Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:27:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 [129] 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 ... 586 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast announces specs for new ASIC: 400GH/s  (Read 880232 times)
ninjarobot

Activity: 761
Merit: 500

Mine Silent, Mine Deep

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 05:58:20 PM

I don't think this is correct. When I visited HF last week John specifically mentioned that refunds would be done in the currency it was paid in at the amount paid in at the time of the order. So if you paid 50 BTC you will get back 50 BTC.

Another topic was the possibility of refunds and John was pretty specific that if refunds do happen they will be full refunds in the currency the order was paid in (BTC in BTC, USD in USD).
LOL and you believe they will act as it was anounced just verbally to a third person? so if yes start to try it and the others will follow immediately.

I was there in a room with John, Amy and Erin. So yes, I do hope their word is worth something. Call me naive Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1518

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 06:00:43 PM

I don't think this is correct. When I visited HF last week John specifically mentioned that refunds would be done in the currency it was paid in at the amount paid in at the time of the order. So if you paid 50 BTC you will get back 50 BTC.

Another topic was the possibility of refunds and John was pretty specific that if refunds do happen they will be full refunds in the currency the order was paid in (BTC in BTC, USD in USD).
LOL and you believe they will act as it was anounced just verbally to a third person? so if yes start to try it and the others will follow immediately.

I was there in a room with John, Amy and Erin. So yes, I do hope their word is worth something. Call me naive Smiley

that would mean they backed immediately every sale with Bitcoin if the sale was payed with BTC. very unlikely!

were you alone in the room with them?

ninjarobot

Activity: 761
Merit: 500

Mine Silent, Mine Deep

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 06:04:41 PM

that would mean they backed immediately every sale witch Bitcoin if the sale was a BTC sale. very unlikely!

I agree, and I was surprised that John was so direct and clear about this issue.

I'm pretty sure I didn't misunderstand. This came up because I wanted to illustrate that a BJ paid for with 59 BTC (in my case) would only produce ~15 BTC in a year. But asking for a refund would also be a 50% reduction in BTC (now 66%) if HF would use USD for refunds. John said they would do full refunds for the amount paid in the currency it was paid in and that I could post this on the forum. So there you go.

And yes, it was just me and HF employees.
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1011

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 06:06:20 PM

that would mean they backed immediately every sale with Bitcoin if the sale was payed with BTC. very unlikely!
CAN WE JUST DROP THIS?
It is polluting up a thread that we are all watching for the announcement they were supposed to make yesterday and now are supposed to make today.
Any idiot knows that THEY cannot afford to give you your bitcoins back.   What magical thing do you think they invested in that they now have 300% return in a month?   Come on think.
If they refunded the NUMBER of bitcoins you paid, EVERYONE would demand a refund because bitcoins are worth 3 Times what they were when you paid.   TSMC does NOT accept bitcoins, nor does Ciara Tech, and HF did not hold all your money in BTC.

defcon23
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 06:08:44 PM

ok ... éyou was in a room with them..." ............ LOL... and can you please give us more informations?  ; Huh Roll Eyes   hum...
Gyrsur
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 06:35:16 PM

did the substrates arrive? next week they will start to ship.

Our vendor has told us that the substrates — one of the final components in completing the chip module  — are going to take a more time than expected.  The good news is that the silicon, arguably the more complicated part of the design, is right on track.  Once the substrates arrive, we can place the silicon and finish production. Our updated estimate is that the rigs will begin shipping in mid-November.

https://hashfast.com/updated-shipping-news/

cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 09:05:14 PM

next week they will start to ship.
If this was a dream, yes.

3 hours left to the 24 hours timeframe given yesterday.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
perezoso

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 09:29:37 PM

Hashfast has planted a virus in your laptop cam, Cedivad.  They plan to post the update just as soon as you go to bed.  Shocked
starsoccer9
Legendary

Activity: 1630
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 09:33:57 PM

next week they will start to ship.
If this was a dream, yes.

Well time is ticking and the chance they dont post an update is very great. Personally at this point every word of theres that they break just gets piled on to the lies we can expect in the future
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 09:39:06 PM

Going out on a limb, Im going to hypothesize the "statement" they are preparing is nothing else than a working prototype. And thats why they remained silent and are running late, they are hard at work and want to show the thing working.

Am I betting money on this? Nope, but its just as plausible as all the other theories.
Visesrion

Activity: 826
Merit: 314

GIF by SOCIFI

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 09:46:34 PM

Going out on a limb, Im going to hypothesize the "statement" they are preparing is nothing else than a working prototype. And thats why they remained silent and are running late, they are hard at work and want to show the thing working.

Am I betting money on this? Nope, but its just as plausible as all the other theories.

I wish you were right. I would say that the chips are delayed again and we will just see a Babyjet "in production" (prototype) made of a normal pc case, power supply and water cooling. I hope I am wrong  Wink

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
             █████████████████                   █████████████████
         █████████████████████████           █████████████████████████
       █████████████████████████████       █████████████████████████████
     █████████████████████████████████   █████████████████████████████████
   ████████████▀           ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
  ████████████▄▄███████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████
 ▐██████████████▀         ▀██████████▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████▄▄█████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
▐█████████████████▀      ▀██████████▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████▄▄██████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████      ███████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓███████████████    ████████████████
  █████████████████ ████ █████████████▓▓▓████████████████   █████████████   █
   ████████████████      ███████████████████████████████    ███████████
    ██████████████████████████████████ ██████████████████     ████████
      ███████████████████████████████     █████████████████
        ███████████████████████████         █████████████████▓
           ████████████████████                ███████████████████▓
               ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████████
▓████████████████████████████████▓
███████████████████████▒░███████████
▄█████████████████▒░      ███████████▄
█████████████░░          ░████████████
█████████░              ░█████████████
██████████▓░░          ░██████████████
██████████████▓░       ███████████████
▀███████████████▒     ░██████████████▀
████████████████▒   ░███████████████
████████████████░ ░███████████████
████████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
 ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
JOIN OUR
TELEGRAM
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 09:49:21 PM
Last edit: November 07, 2013, 10:03:01 PM by cedivad

You are giving people false hopes. And no, it's not as plausible as all the other theories.

As someone is suggesting, they are delaying the bad news as long as possible because they are trying to get as much fresh money as possible, and a fresh update on their blog, a bad news, would stop them.

On the other side, Josh re-posting the blogpost of the assembly house, as he recently did, makes sense to restore confidence.

Now an users that is reading of bitcoin and its boom lately is going into hashfast shop from google adwords:

And when he loads the blog, he finds pictures of the assembly facilities.
If this newcomer saw another delay update with bad news on it, instead, the sale would almost certainly be broken.

Does this theory explains everything? I think that it's almost perfect.

Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 09:58:28 PM

Also, please note that when initially posted, the "Updated Shipping News" blogpost, was written using caps. Now, it's not. It's buried over 4 other "positive" blogposts.

HashFast is really good at marketing. But what about everything else?

cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 10:11:48 PM

UPDATE!

PRODUCTION UPDATE — 11/07/2013
We want to update our customers on the progress of our machine production.

Producing a rig as powerful as the Baby Jet or Sierra requires coordination with a host of fabricators and designers — like the machines themselves, it's a lot of moving parts, and fluid timelines.

This is the situation:

Silicon Wafer Fabbed Out Successfully
The silicon wafers have completed fabrication. The silicon is the core of the chip, and the complicated etching process that creates the circuitry on the silicon is finished. Now the process is starting of taking this silicon, with its complete circuits, and packaging it into finished chips. The wafers are en route to San Jose, where they will be cut into individual die. We’ll get photos for you soon.

Substrate Update
When we designed our substrates, we knew they'd be one of the most unpredictable segments of the chip's production. Substrate production has a lot of risk — at high power, a substrate can overheat, causing a rig to underperform. While rerunning simulations in Cadence, we saw some concerning currents in some of the vias in the substrate. In order to address that, we've been working closely - every day - with both our substrate designers and our manufacturing house. We’ve made key improvements to the design that can be incorporated even into those substrates that are already in manufacturing. Even so, the latest delivery estimates for the modified, improved substrate design are three weeks from today. This means that we would be shipping our first rigs mid-December.

Obviously this is an incredible concern to us, and to you. So for the last several weeks, we've been engaged with an additional team to work on an additional substrate, simultaneous with our existing fabricator. Essentially, we now have two teams racing to produce the best and fastest substrate. As soon as that is done, we'll marry the substrates to the finished wafer and begin assembly of the rigs.

Miner Protection Program
For those of you covered under the Miner Protection Program™ (https://hashfast.com/miner-protection-program/), this delay will not affect the starting point from which benefits are calculated. For First Batch Baby Jets, the start date of the program will be retroactive to October 30th. We want to make sure a delayed ship date does not reduce the value of the program.

A lot of smart, hardworking people are working incredibly long hours to improve our production schedule. If we are able to ship rigs sooner than expected, we'll do so. And, of course, we'll let you know as we receive further information from our production line.
- The HashFast Team

TL;DR: we are screwed; best case first shipping: mid-December; however the MPP could save us.

TL;DRv2: Where is the post update on their blog? Afraid not to scam your customers, HF? Fuck you.

Gyrsur
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 10:12:16 PM

did you guys notice that the MPP option is deleted from new orders?

HashFast (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 10:16:32 PM

HashFast Production Update

Producing a rig as powerful as the Baby Jet or Sierra requires coordination with a host of fabricators and designers — like the machines themselves, it's a lot of moving parts, and fluid timelines.

This is the situation:

The silicon wafers have completed fabrication. The silicon is the core of the chip, and the complicated etching process that creates the circuitry on the silicon is finished. Now the process is starting of taking this silicon, with its complete circuits, and packaging it into finished chips. The wafers are en route to San Jose, where they will be cut into individual die. We’ll get photos for you soon.

Substrate Update
When we designed our substrates, we knew they'd be one of the most unpredictable segments of the chip's production. Substrate production has a lot of risk — at high power, a substrate can overheat, causing a rig to underperform. While rerunning simulations in Cadence, we saw some concerning currents in some of the vias in the substrate. In order to address that, we've been working closely - every day - with both our substrate designers and our manufacturing house. We’ve made key improvements to the design that can be incorporated even into those substrates that are already in manufacturing. Even so, the latest delivery estimates for the modified, improved substrate design are three weeks from today. This means that we would be shipping our first rigs mid-December.

Obviously this is an incredible concern to us, and to you. So for the last several weeks, we've been engaged with an additional team to work on an additional substrate, simultaneous with our existing fabricator. Essentially, we now have two teams racing to produce the best and fastest substrate. As soon as that is done, we'll marry the substrates to the finished wafer and begin assembly of the rigs.

Miner Protection Program
For those of you covered under the Miner Protection Program™ (https://hashfast.com/miner-protection-program/), this delay will not affect the starting point from which benefits are calculated. For First Batch Baby Jets, the start date of the program will be retroactive to October 30th. We want to make sure a delayed ship date does not reduce the value of the program.

A lot of smart, hardworking people are working incredibly long hours to improve our production schedule. If we are able to ship rigs sooner than expected, we'll do so. And, of course, we'll let you know as we receive further information from our production line.

- The HashFast Team

ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 10:18:10 PM

the start date of the program will be retroactive to October 30th

Thx! That was indeed a big concern.
perezoso

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 10:18:37 PM

did you guys notice that the MPP option is deleted from new orders?

My bet is that after this experience they move as fast as they can out of pre-orders altogether.  The degree of inducement necessary to get people* to buy preorder potentially threatens their bottom line.

*sane people.
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 10:18:42 PM

HashFast Production Update

This is the situation:

Substrate Update

Miner Protection Program

- The HashFast Team

How were you on track to ship late October as late as mid October, when your wafers are just out of fab now and on their way to dicing?
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 10:18:54 PM

Bad news for Hashfast customers.

Good news for Bitfury and KnC batch 1 customers.

Either way this business model is unsustainable.

Pages: « 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 [129] 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 ... 586 »
  Print  

Jump to: