Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:34:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 [312] 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 ... 443 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [QRK] Quark | Core 0.10 upgrade  (Read 1031111 times)
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 09:57:52 PM

Looks sweet quarkfx
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
c4shm3n

Activity: 719
Merit: 500

CLOAK Private,Secure & Untraceable Digitalcurrency

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 06:31:24 AM

great job quarkfx!

Gut gemacht weiter so!

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,        
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖      
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌    
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,  
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌  
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌  
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`  
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████    
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜      
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀        
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin | CloakCoin Private, Secure, Untraceable & Decentralized Digitalcurrency |  Enigma
Chat | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Forum |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram | Faucet
c4shm3n

Activity: 719
Merit: 500

CLOAK Private,Secure & Untraceable Digitalcurrency

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 10:04:51 AM

check this out:

http://www.reddit.com/r/QuarkCoin/comments/2a4pnz/earning_quarks_for_contributing_to_the_community/

we searching for any helpers in our new project!

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,        
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖      
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌    
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,  
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌  
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌  
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`  
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████    
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜      
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀        
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin | CloakCoin Private, Secure, Untraceable & Decentralized Digitalcurrency |  Enigma
Chat | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Forum |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram | Faucet
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 10:31:45 AM

1. Elect a true community manager/s that have time/energy to unite the qrk community. VIC. DI ....some not scared to give things a try.
2. Bring back the investors holding qrk to discuss the future projects/services.
3. Solve the chain security issue.
4. Get some projects/services going. (funded by ROI or other ways)
5. Stop missing out on the hype trains that bring in new BTC and community members.
6. Start reaching out once more beyond the crypto communities
7. QRk exchange for fiat only.  No other crypto. No point reaching out and finding people that have not heard of crypto only to introduce them to 400 other coins.

1. Only 2 persons you qualify as being dedicated managers for Quark ? Its ok but can you ask them come forward and create a poll where we can vote based on their plan and maybe we can vote for both of them or others who come forward ?
2. Does anyone know who those investors are ? How to establish communication channel with them ?
7. You mean something like bitstamp for bitcoin, only qrk usd/eur ? QEX are not serious at all, they have alot of problems and even now I'm waiting for an quark withdrawal for more than 10 hours, website down last days, we need something trouble-free I agree.

the companion coin could provide  - funding for features to be developed, services to be developed, create a dev pot, bring back disinterested qrk holders, bring in people that love hype and features with their btc and input, lead to much more interest in ROI projects, more activity = more back links more buzz.

trash out the manner we implement the companion coin and go for it. There is nothing to lose, 400 coins and rising
The way I see it you want to create a new coin on top of those 400 and you think that will create interest & activity from old & new quarkers, but if its just another coin I don't see anything of substance there. However if the devs can create a sidechain technology then those companion coin would become a sidechain coin which will be linked directly with quark and will also help the network security. Think of it this way: on top of sidechain technology anyone can come and create their coin which they can mine helping the Quark network with their hashrate but without the ability of attacking the network, thus a sidechain coin called QuarkASIC could be created and asic miners can mine on that sidechain and 100 QAsic will translate to 1 Quark. I know the technicalities of creating such feature are very time consuming and hard to implement but then all the activity&interest will be based on something with substance which will attract new investors not on some other coin on top of those 400 which will offer no guarantees to those potential investors...

Yes, anyone or any new team could come forward for the creation and management of the new companion coin. I think VIC would be a good choice, but it could be done as you say.

Bill can contact those investors outside of this board.

I just mean a QRK shop. Fiat to QRK for simple purchase of QRK.

The companion coin will solve a lot of the issues qrk has as i explained. If you take time to consider the IPO available to qrk holders only and run through it you will see it solves a lot of issues qrk has. I still say the superblock is a much better solution, but since people have issue with it then the companion coin if handled correctly will do a lot of good. Look at QRK it is sinking like a stone. No sign of MAX there is no real leadership or community. Things can not get any worse  qrk will be worth zero in another few months.

I would do the companion coin like this.

36million - coin must have everything people want and lots of active development on the coin itself......anon, pos, sms wallets, bla bla everything people want, no point saying it's all junk and hype whilst they sit in the top 5 market cap and qrk sinks to 50th place. You must give the market what it wants or die.

cost of the new coin is 10 quark each if you want the new coin you will need to purchase qrk first. So if the coin looks desirable people will need to purchase qrks to get some. But wait, there are no qrks for sale, most are held by investors who have forgotten they own qrk or waiting for it to magically go to 100 bucks per qrk.  Price of qrk will rise. Giving the pot of qrks even greater purchasing power for development.

The foundation will have a large pot of qrks coming their way in return for the companion coin. These can be held in transparent pubic wallets, there is no trust needed. These can be used to fund projects, services, and developments for both coins. The 6 million remaing companion coins  will be held in public transparent wallets too so no trust required there either. These coins and the big pot of qrks can be used as the community sees fit.

We need to bring in a totally new development team governed by the qrk foundation. These teams development/marketing community managers etc will be part of the qrk team essentially since their cut of qrks and the new companion coins will be linked to the successful completion of tasks set.

I see zero negatives of this companion coin. Let's stop sitting here wasting time and do something. The question here is who can actually get this done? I say VIC should do this and get paid well for doing it. He has worked his ass of for essentially nothing for months. Imagine he had some funding behind him to pay to bring on other developers, project managers etc.

Once this is rollling and we have the interest of qrk holders again we need ROI projects ready to roll.

A QRK store - fiat to qrk is essential. No other crypto involved even btc.

ycagel

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 02:04:32 PM

So essentially the companion coin is a way for Quark holders to convert and hold those coins? How do you envision this to work when a large QRK holder converts to a coin with much lower supply?

YC

1. Elect a true community manager/s that have time/energy to unite the qrk community. VIC. DI ....some not scared to give things a try.
2. Bring back the investors holding qrk to discuss the future projects/services.
5. Stop missing out on the hype trains that bring in new BTC and community members.
7. QRk exchange for fiat only.  No other crypto. No point reaching out and finding people that have not heard of crypto only to introduce them to 400 other coins.

1. Only 2 persons you qualify as being dedicated managers for Quark ? Its ok but can you ask them come forward and create a poll where we can vote based on their plan and maybe we can vote for both of them or others who come forward ?
2. Does anyone know who those investors are ? How to establish communication channel with them ?
7. You mean something like bitstamp for bitcoin, only qrk usd/eur ? QEX are not serious at all, they have alot of problems and even now I'm waiting for an quark withdrawal for more than 10 hours, website down last days, we need something trouble-free I agree.

the companion coin could provide  - funding for features to be developed, services to be developed, create a dev pot, bring back disinterested qrk holders, bring in people that love hype and features with their btc and input, lead to much more interest in ROI projects, more activity = more back links more buzz.

trash out the manner we implement the companion coin and go for it. There is nothing to lose, 400 coins and rising
The way I see it you want to create a new coin on top of those 400 and you think that will create interest & activity from old & new quarkers, but if its just another coin I don't see anything of substance there. However if the devs can create a sidechain technology then those companion coin would become a sidechain coin which will be linked directly with quark and will also help the network security. Think of it this way: on top of sidechain technology anyone can come and create their coin which they can mine helping the Quark network with their hashrate but without the ability of attacking the network, thus a sidechain coin called QuarkASIC could be created and asic miners can mine on that sidechain and 100 QAsic will translate to 1 Quark. I know the technicalities of creating such feature are very time consuming and hard to implement but then all the activity&interest will be based on something with substance which will attract new investors not on some other coin on top of those 400 which will offer no guarantees to those potential investors...

Yes, anyone or any new team could come forward for the creation and management of the new companion coin. I think VIC would be a good choice, but it could be done as you say.

The companion coin will solve a lot of the issues qrk has as i explained. If you take time to consider the IPO available to qrk holders only and run through it you will see it solves a lot of issues qrk has. I still say the superblock is a much better solution, but since people have issue with it then the companion coin if handled correctly will do a lot of good. Look at QRK it is sinking like a stone. No sign of MAX there is no real leadership or community. Things can not get any worse  qrk will be worth zero in another few months.

36million - coin must have everything people want and lots of active development on the coin itself......anon, pos, sms wallets, bla bla everything people want, no point saying it's all junk and hype whilst they sit in the top 5 market cap and qrk sinks to 50th place. You must give the market what it wants or die.

cost of the new coin is 10 quark each if you want the new coin you will need to purchase qrk first. So if the coin looks desirable people will need to purchase qrks to get some. But wait, there are no qrks for sale, most are held by investors who have forgotten they own qrk or waiting for it to magically go to 100 bucks per qrk.  Price of qrk will rise. Giving the pot of qrks even greater purchasing power for development.

The foundation will have a large pot of qrks coming their way in return for the companion coin. These can be held in transparent pubic wallets, there is no trust needed. These can be used to fund projects, services, and developments for both coins. The 6 million remaing companion coins  will be held in public transparent wallets too so no trust required there either. These coins and the big pot of qrks can be used as the community sees fit.

We need to bring in a totally new development team governed by the qrk foundation. These teams development/marketing community managers etc will be part of the qrk team essentially since their cut of qrks and the new companion coins will be linked to the successful completion of tasks set.

I see zero negatives of this companion coin. Let's stop sitting here wasting time and do something. The question here is who can actually get this done? I say VIC should do this and get paid well for doing it. He has worked his ass of for essentially nothing for months. Imagine he had some funding behind him to pay to bring on other developers, project managers etc.

Once this is rollling and we have the interest of qrk holders again we need ROI projects ready to roll.

reRaise

Activity: 868

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 02:15:33 PM
Last edit: July 08, 2014, 02:46:28 PM by reRaise

So essentially the companion coin is a way for Quark holders to convert and hold those coins? How do you envision this to work when a large QRK holder converts to a coin with much lower supply?

YC

the companion coin could provide  - funding for features to be developed, services to be developed, create a dev pot, bring back disinterested qrk holders, bring in people that love hype and features with their btc and input, lead to much more interest in ROI projects, more activity = more back links more buzz.

The companion coin will solve a lot of the issues qrk has as i explained. If you take time to consider the IPO available to qrk holders only and run through it you will see it solves a lot of issues qrk has. I still say the superblock is a much better solution, but since people have issue with it then the companion coin if handled correctly will do a lot of good. Look at QRK it is sinking like a stone. No sign of MAX there is no real leadership or community. Things can not get any worse  qrk will be worth zero in another few months.

cost of the new coin is 10 quark each if you want the new coin you will need to purchase qrk first. So if the coin looks desirable people will need to purchase qrks to get some. But wait, there are no qrks for sale, most are held by investors who have forgotten they own qrk or waiting for it to magically go to 100 bucks per qrk.  Price of qrk will rise. Giving the pot of qrks even greater purchasing power for development.

The foundation will have a large pot of qrks coming their way in return for the companion coin. These can be held in transparent pubic wallets, there is no trust needed. These can be used to fund projects, services, and developments for both coins. The 6 million remaing companion coins  will be held in public transparent wallets too so no trust required there either. These coins and the big pot of qrks can be used as the community sees fit.

No that's not the goal of the new coin, as far as i know a new coin will be made where quark is going to be merge mined with. One of the goals is to make the quark network stronger and more secure, people are free to buy the coin. See this reply for more details https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=260031.msg7672737#msg7672737 Some things can be changed though don't know if it's the final, but this is the basic idea for the plan as far as i'm informed
quarkfx

Activity: 396
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 03:43:55 PM

as far as i know a new coin will be made where quark is going to be merge mined with

This is not decided. If you followed this thread you will see that are diffrrent opinion in the community and we should prepare well if we decide to go this way. Just my opinion.
reRaise

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 06:07:00 PM

as far as i know a new coin will be made where quark is going to be merge mined with

This is not decided. If you followed this thread you will see that are diffrrent opinion in the community and we should prepare well if we decide to go this way. Just my opinion.

What is your opinion about actually join with an algorithm that IS ASIC mine able? Like Bitcoins algorithm. I'm against ASICs in general, but they do serve to lock people in and that means tying a certain amount of capital to the network.

I believe cryptos are the future, but GPU mining is not. It is a crude backyard-engineering method of confirming coin trades. The reality is ASICs are what is needed for coins to be successful long term. And wouldn't ASICS make quarks network even more stronger since it's merge mined with a coin that can be mined with ASICS?
Hilux74
Legendary

Activity: 912

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 07:41:13 PM

Unless the companion coin also uses the Quark algorithm and has some purpose that compliments Quark it is a bad idea and sends all the wrong messages.

If it uses an algo other than Quark you are saying Quark algo is not the best...that is no help to Quark.

If it serves no purpose or compliment it would just be another competitor for the same crowd...like if coke and pepsi were both from the same company spending millions on advertising campaigns against themselves.

If Quark is the fast transaction standard for business then the companion coin should either be 1) a mid to high % pos coin that people like to hold and stack like silver bars with a mid level block time and a steady pow reward...think Cthulu for reward amount and slow rate of halving, and Hobonickels for pos rate, or 2) it should be an Anonymous type coin, though I think there are already enough of those with a few clear winners in that race. 

It has been said that pow+pos coins like HBN, CAPs, TEK etc need a lot of dev maintanance but I don't see any of those Devs even mentioning that.  There are ZERO quark algo POW + POS out there now.  That would be UNIQUE.  It also doesn't interfere or compete with Quark as the strategies and mindset for holding/trading higher interest POS/POW coins is different than that of Quark.  A premine would create a nice Dev trustfund that stakes and generates more revenue.  If managed well the draw vs replenishment can be balanced.  Some could also be used for social justice campaigns like HBN that donate some stake to various charities.

I think if you are going to bother with a companion coin then make it an obvious attempt at something, not just a useless clone with no vision or purpose other than a hashrate bump for a month until it is pumped on mintpal and dies like the other 75 coins released last month.
reRaise

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 10:09:02 PM

Unless the companion coin also uses the Quark algorithm and has some purpose that compliments Quark it is a bad idea and sends all the wrong messages.

If it uses an algo other than Quark you are saying Quark algo is not the best...that is no help to Quark.

If it serves no purpose or compliment it would just be another competitor for the same crowd...like if coke and pepsi were both from the same company spending millions on advertising campaigns against themselves.

If Quark is the fast transaction standard for business then the companion coin should either be 1) a mid to high % pos coin that people like to hold and stack like silver bars with a mid level block time and a steady pow reward...think Cthulu for reward amount and slow rate of halving, and Hobonickels for pos rate, or 2) it should be an Anonymous type coin, though I think there are already enough of those with a few clear winners in that race. 

It has been said that pow+pos coins like HBN, CAPs, TEK etc need a lot of dev maintanance but I don't see any of those Devs even mentioning that.  There are ZERO quark algo POW + POS out there now.  That would be UNIQUE.  It also doesn't interfere or compete with Quark as the strategies and mindset for holding/trading higher interest POS/POW coins is different than that of Quark.  A premine would create a nice Dev trustfund that stakes and generates more revenue.  If managed well the draw vs replenishment can be balanced.  Some could also be used for social justice campaigns like HBN that donate some stake to various charities.

I think if you are going to bother with a companion coin then make it an obvious attempt at something, not just a useless clone with no vision or purpose other than a hashrate bump for a month until it is pumped on mintpal and dies like the other 75 coins released last month.

Good points as well
quarkfx

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 10:33:05 PM

Good points Hilux. The more I think about the companion coin idea the more I become unsure whether it is a good strategy, because as you mention it will be hard to understand why there is a second coin and it certainly needs a purpose. Earlier I recommended to make this an "experiment" coin but even that doesn´t convince me any more because if it is "too" experimental people will wonder why they should mine it at all and if it is really good then people will ask "why Quark"

I think that the current situation brought up a lot of good discussions that are valuable even if we don´t go one or the other way. Is your suggestion to turn Quark into a POW+POS coin or are you reffering to the companion coin? (I guess the latter) Also, would PoW+PoS lower the "issue" of a low hashrate?
Coinmama2014

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 03:18:41 AM

Good points as well

If the companion coin is merge-mined with Quark, it must be a quark algo in order to merge..
The tricky part is coming up with the features that will be of interest to people-
I do like the idea of a longer term distribution/higher value coin with anonymous features--The reason I like anonymous features (if done right -i.e. no chance of double spending),is because the govt is stating they are in favor of Bitcoin regulation- These words mean tracking finances to me- a Quark algo coin with anonymous features merge-mined to increase hashrate and provide some infrastructure funds would be a nice scenario... Grin

Coinmama: Kiss Kiss
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 11:16:20 AM
Last edit: July 09, 2014, 11:37:04 AM by cryptohunter

It has been said that pow+pos coins like HBN, CAPs, TEK etc need a lot of dev maintanance but I don't see any of those Devs even mentioning that.  There are ZERO quark algo POW + POS out there now.  That would be UNIQUE.  It also doesn't interfere or compete with Quark as the strategies and mindset for holding/trading higher interest POS/POW coins is different than that of Quark.  A premine would create a nice Dev trustfund that stakes and generates more revenue. If managed well the draw vs replenishment can be balanced.  Some could also be used for social justice campaigns like HBN that donate some stake to various charities.

Good points as well

If the companion coin is merge-mined with Quark, it must be a quark algo in order to merge..
The tricky part is coming up with the features that will be of interest to people-
I do like the idea of a longer term distribution/higher value coin with anonymous features--The reason I like anonymous features (if done right -i.e. no chance of double spending),is because the govt is stating they are in favor of Bitcoin regulation- These words mean tracking finances to me- a Quark algo coin with anonymous features merge-mined to increase hashrate and provide some infrastructure funds would be a nice scenario... Grin

Wow it seems pretty difficult to get people to understand how the companion coin would be of help to QRK.

These are some things we need to solve right now ..... please comment on them or add more specific changes improvements - abstract analogies do not help

Mining it at all is NO use to current qrk holders other than to help secure the chain if it is merge mined. To me i'd rather just see POS introduced that another merge mined coin. If we are just talking about securing the chain at least that way current qrk holders have advantage over persons not even interested in qrk

The companion coin should be a POS coin that is fully premined with a development pot there already. Otherwise it solves zero of the other problems we need to solve that qrk has. How does it create any kind of development fund for qrk? How does it bring back interest from qrk investors outside of the community that don't even mine?

Merged mining it solves only the hash rate issue nothing else. The companion coin needs to be 100% premined by the foundation and sold for qrk through ipo.

I see no logical reasoning from people saying this is pointless and has no benefits for qrk .... i just went through the steps of how it would push a pot of QRK to the foundation at the same time causing qrk price to rise, bring back interest from qrk investors, and increase the size of the community. You  have to be a qrk holder to get the new coin. That is the entire point of it. If it is just merge mined how does that help qrk holders any more than any other miner?

The new companion coin needs to have a great dev team behind it with some specific services. Some of which will not be ideal for qrk. These coins although can fund services and projects for both , not all services will be appropriate for qrk.

I mean we listed down a lot of the things we need to change with qrk. Let's start getting specific.... how does a new merged mined coin solve any of those issues.?

The algo although probably the best out there or amongst the best means nothing to me really, it is only a way to distribute the coins and keep the chain secured....they coins have been distributed already now. What algos it uses really means little. I mean i'm sure throwing in one more algo and putting that into the mix some would say that is improving it ie qrk is no longer the best. This is not important. Yes we need to secure the chain though.

What is important is that we are number 19 on cmc and falling fast. QRk can turn this around before we are number 100. We still have the wealth and means to become a large coin. Let's hurry up and use this current wealth we have to fund more development and services. That is the only important thing for the coin right now. Let's face it all alts and even btc.... whats the difference? that's right services and developments and perceived future success. Sure we want the anon, pos, sms, every single hype to propel us further by sucking in new blood and new btc to fund these services and developments.

People who seem to give strange analogies of other companies, goverments are not being specific in their arguments. Be specific, explain in detail the precise negative effects you can display the companion coin through ipo or part ipo / sidechain will have on qrk.

I still say there is zero. 10 other coins will be released today, each will promise more development and services that qrk has...... why? because this is what they will need to promise to get interest now. QRK is a dinosaur,  our multi algo pow was cool once and enough to get some interest. Those days are done, 20 other qrk based coins are already dead the algo is not the key alone to success. We are not dead already for a few reasons. 1 there is a core of development taking place by a few members who work hard for qrk, 2 a  lot of stubborn investors outside of crypto that will never sell until they are in profit, 3 the qrk name is still quite well known and there is a little bit of hope left for it. Make no mistake though qrk will continue on it's path down whilst more active communities are out there.

I have listed the benefits of the companion coin for qrk itself. It would be good to hear why exactly each of those benefits will not take place not just that it is a bit like the government or like coke and pepsi. Go through the benefits the companion coin can bring that i have listed and tell me why those will not happen. We need specific reasoned answers not just analogies that i don't think apply at all.

Also the negatives of introducing a companion coin through qrk ipo? what are they?

People are selling qrk for btc and other alts daily right now... that's right qrk will never see those btc again. Let's get them to give their qrk to the foundation in return for the new coin.

quarkfx

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 11:50:56 AM

I agree, we should be specific. I try my best to find some flaws to get a discussion going Wink

Mining it at all is NO use to current qrk holders other than to help secure the chain if it is merge mined. To me i'd rather just see POS introduced that another merge mined coin. If we are just talking about securing the chain at least that way current qrk holders have advantage over persons not even interested in qrk

First off, I see currently only one main issue that is the hashrate, because it will become a threat of the network and scare away people. A merge mining coin can help us to increase network stability. It won´t automatically solve the other issues that you address, but it will provide the basis for other things to happen. So I´d say, yes mining is currently only for keeping the chain secure and merge mining would help here. It is not the only solution, though. Will come back to that later.

So from what you say ("To me i'd rather just see POS introduced that another merge mined coin.") it sounds as if you were just for introducing POS instead of merge mining. We had this discussion some weeks ago and I think the baseline was that POS has too many flaws. I still think that there are some promising POW+POS projects out there we should consider as an alternative solution to merge mining.

Merged mining it solves only the hash rate issue nothing else. The companion coin needs to be 100% premined by the foundation and sold for qrk through ipo.

I see no logical reasoning from people saying this is pointless and has no benefits for qrk .... i just went through the steps of how it would push a pot of QRK to the foundation at the same time causing qrk price to rise, bring back interest from qrk investors, and increase the size of the community. You  have to be a qrk holder to get the new coin. That is the entire point of it. If it is just merge mined how does that help qrk holders any more than any other miner?

The new companion coin needs to have a great dev team behind it with some specific services. Some of which will not be ideal for qrk. These coins although can fund services and projects for both , not all services will be appropriate for qrk.

You address the need for funds to get things going. I only wonder what would happen if we create one hell of a coin that can only be bought with Quark. I would expect people rather investing in this coin and not in Quark so the Quarks would loose even more value and then the whole point would be missed. Maybe I got something wrong, so maybe you can comment on that again.

What is important is that we are number 19 on cmc and falling fast. QRk can turn this around before we are number 100. We still have the wealth and means to become a large coin. Let's hurry up and use this current wealth we have to fund more development and services. That is the only important thing for the coin right now. Let's face it all alts and even btc.... whats the difference? that's right services and developments and perceived future success. Sure we want the anon, pos, sms, every single hype to propel us further by sucking in new blood and new btc to fund these services and developments.

To me the falling price is an issue but it is not really a thing we should be scared about. I agree, Quark dropped to 19 and even 20 but many of the higher rated coins are new ones that are currently hyped. I also see that this shouldn´t make us happy about the development but we need to remember one thing: Quarks value is more than the price. It is the work we have done, the work we are currently doing and the structures we managed to establish + our active community. That´s why I don´t agree that this is the "only important thing for the coin right now". Most coins didn´t manage to build up a solid taskforce - we did. However, we sucked in getting our developer to be active and up to date. This needs to be changed and if it doesn´t change we need to take measures (I will post about this in an upcoming thread).

So I agree on your point, that new things needs to be implemented and some active devs. However, I don´t see why we shouldn´t be able to do this by raising money in the community. I have no doubts that we will be able to raise larger ammounts to pay for a developer who works on Quark and I think if it was only the development issue then we should prefer this to any other solution.

As I wrote I am for a merge mining concept to get the hashrate up and I wouldn´t have a problem with premining as long as the money would be a) administered by a solid, democratic and transparent Quark Foundation b) not paid (premine) out at once but based on a quarterly (or so) basis and c) has distinguishing features to Quark. I don´t see the problems with a) and b) - we will be able to do that. But when it comes to c) I wonder if the companion coin wouldn´t become either a competitor to Quark (if its good) or very bad promo (if its bad, gets pumped, etc.).

Aside from merge-mining I would like to see again discussions about POS+POW implementation. With regard to the value this alone won´t solve any issues but if we launch a series of new technologies like the one you mentioned (plus the ones I will present in another thread) I can see how interest will come back. This is why currently I tend to prefer to focuss on active devs who can work on a complete Quark overhaul that will make it more interesting and demonstrates our will to continue working on the protocol.
coinerer

Activity: 1316
Merit: 593

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 12:21:10 PM

This is my small step into supporting development of QuarkCoin. It is not too much maybe. Smiley

http://quarkcoin.orgfree.com

You can download and try newest QuarkCoin Wallet at     http://quarkcoin.orgfree.com/quarkcoin-0.8.3.24.zip

Wallet is compiled with all the latest available source codes Smiley

quark-master-0.8

boost_1_55_0
   db-4.8.30.NC
   libpng-1.6.12
   miniupnpc-1.9
   openssl-1.0.1h
   protobuf-2.5.0
   qrencode-3.4.3
   qtbase-opensource-src-5.3.0
   qttools-opensource-src-5.3.0

Do backup of your wallet before installing newest QuarkCoin Wallet.

This is the best what I can do at this moment for Quark development (maybe more soon, I hope). Smiley

Try this wallet and post your opinions at this thread! It works for me.

You can support this small steps Smiley by sending donations at QuarkCoin Wallet:     QgTsq3KKoCRBqzY7Z9WqHiNErP6yghky1S

█████████████████      ███████████████    ██████████  ████████    █████████████
    █    ███████   ███████  ████████      █████  ███████████ ████████    ██████   ██████  
        █████████   ███████  ████████      █████  ████████████████████  ████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ▅▅  ████████   ███████  ████████      █████  ████████████████████  ████████
  █  ▀▀  ████████████████    ████████      █████  ████████████████████    ██████████████
     ▅▅████████   ███████  ████████      █████  ████████████████████              █████    
       ▀▀████████   ███████  ████████      █████  ████████████████████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄      █████
▅▅▅▅▄ ████████   ███████  ████████      █████  ████████ ███████████  ▀▀██████████████
       █████████████████     ████████████████   ████████ ███████████    ▀▀▀██████████

Your Intro
Telegram Casino
to Fun & Entertainment
The Next-Gen
Gaming Space
    ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
  ▄▄█████████████▄▄
██▀               ▀████▄
                       ██
   ██            ■■    ██
 ██████        ■■  ■■  ███
   ██    ▀ ▀     ■■    ███      
     ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃        ██
    █████████████      ██
    ██          ████████▀
████▀           ▀█████▀
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 12:52:11 PM

I agree, we should be specific. I try my best to find some flaws to get a discussion going Wink

First off, I see currently only one main issue that is the hashrate, because it will become a threat of the network and scare away people. A merge mining coin can help us to increase network stability. It won´t automatically solve the other issues that you address, but it will provide the basis for other things to happen. So I´d say, yes mining is currently only for keeping the chain secure and merge mining would help here. It is not the only solution, though. Will come back to that later.

So from what you say ("To me i'd rather just see POS introduced that another merge mined coin.") it sounds as if you were just for introducing POS instead of merge mining. We had this discussion some weeks ago and I think the baseline was that POS has too many flaws. I still think that there are some promising POW+POS projects out there we should consider as an alternative solution to merge mining.

I see no logical reasoning from people saying this is pointless and has no benefits for qrk .... i just went through the steps of how it would push a pot of QRK to the foundation at the same time causing qrk price to rise, bring back interest from qrk investors, and increase the size of the community. You  have to be a qrk holder to get the new coin. That is the entire point of it. If it is just merge mined how does that help qrk holders any more than any other miner?

You address the need for funds to get things going. I only wonder what would happen if we create one hell of a coin that can only be bought with Quark. I would expect people rather investing in this coin and not in Quark so the Quarks would loose even more value and then the whole point would be missed. Maybe I got something wrong, so maybe you can comment on that again.

To me the falling price is an issue but it is not really a thing we should be scared about. I agree, Quark dropped to 19 and even 20 but many of the higher rated coins are new ones that are currently hyped. I also see that this shouldn´t make us happy about the development but we need to remember one thing: Quarks value is more than the price. It is the work we have done, the work we are currently doing and the structures we managed to establish + our active community. That´s why I don´t agree that this is the "only important thing for the coin right now". Most coins didn´t manage to build up a solid taskforce - we did. However, we sucked in getting our developer to be active and up to date. This needs to be changed and if it doesn´t change we need to take measures (I will post about this in an upcoming thread).

So I agree on your point, that new things needs to be implemented and some active devs. However, I don´t see why we shouldn´t be able to do this by raising money in the community. I have no doubts that we will be able to raise larger ammounts to pay for a developer who works on Quark and I think if it was only the development issue then we should prefer this to any other solution.

As I wrote I am for a merge mining concept to get the hashrate up and I wouldn´t have a problem with premining as long as the money would be a) administered by a solid, democratic and transparent Quark Foundation b) not paid (premine) out at once but based on a quarterly (or so) basis and c) has distinguishing features to Quark. I don´t see the problems with a) and b) - we will be able to do that. But when it comes to c) I wonder if the companion coin wouldn´t become either a competitor to Quark (if its good) or very bad promo (if its bad, gets pumped, etc.).

Aside from merge-mining I would like to see again discussions about POS+POW implementation. With regard to the value this alone won´t solve any issues but if we launch a series of new technologies like the one you mentioned (plus the ones I will present in another thread) I can see how interest will come back. This is why currently I tend to prefer to focuss on active devs who can work on a complete Quark overhaul that will make it more interesting and demonstrates our will to continue working on the protocol.

Hi thanks for commenting more on specifics so we can explore things to a deeper level.

Yes i agree the merged mining could secure the chain. However i see it has not real advantage to qrk holders over any other miners. Also a lot of large qrk holders/investors do not even mine. I just think POS gives added security and benefits only qrk holders.

Yes, if the companion coin became more desirable that qrk, it would still be no more competition than cloak, xc, dark, etc. It adds little extra downward pressure to qrks market compared to all the other competing alts. However, imagine the funds in qrk the foundation would accrue because people can only obtain it with qrk, imagine the price of the new coin if it became that desirable so that the built in dev pot of the companion coin would be worth a fortune for funding developments and services that can be used for BOTH coins because it is governed by the same foundation. It will have so many possible advantages for qrk and only the same downside as every other alt out there already in competition with qrk.

To me the falling price is a big issue. The reason being the devs we need to attract and the teams we need to get involved see fiat as the end result or btc if they are really crypto enthusiasts and not in it for fiat covertion asap as most are. If qrk was still 30k sats you would have no issue getting a ton of work, developments and projects done for a million or two quark. You are now looking at millions to give developers any real world guaranteed returns. Price of your coin is KEY to attracting developers marketing teams, project managers. We are 19 right now if we are 90 then you will see turning qrk around it going to be a HUGE job. Price is more important than you think. If we could sell a few $1M of qrk to keep VIC and some teams working full time on qrk for years you would see a lot more progress, a lot more people assuming a great future for qrk and bringing their BTC and efforts to the community. All the big coins that are NEW have a lot of developers that are loaded up on the coins they are working for. We have a key dev who probably has very little financial interest in qrk hence almost zero activity.

MAX did not take hardly any qrk. He therefore has little motivation. We need a development pot for motivation. This development pot needs to have some value. So we need it now not when qrks entire minting is worth vitually nothing. I look at CMC daily. I mean if i see less than 2% loss for qrk i start thinking this is a good day lol

Let's be realistic...

No active dev
small active core with zero funding?
most qrk investors outside of the crypto community.
chain looks insecure

VS

devs with tons of coins
community very active due to holding bunches of coins and being active members of the crypto community
tons of hype trains to ride due to promising every new feature and having devs to actually make this realistic.... sucking in new btc and new blood every day.
chains secure with many miners and pos.

POS is it really as problematic as some would have you believe?

how many issues have you had with PPC ?

POS needs constant attention? well if you have full time devs even if this is true it is not essentially a big problem. This is probably outweighed by the cost in energy of POW and sizable inflation required to keep miners even interested in securing the chain. I mean opening the wallet a couple of times a week to get 0.5% per year interest is better than mining away for energy costs or less than energy costs with inflation still running at reasonably high % each year.

Let's bring some real proven coders here to discuss how bad POS really is? sunny king let's ask him how much of an issue ppc is to him to maintain.

Sure qrk went crazy price and is reverting a bit to where it should be, but seriously if nothing changes qrk will get crushed by more motivated and better funded coins. It is happening now let's turn this around before it is too late.

quarkfx

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 02:52:07 PM

Hey cryptohunter, thanks for answering, I will come back to the points later on, now I need a break from Quark Wink

This is the proposal that I announced, please check in:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=683618.new#new
Coinmama2014

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 07:49:08 PM

This is my small step into supporting development of QuarkCoin. It is not too much maybe. Smiley

You can download and try newest QuarkCoin Wallet at     http://quarkcoin.orgfree.com/quarkcoin-0.8.3.24.zip

quark-master-0.8

boost_1_55_0
   db-4.8.30.NC
   libpng-1.6.12
   miniupnpc-1.9
   openssl-1.0.1h
   protobuf-2.5.0
   qrencode-3.4.3

This is the best what I can do at this moment for Quark development (maybe more soon, I hope). Smiley

You can support this small steps Smiley by sending donations at QuarkCoin Wallet:     QgTsq3KKoCRBqzY7Z9WqHiNErP6yghky1S

Hi there,
Can you comment a bit more on what exactly this is, for us non-techies?
And also post images of what this wallet looks like?
I am a bit confused as to why someone would download this, i.e., what is its value, and how do we know it can be trusted?
There is a concept GUI in the works from a C++ coder and another active Quark member who is a graphics designer--
The same C++ coder is now working with Max on updating the Bitcoin 0.9.x changes into the Quark wallet-
Thanks for the clarification on what you have provided here for us
- are you a C++ coder, and are you available to assist Max as well?
Please let me know and I will pass it on.

Coinmama2014

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 10:06:37 PM

You can download and try newest QuarkCoin Wallet at     http://quarkcoin.orgfree.com/quarkcoin-0.8.3.24.zip

quark-master-0.8

boost_1_55_0
   db-4.8.30.NC
   libpng-1.6.12
   miniupnpc-1.9
   openssl-1.0.1h
   protobuf-2.5.0
   qrencode-3.4.3

You can support this small steps Smiley by sending donations at QuarkCoin Wallet:     QgTsq3KKoCRBqzY7Z9WqHiNErP6yghky1S

I have received the following comment from our dev team regarding this post, until you can prove otherwise? Thank you- Meantime, I have contacted the moderators... If you can prove that you have good intentions and can make your changes publicly viewable, I will edit this post accordingly:
"My first reaction is to stay away!  It's a zip file containing a binary, with no source code available.  Additionally, the text of his post does not mention him adding a single feature, he just lists the libraries he has on his computer that he used when compiling (who cares?).  

Even if it's not a scam, if he wants to make changes to the wallet, he should fork the source code on github and make his changes publicly viewable.  If they are minor ones he should just submit pull requests for them to Max, or Someguy1234 if it's a quark-social specific change.

So my advise is to mark it as a scam and tell people to stay away."

quarkfx

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 10:24:29 PM

"My first reaction is to stay away!

Was my first reaction, too.
Pages: « 1 ... 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 [312] 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 ... 443 »
  Print  

Jump to: