Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 05:36:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 ... 186 »
  Print  
Author Topic: MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device (Free, Open Source, Cross Platform)  (Read 827250 times)
nwoolls (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2014, 09:34:25 PM

nwools how goes grabbing miners out on the network for monitoring?

In case it gets swallowed up in other replies, I posted a preview of this feature above.

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 09:47:41 PM

Ok I emailed it to you.
Thanks for checking it out.
My Avalon will be here this week it will be fun to test out you new version.  Smiley

Here is a screenshot.  I was in front of the computer they are running on and everything was good yet Remoting was showing it was offline.

That's MobileMiner which is unrelated to MultiMiner Remoting. If MobileMiner is showing your rig offline it may be an API issue. I'll take a look on my end. Can you email me your MobileMiner app key?

Aurum

Activity: 453
Merit: 250

dfgfdgfdg

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2014, 10:09:44 PM
Last edit: February 01, 2014, 10:21:15 PM by Aurum

Simple, I plug my ASICs into my headless scrypt miners with 4 to 6 video cards running. MuM does a great job of dealing with them both!
So I select:
Don't mine coins less profitable than BitCoin, and
Mine all of the most profitable coins; Mine a single coin if it exceeds 150.

This works great for SHA coins and divides up my ASICs evenly mining either BTC by itself or BTC plus all others between 100 and 149.9 or putting all ASICs on a single SHA coin if its profitability exceeds 150% of BTC.

But, the problem is that with scrypt CoinWarz quotes profitability as a ridiculous percentage of BTC and not LTC as they should. Therefore, the top scrypt coins are listed with values in the thousands of percent, e.g. at this moment DOGe is on top with 6,931%. If I pick percentages based on scrypt my ASICs will shut down.

Thank you that gives me one half of the equation - but how is this negatively impacting your Scrypt mining?

Is it because of the inclusion of "Mine all of the most profitable coins"? And this makes all Scrypt devices mine a variety of coins?

I promise I'm not trying to be dense I'm just neck-deep in totally unrelated code!  Grin

If you can post screenshots even with little arrows saying "it shouldn't be doing this" it would be great. I can't address a lot of this stuff immediately so the more notes, pictures, etc. I have so that I can understand later, the better. Thanks!

There's no adverse scrypt issue. This is a request for an enhanced more versatile feature. I believe you mentioned you don't even mine scrypt so I fully understand why this sounds a bit odd. I just would like to be able to do for scrypt what I can already do for SHA coins. In fact, scrypt would benefit much more from mining the several leading contenders since scrypt coins do a lot more hoppin' and boppin' as they vie for the lead than SHA coins do.

On another topic, I totally gave up on CoinChoose as they're down too much and paid the CoinWarz guy to buy his API subscription. I'd much rather give the money to you. I suggest you incorporate profitability calcs into MuM. Collect the difficulties from the various blockchains and plug them into a formula. If you want to be a real SuperHero you could project the more predictable coins like UNO and ZET and switch all miners to them as they move towards exceeding BTC giving time for VarDiff to adjust up and maximize the benefit to the miner.

ghghghfgh
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2014, 10:24:34 PM

There's no adverse scrypt issue. This is a request for an enhanced more versatile feature. I believe you mentioned you don't even mine scrypt so I fully understand why this sounds a bit odd.

I still Scrypt mine I just don't use the Auto-Mine strategies (much) anymore. I still use them from time-to-time to ensure they aren't broken.

I just would like to be able to do for scrypt what I can already do for SHA coins. In fact, scrypt would benefit much more from mining the several leading contenders since scrypt coins do a lot more hoppin' and boppin' as they vie for the lead than SHA coins do.

I think that still leaves me with the same question. What is it about the current setup that makes this not work for Scrypt?

I do think I get it now but need you to confirm. I think it is because you tweak these settings for SHA, trying to mine several SHA coins with your ASICs, which means that all your Scrypt devices only mine a single coin because of the difference in profitability?

Please let me know if that's the case. I'm just trying to figure out your goal so I can make sure any changes I make achieve that.

On another topic, I totally gave up on CoinChoose as they're down too much and paid the CoinWarz guy to buy his API subscription. I'd much rather give the money to you. I suggest you incorporate profitability calcs into MuM. Collect the difficulties from the various blockchains and plug them into a formula. If you want to be a real SuperHero you could project the more predictable coins like UNO and ZET and switch all miners to them as they move towards exceeding BTC giving time for VarDiff to adjust up and maximize the benefit to the miner.

Noted and others have requested this as well. What can I say - maybe some day. It seems like sal002 had a heck of a job keeping all the blockchains updated and working, so it doesn't seem like it would be too easy. Plus it would be more hardware, bandwidth, etc. I have to pay for and then hope that the donations make it all pay off.

Again maybe some day, but for now I'll keep working around the CoinChoose.com issues and work on including things such as failover for the Coin API.

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
Aurum

Activity: 453

dfgfdgfdg

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2014, 10:37:49 PM

Yes. It's just as simple as what Raptor said:

Don't mine Scrypt coins less profitable than {percent or Scrypt coin choice box}
Don't mine SHA coins less profitable than {percent or SHA coin choice box}

Mine only the single most profitable Scrypt coin, or
Mine all of the most profitable Scrypt coins; Mine a single Scrypt coin if it exceeds {enter percent}

Mine only the single most profitable SHA coin, or
Mine all of the most profitable SHA coins; Mine a single SHA coin if it exceeds {enter percent}

You read my mind  Grin
I was sitting here thinking do I order an AntMiner S1 and now that I know your v2.6 will make it work I think I will.

ghghghfgh
tsg

Activity: 252
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 12:25:20 AM

Hi guys,

I use Multiminer with my r9 290s on win7.   

Should I add something like --temp overheat -- to my Scrypt or Multiminer will do it without my help when my cards are overheated?
Raptor2213

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 12:41:37 AM

Yes. It's just as simple as what Raptor said:

Don't mine Scrypt coins less profitable than {percent or Scrypt coin choice box}
Don't mine SHA coins less profitable than {percent or SHA coin choice box}

Mine only the single most profitable Scrypt coin, or
Mine all of the most profitable Scrypt coins; Mine a single Scrypt coin if it exceeds {enter percent}

Mine only the single most profitable SHA coin, or
Mine all of the most profitable SHA coins; Mine a single SHA coin if it exceeds {enter percent}

Aurum said exactly what I was thinking already.  (It's been a busy day at work)
It's mainly a matter of just being able to customize your auto-mining a little more without having to run two instances side-by-side.

Did something I say help you out?    BTC - 18oTipf66z8dbwTgRCiPjbdPmqEP7zuCFb
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2014, 12:53:22 AM

Should I add something like --temp overheat -- to my Scrypt or Multiminer will do it without my help when my cards are overheated?

You need to add these arguments under Settings > Advanced miner settings. Anything that you would normally use with bfgminer you can place there.

You can also use external tools such as Afterburner from MSI.

tsg

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 01:24:00 AM

You need to add these arguments under Settings > Advanced miner settings. Anything that you would normally use with bfgminer you can place there.

You can also use external tools such as Afterburner from MSI.

Thank you for your reply! I added:

--temp-overheat 85,85,85 --temp-cutoff 93,93,93

Is it ok?

Edit: nothing happenes when one of cards reaches 86-88 degrees.
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2014, 01:29:10 AM

Is it ok?

Check the Process Log window - it shows the arguments passed to bfgminer. Can you copy & paste those here? Note that they will include worker passwords you may want to clean up first.

tsg

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 01:36:09 AM

Is it ok?

Check the Process Log window - it shows the arguments passed to bfgminer. Can you copy & paste those here? Note that they will include worker passwords you may want to clean up first.

Everything is ok now. I had  to wait  a moment Smiley

Thank you for your help! Smiley

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2014, 02:31:37 AM
Last edit: February 02, 2014, 05:30:59 AM by nwoolls

Okay folks - time to ask for help from those who like to live on the edge  Grin

Version 2.6 of MultiMiner will include, among other things, automatic detection of network miners, e.g. AntMiner S1, MinePeon, etc. There is absolutely no configuration in MultiMiner. As long as the device is configured to allow API access, it should show up automatically in MultiMiner within a minute or so.

Here is a pre-release with the basics of this feature completed.

Thanks in advance for the feedback!

Version 2.6 PR2 (pre-release) is now available for testing for those with the time  Grin This feature is now completed for 2.6 so any feedback is very much appreciated. The rest of the features for 2.6 will involve MultiMiner Remoting.

Network Device Discovery

Download link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/akpsic6sru66mqe/MultiMiner-2.6.0.zip

This feature is - for now - completely automated. MultiMiner will automatically find RPC API servers on the local network. It will automatically filter out both its own miners and any miners pointed at its own Stratum Proxy. For now the UI assumes that these Network Devices are mining Bitcoin, though that will be expanded upon in the future.

Please, if you have time, kick the tires on this and let me know if you find any issues. This build also includes all of the latest fixes from the 2.5 versions.

Edit: I've updated the above download link with Version 2.6 PR3. This includes a few minor fixes as well as support for installing MultiMiner and bfgminer updates on all of your rigs at once via MultiMiner Remoting. Now this feature has the chicken-and-egg scenario - it won't kick in until the next public version is available. However, if you get your rigs on this 2.6.0 PR3 now, once 2.6.1 drops you should be able to update all your rigs with a single click.

brooklynite

Activity: 266

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 11:33:03 AM

I downloaded multiminer but the start button is greyed out. Is there instructions anywhere?
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2014, 01:24:42 PM

I downloaded multiminer but the start button is greyed out. Is there instructions anywhere?

There's a Getting Started blog post here:

http://blog.nwoolls.com/2013/12/11/bitcoin-mining-on-windows-multiminer/

And some instructions with a FAQ here:

https://github.com/nwoolls/MultiMiner/blob/master/README.md

It could definitely use more documentation if anyone has time to contribute.

If the Start button is disabled it means you either don't have any devices detected or they aren't configured with a Coin / Pool. If you have devices visible, right-click the device name and select a coin. If you haven't configured any coins, click the arrow next to Settings and then Coins.

Did you walk through the Getting Started wizard? That should have left you with everything setup, as long as you have a device capable of mining.

Maybe a screenshot would help?

ManeBjorn
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 04:11:16 PM

I'm getting unahandled exception errors today on the Win 8.1 system.
Remoting on the network then does not work.  No errors on the Win 7 system.
Version 2.5.6
A couple restarts of MuM and it stopped doing it and then Remoting works.
A bit weird.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2014, 04:25:38 PM

Please always post the details of unhandled exceptions either here or in a Github issue. I cannot fix them if I don't know what they are  Sad

ManeBjorn
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 04:30:57 PM

I planned on it next time it happened.  Sorry I did not this time.  Brain is not awake yet.

Please always post the details of unhandled exceptions either here or in a Github issue. I cannot fix them if I don't know what they are  Sad

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2014, 05:14:19 PM

I planned on it next time it happened.  Sorry I did not this time.  Brain is not awake yet.

No problem at all - posting for anyone else who's reading as well. It just helps me help you guys  Grin

brooklynite

Activity: 266

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 06:11:57 PM

There's a Getting Started blog post here:

http://blog.nwoolls.com/2013/12/11/bitcoin-mining-on-windows-multiminer/

And some instructions with a FAQ here:

https://github.com/nwoolls/MultiMiner/blob/master/README.md

It could definitely use more documentation if anyone has time to contribute.

If the Start button is disabled it means you either don't have any devices detected or they aren't configured with a Coin / Pool. If you have devices visible, right-click the device name and select a coin. If you haven't configured any coins, click the arrow next to Settings and then Coins.

Did you walk through the Getting Started wizard? That should have left you with everything setup, as long as you have a device capable of mining.

Maybe a screenshot would help?

Thank you I got it to work and I found out how to put in the --intensity etc commands from my cgminer .bat file into the application. If I may make a suggestion wouldnt it be easier to se up all the blank space for the START/STOP and SETTING/COINS/STRATEGY/PERKS instead of a drop down? I dont see a reason for having to click twice. Remember me, like most others, connect with a remote desktop VNC (I even do from my phone) so trying to AIM directly on that tiny little triangle is very difficult and doesnt even appear necessary when all that grey space is wide open.

Also, does the profit switching only work when 1% is donated? because I turned on perks but it doesnt switch coins just stuck on one and that is actually not the most profitable, also does not does it show the profitability etc on the main screen.
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2014, 06:28:37 PM

Remember me, like most others, connect with a remote desktop VNC (I even do from my phone) so trying to AIM directly on that tiny little triangle is very difficult and doesnt even appear necessary when all that grey space is wide open.

Click Settings > Advanced application settings. There you can enable the option to Use a standard menu designed for accessibility, if you prefer that format.

You can also right-click anywhere to bring up a context menu with most relevant commands. There are also tooltips that show on startup that call some of these things out.

Also, does the profit switching only work when 1% is donated? because I turned on perks but it doesnt switch coins just stuck on one and that is actually not the most profitable, also does not does it show the profitability etc on the main screen.

That is configured in the Strategies dialog, not the Perks dialog. Enabling Perks will display exchange rates and estimated income, but the Auto-Mining is configured in the Strategies screen.

As far as how often Coin data is fetched, that is controlled in Settings > Advanced service settings.

Pages: « 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 ... 186 »
  Print  

Jump to: