Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:07:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 [323] 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 ... 443 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [QRK] Quark | Core 0.10 upgrade  (Read 1031111 times)
Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2014, 01:47:47 PM
Last edit: July 26, 2014, 01:58:44 PM by Q7

Quark - anything with coding? It's top notch but why is it with its current state?  Roll Eyes
create another coin more superior coding than quark, I guarantee it will go up but without marketing, I wonder what would happen to it?
Dogecoin.... what's with the code? Anything special? but the community support has been tremendous. Yeah. Lately the drop has been bad but their only hope is still the community.

Now... the future. I bet reddcoin is on the rise. Anything special on the code? What's with the social function? Sounds familiar.

I'm not launching personal attack or to make anyone feel bad. I see all quark supporters like we are all in one big boat with the same objective and direction. I just need to voice out

ok just to add further. Thulle has been a strong critic of quark. Although I don't agree entirely to what the guy said and definitely disagree on the part on launching attack on kolin. One quote which I pick up which i think is definitely true. So this was written by thulle.

"Another thing the value of a coin is not based on security or features but based on marketing and public acceptance."

I agree. A lot here don't even understand fundamental of economics. How can price go up without demand, marketing. New coin is just trying to fix a broken record using another broken record. Instead go the basics. Coding part is not the solution. The more they talk the more complicated it gets. Putting a companion coin on top of another companion coin ends up nowhere.

There's nothing wrong with Quark. Just let Bitcoin keep making strides until enough people start to see how bloody slow it is. Quark is like a UFO in the hanger just waiting until people are ready to get around faster!  

Edit: Look I'm not trying to say nothing needs to happen, but any 'solutions' to Quark being overlooked at the moment should NOT involve a hard fork, that's my stance on the matter.

CODING is a BIG part of the solution. Look to the new coins doing exceptionally well. You will notice they have one thing in common. A skilled coder with a detailed whitepaper on anon implementation. Or a white paper for some other new feature the market wants. Sure mainstream adoption would be better but if you are talking about marketing to those in the crypto community they want the latest and greatest. Don't give it to them and watch you coin die. Look to coins with no coders = dead.

So either push for mainsteam adoption with some big companies, games etc. Or focus on marketing here to the ever expanding community. New features and projects bring in new interest, new interest brings new btc to fund more projects and features. No point arguing against it. Look at the new coins that are most successful and i don't mean one big pump and dead i mean coins with active communities that are getting stronger. These have fully funded and invested development and marketing teams. QRK has no funds for this.

Of course you can sell qrk to a market that does not want qrk. You need to increase demand by giving people some hope for qrks future prospects. To most qrk appears dead right now.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 01:51:10 PM

Quark - anything with coding? It's top notch but why is it with its current state?  Roll Eyes
create another coin more superior coding than quark, I guarantee it will go up but without marketing, I wonder what would happen to it?
Dogecoin.... what's with the code? Anything special? but the community support has been tremendous. Yeah. Lately the drop has been bad but their only hope is still the community.

Now... the future. I bet reddcoin is on the rise. Anything special on the code? What's with the social function? Sounds familiar.

I'm not launching personal attack or to make anyone feel bad. I see all quark supporters like we are all in one big boat with the same objective and direction. I just need to voice out

I agree. A lot here don't even understand fundamental of economics. How can price go up without demand, marketing. New coin is just trying to fix a broken record using another broken record. Instead go the basics. Coding part is not the solution. The more they talk the more complicated it gets. Putting a companion coin on top of another companion coin ends up nowhere.

There's nothing wrong with Quark. Just let Bitcoin keep making strides until enough people start to see how bloody slow it is. Quark is like a UFO in the hanger just waiting until people are ready to get around faster!  

Edit: Look I'm not trying to say nothing needs to happen, but any 'solutions' to Quark being overlooked at the moment should NOT involve a hard fork, that's my stance on the matter.

It seems there is some confusion. The coins algo i don't see as needs improvement. By coding i mean the ability to implement new features for the coin and code out new services for it too. Of course these are different types of coding. The latter being web development. The thing is we need teams for different things. They all need funding or incentives though. So either a development pot, ROI projects or donations.

CODING is a BIG part of the solution. Look to the new coins doing exceptionally well. You will notice they have one thing in common. A skilled coder with a detailed whitepaper on anon implementation. Or a white paper for some other new feature the market wants. Sure mainstream adoption would be better but if you are talking about marketing to those in the crypto community they want the latest and greatest. Don't give it to them and watch you coin die. Look to coins with no coders = dead.

So either push for mainsteam adoption with some big companies, games etc. Or focus on marketing here to the ever expanding community. New features and projects bring in new interest, new interest brings new btc to fund more projects and features. No point arguing against it. Look at the new coins that are most successful and i don't mean one big pump and dead i mean coins with active communities that are getting stronger. These have fully funded and invested development and marketing teams. QRK has no funds for this.

Of course you can sell qrk to a market that does not want qrk. You need to increase demand by giving people some hope for qrks future prospects. To most qrk appears dead right now.

It seems there is some confusion. The coins algo i don't see as needs improvement. By coding i mean the ability to implement new features for the coin and code out new services for it too. Of course these are different types of coding. The latter being web development. The thing is we need teams for different things. They all need funding or incentives though. So either a development pot, ROI projects or donations.

Yes, of course any new coin needs marketing to some degree or else nobody would know it existed.

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 01:55:20 PM

http://www.reddit.com/r/QuarkCoin/comments/2br13q/a_few_days_ago_i_commented_on_a_quark_clone_and/

come comment or add comments here guys !

--------------------------------------------------

For people very new to the idea I have to explain from the start - :

Quark is a fully distributed currency with an EQ reward this is like a small inflation <0.4%
    the benefits of this design are many - the price starts as a "base price" of near zero (its original value) and is then determined by the free market.
    huge benefits over "traditional" or original crypto economic models are realized with this system making it the leader in Crypto key benifits are :

Low to Zero fee structure (because the EQ reward replenishes the system)
    No price or mining manipulation due to monopoly
    No corporate Bank or "Government" takeover is possible because of both the full distribution and the EQ reward.
    Price stability as outlined here - http://kolinevans.wordpress.com/2014/07/14/an-interesting-thing-happened-on-the-way-to-proving-that-decentralized-free-market-distribution-can-find-price-stability/

Which is amazing because we are only just 6 months past the inital distribution and the market got quite exuberant in that time.

All these things make Quark the key stable base leader in crypto the fact that others don't see this (right now) is only to the benefit of the readers here today, if you believe in decentralized digital "e-cash" then Quark is essentially the best measure of the market.

however this design did present one perceived problem, and that was that the "inflation rate" the EQ reward was not enough incentive to secure the network from our obvious enemies (namely Banks and Bank agents) although this is probably and overblown perceived threat there is also confidence issues that related to this subject.

Personally my opinion (having a lot of experience in the field) was that this issue would in essence resolve itself so i didn't see it as the problem that our friends were hyping it as; because after all the aim of any psychological attack is to control the narrative.

But then i was alway taught to use the energy that an enemy has and find their objective to help your cause and to this degree i think we have a solution .

The merge mine option for me is important not only to decentralize and raise our hash rate; but in keeping with the elegant theme of using our enemy it also has key important sociological impact effects; which i will explain along the way.

( i will probably need the Blog to do this)

So i'd say this is an exciting prospect as the parameters of the merge mine are quite enticing.

check them out :

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=657528.0

no pre mine.
    open and transparent.
    5 min block times.
    20 units halving in 4 years <

( this means everyone effectively has 4 years to mine this as primary reward then it halves to 10 ) this seems very fair to me as long as we can get it out publicly.

this to my calc gives us - 525600 minutes in a year - divided by 5 (5 min block times) = 105,120

so 105,120 blocks in one year.

105120 x 20 (block reward) = 2, 102, 400 per year -

2102400 x 4 = 8, 409600

so after 4 years there will be just 8.5 million of these units. and that is half of the supply that there will be.

upon looking at the code it is a clone of Quark so it falls down to a reward of 1 (maybe) after 20 years? with the grand total of 16million having been distributed after that very long time.

So as it was brought up in email i'd like to get feedback from the community about how they feel about this Crypto - the parameters look good and it seems exceptional as it seems like a fair start and has benign non hostile interest on the forum -

AS julie suggested in email we should re-brand it if the Dev is palatable to that he seems keen from the limited contact i've had with him.

for a merge mine to work I'd like to involve as much as the general public with the idea of profiting from mining a crypto, i think this can be achieved now.

add comments - i will disregard votes as Reddit is the master of spam voting - as always if you have any strong opinions voice them i'd LOVE feedback !

: D

I don't follow how this will benefit current qrk holders over any other miners out there other than to add security to the chain? Can you explain how QRK investors will see any benefit from doing it this way?

It seems pointless to me from a qrk holders perspective and solves none of our funding issues.

Q7

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2014, 02:19:10 PM

Just a clear example of what I'm blabbering about:

Doge community:
Microlending
merchandise
brand recognition
writing in one community voice to business establishment to accept the coin
submit petitions.
Sponsorship
Contest & competition
Lately mcshibe... google it if u don't know

Quark community:
Coding
Coding
Forking
Coding
Companion coin
Coding
coding
Coding
More coding...

Where we going? Making same mistake twice.
Quark coding is already our advantage. BUILD ON IT!

Yes, of course any new coin needs marketing to some degree or else nobody would know it existed.

digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2014, 05:14:52 PM

too a degree i agree totally - but stay with us and come join the Reddit and you will see that this is for Quark benefit totally.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2014, 05:16:49 PM

ok just to add further. Thulle has been a strong critic of quark. Although I don't agree entirely to what the guy said and definitely disagree on the part on launching attack on kolin. One quote which I pick up which i think is definitely true. So this was written by thulle.

"Another thing the value of a coin is not based on security or features but based on marketing and public acceptance."

totally agree Q7 - if we move with a merge the algos will move together - but that won't mean the end of the evolution, so i think there are some key benefits to be had !

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
Coinmama2014

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 07:40:46 PM
Last edit: July 30, 2014, 04:22:52 PM by Coinmama2014

So as it was brought up in email i'd like to get feedback from the community about how they feel about this Crypto - the parameters look good and it seems exceptional as it seems like a fair start and has benign non hostile interest on the forum -

"AS julie suggested in email we should re-brand it if the Dev is palatable to that he seems keen from the limited contact i've had with him."

for a merge mine to work I'd like to involve as much as the general public with the idea of profiting from mining a crypto, i think this can be achieved now.

For the record, I never said this...Very annoying!! So now I attach the email for what I actually said:

"Hi everyone,

I have been following this thread for a few days and I will just reply here on some things I see, and also including Max and others in the reply (many people were deleted from this thread?)-  Max is after all an essential part of any discussion on a merge mine project. Once again I am hoping to get clarity directly from him on where everything stands, so we can get some direction moving forward.

Regarding the merge mine, Peter has pretty clearly laid out what his main objections would be, and likely also what most of the core community's objections would be as well- *secrecy* in moving a project forward without *any* input or knowledge of the rest of the core group.

Just as a reminder and for clarification for everyone: A few weeks ago, I sent out an email to the entire group regarding the idea of the merge mine project, so that we could begin discussing it in earnest (fyi, this was to get more transparency after the B9 "mess" was exposed) ,  and to begin working out a project that we could support and present with confidence to the community- There were some very good ideas by Victor and others, and a board was tentatively started in order to move things along, planning-wise. People were largely in support of a merge mine project if the details could be worked out, and there was a bounty raised for this as well.

@Kolin, shortly afterward (er-immediately), you started a new thread, and made a few statements which were dismissive of others ideas, and also indicating that the project was under some control of yours,  and would go a certain predetermined way. Vague answers to direct questions on this were not helpful, and certainly we could not move forward in trying to plan anything until knowing what was possible and what wasn't (!).. Things pretty much ground to a halt at that point, as all constructive discussions stopped. I have to say in my own experience I have had very little motivation to do anything for Quark recently, because we have no idea of who is actually leading the ship. Why all the vagueness and secrecy?

So there is no bureaucracy, but there is a VERY clear stumbling block here--which is a complete lack of transparency as to what projects are taking place, and who is in charge of them. Peter has requested a meeting to clear things up, I have sent an email to Max as well.

Kolin, looking at some of these Quark clones you speak of.. MimicCoin- an exact replica of the B9, created right after B9. Such a coincidence that the stars have aligned like this?..and the dev has contacted you, right after your announcement.. and we are to believe this. A plain Quark clone, created with no features, but "just so happens" to fit what you are asking for  -No premine.  Sock-puppets (secret members of the Quark community?) present to support, mine, and accumulate this coin of no value or appeal, ramping up the difficulty already- how lovely and nice. First step of the multi-step plan in progress- "mining monopoly".

I will spare everyone the rest of the steps(rebrand, Bill Still), but why are we not informed of this again? Even when Peter asks directly we get some vague answer, or outright omission of the truth, and sarcasm about the beauty of crypto(I.e. "you can buy or sell, stay or leave").
A plan like this (with some minor modification) would have had so much more support if it were not so secretive and scammy in appearance. Right after the B9 no less- Trust IS at the core of why this would not be supported-

Yes, as Peter indicated- the only reason why I ever objected to the B9 was because of the hidden nature of it (not just keeping Core members out of it, but hiding it), and having no clearly identifiable and trustworthy plan as to who would mine for whom, how it would be introduced to the community,or raise money for the Foundation(projects) etc,etc.. Also, there was no cohesiveness, even among the people planning it.

And  Kolin for some reason you object to a transparent pre-mine, : "community" or  "Foundation premine" or something workable and transparent that would fairly pay everyone involved? You will not even consider anyone else's proposal, but appear to be going ahead with your own- Why?  (And also, how is it possible that you have the veto power?)

I am for a merge mine project as discussed in the IRC meeting (and so was nearly everyone on this thread until things fell apart)- A project that done fairly would raise enough money for the devs, the Foundation (infrastructure projects), etc...

Could not the trusted Foundation (after some structuring) be the one that presents the plan to the community:  that we are going ahead with a merge mine plan to support the hash-rate , add features, and manage a pre-mine (for devs and infrastructure)?
I am pretty confident we could sell the community on something we actually support.. Also Kolin, you have so many trollers following you now as a result of your NXT posts etc, you need the support of the core group, not to have Quark trashed as a result of a scammy appearing project....
"
The email goes on, but mainly posting it here to clarify that I don't agree with rebranding a coin that is scammy in appearance-

I am however in favor of what I highlighted in bold..

CH, the plan with MimicCoin is to launch a plain Quark Clone with zero features, not to publicize it, but mine the hell out of it, then introduce it to the community as the "newly found merge-mine solution", rebranding it and publicizing-

No I am not in favor of doing this technique at all- especially with lies surrounding it... just for the record!

EDIT: adding this for the record also: http://www.reddit.com/r/QuarkCoin/comments/2br13q/a_few_days_ago_i_commented_on_a_quark_clone_and/cj9m97d

Coinmama: Kiss Kiss
Thule

Activity: 938
Merit: 276

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 08:42:42 PM

There are 4 major reasons why quark went down which needs to be fixed.I posted a very long post but it got deleted by my own browser so i will write it now quick as i dont feel like rewritting it right at the moment and will explain it later

1.preminscam (big wallets)
2.Kolin
3.big wallets not doing anything just cashing out profits
4.Max

Before you guys wont fix these 4 major issues quark will have no future
AliceWonder

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 10:12:38 PM

There are 4 major reasons why quark went down which needs to be fixed.I posted a very long post but it got deleted by my own browser so i will write it now quick as i dont feel like rewritting it right at the moment and will explain it later

2.Kolin
4.Max

Activity 10 - all in this thread. Seems like account created for this thread.

With respect to your issues -

1) There was not a premine scam. There was an instamine, that's done - but the coin still has worth
2) no comment other than I disagree. He's the only person I've seen promoting the coin. More need to.
3) Big wallets cashing out i can't comment on, other than that seems to be over
4) Max - I don't know what you mean by that. I do think too many coins try to add "features" - eye candy - that have no utility.

Bitcoin got a lot of things right, it wouldn't be a success if it didn't. The biggest thing it got wrong was the proof of work, Satoshi did not foresee ASIC. Block time is the other issue with bitcoin that is fixed with Quark.

I guess I'm old school but I don't see value in changing what isn't broken nor adding features for the sake of adding features. I like that QuarkCoin didn't deviate where it didn't need to.

Eye candy features are really only useful to hype a coin during the pump before the dump, I'm glad it isn't there, that Max followed KISS - if that is what you were referring to.

QuarkCoin - what I believe bitcoin was intended to be. On reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/QuarkCoin/
Thule

Activity: 938
Merit: 276

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 10:17:47 PM
Last edit: July 26, 2014, 10:56:35 PM by Thule

Yes thats right the account has been created for this thread

1.Its a scam when over 60% is hold by a few holders.Its against the basic idea of crypto
2.It was nobody else but Kolin who destroyed a wonderfull community activly by banning Mods who lead quark
and the smart part of quarks community for demanding answers.(will explain it later)
Big wallets cashing out i can't comment on, other than that seems to be over
Of course it is right at the moment over since they can't sell anymore as there are no more dumb buyers
4.Poor promises and claims.Continuesly disappearing,not the real founder/programer of quark ,already working on other coins  

And a question to you.Why should a community work hard on a coin when the major benefits will get people who DID NOTHING for quark.

Maybe you can tell me what Kolin did beside posting a sponsored article in reuters and sending a bribe to bill still ?Ohhh i forgat he destroyed a whole community,lied to each and every important question asked by the community and posted never ending poor promises.He was even voted to be kicked out as representive of quark and all the other mistakes he did.........
Yeah he did a great job killing that coin with his permanent lies and abusive action just to safe his and max wallets (and lies he had only 100k coins)

If you want i can create a new coin same like quark in 3 days and hold 60% of the coin for myself and the rest will be split between the stupid community so they will get some peanuts for the major work.Hey thats a great deal i will accept instantly ......

So that means that at a rate of $0,4 per coin and 220 million coins in total the first $53.000.000 invested in that coin by investors will be my pure profit and after that when people will invest more even the price was not rising after an investment of 53 millions due to my 60% sale it will be for the stupid community.WHO IS GOING TO PROMOTE MY NEW COIN WITH THE SAME DISTRIBUTION OR EVEN BETTER AS QUARK ?
Good luck in finding these stupid investors who are going to invest $53.000.000 in a coin with no infrastructur and which also wont have any in the future because of these big wallets as the coin will never raise much in value because of the permanent dumps like in the past and where experts claim that bitcoin just has arround $250.000.000 in total

Right Koling and Max ?
Majormax
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2014, 11:13:08 PM

2.Kolin
4.Max

Well, Quark may have no future, but your 4 points are plainly ridiculous, and not the cause of a price decline.

Interesting to see the squabbling on this thread now, where before there was positivity. The cause of that is the same as for most other alts.
reRaise

Activity: 868

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 02:24:38 AM

@Kolin

So there is already a companion coin called mimicoin made 19 June? Why is nobody knowing about it, who is the dev, is there a development pot and how much, what are the goals? And what does that childish picture doing there? Why did you decide it for yourself whiteout updating others?
kitaco

Activity: 249

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 08:16:46 AM
Last edit: July 27, 2014, 08:27:40 AM by kitaco

Wow, did I successfully predict the demise of this coin would be Kolin and that fact that promises were never fulfilled Cheesy Roll Eyes. Kolin was a problem which I (and the infamous king, poopkingofrome) temporarily got rid of because he did and said stupid things and I called him out directly, making him look like a complete asshat on twitter and among ##quark on IRC. Unfortunately he wiggled his way back in, started back up control of Quark, and continued his conspiracy theories ad nauseam. He said it's his game, and you were all playing it. Guess he was in the end, correct. This coin was done and over with a long time ago.

That 6 rounds of hashing functions is beaten by X11, x13, X15, and now X17 which include all of the Quark hashing algorithms + tons more.

We. Didn't. Listen.

@cryptokiely // Donate! - BTC: 1kie1ykRUjxpMH5fAqLWigdtbLCyrMK9k // VRC: VEriKiEfZ9CwVs6GVGLbuBdEJxR2F7CJLq
reRaise

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 09:22:04 AM
Last edit: July 27, 2014, 09:45:55 AM by reRaise

^

lol it's not beaten at all you idiot, just because they have more hashing doesn't mean it's better. So x11 has been beaten by x13 and x13 by x15? lol gtfo, also quark has random hashing as well which x11 doesn't, all these x13 x15 x17 xblabla are pure hype and overrated
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 09:55:48 AM

^

lol it's not beaten at all you idiot, just because they have more hashing doesn't mean it's better. So x11 has been beaten by x13 and x13 by x15? lol gtfo, also quark has random hashing as well which x11 doesn't, all these x13 x15 x17 xblabla are pure hype and overrated

yeah mate its great - as predicted our Trolls are back this is great news these guys are quite nervous , no i both approached and was approached the other currency after i posted for clone to contact me - but we have seen that the block times are vastly different so we are not totally sure about it?

these Tards "Kitaco" who is Canon ha ha we love them, they are really sadly low IQ keyboard monkeys, but they have a job and its great to see.

Quark is moving beautifully  of course keyboard monkeys get caught up in their own narrative and believe that this forum matters. which is kind of cute.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
reRaise

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 10:35:26 AM
Last edit: July 27, 2014, 11:34:44 AM by reRaise

^

yeah mate its great - as predicted our Trolls are back this is great news these guys are quite nervous , no i both approached and was approached the other currency after i posted for clone to contact me - but we have seen that the block times are vastly different so we are not totally sure about it?

these Tards "Kitaco" who is Canon ha ha we love them, they are really sadly low IQ keyboard monkeys, but they have a job and its great to see.

Quark is moving beautifully  of course keyboard monkeys get caught up in their own narrative and believe that this forum matters. which is kind of cute.

These trolls might be talking shit on quark which i don't agree with them, on a side note though you released a companion coin which nobody was aware off. As you see it failed and i don't understand what makes you to decide yourself without cooperating with other members who also been active regarding this?
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 12:10:38 PM

"AS julie suggested in email we should re-brand it if the Dev is palatable to that he seems keen from the limited contact i've had with him."

For the record, I never said this...Very annoying!! So now I attach the email for what I actually said:

"Hi everyone,

I have been following this thread for a few days and I will just reply here on some things I see, and also including Max and others in the reply (many people were deleted from this thread?)-  Max is after all an essential part of any discussion on a merge mine project. Once again I am hoping to get clarity directly from him on where everything stands, so we can get some direction moving forward.

Regarding the merge mine, Peter has pretty clearly laid out what his main objections would be, and likely also what most of the core community's objections would be as well- *secrecy* in moving a project forward without *any* input or knowledge of the rest of the core group.

Just as a reminder and for clarification for everyone: A few weeks ago, I sent out an email to the entire group regarding the idea of the merge mine project, so that we could begin discussing it in earnest (fyi, this was to get more transparency after the B9 "mess" was exposed) ,  and to begin working out a project that we could support and present with confidence to the community- There were some very good ideas by Victor and others, and a board was tentatively started in order to move things along, planning-wise. People were largely in support of a merge mine project if the details could be worked out, and there was a bounty raised for this as well.

@Kolin, shortly afterward (er-immediately), you started a new thread, and made a few statements which were dismissive of others ideas, and also indicating that the project was under some control of yours,  and would go a certain predetermined way. Vague answers to direct questions on this were not helpful, and certainly we could not move forward in trying to plan anything until knowing what was possible and what wasn't (!).. Things pretty much ground to a halt at that point, as all constructive discussions stopped. I have to say in my own experience I have had very little motivation to do anything for Quark recently, because we have no idea of who is actually leading the ship. Why all the vagueness and secrecy?

So there is no bureaucracy, but there is a VERY clear stumbling block here--which is a complete lack of transparency as to what projects are taking place, and who is in charge of them. Peter has requested a meeting to clear things up, I have sent an email to Max as well.

Kolin, looking at some of these Quark clones you speak of.. MimicCoin- an exact replica of the B9, created right after B9. Such a coincidence that the stars have aligned like this?..and the dev has contacted you, right after your announcement.. and we are to believe this. A plain Quark clone, created with no features, but "just so happens" to fit what you are asking for  -No premine.  Sock-puppets (secret members of the Quark community?) present to support, mine, and accumulate this coin of no value or appeal, ramping up the difficulty already- how lovely and nice. First step of the multi-step plan in progress- "mining monopoly".

I will spare everyone the rest of the steps(rebrand, Bill Still), but why are we not informed of this again? Even when Peter asks directly we get some vague answer, or outright omission of the truth, and sarcasm about the beauty of crypto(I.e. "you can buy or sell, stay or leave").
A plan like this (with some minor modification) would have had so much more support if it were not so secretive and scammy in appearance. Right after the B9 no less- Trust IS at the core of why this would not be supported-

Yes, as Peter indicated- the only reason why I ever objected to the B9 was because of the hidden nature of it (not just keeping Core members out of it, but hiding it), and having no clearly identifiable and trustworthy plan as to who would mine for whom, how it would be introduced to the community,or raise money for the Foundation(projects) etc,etc.. Also, there was no cohesiveness, even among the people planning it.

And  Kolin for some reason you object to a transparent pre-mine, : "community" or  "Foundation premine" or something workable and transparent that would fairly pay everyone involved? You will not even consider anyone else's proposal, but appear to be going ahead with your own- Why?  (And also, how is it possible that you have the veto power?)

I am for a merge mine project as discussed in the IRC meeting (and so was nearly everyone on this thread until things fell apart)- A project that done fairly would raise enough money for the devs, the Foundation (infrastructure projects), etc...

Could not the trusted Foundation (after some structuring) be the one that presents the plan to the community:  that we are going ahead with a merge mine plan to support the hash-rate , add features, and manage a pre-mine (for devs and infrastructure)?
I am pretty confident we could sell the community on something we actually support.. Also Kolin, you have so many trollers following you now as a result of your NXT posts etc, you need the support of the core group, not to have Quark trashed as a result of a scammy appearing project....
"
The email goes on, but mainly posting it here to clarify that I don't agree with rebranding a coin that is scammy in appearance-

I am however in favor of what I highlighted in bold..

CH, the plan with MimicCoin is to launch a plain Quark Clone with zero features, not to publicize it, but mine the hell out of it, then introduce it to the community as the "newly found merge-mine solution", rebranding it and publicizing-

No I am not in favor of doing this technique at all- especially with lies surrounding it... just for the record!

Exactly my thoughts, why would we merge with this piece of junk unless it was of some benefit to qrk holders.

It actually solves none of the major things we need to solve for qrk to move forward except the security of the chain, even then that is no guarantee because who would want to mine this mimimimim junk.

Let's start electing some decent leadership first.

I put forward

VIC
Coinmama
Qrkfx
DI
Reraise
MAX (only if he comes back to the community and gets active else we need to locate a new dev asap) there is no point having a captain that is not on board the ship.

any other of the people that have been working in silence on qrk projects .... come on guys put yourselves forward. Now is not the time to be shy. Let's create a team. Get some action going.

Let's get voting. Also to be amongst the leadership you should have 200k QRK min to show a vested interest in the project and have been very active in the qrk community before.

Let's get some leadership in place then we can move forward. The entire merge mining idea seems worth while if it is of benefit to qrk holders. If not you are clearly creating a competing coin.

DannyTom

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 03:05:46 PM

70.87640 QRK = $1 USD

Is that accurate?

BTQ:  17NEp7WtUZt4V5RiFP6YHxD1hcte7U3sB8
LTC:  LeyXcTFxC5Ku3KDUyhwDHtLko1JwChd99h
FTC:  6n56LJKYrdgmsougCCjenLFtpPTcjFQ829
quarkfx

Activity: 396

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 04:37:33 PM

Just wanted to let you know that I will contact developers for a proof of burn project. I explained my thoughts on this some pages ago. I will also encourage to use the forum that we are working on for the proof of burn concept if it appears feasible.  We put a lot of work into this and I am not neither willing to donate this work of mine nor Bubble up to the current state of Quark.
ycagel

Activity: 924

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 05:38:13 PM

QuarkFX,
 Proof of burn is essentially the conversion of Quark to the "new" coin correct?

YC

Just wanted to let you know that I will contact developers for a proof of burn project. I explained my thoughts on this some pages ago. I will also encourage to use the forum that we are working on for the proof of burn concept if it appears feasible.  We put a lot of work into this and I am not neither willing to donate this work of mine nor Bubble up to the current state of Quark.
Pages: « 1 ... 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 [323] 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 ... 443 »
  Print  

Jump to: