Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:08:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 [326] 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 ... 443 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [QRK] Quark | Core 0.10 upgrade  (Read 1031111 times)
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 12:07:23 PM

Let's start with building the foundation now then so it is transparent and we all know who form the leadership here.

I have seen names mentioned in relation to the current qrk foundation who i have never heard of. I mean let's get everyone out in the open and have some transparency of leadership which will lead to more confidence in the future of qrk.

Can someone create a list of qrk inner circle members here.

Vic
Coinmama
QuarkFX

Huh? who else.

See this list for the core members http://quarktalk.org/index.php?members/&type=staff

quarkfx is there and coinmama as well and Vic should be there as well, also you should sign up.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
maok

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 12:32:07 PM

I think I made myself look like a fool because I just checked Quark code and we already have multisig capabilities!  Roll Eyes  Shocked

QRKHn6UK3ToS53V6jD1rYWRYS4mxQ1mako
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▀▄▀▄▀ Quark core wallet updates  ▀▄▀▄▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
dragonseer

Activity: 611
Merit: 500

Anglo Saxon Crypto Enthusiast

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 12:52:44 PM

The main issue is not getting kolin away from leading but also getting his and max big wallets away.
60% of all coins......hmmm doesnt sound good and was the major reason why the community started fighting.
I really can't understand why you guys dont see this as an issue.This is killing each and every coin.

Those people will never understand how a decentralized system works

The issue is that holding 60% by a few people is getting the new centralisation since they will dictate the price the up or down of a coin.

Do you really want that the people who destroyed quark have again so much power ?

Remember rothschild.Its not important who is the leader ,as long as he has control over the money

Let's first establish some leadership.

I mean the community does not even know who are really currently part of the qrk foundation.

Who right now is at the core?

Vic ?  max (is he around any longer) , coinmama?, qrkfx

I mean qrk is so secretive and the dev only speaks to a few select members of the community?

Let's get some clear leadership set up and start moving forward. One thing is clear we need a great developer back involved with the project, for that we will need a development pot for incentive.

No point having all of the coins resting with people who have forgotten they own them. I bet there are a ton of people with a few 100 bucks worth of qrk that think they will open those wallets in 20years to millions of dollars. Right now we need people holding qrk who will get active in our community.

So

VIC, coinmama, qrkFX,  

stop being shy , come forward are you part of the current qrk foundation/core and would you be interested in being part of the leadership.

I would want pepoole to have incentive and interest in seeing qrk succeed so i hope the leadership would be qrk holders to the tune of 200k at the least.

The more i hear of the quarkFX proof of burn process, i like it since it seems to create usable funds for community and development, this is key for brining on a development team.

I still like the qrk ipo only companion coin, because i think it covers more bases and would appeal to more people. Since qrk could stay the mainstream face whilst the companion coin draws in anon pos seekers and test base for any new features we might want to consider adding to qrk later. Of course both could share services and marketing to a certain degree.

However since there seems little community support for the companion coin let's go proof of burn if people prefer that.

Whatever, we need funding for our current teams, we need leadership and a new lead developer who is active and will install some confidence in the future of qrk/darkquark/core or whatever the new coin will be called.

RE: Leadership the key thing is that we know for example that if we want to post a bounty if someone will do escrow. So let's say I could be treasurer for example, or at least I want to know who is. So I can post a bounty and have it be looked after by an active community member who holds some Quark. I've got about 40,000 Quark, are we going to start naming board members with stated amounts in their portfolio??

Crypto sales and more here: https://www.ebay.com.au/usr/dragon-seer
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 12:55:17 PM
Last edit: July 28, 2014, 01:15:36 PM by cryptohunter

ah thanks, i see it now.

Yeah, sad to hear max did not show for the discussion. I think we can assume we need a new development team if we are to take qrk further.

1. leadership
2. funding
3. development team/marketing team ... whitepapers and plans.

Funding is the key problem.

proof of burn will work if done as qrkfx states

donations would work but why should we donate when huge wallets will give nothing but gain the most from any work done. I think this is the reason most will not donate and it's a valid point.

the people i have spoken to from the foundation before seem very driven and smart people. I'm sure we can fund them to work together on qrk or qrk companion coin great things could be done.

Another perhaps even more radical move could be to bond with another coins community and create a hybrid coin. I mean qrk still has top 20 position, and although the minting is 300M i would say a huge proportion is taken off of the market never to return until some of those investors consider opening their wallets in another 20 years.

Or rather let another coin with some very talented developers bond with QRK and benefit from the QRK name, i think it is one of the most known and nicest names out there, we have the shaq game lined up, already on exchanges, some great people that think big working behind the scenes, community members that are established on the board.

Not some coin like mimimi junk, i mean a coin with a proven dedicated and motivated developer whom if had a lot more support, funding and our current teams behind him could bring some great things to qrk. Perhaps something similar in size to qrks market cap.

Transparency and community consultation/involvement would be key to this.

Some of these new coins really do have some good tech devs leading them but they are fighting it out because they have come in late to the game compared to qrk. A symbiotic relationship could well be formed here between the right communities.

I think there are a lot of qrk holders that would be interested in absorbing a great dev and great community.

That's quite a strange idea i guess but just one i though some could read and consider. All we really need is some confidence again and some indications we are moving forward again.

However, the proof of burn seems interesting since it does establish a development pot too. If more people are happy with that than the qrk only ipo companion coin that's cool we should get some excellent developers onboard and ask them what % of the minting will be required to keep them onboard. Of course they will only get it released to them gradually.

The burn address is kind of hard to prove according to people that i have asked. Because you need proof the private keys have been destroyed 100%? how would you know the person setting up the burn address deleted the private keys 100%?

The more i think about the burn idea i quite like it, because if by burning a quark you'd get 0.7 atom (or whatever name we use, i think we could use atom because 1 i suggested it to the dev of molecule being sarcastic because he just cloned qrk and called in molecule, and 2 that coin is dead long ago)

so

0.7 atom
0.15 atom goes to the foundation pot
0.15 released back to the community for activity and participation.

of course atom is just an example we can come up with a better name or if possible keep the name Quark.

superblock
qrk only ipo companion
qrk burning
coin merge

all if handled correctly could do a lot of good for qrk.

I mean i agree with people saying why don't we just all focus on marketing qrk, building services for qrk, get a new developer for qrk.

Funding is key to all of those things, people will not do if for free and those large investors in qrk ....well they are just sitting there waiting for someone else to make them wealthy.

Would be ideal if those on the new foundation were fairly large qrk holders though. I mean nothing motivates humans like personal gain.

maok

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 01:14:09 PM

Ok so I tested the multisig address and it works http://quarktalk.org/index.php?threads/quark-foundation-multisig-address.16/#post-23, however I need some help on how to spend from that address. It involves 2 out of 3 to sign the transaction but still unclear of the steps in terms of rpc commands, if someone knows please share.

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 01:17:31 PM

The main issue is not getting kolin away from leading but also getting his and max big wallets away.
60% of all coins......hmmm doesnt sound good and was the major reason why the community started fighting.
I really can't understand why you guys dont see this as an issue.This is killing each and every coin.

Those people will never understand how a decentralized system works

The issue is that holding 60% by a few people is getting the new centralisation since they will dictate the price the up or down of a coin.

Do you really want that the people who destroyed quark have again so much power ?

Remember rothschild.Its not important who is the leader ,as long as he has control over the money

Let's first establish some leadership.

I mean the community does not even know who are really currently part of the qrk foundation.

Who right now is at the core?

Vic ?  max (is he around any longer) , coinmama?, qrkfx

I mean qrk is so secretive and the dev only speaks to a few select members of the community?

Let's get some clear leadership set up and start moving forward. One thing is clear we need a great developer back involved with the project, for that we will need a development pot for incentive.

No point having all of the coins resting with people who have forgotten they own them. I bet there are a ton of people with a few 100 bucks worth of qrk that think they will open those wallets in 20years to millions of dollars. Right now we need people holding qrk who will get active in our community.

So

VIC, coinmama, qrkFX,  

stop being shy , come forward are you part of the current qrk foundation/core and would you be interested in being part of the leadership.

I would want pepoole to have incentive and interest in seeing qrk succeed so i hope the leadership would be qrk holders to the tune of 200k at the least.

The more i hear of the quarkFX proof of burn process, i like it since it seems to create usable funds for community and development, this is key for brining on a development team.

I still like the qrk ipo only companion coin, because i think it covers more bases and would appeal to more people. Since qrk could stay the mainstream face whilst the companion coin draws in anon pos seekers and test base for any new features we might want to consider adding to qrk later. Of course both could share services and marketing to a certain degree.

However since there seems little community support for the companion coin let's go proof of burn if people prefer that.

Whatever, we need funding for our current teams, we need leadership and a new lead developer who is active and will install some confidence in the future of qrk/darkquark/core or whatever the new coin will be called.

RE: Leadership the key thing is that we know for example that if we want to post a bounty if someone will do escrow. So let's say I could be treasurer for example, or at least I want to know who is. So I can post a bounty and have it be looked after by an active community member who holds some Quark. I've got about 40,000 Quark, are we going to start naming board members with stated amounts in their portfolio??

As strange as it sounds i think to be a board member or foundation member for qrk you would need a substantial amount of qrks to demostrate your commitment to the coin. I would suggest 200k as a minimum and some history in the qrk community.

Thule

Activity: 938
Merit: 276

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 01:26:36 PM

Why not making a hard fork?

Collecting quarks from all active users to one account if its not over xxxxxx coins (with checking history from where the quarks are coming (premine) ).Creating a list with all active members who gave their quarks before the hard fork.After the hard fork you create a super block giving 12% of the coin where 10% will be divided by the active members and 2% given to the new dev team.

This way you would get rid of all big fake wallets ,have clear structur,old members wont be kicked out or forgatten and no mining issues anymore

This way you would make a clean up,hold quark as brand and gain old power back.

After that you need a new clear leadership and devteam and quark is getting back attractv without
bad attitudes.

Of course Max and Kolin wont agree .....but you are the community and need to decide what is the best.

Changing dev team and leadership without changing fundamentals wont change anything
maok

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 01:26:52 PM

As strange as it sounds i think to be a board member or foundation member for qrk you would need a substantial amount of qrks to demostrate your commitment to the coin. I would suggest 200k as a minimum and some history in the qrk community.

Not exactly, if someone wants to be part of foundation and only participates with only $20-$50 yearly (about 1,500 - 4000 QRK), if there are 100 quarkers we'll have around 300,000 QRK available funds to pay dev team, an larger active community which will be involved in decisions and a complete decentralization to quark foundation. If you only allow those with > 200K then you'll only get 1-2 foundation members and we'll be in the same boat as we are now. We need more quarkers to come forward and promote it, not rely only on those 5-10% big purse holders.

fkinglag

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 02:14:40 PM

Hello all, lots of troubling politics and talk ITT lately.

Thought I'd come to express my concern for Quarkcoin and the community.

To fork or not to fork?

I absolutely do not think Quark needs to be forked. If you value anything about this coin you will not support forking it because it will be worthless. This would be due to the fact our coins would be useless/incompatible with the new fork of QRK. Correct me if I am wrong, please. From what I can tell a fork can only hurt a coin, and as far as I know, you cannot change a coin without re-writing/doing the entire blockchain.

KOLIN (areyoukiddingme.png)

Alright, people. Seriously, Kolin is a market manipulator and a liar.

You guys remember that he was in bed with Bill Still, right?

Here's some evidence: http://forum.qrk.cc/thread/1439/help-bill-quark-random-addresses

Forum Post
Bill is not from a strong Tech background but as you may know if you watch his videos, he has concerns around privacy .

So i will be helping him randomly move his Quark to random addresses , in a random nature , we are sure "team Reddit" will say he's "selling out" but in fact if anything he has indicated to me that he will be cost price averaging into Quark -

so we bid our Reddit friends good luck in tracking which wallet and address is where -

we came up with this solution as Bill did not want to change his official donation address on You Tube as that would encompass rather a large amount of work i'm told -

So just to be clear Bill wants to explain he is 100% for Quark as i have gone over the issues related to a slow distribution as covered in  the  Neutral control theory : forum.qrk.cc/thread/1416/neutral-control-principal-theory

apart from the other innovations Quark offers and will offer from investment aspects this distribution issue is key.

as it really adds up to investor security -

Regards.

Privacy.

Announcing to the public that you're moving large amounts of money..

I'm sorry, but that is definitely not what people do when they privately move large amounts of money.

The crude screenshot he posted in reply to the post he made.

https://i.imgur.com/Y78C7RQ.png

I can go on about how much of a bad person Kolin is in regards to how he behaves. However, I will not because if you don't see through his bullshit then you need to clear your lenses.
Thule

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 02:53:07 PM
Last edit: July 28, 2014, 03:04:13 PM by Thule

@fk

forking helped a lot of coins in the past which were accused of false distribution / scam .

If you do not wanna fork that means you agree that kolin and max will hold over 60% of the new solution ?
Ouch this way you can be sure the next solution will be a mess too as we both know kolin gives shit about a coin as long as he can make a quick buck.

The fork would be to kick out all these hidden wallets from kolin and max so you can say that at least 55% of these 60% will be kicked out and that a dumping wouldnt be possible anymore like they did in quark.

Why do you guys think Kolin is so extremly against a hard fork ?Because the coin could loose in faith which doesnt exist (hehe) or because he would loose his hidden wallets and his advantage
He even has banned half of the community and discredited them massivly because they started asking about these big hidden wallets and demanded changes just to protect these.Why do you think would somebody ban half of the community if he had no coins as he claimed to have 100k at these times Wink
fkinglag

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 03:36:50 PM
Last edit: July 28, 2014, 10:54:14 PM by fkinglag

forking helped a lot of coins in the past which were accused of false distribution / scam .

If you do not wanna fork that means you agree that kolin and max will hold over 60% of the new solution ?
Ouch this way you can be sure the next solution will be a mess too as we both know kolin gives shit about a coin as long as he can make a quick buck.

The fork would be to kick out all these hidden wallets from kolin and max so you can say that at least 55% of these 60% will be kicked out and that a dumping wouldnt be possible anymore like they did in quark.

Why do you guys think Kolin is so extremly against a hard fork ?Because the coin could loose in faith which doesnt exist (hehe) or because he would loose his hidden wallets and his advantage

Okay, I think I understand how Quarkcoin may benefit from a fork. Suppose that a fork does happen, I can't help but imagine lots of users would be negatively affected by the fork in the same way hidden wallets are. I find it fairly easy to rationalize the need for a fork because of the large wallet holders. Although, you can't demonize all the large wallets together, right? I mean, all of the large wallet holders can't all be in on some sort of quasi-distribution scheme. Maybe some are making an attempt, but I have a hard time believing all of them are to blame. What about the internationally-based QRK market exchanges? Aren't they also included in holding large volumes? I remember when Russia had more public-listed nodes than any other country. Doesn't that mean there should be large wallet holders over there, too? The dynamic has changed. Kolin is just a cancerous entity trying to take advantage where he can, when he can. Sure, there are large holders who are North American continent-based. I just can't imagine this issue being too black/white.

IMHO, I am skeptical of any alternative that changes the current state of things because of the potential for volatility and mass market manipulation. I think our energy is best invested in other forms of improvement upon QRK. Such as, educating people about what cryptocurrencies are in-general. Selling/Buying  goods/services for QRK. Mining QRK with p2pool and running a node. There is so much talk and lots of wild ideas related to forking. Not enough doing.

Edit: two words.
shadowphoenix

Activity: 50

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 03:40:14 PM

is it worth to buy this coin atm?
maok

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 03:52:29 PM

is it worth to buy this coin atm?
yes its undervalued right now due to negative press but it has potential to grow, both in community and price, but remember 1 million quarks are mined annually so its inflationary in nature don't expect big growth, expect a stable price around $0.02-$0.03

BugSpirit

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 04:33:11 PM

Folks, what I've read in 10 latest pages is some kind of hellish nonsence.

1. You propose some "companion coin" to COLLECT PEOPLES FUNDS for development and bounties. Know what? People don't like when their fund are collected even for saving the world. This is the clear scam for the majority which will only push the public away completely since as you probably know, Quark already have at least questionable reputation.
I have a big question considering this situation. If you have a viable community why the hell it needs some questionable technical stuff to simply organise and collect some funds? If you do need this stuff for such a purpose you don't have any viable community which could actually do something visible apart from covering each other with crap on forums.

2. Don't like BIG WALLETS for them doing nothing for you? Have a bad news for you: they are part of the game as they didn't break any rules. And changing the rules will ruin the Quark for everyone it will become clear that it could be changed again and again at any unpredictable way. So I advise to kill you envy and carry on.

3. Just why you unleashed such a baiting on Kolin? Someone even said that he ruined all our efforts. If one guy on forum ruined all your efforts in something it's not his fault it's your fault for you deeds are so miserable.

Let's imagine a situation. I'm a big wallet and I want to devote some of my millions to a community project as I'm interested in Quark succes. And I'm wandering around and look. To whom? On which project? Where is even a tiny guarantee of its success? You demand them to participate in "community efforts" but where are they? All you're doing is building castles in the air, fighting forum trolls and blaming each other for the losses.
Now you probably understand why big wallets escaping, fiat and bitcoin investors don't uppear.

I'm writing this not to insult someone. Just look at yourselves and think what could be done today and in future to help the quark and each other. Everyone could do something.

Still, we have GitHub repository:
https://github.com/MaxGuevara/quark
Not everyone able to code and write tests, but everyone can write faqs, tutorials, make translations to language you know.
We have trello boards:
https://trello.com/b/1hBBvhoE/quark-planet
https://trello.com/b/HatkOwER/merge-mine-to-support-the-qrk-network-project
https://trello.com/b/tswQsadm/the-iceland-project
https://trello.com/b/DG6wKzQu/eve-online
Please don't be shy and help people there. Or offer some project by yourself. There our community could establish more civilized discussion without troll fighting and crap throwing.
Even Shibe-stile promoting in social networks forcing stupid memes will bring more than half of this topic.
If everyone devote 5 minutes of his or her precious time to this Quark eventually rise and shine. Yes, it's that simple.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 07:49:24 PM

Folks, what I've read in 10 latest pages is some kind of hellish nonsence.

1. You propose some "companion coin" to COLLECT PEOPLES FUNDS for development and bounties. Know what? People don't like when their fund are collected even for saving the world. This is the clear scam for the majority which will only push the public away completely since as you probably know, Quark already have at least questionable reputation.
I have a big question considering this situation. If you have a viable community why the hell it needs some questionable technical stuff to simply organise and collect some funds? If you do need this stuff for such a purpose you don't have any viable community which could actually do something visible apart from covering each other with crap on forums.

2. Don't like BIG WALLETS for them doing nothing for you? Have a bad news for you: they are part of the game as they didn't break any rules. And changing the rules will ruin the Quark for everyone it will become clear that it could be changed again and again at any unpredictable way. So I advise to kill you envy and carry on.

3. Just why you unleashed such a baiting on Kolin? Someone even said that he ruined all our efforts. If one guy on forum ruined all your efforts in something it's not his fault it's your fault for you deeds are so miserable.

Let's imagine a situation. I'm a big wallet and I want to devote some of my millions to a community project as I'm interested in Quark succes. And I'm wandering around and look. To whom? On which project? Where is even a tiny guarantee of its success? You demand them to participate in "community efforts" but where are they? All you're doing is building castles in the air, fighting forum trolls and blaming each other for the losses.
Now you probably understand why big wallets escaping, fiat and bitcoin investors don't uppear.

I'm writing this not to insult someone. Just look at yourselves and think what could be done today and in future to help the quark and each other. Everyone could do something.

Still, we have GitHub repository:
https://github.com/MaxGuevara/quark
Not everyone able to code and write tests, but everyone can write faqs, tutorials, make translations to language you know.
We have trello boards:
https://trello.com/b/1hBBvhoE/quark-planet
https://trello.com/b/HatkOwER/merge-mine-to-support-the-qrk-network-project
https://trello.com/b/tswQsadm/the-iceland-project
https://trello.com/b/DG6wKzQu/eve-online
Please don't be shy and help people there. Or offer some project by yourself. There our community could establish more civilized discussion without troll fighting and crap throwing.
Even Shibe-stile promoting in social networks forcing stupid memes will bring more than half of this topic.
If everyone devote 5 minutes of his or her precious time to this Quark eventually rise and shine. Yes, it's that simple.

Hellish nonsense??

I don't agree at all. I would give 10% of my quark to a transparent wallet used only for projects and to pay for development BUT only if others will also. Why should we give donations when the huge wallets will give nothing and stand to gain the most??

Let's stop arguing with people who just say blanked statements based on assumptions of what others do or don't like.

Let's get specific. Tell me one disadvantage of having a development pot that is transparent and funds used only for the development of qrk and qrk services?

People don't like their funds collected even to save the world does not apply. We are collecting funds to save their financial destruction not save the world.

However yes we can't fork and take peoples qrk away from them, that would be seen as changing the rules, but yes we can think of ways to get them involved and contributing to claim the new companion coin.

QRK needs funding all the core agree on this.

No successful new coins have emerged in the last 6 months where there is not an active dev with funding behind them.

Also i was not saying donators need to give 200k. What i meant was for those who will be elected to lead qrk forward should have a personal holding of qrk that gives them loyalty to our project.

Thule

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 08:10:01 PM
Last edit: July 28, 2014, 08:20:44 PM by Thule

Donating quark for new projects its worthless.What can a programmer do with 100k quarks if he can't even sell exchange them to fiat ?
You are worried for the big wallets ?Funny cause they gave shit about you and the community or did somebody saw a single one activly doing something for quark ?

Sorry to say it but you guys want to hold smart people in your community.The issue is smart people are not working as slaves for the big wallet holders as nothing else would describe it better.50 people with a 100k wallet each will try hard to get quark success so 1 faggot with his 33.000.000 wallet can take out all benefits.

Sorry you are not looking for a community you are looking for idiots.

How many times did the community called the big wallet holders for help so they could finish their projects on the old board?Did a single one answered ?

So stop worrying about this big wallet faggots who did nothing for quark expect mining at the first month and think more about members who are trying activly to push quark forward.
These activ members should get the most benefits out of quark and not faggots who want to make a quick buck by only hitting the mine button.

If you think these faggots shouldnt be touched because these are the rules so i can tell you there is also another rule that scam coins are dying and they wont get shit either
AliceWonder

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 08:11:09 PM

If you do fork, you can put some illegal addresses into the code that would be accepted to the blockchain.

That way if a burn (which I don't like the sound of) ever is done, it can be done to one of those illegal addresses and everyone knows they are destroyed because it is impossible for there to be a private key that matches.

This happened by accident in the history of bitcoin, a bug in mt gox sent coins to an illegal address effectively destroying them - and the protocol was changed to prevent that. I believe that change is also in quarkcoin so an exception to some specific illegal addresses would need to be manually put in to support a proper future burn if some did want to go that route.

QuarkCoin - what I believe bitcoin was intended to be. On reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/QuarkCoin/
Netnox
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 09:21:03 PM
Last edit: August 03, 2014, 06:08:27 PM by Netnox

Hi guys,

i am a top 29 quark holder with almost 1m quarks. I invested around $10k in Litecoin when they were around $2. I had around 6000 Litecoin which i sold all at between $24 and $26 each making $150k and exchanged them to BTC.

Before Quark i have been active in BTC-e and thats where i found out about Quark. Everyone was talking about it. I researched a little and was convinced to go big on it. I loved the brand, the logo, and the fact that pretty well known people in the industry were talking about it.

I don't know if you guys remember that picture at the forums someone posted which stated that there was a 100 BTC buy order for quark, well that was my order. I bought 500k quark at 0.00019 which made the price shoot up to 0.00032. So greed got me and i started to hold but then Bitcoin crashed and quark went with it. After that it went worse and 2 things that bothered me was kolins behaviour and developers inactivity at the time, but somehow i kept my fate and bought another 500k at lower prices.

So as you see i have lost around $140k (if i would sell) on quark, would i have been in Bitcoin i would have lost $50k. Meanwhile i have been giving around 40k quark to different projects like thunderclap where i gave away around 25k quark and apart from that i have been customising Quark subreddit to make it look nice. Notice that i'm just a trader and have no skills in coding and such so it's the best i can do. You might wonder why i don't give away much more, well the answer is simple i have already lost a lot and i'm certainly not rich in my private life. Although i still have fate in it and refuse to sell at these prices.

Regarding proof of burn i must say it sound pretty interesting, but doubts are naturally showing because it will be a new coin and will it be attractive amongst all these new coins, although with all these new scam coins coming out if one of them is not a scam with active and trustful dev team it will attract people. On the other hand quark already has settled itself and pretty well known, but then again as we know there are some issues with quark. I must say that i have seen great core members like quarkfx, vic, coinmama and couple others.
Thule

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 09:29:11 PM

Netnox thats why i posted that active members would get an exchange after fork up to xxxxxx coins which would be max 999999 coins and i guess it would fit for you.You are a legit buyer who activly supported quark.

But please also understand that if there wont be any major changes quark will go soon down to nothing
Netnox
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 09:40:18 PM
Last edit: July 28, 2014, 09:54:27 PM by Netnox

Netnox thats why i posted that active members would get an exchange after fork up to xxxxxx coins which would be max 999999 coins and i guess it would fit for you.You are a legit buyer who activly supported quark.

But please also understand that if there wont be any major changes quark will go soon down to nothing

Well i'm up for new ideas if it benefits the coin itself and investors.
Pages: « 1 ... 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 [326] 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 ... 443 »
  Print  

Jump to: