Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:32:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 [325] 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 ... 443 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [QRK] Quark | Core 0.10 upgrade  (Read 1031111 times)
UnsvQ

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 01:15:02 AM

QuarkieFM here,

Kitaco I agree. Kolin needs to immediately LEAVE! Once again he came back and made a mess out of everything and I think some of the core members would agree with that. Everything was going smoothly until this fuckbag (excuse my language) came back into the scene and kept telling us "Quark is moving beautifully". Come the fuck on!

Coinmamas post with the email should be enough for all to see what a deceiving prick this KOLCOIN really is.

Kitaco +1
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Y3llowb1ackbird

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 01:31:10 AM

QuarkieFM here,

Kitaco I agree. Kolin needs to immediately LEAVE! Once again he came back and made a mess out of everything and I think some of the core members would agree with that. Everything was going smoothly until this fuckbag (excuse my language) came back into the scene and kept telling us "Quark is moving beautifully". Come the fuck on!

Coinmamas post with the email should be enough for all to see what a deceiving prick this KOLCOIN really is.

Kitaco +1

Kolin has lost all credibility. He has deceived and manipulated this community long enough.
maok

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 01:53:34 AM
Last edit: July 28, 2014, 02:03:42 AM by maok

Quote from: maok
If you take Counterparty's version of proof of burn then it wouldn't require an Quark hardfork

Which prominent Proof of Burn concept uses hard forks? None.

XCP is linked with Bitcoin, they haven't "started from scratch", thats why they didn't needed for Bitcoin to hardfork to accommodate their BTC burn into XCP, hence if you want to use their version of PoB you'd basically have to rely on Quark network to verify the owner of the QRK burned funds.

However if you want to create an independent coin("start from scratch") like I understood from this:

feasible way for Quarkers to translate their share to another project where the community can start from scratch

then you would need to hardfork Quark in order to legitimately burn it so you can get XCOIN. It depends on what you to do but yes its easier to just fork XCP.

Either way, you'd have to promote and sell this new coin to give it value in the market so the question is on what ? what would this new coin offer in return ? what are the features ? (XPC `sold` their idea with p2p market tools, exchanges, other useful financial concepts), So why wouldn't we do this promotion for Quark which already has important features as a currency instead of building a new coin which would give some investment funds however you couldn't use them in real life as the coin on which the investment funds are based on will not be worth anything in the market.

I already outlined the possible innovations, won't repeat it the 10th time.
Sorry will take a look in the last few pages, must have miss them..

QRKHn6UK3ToS53V6jD1rYWRYS4mxQ1mako
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▀▄▀▄▀ Quark core wallet updates  ▀▄▀▄▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
maok

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 01:59:51 AM

QuarkieFM here,

Kitaco +1

Kolin has lost all credibility. He has deceived and manipulated this community long enough.

I don't know what Kolin has done so bad to Quark other than coming up with some bad ideas like PoS, but he certainly doesn't have more manipulation powers than Thule or Kitaco which are clearly supporters of other coins that tried and apparently achieved to discriminate and create tension among quarkers.

AliceWonder

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 02:53:30 AM

I don't know what Kolin has done so bad to Quark

Well there is an allegation that he started mimiccoin and then pretended to find it, and if he did start mimiccoin then that sheds bad light on the team, that's social engineering manipulation.

I'm new and don't know anything about the previous suggested coin that mimiccoin is a perfect replica of, nor why they decided against it.

I'm beginning to wish I hadn't commented on the topic.

QuarkCoin - what I believe bitcoin was intended to be. On reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/QuarkCoin/
kitaco

Activity: 249

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 03:22:25 AM

QuarkieFM here,

Kitaco +1

I don't know what Kolin has done so bad to Quark other than coming up with some bad ideas like PoS, but he certainly doesn't have more manipulation powers than Thule or Kitaco which are clearly supporters of other coins that tried and apparently achieved to discriminate and create tension among quarkers.

I used to be one of the top members of the foundation. Canon. I left pretty calmly. I had so many powers I could've used to just make havoc, but didn't. One of the head guys in QuarkUniverse right now is one of my best friends in the entire world.

I don't think I've ever mentioned any other coins, or told anyone to support any other specific coins other than telling a few people in #quarkuniverse to invest in coins in which they have PROFITED ON A LOT RIGHT NOW (Cloak).

Yes I came back and created criticism and discussion (but without any power), but there's one thing you need to do:

Kolin is a shit-for-brains plain and simple. He told us long ago that Quark is his game, and we were all just playing it.

Don't let this guy have any more of the cake. Remove him.

@cryptokiely // Donate! - BTC: 1kie1ykRUjxpMH5fAqLWigdtbLCyrMK9k // VRC: VEriKiEfZ9CwVs6GVGLbuBdEJxR2F7CJLq
c4shm3n

Activity: 719
Merit: 500

CLOAK Private,Secure & Untraceable Digitalcurrency

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 06:15:40 AM

QuarkieFM here,

Kitaco +1

I used to be one of the top members of the foundation. Canon. I left pretty calmly. I had so many powers I could've used to just make havoc, but didn't. One of the head guys in QuarkUniverse right now is one of my best friends in the entire world.

I don't think I've ever mentioned any other coins, or told anyone to support any other specific coins other than telling a few people in #quarkuniverse to invest in coins in which they have PROFITED ON A LOT RIGHT NOW (Cloak).

Yes I came back and created criticism and discussion (but without any power), but there's one thing you need to do:

Kolin is a shit-for-brains plain and simple. He told us long ago that Quark is his game, and we were all just playing it.

+1

KOLIN..... if you really love quark.... so LEAVE it!!!

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,        
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖      
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌    
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,  
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌  
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌  
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`  
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████    
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜      
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀        
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin | CloakCoin Private, Secure, Untraceable & Decentralized Digitalcurrency |  Enigma
Chat | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Forum |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram | Faucet
quarkfx

Activity: 396

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 06:56:17 AM

If you take Counterparty's version of proof of burn then it wouldn't require an Quark hardfork

XCP is linked with Bitcoin, they haven't "started from scratch", thats why they didn't needed for Bitcoin to hardfork to accommodate their BTC burn into XCP, hence if you want to use their version of PoB you'd basically have to rely on Quark network to verify the owner of the QRK burned funds.

However if you want to create an independent coin("start from scratch") like I understood from this:

feasible way for Quarkers to translate their share to another project where the community can start from scratch

then you would need to hardfork Quark in order to legitimately burn it so you can get XCOIN. It depends on what you to do but yes its easier to just fork XCP.

Either way, you'd have to promote and sell this new coin to give it value in the market so the question is on what ? what would this new coin offer in return ? what are the features ? (XPC `sold` their idea with p2p market tools, exchanges, other useful financial concepts), So why wouldn't we do this promotion for Quark which already has important features as a currency instead of building a new coin which would give some investment funds however you couldn't use them in real life as the coin on which the investment funds are based on will not be worth anything in the market.

No...this is technically on top of Quark like CP, it doesn't need a hard fork. It would also make no sense to do it differently im this case which why I pointed out the irony that you were complaining about people with a lack of understanding.
Yeah, maybe you missed the idea. This is/was an (emergency) plan how we could solve the hashrate issue if the developer is not responding. Unlike simply forking Quark this would allow raising funds to work on the future of the currency. Quark may have good specs but still
1. A hashrate issue
2. Other coins have good specs at well and
2. As you pointed out on your own: the currency is worth nothing without the community. So I prefer another and presumeably better coin if the alternative is losing the community.

Btw. I don't see why people should blame Kolin for the current state (especially those who are not even part of the community anymore). As I expressed on Reddit I have serious problems with the recent proceedings but Quark has problems apart from individual behaviour.
dragonseer

Activity: 611
Merit: 500

Anglo Saxon Crypto Enthusiast

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 07:34:04 AM

There's nothing wrong with Quark. Just let Bitcoin keep making strides until enough people start to see how bloody slow it is. Quark is like a UFO in the hanger just waiting until people are ready to get around faster!  

Edit: Look I'm not trying to say nothing needs to happen, but any 'solutions' to Quark being overlooked at the moment should NOT involve a hard fork, that's my stance on the matter.

too a degree i agree totally - but stay with us and come join the Reddit and you will see that this is for Quark benefit totally.

If I ever use Reddit I'd be sure to join, LOL

Crypto sales and more here: https://www.ebay.com.au/usr/dragon-seer
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 08:41:04 AM
Last edit: July 28, 2014, 08:51:44 AM by Netnox

No...this is technically on top of Quark like CP, it doesn't need a hard fork. It would also make no sense to do it differently im this case which why I pointed out the irony that you were complaining about people with a lack of understanding.
Yeah, maybe you missed the idea. This is/was an (emergency) plan how we could solve the hashrate issue if the developer is not responding. Unlike simply forking Quark this would allow raising funds to work on the future of the currency. Quark may have good specs but still
1. A hashrate issue
2. As you pointed out on your own: the currency is worth nothing without the community. So I prefer another and presumeably better coin if the alternative is losing the community.

Btw. I don't see why people should blame Kolin for the current state (especially those who are not even part of the community anymore). As I expressed on Reddit I have serious problems with the recent proceedings but Quark has problems apart from individual behaviour.

Kolin made quark look bad 6 months ago where he as the face of quark did an awful job to stay professional. Some valuable members who wanted to build the coin left because of him engaging a lot in flaming, trolling and wanting to have the last word on how quark should move on like we have seen also recently with his mimic coin and the other Thread where he started to accuse other coins of being a scam. If you noticed all these guys who left have critics about him and even some core members and i believe some people don't want to get involved with quark just because of kolin. Also on Reddit he is constantly spamming unrelated quark topics which i have to remove to keep things organised.
maok

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 09:12:12 AM

1. A hashrate issue
Yes but if Quark has hashrate problems so will the new coin which will rely on it. Other coins that have the same specs will make it on top if they have strong community, not if they have a social dev. In our case or in bitcoin's case for that matter, it doesn't hurt us if the main dev is gone or not responding as anyone can work on the code and improve it if they really want to. I don't hear bitcoiners complain about satoshi's lack of response in reaction to any of the issues that bitcoin has had after he left, so I don't see why we should complain about "developer is not responding" as we have a low hashrate  Lips sealed

maok

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 09:27:21 AM

Kolin made quark look bad 6 months ago where he as the face of quark did an awful job to stay professional. Some valuable members who wanted to build the coin left because of him engaging a lot in flaming, trolling and wanting to have the last word on how quark should move on like we have seen also recently with his mimic coin and the other Thread where he started to accuse other coins of being a scam. If you noticed all these guys who left have critics about him and even some core members and i believe some people don't want to get involved with quark just because of kolin. Also on Reddit he is constantly spamming unrelated quark topics which i have to remove to keep things organised.
Ok I understand, its really doing alot of harm to Quark from that perspective, but if people don't want to get involved in Quark because of Kolin, then they shouldn't get involved in any other coin which has users with this nefarious status. Those people will never understand how a decentralized system works and all that Kolin is doing is just talking talking he has no power over Quark. I mean why should people blame Bitcoin for Karpeles scandal ?? Karpeles has done ALOT MORE shit and negative press for Bitcoin than Kolin has, so why would people LEAVE BITCOIN ?? just because Karpeles is using Bitcoin and proposing stupid ideas on twitter..

maok

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 09:39:13 AM

Yes you just made 2-3 posts about X1N algos before this post and talked very negative about Quark because a user of Quark(Kolin) is still using this thread or reddit to post his ideas, so how would you like to remove him ? Banning him from posting or what ? As far as I see it, you can go with your Cloak pump and leave Quark alone, we don't need speculators.

Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 09:49:30 AM

Ok I understand, its really doing alot of harm to Quark from that perspective, but if people don't want to get involved in Quark because of Kolin, then they shouldn't get involved in any other coin which has users with this nefarious status. Those people will never understand how a decentralized system works and all that Kolin is doing is just talking talking he has no power over Quark. I mean why should people blame Bitcoin for Karpeles scandal ?? Karpeles has done ALOT MORE shit and negative press for Bitcoin than Kolin has, so why would people LEAVE BITCOIN ?? just because Karpeles is using Bitcoin and proposing stupid ideas on twitter..

Bitcoin has many representers and has a bigger network, also karpeles screw up really did it's blow to the Bitcoin price as well as the community. He was also removed from the Bitcoin foundation.
reRaise

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 10:06:35 AM

@kitaco

That xblabla crap is retarded and over hyped just for pump purposes. quark has random hashing which those don't, also the biggest 2 coins don't have x11-15-17-19-21 or whatever so at the end it comes down to marketing
Thule

Activity: 938
Merit: 276

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 10:21:07 AM

The main issue is not getting kolin away from leading but also getting his and max big wallets away.
60% of all coins......hmmm doesnt sound good and was the major reason why the community started fighting.
I really can't understand why you guys dont see this as an issue.This is killing each and every coin.

Those people will never understand how a decentralized system works

The issue is that holding 60% by a few people is getting the new centralisation since they will dictate the price the up or down of a coin.

Do you really want that the people who destroyed quark have again so much power ?

Remember rothschild.Its not important who is the leader ,as long as he has control over the money
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 11:10:36 AM

The main issue is not getting kolin away from leading but also getting his and max big wallets away.
60% of all coins......hmmm doesnt sound good and was the major reason why the community started fighting.
I really can't understand why you guys dont see this as an issue.This is killing each and every coin.

Those people will never understand how a decentralized system works

The issue is that holding 60% by a few people is getting the new centralisation since they will dictate the price the up or down of a coin.

Do you really want that the people who destroyed quark have again so much power ?

Remember rothschild.Its not important who is the leader ,as long as he has control over the money

Let's first establish some leadership.

I mean the community does not even know who are really currently part of the qrk foundation.

Who right now is at the core?

Vic ?  max (is he around any longer) , coinmama?, qrkfx

I mean qrk is so secretive and the dev only speaks to a few select members of the community?

Let's get some clear leadership set up and start moving forward. One thing is clear we need a great developer back involved with the project, for that we will need a development pot for incentive.

No point having all of the coins resting with people who have forgotten they own them. I bet there are a ton of people with a few 100 bucks worth of qrk that think they will open those wallets in 20years to millions of dollars. Right now we need people holding qrk who will get active in our community.

So

VIC, coinmama, qrkFX,  

stop being shy , come forward are you part of the current qrk foundation/core and would you be interested in being part of the leadership.

I would want pepoole to have incentive and interest in seeing qrk succeed so i hope the leadership would be qrk holders to the tune of 200k at the least.

The more i hear of the quarkFX proof of burn process, i like it since it seems to create usable funds for community and development, this is key for brining on a development team.

I still like the qrk ipo only companion coin, because i think it covers more bases and would appeal to more people. Since qrk could stay the mainstream face whilst the companion coin draws in anon pos seekers and test base for any new features we might want to consider adding to qrk later. Of course both could share services and marketing to a certain degree.

However since there seems little community support for the companion coin let's go proof of burn if people prefer that.

Whatever, we need funding for our current teams, we need leadership and a new lead developer who is active and will install some confidence in the future of qrk/darkquark/core or whatever the new coin will be called.

maok

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 11:10:43 AM

Oh holding 60% Quark ?  Cheesy Right. If we talk speculation then and I hold 30% of Bitcoin Cheesy The quark was well distributed in the early days to more than 1000 miners, I fail to see how 60% got in the hands of Kolin ?

Also Max doesn't hold much qrk, that was the problem because we wanted to create a fund for the dev team so that they are paid in QRK to continue to work and improving the protocol. Any new developer that wants to come and work will be paid from this pot which we'll try to raise it from core supporters.

Bitcoin has many representers and has a bigger network, also karpeles screw up really did it's blow to the Bitcoin price as well as the community. He was also removed from the Bitcoin foundation.
At the moment we don't have any foundation and we'll have one, Kolin will not be allowed to join it by the majority votes, simple as that. Those who left quark because they thought he was in control were simply not on terms on how a decentralized community works, people TALK and express their ideas or maybe do negative press and could create the illusion of power but in fact NO one is in charge. I think those who left Quark just needed an scapegoat for the decline in price and now they come here posing as heroes who recommended `cloak` to other quark universe members! WTF, these kind of people will leave their new found love coin just like they left Quark and will find a new scapegoat for their new coin too.

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 11:19:34 AM

Oh holding 60% Quark ?  Cheesy Right. If we talk speculation then and I hold 30% of Bitcoin Cheesy The quark was well distributed in the early days to more than 1000 miners, I fail to see how 60% got in the hands of Kolin ?

Also Max doesn't hold much qrk, that was the problem because we wanted to create a fund for the dev team so that they are paid in QRK to continue to work and improving the protocol. Any new developer that wants to come and work will be paid from this pot which we'll try to raise it from core supporters.

At the moment we don't have any foundation and we'll have one, Kolin will not be allowed to join it by the majority votes, simple as that. Those who left quark because they thought he was in control were simply not on terms on how a decentralized community works, people TALK and express their ideas or maybe do negative press and could create the illusion of power but in fact NO one is in charge. I think those who left Quark just needed an scapegoat for the decline in price and now they come here posing as heroes who recommended `cloak` to other quark universe members! WTF, these kind of people will leave their new found love coin just like they left Quark and will find a new scapegoat for their new coin too.

Let's start with building the foundation now then so it is transparent and we all know who form the leadership here.

I have seen names mentioned in relation to the current qrk foundation who i have never heard of. I mean let's get everyone out in the open and have some transparency of leadership which will lead to more confidence in the future of qrk.

Can someone create a list of qrk inner circle members here.

Vic
Coinmama
QuarkFX

Huh? who else.

maok

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 11:42:01 AM

Can someone create a list of qrk inner circle members here.

Vic
Coinmama
QuarkFX

Huh? who else.
there is no inner circle, there are only Quark core supporters, if anyone is a quark believer then he'll be part of the foundation team automatically unless the majority will not want to, the new forum is ready and only details needs to be established about how to raise the pot for dev team and quark projects, current quark supporters are listed here http://quarktalk.org/index.php?members/&type=staff
I hope we'll have an open IRC meeting in the next week or so to lay down a more clearer path of how to raise funds, I hoped that we could create a P2sh address for quark but unfortunately I just learned that Max didn't participate in last week meeting in which the multisig implementation would've been raised. We will work out the details but meanwhile I hope quarkers just stop getting manipulated by Thule or others, its clear they have their own agenda and only try to discriminate Quark by posing ridiculous things like 60% Kolin, X1N algos, etc.

Pages: « 1 ... 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 [325] 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 ... 443 »
  Print  

Jump to: