Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:34:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 ... 144 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BETA][EXCHANGE][REALTIME] CoinEX realtime exchange  (Read 283595 times)
hammo

Activity: 493
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 12:16:20 AM

I trust the guys at Coinex to recover the money and coins, just give them a little breathing space. If you feel hard done by just imagine what they are feeling having that same feeling x1000.

Just a gentle reminder that exchanges and mining pools are not banks. You should look to move your money into your own secure wallet.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
koldshot

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 12:33:27 AM

Trust or not, I have no confidence in this exchange. They routinely took 4-5days to answer support tickets, most where never addressed. I had Millions of coins stuck on Jan 20 and to this day haven't been fixed. I watched the value go from 1BTC to .04btc and now to zero. I spent everyday in the trollbox letting Captain Future know. Hardware excuses and Erundook has to fix it. I was on of many, many users with similar stuck coin issues and as we all know, sometimes it doesn't take more than a few hours for coins to lose value. We let everyone in the trollbox know customer support was pretty lacking. Backup up support queues is one thing, but complete neglect is another. And now I should be surprised they had security issues? No customer support, weak security, so what were they doing besides promoting IPOs?

So I don't feel bad, their poor service gave me the heads up to take all my coins out and business elsewhere while everyone else acts surprised and tells everyone what good guys they are.   
Fdt

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

Forexcoin Developer

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 01:01:45 AM

Some kind of decentralized exchange with the fast updating prices and volume  based on the latest deals can be interesting.

nyktalgia

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 01:06:06 AM

>I trust Erundock and CaptainFuture.

I don't trust ANYONE with my money, that's why I use bitcoin. A server could be the most updated secure box in the world, and it doesn't matter if the people can't be trusted. The entire model of currency exchange with master keyholders has to die, and Open Transactions has to kill it.

I like the idea of an open exchange with no keyholder, that is an excellent idea!    Kind of like craigslist for altcoins Tongue

How would that work? And don't compare anything to craigslist if your trying to make it look good.

It is called distributed exchange. The implementation is still experimental but when it matures there would not be any need to trust people... ever.

If bitcoin is possible then distributed exchange should also be possible at least for cryptocoins.

Also it is possible to have ultimate security, that ultimate security is called bitcoin. Before the emergence of bitcoin it was not possible.
Because of that ultimate security bitcoin looks like almost outworld technology.

Yea i didn't mean a craigslist... I meant a coinex with craigslist with nobody controlling it ^_^  How to implement... hmm that is the hard part.   I'm sure we can do it.

I like the idea of that, so its like p2pool correct?

i guess so... just have a server that controls interactions, so long as it is secure, everything goes from user wallet to wallet, instead of going to the cloud or an internet based source...

flipstyle

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 02:26:31 AM

Well, I appreciate the update.  But that does little to console, as my hundreds of VTC's have now vanished, and right during the midst of a price surge after sitting stagnant for weeks.  

Ha.  Oh effin' well.

Do we have any tentative ETA on when we can possibly expect to get our coins back?  Or does anyone from the last 'hacking' fiasco remember how long it took to get their stuff back?
nyktalgia

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 02:54:37 AM

Well, I appreciate the update.  But that does little to console, as my hundreds of VTC's have now vanished, and right during the midst of a price surge after sitting stagnant for weeks.  

Ha.  Oh effin' well.

Do we have any tentative ETA on when we can possibly expect to get our coins back?  Or does anyone from the last 'hacking' fiasco remember how long it took to get their stuff back?

coinex scam.. bro... im still waitin for my shit... ugh why did i ever trust this site....... i hate dishoenst ppl more than anything, fuck with my btc alll you want, karma will hit u 10 fold....... once they extinguish their BTC they will put coinex back up and be beggin for more... but maybe I have drilled a hole so far into his brain by now he just wants to find a way to cut out and vanish......... I would too if I was him.

glassgoose45

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 02:54:55 AM

Ha.  Oh effin' well.

Protip: don't expect your coins back and you won't be disappointed
nyktalgia

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 03:08:29 AM

Ha.  Oh effin' well.

Protip: don't expect your coins back and you won't be disappointed

didnt sound like he expected them at all, so why are you talking?Huh??

Deacyde

Activity: 11

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 03:30:50 AM

Yo Xzibit,

You wanna what!?!?!

Xzibit: " I wanna put an exchange, inside your exchange, so you can exchange your exchanges, chaining changes, but wait, check this shit, I wanna put a decentralized exchange, inside your decentralized currency, so you can be free to roam while you are free to roam, and wait, I'm not fucking done yet! I want to put the banking system inside your banking system so you can bank, while you're banking... yeah, I went there... "

everyone else: "  Huh,  Shocked,  Undecided Word... "

----------

So we need a Escrow to user auction to ghost trading, to penis picture farm!?!? I'm confused

I wanna go with Xzibit's idea... Exchangeception.... trade, while your trading, while you're traded...

---

BTW, I would think the hacker would be in these forums, trolling.... Beware of stressful posters...
milly6
Legendary

Activity: 1632
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 03:32:55 AM

>I trust Erundock and CaptainFuture.

I don't trust ANYONE with my money, that's why I use bitcoin. A server could be the most updated secure box in the world, and it doesn't matter if the people can't be trusted. The entire model of currency exchange with master keyholders has to die, and Open Transactions has to kill it.

I like the idea of an open exchange with no keyholder, that is an excellent idea!    Kind of like craigslist for altcoins Tongue

How would that work? And don't compare anything to craigslist if your trying to make it look good.

What do you have against craigslist? Its a simple platform that always works flawlessly and has great spam control. ??

Eyes open, No Fear. Be Safe! Trinity: Currency Without Bias
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4894

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 03:33:09 AM

I reallly liked coinex.pw...  It's a shame this happened.  At least they aren't giving you guys the runaround, takes a lot of balls to come out and be honest.

What makes you think they're being honest?

Because they are good guys... you are all so quick to point the finger.  I know you guys are upset...but ppl have been joking about finding out where they live.  That's not cool at all.  Put yourselves in their shoes.  It's not like running the exchange didn't take a lot of time, effort, and money.  

If you were them, you'd be SICK at your stomach right now.  More so than anyone that had their crypto there.

That's why I trade with Atomic-Trade now.  More and more sites are being hacked, and at Atomic-Trade, this is simply not possible.

Plus, do you guys know how much it cost the owner to get his FINCEN MSB license?  He would never run off with your coins...he has invested an enormous amount of money into his business.

Gox, Poloniex, Cryptsy, Coinex...and more.  Who's next?  It won't be Atomic-Trade.

JUST STOP YOUR FUCKING LIES.

Certain money services businesses (MSBs) have been required to register with FinCEN since 1999, when the MSB regulations first went into effect. An entity acting as an MSB that fails to register as required is subject to civil money penalties and possible criminal prosecution. The registration of the MSB serves as a first step in establishing the compliance framework for applicable FinCEN regulations designed to help mitigate the risks of criminal abuse of MSBs for money laundering and terrorist financing as the MSB seeks to provide financial services to customers for legitimate purposes.
 There is no cost for registration, which is a simple procedure explained in detail on FinCEN's Web site at
 http://www.fincen.gov/financial_institutions/msb/msb.registration.html.

http://www.fincen.gov/news_room/ea/ea.msb.html

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
nyktalgia

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 03:48:48 AM

I reallly liked coinex.pw...  It's a shame this happened.  At least they aren't giving you guys the runaround, takes a lot of balls to come out and be honest.

What makes you think they're being honest?

Because they are good guys... you are all so quick to point the finger.  I know you guys are upset...but ppl have been joking about finding out where they live.  That's not cool at all.  Put yourselves in their shoes.  It's not like running the exchange didn't take a lot of time, effort, and money.  

If you were them, you'd be SICK at your stomach right now.  More so than anyone that had their crypto there.

That's why I trade with Atomic-Trade now.  More and more sites are being hacked, and at Atomic-Trade, this is simply not possible.

Plus, do you guys know how much it cost the owner to get his FINCEN MSB license?  He would never run off with your coins...he has invested an enormous amount of money into his business.

Gox, Poloniex, Cryptsy, Coinex...and more.  Who's next?  It won't be Atomic-Trade.

JUST STOP YOUR FUCKING LIES.

Certain money services businesses (MSBs) have been required to register with FinCEN since 1999, when the MSB regulations first went into effect. An entity acting as an MSB that fails to register as required is subject to civil money penalties and possible criminal prosecution. The registration of the MSB serves as a first step in establishing the compliance framework for applicable FinCEN regulations designed to help mitigate the risks of criminal abuse of MSBs for money laundering and terrorist financing as the MSB seeks to provide financial services to customers for legitimate purposes.
 There is no cost for registration, which is a simple procedure explained in detail on FinCEN's Web site at
 http://www.fincen.gov/financial_institutions/msb/msb.registration.html.

http://www.fincen.gov/news_room/ea/ea.msb.html

fincen.gov? get ur shit out of here......

nyktalgia

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 03:49:56 AM

This is quickly becoming a spam fest I guess... you are all tools... wake up and stop being a greedy lil bitch! its so simple......

Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4894

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 03:56:20 AM
Last edit: March 20, 2014, 04:42:43 AM by Hueristic

In the meantime, you guys should check out ATOMIC-TRADE

Here's a excerpt from an article about the site:

"Atomic-Trade is integrated with a high speed distributed cache and microsoft sql server enterprise which enables it to host a virtually unlimited user capacity. It also assures that users will have no interruption as changes and updates are made on a multi-tiered system. User capacity is virtually unlimited since servers can be deployed on demand within minutes. Having a multi tier redundant system also means changes and updates can be deployed with little or no user interruption. If a server goes offline more will spool up to take its place or scale back during times of low usage.

Security is tight on this exchange platform as it is hack proof. The password storage system does not store passwords, instead it utilizes a unique hash key that is generated for each user’s password.

In addition, with this extraordinary multi-tier system the actual coin wallets, database, and trade engine are only accessible by designated servers in the same private network. Only the final tier is accessible to the internet via a secure connection. A 2fa option will also be available provided by Authy ensuring users the utmost in security."

The owner also paid a web security firm to audit the site.

Here's the report:

Really sorry for your losses.  Give Atomic a chance if you are willing to trust another exchange.  They are as secure as it gets.

I use Coinex, I got scared, I started closely following this thread.  I decided not to post, too much speculation.  But as of a few hours ago I have enough assurance to hold off on drawing conclusions for a few more days.  That said...

A few things wrong with your post, nobody, I mean *nobody* worth their salt that works in the security industry respects these claims.

Let me break down the security-relevant problems I have with this blurb:

"Hack proof" - really?!  Do I need to point out the problems with that statement?  Hack proof from what?  A kiddie with no funding?  A well-funded nation state?  Someone slightly between the two?  A statement like that reflects marketing, not security.  State your threat model, identify your risks, characterize the attack vectors, tell us how they are mitigated.  "Hack proof" is marketing bull shit.

"The password storage system does not store passwords, instead it utilizes a unique hash key that is generated for each user’s password." - WTF.  That is called "hashing passwords."  Congrats on security innovation.  Let me guess, the next press release will state a second innovation has been introduced called salting, to mitigate magical rainbow table attacks.  And that claim alone backs up "hack proof".  Pfft.

Multi-tier systems are SOP these days.  Guess what, information flows between them out of necessity.  That information may be malicious in nature.  Multi-tier systems do not necessarily mitigate vulnerabilities nor do they enhance the security posture of the overall solution.

As we all know at this point TFA is not work the bits it takes to store the salt if the guts have not been thoughtfully architected with security in mind from the get-go.  And I'm not getting that feeling from this blurb.

The image shows security measurement based on a relatively static set of tests, easily defeatable using countless tools, and only for the perimeter systems.  But images of security pies make people feel good.  Pies taste good.  Therefore, through correlation, security is good.

Moving forward, a real, external third-party producing an exhaustive security analysis including information of non-perimeter systems would be more assuring than the current information provided.

And before the trolls jump down my throat, yes I realize this is my first post.  I've never had to participate until now as lurking was sufficient.  Now, I feel obligated to chime in to save people from marketing jargon.  Security is my day job, I hate seeing marketing crap being used to trick those that aren't experts in the field into trusting some organization.  Pick your poisons carefully, my money remains in wallets, not exchanges spamming a thread where there is a lynch mob in-progress.

QFT

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
nyktalgia

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 04:11:33 AM

This is quickly becoming a spam fest I guess... you are all tools... wake up and stop being a greedy lil bitch! its so simple......

quit spammin ur shit nobodoygives a fuck about atomic trade

c234545

Activity: 4

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 04:58:59 AM

Ha.  Oh effin' well.

Do we have any tentative ETA on when we can possibly expect to get our coins back?  Or does anyone from the last 'hacking' fiasco remember how long it took to get their stuff back?

coinex scam.. bro... im still waitin for my shit... ugh why did i ever trust this site....... i hate dishoenst ppl more than anything, fuck with my btc alll you want, karma will hit u 10 fold....... once they extinguish their BTC they will put coinex back up and be beggin for more... but maybe I have drilled a hole so far into his brain by now he just wants to find a way to cut out and vanish......... I would too if I was him.

I found this on Bitcurex.com it looks like they were robbed this past few days.
I wonder if the two thefts are connected in any way?

Dear Users,

First of all, we would like to thank all of you for your patience and understanding that you have shown during the last couple of dozen hours. We thank all our Users from Poland and abroad who contacted us and stressed their faith in resolving this situation in an positive way, despite the black scenarios that everybody must have thought about.

We are proud to inform you that we are resuming our service with all its functionalities on March 18 (Tuesday) at the latest. We will inform you about the exact hour of resuming the service soon. The service will be brought back to its state from before the attack using the backup copies.

The thief did not manage to break our security measures protecting your accounts nor gain full access to operational Hot Wallet Bitcurex. Thanks to our safety procedures, after the initial non- authorised transactions, the thief was prevented from making any further operations. Then the service was shut down to carry out repair works and implement the necessary improvements to our system.

Our internal procedures prevented any further losses, which were limited to between 10 and 20 percent of our operational Hot Wallet Bitcurex. Because of realistic chances of filing criminal charges against those who are responsible, in order to allow an effective official investigation, we prefer not to disclose details that could facilitate destroying evidence.

All the incurred losses were covered from the funds gathered by Digital Future – the owner of Bitcurex. Our fees will not be raised, nor will we introduce any other restrictions.

Further important details are:
Galane

Activity: 34

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 05:55:31 AM

What do you have against craigslist? Its a simple platform that always works flawlessly and has great spam control. ??

Craigslist has pretty close to zero spam control. Just have a look at all the car dealer ads posted multiple times per day for the same vehicles.
TeQ99

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 07:28:02 AM

Take your time buddy.
Some of us are adults and are just happy you and your guys are working towards a resolution.

+1
+1
+1

DOMAINS FOR SALE. -= www.binnenland.nl =-
                               -= www.workyourdreams.nl =-
                               -= www.securityspecialisten.nl =-
smurf01

Activity: 23

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 08:45:36 AM

I found this great website: http://www.altcoinswap.net
nepia

Activity: 15

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 09:00:34 AM

If all our deposits are to be reimbursed, the only way to know exactly the correct amounts for
all deposits is to rewind the all trade back right?
Back to when everything was normal, safe, and working order.
I suppose log file of a sort exists to make this possible, but
pointing to the exact "time" seems very difficult.
I wonder how this is going to be managed.
Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 ... 144 »
  Print  

Jump to: