Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:38:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 ... 186 »
  Print  
Author Topic: MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device (Free, Open Source, Cross Platform)  (Read 827251 times)
Raptor2213

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 12:55:41 AM

I have my miner set up with multiple pool configurations for failover.  I have it configured to mine to multiple pools at once on:
  • certain pools where the coins are fast and low value
  • pools that I need to 'fill' to make an auto payout

My problem is that MM seems to ignore the --balance or --load-balance function and mines to one pool only.
I'm having the problem with BitCoins using AntMiners. The issue happens no matter if I put the --balance flag on the coin, or the miner settings.

nwoolls, any idea what could be causing this yet?

Did something I say help you out?    BTC - 18oTipf66z8dbwTgRCiPjbdPmqEP7zuCFb

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nwoolls (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2014, 07:17:50 AM

multiminer not showing my CPU nor integrated graphics card(even tho it's running as well). Any ideas?

You'll need to download or compile a version of BFGMiner with CPU support enabled. The distributed version has CPU mining disabled as it gets flagged by virus scanners. Also integrated Intel graphics cards are not capable of mining.

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2014, 07:19:12 AM

Yes it's caused by the use of the --quota option in BFGMiner. By using --quota to split up work between pools, it overrides / conflicts with the additional --load-balance settings.

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2014, 07:21:40 AM

I'm running MuM 2.6.2 on a new miner with Windows 8.1 for the first time. It keeps doing something that's never happened with Win7. It crashes and when I restart it it seems like it's awakening from Sleep. The MuM popups say that several files like NetworkDevicesConfiguration.xml and KnownCoinsCache.xml have a value of zero. It does not start automatically but when I look at the config it seems to have everything as I set it up.

Thanks for the report. The XML file part is normal and is handling an otherwise larger error - the original crash caused the XML files to become corrupt.

By crash to you mean that a dialog came up with the option to Continue? Or that it actually crashed the entire app? If it crashed the entire app can you take a look at this?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=248173.msg5044856#msg5044856

Let me know if it is the same issue as I already have a build put together with some extra logging.

Raptor2213

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 07:27:55 AM

Yes it's caused by the use of the --quota option in BFGMiner. By using --quota to split up work between pools, it overrides / conflicts with the additional --load-balance settings.

I'm not using the --quota option.  Is there a way to accomplish what I'm trying to do?

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2014, 07:30:58 AM

I'm not using the --quota option.  Is there a way to accomplish what I'm trying to do?

No, not without changing the way MultiMiner handles pools. I'd have to give it some thought.

Raptor2213

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 07:36:31 AM

No, not without changing the way MultiMiner handles pools. I'd have to give it some thought.

Alright, thanks.
Could it be just a matter of looking for a --balance flag and changing the pool queuing appropriately?

crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 01:31:44 PM

SO my firmwares been updated and stratum's is sort of working though proxy configuration however keeps on connecting mining and then after a few min disconnecting. Is thier anything I need to put in miner details to mine with ? qht username and pass should be used when connecting to stratum proxy

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 01:45:48 PM

Idea for next release.

To have multipul username configurations for pool mining though stratum proxy. Have managed to get working however pool on notices as one worker connected up. multipul usernames for one pool configuration would be a nice feature to have so that you can assign each miner to its own name and matches pool workers.

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
compile

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 09:27:34 PM

I can't get this to work with my r9 270x.

If I put -I 13 in Advanced miner settings its fine.

If i add  --thread-concurrency 15508 it doesn't start (also any other commands as well). 

Am I doing something wrong?
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2014, 09:29:33 PM

If i add  --thread-concurrency 15508 it doesn't start (also any other commands as well). 

Do these settings work in BFGMiner outside of MultiMiner? Unfortunately I don't have R9 hardware to test with but I know others are using them successfully.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2014, 09:30:58 PM

To have multipul username configurations for pool mining though stratum proxy. Have managed to get working however pool on notices as one worker connected up. multipul usernames for one pool configuration would be a nice feature to have so that you can assign each miner to its own name and matches pool workers.

It's on the to-do for BFGMiner. That is where it would need to be implemented, not in MultiMiner. Right now the proxy in BFGMiner is basically a "driver" that is just passing work on to the main pool with the main username & password.

You can double-click the Proxy device in MultiMiner and see the stats for each individual worker on the right hand side though. Just give each one a unique worker name.

zKarp

Activity: 38

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 09:40:19 PM

You'll need to download or compile a version of BFGMiner with CPU support enabled. The distributed version has CPU mining disabled as it gets flagged by virus scanners.
Thanks I will try that.

Also integrated Intel graphics cards are not capable of mining.
I was mining with it before I got a graphics card for my desktop.
compile

Activity: 51

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 09:41:34 PM

Do these settings work in BFGMiner outside of MultiMiner? Unfortunately I don't have R9 hardware to test with but I know others are using them successfully.

I've only been using cgminer. When I get home I'll test out bfgminer as you suggested.
ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 09:52:03 PM

Some motherboards disable the on-board graphics if a separate card is installed.  You may need to check into that.

You'll need to download or compile a version of BFGMiner with CPU support enabled. The distributed version has CPU mining disabled as it gets flagged by virus scanners.
Thanks I will try that.

Also integrated Intel graphics cards are not capable of mining.
I was mining with it before I got a graphics card for my desktop.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2014, 09:53:56 PM

MultiMiner version 2.6.3 is now available. This includes bug fixes, code cleanup, and compatibility between OS platforms when using MultiMiner Remoting:

• Source code can now be compiled out-of-the-box on Linux, OS X, and Windows using MonoDevelop 4.0
  • MultiMiner Remoting is now fully compatible between Linux, OS X, and Windows rigs on your network
  • Additional information is now logged on unhandled errors to aid troubleshooting
  • MultiMiner now passes --log when launching BFGMiner to ensure consistent RPC API information (in preparation for new defaults in BFGMiner 4.0)
  • Addressed inability to toggle device checkboxes while mining
  • Coin configurations added via Remoting were not immediately visible in the UI
  • Additional fixes for handling different coin symbols from Coin APIs - e.g. DOG vs DOGE
  • Fixed error ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range
  • Fixed ability to add two coin configurations with identical names

Blackbird0

Activity: 207

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 11:37:19 PM

Just wanted to add my voice to the chorus that I'm very interested in seeing MultiMiner and your work on BFGMiner support the new DualMiner USB.
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2014, 11:39:16 PM

Just wanted to add my voice to the chorus that I'm very interested in seeing MultiMiner and your work on BFGMiner support the new DualMiner USB.

Hit a roadblock but working on it. Shouldn't be long.

ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 11:40:19 PM

Is there a bit of instructions somewhere on what I would need to configure to get the API to show up on the networked device?
I have an Avalon and I have API Allow enabled on the the unit but I am not sure what to do from there.
Thanks

Okay folks - time to ask for help from those who like to live on the edge  Grin

Version 2.6 of MultiMiner will include, among other things, automatic detection of network miners, e.g. AntMiner S1, MinePeon, etc. There is absolutely no configuration in MultiMiner. As long as the device is configured to allow API access, it should show up automatically in MultiMiner within a minute or so.

Here is a pre-release with the basics of this feature completed.

Thanks in advance for the feedback!

Version 2.6 PR2 (pre-release) is now available for testing for those with the time  Grin This feature is now completed for 2.6 so any feedback is very much appreciated. The rest of the features for 2.6 will involve MultiMiner Remoting.

Network Device Discovery

Download link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/akpsic6sru66mqe/MultiMiner-2.6.0.zip

This feature is - for now - completely automated. MultiMiner will automatically find RPC API servers on the local network. It will automatically filter out both its own miners and any miners pointed at its own Stratum Proxy. For now the UI assumes that these Network Devices are mining Bitcoin, though that will be expanded upon in the future.

Please, if you have time, kick the tires on this and let me know if you find any issues. This build also includes all of the latest fixes from the 2.5 versions.

Edit: I've updated the above download link with Version 2.6 PR3. This includes a few minor fixes as well as support for installing MultiMiner and bfgminer updates on all of your rigs at once via MultiMiner Remoting. Now this feature has the chicken-and-egg scenario - it won't kick in until the next public version is available. However, if you get your rigs on this 2.6.0 PR3 now, once 2.6.1 drops you should be able to update all your rigs with a single click.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2014, 11:44:56 PM

Is there a bit of instructions somewhere on what I would need to configure to get the API to show up on the networked device?
I have an Avalon and I have API Allow enabled on the the unit but I am not sure what to do from there.

You need to add the following arguments:

Code:
--api-listen --api-allow W:127.0.0.1,192.168.0.0/24

Swap out the IP address and range for your own local network. After that you just need to wait a few minutes and it should show up in MultiMiner.

Pages: « 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 ... 186 »
  Print  

Jump to: