Bitcoin Forum
July 20, 2019, 09:16:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.18.0 [Torrent] (New!)

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 [133] 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 ... 344 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] KRAKEN.COM - Exchange with USD EUR GBP JPY CAD BTC LTC XRP NMC XDG STR ETH  (Read 614618 times)
Dargo
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 04:48:43 PM

But it's a good question... what to do, if I loose my yubikey or sth. like that? Dargo, what are the steps to make, if someone lost the yubikey/password?

Of course I want access to my account even if I lost password/yubikey. But on the other hand I don't want that someone who hacked my mailaddress is able to resett my password/2FA.    https://support.kraken.com/hc/en-us/articles/204359233-How-can-I-recover-my-account-
If I understand the steps in this link right, someone with my email address and accountname can request a new password and a 2FA bypass, without verifying his identity.
Wouldn't it be better to ask for a scan of ID card or a webcam verification to proof the identity?

This is what the master key is for - to protect against someone hacking your email address (and other things). You should create a master key on a separate two-factor device from the one you use for login and keep it someplace very safe. If you don't have a second device, just make it a static password until you can get one. Once the master key is created, it will be required in order to reset your password or bypass the 2FA for account login.

https://support.kraken.com/hc/en-us/articles/201396847-What-is-the-master-key-shown-on-the-two-factor-authentication-page-

Another option is to use the global settings lock. Once activated, nobody can change the settings in your account for the number of days you specify, even if they hack into your account. So they couldn't enter their own withdrawal addresses. You can do both the master key and the global settings lock, but if you create the master key before you do the settings lock, the master key can be used to override the settings lock. This is convenient, but keep in mind that if someone obtains your master key, they will be able to override the settings lock.

https://support.kraken.com/hc/en-us/articles/201396877-What-is-the-Global-Settings-Lock-

Edit: a further protection would be to give us your PGP key for email encryption. This way, all automated email from us, including password reset and 2FA bypass are encrypted.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Serpens66
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1015

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 05:12:09 PM

This is what the master key is for - to protect against someone hacking your email address (and other things). You should create a master key on a separate two-factor device from the one you use for login and keep it someplace very safe. If you don't have a second device, just make it a static password until you can get one. Once the master key is created, it will be required in order to reset your password or bypass the 2FA for account login.

https://support.kraken.com/hc/en-us/articles/201396847-What-is-the-master-key-shown-on-the-two-factor-authentication-page-

Edit: a further protection would be to give us your PGP key for email encryption. This way, all automated email from us, including password reset and 2FA bypass are encrypted.
Thanks, I created a masterkey now Smiley
What would Kraken do, if someone claims he lost his 2FA device and used the same device to generate the masterkey?
This could happen, but it could also be an attempt to steal the account. Would you now try to confirm the identity?

Mit Cointracking behältst du die Übersicht über all deine Trades und Gewinne. Sogar ein Tool für die Steuer ist dabei Wink                              binance.je als EUR Börse
Testen ist kostenlos und mit dem obigen Link bekommst du 10% Rabatt auf die kostenpflichtigen Pakete. Thread                                        Great Freeware Game: Clonk Rage
Für instant Handel auch am Wochenende bei bitcoin.de sollte man das Fidorkonto verwenden Smiley FAQ Ref-Link: Registrieren
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 05:59:38 PM

Thanks, I created a masterkey now Smiley
What would Kraken do, if someone claims he lost his 2FA device and used the same device to generate the masterkey?
This could happen, but it could also be an attempt to steal the account. Would you now try to confirm the identity?

Yes, that's a case where we have protocols in place to confirm your identity.
mithrandi

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2015, 06:28:27 PM

I'm having a weird problem where I'm unable to turn on the Global Settings Lock; when I click "Update Settings", the page just eventually returns a Cloudflare timeout error. However, the rest of the site (at least the things I tried) seems to be working just fine!

Actual error message:
Web server is returning an unknown error
There is an unknown connection issue between CloudFlare and the origin web server. As a result, the web page can not be displayed.

Ray ID: 1aeec1383dae02fd
Your IP address: 197.89.69.210
Error reference number: 520
CloudFlare Location: London

Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 07:14:27 PM

I'm having a weird problem where I'm unable to turn on the Global Settings Lock; when I click "Update Settings", the page just eventually returns a Cloudflare timeout error. However, the rest of the site (at least the things I tried) seems to be working just fine!

Actual error message:
There is an unknown connection issue between CloudFlare and the origin web server. As a result, the web page can not be displayed.

We tested it and it seems to be working OK. Please create a ticket if you haven't already since we'll need to look at your account. I'd also try again to see if it was just a temporary issue.
mithrandi

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2015, 08:01:35 PM

Actual error message:

We tested it and it seems to be working OK. Please create a ticket if you haven't already since we'll need to look at your account. I'd also try again to see if it was just a temporary issue.

I tried again now and it worked, so just temporary I guess Smiley

Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 08:49:06 PM

Hi Serpens - thanks for letting us know about this. It's the first I've heard of an issue like this, but we'll look into it.

Hey Dargo,

sometimes the yubikey confirmation does not work. I'm not sure if the problem is the yubikey or if there is another problem.
But when I want to confirm a withdrawal it happens often (~20% of the time), that I get the message "the submitted form has expired" (or something like this, I did not copy the exact wording), even though not more than 15 seconds have passed.  
Nonetheless the bitcoins were send.   So now it happens,that I thougt the bitcoins were not send and send the amount twice.
Luckily it was one of my addresses so i can send the bitcoins back. But what if it was not my address? So you should fix this issue.

Serpens - Here's the reply I got from one of our devs: If it went through, it wouldn't have seen the form expired message. The form expired message would have prevented double withdrawals of the same request (resubmission of the same form).  You probably got the browser resubmit your request page and refreshed the page, got the expired form page, then submitted a new request.
It happend again, the message I get is "The submitted form has expired or is invalid. Please resubmit your request.".
All I did now was "Funding-> Withdraw -> Bitcoin -> choose adress -> type in amount -> press yubikey -> wait -> the error message appears -> even though bitcoins sent"
I did not refresh anything. But of course when I reported it first on January 20, 2015, I did click "back" to resubmit my request -> "double spend".
So the issue is still there. I get this error message and think the bitcoins are not sent, but they are sent.

edit:
About the API orderbook issue: count=2 did not solve the problem =/ =/ Now I have the best 2 asks, and no bid in the list (it happend 2 times on 25th January)

Serpens - Let me know if you see this again. We made some changes that should make it much less likely to happen, and if it does the error message will tell you to wait a while and check on the status of your request before making the request again.
Serpens66
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 10:18:26 PM

It happend again, the message I get is "The submitted form has expired or is invalid. Please resubmit your request.".
All I did now was "Funding-> Withdraw -> Bitcoin -> choose adress -> type in amount -> press yubikey -> wait -> the error message appears -> even though bitcoins sent"
I did not refresh anything. But of course when I reported it first on January 20, 2015, I did click "back" to resubmit my request -> "double spend".
So the issue is still there. I get this error message and think the bitcoins are not sent, but they are sent.

edit:
About the API orderbook issue: count=2 did not solve the problem =/ =/ Now I have the best 2 asks, and no bid in the list (it happend 2 times on 25th January)

Serpens - Let me know if you see this again. We made some changes that should make it much less likely to happen, and if it does the error message will tell you to wait a while and check on the status of your request before making the request again.
thanks Smiley
how about the API orderbook issue?

Mit Cointracking behältst du die Übersicht über all deine Trades und Gewinne. Sogar ein Tool für die Steuer ist dabei Wink                              binance.je als EUR Börse
Testen ist kostenlos und mit dem obigen Link bekommst du 10% Rabatt auf die kostenpflichtigen Pakete. Thread                                        Great Freeware Game: Clonk Rage
Für instant Handel auch am Wochenende bei bitcoin.de sollte man das Fidorkonto verwenden Smiley FAQ Ref-Link: Registrieren
Buster

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 05:56:44 PM

Is it possible to deposit GBP via Paycash and then convert this balance to EUR when it arrives at Kraken?
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 08:03:59 PM

how about the API orderbook issue?

I asked about this but haven't heard back yet. I'll let you know when I do.
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 08:13:56 PM

Is it possible to deposit GBP via Paycash and then convert this balance to EUR when it arrives at Kraken?

Not at this time. But we are considering it along with other ways to address thin order books like we have for GBP.
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 07:53:12 PM

Announcement: support.kraken.com is currently down. The site is hosted by zendesk, which is experiencing a service disruption in one of it's data centers. They are making progress on fixing the issue but haven't given an estimate for when it might be fixed. This doesn't affect our exchange operations at kraken.com, but it may mean that some customers experience a delayed response to support requests.
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 08:05:31 PM

Announcement: support.kraken.com is currently down. The site is hosted by zendesk, which is experiencing a service disruption in one of it's data centers. They are making progress on fixing the issue but haven't given an estimate for when it might be fixed. This doesn't affect our exchange operations at kraken.com, but it may mean that some customers experience a delayed response to support requests.

Looks like it's already back up, so there shouldn't be much of an interruption in support response times.
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 06:30:20 PM

Kracken where the first to audit reserves and have always been transparent in their dealings so don't want to hassle too much but any plans on doing another audit soon or implementing verifiable reserves?

Your inquiry is welcome because people should be more insistent that exchanges do regular audits. We plan to work towards doing them more regularly, but at the present time the best I can say is that we want to do another one as soon as we can, but don't have a specific estimate.
Serpens66
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 07:22:11 PM

Hey Dargo,

I created a sixth deposit address. Now one of my old addresses will expire in 7 days.  But I don't want this address to expire. How can I choose an other address from my six to expire?

Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 07:39:07 AM

Hey Dargo,

I created a sixth deposit address. Now one of my old addresses will expire in 7 days.  But I don't want this address to expire. How can I choose an other address from my six to expire?

Serpens - did you create a ticket about this? That would be the best way to make the request. I'm not sure if it can be done though. Currently the system sets your oldest address to expire once you create a sixth address. We plan to change this at some point so you can select the address that expires. When you create the ticket, let the agent know which address you'd like to expire instead and we'll see what we can do.

dsattler
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 07:43:40 AM

Dargo,
you should know that you break german law if you request and store a copy of german personal ID card. That's why german customers leave kraken.

No, that's not true. It's often discussed, but the european law against money-laundering is superior in this case.

Bitcointalk member since 2013! Smiley
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 08:01:58 AM

Kracken where the first to audit reserves and have always been transparent in their dealings so don't want to hassle too much but any plans on doing another audit soon or implementing verifiable reserves?

Your inquiry is welcome because people should be more insistent that exchanges do regular audits. We plan to work towards doing them more regularly, but at the present time the best I can say is that we want to do another one as soon as we can, but don't have a specific estimate.

Thanks for the reply and setting an example Smiley

Any thoughts on a simultaneous audits, something like announcing a date and inviting other exchanges to perform theirs at the same time? The last round of audits did a lot for trust (imho) but if there's bad actors involved with them there was plenty of time to transfer coins between exchanges.

That's an interesting suggestion, but as to whether we'd consider doing it, I don't know at this time. Have people been discussing/worrying about this scenario? I don't think I've seen it come up before.
Serpens66
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 11:40:15 PM

Hey Dargo,

Serpens - did you create a ticket about this? That would be the best way to make the request. I'm not sure if it can be done though. Currently the system sets your oldest address to expire once you create a sixth address. We plan to change this at some point so you can select the address that expires. When you create the ticket, let the agent know which address you'd like to expire instead and we'll see what we can do.
I wrote a ticket and the expiring address was changed, thx Smiley

Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 11:50:33 PM

Hey Dargo,

I wrote a ticket and the expiring address was changed, thx Smiley

Good.  Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 [133] 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 ... 344 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.