Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 05:12:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 [128] 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 ... 586 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast announces specs for new ASIC: 400GH/s  (Read 880232 times)
Paladin69

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 04:29:43 PM

Always read the fine print.  Having the right to hold your money hostage until Dec 31st should be criminal.  Nothing should go beyond 30 days.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
minternj

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 04:40:49 PM

Hashfast - Update please.

It is now November 7th. You are now 17+ Days past your earliest projected ship date, without a clear estimate of rescheduled shipment date.

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 04:42:24 PM

Still no announcement?

starsoccer9
Legendary

Activity: 1630
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 05:01:15 PM

personally at this point im hoping there are major delays and i can just get a refund of my exact amount of coins. Its clear at this point the correct move would have been knc and as much as I dislike BFL, BFL may end up shipping before hashfast.
hashcashcow

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 05:01:32 PM

i just called hashfast.
a very nice receptionist answered the phone and i asked her if she knew when the delivery date will be.
she sounded like she had no clue what the hell i was talking about lol
took down my contact info and said someone will call me back.
ya ya ya no way im getting a call back.
bigtimespaghetti
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

bigtimespaghetti.com

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 05:02:39 PM

personally at this point im hoping there are major delays and i can just get a refund of my exact amount of coins. Its clear at this point the correct move would have been knc and as much as I dislike BFL, BFL may end up shipping before hashfast.

There are a lot of people kicking themselves for not going for a KnC product, myself included.

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
       ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
    █▓░   ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
Physical Coin Making Guide Book and eBook- Make your own physical crypto coins and wallets!
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
    ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
  █▓░     ░░▒▓█
█▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
        ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     █▓░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 05:04:49 PM

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but you are not going to get a refund of "exact amount of coins".  Prices were in USD, invoices in USD, all advertising in USD.  If you get a refund it will be in USD.  If you want that refund paid in BTC (instead of say a bank wire) it will be at the exchange rate of the day.  The only way you are getting exact coins back is if by some small miracle the exchange rate crashes back to the same one it was on the day you paid.

You don't have to believe me, and don't attack the messenger.  You can hold out hope and wait for Hashfast to contradict me but that contradiction isn't coming.
GenTarkin
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 05:09:55 PM

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but you are not going to get a refund of "exact amount of coins".  Prices were in USD, invoices in USD, all advertising in USD.  If you get a refund it will be in USD.  If you want that refund paid in BTC (instead of say a bank wire) it will be at the exchange rate of the day.  The only way you are getting exact coins back is if by some small miracle the exchange rate crashes back to the same one it was on the day you paid.

You don't have to believe me, and don't attack the messenger.  You can hold out hope and wait for Hashfast to contradict me but that contradiction isn't coming.

Yeah, just like what happened w/ tom @ bASIC ... got back so little coins cuz rate skyrocketed.

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 05:12:10 PM

They stated, back in days, that refund, if they where to happen, would be in BTC.
Just check their post history.

Not that i trust them, either.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
chrono030

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 05:12:52 PM

Still no update from them?  Seems like a really simple thing to do.... They can't even get their announcements on time.
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 05:14:45 PM

Still no update from them?  Seems like a really simple thing to do.... They can't even get their announcements on time.
Since that they will piss on the money you spent with that announcement, they have to do the things right. They had 15 days to think on what to write on this announcement, tough.

My prediction:
"no, we won't ship middle november (insert random excuse here)"
"we are still confident that our customers will get their money back (because of btc going to the moon)"
"remember that the MPP is there because we want you to succeed"
"again, our customers will probably have a return even before the MPP kicks in"

Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Visesrion

Activity: 826
Merit: 314

GIF by SOCIFI

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 05:15:33 PM

This is what you get if you ask about shipping dates, pcbs  cases and chips photos and many more explanations. Thedy do not even read our messages:
We have received your email and we will get back to you as soon as possible.Thanks,

And now where is cyperdoc and many other HF employs giving us updates in the forum ?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
             █████████████████                   █████████████████
         █████████████████████████           █████████████████████████
       █████████████████████████████       █████████████████████████████
     █████████████████████████████████   █████████████████████████████████
   ████████████▀           ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
  ████████████▄▄███████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████
 ▐██████████████▀         ▀██████████▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████▄▄█████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
▐█████████████████▀      ▀██████████▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████▄▄██████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████      ███████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓███████████████    ████████████████
  █████████████████ ████ █████████████▓▓▓████████████████   █████████████   █
   ████████████████      ███████████████████████████████    ███████████
    ██████████████████████████████████ ██████████████████     ████████
      ███████████████████████████████     █████████████████
        ███████████████████████████         █████████████████▓
           ████████████████████                ███████████████████▓
               ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████████
▓████████████████████████████████▓
███████████████████████▒░███████████
▄█████████████████▒░      ███████████▄
█████████████░░          ░████████████
█████████░              ░█████████████
██████████▓░░          ░██████████████
██████████████▓░       ███████████████
▀███████████████▒     ░██████████████▀
████████████████▒   ░███████████████
████████████████░ ░███████████████
████████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
 ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
JOIN OUR
TELEGRAM
chrono030

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 05:18:51 PM

Since that they will piss on the money you spent with that announcement, they have to do the things right. They had 15 days to think on what to write on this announcement, tough.

My prediction:
"no, we won't ship middle november (insert random excuse here)"
"we are still confident that our customers will get their money back (because of btc going to the moon)"
"remember that the MPP is there because we want you to succeed"
"again, our customers will probably have a return even before the MPP kicks in"

Don't get me wrong, I didn't spend a dime on Hashfash (for a number of reasons), I am just trying to size up the competition and forecast the value of my KNC device (sell vs mine).
Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1520

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 05:19:10 PM

You don't have to believe me, and don't attack the messenger.  You can hold out hope and wait for Hashfast to contradict me but that contradiction isn't coming.
They stated, back in days, that refund, if they where to happen, would be in BTC.

is it quoted or still deleted?

they should seriously think about how to compensate their investors! the best would be free hardware if they don't want to give back the coins.

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 05:19:27 PM

In BTC doesn't mean the BTC amount.  It likely means they intend to use Bitpay or some other service to automate refunds.
I would love to be wrong but counting on anything more than 100% USD refund is a fantasy.

I mean lets look at this logically.  You rant about how they used our money to fund the NRE.  How did they fund that in BTC?  How did they purchase masks in BTC?  How did they buy a batch of wafers in BTC?  How did they contract an packaging house and assemby house in BTC?

The simple answer is they didn't.  When you paid x BTC using Bitpay, Bitpay converted it into y USD and deposited into HashFast bank account.
DPoS

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 05:28:48 PM

There are a lot of people kicking themselves for not going for a KnC product, myself included.

The fact that KnC let you use credit card via paypal (and of course use 0% interest rates for those that understand time value of money) made it a no brainer..  it allowed one to use free money (for a year on intro rate deals) to indirectly buy BTC via the miners with no fees anywhere (no exchange fee, no bank wire fee, etc)

by using BTC in hand (or cash in hand) you are actually taking a gamble that bitcoin WONT increase in value until you make your BTC back..  because if it does, you lose in time value of money since now you have to wait until you get back to where you were

Now do you all understand why Wall Street always uses other people's money??

If BTC crashed terribly I would also have the extra possibility to just tell the credit card company to pound sand and not pay them ..  hell I could still do that if I wanted to trash my credit and pocket all the ROI

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 05:32:20 PM

You don't have to believe me, and don't attack the messenger.  You can hold out hope and wait for Hashfast to contradict me but that contradiction isn't coming.

In BTC doesn't mean the BTC amount.  It likely means they intend to use Bitpay or some other service to automate refunds.
I would love to be wrong but counting on anything more than 100% USD refund is a fantasy.

I mean lets look at this logically.  You rant about how they used our money to fund the NRE.  How did they fund that in BTC?  How did they purchase masks in BTC?  How did they buy a batch of wafers in BTC?  How did they contract an packaging house and assemby house in BTC?

The simple answer is they didn't.  When you paid x BTC using Bitpay, Bitpay converted it into y USD and deposited into HashFast bank account.
I should have said "of the btc amount used when purchasing the product". I'm quite sure that it was already quoted at the time. I'm gonna look for it.
Anyway, yes, you are right. There is no way that is gonna happen.
I keep thinking that either we get a shipment before the 31 of Dec, or we get nothing (but their IP).

defcon23
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 05:37:53 PM

+1 i'm one of them too ...  Undecided

i think i choose the bad horse with Hashfast  Cry
ninjarobot

Activity: 761
Merit: 500

Mine Silent, Mine Deep

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 05:51:01 PM

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but you are not going to get a refund of "exact amount of coins".  Prices were in USD, invoices in USD, all advertising in USD.  If you get a refund it will be in USD.  If you want that refund paid in BTC (instead of say a bank wire) it will be at the exchange rate of the day.  The only way you are getting exact coins back is if by some small miracle the exchange rate crashes back to the same one it was on the day you paid.

I don't think this is correct. When I visited HF last week John specifically mentioned that refunds would be done in the currency it was paid in at the amount paid in at the time of the order. So if you paid 50 BTC you will get back 50 BTC.

Another topic was the possibility of refunds and John was pretty specific that if refunds do happen they will be full refunds in the currency the order was paid in (BTC in BTC, USD in USD).
Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1520

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 05:56:07 PM

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but you are not going to get a refund of "exact amount of coins".  Prices were in USD, invoices in USD, all advertising in USD.  If you get a refund it will be in USD.  If you want that refund paid in BTC (instead of say a bank wire) it will be at the exchange rate of the day.  The only way you are getting exact coins back is if by some small miracle the exchange rate crashes back to the same one it was on the day you paid.

I don't think this is correct. When I visited HF last week John specifically mentioned that refunds would be done in the currency it was paid in at the amount paid in at the time of the order. So if you paid 50 BTC you will get back 50 BTC.

Another topic was the possibility of refunds and John was pretty specific that if refunds do happen they will be full refunds in the currency the order was paid in (BTC in BTC, USD in USD).

LOL and you believe they will act as it was anounced just verbally to a third person? so if yes start to try it and the others will follow immediately.

Pages: « 1 ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 [128] 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 ... 586 »
  Print  

Jump to: