Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:37:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 ... 186 »
  Print  
Author Topic: MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device (Free, Open Source, Cross Platform)  (Read 827251 times)
ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 11:43:55 PM

Thanks it did make me feel better.
It just takes me so long to get anything done now it can be extra frustrating.
Fuses are no fun good job to be able to do that.
I can imagine you have torn apart a ton of gear just to find out what it is to program for it.  That must be fun discovering all of that.

I have some good news on the Avalon damage.
First I was able to carefully remove the port and direct connected to the ethernet cable and enabled the wireless.  From there it was back to mining and shows up with the API ok.

Then today I took it down and re-soldiered a new ethernet jack on it.  All is good now. 

I hate replacing ports all I could think I was going to toast the board.  I am ok with A/C jacks and such but I have not done much delicate soldiering since my injury as it is too hard to sit comfortably.

At least good news for a change.  Grin

That's awesome news. Man I break my setups all the time. I mess with them a lot (since I do dev based on them) so I've had my share of breakage. It always sucks.

That said, when something does break and you are able to figure it out and fix it yourself - well that almost makes up for it  Grin I learned how to solder when my Blade V2 fuse assembly burnt up.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Aurum

Activity: 453
Merit: 250

dfgfdgfdg

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 02:48:29 AM

...the AntMiner S1) automatically show up in MultiMiner with zero configuration (devices themselves must allow RPC API access)

I got my first AntMiner S1 today and plugged it into my LAN but MuM 2.6.3 does not see it. What does "allow RPC API access" mean? I can't find anywhere to set that.

Also, AntMiner S1 comes with cgminer installed. Should I disable that?

ghghghfgh
ManeBjorn
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 02:58:36 AM

I have a weird question.
Now that I have it seeing my Avalon I have an odd display bug.
What happens is that I have MuM on two systems.  Since both systems see the Avalon for some reason it shows up as having the Avalon's hashrate twice in total network gh/s display.
Is this a bug or do I need to check something somewhere as I do not see anything.

nwoolls (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 03:07:42 AM

What happens is that I have MuM on two systems.  Since both systems see the Avalon for some reason it shows up as having the Avalon's hashrate twice in total network gh/s display.

Good one - I'll look into a way to somehow filter that out.

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
ManeBjorn
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 03:11:03 AM

Cool deal.
I wasn't sure if I had messed something up again.
The Avalon is working rock solid right now too after all that.  I already made .03 from just that alone today.  I'm very happy it will help in my building to some bigger power in the future.  Cool

Good one - I'll look into a way to somehow filter that out.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 03:11:33 AM

I got my first AntMiner S1 today and plugged it into my LAN but MuM 2.6.3 does not see it. What does "allow RPC API access" mean? I can't find anywhere to set that.

It's different for each standalone ASIC, but basically they usually run a version of BFGMiner or cgminer which means you need to alter the arguments or configuration file to pass in --api-listen and --api-allow. When it comes to the AntMiner S1 it's cgminer and a configuration file.

The first step is to SSH into the AntMiner S1 as root, password root
Use vi to edit /etc/config/cgminer
Add/alter the following line:

Code:
option api_allow 'W:127.0.0.1,192.168.0.0/24'

Adjust the IP range as needed for your own network based on:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIDR_notation#CIDR_notation

Restart the miner using the Web UI and wait a few minutes. The miner should show up in MultiMiner automatically.

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 09:09:25 PM

...the AntMiner S1) automatically show up in MultiMiner with zero configuration (devices themselves must allow RPC API access)

Might want to look on github for latest firmwaer as their one that come out 3 days ago that fixed the problems with cgminer

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
Aurum

dfgfdgfdg

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 09:22:09 PM

Might want to look on github for latest firmwaer as their one that come out 3 days ago that fixed the problems with cgminer

Thx, will that problem with cgminer stop it from mining using MuM Huh

I followed somebody's instructions to log into S1 and switch static IP to dynamic. It took me a long time to correct that error by finding a link to the little manual and the S2 reset button.

Now I'm trying to learn how to "SSH into AntMiner." I installed Cygwin with OpenSSH.

ghghghfgh
Operatr

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 09:36:14 PM

After updating this last client, Multiminer does nothing but freeze up... (Win 7 x64)

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 10:00:17 PM

After updating this last client, Multiminer does nothing but freeze up... (Win 7 x64)

Can you try previous releases to determine the version that introduced this problem for you? Haven't seen any issues myself or had anything reported (yet).

Can you check the Event Log in Windows under Applications and see if there are any entries for MultiMiner?

Edit: Could you also post a screenshot and / or video (e.g. using Jing, it's free) so I can see exactly how it is behaving and locking up?

Aurum

dfgfdgfdg

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 10:03:01 PM

MuM 263 is running better'n ever for me. What's a "freeze" Huh  Are you using CoinWarz at 5 minutes by any chance? Your freeze may be their quota. Switch to CoinChoose.

ghghghfgh
Aurum

dfgfdgfdg

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 10:18:20 PM
Last edit: February 13, 2014, 10:52:37 PM by Aurum

It's different for each standalone ASIC, but basically they usually run a version of BFGMiner or cgminer which means you need to alter the arguments or configuration file to pass in --api-listen and --api-allow. When it comes to the AntMiner S1 it's cgminer and a configuration file.

The first step is to SSH into the AntMiner S1 as root, password root

Use vi to edit /etc/config/cgminer

Add/alter the following line: option api_allow 'W:127.0.0.1,192.168.0.0/24'

Adjust the IP range as needed for your own network based on: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIDR_notation#CIDR_notation

Restart the miner using the Web UI and wait a few minutes. The miner should show up in MultiMiner automatically.

Ok, you whipped out your Linux and made me feel all stupid. I'm guessing that cgminer is loaded inside the AntMiner with a Linux OS. It comes with zero documentation and I searched the forums but folks assume everybody knows Linux.  What do I type on the OpenSSH command line to "to SSH into the AntMiner S1" Huh

EDIT: Found it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72FU4Z_n0B4

ghghghfgh
Operatr

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 10:23:49 PM

Can you try previous releases to determine the version that introduced this problem for you? Haven't seen any issues myself or had anything reported (yet).

Can you check the Event Log in Windows under Applications and see if there are any entries for MultiMiner?

Edit: Could you also post a screenshot and / or video (e.g. using Jing, it's free) so I can see exactly how it is behaving and locking up?

A restart of my system seems to have corrected it actually, previous updates didn't have that issue.

crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 11:31:21 PM

Thx, will that problem with cgminer stop it from mining using MuM Huh

I followed somebody's instructions to log into S1 and switch static IP to dynamic. It took me a long time to correct that error by finding a link to the little manual and the S2 reset button.

Now I'm trying to learn how to "SSH into AntMiner." I installed Cygwin with OpenSSH.

NO i had to like many other it was a problem in cgminer that it wouldn't allow to connect into multiminer once i updated i updated things where better for it and also allowed to work on stratum support too. And my multi miner also detects it on the network without making any changes to the ant miner.

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
Aurum

dfgfdgfdg

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2014, 12:08:15 AM

Ok, AntMiner S1 is mining and the wrong instance of MuM discovered it. Since worker name goes with the coin and not the device that's not good since that MuM is running itty bitty Block Eruptors that like diff 1. The pools use the worker name to associate it with a preferred diff.

Is there a way to get AntMiner S1 to show up on the fast MuM instance Huh

ghghghfgh
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2014, 02:31:58 AM

Ok, AntMiner S1 is mining and the wrong instance of MuM discovered it. Since worker name goes with the coin and not the device that's not good since that MuM is running itty bitty Block Eruptors that like diff 1. The pools use the worker name to associate it with a preferred diff.

Is there a way to get AntMiner S1 to show up on the fast MuM instance Huh

If you are using the Network Device support, the AntMiner is mining whatever you have it set to mine in the Web UI for it. MultiMiner is not controlling that.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2014, 03:54:52 AM

Okay folks - it's time to start kicking the tires on 2.7 pre-releases for those who have the time!  Grin

Version 2.7 PR1 is available for download here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rcu3y19txi78j4t/MultiMiner-2.7.0.zip

So far this update includes:

• Added the ability to rename all devices
  • Added the ability to restart Network Devices
  • Added the ability to switch pools for Network Devices
  • The full list of Workers for Network Devices is now shown in the Details pane
  • The hardware list is now saved and restored when reopening the app (hardware is no longer scanned on every startup)
  • The combination of Remoting and Network Devices is now more consistent in reporting hashrates
  • Fixed issues with Network Devices not showing their full hashrate
  • Minor fixes and UI improvements

ManeBjorn
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 04:22:09 AM

Wow you have been busy.
I will have to try this out tomorrow.  I'm too tired tonight to.
I almost hate to ask if you had time for any DualMiner support work.

Okay folks - it's time to start kicking the tires on 2.7 pre-releases for those who have the time!  Grin

Version 2.7 PR1 is available for download here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rcu3y19txi78j4t/MultiMiner-2.7.0.zip

So far this update includes:

• Added the ability to rename all devices
  • Added the ability to restart Network Devices
  • Added the ability to switch pools for Network Devices
  • The full list of Workers for Network Devices is now shown in the Details pane
  • The hardware list is now saved and restored when reopening the app (hardware is no longer scanned on every startup)
  • The combination of Remoting and Network Devices is now more consistent in reporting hashrates
  • Fixed issues with Network Devices not showing their full hashrate
  • Minor fixes and UI improvements

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2014, 04:24:21 AM

Still road-blocked. Waiting to be un-read-blocked, which is outside of my control. Soon hopefully!

Blackbird0

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 04:46:06 AM

Still road-blocked. Waiting to be un-read-blocked, which is outside of my control. Soon hopefully!

Anything we can do to encourage un-road-blocking?
Pages: « 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 ... 186 »
  Print  

Jump to: