Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:02:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 [341] 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 ... 443 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [QRK] Quark | Core 0.10 upgrade  (Read 1031111 times)
maok

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 05:14:34 PM

@digitalindustry

thanks for bringing the higher reward block into discussion every time, you never know once its get adopted you'll be the retarded one for opposing it in almost every thread you participate in with a totally different subject. A crypto coin heartbeat is the network hashing power, not its investors not its community(if both don't protect it by mining it or by supporting mining in different ways then the community and investors are an assembly for other reasons not for a crypto coin).

Thanks to Max and our dev team we are protected against double spends attacks by using an automatic checkpoint system, which by the way is centralized into a single trusted node, but that in turn makes our coin the most secure on the market, far more protected than Bitcoin which is at the mercy of giant pools.  However, we are still liable to attacks by those miners who will refuse to insert the new transactions into new blocks, those miners will pass the checkpoint system and we will find ourselves with transactions getting delayed for many minutes or hours until an honest miner includes them into a block.  

We need to search for real solutions to this issue, one of which I first read in the IRC chat, proposed by Max which was to use a lotto-type reward every once in a while so that we attract new miners into Quark. Of course with a lot of debate among quarkers and with lots of calculation made so that the inflation doesn't get above 0.5% p.a.

This by no means is the reason for Quark decade over the past months. It also has nothing to do with the price. The reason for being against this solution is incredible stupid because the extra 100K added annually quarks will not affect any current investors, more likely will protect them further by being part of a healthier network. But do go on, continue your ramble all day long about trolls and memes, both of which you are and respectively use in almost every post.

QRKHn6UK3ToS53V6jD1rYWRYS4mxQ1mako
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▀▄▀▄▀ Quark core wallet updates  ▀▄▀▄▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
maok

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 05:23:27 PM

Hey Netnox, this must be obviously a good development and it is of course intended and planned.  It only shows that the real boom is not far...

The development should have come from all quarkers not only its coders. The failure to keep the momentum that Quark had back in December should also be put to the shoulders of the leading core supporters. If the good development and course wasn't as expected then why only blame and be sarcastic about others(namely Kolin) ?

georgem
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 05:37:09 PM
Last edit: August 11, 2014, 06:47:04 PM by georgem

Noone forces you into agreeing with the premise and if the concept is carried out then still noone forces you to burn tokens. This is not a fork proposal. Whoever wants to participate participates, whoever prefers to stay stays. However, if you complain about the concept you should ar least know what it is about, otherwise it makes your whole point look quite ridiculous.  

Ok, if you can guarantee that Quark Fork is not necessary for this, then I really don't care what you do, since it is outside of quark sphere.
Good, if no one is forced directly to burn tokens, then go ahead.

It's you who makes the extraordinairy claim that this maneuver (companion coin?) is going to help quarks price, so it's you who have to provide extraordinairy proof for that.

Extraordinairy claims require extraordinairy evidence.
It's not my job to prove to you that you are wrong.
It's your job to prove to me that you are right.

Btw. Georgem what serious business have YOU built for Quark? Instead of asking others to not waste their time with utter nonsense you should maybe do something for Quark on your own. Or have I overseen your rich contributions? Haven't seen any.

I am working on something big (software development thru QRK funding), but contrary to the coin and price manipulation you advocate, my project consists of real world economy to make quark successful, NOT trying to manipulate the coin into success.

In the meantime, enjoy my GIFs (that I create to help evolve and develop quarks brand)

quarkfx

Activity: 396

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 06:18:33 PM

The development should have come from all quarkers not only its coders. The failure to keep the momentum that Quark had back in December should also be put to the shoulders of the leading core supporters. If the good development and course wasn't as expected then why only blame and be sarcastic about others(namely Kolin) ?

I don't blame Kolin, in fact I already argued multiple time against scapegoating - if you read it differently: quote me. But yes I am sarcastic sometimes when I read certain statements and I guess that is not forbidden, is it? It is even likely that I become more sarcastic since I have to spend a lot of time to clarify things that are willingly or unwillingly misinterpreted. Your narrative is "We only need to stick together and everything's gonna be fine". I was part of that "sticking together" and don't find it promising anymore. Please leave me my personal experience, I don't mind you having your own and then we talk again. I

@georgem

It's you who makes the extraordinairy claim that this maneuver (companion coin?) is going to help quarks price, so it's you who have to provide extraordinairy proof for that.

This is not a companion coin. Go and do the reading then we can talk. My personal opinion is that Quark will disappear and become a niche coin like many others. I expext this because it has been the development for months and without  a critical user base it doesn't appear likely to change. Your expectation appears to be that people will suddenly see Quark as the solvation to all their problems and make it a full sucess. Keep that thinking, to me it resembles like classical messianism and I don't really like it. From what I read it is totally fine with me that you prefer to go another way.

I am working on something big (software development thru QRK funding)

Sorry for not freakin out. It's just that I heard this too many times (e.g. in one video with Kolin and Bill Still) and I don't trust in magical promises. If you have something to present, present it. Everybody can announce the next big thing. If you can't show anything its better to remain silent until you can. I would be gladly proven wrong on this case, but I don't believe it.
georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 06:26:16 PM
Last edit: August 11, 2014, 06:42:55 PM by georgem

Your reason for "not being sympathetic to the whole premise"?

Let's start getting specific. Explain in detail exactly how this could be negative for qrk.  It seems like it could with a bit of tweaking solve a lot of qrks current issues.

QRK is regarded as a dying/dead project by most of the board.

Not by me, who in his right mind would call a 1 year old project dead... and then again, only pointing to a low price as evidence of death?
Well, obviously it's someone who thought this is a get rich quick scheme but who is disappointed because qrk growth will take longer than expected.

Also how much qrk do each of you own.

To enter into discussions people should really have a reasonable steak in the coin. Who knows if half these people simply making comments even have any qrk. Some have probably sold out and want the prices driven lower to buy back in or else could be from other coin communities. We really need to establish who is really motivated to see qrk move up from here.

This all sounds so bizarre to me.... your thoughts reveal your true intentions.
You make it sound like quark has now become the coin of the selected few investors club... and ONLY they should be allowed to have a voice, etc...

I remember the first weeks and months of quark, when it was praised as the little guys coin.
Everybody can participate and mine this coin, etc... that was the credo back then.

Not anymore?

I VERY much like the idea of taxing those that don't stake the coin.

?
What are you, a government?
What's with all that constant "tax talk" ?

Also these players are killing a crypto with their pump and dumps. It will give the coin a bad reputation where people will say it's another pump and dump, this coin is limiting the ability of these guys to ruin a coin with their scheme and it's actually the first that i've seen which has come up with a model to do this and instead aims for a steady rise with less hardcore dumping. This give the coin much more credibility imo.

If you want to dump all your coins whenever you want there are enough cryptos and i think with all these pump and dump schemes there should be space for new models like these who is adapted to these schemes.

Pump and Dump. Most misused words of the last years.
Is bitcoin a pump and dump? I wouldn't call it that, but Mainstream Media still does so to this day.
How can they do that? Well, because to the outsiders who don't understand bitcoin, bitcoin really looks like a pump and dump scheme.
And Mainstream Media tries to influence those uninitiated outsiders.

Was bitcoin pumped and dumped before? Yes, absolutely. Is it still being pumped and dumped? YES!
Is this a problem? No, because Bitcoin has now become a real world economy, meaning it's not just an exchange vehicle, it's not just a financial tool anymore. It's used in the real economy, by real people, doing real trading.
All those people who REALLY USE bitcoin in their lifes for trading, and working, and buying/selling stuff... they offset any pump and dump scheme, because they create an immense liquidity of about 10 million $ a day, which gives pumpers/dumpers a really hard time. That's fantastic.

Now what about quark?
Obviously quark is still in the phase where very low liquidity allows for drastic price moves that causes all kinds of weird ups and downs in price, that all look like pump and dump.
(someone buying even just 5-10 BTC of QRK in a few minutes, will make the price spike probably 300%)
But these are NOT pump and dumpers. Not as in the definition of a scam.

That's just simple economics: Low liquidity causes higher price fluctuation.

This even is applicable to world currencies like the USD or EUR. Watch forex EUR/USD and you will see that during holidays (when fewer people trade) the price fluctuation will be higher!
You have to let this sink in for a minute, that this even happens (to a small degree) in trillion dollar volume markets like EUR/USD.

People who understand just a little bit about economics and exchanges, UNDERSTAND that low liquidity coins (basically all altcoins) can be easily price manipulated since that's the nature of low liquidity.
Only people who don't understand this concept, blame this on SCAM ARTISTS or whales who deliberately are out to kill a coin...

And it's those people (who call SCAM for the wrong reasons) who want to introduce all kinds of prohibiting measures to prevent something that is WITHIN THE NATURE OF EVERY CURRENCY THAT EXISTS... so that they can safely skip over this low liquidity phase with little damage (but killing the coins nature in the process).

Those people are only thinking about their own well being, instead of understanding that THAT IS THE NATURE OF THIS ILLIQUID PHASE!

All I am saying is: You all should better start enjoying this illiquid phase and enjoy the risks (and chances) it offers.
Trying to suppress this phase by implementing prohibiting measures based on GREED and wealth protection goes against EVERYTHING I BELIEVE when it comes to cryptocurrencies and free market.
Therefor I am not going to give that anymore attention or appreciation.

It's like you guys are trying to persuade me to participate in a religion, when I am a free market atheist.
No matter WHAT you have to say about your religion, and how eloquent your documents and articles are... as long as its based on superstition and irrationality I am going to oppose it.

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 06:30:13 PM

Noone forces you into agreeing with the premise and if the concept is carried out then still noone forces you to burn tokens. This is not a fork proposal. Whoever wants to participate participates, whoever prefers to stay stays. However, if you complain about the concept you should ar least know what it is about, otherwise it makes your whole point look quite ridiculous.  

Ok, if you can guarantee that Quark Fork is not necessary for this, then I really don't care what you do, since it is outside of quark sphere.
Good, if no one is forced directly to burn tokens, then go ahead.

Extraordinariy claims require extraordinairy evidence.
It's not my job to prove to you that you are wrong.
It's your job to prove to me that you are right.

Btw. Georgem what serious business have YOU built for Quark? Instead of asking others to not waste their time with utter nonsense you should maybe do something for Quark on your own. Or have I overseen your rich contributions? Haven't seen any.

I am working on something big (software development thru QRK funding), but contrary to the coin and price manipulation you advocate, my project consists of real world economy to make quark successful, NOT trying to manipulate the coin into success.

In the meantime, enjoy my GIFs (that I create to help evolve and develop quarks brand)

There is no price manipulation if we take away the maturation part.

I don't see a need for that part since  if the companion coin does not look more attractive coin than qrk why burn qrk for it just to dump it? just dump qrk straight to btc or hold qrk.

If you have an active development/marketing/project management teams then why would you dump core anyway?

We have run through the POSSIBLE positives for qrk and the companion coin if done correctly. We have as yet to hear ANY negatives aside from possible competition to qrk which is what the other 500 alts are anyway.

Please don't just say hey i can't think of a specific negative nor how it will arise and influence qrk. If you are opposed to something surely that though is based upon some logical reasoning?

We have been over and over the POSSIBLE advantages of a companion coin introduced through qrk only ipo or POB read back through the last 30 pages.

We need to examine the POSSIBLE negatives of the companion coin specifically. If nobody can present something specific then i guess you need to rethink things.

I do NOT like the idea of random superblock rewards it seems pointless for the reason i have stated before. Nobody wants to buy qrk right now so no point inflating the currency without that inflation leading directly to more demand for the currency.  As a miner i won't waste one second hoping for a possible superblock since i fully well know my average mining increase will be next to nothing over an extended period so why bother.

We should not inflate qrk through random superblocks for miners it simply makes no sense.

QRKfx has really brought forward some good ideas indeed. I will certainly get behind this project. I think the maturation part could be looked at. I think perhaps burn rate should be limited by community contribution in terms of support and discussion.

The real key is the development team and their funding as well as qrk holders retaining their share in the new coin.

Anyway let's hear specific negatives of QRKfx's paper. I have stated i'm slightly negative on the maturation period. However that's just my opinion i don't essentially say it will be negative for qrk or core in terms of price i just see it as not really being needed if you have a good team behind the new coin.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 06:33:32 PM

So how many total max Quark coin do we have now?  Cause the PoW phase has been over for quite some time, right?

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 06:36:40 PM

This is not a companion coin.

I asked someone to explain me in one sentence, and that's what they told me. There are many conflicting arguments/solutions/problems in this thread at the moment.

Please, can you give me a short summary about what your document consist of.
Three short sentences that outline the nature of your solution. (forget about the problem for now)
Make it so that I feel like reading your document afterwards.

Sorry for not freakin out. It's just that I heard this too many times (e.g. in one video with Kolin and Bill Still) and I don't trust in magical promises. If you have something to present, present it. Everybody can announce the next big thing. If you can't show anything its better to remain silent until you can. I would be gladly proven wrong on this case, but I don't believe it.

Well, isn't your document an announcement of the next big thing?
It's always so easy to write drafts and proposals instead of doing some real actual work, isn't it?

My project is in the concept phase. Such things take a long time to be created.
And rest assured I will post about it when it's more or less finished. And only then.
You will not see any drafts, or documents that I will ask you to "evaluate"...
You will see real world software products denominated in Quark, plain in your face.
Because:

And that's also the reason why I keep creating GIFs here... so that I remind myself to CONSTANTLY CREATE, and NOT just TALK.

maok

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 06:50:01 PM

Not by me, who in his right mind would call a 1 year old project dead... and then again, only pointing to a low price as evidence of death?
1+ Yes 1 year project is dead in the eyes of those who entered in it for wrong reasons. Its still very early days, many bad periods ahead of us until reaching a destination, if ever, but giving up on a project so early its ridiculous.

You make it sound like quark has now become the coin of the selected few investors club... and ONLY they should be allowed to have a voice, etc...
+1 It should be more important the time consumed on a project than the money invested. I can make more caash tomorrow but I can't get my time back. A true investor is that which dedicated lots of his time to Quark not which has the biggest purse.

All I am saying is: You all should better start enjoying this illiquid phase and enjoy the risks (and chances) it offers.
Trying to suppress this phase by implementing prohibiting measures based on GREED and wealth protection goes against EVERYTHING I BELIEVE when it comes to cryptocurrencies and free market.
+1 Crypto currencies are very immature, even Bitcoin, compared to biggest players. The prohibitive measures could be used in a local centralized areas like small national currencies. If you want global adoption you need to leave the free market decide the price, thats why I said every quarker should participate on the exchanges so that we better discover the true price and provide more liquidity(only rule buy low sell high)

more details please ?

georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 06:51:37 PM

companion coin, superblocks... quarkfx proposal of proof of burn or something like that.

Many conflicting solutions proposed for a problem that I resist to even accept is real.

There is no problem: quark is just in a phase of low liquidity, like all altcoins.

That's just the nature of the quark economy (which at the moment mainly exists on exchanges between traders instead of real world merchants)

Yes we need to change that. But not by manipulating the coin- or coinsupply itself.

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 06:55:28 PM

Your reason for "not being sympathetic to the whole premise"?

Let's start getting specific. Explain in detail exactly how this could be negative for qrk.  It seems like it could with a bit of tweaking solve a lot of qrks current issues.

QRK is regarded as a dying/dead project by most of the board.

Well, obviously it's someone who thought this is a get rich quick scheme but who is disappointed because qrk growth will take longer than expected.

Also how much qrk do each of you own.

To enter into discussions people should really have a reasonable steak in the coin. Who knows if half these people simply making comments even have any qrk. Some have probably sold out and want the prices driven lower to buy back in or else could be from other coin communities. We really need to establish who is really motivated to see qrk move up from here.

I remember the first weeks and months of quark, when it was praised as the little guys coin.
Everybody can participate and mine this coin, etc... that was the credo back then.

Not anymore?

I VERY much like the idea of taxing those that don't stake the coin.

?
What are you, a government?
What's with all that constant "tax talk" ?

Also these players are killing a crypto with their pump and dumps. It will give the coin a bad reputation where people will say it's another pump and dump, this coin is limiting the ability of these guys to ruin a coin with their scheme and it's actually the first that i've seen which has come up with a model to do this and instead aims for a steady rise with less hardcore dumping. This give the coin much more credibility imo.

If you want to dump all your coins whenever you want there are enough cryptos and i think with all these pump and dump schemes there should be space for new models like these who is adapted to these schemes.

Pump and Dump. Most misused words of the last years.
Is bitcoin a pump and dump? I wouldn't call it that, but Mainstream Media still does so to this day.

Was bitcoin pumped and dumped before? Yes, absolutely. Is it still being pumped and dumped? YES!
Is this a problem? No, because Bitcoin has now become a real world economy, meaning it's not just an exchange vehicle, it's not just a financial tool anymore. It's used in the real economy, by real people, doing real trading.
All those people who REALLY USE bitcoin in their lifes for trading, and working, and buying/selling stuff... they offset any pump and dump scheme, because they create an immense liquidity of about 10 million $ a day, which gives pumpers/dumpers a really hard time. That's fantastic.

Now what about quark?
Obviously quark is still in the phase where very low liquidity allows for drastic price moves that causes all kinds of weird ups and downs in price, that all look like pump and dump.
(someone buying even just 5-10 BTC of QRK in a few minutes, will make the price spike probably 300%)
But these are NOT pump and dumpers. Not as in the definition of a scam.

That's just simple economics: Low liquidity causes higher price fluctuation.

This even is applicable to world currencies like the USD or EUR. Watch forex EUR/USD and you will see that during holidays (when fewer people trade) the price fluctuation will be higher!
You have to let this sink in for a minute, that this even happens (to a small degree) in trillion dollar volume markets like EUR/USD.

People who understand just a little bit about economics and exchanges, UNDERSTAND that low liquidity coins (basically all altcoins) can be easily price manipulated since that's the nature of low liquidity.
Only people who don't understand this concept, blame this on SCAM ARTISTS or whales who deliberately are out to kill a coin...

And it's those people (who call SCAM for the wrong reasons) who want to introduce all kinds of prohibiting measures to prevent something that is WITHIN THE NATURE OF EVERY CURRENCY THAT EXISTS... so that they can safely skip over this low liquidity phase with little damage (but killing the coins nature in the process).

Those people are only thinking about their own well being, instead of understanding that THAT IS THE NATURE OF THIS ILLIQUID PHASE!

Therefor I am not going to give that anymore attention or appreciation.

It's like you guys are trying to persuade me to participate in a religion, when I am a free market atheist.
No matter WHAT you have to say about your religion, and how eloquent your documents and articles are... as long as its based on superstition and irrationality I am going to oppose it.

Is corgi coin dead? it's been out less time than qrk? perhaps i should hold me 100M of those a little longer give it time to take off again?
QRK is seen as having no active developer and a community made of 5 people. Give me 1 good reason to hold qrk above a coin that has a well funded development team that are active and a large community behind it?

Let me explain to you more clearly my statement so that you don't misrepresent it further.

We can't know for sure who here wants to see qrk do well and who wants to see it sink and get crushed by other coins. For all i know you have zero qrk and are trolling. We need to make sure people here are real qrk supporters.

WHY???

because they don't seem to be able to specifically isolate any reason they are negative other than they don't like the sound of it or some other vague abstract statement. That makes no sense. You can just be negative on something and yet be unable to put forward specifically WHY?

Of course anyone can come and discuss the points put forward if they really want to discuss them in detail. However people coming here saying all sounds like it is doomed and they don't like the sound of it without being about to provide the WHY?? can not be trusted.

No point saying this all seems bizarre? read the paper, tell me what point you think will have a negative impact and how.

georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 06:55:40 PM

more details please ?

I already told too much, lol.
I don't want to be a talker.

Some facts about me: I have been a selfemployed programmer for the last 10 years, and I plan to offer my work for quark (atleast parttime), in a unique collaborative way.

Please be patient for a few weeks. (damn, another promise)

georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 06:58:43 PM

+1 Crypto currencies are very immature, even Bitcoin, compared to biggest players. The prohibitive measures could be used in a local centralized areas like small national currencies. If you want global adoption you need to leave the free market decide the price, thats why I said every quarker should participate on the exchanges so that we better discover the true price and provide more liquidity(only rule buy low sell high)

Awesome summary of what every quarker should do, and what quark is all about.

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 07:03:43 PM

companion coin, superblocks... quarkfx proposal of proof of burn or something like that.

Many conflicting solutions proposed for a problem that I resist to even accept is real.

There is no problem: quark is just in a phase of low liquidity, like all altcoins.

That's just the nature of the quark economy (which at the moment mainly exists on exchanges between traders instead of real world merchants)

Yes we need to change that. But not by manipulating the coin- or coinsupply itself.

POB and qrk only IPO are not conflicting ideas.

I agree with you we need more real work merchants, however all coins are aiming for this so why should they choose qrk?

We need developers, project managers, marketing, yes they need funding or incentives. Other coins have the funding to provide the incentive, qrk does not.

georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 07:15:41 PM
Last edit: August 11, 2014, 07:29:50 PM by georgem

I agree with you we need more real work merchants, however all coins are aiming for this so why should they choose qrk?

We need developers, project managers, marketing, yes they need funding or incentives. Other coins have the funding to provide the incentive, qrk does not.

Well, why do they use bitcoin now?

Bitcoin is the first one and pretty much ALL altcoins offer some form of improvement over bitcoin.
(sure, they don't have bitcoins hashrate and adoption rate, but those are not part of the code anyway).

So I still think that nearly every altcoin could some day become really big, for whatever reason.

It's an evolution... it first sounds like survival of the fittest.

But that doesn't mean that only the fittest survives.

Man, if we could get Quark to just 1$ and have it stay there for a prolongued period of time.... this alone would make me jump up and down in joy.
(I hope that until then I own more quark than the measly 20k I have now, lol)

Quark could become a niche coin and still be at 1$ or more.
That's the beauty of the internet and a planet filled with 7 billion people.
Quark probably needs only 10k constant users and a 100 potent merchants to reach 1$.
Should be managable, don't you think?

We need perspective. And we must refrain from feeling like losers all the time.
This is not a game where one winner takes all.
This is as I said: the internet and a planet filled with 7 billion people.
That's the perfect paradise for niche players. And if bitcoin can go to 1000$, why shouldn't quark go to 1$ atleast.

I want to prove that I can help quark, so stay tuned.

BTW...
We can't know for sure who here wants to see qrk do well and who wants to see it sink and get crushed by other coins. For all i know you have zero qrk and are trolling. We need to make sure people here are real qrk supporters.

I posted my QRK address below every GIF you saw in the last 10 pages.
Every QRK anybody donates to me will only be sold at much higher prices (preferably 1$ +)
And you can keep track of that.

maok

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 07:28:58 PM

I already told too much, lol.
I don't want to be a talker.

Some facts about me: I have been a selfemployed programmer for the last 10 years, and I plan to offer my work for quark (atleast parttime), in a unique collaborative way.

Please be patient for a few weeks. (damn, another promise)

please check pm, i'm in the works for some web projects myself(of course quark related),  I don't have lots of free time so would appreciate some help if and when possible :-)

K1773R
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008

/dev/null

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 07:31:06 PM

Bitcoin is the first one and pretty much ALL altcoins offer some form of improvement over bitcoin.
If you take a look at all coins out there, then almost all coins are just "get rich quick" with no advantages over bitcoin itself

[GPG Public Key]
BTC/DVC/TRC/FRC: 1K1773RbXRZVRQSSXe9N6N2MUFERvrdu6y ANC/XPM AK1773RTmRKtvbKBCrUu95UQg5iegrqyeA NMC: NK1773Rzv8b4ugmCgX789PbjewA9fL9Dy1 LTC: LKi773RBuPepQH8E6Zb1ponoCvgbU7hHmd EMC: EK1773RxUes1HX1YAGMZ1xVYBBRUCqfDoF BQC: bK1773R1APJz4yTgRkmdKQhjhiMyQpJgfN
georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 07:45:18 PM

If you take a look at all coins out there, then almost all coins are just "get rich quick" with no advantages over bitcoin itself

I should have rephrased that.... with no real disadvantages over bitcoin.
What makes bitcoin good for money, is what makes those altcoins ALSO good for money.

Majormax
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 08:08:35 PM

POB and qrk only IPO are not conflicting ideas.

That is the nub of the matter.

I have been a QRK holder for over 1 year (nearly the very beginning). It has excellent functionality, the specific hash stumbled upon a great leap forward at the time. However, I am a general investor in altcoins, and have been an early adopter in 80 coins. There is plenty of choice, and constant improvements in the new coins. I intend to keep a holding of every coin that I ever invest in, either win or bust.(and have so far done so, with few coins succeeding, but an overall decent profit)

The key for any coin is the strength of the ongoing development team, which has to respond to changes and new ideas. Also the size of the adoptive community which follows the development.

There are many coins which now have that strength, and even they will struggle in the evolutionary battle. I would not write QRK off, but have to say that the current price simply reflects it's prospects more fairly now.
georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 08:18:30 PM

I have been a QRK holder for over 1 year (nearly the very beginning). It has excellent functionality, the specific hash stumbled upon a great leap forward at the time. However, I am a general investor in altcoins, and have been an early adopter in 80 coins. There is plenty of choice, and constant improvements in the new coins. I intend to keep a holding of every coin that I ever invest in, either win or bust.(and have so far done so, with few coins succeeding, but an overall decent profit)

The key for any coin is the strength of the ongoing development team, which has to respond to changes and new ideas. Also the size of the adoptive community which follows the development.

There are many coins which now have that strength, and even they will struggle in the evolutionary battle. I would not write QRK off, but have to say that the current price simply reflects it's prospects more fairly now.

We are in the anon coin phase right now.
Is this the next evolutionary step?

Not necessarily, since anonymity is desired by some, but not seen as necessary by others.
Anonymity is not a trait that makes your coin automatically more desirable or valuable. Not necessarily, there is no correlation, and I say that as a fan of DarkCoin (which wants to become eCash)

There is the possibility that what we see now is an evolutionairy explosion giving birth to many different ideas, that DON'T NEED TO COMPETE WITH EACH OTHER, since everybody can have his niche... much like single cell life gave rise to all kinds of multi cell lifeforms, like plants, animals, insects, fungi, etc...
Is a plant "better" than an animal? This question doesn't even make sense.
Sure, animals eat plants, but there is always a surplus of 1000 times more plant mass than animal mass on this planet. So this is clearly a symbiosis.

Quarkcoin must grow and find its niche....
it must NOT strive to become the King of the World or something like that... because neither is this necessary for success, nor is this even desirable... because the king is attacked constantly by everybody.

Coins that win are coins that don't fight with other coins, but are instead concentrating on creating value and adoption.

Pages: « 1 ... 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 [341] 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 ... 443 »
  Print  

Jump to: