Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 02:22:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 ... 186 »
  Print  
Author Topic: MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device (Free, Open Source, Cross Platform)  (Read 827251 times)
djaychela

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 07:33:34 AM

Yes, I'd like to do it for only one coin, but also realise that's probably not what most people would do!  I had envisaged a "do a if condition a is true, otherwise do b" type setup, but appreciate this could become somewhat complex?

That's actually just the sort of description I needed. I already have a request for, basically, "custom" strategies that someone put into Github. But what I have been missing are examples of what people want to do that the current system cannot do.
OK, well, here goes:

I'd like an "if ... then ... else" system, I think... but with some timing built in - again now that someone's asked me it's time to go away from the "nebulous idea" stage, so I'm just roughing this out:

If [DGC difficulty < 8] then mine [DGC] for [8 hours/day]
else if [DOGE coins/day > 5000] AND [DOGE/BTC > 0.0000176] then mine [DOGE] for [16 hours/day]
else mine [LTC]

something like that - with the time being counted by multiminer and reset every 24h - one of the "time" options would be 'constantly' allowing that option to be mined all the time until the condition is no longer true.  That my two timed options add up to 24 hours is a coincidence BTW.

I realise this is probably either OTT or full of holes, but that was what I was thinking would make doing this (on admittedly a toy shop scale) easier.

"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
brooklynite

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 08:07:47 AM

nwoolls, Here is my .bat file for my 1x6970 + 3x7970s, the first part to delete BIN was the best thing I discovered on my own. Perfecting these numbers took about a month. I get steady 724k/s per 7970 card with a few HW errors which is worth it IMO. I could lose 100kh/s trying to save that tiny bit of HW error, not worth it. I hope this helps:

Code:
del C:\cgminer\*.bin

timeout /t 4
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1

cgminer --scrypt --intensity 18,13,13,13 --lookup-gap 2 --gpu-threads 2 -w 256 --thread-concurrency 8128,8128,8128,8128 --gpu-engine 930,1060,1060,1060 --gpu-memclock 1450,1450,1450,1450 -D --temp-target 80,70,70,70 --no-submit-stale --auto-fan -o stratum+tcp://us.mineworks.co:5545 -u [i]username[/i] -p [i]password[/i] --failover-only -o stratum+tcp://pool1.us.multipool.us:7777 -u brooklynite.1 -p x
brooklynite

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 08:15:10 AM

nwoolls, here is a funny request, when the strategy kicks in to switch a coin, can you make the cards switch one at a time like on a 30 second stagger? Its a funny request but I think that way the noise change from the fans would be less noticeable. I had the rig running last night on 15min intervals and I was sleeping in the same room, I think I woke up a lot. I was so tired in the morning as if I had not slept much. During the day my wife was at home and she complained about the same noise issue. I know it doesnt happen when the same coin is still the best to be mined but still happens often.

Also an option to always mine the top two coins only would be great too. Here is why, coinchoose shows litecoin as #3 right now and that is so wrong, litecoin is like the 15th or lower rate coin on coinwarz all the time.
Raptor2213

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 08:22:01 AM
Last edit: February 05, 2014, 09:21:10 AM by Raptor2213

Linux Installation (Debian-Based)

• Install the latest version of Mono

Code:
sudo apt get install mono-complete

• Install your chosen mining engine

Code:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:unit3/bfgminer
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install bfgminer

• Download and extract the .zip file at the above Downloads link
  • Run MultiMiner.Win.exe using mono:

Code:
mono MultiMiner.Win.exe

Generic Mono Installation

• Download and extract the zip file at the above Downloads link
  • Install bfgminer. For OS X, you can find packages and for doing so here and instructions for using them here.
  • Install X11. Under OS X you should install Xquartz available here.
  • Install the latest version of Mono.
  • Run MultiMiner.Win.exe using mono:

Code:
mono MultiMiner.Win.exe

Admittedly, I'm pretty bad with Linux, but from what I've been finding, PPA repos are only compatible with Ubuntu, not Debian.

Looks like the correct instructions for Debian are here:
https://www.btcguild.com/index.php?page=support&section=blockerupter
Seems to be working on my Pi.

Did something I say help you out?    BTC - 18oTipf66z8dbwTgRCiPjbdPmqEP7zuCFb
nwoolls (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 07:16:53 PM

Another problem is that when i start the 64 bits version, it runs fine for a while and then multiminer seems to pop up an error at random:

Code:
Consultez la fin de ce message pour plus de détails sur l'appel du débogage
juste-à-temps (JIT) à la place de cette boîte de dialogue.

************** Texte de l'exception **************
System.InvalidOperationException: La séquence contient plusieurs éléments correspondants.
   à System.Linq.Enumerable.Single[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
   à MultiMiner.Engine.MiningEngine.setupProcessStartInfo(MinerProcess minerProcess) dans d:\Data\Visual Studio Projects\Personal\MultiMiner\MultiMiner.Engine\MiningEngine.cs:ligne 162
   à MultiMiner.Engine.MiningEngine.StoreMinerProcess(Process process, String coinSymbol, MinerConfiguration minerConfiguration, Int32 port) dans d:\Data\Visual Studio Projects\Personal\MultiMiner\MultiMiner.Engine\MiningEngine.cs:ligne 591

Hi there. I've looked into this further. Do you have two coin configurations with the same name (right-click and click Coins)? This error seems to imply that is the case. If so please remove one of them. Adding two with the same name shouldn't technically be possible within the UI but it sounds like maybe you still got this into your configuration file.

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 07:19:19 PM

Admittedly, I'm pretty bad with Linux, but from what I've been finding, PPA repos are only compatible with Ubuntu, not Debian.

Looks like the correct instructions for Debian are here:
https://www.btcguild.com/index.php?page=support&section=blockerupter
Seems to be working on my Pi.

This is the sort of thing that, if you were interested and had the time, you (or really anyone) could fix and then contribute back to the project.

Anyone can add to the documentation by forking the repository, making a change (say to the readme) and then sending a pull request back to me. I can give more instructions if anyone needs help.

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 09:32:32 PM

I know it is a longshot but any news on adding DualMiner support yet?
I have one that arrived today.  It works well on it's custom software but the software will not coexist with MuM on the same system.
Normally I would move it to a 2nd system but the mainboard had blown up on the 2nd one so a no go until I can get a new MB.

soulistyce

Activity: 699
Merit: 510

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:51:56 PM

i bought an Antminer U1 but cant get any accepted with it on multiminer,
effective hashrate extremely low
on the latest bfgminer i use only -S antminer:all --set-device antminer:clock=x0781 and it works well
but not working on multiminer,
Please help, What can i do???
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 10:54:50 PM

I have one that arrived today.  It works well on it's custom software but the software will not coexist with MuM on the same system.

Nothing to report yet. Hopefully soon. Luke and I both have some scrypt hardware bits on the way.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 10:56:14 PM

on the latest bfgminer i use only -S antminer:all --set-device antminer:clock=x0781 and it works well

Stop mining in MultiMiner. Show the Process Log screen. Then right-click the entry for bfgminer in the Process Log screen and click Launch. This will launch bfgminer with the same arguments MultiMiner is using. You should see the same results - that something is preventing it from getting successful shares.

Once its been mining for several minutes in bfgminer alone, post a screenshot of that window.

Phoenix48

Activity: 43

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 11:05:59 PM

Another problem is that when i start the 64 bits version, it runs fine for a while and then multiminer seems to pop up an error at random:

Code:
Consultez la fin de ce message pour plus de détails sur l'appel du débogage
juste-à-temps (JIT) à la place de cette boîte de dialogue.

************** Texte de l'exception **************
System.InvalidOperationException: La séquence contient plusieurs éléments correspondants.
   à System.Linq.Enumerable.Single[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
   à MultiMiner.Engine.MiningEngine.setupProcessStartInfo(MinerProcess minerProcess) dans d:\Data\Visual Studio Projects\Personal\MultiMiner\MultiMiner.Engine\MiningEngine.cs:ligne 162
   à MultiMiner.Engine.MiningEngine.StoreMinerProcess(Process process, String coinSymbol, MinerConfiguration minerConfiguration, Int32 port) dans d:\Data\Visual Studio Projects\Personal\MultiMiner\MultiMiner.Engine\MiningEngine.cs:ligne 591

Hi there. I've looked into this further. Do you have two coin configurations with the same name (right-click and click Coins)? This error seems to imply that is the case. If so please remove one of them. Adding two with the same name shouldn't technically be possible within the UI but it sounds like maybe you still got this into your configuration file.

Yes, i have 2 Dogecoin and 2 Mooncoin in my list. Originally, the reason was when i switched from coinchoose to coinwarz. The difference in both API were (DOG) from coinchoose and (DOGE) from coinwarz. The same happened for Mooncoin (MOO) and (MOON). So when i switched to coinwarz (when coinchoose didn't work) it poposed to add the (DOGE) and (MOON). So i added them to be sure they could be mined.

So my question is this. If i remove one of each, will Multiminer mine them even if i am on the other API? As an example, if i remove Dogecoin (DOGE)(Which is coinwarz version) and keep Dogecoin (DOG)(coinchoose version) and use coinwarz just one day because coinchoose is out, will it use Dogecoin (DOG) or Multiminer won't mine that coin for that day? I am just trying to know if that make a difference in Multiminer and to know if it uses the coin denomination in any way to swith coin or if only the name matters and the denomination has no importance whatever which API we use.
ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 11:14:27 PM

That's cool.
I did make them finally co-exist.  I had to stop running MMC mining on the system with the CPU.
Still can't wait for DualMiner support and MMC cpu mining support in the future.
Thanks for the all the work and enjoy the asic scrypt miners.  I cannot believe how cool the DualMiner runs.  I am sure that they could be overclocked to even better results once they release the info to allow it.
Pure scrypt mode it's only warm and cranks out 75 kh/s almost 80kh/s now that I have it on the beast USB hub with the fan blowing over it.

Nothing to report yet. Hopefully soon. Luke and I both have some scrypt hardware bits on the way.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 11:15:30 PM

So my question is this. If i remove one of each, will Multiminer mine them even if i am on the other API? As an example, if i remove Dogecoin (DOGE)(Which is coinwarz version) and keep Dogecoin (DOG)(coinchoose version) and use coinwarz just one day because coinchoose is out, will it use Dogecoin (DOG) or Multiminer won't mine that coin for that day? I am just trying to know if that make a difference in Multiminer and to know if it uses the coin denomination in any way to swith coin or if only the name matters and the denomination has no importance whatever which API we use.

There is code for handling DOGE/DOG in there already, but no others.

You can have both coin configurations in there, you just need to give them different names. The error is because you have multiple configurations with the exact same name. Call one Dogecoin-DOGE if you want (for example).

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 11:17:08 PM

By-the-by folks, with the latest code on Github you can now download the source and compile / build / run / debug without modification on OS X, Linux, and Windows with MonoDevelop 4.0.

I plan on doing an article about contributing to the project (some day), but in the meantime wanted to put the word out about that.

Phoenix48

Activity: 43

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 11:28:38 PM

There is code for handling DOGE/DOG in there already, but no others.

You can have both coin configurations in there, you just need to give them different names. The error is because you have multiple configurations with the exact same name. Call one Dogecoin-DOGE if you want (for example).

Ok i changed the names to Dogecoin-DOG, Dogecoin-DOGE, Mooncoin-MOO and Mooncoin-MOON and now it works perfectly. Thank you for the help.
soulistyce

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 11:36:49 PM

Stop mining in MultiMiner. Show the Process Log screen. Then right-click the entry for bfgminer in the Process Log screen and click Launch. This will launch bfgminer with the same arguments MultiMiner is using. You should see the same results - that something is preventing it from getting successful shares.

Once its been mining for several minutes in bfgminer alone, post a screenshot of that window.

well ive done it and i was able to get some accepted but effective started on 1.3ghs and drop to what ive  shown
even my erupters are giving more than the antminer

and still droping hashrate
can i do anything
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 11:42:23 PM

can i do anything

Are you using a powered USB hub? You should not be getting 15% HW errors, more like less than 1%. Maybe it's not getting enough power?

soulistyce

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 11:42:53 PM

well ive done it and i was able to get some accepted but effective started on 1.3ghs and drop to what ive  shown
even my erupters are giving more than the antminer

can i do anything

nevermind i found what was my problem
is something to do with my hub because i plug in directly on the usb cpu and its working fine
sorry to bother you, but thanks
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 11:44:00 PM

nevermind i found what was my problem
is something to do with my hub because i plug in directly on the usb cpu and its working fine
sorry to bother you, but thanks

My pleasure!  Grin

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2014, 05:34:30 AM

nwoolls, Here is my .bat file for my 1x6970 + 3x7970s, the first part to delete BIN was the best thing I discovered on my own. Perfecting these numbers took about a month. I get steady 724k/s per 7970 card with a few HW errors which is worth it IMO. I could lose 100kh/s trying to save that tiny bit of HW error, not worth it. I hope this helps:

So I am trying this again tonight. I have removed all cards except one 7970, and I these are the results I am seeing:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5o04h1x0v7wx4gf/7970-scrypt-a.png

This is generally the poor performance I see unless I revert to thread concurrency 22400 and GPU threads 1. I'm going to try upgrading AMD drivers next, followed by flashing the BIOS some more.

Pages: « 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 ... 186 »
  Print  

Jump to: