Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 09:19:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 ... 350 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] KRAKEN.COM - Exchange with USD EUR GBP JPY CAD BTC LTC XRP NMC XDG STR ETH  (Read 628686 times)
matuszed

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 09:08:05 PM

I wrote up a python class for trading on Kraken,  I've been using it for a few months. 

No documentation sorry Sad

https://github.com/matuszed/kraken/

What was wrong with the existing one? https://github.com/veox/krakenex

See https://www.kraken.com/help/api#example-api-code-python

Nothing it just didn't exist when I wrote mine, glad to see there's other options though.

"Markets can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent." -Keynes
Dargo
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 10:50:56 PM

In the interests of transparency as noted by another user I feel I should bring to the community's attention my experience with Kraken so far.

I have been awaiting a SEPA withdrawal for 2 months and despite continued (if ad hoc) contact with support I appear no closer to receiving it. This is my second SEPA withdrawal (the first actioned without incident) and I was told that the problem lay with me putting my bank's name rather than my own name on the transfer form. Fair enough, if that is indeed what I did. (although why the first SEPA made it through and this didn't I am not sure).

After a lengthy investigation, Fidor Bank confirmed that they had found the money and they would send it again. I am told that they sent it a few weeks ago but surprisingly it has not turned up, and now we are involved in another nebulous 'investigation'. I do not understand why Kraken appears to have such poor communication with their German bank that they are unable to resolve this issue within a satisfactory amount of time.

I will say; support is cordial but is often very slow to respond. I generally have a favourable opinion of Kraken however I think it serves us all to remember that all is not what it seems with this industry and exchanges (mt.Gox and Bitcoin 24 for example - both of which have burnt me in the past) aren't always as honest as they appear. I welcome any resolution from Kraken staff and hope this serves as food for thought for any prospective customers.

timbusan - If you'd like my assistance with this, please PM me your ticket number.

I think our communication with Fidor on delayed withdrawals at this point is pretty good, so if there's a problem with the process, I'm not sure it has to do with communication. If we have a delayed withdrawal case, we send Fidor the information they need to trace the payment, then the rest of the process is mostly up to them. We do everything we can to keep the process moving along, but it's a step that we don't have a lot of control over. I'm not saying this to distance us from the problem. An exchange is partly about partnerships and bank partnerships are the most important, so the service we offer has to do in part with the service our bank offers. We've been working together with our bank to improve payment tracing and we've made good progress. But we still have bad cases on both the deposit and withdrawal side that remain unsolved. The unsolved cases are a very small fraction of the total deposits and withdrawals that have been processed, but nonetheless we do have these failures and we are working to improve our record and get all cases solved.
Avalaxy

Activity: 149

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 12:46:35 AM

Woot, I just discovered that Kraken silently added OHLC data to the API: https://www.kraken.com/help/api#get-ohlc-data

BTC: 1BvzHyU2WnxtVYbUZYdQ6RExwLUZTfBN1K
LTC: LfoPTEEyhdRHn8Sob8tu1iLz8AjVpvAXa4
shockload

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 05:42:24 AM

UPDATE

Kraken just credit my account. I am sorry but I had to publish my problem because it was the only way to find a solution. I also tried to inform you because I believe in transparency. I hope to be the last person with such a problem. I am afraid I will not be...
I do not change my mind about Kraken.
Thank you all for your support (including Dargo).

I'm glad your account is finally credited giorgos, and again I apologize for everything you have gone through to get your money. I absolutely defend your right to publish your problem in this thread and I think everyone is glad you did.

We owe you our thanks because you helped us discover a source of missing deposits. After checking our bank account directly, we've found 7 more cases like yours (deposits credited to our account, but not reflected in our system). So 7 others are going to be very happy because of you. And more will be saved from grief in the future now that we've discovered (and fixed) this issue. I'm embarrassed that we had this issue in the first place, but also happy because it's progress in the right direction.  

I too believe in transparency and I practice it everyday in this thread. I've been transparent with you about the situation with your deposit, but I understand your suspicion. When it comes to your money, I think it's hard not to be suspicious when it goes missing for 22 days. So it's unfortunate that we've lost your trust, but I understand your position.    

I hope that mine is one of them as I am still waiting for Kraken to resolve this 38 days after my initial deposit. I have contacted my bank on numerous occasion who have told me just  like giorgos story that the money was credited to Kraken's account.

Do I have to go through the crazy problem of contacting FIDOR myself just to prove it?

Or do I have to start bad mouthing Kraken on here too in order to get my deposit in my account.

Girogos, did Kraken do as they promised and credit your account the extra 40 Euro you paid to prove it?

Hoping that since this post my account will be credited before the day is out.

enmarinas

Activity: 10

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 07:14:05 AM

First of all, I want to congratulate Dargo for beeing always answering all the request from customers.

My experience so far with Kraken has been mixed and not long enough to have a solid opinion...

2 SEPA Deposits:

1st test deposit came in in 2.5 days which is a bit long for SEPA but nothing to worry about.
2nd deposit, its been already 6 days and not arrived yet, although Im aware of the problem with thier bank API

But what made me register and write here is that I wanted to test how to buy and sell cryptos so I tried to do a small operation, selling 5000 DOGE into EUROS (4 euros aprox) at market price so it would be made instantly. My surprise was that after waiting for a while nothing happened.
Checked the Orders tab to find out it was cancelled by Kraken and the reason was "Market price protection".....HuhHuh

I always thought that one of the main reasons for Crypto currencies to exist was that there was nobody regulating them, no governments, no banks, etc.... If now Kraken decides when we can buy or sell and which price is ok for us to do it, then Kraken is regulating Cryptos...

I would appreciate if Dargo explains the official Kraken opinion on this.

Regards
Rannasha

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 07:48:53 AM

First of all, I want to congratulate Dargo for beeing always answering all the request from customers.

My experience so far with Kraken has been mixed and not long enough to have a solid opinion...

2 SEPA Deposits:

1st test deposit came in in 2.5 days which is a bit long for SEPA but nothing to worry about.
2nd deposit, its been already 6 days and not arrived yet, although Im aware of the problem with thier bank API

But what made me register and write here is that I wanted to test how to buy and sell cryptos so I tried to do a small operation, selling 5000 DOGE into EUROS (4 euros aprox) at market price so it would be made instantly. My surprise was that after waiting for a while nothing happened.
Checked the Orders tab to find out it was cancelled by Kraken and the reason was "Market price protection".....HuhHuh

I always thought that one of the main reasons for Crypto currencies to exist was that there was nobody regulating them, no governments, no banks, etc.... If now Kraken decides when we can buy or sell and which price is ok for us to do it, then Kraken is regulating Cryptos...

Regards

Since I'm just another Kraken user, this isn't the official Kraken opinion you may be looking for: The market price protection system prevents market orders from being executed when they would shift the price too much. This happens easily in markets with a very thin orderbook. There is a very simple way to circumvent the MPP: Simply place a limit order for a very extreme price. A limit order with a price that is far beyond the market price will behave just like a market order and pick up the best counter-orders until it has been filled. But the MPP system doesn't trigger for limit orders.
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 08:04:22 AM

I hope that mine is one of them as I am still waiting for Kraken to resolve this 38 days after my initial deposit. I have contacted my bank on numerous occasion who have told me just  like giorgos story that the money was credited to Kraken's account.

Do I have to go through the crazy problem of contacting FIDOR myself just to prove it?

Or do I have to start bad mouthing Kraken on here too in order to get my deposit in my account.

Girogos, did Kraken do as they promised and credit your account the extra 40 Euro you paid to prove it?

Hi shockload - I'm afraid your deposit was not one of the 8 we found. As I said to you before, we are pressing our bank to contact your bank. I haven't heard how that's going, but I've just contacted our head of payment tracing and will let you know when I hear back. Giorgos can confirm this, but we did reimburse him for the 40 euro he paid for the investigation from his bank. He did some kind of official request for information on a lost remittance. If your bank offers a similar type of investigation, we'd be happy to reimburse you as well, but only if the investigation shows that the deposit was already at our bank. I know that your bank has already contacted our bank, but I think the fastest way to resolve this issue is to work at it from both ends. So if there's anything else your bank can do to advance things, I think it's worth doing.
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 08:08:03 AM

2 SEPA Deposits:

Regards

Since I'm just another Kraken user, this isn't the official Kraken opinion you may be looking for: The market price protection system prevents market orders from being executed when they would shift the price too much. This happens easily in markets with a very thin orderbook. There is a very simple way to circumvent the MPP: Simply place a limit order for a very extreme price. A limit order with a price that is far beyond the market price will behave just like a market order and pick up the best counter-orders until it has been filled. But the MPP system doesn't trigger for limit orders.

There's also an explanation of this in our FAQ:

https://www.kraken.com/help/faq#market-price-protection
enmarinas

Activity: 10

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 08:48:09 AM

Strange, I answered with a long reply and forum said I already posted it before, went to the thread and wasnt there  Undecided

Anyway, I finally understood the "Market price protection", thanks!
ICFiedler

Activity: 132

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 12:26:31 PM
Last edit: February 27, 2014, 01:02:55 PM by ICFiedler

Dargo: my latest deposit is "on hold". What does that mean? I neither reached my daily nor my monthly deposit limit.

Talking of deposit limits: $100k per month is rather low for a trading site. Are there any plans to increase this for private persons? Registering as a company is no option due to legal uncertainty of bitcoin trading (does anyone know a country where it is safe to incorporate for bitcoin trading w/o having to register as a bank (which is virtually impossible)?)
giorgos-pap

Activity: 37

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 12:31:08 PM

Hi shockload - I'm afraid your deposit was not one of the 8 we found. As I said to you before, we are pressing our bank to contact your bank. I haven't heard how that's going, but I've just contacted our head of payment tracing and will let you know when I hear back. Giorgos can confirm this, but we did reimburse him for the 40 euro he paid for the investigation from his bank. He did some kind of official request for information on a lost remittance. If your bank offers a similar type of investigation, we'd be happy to reimburse you as well, but only if the investigation shows that the deposit was already at our bank. I know that your bank has already contacted our bank, but I think the fastest way to resolve this issue is to work at it from both ends. So if there's anything else your bank can do to advance things, I think it's worth doing.

Hi Dargo and shockload,
      I verify that Kraken reimburse me about my payment tracing and I want to thank Dargo for this.
      Even I had all these problems with Kraken I must admit that Dargo is very professional and he help me a lot.
      Thanks Dargo
Serpens66
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1131

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 01:06:28 PM

Dargo: my latest deposit is "on hold". What does that mean? I neither reached my daily nor my monthly deposit limit.

Talking of deposit limits: $100k per month is rather low for a trading site. Are there any plans to increase this for private persons? Registering as a company is no option due to legal uncertainty of bitcoin trading (does anyone know a country where it is safe to incorporate for bitcoin trading w/o having to register as a bank (which is virtually impossible)?)
hey, I already have a ticket about the "on hold" thing Wink

And the answer is:
Because of the API bug, all deposits from the weekend came in on the same time. But Kraken has a protection, when the same amount came in on the same time (like double spending protection ^^).
Now Fidor has to check, if I really sent 3 times 1k€ and that could take some days -.-
The advice was, if a deposit is not im my account and I want to send more money, I should send a different amount, like 1000 and 1001€.

Mit Cointracking (10% Rabatt) behältst du die Übersicht über all deine Trades und Gewinne. Sogar ein Tool für die Steuer ist dabei Wink                          
Great Freeware Game: Clonk Rage
binance.com hat nun auch SEPA und EUR Paare! Mit dem RefLink bekommst du 5% Rabatt auf die Tradinggebühren!
ICFiedler

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 01:09:18 PM

So if I now send x+1€, it goes through in the usual ~30 minutes? What will happen to the "on hold" deposit? Have you already received yours?
Serpens66
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 01:17:00 PM

So if I now send x+1€, it goes through in the usual ~30 minutes? What will happen to the "on hold" deposit? Have you already received yours?
I did not test a new transfer Cheesy But I think it should go through.. you could test it with 1€.
I sent 3times 1k€ and one time 500€ during the weekend. I received 1000€ and 500€. But 2000€ are on hold, because of the "same time same amount" thing. So I have to wait some days like you =/

Mit Cointracking (10% Rabatt) behältst du die Übersicht über all deine Trades und Gewinne. Sogar ein Tool für die Steuer ist dabei Wink                          
binance.com hat nun auch SEPA und EUR Paare! Mit dem RefLink bekommst du 5% Rabatt auf die Tradinggebühren!
KrakenTrader

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 01:37:26 PM

I did not test a new transfer Cheesy But I think it should go through.. you could test it with 1€.
I sent 3times 1k€ and one time 500€ during the weekend. I received 1000€ and 500€. But 2000€ are on hold, because of the "same time same amount" thing. So I have to wait some days like you =/

Reading your post, I guess it is safe to assume that doing multiple deposits / (withdrawals?) over the very same amount
may bring one in 'trouble' due to the way, how kraken script seems to try to prevent unintentional double spending.

So I would go for x, x+1, x+..., x+n where x is the amount to deposit / withdraw

Thanks for sharing.
usahero

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 02:26:13 PM

Hey

Today I opened account and wanted to SEPA withdraw 1,295.47 EUR to my bank account that I succesfully added to bank accounts list. When I try to request withdrawal, the page returns "Permission denied". I am Tier 2 verified and Tier 3 verification is in the process. Is that happening because the account is new or is there some other reason for that? I have not contacted a support since the page says that your support team has a lot of work :=)

Serpens66
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 02:43:51 PM

Now I deposited 1€ successfully Wink

ICFiedler

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 03:30:35 PM

I could also deposit a different amount. For now I hope they can release the stuck deposit. I had sent it today and the other one with an equal amount was from Sunday. So it is not exactly "same time". In the future I will definitely use krakenTrader's suggestion of depositing x+n €.
Avalaxy

Activity: 149

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 03:57:58 PM

Like I posted earlier today, Kraken now offers OHLC data through their API. Here's a first example of what you can do with it:

(using it for my Windows Phone Kraken app: http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=a3857353-599a-434f-8293-398745723de6)

BTC: 1BvzHyU2WnxtVYbUZYdQ6RExwLUZTfBN1K
LTC: LfoPTEEyhdRHn8Sob8tu1iLz8AjVpvAXa4
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 07:03:49 PM

hey, I already have a ticket about the "on hold" thing Wink

And the answer is:
Because of the API bug, all deposits from the weekend came in on the same time. But Kraken has a protection, when the same amount came in on the same time (like double spending protection ^^).
Now Fidor has to check, if I really sent 3 times 1k€ and that could take some days -.-
The advice was, if a deposit is not im my account and I want to send more money, I should send a different amount, like 1000 and 1001€.

Serpens is correct. We monitor deposits for possible duplicate deposits (i.e. you deposit 1K, but it gets credited to your account 2x). This created a problem for a few users when our Fidor connection went live again after being down. If you made deposits in the same amount, even if it was on different days, they came in at the same time to our system and looked like duplicate deposits, triggering our safety protocol. We are double-checking with Fidor to make absolutely sure none of these are in fact duplicate deposits, but it's just a precaution. I don't think this will take days, but I'll have to check and see where things stand on this. Will report back when I know more.

We do recommend that for deposits sent around the same time that you send different amounts so there's no chance of triggering the safety protocol. This is best practice for any bank transfers anyway, since it makes the transfers easily distinguishable in case they need to be distinguished (say if one is delayed and a trace needs to be run on it).

Another best practice, by the way, is to use more "random" amounts to make the transfer more easily identified. A $1000 deposit is going to be harder to search for than a $1063 deposit. The amount is one of the major identifiers banks use if they have to search for a transfer. Everyone likes to use nice round numbers like 200, 250, 500, 1000, 5000, etc., so if you do the same, your deposit might be harder to find among all the others. It's not that important, but still better to use random amounts.
Pages: « 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 ... 350 »
  Print  

Jump to: