Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:37:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 [529] 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 ... 586 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast announces specs for new ASIC: 400GH/s  (Read 880232 times)
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 02:37:40 AM

Regardless, leaving KnC off your list that purported to demonstrate the non-viability of big hot chips was a silly mistake to make.   Wink

No one said big chips are impossible. Just that they are fraught with difficulties, as proven by the fact that most big chips have had huge problems making working miners, while most small chips built working miners quickly and easily.

That's right.  When you lose on specifics, retreat into generalities.   Wink

Never mind how many difficulty-fraught small chips, including BitFury, have also had huge problems making working miners...   Roll Eyes

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 02:46:09 AM

So which BTC ASIC company is more successful than KnC?

Bitfury, Bitmain, Avalon, Asicminer, Lketc..

Nobody wants to buy a giant chip that requires $150 worth of cooling when you could use smaller chips with ~$30 worth of cooling.

Bitfury...maybe.  KnC already has like $20 million in the bank, while BitFury is borrowing $20 million in venture capital.

Let's not forget BitFury also had "problems actually building working miners" even with its tiny chip.  They had to run it at half speed, remember?

Do you really think Bitfury has no money in the bank? They raised $20m on a $270m total valuation. The only reason KNC/HF didn't raise $20m is because nobody wants to invest in them.

Even with a chip that never achieved the full 5GH they still managed to sell/deploy enough hardware to account for 40% of the network.

The rest?  Not a chance.  Avalon pissed off at least as many customers as HF.  Bitmain is still a baby.  And AM's latest chip is a dud.

Avalon still managed to sell 9PH (not including self mining) worth of overpriced hardware after "pissing off as many customers as HF" and their first gen was hugely successful.

AM already turned a profit of 210,000 btc and their latest chip is more energy/cost efficient than HF/KNC's chips.

Bitmain has managed to maintain 20% of the network for around half a year now. If Bitmain is a baby does that make KNC a fetus?

I don't know how you can say KNC is the most successful company while they have an incredible amount of pissed off customers demanding refunds and yield issues so bad they can't even ship to the few who still wanted their neptunes.

When you have to pay for electricity and rack space, the trivial increased cooling cost is overwhelmed by savings accrued by much higher density.

The savings on cooling are not nearly trivial when they make up ~25% of your production costs. Also the most dense miner to date (sp30) uses cheap extruded heatsinks.

Regardless, leaving KnC off your list that purported to demonstrate the non-viability of big hot chips was a silly mistake to make.

I agree he should have included KNC in the list of failures.

All good points my friend.  I exaggerated KnC's success to put Skye on the defensive.  IDK which ASIC company has the largest valuation, but KnC is no slouch.

Let's not lose sight of the fact that we HF customers purchased their pre-orders because we approved of their big hot chip approach.  Many of us hedged that bet by also gaining exposure to AsicMiner and other small cool chip makers.

Also, if you underclock a HF chip they are remarkably efficient.  And the single die product is still a work in progress.  Go Mr Teal go!!!   Cool

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 03:17:49 AM

And if KnC is just another big hot chip failure like HF/CT/BFL, why did Syke accidentally forget to include them in his list?

Over engineered!

Bitfury...maybe.  KnC already has like $20 million in the bank, while BitFury is borrowing $20 million in venture capital.

You are more stupid than I thought after stating this.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 04:01:11 AM

And if KnC is just another big hot chip failure like HF/CT/BFL, why did Syke accidentally forget to include them in his list?

Over engineered!

You are more stupid than I thought after stating this.

KnC can't control what kind of power cables users plug into their boards.  Fried PCIE connects are just part of mining, regardless of platform.

As for stupidity, let's revisit your encouragement of Inaba and support for BFL...  Grin
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=53530.msg689306#msg689306

Re: 1GH/s, 20w, $700 (was $500) — Butterflylabs, is it for real? (Part 2)
January 13, 2012, 05:04:52 AM

bulanula why would they disclose the tech behind their product now? getting a head start in any business means more money for you. if they disclose the tech then maybe someone else would start creating an identical product. having their products shipped then disclosing the tech seems to me a BIG head start. so there is absolutely no logic in disclosing their tech now.

Inaba & the rest: why don't you use the "ignore" function for the trolls and the idiots? Life would be much easier then...

/slap-fight   Kiss

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 06:00:51 AM

If this isn't a "prepackaged bankruptcy scam", if you really think that, well, I'm sorry, but I can't help you.

It's the "prepackaged bankruptcy scam" that I've been eluding to all along, hence hammering the key players, for I've envisioned this not being the last pbs with basically the same players jockeying for position to do it all again.

All four of CoinWare's pet entities have a combine total of tens of millions of dollars worth of Monarchs on order from BFL with nary one yet supposedly delivered, yet they're hawking their brains out that what they have to offer is the greatest thing since sliced wafers, informing the world that with their brands you can't go wrong, albeit they themselves wouldn't touch it with a ten inch Skropenis pole.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 07:32:29 AM

Never mind how many difficulty-fraught small chips, including BitFury, have also had huge problems making working miners...   Roll Eyes

You wanna criticize Bitfury? An engineer that single-handedly designed a 55nm chip that is more efficient than most 28nm chips. Whose miners shipped on time. Whose company deals with venture capitalists instead of bankruptcy attorneys. Whose chip is powering a significant portion of the entire Bitcoin network . Go on, keep making a fool of yourself.

Buy & Hold
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 08:01:05 AM

KnC can't control what kind of power cables users plug into their boards.  Fried PCIE connects are just part of mining, regardless of platform.

As for stupidity, let's revisit your encouragement of Inaba and support for BFL...  Grin
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=53530.msg689306#msg689306

Re: 1GH/s, 20w, $700 (was $500) — Butterflylabs, is it for real? (Part 2)
January 13, 2012, 05:04:52 AM

bulanula why would they disclose the tech behind their product now? getting a head start in any business means more money for you. if they disclose the tech then maybe someone else would start creating an identical product. having their products shipped then disclosing the tech seems to me a BIG head start. so there is absolutely no logic in disclosing their tech now.

Inaba & the rest: why don't you use the "ignore" function for the trolls and the idiots? Life would be much easier then...

/slap-fight   Kiss

Ok. I will power my Jupiters using as power cables my chewing gum! Since they can't control what power cables user plug into their boards I will show them how its done!!!

As for me supporting Inaba well it was January 2012. Why wouldn't I support them back then? They looked ok back then. Please tell me a reason why shouldn't I support them.

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 06:58:37 PM

http://www.reddit.com/r/vertcoin/comments/26mlmb/bliss_devices_allegedly_vtccapable_asic_maker/

Yes, sorry, I should have included links in the orignal post.
Okay, here is the Bliss video featuring Abram Kottmeier: http://youtu.be/LLrQ40qUegg?t=4m26s
There is very lengthy discussion of Kottmeier, aka "Long Dong Johnson" in the main Hashfast thread at bitcointalk. Best to just search the thread for "Kottmeier" or "Long Dong". Be prepared for some, errr, interesting material. If you are up for it, here is a link to Abram's page offering his services as a male prostitute in SF on massageboy.com:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=262052.msg4322377;topicseen#msg4322377
He even has bad reviews. You can't make this stuff up. Kottmeier used to have a site called playpen.com. Now he sells ASICs.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 12:09:25 AM

You wanna criticize Bitfury? An engineer that single-handedly designed a 55nm chip that is more efficient than most 28nm chips. Whose miners shipped on time. Whose company deals with venture capitalists instead of bankruptcy attorneys. Whose chip is powering a significant portion of the entire Bitcoin network . Go on, keep making a fool of yourself.

Stating historical facts relevant to the big/hot vs small/cool ASIC debate is not criticism.  BF is obviously a self-taught engineering wunderkind.  That doesn't change the fact that his first chip was tricky to get running in serial, nor the fact that it had to be underclocked to meet power spec.  That he succeeded in spite of these challenges speaks even more highly of his abilities.  You are making a fool of yourself by insisting we pretend everything he touched was perfect in every way.  Get a grip bro, only Master Satoshi is infallible.   Wink

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 12:35:50 AM

Stating historical facts relevant to the big/hot vs small/cool ASIC debate is not criticism.

If you want to stick to "historical fact" it might be time to pass the "Fastest ASIC on the planet" title you keep giving HF on to its rightful owner: KnC.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 12:43:52 AM

Stating historical facts relevant to the big/hot vs small/cool ASIC debate is not criticism.

If you want to stick to "historical fact" it might be time to pass the "Fastest ASIC on the planet" title you keep giving HF on to its rightful owner: KnC.

How fast is KnC's currently available chip?  Is 20nm Nepture for sale yet?

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 12:47:39 AM

How fast is KnC's currently available chip?  Is 20nm Nepture for sale yet?

So if I order a Hash Fast today when will it ship?  Tongue
pmorici

Activity: 479
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 12:57:31 AM

You'll have to confirm with them but it's my understanding they have GN1 chips, whole wafers, and ATX power supplies that are basically shipping immediately from stock.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 02:19:00 AM

You'll have to confirm with them but it's my understanding they have GN1 chips, whole wafers, and ATX power supplies that are basically shipping immediately from stock.

It wasn't an honest question Professor.  Blazed and his hater buddies just like to gainsay anything I write.   Cheesy

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 02:28:12 AM

It wasn't an honest question Professor.  Blazed and his hater buddies just like to gainsay anything I write.   Cheesy

Honestly if I could buy some Hash Fast stuff at a decent price I would no questions asked!  I have no dog in this fight as I do not pre order EVER so I have never been screwed buying gear  Cool
scr3u.ucr3trs

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 05:01:17 AM

[/quote]

Lots of talk here, but no answers.  What is the plan, what is the CRO doing?  Who has the assets?  Who's in charge?  When do creditors see any money?  Where is the creditor committee plan-- they were so vocal and are now silent.... oh god we screwed up?  Maybe just a bit?  What the hell is going on?  One of their vendors has been going nuts because they apparently sold inventory that was recently bought buy LiquidBits to another customer.  Can't they even get inventory reporting right with the CRO on board now?  WTF?  Where is the reorg plan and what is Eddie up to now, and where are all the millions that Simon claims that his IP brain is worth?  And the creditors committee is now doing what? 
Ilan1

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 06:54:34 AM

Lots of talk here, but no answers.  What is the plan, what is the CRO doing?  Who has the assets?  Who's in charge?  When do creditors see any money?  Where is the creditor committee plan-- they were so vocal and are now silent.... oh god we screwed up?  Maybe just a bit?  What the hell is going on?  One of their vendors has been going nuts because they apparently sold inventory that was recently bought buy LiquidBits to another customer.  Can't they even get inventory reporting right with the CRO on board now?  WTF?  Where is the reorg plan and what is Eddie up to now, and where are all the millions that Simon claims that his IP brain is worth?  And the creditors committee is now doing what? 
[/quote]

The only person that we are going to ever get any sense out of and that will progress any kind of compensation for the creditors will be the Judge IMHO! No body else appears to give a damn about us! This need to be moved on now, firm decisions need to be made! A recall the judge saying that he will step in if really necessary and play more of a part in negotiating the best way forward for the creditors! I am sure there was something like this said in one of the first hearings but I would have to listen back to the audio to be certain! Clearly nobody else has the ability to move things forward!

LTCgear.com Review http://ltcgear.co.ukhttp://ltcgear.com/?apage=120 - 160mh/s for $850 use coupon code "anniversary1yr" - Active Multi Algorithm cloud mining in Scrypt, X11 and Scrypt-N - ROI in 5 Weeks
pmorici

Activity: 479

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 07:42:52 AM

So if I order a Hash Fast today when will it ship?  Tongue

Lots of talk here, but no answers.  What is the plan, what is the CRO doing?  Who has the assets?  Who's in charge?  When do creditors see any money?  Where is the creditor committee plan-- they were so vocal and are now silent.... oh god we screwed up?  Maybe just a bit?  What the hell is going on?  One of their vendors has been going nuts because they apparently sold inventory that was recently bought buy LiquidBits to another customer.  Can't they even get inventory reporting right with the CRO on board now?  WTF?  Where is the reorg plan and what is Eddie up to now, and where are all the millions that Simon claims that his IP brain is worth?  And the creditors committee is now doing what?  

I'm confused you post all these breathless rants about how no one is telling you what is going on and then you claim in the next sentence that you have inside knowledge of the operations of some HF vendor?  You sound like you are just here to sow FUD.

I'm not sure why you thought the CRO would fix this situation over night but that just isn't the way the world works.  Good progress is being made though.  The public court documents answer almost all of your questions.  If you are having trouble reading and understanding them then I suggest you hire a lawyer to explain to you how it all works.

What is the plan, what is the CRO doing?
The plan is to get as much money as possible for the creditors.  The CRO is working in San Francisco and directly overseeing and executing the day to day work of making that happen.  That includes things like selling what can be sold, licensing what can be licensed, and other business negotiations that will return money.

Who has the assets?
The locations of the various assets are listed in the court document titled "Schedule B Personal Property" DOC#84.  In short they are in multiple locations including Canada, Korea, and California.

Who's in charge?
The CRO is in charge as of two weeks ago.

When do creditors see any money?
This question has been answered several times.  The deadline for filing claims in October 2014.  No money gets paid out until after that date.  Any money recovered between now and then gets put into an account that is monitored by the US Bankruptcy Trustee and will be returned to creditors some time after that October deadline.  If you have questions about how bankruptcy works you should contact your lawyer or call the US Bankruptcy trustee's office and ask them.
Dryleaf

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 04:44:12 PM

Honestly if I could buy some Hash Fast stuff at a decent price I would no questions asked!  I have no dog in this fight as I do not pre order EVER so I have never been screwed buying gear  Cool

We are currently selling some of our Evo (Rev 3) units for bulk orders only.  If needed, we can also include PSU's, coolers and cables at discounted pricing.  PM here or visit www.kaysid.com/contactus if interested.  For those looking for orders of 100+ units contact us at info@kaysid.com with offers.  Here are a couple photos of one of our Evo boards and a full row hashing away.

Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1011

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 10:25:31 PM

We are currently selling some of our Evo (Rev 3) units for bulk orders only.  If needed, we can also include PSU's, coolers and cables at discounted pricing.  PM here or visit www.kaysid.com/contactus if interested.  For those looking for orders of 100+ units contact us at info@kaysid.com with offers.  Here are a couple photos of one of our Evo boards and a full row hashing away.
That is certainly interesting news.   Maybe post a little more information about specs, pricing, delivery etc. here?

Pages: « 1 ... 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 [529] 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 ... 586 »
  Print  

Jump to: