Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:12:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 186 »
  Print  
Author Topic: MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device (Free, Open Source, Cross Platform)  (Read 827250 times)
nwoolls (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2013, 03:02:41 AM
Last edit: August 10, 2013, 04:32:50 AM by nwoolls

Alrighty folks. This is a big one so I've tagged this as a prelease. If you'd be so kind as to kick the tires on this and let me know if you find any issues, especially show-stoppers, that would be super.

Prelease version 1.1.14

• Add a Getting Started wizard to help new users get started mining
  • Log the coins mined, date started and stopped, price when mining started and stopped, and which devices were used to mine the coin
  • Support reordering pools in the Configure Coins dialog
  • Added the ability to specify the priority of the miner process launched
  • Show the Work Utility in the main screen statistics
  • Updated MobileMiner API calls to the live URL (https://api.mobileminerapp.com)
  • Handle JSON errors parsing MobileMiner calls
  • Detect and remove empty mining pool configurations (rather than crashing)
  • Detect .conf files that may interfere with mining and warn the user
  • Rewrite the readme with more focus on new users
  • Validate the MobileMiner email address and API key to help users enter their settings
  • Show a proper error if the MobileMiner credentials are wrong (rather than no statistics showing)
  • Show a proper error if the mining pool credentials are wrong

For extra credit, please test the Getting Started wizard:

To do this:

• Close MultiMiner
  • Open up Windows Explorer
  • Input %appdata% into the address bar, press the Return key
  • Rename the existing MultiMiner folder to MultiMiner.bak
  • Launch MultiMiner and walk through the wizard

Once you are done:

• Close MultiMiner
  • Delete the new MultiMiner folder in Windows Explorer
  • Rename MultiMiner.bak back to MultiMiner
  • Launch MultiMiner - your original settings will be restored

Thanks everyone! If nobody yells at me because I broke everything in a couple of days I'll make this a stable release.  Grin

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2013, 03:44:56 AM

Another v1.1 preview release is available here. This includes:

• Official support for running on Linux
  • Show device "numbers" (1-based) instead of device "indexes" (0-based) in the History
  • Various UI updates and improvements
  • Minor bug fixes

Hooray Linux support!  Grin

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
atomicchaos

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 04:14:20 AM

Wow, you're just churning things out, thank you! I loaded one rig with the 1.1.14, but haven't gotten a chance to look closely. It has been stable for a few hours. Will try to get more rigs loaded with it over the weekend.

BTC:113mFe2e3oRkZQ5GeqKhoHbGtVw16unnw2
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2013, 04:29:10 AM

Wow, you're just churning things out, thank you! I loaded one rig with the 1.1.14, but haven't gotten a chance to look closely. It has been stable for a few hours. Will try to get more rigs loaded with it over the weekend.

Much appreciated!

If you are feeling frisky, put the wrong values into the wrong fields. Put in the wrong settings. Try to break it. Use the Debug zip file and CTRL+C & CTRL+V the errors here.

I've tried very much to make v1.1 a "friendlier" version. While MultiMiner was originally meant to be a bit of a power-user application for choosing which coin each-and-every device will mine, now a lot of folks are installing MultiMiner after they find MobileMiner on the iOS App Store. I want to make sure the casual user (as opposed to the computer veterans on the Bitcoin forums  Grin) can get mining without headaches - or at least un-handled crashes.

prometheuss

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 08:04:01 PM

never ask a noob to try to break anything it just comes naturally  Roll Eyes
http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag69/anybody5150/photo3_zps0b53ccf9.png
i click continue and it comes up fine fill out all the info coins,strategies and settings goto start and then boom!!!
http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag69/anybody5150/photo4_zps74e115a2.png
restart it and all goes well untill i try to add another coin then i get the same error as above comes up and it stops mining
go back to mining a single coin and all is well
hope thats detailed enough info for you
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2013, 08:22:30 PM

never ask a noob to try to break anything it just comes naturally  Roll Eyes

Trust me I'm happy to have the feedback. I want the app to be stable for users.  Grin

The first error is not really something I can handle. I mean I guess I could put in some sort of retry logic but basically your Internet connection to the official cgminer website was broken during the download.

Regarding the second error, could I ask you to do me one more favor? Can you open a command prompt inside the cgminer folder and run the same command shown in the error? e.g.:

Code:
cgminer --scrypt etc. etc.

You can actually use CTRL+C when the error is visible to capture all the text, paste it into say Notepad.exe, and then copy out the arguments. Let me know the exact output of cgminer so I can see what is causing it to fail.

I do see that the --scrypt argument is provided twice. You do not need to put that into your settings. MultiMiner automatically provides that.

Does the app work well once you restore your settings back?

Thanks very much for the feedback. I really do appreciate it!

prometheuss

Activity: 17

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 11:37:16 PM

Regarding the second error, could I ask you to do me one more favor? Can you open a command prompt inside the cgminer folder and run the same command shown in the error? e.g.:

so now after playing around for awhile ive found it ....there was space between the server and the port that cgminer didnt like at all
it seems when i typed in the server name in the host box i put a space after the server name(stratum+tcp://pool.fcpool.com<space>) and multiminer added it to the argument
Code:
cgminer --scrypt --lookup-gap 2 -I 19 -g 1 -w 256 --thread-concurrency 21712 --gpu-engine 1050 --gpu-memclock 1400 --gpu-vddc 1.087 --temp-target 79 --auto-fan   -T -o    stratum+tcp://pool.fcpool.com :3334 -u noob.1 -p nub -d 0 -d 1 --scrypt --api-listen --api-port 4028 --api-allow W:127.0.0.1
and that why one coin was working and the other wasnt

hope that helps and thanks for the help
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2013, 11:58:42 PM

so now after playing around for awhile ive found it ....there was space between the server and the port that cgminer didnt like at all
it seems when i typed in the server name in the host box i put a space after the server name(stratum+tcp://pool.fcpool.com<space>) and multiminer added it to the argument
Code:
cgminer --scrypt --lookup-gap 2 -I 19 -g 1 -w 256 --thread-concurrency 21712 --gpu-engine 1050 --gpu-memclock 1400 --gpu-vddc 1.087 --temp-target 79 --auto-fan   -T -o    stratum+tcp://pool.fcpool.com :3334 -u noob.1 -p nub -d 0 -d 1 --scrypt --api-listen --api-port 4028 --api-allow W:127.0.0.1
and that why one coin was working and the other wasnt
hope that helps and thanks for the help

Awesome man you rock - thanks for narrowing that down. I'll figure out the exact output from cgminer/bfgminer when that is the case and show an appropriate dialog for it in MultiMiner.

purelithium

Activity: 504

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 12:38:38 AM

Is there any way for you to parse out a space like that that gets entered in the dialog? Why not disallow spaces in the server URL text box?

Like my post? 1H7bfRYh7F89mfmFgsRCdn4awDaUHQmYqY
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 12:53:14 AM

Is there any way for you to parse out a space like that that gets entered in the dialog? Why not disallow spaces in the server URL text box?

It's already done for the next version  Smiley I also have the exact errors from the miners included in the crash dialog if the miner cannot be launched successfully. So covered from both sides.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 01:07:25 AM

Okay folks I'm going to pull v1.1 out of pre-release status with v1.1.16, which is available now. This includes a few minor changes, thanks to feedback from prometheuss:

• Trim spaces from values entered by users to prevent errors from cgminer/bfgminer
  • Show the errors returned by cgminer/bfgminer if MultiMiner is unable to launch mining engine
  • Show the coin name in the Process Log window

Going back to working on the Android version of MobileMiner which is going very well. That should be ready in a couple of days. Happy mining!  Grin

atomicchaos

Activity: 630

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 04:25:28 AM

Just as a heads up.. CK's website is down, so if you are downloading this and having errors during the install, it's because it can't connect to the CGminer download site. I'm sure it will be back up soon, but just in case someone else has an issue...

BTC:113mFe2e3oRkZQ5GeqKhoHbGtVw16unnw2
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 04:31:46 AM

Just as a heads up.. CK's website is down, so if you are downloading this and having errors during the install, it's because it can't connect to the CGminer download site. I'm sure it will be back up soon, but just in case someone else has an issue...

Awesome thanks for the head's up. That does explain a couple of errors reported. I appreciate it!

snowweb

Activity: 10

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 11:12:12 AM

Trying to install MultiMiner on Linux.

Did this:
Code:
sudo apt get install mono-complete

Install your chosen mining engine

Code:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:unit3/bfgminer
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install bfgminer

Download and extract the .zip file at the above Binary Downloads link
    Run MultiMiner.Win.exe using mono:

Code:

mono MultiMiner.Win.exe

but got "No such file or directory" for the last command.

A quick look in the zip file confirms that it's not there. Did I download the correct zip file?

The file I downloaded was from the zip link on http://nwoolls.github.io/MultiMiner/ (because I couldn't find a "Binary Downloads" link above as suggested in the instructions.

Thanks for your hardwork.

purelithium

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 02:46:04 PM

I noticed a little annoyance with MobileMinerApp:

When you select a Machine, and then navigate to the Devices, it lists every device that was ever connected to that machine, not just currently running devices. I moved all my ASICs to a different rig, but they still show in the devices window of the original machine. The Hashrates are properly reported though.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 03:12:56 PM

I noticed a little annoyance with MobileMinerApp:

When you select a Machine, and then navigate to the Devices, it lists every device that was ever connected to that machine, not just currently running devices. I moved all my ASICs to a different rig, but they still show in the devices window of the original machine. The Hashrates are properly reported though.

Thanks for the feedback. I actually have a to-do on my list for the next version so that you can swipe to remove old devices (like you currently can for machines). Shouldn't be too long until I get around to that.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 03:16:08 PM

but got "No such file or directory" for the last command.

A quick look in the zip file confirms that it's not there. Did I download the correct zip file?

The file I downloaded was from the zip link on http://nwoolls.github.io/MultiMiner/ (because I couldn't find a "Binary Downloads" link above as suggested in the instructions.

Thanks for your hardwork.

So sorry for the confusion! I'll fix the wording. I renamed "Binary Downloads" to just "Downloads". Follow the "Downloads" link to here and then download either the regular .zip file or the Debug .zip file.

purelithium

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 12:48:38 AM

Thanks for the feedback. I actually have a to-do on my list for the next version so that you can swipe to remove old devices (like you currently can for machines). Shouldn't be too long until I get around to that.

But if the API isn't supplying data on those devices, shouldn't the app just remove them from its list automatically?

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 01:18:59 AM

But if the API isn't supplying data on those devices, shouldn't the app just remove them from its list automatically?

Possibly - I'll add it to my list to look at after I finish the Android app.

snowweb

Activity: 10

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 02:11:33 AM

So sorry for the confusion! I'll fix the wording. I renamed "Binary Downloads" to just "Downloads". Follow the "Downloads" link to here and then download either the regular .zip file or the Debug .zip file.

Thanks Sir!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 186 »
  Print  

Jump to: