Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 01:31:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 ... 186 »
  Print  
Author Topic: MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device (Free, Open Source, Cross Platform)  (Read 827251 times)
atomicchaos

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 02:53:30 AM

MultiMiner version 2.6.2 is available. This is a bug fix release that addresses issues on some more exotic setups:

• Fixed error launching with Network Device Discovery enabled on Linux - ObjectDisposedException
  • Fixed error enabling MultiMiner Remoting on Windows Server 2012 - Null reference
  • Fixed error registered instance via MultiMiner Remoting - InvalidOperationException
  • Fixed error launching app with no network connection on Linux - SocketException
  • Fixed error refreshing statistics from Network Devices - Null reference
  • Handling added for displaying Dogecoin information whether DOG or DOGE is used

My first chance to use the single click update for all rigs on the network. Holy cow, that was amazing.

BTC:113mFe2e3oRkZQ5GeqKhoHbGtVw16unnw2
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 02:57:15 AM

+1

MultiMiner version 2.6.2 is available. This is a bug fix release that addresses issues on some more exotic setups:

• Fixed error launching with Network Device Discovery enabled on Linux - ObjectDisposedException
  • Fixed error enabling MultiMiner Remoting on Windows Server 2012 - Null reference
  • Fixed error registered instance via MultiMiner Remoting - InvalidOperationException
  • Fixed error launching app with no network connection on Linux - SocketException
  • Fixed error refreshing statistics from Network Devices - Null reference
  • Handling added for displaying Dogecoin information whether DOG or DOGE is used

My first chance to use the single click update for all rigs on the network. Holy cow, that was amazing.

bensam123

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 11:01:07 AM

Is there any chance we can get a paid version? I definitely like the features and currently use MM except for some small niche cases (I need to use more then one global variable), but I'm not willing to pay 1% 'donation' from now till forever (this is a fee, not a donation). I assume more powerful miners would also agree with this as this would add up to a substantial amount of money with time. Most of these miners already do things to get away from the %s, like p2p pools or setting up their own private pools.

I'd be willing to pay $50 or even $100 up front for a license.
nwoolls (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 01:40:18 PM

Is there any chance we can get a paid version? I definitely like the features and currently use MM except for some small niche cases (I need to use more then one global variable), but I'm not willing to pay 1% 'donation' from now till forever (this is a fee, not a donation).

No, no plans for that. But you're free to use it without any donations or perks. There are no required featured disabled. Only perks for those who donate.

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
atomicchaos

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 02:10:53 PM

Is there any chance we can get a paid version? I definitely like the features and currently use MM except for some small niche cases (I need to use more then one global variable), but I'm not willing to pay 1% 'donation' from now till forever (this is a fee, not a donation). I assume more powerful miners would also agree with this as this would add up to a substantial amount of money with time. Most of these miners already do things to get away from the %s, like p2p pools or setting up their own private pools.

I'd be willing to pay $50 or even $100 up front for a license.

You seriously aren't complaining about 1%? I'm guessing that my mining operation is a fair size compared to many (although many are catching up), and I think it's well worth 1%+. I've also donated to him directly for adding features that save me a significant amount of time.

I suppose you probably shut off donations at pools as well? I love when I look at the top ten list and only myself and maybe 3 others are donating (on no-fee pools) and the rest shut it off. I really can't stand when people are so greedy in areas that they are actually profiting off of the tools that others made or provided, but don't want to give back.

I fully understand if a Dev isn't active and providing updates on a regular basis, but the updates coming out for this tool have been nothing short of amazing and are very frequent. Plus, he's also helping out with BFGminer, which is the primary miner left being updated for Scrypt. You even have the choice to use it without any fees, and turn off perks.  

</rant>

bensam123

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 03:38:19 PM

Feel free to spend your money whatever way you want, and I'll spend mine the way I want. 1% is a lot of money when you add it up. For a fair size mining operation you're going to be losing $1000s each year depending on the size. Have you even calculated how much you're losing on %s? I guess that's the price you pay for volume licensing, but that's not something I personally am willing to pay for.

Pools have fees if they need money and they do implement and use it. I don't feel the need to pay a donation on top of a fee for a service I use. In the case of MM, I already said I'd pay for a license, which isn't the same as using it for free. I just feel the amount of money I'd be spending on it in the long run is no where near justifiable for the functionality. There will also end up being other products out there that will do the same thing for cheaper (CGWatcher already being one of them).

This has nothing to do with good will, this is business. If it were good will you wouldn't be required to donate for the additional functionality.
atomicchaos

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 04:53:51 PM

Feel free to spend your money whatever way you want, and I'll spend mine the way I want. 1% is a lot of money when you add it up. For a fair size mining operation you're going to be losing $1000s each year depending on the size. Have you even calculated how much you're losing on %s? I guess that's the price you pay for volume licensing, but that's not something I personally am willing to pay for.

Pools have fees if they need money and they do implement and use it. I don't feel the need to pay a donation on top of a fee for a service I use. In the case of MM, I already said I'd pay for a license, which isn't the same as using it for free. I just feel the amount of money I'd be spending on it in the long run is no where near justifiable for the functionality. There will also end up being other products out there that will do the same thing for cheaper (CGWatcher already being one of them).

This has nothing to do with good will, this is business. If it were good will you wouldn't be required to donate for the additional functionality.

I know the business quite well, and I don't do anything in this realm without doing the math behind it. Good luck with your ventures, I hope your strategy works out for you in the long run.

djaychela

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 06:36:37 PM

Am I missing something, or is this a bug?

It's just a visual bug in bfgminer's API results. It's already fixed for the next bfgminer update. Thanks for reporting it.

If you'd like to test a daily build of bfgminer with the fix you can nab it here:

http://luke.dashjr.org/tmp/code/webisect/webisect.php?dobuild=bfgminer
Thanks - just got in from work and set it up, and it now works fine for Effective hashrate, although the current hashrate column is now empty?  Having said that, I'd prefer it if the fix worked the other way and actually gave me 140Mh/s of hashing power, but I guess even you have limits!

Top app, by the way; I have to say that the update isn't of "Apple quality", it's way better than that.  Works flawlessly every time, and the app itself is great, having simplified my (admittedly not that complex) mining setup this week.  Smiley

Are there any plans to make the mining strategies more complex?  Reason being that I'd like to mine a certain coin occasionally when the difficulty drops to a sane level, but I don't want to spend all my spare time checking dustcoin.com and then remoting into my mining rig; I also seem to miss the low difficulty boat when doing this as within half an hour everyone else seems to have done the same!  

I'd like to add to the calls for a peek at the road map, if only to save asking you questions that you may already have answered, but appreciate that you don't want to make any more work for yourself.
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 06:39:31 PM

Are there any plans to make the mining strategies more complex?  Reason being that I'd like to mine a certain coin occasionally when the difficulty drops to a sane level, but I don't want to spend all my spare time checking dustcoin.com and then remoting into my mining rig; I also seem to miss the low difficulty boat when doing this as within half an hour everyone else seems to have done the same!  

If I understand correctly you can already set Auto-Mining to mine based on Difficulty, and then set it to only mine coins when they drop below a customized difficulty setting.

Does that do what you want, or are you saying you'd like to do that for a single, specific coin only?

Thanks for the feedback!

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
djaychela

Activity: 35

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 10:07:50 PM

Hi

Yes, I'd like to do it for only one coin, but also realise that's probably not what most people would do!  I had envisaged a "do a if condition a is true, otherwise do b" type setup, but appreciate this could become somewhat complex?

I've reverted to the release version of bfgminer as I was getting a lot of rejects with the current snapshot as listed above, and also it wasn't reporting current hashrate (but did have accurate effective hashrates in contrast with the release version) - again, not sure if that feedback is helpful, but I understand from reading the bfgminer thread that you're the maintainer of the scrypt code (although the snapshot didn't report current hashrate for bitcoin miners either).

brooklynite

Activity: 266

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 10:16:59 PM

nwoolls,

Once again thank you for the fantastic software.

The main reason I downloaded and use Multiminer was for automated coin switching, because I was tired of having to get on coinwarz 18 times a day and stop and re-run another bat file on my headless miner that I have to connect to with VNC.

However after using this great software for two days, it still seems like we are years behind a system that would actually work for switching. And once that is developed there will be no point in switching because there comes a balance in the market. If the coin switching was built into CGMINER then coinwarz would not exist because your profitability would become a direct result of your mining capacity not a result of how fast you can switch between coins and how much free time you have to watch the market.

And even that is not enough these days.

Coinwarz has been continuously displaying incorrect difficulties and coins pop up to the top of the list when they should not. I dont understand why someone with the programming skills who made coinwarz would ever use an instant snapshot for difficulty as opposed to having like a 2 min avg. The snapshot difficulty is making coins pop up and down incorrectly and pretty much random. I have even seen ExtremeCoin pop up to the top and its a coin that's always at the bottom of the list.

In other words, without proper realtime information on difficulty, a working automated coins witching system is not possible.

For now I am really enjoying the smooth coin switching feature of multiminer. I just wish your android app would do that as well.
atomicchaos

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 10:33:34 PM

Hi

Yes, I'd like to do it for only one coin, but also realise that's probably not what most people would do!  I had envisaged a "do a if condition a is true, otherwise do b" type setup, but appreciate this could become somewhat complex?

I've reverted to the release version of bfgminer as I was getting a lot of rejects with the current snapshot as listed above, and also it wasn't reporting current hashrate (but did have accurate effective hashrates in contrast with the release version) - again, not sure if that feedback is helpful, but I understand from reading the bfgminer thread that you're the maintainer of the scrypt code (although the snapshot didn't report current hashrate for bitcoin miners either).

That matched my experience as well, and I let Nate know, but I didn't do any additional info gathering on it (sorry). I had a high level of rejects with the daily build.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 10:38:36 PM

That's actually just the sort of description I needed. I already have a request for, basically, "custom" strategies that someone put into Github. But what I have been missing are examples of what people want to do that the current system cannot do.

bensam123

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 10:52:46 PM

I know the business quite well, and I don't do anything in this realm without doing the math behind it. Good luck with your ventures, I hope your strategy works out for you in the long run.

Paying for a service? It is sort of interesting that I'm not asking for features for free, but rather asking for a different pricing model I'm willing to pay a premium on yet you're condemning me as if I'm asking for something for free. Perhaps I'm the only one that sees the disconnect here.

Speaking of MM multi-PC functionality, it'd be nice to have a staggered startup. Where one PC would start miners up every 5s or so after a power outage as to not 'shock' things.
atomicchaos

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 12:13:47 AM

Perhaps I'm the only one that sees the disconnect here.

Perhaps.

Phoenix48

Activity: 43

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 02:10:06 AM

I noticed a problem in Multiminer. When i use the original 32 bits version of bfgminer 3.10, it doesn't start and i get a "Process crashed" in the process log. Then i switch to the 64 bits version and it start normally. Since i appear to be alone in that case i guess it may be related to the fact that i use windows 8.1 french version. After all, it already happened before so maybe the error came back in the 32 bits version. I don't know.

Another problem is that when i start the 64 bits version, it runs fine for a while and then multiminer seems to pop up an error at random:

Code:
Consultez la fin de ce message pour plus de détails sur l'appel du débogage
juste-à-temps (JIT) à la place de cette boîte de dialogue.

************** Texte de l'exception **************
System.InvalidOperationException: La séquence contient plusieurs éléments correspondants.
   à System.Linq.Enumerable.Single[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
   à MultiMiner.Engine.MiningEngine.setupProcessStartInfo(MinerProcess minerProcess) dans d:\Data\Visual Studio Projects\Personal\MultiMiner\MultiMiner.Engine\MiningEngine.cs:ligne 162
   à MultiMiner.Engine.MiningEngine.StoreMinerProcess(Process process, String coinSymbol, MinerConfiguration minerConfiguration, Int32 port) dans d:\Data\Visual Studio Projects\Personal\MultiMiner\MultiMiner.Engine\MiningEngine.cs:ligne 591
   à MultiMiner.Engine.MiningEngine.StartMining() dans d:\Data\Visual Studio Projects\Personal\MultiMiner\MultiMiner.Engine\MiningEngine.cs:ligne 559
   à MultiMiner.Engine.MiningEngine.ApplyMiningStrategy(List`1 coinInformation) dans d:\Data\Visual Studio Projects\Personal\MultiMiner\MultiMiner.Engine\MiningEngine.cs:ligne 269
   à MultiMiner.Engine.MiningEngine.StartMining(EngineConfiguration engineConfiguration, List`1 devices, List`1 coinInformation, Int32 donationPercent) dans d:\Data\Visual Studio Projects\Personal\MultiMiner\MultiMiner.Engine\MiningEngine.cs:ligne 73
   à MultiMiner.Win.MainForm.StartMiningLocally() dans d:\Data\Visual Studio Projects\Personal\MultiMiner\MultiMiner.Win\MainForm.cs:ligne 6041
   à System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   à System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   à System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   à System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   à System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   à System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Assemblys chargés **************
mscorlib
    Version de l'assembly : 2.0.0.0
    Version Win32 : 2.0.50727.7905 (win9rel.050727-7900)
    CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
MultiMiner.Win
    Version de l'assembly : 2.6.2.143
    Version Win32 : 2.6.2.143
    CodeBase : file[Suspicious link removed]
System.Drawing
    CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
    CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
MultiMiner.Utility
    CodeBase : file:///C:/Users/Daniel/AppData/Local/MultiMiner/MultiMiner.Utility.DLL
MultiMiner.Engine
    CodeBase : file:///C:/Users/Daniel/AppData/Local/MultiMiner/MultiMiner.Engine.DLL
MultiMiner.Xgminer.Api
    CodeBase : file:///C:/Users/Daniel/AppData/Local/MultiMiner/MultiMiner.Xgminer.Api.DLL
MultiMiner.Xgminer
    CodeBase : file:///C:/Users/Daniel/AppData/Local/MultiMiner/MultiMiner.Xgminer.DLL
System.Xml
    CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Windows.Forms.resources
    CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/2.0.0.0_fr_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll
System.Core
    Version de l'assembly : 3.5.0.0
    Version Win32 : 3.5.30729.7903 built by: Win9Rel
    CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
Accessibility
    CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
gxfq4rqx
    CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
wdzd2vwg
MultiMiner.Discovery
    CodeBase : file:///C:/Users/Daniel/AppData/Local/MultiMiner/MultiMiner.Discovery.DLL
MultiMiner.Remoting.Server
    CodeBase : file:///C:/Users/Daniel/AppData/Local/MultiMiner/MultiMiner.Remoting.Server.DLL
System.Web.Extensions
    Version Win32 : 3.5.30729.7903
    CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Web.Extensions/3.5.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/System.Web.Extensions.dll
xbicgrq5
qfj4oev8
MultiMiner.CoinWarz.Api
    CodeBase : file:///C:/Users/Daniel/AppData/Local/MultiMiner/MultiMiner.CoinWarz.Api.DLL
MultiMiner.Coin.Api
    CodeBase : file:///C:/Users/Daniel/AppData/Local/MultiMiner/MultiMiner.Coin.Api.DLL
MultiMiner.CoinChoose.Api
    CodeBase : file:///C:/Users/Daniel/AppData/Local/MultiMiner/MultiMiner.CoinChoose.Api.DLL
gx3lcfer
Newtonsoft.Json
    Version de l'assembly : 4.5.0.0
    Version Win32 : 5.0.8.16617
    CodeBase : file:///C:/Users/Daniel/AppData/Local/MultiMiner/Newtonsoft.Json.DLL
System.resources
    CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.resources/2.0.0.0_fr_b77a5c561934e089/System.resources.dll
mscorlib.resources
    CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
MultiMiner.Coinbase.Api
    CodeBase : file:///C:/Users/Daniel/AppData/Local/MultiMiner/MultiMiner.Coinbase.Api.DLL
vb6spoqy
ci8qgpgm
3prv-1t5
8dpgm2oc
System.ComponentModel.DataAnnotations
    Version Win32 : 3.5.30729.7903
    CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.ComponentModel.DataAnnotations/3.5.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/System.ComponentModel.DataAnnotations.dll
System.Runtime.Serialization
    Version de l'assembly : 3.0.0.0
    Version Win32 : 3.0.4506.7903 (Win9Rel.030729-7900)
    CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization/3.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll
System.Xml.Linq
    CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll
System.Data
    CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_64/System.Data/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
Interop.IWshRuntimeLibrary
    Version de l'assembly : 1.0.0.0
    Version Win32 : 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase : file:///C:/Users/Daniel/AppData/Local/MultiMiner/Interop.IWshRuntimeLibrary.DLL
vuyjxfq0
MultiMiner.Xgminer.Discovery
    CodeBase : file:///C:/Users/Daniel/AppData/Local/MultiMiner/MultiMiner.Xgminer.Discovery.DLL
MultiMiner.Services
    CodeBase : file:///C:/Users/Daniel/AppData/Local/MultiMiner/MultiMiner.Services.DLL
MultiMiner.Stats.Api
    CodeBase : file:///C:/Users/Daniel/AppData/Local/MultiMiner/MultiMiner.Stats.Api.DLL
MultiMiner.MobileMiner.Api
    CodeBase : file:///C:/Users/Daniel/AppData/Local/MultiMiner/MultiMiner.MobileMiner.Api.DLL
System.Core.resources
    CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core.resources/3.5.0.0_fr_b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.resources.dll

************** Débogage JIT **************
Pour activer le débogage juste-à-temps (JIT), le fichier de configuration pour cette
application ou cet ordinateur (machine.config) doit avoir la valeur
jitDebugging définie dans la section system.windows.forms.
L'application doit également être compilée avec le débogage
activé.

Par exemple :

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

Lorsque le débogage juste-à-temps est activé, les exceptions non gérées
seront envoyées au débogueur JIT inscrit sur l'ordinateur
plutôt que d'être gérées par cette boîte de dialogue.

At that point, the only way for me to get rid of it is to click "Quit", restart Multiminer, click yes to kill the process of the miner still running. From that point if i click start i will always get the same error as soon as i click so i have to either change from coinchoose to coinwarz (or the contrary) but the error will come back randomly. It seems that disabling the stategy do the trick too. I don't know if that problem can happen in the 32 bits version since i can't run it.
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 04:46:49 AM

Another problem is that when i start the 64 bits version, it runs fine for a while and then multiminer seems to pop up an error at random:

Thanks for the crash log. I've saved it and will look into the issue soon.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 04:50:58 AM

Putting out a call to see if anyone can help me, or refer me to someone who can, setup my 7970s for scrypt mining.

I've tried a few times in the past and cannot ever seem to get them to mine properly, e.g. with the arguments:

Code:
-g 2 -tc 8192 -I 13

AFAIK this should be the proper arguments after flashing the BIOS on the 7970.

I got these from RMAing my 7950s, and I've tried most/all of the 7970 BIOSs. Some don't show any video, some just don't mine, and them some mine but only with:

Code:
-g 1 -tc 22400 -I 20

And in this case I get around 605Kh/s.

In the past I've not cared too much as I was only losing about 35Kh/s. However, in order to address some of the scrypt features I want to work on in bfgminer I really need to get these running with the -g 2 argument.

Thanks in advance. And I'm really looking for direct, 1-on-1 help. I will pay, and can pay a fair amount etc. TeamViewer is setup and whatnot. And I've tried many things myself so I think it's something beyond the basics.

bensam123

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 06:59:30 AM

What's the problem with them? Not working is kinda vague. >>

My 7970s get from 700-750 kh/s with 8192 and g 2. It depends a lot on your clock speeds. I've also found if you change thread concurrencies a few different times on the same device it will sometimes hang/restart the driver/perform worse even with a completely valid TC value that you know works and have tried before. After driver resets you should always restart as you don't always get the same performance anymore.
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 07:21:57 AM

What's the problem with them? Not working is kinda vague. >>

If I run them with the following args I get around 300-400Kh/s tops:

Code:
-g 2 -tc 8192 -I 13

If I run them with these args I get around 600 Kh/s:

Code:
-g 1 -tc 22400 -I 20

Really no other issue. Just from everything I have read I should be able to "fix" them so they run with the first set of args at around 700Kh/s.

Pages: « 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 ... 186 »
  Print  

Jump to: