Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:47:01 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 133 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DragonMint T1 16TH/S halongmining.com  (Read 87634 times)
HagssFIN
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1706

Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 11:57:05 PM

The 7nm development process is in so early steps, that it is going to take a lot of time before we actually see a 7nm miner available.

So GMO won't be a serious competitor for anyone, not yet.

After two years, maybe.

deerhunter

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 12:27:48 AM

Your right. But the 10nm. is supposed to happen this year. I've been trying to find the article I read to reference it here but no luck so far. I'll keep looking. Can't remember S*** in my old age.
deerhunter

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 12:49:05 AM

Here's another tid-bit. This was in Sept. 2017
GMO’s 7nm ASIC Chips

The design logic of the 7nm chip has already been completed, Kumagai said. “The overwhelming competitive advantage is confirmed,” he added. “Next-generation semiconductors, which are under development based on an exclusive agreement with partners, are expected to operate with about 56% of the power of comparable performance, and the test version is expected to be completed in 2018,” Techwave conveyed. Mass production of the 7nm chips will begin in May of next year.

dlezama

Activity: 140
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 12:50:36 AM

GMO’s 7nm ASIC Chips

The design logic of the 7nm chip has already been completed, Kumagai said. “The overwhelming competitive advantage is confirmed,” he added. “Next-generation semiconductors, which are under development based on an exclusive agreement with partners, are expected to operate with about 56% of the power of comparable performance, and the test version is expected to be completed in 2018,” Techwave conveyed. Mass production of the 7nm chips will begin in May of next year.

There is a detail here you're missing. They are trying to promote an ICO to fund this, there's a bad smell around all that.
deerhunter

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 02:16:40 AM

You are right. That's going to happen later this year But its for a new board using there 7nm. chip. There supposed to have opened a mining facility this past December 31, 2017 using that chip. If that happened I don't know. The thing is  there's someone else besides Bitmain in the ring now. Who knows Halong may be using there chips!!! That is if they exist.
elokk

Activity: 723
Merit: 519

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 03:44:54 AM

The Dragonmint miner may be real but what I've seen on YouTube and read on Bitcoin it may also be dead after some of the other companies like GMO come out with a 10nm. chip later this year. Here's one of the articles I'm going by.

GMO to Invest 10 Billion Yen in Its Own 7nm, 5nm and 3.5nm Dedicated Bitcoin Chips
Bitcoin.com - Official Channel
Published on Sep 14, 2017
SUBSCRIBE 2.4K
 Subscribe Subscribed Unsubscribe
More details on the Japanese Internet Giant GMO’s plans to enter the Bitcoin mining market have been released. The company has revealed the hardware and performance specifications for its upcoming 7nm process ASIC mining chips which feature very low power consumption requirements. GMO also divulged its plans to produce and sell PC-ready ASIC mining cards to consumers.
And take a look at this (https://news.bitcoin.com/gmo-to-inves)

maybe Gmo is Halong  Wink

t.me/bitcoinasic
dlezama

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 03:47:11 AM

You are right. That's going to happen later this year But its for a new board using there 7nm. chip. There supposed to have opened a mining facility this past December 31, 2017 using that chip. If that happened I don't know. The thing is  there's someone else besides Bitmain in the ring now. Who knows Halong may be using there chips!!! That is if they exist.

Why do people keep talking as if bitmain had no competitors selling SHA256 miners? What about Canaan, Ebang, BW, Bitfury, Pangolin...
Plengo

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 04:01:19 AM

The value of this forum is simply inmensurable. For me, a long time investor and long time loosing with cons and thiefs, it is very helpful to read the arguments about this DragonMint T16. 

I learned a very important lesson in business and investing, it is always a scam until proven the opposite and even then it still can be a scam.

I only ordered anything from Bitmain after hundreds of hours of research from a huge variety of sources and media types. Pretty much historicity at the business level.

I would never fork $40k into a machinery based on hype, pictures, word of mouth and people saying 'i bought it and it will work'.  I must see it from many, many, many youtubers showing it with numbers and noise and heat problems and all that is around this mining business, FIRST. That way (this is just one example) I have more points of networking to ask questions, more people to attest and to explain, more people to email and call.

As a test, try contacting Halongin (whatever name it is) and get a real answer. Ask for example the wattage used and if it is 220 or 110v. I bet no answer will come but computer generated generic stuff. Ask how can you have your money back? Let me see, we don't even know where to ask, do we?

It is a scam in my point of view until proven the opposite, and it will have to be lots of opposites.

Now, for those that will have those machines delivered, PLEASE, do share the facts, the evidences and allow us to contact you by phone, email or in person.

Fausto.
castiel0504 (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 109

Ultra Mega Giga Super Cool Flying Oposum!

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 04:27:42 AM

Well said @Plengo, words of a wise man that does his homework before doing stupid things
Littledragons

Activity: 294
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 04:50:09 AM

I am not saying by any means that this is a low risk venture.
But you would have control of that level of hash before anyone else gets to the ring with anything similar.
Yeah its not the "Bitmain" but even as s9s are most current they still are going for 5k on eBay (obscene I know).

Plus as far as I can see this is one of the better miners on the market (if it exists). Granted, you dont get the security of BitMain, but its not like they are well known for their customer service.

Some take this gamble, others don't. Some may lose their money, or they may get their miners. Who knows?
The other chips are not on the market yet, or we would have all sorts of shit exploding about how that would be the thing to buy. Granted there are other options, but mining is such a risky venture anyway.

While I understand what @fausto was saying, I think it doesnt exactly apply the same all the time. Especially because I have seen tons and tons of scams in this space - that had "proof" and payouts etc.
Shit I got burned by Josh Garza's Hashlets. Granted that was a different game, but they had the public face, reviews and community - this stopped no one from getting scammed if they played with it at all.

Same with PBMining back in the gap, I mean it paid for quite some time if I remember correctly. Doesn't mean it was a wise investment, or not a scam, but it exited and people swore by it at the time, unless you were right and hated all things cloud mining -- which I was not. I got scammed just like a handful of other people.

I ultimately think the reality of this is "it all comes out in the wash" - only time will tell, fudders will eat hats and if they dont purchasers will eat their pride. That is all...

T r a x i o n                              TRADE AND EARN DURING PRE-ICO
TRANSITIONS YOU TO A CRYPTO-READY SOCIETY        Pre-Sale starts April 15, 2018
GITHUB     TELEGRAM     MEDIUM     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     REDDIT     YOUTUBE
QuestionQuest

Activity: 263
Merit: 131

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 04:59:19 AM

GMO’s 7nm ASIC Chips

Sounds to good to be true, but what I heard about all the 7nm chips production, not for ASIC only, is that the error counts are still to high (like 80% to 90% chips are garbage after testing).
Any news about this? I am not in this for a while.

### S9 13.5/14T (RIP) ### DragonMint 16T (DEVIL) --> Bitmain and Innosilicon (HAIL TO!) ###
dlezama

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 05:18:27 AM

But you would have control of that level of hash before anyone else gets to the ring with anything similar.
Yeah its not the "Bitmain" but even as s9s are most current they still are going for 5k on eBay (obscene I know).

Plus as far as I can see this is one of the better miners on the market (if it exists). Granted, you dont get the security of BitMain, but its not like they are well known for their customer service.

Some take this gamble, others don't. Some may lose their money, or they may get their miners. Who knows?
The other chips are not on the market yet, or we would have all sorts of shit exploding about how that would be the thing to buy. Granted there are other options, but mining is such a risky venture anyway.

While I understand what @fausto was saying, I think it doesnt exactly apply the same all the time. Especially because I have seen tons and tons of scams in this space - that had "proof" and payouts etc.
Shit I got burned by Josh Garza's Hashlets. Granted that was a different game, but they had the public face, reviews and community - this stopped no one from getting scammed if they played with it at all.

Same with PBMining back in the gap, I mean it paid for quite some time if I remember correctly. Doesn't mean it was a wise investment, or not a scam, but it exited and people swore by it at the time, unless you were right and hated all things cloud mining -- which I was not. I got scammed just like a handful of other people.

I ultimately think the reality of this is "it all comes out in the wash" - only time will tell, fudders will eat hats and if they dont purchasers will eat their pride. That is all...
It's not fair to compare with an ebay crazy prize for an S9. I bought one 2 days ago from bitmain for $2320. So let's do a more fair comparision:

S9 DragonMint
$2320 $2000
March 1-10 April
13.5 TH/s 16 TH/s
1323W 1470W

So why taking the huge risk exactly? We're not talking an order of magnitude game changer here. Bitmain sucks, but I'll get my S9 around the promised date. What is exactly the track record of HalongMining regarding customer service?
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 2602

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 05:54:10 AM
Last edit: January 11, 2018, 06:05:43 AM by NotFuzzyWarm

Sounds to good to be true, but what I heard about all the 7nm chips production, not for ASIC only, is that the error counts are still to high (like 80% to 90% chips are garbage after testing).
Any news about this? I am not in this for a while.

For a start there is NO '7nm chips production'. IBM, Intel, Samsung and TSMC are still only making test structures and very simple circiuits. The EUV laser sources aka steppers needed for 7nm are still only producing enough power to process only a few dozen wafers an hour. At a touch over $150million each there are still very few on the planet and damn safe bet they will not be making miner chips. Once Trumpf finishes building their new facility in France (as I recall) in Q2 this year they will be able to build 1 per-week last I read.

Even the apparent drop to '10nm' is ridiculed by Intel and IBM and even GloFo because Samsung's chips are what they call 'cheaters'. As in NOT a real drop in node size for entire chips. In Samsung's ARM-based SoC's only the memory cell gates are 12/10nm. The gates and other structures in the CPU/GPU/radio base band and other sections are all still 14nm.

That said, yes, because of the very simple function and structure of mining cores it may be a good avenue for the Foundries to tweak their transistor-level recipes vs building more complex chips. Down side for the Foundries is that the process will add very little to a Foundries collection of reusable IP blocks because mining cores are vastly different in nature to more complex chips: mining chips are self testing, have little to no timing closure requirements, etc.

As an design engineer I have just one thing to ask Halong and eBang: Given that to use Intel's word, 'Real' 14/16nm node chips have been in production since late 2015 and the 14/16nm process node *should* be considered as fairly stable by now -- all 14/16nm chip miners are hardly what one would call anywhere near as reliable as the 28nm node miners were. It is fact that chips performance varies by over 10% between batches. Bad enough that Bitmain implemented Autotune to squeeze every last bit of performance from the s9 despite hash boards that will vary in speed by over 100MHz between the 3 of them in a miner.

So -- what makes you think that a 10nm miner is going to be a walk in the park?

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 3NtFuzyWREGoDHWeMczeJzxFZpiLAFJXYr
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
QuestionQuest

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 01:58:39 PM

So -- what makes you think that a 10nm miner is going to be a walk in the park?

A good question about chip production and hopefull it will lead to a same good answer with a lot of proofs in it to check, too.

@dlezama
Supporting Halong or a BTC-Asic competitor is not about profit, if you just read 4-5 pages BACK in this post.
But that is the problem started within the internet during every normal scum can join today --- its the same in the cryptoworld. Its not longer a believer and specialized market. 99% are ... well ... gulls (see picture -> https://ibb.co/jnqB46)

I already answerd this point and again with one of my beloved comics I will say it to you:
Remeber, with great power comes great responsibility!

Bitcoin is free to use for all. But its our duty to keep the network safe - and this isnt free!
Try to get deeper in HOW Bitmain is working.
Even the pre-selling is destroying a new competitor before they can get Batch1 out!
Everything they did, they did it with 100% calculation.

I like Bitmain, no I admire Bitmain for this (chapeau!). Most people even dont get all of the action Bitmain is doing even after explaining them over hours.

---

Back to 7/10/14nm: Maybe Bitmain will release a S11 with a better hashrate. Maybe they will just massproduct now and flood the market on march with cheap S9. But at the end I am pretty sure they will do something totally different again to destroy competition.

Halong is maybe not the only one on the market with a new ASIC, but in my opinion the manufacturer who is able to do it as YING to the YANG.

### S9 13.5/14T (RIP) ### DragonMint 16T (DEVIL) --> Bitmain and Innosilicon (HAIL TO!) ###
SkyLakeMine

Activity: 99
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2018, 05:57:49 PM

That screenshot is highly suspicious, it's not *like* the A5 interface, it *is* the A5 interface.  Undecided

A huge *Thank You* to everyone who recognized that Halong stole the miner interface.

Despite shill claims to the contrary, NOTHING is proven until there is an independent third party review.
gurugarzah

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 06:00:27 PM

I would be really careful at this stage, but I'm willing to give this a chance.

I have proposed them with a thorough review here at the forum.

Let's see if I'm able to buy a demo unit.  Smiley

Hagssfin, fuzzy, or Phillipma on telegram?

I have proposed this idea to Drak and Adam on telegram as well

I know this is supposed to be in group but or whatever,
But, is there enough people that are willing to gamble to fill an order of 10 or 5 or whatever the he MOQ is?
deerhunter

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 06:06:08 PM

I would be but like most everyone here not until there's prof-positive the miner exists.
Albortz

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

Tax Attorney - Investor - Entrepreneur

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 06:15:35 PM

It's not fair to compare with an ebay crazy prize for an S9. I bought one 2 days ago from bitmain for $2320. So let's do a more fair comparision:

S9 DragonMint
$2320 $2000
March 1-10 April
13.5 TH/s 16 TH/s
1323W 1470W

So why taking the huge risk exactly? We're not talking an order of magnitude game changer here. Bitmain sucks, but I'll get my S9 around the promised date. What is exactly the track record of HalongMining regarding customer service?

Dont forget that you not only get it delivered in time they also provide the hash rate promised. If i think at other producers that fall short dramatically its a plus to buy from bitmain Cheesy

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
Anonymous and Untraceable
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
QuestionQuest

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 06:36:04 PM

That screenshot is highly suspicious, it's not *like* the A5 interface, it *is* the A5 interface.  Undecided

A huge *Thank You* to everyone who recognized that Halong stole the miner interface.

Despite shill claims to the contrary, NOTHING is proven until there is an independent third party review.

Please tell me something different if you know it, but isnt the interface anyways a free license which is telling that improvements to this software are free but has to be published to everyone (or something like this).

So how it could be stealing? They use it like its intend to be. Second time I read this - so maybe better to correct it right now or the scam screamers will start repeating it ->  https://ibb.co/jnqB46
Even the S9 firmware is a Github project with some more forks. So what?!
What you think Bitmain is running as firmware? Or mining software? Something 100% OWN developed? (Answer: NO!!!)

And you can try as long as you want to find anything. Getting more and more terrible the try to proof its scam.
But the proofs that its not scam by innocent bystanders was given - if you cannot accept it. Well --- wait for another --- and another --- and another proof you dont believe in.
Or just wait until end of this month ... new news will come up soon like Halong promised me in a personal contact.

VRobb

Activity: 1610
Merit: 538

I'm in BTC XTC

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 06:45:12 PM

Methinks she (QQ) doth protest too much!  More blah blah blah, typical shill.  Ignore time, serenity now!

I don't believe in superstition because it's bad luck: 13thF1oor6CAwyzyxXPNnRvu3nhhYeqZdc
These aren't the Droids you're looking for: S5 & S7 (Sold), R4B2, R4B4 (RIP), 2x S9 obsolete, 2xS15-28, S17-56, S17-70
Pushing a whopping 1/5 PH!  Oh The SPEED!!!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 133 »
  Print  

Jump to: