty45      vcs5
console          network_throughput  tty10    tty46      vcs6
cpu_dma_latency  null                tty11    tty47      vcs7
cuse             port                tty12    tty48      vcsa
disk             ppp                 tty13    tty49      vcsa1
fb0              ptmx                tty14    tty5       vcsa2
fd               pts                 tty15    tty50      vcsa3
full             ram0                tty16    tty51      vcsa4
fuse             ram1                tty17    tty52      vcsa5
gpiochip0        ram10               tty18    tty53      vcsa6
gpiochip1        ram11               tty19    tty54      vcsa7
gpiochip2        ram12               tty2     tty55      vcsm
gpiomem          ram13               tty20    tty56      vcsm-cma
hidraw0          ram14               tty21    tty57      vcsu
hidraw1          ram15               tty22    tty58      vcsu1
hwrng            ram2                tty23    tty59      vcsu2
i2c-1            ram3                tty24    tty6       vcsu3
initctl          ram4                tty25    tty60      vcsu4
input            ram5                tty26    tty61      vcsu5
kmsg             ram6                tty27    tty62      vcsu6
log              ram7                tty28    tty63      vcsu7
loop0            ram8                tty29    tty7       vga_arbiter
loop1            ram9                tty3     tty8       vhci
loop2            random              tty30    tty9       video10
loop3            raw                 tty31    ttyAMA0    video11
loop4            rfkill              tty32    ttyprintk  video12
loop5            rpivid-h264mem      tty33    ttyS0      watchdog
loop6            rpivid-hevcmem      tty34    uhid       watchdog0
loop7            rpivid-intcmem      tty35    uinput     zero
loop-control     rpivid-vp9mem       tty36    urandom
/code]

Not your fault! Initially, I had this raspberry pi 4 tried to get bunch of ML 2 to work with. Lots of problems!

Tried Linux - still not 100%!

Connected them all to an old laptop running Win10 with 3 Anker hubs -> Success!
pyroandy

Activity: 88

View Profile
May 01, 2020, 03:06:27 PM

Does anyone know if BFGminer for Raspberry pi has been updated yet to include auto-restart?

I don't think I ever updated those binaries since most people self-compile on pi's. I'll get around to pushing an updated release for these with some fixes after im done with the full node update for the Apollo.

Any updates on this? I would like to move a few Moonlanders on a pi off site but I can't be there to restart them all the time. Also, I was never able to figure out how to get BFGminer to start and run automatically when the pi starts. Can anyone help with this?
Fenboy

View Profile
May 01, 2020, 07:21:54 PM

I use VNC viewer to control my pi/Moonlanders remotely
sergtjim

Activity: 8

View Profile
May 16, 2020, 01:33:12 AM

"Very Much appreciate it! (dmesg | grep tty | awk '/cp210x/ {print $NF}' | tail -n1)  is this symbol "|" suppose to represent anything in the command line"

Yes, the "|" symbol is meaningful.  It's called a pipe and it directs output from one command or process to the next item on the command line.

On my keyboard it's shown as two short vertical bars one above the other on the same key as the backslash.
zunetracks

Activity: 13

View Profile
May 17, 2020, 07:12:19 PM

I would also love to see some update drivers for my Pi 4. I'm running the Pi as a full Litecoin node, and as a Miner for 3 Moonlander 2 units. I'm constantly having to restart them because one will just spontaneously drop out of mining...it's a real pain. I am using a powered (36W) USB 3.0 hub (Amazonbasics brand).

Also, I did not compile anything on the Raspberry Pi. I used only the downloads provided by Futurebit and whatever is built into the Raspberry Pi kernel.

Thanks!
mrgoldy

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 18, 2020, 01:38:49 AM

because bfgminer kept closing on me using a pi,   I moved my 8 ML2s/with powered hubs to a laptop. working fine except one thing.

using the  bfgminer-5.4.2-futurebit2-win64.zip    and  -S ALL --set MLD:clock=600   standard settings.   I have 0-8 showing up in bfgminer.
So trying to figure out why it's seeing a 9th device.  I checked my COMs in device manager  and only have 8 listed
mrgoldy

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 20, 2020, 01:26:59 PM

because bfgminer kept closing on me using a pi,   I moved my 8 ML2s/with powered hubs to a laptop. working fine except one thing.

using the  bfgminer-5.4.2-futurebit2-win64.zip    and  -S ALL --set MLD:clock=600   standard settings.   I have 0-8 showing up in bfgminer.
So trying to figure out why it's seeing a 9th device.  I checked my COMs in device manager  and only have 8 listed

so a follow up
I changed my .bat on windows to call out each  COM   so  -S COM4 -S COM5  etc.... --set MLD:clock=600,   which helped get rid of that weird 9device that was showing up in bfgminer

I'm still having a problem where after a certain amount of time my moonlanders start to fail and say
FutureBit Write error: No space left on device

close the bfgminer,  restart the window and it's works fine again for a random amount of time.
zunetracks

View Profile
May 20, 2020, 08:42:20 PM
Last edit: May 22, 2020, 08:42:23 PM by zunetracks

Would love to see maybe an update for the Moonlanders software. I love these little sticks, and would like to be able to use them all on one powered USB hub. As it is, I have two on the hub, and one on a laptop...but I would rather run them all on the RPi4.
zunetracks

View Profile
May 22, 2020, 08:41:55 PM

Is there a warranty on the Moonlander 2 devices? I just bought mine about 2 months ago, and I think one of them is already starting to go out. I run it stock, and don't overclock it, if that matters.

Thanks!
iDisturbia

View Profile
May 22, 2020, 09:05:39 PM

Is there a warranty on the Moonlander 2 devices? I just bought mine about 2 months ago, and I think one of them is already starting to go out. I run it stock, and don't overclock it, if that matters.

Thanks!

Doctor’s 1st quesion: what symptom/s you’re experiencing?

These little toys should last forever unless someone hammers them - - except its fan which sometimes makes noise but you can use a small screw driver and tight or loose them - just a bit.
ravenna59

Activity: 31

View Profile
May 24, 2020, 08:30:05 AM

I was wondering if it's normal .. or is it a virus inside the bfgminer software?

does it look like something Coinbase?

http://bayimg.com/JanhaaAGP
iDisturbia

View Profile
May 24, 2020, 02:41:22 PM

I was wondering if it's normal .. or is it a virus inside the bfgminer software?

does it look like something Coinbase?

There is no virus in the “official” version of bfgminer - unless you download it from some other “unofficial” locations.

When it says all pools dead - it means either the pool’s belly has gone down or your own local network is the issue.
DaveF
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 6235

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2020, 04:05:27 PM

The pool might be rejecting you for a bad user / password.

Try running this:

Code:
bfgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://stratum.unknownminingpool.com:5395 -u DEbDyBJPuWwc251q3vk28aT95zcMGJtS8g -p c=DFC  -S MLD:all --set MLD:clock=660

and see if it works. It's a copy / paste of something I have running and know works.

Also, when possible do not post images through bayimg.com Malwarebytes blocks it as do SonicWalls and some other security devices.

Stay safe.

-Dave

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
ravenna59

Activity: 31

View Profile
May 24, 2020, 09:35:39 PM

The .bat file works and does not cause problems (type: pool dead). In addition, the error with pool death gives it many times, the only thing that scares me and that in the processing entries appears between: accepted, stratum:

- Coinbase check: multiple inputs in coinbase: 0x7d

I tried to install the last relase of bfgminer again, but again these disturbing processing lines !!!
Pages: « 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 »
  Print  

Jump to: