Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:38:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 [329] 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 ... 443 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [QRK] Quark | Core 0.10 upgrade  (Read 1031111 times)
quarkfx

Activity: 396
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 09:59:45 PM
Last edit: August 01, 2014, 07:55:06 AM by quarkfx

@quarkfx glad that you took the time to respond. I won't comment on it because its your opinion vs mine but regarding the meeting, I believe its the 10th August not 8th ?

"Max is not as silent as people say, actually he contacted us today"

Strange that after you complained so much about Max unresponsiveness and the fact that he missed the last week meeting you're now saying that he's actually not as `silent as people say`.

Strange? Please read this thread. People are claiming that the dev left Quark which is simply untrue and I won't blow into this horn only because I don't believe that the communication behavior of Max is sustainable in any way. If you didn't understand by now what I meant when I said that I don't believe inthe development of Quark: this is what I meant. And no, I don't see the development problem would be solved by the new forum. When I had the idea it was mainly about creating an environment that a) would provide incentives to participate by rewarding networking activity and b) would serve as open place for a democratic foundation (btw a project I've been up to for months).
You seem to blame the fact that planning hasbeen done secretly on boards like Trello. Another wrong interpretation I have to debunk: i could look up the dozens of times that only I have called for others to become involved and help out. This was never closed to the community. Some parts where simply not for the eyes of people outside the Quark community. I don't remember one case where access has been denied. There was no reason for it as we were thankful for every helping hand. The forum is certainly a better place for communication and yes that is one reason why we brought it forward.

And let me be clear on one point that you may not be aware of since you just joined the community few weeks ago: me and many others put a lot of work and time into this project, so I have a high interest that this isn't lost and like other people I will look for measures to save this work, however as a consequence of the latest development I will do that as transparent as possible. That has nothing to do with being impatient. I hope you understand that.

"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Thule

Activity: 938
Merit: 276

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 10:01:49 PM

Sorry but after reading your reply i can already say this wont have any longterm success.To many bs posted

No, why would they? First off, I know you are obsessed with these large wallets, but it seems you´ve never considered that this wallets could be cold storage of exchanges.

The diffrence between the smart people and the rest of the community/you is that we checked the blockchain by auditing it and can say without concern that these coins havent been bought via exchanges.
Of course there are a few bigger buyers but they make arround 5% out of 100% and would never ever explain the big wallets.
You are like Kolin trying to sell the smart part of the community for stupid if you think they are going to belive you that these wallets are from exchanges (after the audit).

You dont change/fix any major issue.You didnt learn anything out of the past or have a clue why the community left the coin.

I would recommend to study a bit more about the history why this community went down and maybe focus on fixing the community.

This has been proved for the largest wallets.
Haha what a joke.Seems like high educated ex members were stupid to audit the bc correctly

There is no proof whatsoever that the blockchain has been manipulated
Just proofs again you know nothing about quark.
There was already proof posted which you can also see on bitcointalk if you look for it.Of course you the new leading part have no clue about it.WOW what a great new leadership.No changes from the old coin

You guys still didnt learn anything.
You studied macro economics ?Sorry but you dont even understand what these big wallets mean for a "currency" .Its kills instantly the main idea of a cryptocurrency.

But like i said at the beginning of quark in november quark was never created to get a currency but to create a ponzi which wont change with your idea
quarkfx

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 10:57:34 PM

@Thule

I know and read the auditing thread and I recommend everyone to read it as people know afterwards how to treat your comments (in case they didn't already) Smiley
greentea
Legendary

Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 11:11:17 PM

can someone sum up what is happening with QRK & this new POB coin?

NEM   NanoWallet   SuperNodes   Apostille   Landstead   Catapult   Mijin
▃▃▃▅▅▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▅▅▅▃▃▃
quarkfx

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 11:13:32 PM

can someone sum up what is happening with QRK & this new POB coin?

Thete is no PoB coin. This is nothing but one idea  to cope with the current situation.  Take a coffee and read the thread.
Thule

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 11:48:50 PM

So you just read the thread instead of auditing the blockchain.Thats the exect professionalism i'm talking about.

Quark based on claims instead of facts
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 12:05:40 AM

Sorry but after reading your reply i can already say this wont have any longterm success.To many bs posted

No, why would they? First off, I know you are obsessed with these large wallets, but it seems you´ve never considered that this wallets could be cold storage of exchanges.

The diffrence between the smart people and the rest of the community/you is that we checked the blockchain by auditing it and can say without concern that these coins havent been bought via exchanges.
Of course there are a few bigger buyers but they make arround 5% out of 100% and would never ever explain the big wallets.
You are like Kolin trying to sell the smart part of the community for stupid if you think they are going to belive you that these wallets are from exchanges (after the audit).

You dont change/fix any major issue.You didnt learn anything out of the past or have a clue why the community left the coin.

I would recommend to study a bit more about the history why this community went down and maybe focus on fixing the community.

This has been proved for the largest wallets.
Haha what a joke.Seems like high educated ex members were stupid to audit the bc correctly

There was already proof posted which you can also see on bitcointalk if you look for it.Of course you the new leading part have no clue about it.WOW what a great new leadership.No changes from the old coin

You guys still didnt learn anything.
You studied macro economics ?Sorry but you dont even understand what these big wallets mean for a "currency" .Its kills instantly the main idea of a cryptocurrency.

But like i said at the beginning of quark in november quark was never created to get a currency but to create a ponzi which wont change with your idea

The POB coin can and will have major success if handled correctly and tranparently.

What exactly are you claiming about these large wallets? Be precise and back up these claims with hard evidence. Do not say things that can't be proven else you will lose all credibility and will just be ignored in future.

I am trying to understand what angle you have here.

I was here at the launch and i know for a fact there was no premine, there was an instamine of sorts by steve lamb, who i affectionately named the coin rapist because of his instamining super powers with huge processing power. He did this on many coins.

However, the dev took very few coins and the rest of us just made do with mining on our rigs like the vast majority.

I can not say how many exactly steve took but if you look at his screen shot i guess he got a LOT of coins at the start.

Please tell us exactly who you think this wallet is holding 33M and how they attained those coins?  Bring evidence or at least credible reasoning with you not baseless accusations.

If you can PROVE some kind of scam here i am open to hearing about it and i am sure others are too.

I don't see how there can be one though, since the only way to get coins was to mine them, if you wanted to buy them from another miner it is down to them to decide the price.

MAX never got many coins, from the start he never really did any promotion of the coin and it was soon all dumped on cryptsy for next to nothing. The wallet with 33M or any wallet would have had to buy them or mine them. There is no scam that i can see could have happened.

If there is a scam please outline right now how it took place and the motivation of the huge wallet to accrue 10% of the minting only to let the coin sink to a very low value, this is a terrible scam if it ever was one.

NEXT

The POB coin if handled correctly could do a lot of great things for qrk. This is a seperate issue to the 33M wallet. Just because we have not turned attention to this 33M wallet yet does not follow POB will have no long term success.

We need funding to aid development of features and services. This is the bottom line.
However the POB coin can be also used to filter out these whales you don't like. The rate of POB could be limited according to your activity or any multiple other ways of getting fat cats involved or left unable to burn.

There are multiple possible advantages that have been covered to death and yet NO credible disadvantage above and beyond any other of the 5 new coins released per day now.

I like POB. i like qrk only IPO. Both give qrk holders a transfer of share into the new coin if they choose. It allows new features and experimentation without altering the qrk core. It allows us to attract new blood with new btc, it gives an indication qrk is not dead, the development pot is the most important part and that if handled correctly and efficiently can take qrk back into being one of the main players today.

Those saying the real work has no call for privacy are wrong. I was totally anti privacy at the start but i can see now that it is very desirable, anyone watching the markets and saying nobody cares about anon features are not being realistic. BTC is a terrible example people always quote. BTC was the first rules that apply to other coins do not essentially apply to BTC. It is not playing in the alt domain. Also BTC has taken the mainstream route, it would not be good for BTC to have anon features in my opinion..  The best part is QRK can stay fully transparent and aimed at more mainstream business but we will attract also the BTC of those wanting anon and other features we are not sure we want to see in qrk itself.

Thule explain the qrk scam in specific detail. Make sure to explain how it took place and why. I am interested in how you believe one wallet got control of 10% of the minting without mining or buying it. To me it seems impossible. However, if you can show me how it happened and it was not via mining or buying then YES perhaps we will think of a way to rectify this situation.

Let me say though that i was mining at the start along with a few others i know on only our home machines and over the next months mined fairly over 2M quark, we did hire a couple of cheap servers with dual core xeons that were like 80 bucks each a month.

So even if they mined them all i see that could have been quite possible for any one other than a bunch of noobs with a few rigs at home.  That is only 15x what we mined.

QRK was very fair to those that chose to mine it, as the price sunk less people mined and moved to mining other coins.

Anyway, i will await your detailed explanation of this 33M wallet issue that you are upset about.  I think though you will find they either bought or mined it fairly on closer scrutiny.

If you can not prove the 33m and other whale wallets attained these coins in a way that was unfair i hope you will please move on to other parts of the discussion here.

Thule

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 12:18:17 AM

who were dumping each night hundreds of k coins ?

Let me say though that i was mining at the start along with a few others i know on only our home machines and over the next months mined fairly over 2M quark, we did hire a couple of cheap servers with dual core xeons that were like 80 bucks each a month.

this makes not much sense as over 90% of this coin was already harvested in the first month.So why would somebody buy servers for months when most coins were already mined ?

And i never claimed that it was a premine scam.Many people call it so as there was a scam during the mining in the first month which leads to the same result like a premine scam
Coinmama2014

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 12:34:57 AM
Last edit: August 01, 2014, 01:17:04 AM by Coinmama2014

There was already proof posted which you can also see on bitcointalk if you look for it.Of course you the new leading part have no clue about it.

The POB coin can and will have major success if handled correctly and tranparently.

What exactly are you claiming about these large wallets? Be precise and back up these claims with hard evidence. Do not say things that can't be proven else you will lose all credibility and will just be ignored in future.

I am trying to understand what angle you have here.

I was here at the launch and i know for a fact there was no premine, there was an instamine of sorts by steve lamb, who i affectionately named the coin rapist because of his instamining super powers with huge processing power. He did this on many coins.

However, the dev took very few coins and the rest of us just made do with mining on our rigs like the vast majority.

I can not say how many exactly steve took but if you look at his screen shot i guess he got a LOT of coins at the start.

Please tell us exactly who you think this wallet is holding 33M and how they attained those coins?  Bring evidence or at least credible reasoning with you not baseless accusations.

If you can PROVE some kind of scam here i am open to hearing about it and i am sure others are too.

I don't see how there can be one though, since the only way to get coins was to mine them, if you wanted to buy them from another miner it is down to them to decide the price.

MAX never got many coins, from the start he never really did any promotion of the coin and it was soon all dumped on cryptsy for next to nothing. The wallet with 33M or any wallet would have had to buy them or mine them. There is no scam that i can see could have happened.

If there is a scam please outline right now how it took place and the motivation of the huge wallet to accrue 10% of the minting only to let the coin sink to a very low value, this is a terrible scam if it ever was one.

------         ---------           ---------
Thule explain the qrk scam in specific detail. Make sure to explain how it took place and why. I am interested in how you believe one wallet got control of 10% of the minting without mining or buying it. To me it seems impossible. However, if you can show me how it happened and it was not via mining or buying then YES perhaps we will think of a way to rectify this situation.

So even if they mined them all i see that could have been quite possible for any one other than a bunch of noobs with a few rigs at home.  That is only 15x what we mined.

QRK was very fair to those that chose to mine it, as the price sunk less people mined and moved to mining other coins.

Anyway, i will await your detailed explanation of this 33M wallet issue that you are upset about.  I think though you will find they either bought or mined it fairly on closer scrutiny.

If you can not prove the 33m and other whale wallets attained these coins in a way that was unfair i hope you will please move on to other parts of the discussion here.

CH and Thule,

IT is good to hear from someone who was actually there since the beginning, @CH as most of us present members were not...

From what I have heard the hugest remaining wallets are likely from exchanges, as BTC38 came forward recently(past few months) with their wallet address

I agree with CH that Thule, you need to come forward with some PROOF of your claims--We are open to see proof only. Additionally I have p.m.'d you about this issue, as you keep saying the same things over and over..We actually have someone who is willing to help investigate your claims if you can present some evidence--Further I suggest that a separate thread be started specifically for this if there is evidence, so it can all be worked through...

And FINALLY, last but not least..We are going to be having a meeting with Max himself-time to be announced....
 If you are willing to participate in a civilized discussion, you are welcome to attend.. Civilized meaning, asking questions in a normal rational manner, rather than throwing accusations around with no evidence.
This is the best way to get to the bottom of this- You might just be the key to this if you have something substantial to bring forward...

Thanks for your reply!

P.S. I type in blue so I can keep track of where I am on the page mostly, lol- If this annoys anyone, I will stop Kiss

Coinmama: Kiss Kiss
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 12:39:24 AM
Last edit: August 01, 2014, 12:50:50 AM by cryptohunter

this makes not much sense as over 90% of this coin was already harvested in the first month.So why would somebody buy servers for months when most coins were already mined ?

And i never claimed that it was a premine scam.Many people call it so as there was a scam during the mining in the first month which leads to the same result like a premine scam

What do you mean i just said i was mining from the start? the fact we decided to keep mining for a longer period since we like the currency and the servers were cheap has no bearing on the scam you are trying to highlight.  We wanted more coins we decided to just leave the servers running. I don't have the 33M wallet though so it has nothing to do with the point you are bringing up.

I don't really like one person having 10% of the minting, but if they bought or mined it fairly then that's just how it is.

Let's not get distracted  from the issue you have brought to attention here.

Who cares about the dumping if it was on exchange? means nothing to me if they mined it fairly. Perhaps it was steve lamb that guy is sharp and i would guess a multi millionaire.

I want to know about the scam how some wallet got 33M without mining fairly against anyone else who mined at the time or bough unfairly against anyone that bought at the time.

The rest does not matter.

If the short POW makes it a scam, then what about every single new coin released some of which have a POW period of hours.?

Let's focus on one issue at a time. The 33M wallet. Is it a scam or not?

I see no possible way there is a scam there.

Let's get passed this now if there is a proof of scam let's deal with it, if there is no scam let's get back to the POB or QRK only ipo companion coin, or any other great new idea to bring qrk back into the running as an active coin community with some planned features/services to attract back some of the lost market share.

digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 06:23:27 AM

All very interesting while you guys were spending all that energy trolling here - I was helping get Quark integrated with FrozenBit:

frozenbit.io/

A fully integrated Multi sig wallet that will give Quark investors access to :

- Two factor auth

- an iOS wallet

- an Android wallet

- Live security in real time

and much more.

also I look forward to hearing from the community about Max's response from that email that was just sent in which he basically (common sense)

said that anyone can create any crypto and the market will judge it, also has the ability to Merge mine , also i can confirm the frustrating lack of communication sometimes.

but Max is the best dev in Crypto (certainly one of)

i don't doubt that he could have coded the original Bitcoin protocol.

------------------------------

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 06:26:50 AM

Always Remember:
"Ah I'm all about public everything i do is public." -Kolin  

Cheesy

Yes Ill remember because nothing could be further from the truth--

As I said here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=657528.msg8122103#msg8122103

Kolin, if you are going to pretend you are not the OP of Mimic, at least remember to change your login back to Digital Industry when posting on other threads about NXT!
( https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=662058.msg7545981#msg7545981)

Meantime, I am looking forward to the meeting next week to discuss REAL solutions: Finding a new Dev, fork, proof of Burn- lets decide the best options and move forward so we can get out from this cloud once and for all!!

ha ha i don't doubt we ceratinly feel the same way on that issue the Dev an i that is : D

Maybe he was so compelled to because NXT is such an obvious scam ha ha

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 06:29:14 AM

What do you mean i just said i was mining from the start? the fact we decided to keep mining for a longer period since we like the currency and the servers were cheap has no bearing on the scam you are trying to highlight.  We wanted more coins we decided to just leave the servers running. I don't have the 33M wallet though so it has nothing to do with the point you are bringing up.

I don't really like one person having 10% of the minting, but if they bought or mined it fairly then that's just how it is.

Let's not get distracted  from the issue you have brought to attention here.

Who cares about the dumping if it was on exchange? means nothing to me if they mined it fairly. Perhaps it was steve lamb that guy is sharp and i would guess a multi millionaire.

I want to know about the scam how some wallet got 33M without mining fairly against anyone else who mined at the time or bough unfairly against anyone that bought at the time.

The rest does not matter.

If the short POW makes it a scam, then what about every single new coin released some of which have a POW period of hours.?

Let's focus on one issue at a time. The 33M wallet. Is it a scam or not?

I see no possible way there is a scam there.

Let's get passed this now if there is a proof of scam let's deal with it, if there is no scam let's get back to the POB or QRK only ipo companion coin, or any other great new idea to bring qrk back into the running as an active coin community with some planned features/services to attract back some of the lost market share.

ha ha are you guys still talking to Thule ha ha - i love that guy but i only come and poke him when we want to bump the Quark topic of course a good time is now considering FrozenBit integration !

which i personally think is bigger news than the Shaqfu story.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
Coinmama2014

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 08:07:29 AM
Last edit: August 01, 2014, 08:38:12 AM by Coinmama2014

Hi everyone:

A day ago we heard from Max on an email that I sent to him recently regarding some serious issues that were cropping up within the community-

The letter was entitled "urgent!" Because it was--

Recent events involving blatant (& provable) deception of the community prompted the letter, as many dedicated Quark community members have decided to leave and/or (more recently) go with a fork or Proof of Burn- This still may be the case, but anyway here is the reply to some questions from Max so the community can decide for themselves--

Please note that I normally do not ask such pointed questions, but Quark has been    under a dark cloud of suspicion for months, and we didn't need for this to continue with obvious scam associations (i.e. MimicCoin:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=260031.msg8039982#msg8039982) .

So I can't apologize for attempting to clear the air once and for all..

**Also, there is a follow-up meeting with Max this Sunday (time to be determined)

Please post any additional questions here, or post if you are interested in attending the meeting.

As you see Max is open to the idea of coins merge mining with Quark-- perhaps we can (re-) open this discussion in the next day or two (this was previously started, but halted)...

Here is Max's reply:

"Hi Foundation members, developers and other Quark supporters

Julie bought up some points and questions.

I'll first comment on Julie's questions:

1) How much of a role Kolin plays in the decision making process with you, and Quark itself?
4) Is Kolin the only way to effectively reach you (some have observed that you appear only when he contacts you?)

As I've mentioned before, Kolin is a Quark supporter and is free to as he please. He has no special relationship with me, other than that he e-mails me more than other people do and I also ignore Kolin for weeks on end. I unfortunately only check my Quark e-mails when I have time to.

As for the decision making process:

I am chiefly involved in maintaining the Quark core code. Quark supporters are the real driving force behind Quark's path forward.

I greatly respect the work the Quark Foundation has done and will always consider any suggestions from them.

2) Are you already working on a merge mine project with Kolin and /or Adam/others?
3) If nothing has been decided yet, are you open to *considering* a merge mine proposal presented to you (one project mutually decided on by the core Group, submitted in an outline form)?

Anyone is free to launch a coin that merge mines with Quark, so if Kolin wants to launch a merged mined coin with Quark, so be it.

If members of the core Quark group / Foundation wishes to launch a merge mined Quark coin, I will support the decision, and will even help with the initial coding, but I won't have time for anything more than the occasional code update.

To be clear, the only coin I officially support is Quark. I do however support the decision by other Quark-based coins to merge mine with Quark.

Answers to below questions can be used as the long -awaited followup Q&A from Max G:

5) Do you have intentions of staying active with Quark updates and developments, maybe through occasional periodic updates on the new Forumhttp://forum.quarkuniverse.cc/index.php [EDIT www.Quarktalk.org] (you can open a topic, or whatever format suits you)?

I am and will chiefly involve myself in maintaining the Quark core code. I have done this for more than a year now and will continue doing so in the foreseeable future.

6) What are your thoughts on how important a merge mine project to increase Quark's hashrate is, given the fact that we have automatic checkpoints? Can you clarify your views on this a little?

I support the decision by any Quark based coin that would like to merge mine with Quark. This increases the hash rate to Quark and can only be good for the security of the Quark network.

Automatic checkpointing does help preventing attacks on the block-chain. It does have a down-side of being run centralised by a trusted node.

The more the hash rate can be increased, the less chance of attack and the less the need and relevance of the automatic checkpointing becomes.

A coin is only as valuable as it's community makes it, so if two coins can bring together two coin communities to the benefit of both, I support it.

7) Re: Checkpoints- We still get a lot of questions on this: Is it a checkpoint inserted at every block, going back 12 blocks? Or is it a checkpoint inserted every 12 blocks, that checks  back to the last checkpoint (12 blocks ago)? (I have seen this explained 2 different ways by you and Adam). Any way you could elaborate on the value of checkpoints would be helpful.

At the moment the setting is actually 16 blocks, but to your question, the checkpointing is done at every block, for the block 16 blocks behind the current block.

8 ) Is there some security measure in place yet(back-up node etc), in case someone attacks the node? (Let us know if we can assist in setting something up?)

Not yet.

9) Are you open to sharing Git access with other developers, or some trusted person, in the event that you become unavailable or unable (other obligations, unplanned events etc.) to work on Quarks code?

The way Github works is that anyone is free to submit pull requests for the project. A person doesn't need access to create a pull request. It literally takes me one click to incorporate the changes into the main branch of Quark.

I have always encouraged this, but sadly, very few people have actually made any contribution to the code over the last year.

I have no problem giving full access to someone who regularly contributes code to the project, or someone who has good reputation/track-record as a coder. I would love to get more developers actively involved.

People are also free to make derivatives of the Quark wallet with flashy features, as others have done. I appreciate and encourage such creativeness. These features can easily be pulled into the original branch.

10) Re: Quark "whitepaper" - Didn't you write one at some point? (I could have sworn it existed and that I read part of it!?)  Is this available anymore?

I will consider writing some kind of whitepaper. I think a lot of my economic and technical motivation for developing Quark was mentioned in an early interview (maybe 6 months ago).

My immediate plans for Quark core development:

Next week - Finalise the 0.9.2 Quark upgrade and merge it with the main branch. I've had no feedback or error reports on this so far, so I'll do a bit more testing before doing the final release.

Thanks again to all the faithful Quark supporters that are contributing to Quark in ways I can not.

Cheers"*

Coinmama: Kiss Kiss
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 09:40:56 AM
Last edit: August 01, 2014, 10:16:05 AM by Netnox

All very interesting while you guys were spending all that energy trolling here - I was helping get Quark integrated with FrozenBit:

frozenbit.io/

- Two factor auth

- an iOS wallet

- an Android wallet

and much more.

also I look forward to hearing from the community about Max's response from that email that was just sent in which he basically (common sense)

said that anyone can create any crypto and the market will judge it, also has the ability to Merge mine , also i can confirm the frustrating lack of communication sometimes.

Doesn't the quark wallet have multisig as well? I personally would never store my coins on a cloud but on my own computer. So i don't see it as a huge deal.

Well no doubt anyone can create a crypto, but if your purpose is to create a crypto to merge mine with quark then the community and core members have the right to know everything about the project, you can do it by yourself but it will fail.
but Max is the best dev in Crypto (certainly one of)"

How so, i haven't seen other features added besides checkpointing, not much activity (lately a little) and not connected with the community because he said himself that he won't have time for anything more than the occasional code update, but he agreed himself willing to share full access to other devs, but again for new devs and neat features integrated to the core code there are serious funds needed.
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 12:26:41 PM

under a dark cloud of suspicion for months

: D

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 12:28:58 PM

frozenbit.io/

- Two factor auth

- an iOS wallet

- an Android wallet

and much more.

Doesn't the quark wallet have multisig as well? I personally would never store my coins on a cloud but on my own computer. So i don't see it as a huge deal.

Well no doubt anyone can create a crypto, but if your purpose is to create a crypto to merge mine with quark then the community and core members have the right to know everything about the project, you can do it by yourself but it will fail.
but Max is the best dev in Crypto (certainly one of)"

How so, i haven't seen other features added besides checkpointing, not much activity (lately a little) and not connected with the community because he said himself that he won't have time for anything more than the occasional code update, but he agreed himself willing to share full access to other devs, but again for new devs and neat features integrated to the core code there are serious funds needed.

you can totally have all those opinions  - i welcome the other point of view, what will "fail" is anything that is a scam.

perhaps we should leave the crypto coding to the coders?

and focus on integration? 

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 12:56:54 PM

Hi everyone:

A day ago we heard from Max on an email that I sent to him recently regarding some serious issues that were cropping up within the community-

The letter was entitled "urgent!" Because it was--

Recent events involving blatant (& provable) deception of the community prompted the letter, as many dedicated Quark community members have decided to leave and/or (more recently) go with a fork or Proof of Burn- This still may be the case, but anyway here is the reply to some questions from Max so the community can decide for themselves--

Please note that I normally do not ask such pointed questions, but Quark has been    under a dark cloud of suspicion for months, and we didn't need for this to continue with obvious scam associations (i.e. MimicCoin:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=260031.msg8039982#msg8039982) .

So I can't apologize for attempting to clear the air once and for all..

**Also, there is a follow-up meeting with Max this Sunday (time to be determined)

Please post any additional questions here, or post if you are interested in attending the meeting.

As you see Max is open to the idea of coins merge mining with Quark-- perhaps we can (re-) open this discussion in the next day or two (this was previously started, but halted)...

Here is Max's reply:

"Hi Foundation members, developers and other Quark supporters

Julie bought up some points and questions.

I'll first comment on Julie's questions:

1) How much of a role Kolin plays in the decision making process with you, and Quark itself?
4) Is Kolin the only way to effectively reach you (some have observed that you appear only when he contacts you?)

As I've mentioned before, Kolin is a Quark supporter and is free to as he please. He has no special relationship with me, other than that he e-mails me more than other people do and I also ignore Kolin for weeks on end. I unfortunately only check my Quark e-mails when I have time to.

As for the decision making process:

I am chiefly involved in maintaining the Quark core code. Quark supporters are the real driving force behind Quark's path forward.

I greatly respect the work the Quark Foundation has done and will always consider any suggestions from them.

2) Are you already working on a merge mine project with Kolin and /or Adam/others?
3) If nothing has been decided yet, are you open to *considering* a merge mine proposal presented to you (one project mutually decided on by the core Group, submitted in an outline form)?

Anyone is free to launch a coin that merge mines with Quark, so if Kolin wants to launch a merged mined coin with Quark, so be it.

If members of the core Quark group / Foundation wishes to launch a merge mined Quark coin, I will support the decision, and will even help with the initial coding, but I won't have time for anything more than the occasional code update.

To be clear, the only coin I officially support is Quark. I do however support the decision by other Quark-based coins to merge mine with Quark.

Answers to below questions can be used as the long -awaited followup Q&A from Max G:

5) Do you have intentions of staying active with Quark updates and developments, maybe through occasional periodic updates on the new Forumhttp://forum.quarkuniverse.cc/index.php [EDIT www.Quarktalk.org] (you can open a topic, or whatever format suits you)?

I am and will chiefly involve myself in maintaining the Quark core code. I have done this for more than a year now and will continue doing so in the foreseeable future.

6) What are your thoughts on how important a merge mine project to increase Quark's hashrate is, given the fact that we have automatic checkpoints? Can you clarify your views on this a little?

I support the decision by any Quark based coin that would like to merge mine with Quark. This increases the hash rate to Quark and can only be good for the security of the Quark network.

Automatic checkpointing does help preventing attacks on the block-chain. It does have a down-side of being run centralised by a trusted node.

The more the hash rate can be increased, the less chance of attack and the less the need and relevance of the automatic checkpointing becomes.

A coin is only as valuable as it's community makes it, so if two coins can bring together two coin communities to the benefit of both, I support it.

7) Re: Checkpoints- We still get a lot of questions on this: Is it a checkpoint inserted at every block, going back 12 blocks? Or is it a checkpoint inserted every 12 blocks, that checks  back to the last checkpoint (12 blocks ago)? (I have seen this explained 2 different ways by you and Adam). Any way you could elaborate on the value of checkpoints would be helpful.

At the moment the setting is actually 16 blocks, but to your question, the checkpointing is done at every block, for the block 16 blocks behind the current block.

8 ) Is there some security measure in place yet(back-up node etc), in case someone attacks the node? (Let us know if we can assist in setting something up?)

Not yet.

9) Are you open to sharing Git access with other developers, or some trusted person, in the event that you become unavailable or unable (other obligations, unplanned events etc.) to work on Quarks code?

The way Github works is that anyone is free to submit pull requests for the project. A person doesn't need access to create a pull request. It literally takes me one click to incorporate the changes into the main branch of Quark.

I have always encouraged this, but sadly, very few people have actually made any contribution to the code over the last year.

I have no problem giving full access to someone who regularly contributes code to the project, or someone who has good reputation/track-record as a coder. I would love to get more developers actively involved.

People are also free to make derivatives of the Quark wallet with flashy features, as others have done. I appreciate and encourage such creativeness. These features can easily be pulled into the original branch.

10) Re: Quark "whitepaper" - Didn't you write one at some point? (I could have sworn it existed and that I read part of it!?)  Is this available anymore?

I will consider writing some kind of whitepaper. I think a lot of my economic and technical motivation for developing Quark was mentioned in an early interview (maybe 6 months ago).

My immediate plans for Quark core development:

Next week - Finalise the 0.9.2 Quark upgrade and merge it with the main branch. I've had no feedback or error reports on this so far, so I'll do a bit more testing before doing the final release.

Thanks again to all the faithful Quark supporters that are contributing to Quark in ways I can not.

Cheers"*

Thanks for this post.

It clearly shows MAX views quark more as a project than something he is willing to poor his life into. I suspect he has a very well paid job and this was a hobby coin. He did not premine nor instamine tbh i doubt he cares about the financial side. He seems to give honest and blunt answers, that's great he will maintain the qrk core code.

QRK was a great coin. However now we need to compete against coins that have full time coders and developers working hours each day on the coin and integration with services. I mean look at cloak devs and some of the others they are building their coins out into larger things and not waiting for services to pick them up.

Let's get some great devs on board now for the companion coin either POB or QRK only ipo and give them a nice incentive to treat it as more than a hobby.  Let's regroup the foundation members that have a  lot of talent and have done some great things  VIC, coinmama, qrkfx and all the others that have done some great things for qrk and get them funded so they can flourish. I mean DI is a VERY useful person to have on the team too. Yes he can't be allowed to make unilateral decisions and should play as part of the team. However, he has pulled off some big things in the past.  I think it would be unwise to push him out.  The foundation will make decisions in a democratic with full consultation and discussion with the community so really pure selfish motives can not be executed anyway.

Let's form the foundation members, get the leadership sorted now. I hope VIC can come back on the board more too i really think he was excellent. I really like coinmama too, qrkfx is certainly a person we want in the foundation, along with those that have already been silently working away on qrk projects without funding nor thanks. When i say funding i think something like say we got an ROI project going. For example only. Say we created a fp shooter game like coin2 are doing that accepted qrk for credits life etc and winner take all qrk prize fund minus running fees. Or some tiered prize payout with 5% over head for the QRK arcade.

Say that was funded by either the qrk development pot (which will be replenished by the 5% over time) or by ROI investors that are paid out over time . The project manager who organised the creation of that specific game could for example get 5% of the total cost of production in QRK.

So that the foundation members or who ever is paid for actually getting things done. Instead of them working for free. Of course this would be paid upon completion.

First things first though

Set up the foundation members
Work out what we will offer to bring on a new dev team for the coin itself
Get a funding pot that is transparent
Get a new coin design done, white paper , future services planned out, marketing, costings, project managers set up....

The incentive for the new dev team must be handsome to attract some real talented coders.

Why will they come to us?

Because our foundation memebers have already pulled off some great things, we have some real smart people around here that can get some things done, we will increase the community size rapidly with a new white paper and some new features the markets have proven people want, services can be shared between qrk and the new coin. Tech can be shared ....

We could let people earn some of the new coin by mining on QRK pools we set up. I guess similar to merge mining but if the new coin is a fully premined POS coin swapped via POB then we can do it the qrk pool way instead which would be okay.

Really if we all put our heads together we can come up with some inventive stuff to solve a lot of our problems.

DI well done for Frozenbit that is very good news.

Hilux74
Legendary

Activity: 912

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 03:03:38 PM

As with CH I have been with Quark since Day1.  Thules claim about mining being not worthwhile after 1 month is very false.

In my case I CPU mined about 100,000 in the first month using multiple home PCs.  Difficulty got pretty high quickly so as ti e passed it got harder to mine, just like every other coin.  My other 900,000 Quark I mined over the next 4 months after the flash miners left to another coin.  my cpus stayed on the p2pool pretty much the whole time but what fetched me the most Quark was solomining with Smolens Smelter GPU software.

So you can see even though block reward was lower in the later months it was absolutely possible to mine Quark over its primary distribution period.  It was free market...price was low so it was at the time for me mining simply because it was my favorite (like I do with Offerings to Cthulu OFF now) and most people didn't trust the gpu software...therefore they didn't mine...people were free to mine or not, noones fault but their own it they did not just like I chose not to mine DOGE on release thinking it was a waste of time.

*and no I no longer have 1,000,000qrk.  Like 99% of early miners I would sell in the early days whenever it would go above .00000180.  Then i sold most of the rest at 0.00007.

Just for some more history Digital Industry was not around at all in the Quark thread until November (qrk released in July) so the way he talks like he was a dev guiding its early phase is bs unless of course he is Max.  I appreciate DIs involvemnet since Nov but he had nothing to do with the early days of Quark.
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 03:10:06 PM

@ Cryptohunter are you going to be present at sunday? There is a meeting between members which decisions are going to made on how to go further hope you join see this link http://doodle.com/7kddvnndc8ympgu2

Same goes for VIC, Hilux and some other guys from Reddit as well
Pages: « 1 ... 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 [329] 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 ... 443 »
  Print  

Jump to: